Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E23: Johnny And Dora

• Start Topic

Jake and Amy go undercover to catch Brooklyn’s most notorious identity thief, and the case brings them closer together – very close. Meanwhile, the entire precinct is caught off-guard when one of their own says goodbye to the Nine-Nine.

So I guess it's Holt who is saying goodbye (temporarily, I'm sure). Here's me hoping beyond hope that it would be Gina getting a job with some international dance troupe, that would force her to leave New York forever.

• Love 1

So, we said goodbye to the snack machine. I'll admit, didn't see that coming. Also, Holt took the promotion rather than split up the squad. I wonder who the new captain is?

"Take Scully!"
"Yes, take me to the Land of Vending Machines!"

Andre Braugher really needs some awards. He absolutely brought it this entire episode.

"I was calling you a goat, you goat."

Diaz in her "excited" voice was, again, so weird. But funny.

• Love 7

I fully admit that I have no idea how the hierarchy of the NYPD works, so I have no idea if this would even be plausible, but I was really hoping that when the elevator doors opened it would have been The Vulture who strolled out. Guess we'll have to wait until September to find out who it really was.

Andre Braugher was just fantastic tonight.

• Love 8

I fully admit that I have no idea how the hierarchy of the NYPD works, so I have no idea if this would even be plausible, but I was really hoping that when the elevator doors opened it would have been The Vulture who strolled out. Guess we'll have to wait until September to find out who it really was.

Part of me wonders if they even know who is behind those doors. I also think it's possibly someone we haven't met yet, so maybe we didn't see the new Captain because we wouldn't have recognized them anyway.

I also agree about Andre Baugher. His goodbye was superb. I also loved Rosa. And Boyle. And Jake and Amy. Really kudos all around tonight. I'm just mad I have to wait until fall for more episodes!

• Love 7
(edited)

So many funny lines tonight, but for some reason this is the one that made me laugh out loud: "She's not a succubus with infinite powers. She's just a regular succubus."

Edited by 3dog
  • Love 9

I doubt Holt is leaving.  I'm also not surprised they didn't show us who his replacement was; they're probably still figuring it out themselves.

The Jake/Amy payoff was great. Great chemistry and very hot.  Hopefully they stay as funny in a relationship and they don't yank them around a ton next year.

Was not expecting emotional Holt at the end there. I also enjoy the Rosa/Charles relationship - way less weird/awkward than a year ago.

Also, how do I know all of YOU aren't wearing a wire??

• Love 18

Loved, loved, loved Jake and Amy.    That last scene with them was swoon worthy. Don't break my heart 99.

Holt has to come back right?  This ensemble can't be split up.  At this point I'd even be sad to see Gina go which is saying a lot.

It is a comedy though so I will let the feels go and remember the funniest part of the night:  Charles.  From "Oh My God tell me EVERYTHING!" squeals after the Jake/Amy kiss to his "RoRo" scenes, he was perfect.

Honorable mention to the fallen salute to the vending machine.

• Love 14

Happy bday Ro Ro! ROFL! And what would Johnny and Dora's squish name be? Jora? Hahahha! :)

Also, how do I know all of YOU aren't wearing a wire??

ROFL! I am going to have to spend 8 minutes to see if YOU are wearing a wire!!!! :)

• Love 2

LOVED this episode! I didn't even begin to consider that they'd have Holt actually leave until Andre Braugher let slip some actual emotions - that was quite a moment! I doubt they'll keep him (and Gina) away from the Nine-Nine for long though. As for who's getting off the elevator as the new captain, I'm hoping for Hal Linden as Barney Miller (or Ron Glass as Harris or Max Gail as Wojo.)

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm 100% sure Holt is coming back.  Granted, I think almost all of the cast is great, but Andre Braugher has been singled-out throughout the entire run, and I really can't see them dropping the character, unless he wanted out, but I'm pretty damn sure that would have been leaked by now.  Plus, since it sounds like Gina is going with him, I think it's just a set-up for next season.  I can see maybe a few episodes where we follow him doing the P.R. thing, but I have to think he'll be back to the squad, sooner rather then later.

Silly me; I should know by now that this show doesn't drag things out.  Instead of having Jake hide that he was planning on asking Amy out last episode, he goes ahead and tells her tonight.  Thanks, show!  And, sure enough, they just happened to end up on an undercover operation that makes them pretend to be a couple again, only this time, they actually have to kiss.  I could talk more about it, but really: Boyle's reaction alone, said everything that needed to be said.  And now they actually made out in the evidence room.  So, yeah, I have to think it will happen.  They clearly have feelings for each other.  We'll see how it plays out, but I continue to remain cautiously optimistic.  As long as they remain entertaining and fun together, and don't turn into a complete angst fest, I'll be satisfied.

Boyle helping "RoRo" get to her "surprise birthday party", was awesome.  I love when Boyle is just being a good friend, and trying to be helpful.  Thankfully, I think it was played in a way where didn't cross any line.  I love Boyle/Rosa as friends, so I hope it stays this way.  And, Rosa continues to get the biggest laugh: this time with her "fake surprise."  As great as she is with the deadpan, it's always amazing when Stephanie Beatriz is allowed to let loose like that.

Speaking of moving past deadpan, wow, did Andre Braugher kill his "good-byes" to the squad.  You could really tell he was broken-up over having to leave.  And the squad's reaction was great as well.  For some reason, I really liked how all Amy could do was yell "What the hell?!" three times, each time being louder.  No typical Amy goofiness: she was just plainly upset.  And, then Jake saying it reminded him of when his dad left.  Aww.  What, I'm not a robot!

I see they are saving the new captain for next season.  Curious to see if it will be someone we already know (my mind went straight to The Vulture, but I'm not sure how that would work), or if it will be someone new.  I would love it if it was a former Homicide: Life on the Street person like Richard Belzer, Melissa Leo, or especially Kyle Secor.

I'll miss the gang, but I'm glad to know we'll have another season of the Nine-Nine squad starting this fall!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 9
(edited)

My mind went to the same place.

I don't believe it can work by actual NYC heirarchy. IIRC the Vulture is just a Detective. He's a detective in the MCU, but still just a detective. Typically he would have become a Sergeant, then become a Lieutenant, and then become a Captain. And most police officers spend years between promotions, it's not like he could fast track. He could probably be an acting Captain though if he was atleast a Lieutenant.

But Brooklyn 9-9 (and really almost every cop show) isn't too concerned with how things actually work. For instance in 9-9 the MCU can pretty much poach any case they want, when in real life the NYPD MCU typically only handles kidnappings, bank robbery, and thefts of over $100,000 that target commercial entities or financial institutions. Ironically the case that got Holt promoted would have automatically gone to Major Crimes in the real NYPD.

So it probably could be the Vulture who is the new Captain, since they don't really care if things are accurate to the real NYPD.

Edited by Maximum Taco

Well, hell. That was an amazing episode.

Terry carrying out the entire filing cabinet when he couldn't break in to get the file he needed was a wonderful visual gag.

And...and...I liked Gina in this episode!!! What the fuck is happening?????

Why does Wunsch always make me feel like she's sexually attracted to Holt and is endlessly frustrated by it? His little eyebrow raise during her frisking in his office made me wonder how thorough she was being in her search of his person. His insults to her are priceless and Terry and Gina watching the 'show' was the icing on top.

Boyle was adorable. I love it when he's just happy and enthusiastic and supportive. His excitement over Jake and Amy kissing was hilarious and his comments to them were great. I had to pause the episode to finish out my laughter when Amy was all "ew" about him macking on a girl in their school play when they were in character as Annie and Daddy Warbucks and he was all "yeah...the audience was NOT into it". :D

The Boyle/Rosa hug was lovely. I really enjoy them like this, rather than the unrequited thing they had at the beginning.

And Jake/Amy? Well, that was a trope that I felt worked very well here. The looks they gave each other over dinner when they explained why they fell in love were so sweet and earnest. And Samberg has been killing it during Jake's vulnerable moments around Amy. I will admit that the way he was always cradling her close (rather than, say, a face grab) during their kisses was very affecting.  

If Holt actually leaves, the show will not be the same. I couldn't believe Gina chose to leave with him. Alas, I suspect she will return and poor Danny Franks will cry at having had his dream so cruelly ripped away from him. :D

• Love 12

I'm 100% sure Holt is coming back.  Granted, I think almost all of the cast is great, but Andre Braugher has been singled-out throughout the entire run, and I really can't see them dropping the character, unless he wanted out, but I'm pretty damn sure that would have been leaked by now.  Plus, since it sounds like Gina is going with him, I think it's just a set-up for next season.  I can see maybe a few episodes where we follow him doing the P.R. thing, but I have to think he'll be back to the 99, sooner rather then later.

Silly me; I should know by now that this show doesn't drag things out.  Instead of having Jake hid that he was planning on asking Amy out last episode, he goes ahead and tells her tonight.  Thanks, show!  ..

...Boyle helping "RoRo" get to her "surprise birthday party", was awesome.  I love when Boyle is just being a good friend, and trying to be helpful.  Thankfully, I think it was played in a way where didn't cross any line.  I love Boyle/Rosa as friends, so I hope it stays this way. 

Yes, AB is not leaving the show.  You can read an interview with Dan Goor about that and many other things here - http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/brooklyn-nine-nine-co-creator-on-holts-promotion-jake-and-amys-slow-burn-romance-more/single-page

I too appreciated how upfront Jake was with Amy.  Dan Goor addresses that in the interview also, and this is just part of what he said:

I'm really happy that we've made Jake and Amy so upfront with one another.  It feels true to their characters.  First of all, it took Jake a long time in season one to say something to Amy, but once he did, we didn't think we could make him backslide into being a person who couldn't/wouldn't speak to Amy.  The writers are all really vigilant about making sure that Jake and Amy are upfront and adult with one another.  These characters are cops, who face dangerous situations.  It seemed crazy that Jake would be unable to work up the nerve to tell a girl that he liked her.  Also, I think it's a good thing for the character, in terms of making it clear that he can be mature and adult, that he's able to tell Amy how he feels.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/brooklyn-nine-nine-co-creator-on-holts-promotion-jake-and-amys-slow-burn-romance-more#ddDkwqddSTuDPuf9.99

And this is what he said when asked about his thoughts on whether Boyle's crush on Rosa is gone for good... so I think you can probably rest easy:

Dan Goor: I will never say never, but basically never.  I think Boyle has moved on from his infatuation with Rosa.  First of all, it feels like we've played that comedy so I wouldn't want to do it again.  Secondly, Charles has matured: he's gone from infatuation, to real love, to casual sex.  That's a sad statement about what I think maturity is.  I like the fact that Charles and Rosa are good friends.  He risked his life (and his butt) for her, and she's always had his back.  I could see Charles back-sliding into ill-advised sex with Gina, but I don't see him becoming infatuated with Rosa again.  That said, I'd also like to see Charles date more this season.  He's really funny when he's in love.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/brooklyn-nine-nine-co-creator-on-holts-promotion-jake-and-amys-slow-burn-romance-more#ddDkwqddSTuDPuf9.99

• Love 7

Why does Wunsch always make me feel like she's sexually attracted to Holt and is endlessly frustrated by it? His little eyebrow raise during her frisking in his office made me wonder how thorough she was being in her search of his person. His insults to her are priceless and Terry and Gina watching the 'show' was the icing on top.

IIRC when she first came on the show they had a flashback where she made a move on him but he told her he was gay. My guess is she still has the hots for him but is mostly interested now because she seems like someone who likes to get her own way. The eyebrow raising during the patdown made me LoL for real. Am i the only one who thought the first patdown was kinda sexy?

I think I'm the only one who doesn't get the chemistry between Jake and Amy. I guess I just like them better as friends and co-workers.

When they were talking about who the new captain might be and Hitchcock said "I hope it's me" it was so cute because he was excited and sincere about it. Did they gather around the elevator right after Holt left? I'm hoping it was later and it's Holt on the elevator. I don't want to miss a minute of him at the 99.

• Love 5

Why oh why does every other show think adults acting like adults about their feelings is boring? This show demonstrates what all of us know from our own lives: that actual adult feelings are waaaaaaaay deeper, hotter, and more complex/interesting than shallow tweeny tropes.

I hope they don't put the Vulture in Holt's job. It's what I feared at first, also, but I just think the set up is too obvious and the jokes are ones we could already have imagined and discarded over the summer. Better that they should come up with another great character, and bring Holt back to the 9-9 anyway. Maybe Holt can file a sexual harassment suit against Wunsch, or he will fuck up the PR job by being too deadpan. I don't know. But I would like to see them handle it in a way that I can't think of on my own. Make it funny and interesting, I know you have it in you!

They said the vending machine was being replaced, right? So there will be a new one. I don't know what, but I want them to do something with the new vending machine, to round out the story.

• Love 2

Although I don't really see a lot of chemistry between Jake and Amy, I thought this was a great episode. Andre Braugher's robot impression was the best moment of any season finale I've seen so far this year, and I actually got a little choked up by his departure speech. I will miss that man all summer.

Also, I loved that Gina's fake flirtation with the file clerk led her to start using bird-based insults for Wuntch, that grackle.

As for the new captain, it better not turn out to be Robert California. #NeverForget

• Love 11
(edited)

When they were talking about who the new captain might be and Hitchcock said "I hope it's me" it was so cute because he was excited and sincere about it.

Hitchcock's always good for at least one.  "Do you have any idea how much diapers cost?"  "Yes!"

So, another summer spent pining for the return of my favorite TV cops.  Good finale, 9-9.

Edited by JohnnyGilda
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thank you, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, for reminding me that there are actual joyous, fun, affirming shows on television, where characters are not defined by plot and by whatever shock the writers want the audience to feel.

Great season finale. Loved the cold open, with them saluting the departing vending machine.  These cold opens really do feel like the writers packing as much of their 'adults act like crazy kids at work' ideas. And again, I love the inclusiveness of them. Amy's saluting, Gina's saluting, even Scully and Hitchcock are involved. These little beats just strengthen the core relationships of the show so well.

EVerything Jake/Amy was pretty much perfect. They have such a fun dynamic, and know each other so well. Amy immediately asking Jake why he was acting weird and him telling her the truth? What the hey? It's almost like they're being written as adults! I didn't know that was allowed on television.

They managed to take all the 'undercover kiss' tropes and put a great new twist on them, because Jake and Amy have been upfront about their feelings. The awkwardness played so well, with neither of them being in denial. They were sharing the awkwardness knowingly, rather than just being isolated from each other. So I hope the writers don't chicken out on this, and just have them continue to be honest and mature while they embark on a relationship. It'll work fine, as long as the show keeps the same philosophies it's had up to this point.

"So how was the restaurant?"
"SUCH A NORMAL TIME."

Boyle the 'shipper was adorable as well. And as a friend to Rosa. I'm so glad that they've moved past his crush so completely. "Anyone over the age of six celebrating a birthday should go to hell". This show is just giving me new maxims to live by every week.

Gina was actually not terrible in this episode. Because she was actually doing something that wasn't purely and totally selfish and self-serving. It won't last. Genius little moment with Terry not being able to open the filing cabinet, so he just stole the whole thing. Way to use Terry Crews to your advantage, writers!

Holt's petty insults of Wuntch are always so, so much funnier than they should be, due to Braugher's matter-of-fact delivery. "I'm sure you'd like to take some weight off your cloven hooves." And, "who wouldn't want to see a man fight a crocodile?"

Holt will be back, of course, but I'm interested to see who the replacement captain is, and what fun can be had with that in the opening episodes of season 3. I really liked that Holt took the bullet to stop his precinct being broken up, though. He isn't a complete robot, after all. Him getting emotional really socked me in the gut.

If Holt actually leaves, the show will not be the same. I couldn't believe Gina chose to leave with him. Alas, I suspect she will return and poor Danny Franks will cry at having had his dream so cruelly ripped away from him. :D

Yeah, she'll be back, sadly. But she was surprisingly tolerable in this episode. Hopefully the writers will use this as an opportunity for her character to finally grow beyond being the self-absorbed monster she is at the moment.

Why oh why does every other show think adults acting like adults about their feelings is boring? This show demonstrates what all of us know from our own lives: that actual adult feelings are waaaaaaaay deeper, hotter, and more complex/interesting than shallow tweeny tropes.

So. Much. This. I'm actually staggered with the way Jake/Amy have been written, and with the sensible ideas like 'they're honest with each other because that's the kind of people they are' that come from the writers. It's such a fresh approach (it shouldn't be, but it is), and it makes this feel so much different to most other TV couples to me. Because they know they like each other, and they've said it several times. Neither are hiding, they just aren't sure what to do about it yet. It feels so much more real than 'we kissed but it meant nothing because undercover' being said while both secretly think otherwise but could never admit it. I've seen that show a million times before.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 11
(edited)

IIRC when she first came on the show they had a flashback where she made a move on him but he told her he was gay. My guess is she still has the hots for him but is mostly interested now because she seems like someone who likes to get her own way. The eyebrow raising during the patdown made me LoL for real. Am i the only one who thought the first patdown was kinda sexy?

I, too, remember a flashback where she expressed her desire to make things more serious between them just as he revealed that he was gay.

And weren't they already dating when that happened? In that first episode with her, I could have sworn that he was convinced that the reason she hated him was because of bitterness over their breakup.

I've always assumed that she still had some kind of feelings for him - but in this episode, it felt like he felt sexual tension towards her, too (especially when he seemed to be fine with her searching him). I doubt that's what the writers were going for, but that's how it felt to me.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 1

I loved that in the cold open you can see Jake shove Boyle out of the way to get at the candy first. And I loved that even Amy joined in the rush toward the free food. 

One of the things I like to do with this show is when I'm rewinding to watch certain scenes - what? - pay attention to the reaction of the person who isn't speaking, especially with the Jake and Amy scenes. When they were at the hostess stand and the woman says she thinks she can find a table for a couple of lovers and Jake's all, "Yes. We are lovers," Amy's face, even as she's all pressed up against him has the funniest "He is such a dork, and this is so awkward, but I have to play along" expression on it. Perfect. 

• Love 5

Yeah I totally felt like there was some UST between Wuntz and Holt. I'm almost sorry he's gay because the hatesex potential is over the roof there.

I'm not sure I loved how Jake and Amy were handled this season, TBH. I totally loved them in s1, but this year, it feels like the writers didn't know how to treat the will-they-or-won't-they dynamic between them and lots of episodes didn't have them interacting at all. Which sucked, because I freakin' love their platonic squabbling and friendship - a romance shouldn't have removed all those aspects. Anyway, while there were cute in this ep and everything, I just didn't feel anything at the end. It felt too sudden. And I've always thought that they shouldn't hook up until either Jake matures a bit or Amy deals with the fact that he may never do it. Pretty sure it's going to be handled if they actually start dating, of course, but I feel like it's something that should have been brought up at some point. Overall, there's a lack of Amy POV on Jake/Amy relationship that annoys me.

(edited)

I always watch after I've read your comments, so I know all the jokes coming, but I still laugh out loud at the delivery.

I can't believe how attractive I find Andy Samberg in this role.

Edited by dusang
  • Love 7

Sorry but Amy Santiago shitting where she eats? Nah, not the way she has been presented up until this episode. I would say good-bye to 99 as i HATE when they pull this romantic shit with a small cast as the dynamics change. But due to Terry and Andre, I will try to stick around. 

• Love 1

Not the one you think! Well, maybe the one you think, but also another one.

http://previously.tv/brooklyn-nine-nine/brooklyn-nine-nine-closes-out-season-2-by-cementing-a-true-love-story/"> Read the story

Calling Gina Chaotic Good and Wuntch Lawful Evil is the kind of thing that will always keep me coming back to this place or wherever it is you go next.  I knew I had found my people back in 2004 when I was surfing around trying to find some place to talk about that new Trump show, and I was reminded of it again today.  Heh. Wuntch is SO lawful evil.

I always watch after I've read your comments, so I know all the jokes coming, but I still laugh out loud at the delivery.

I know!!  Hawt....that little dip in for the real kiss was delicious.

• Love 4

Way to close strong, B99!

Terry and Gina do play so well off one another, them in the observation room was fantastic. "What's going on?" Terry's uncomfortableness with the pat down was splendid. This whole season has done a great job at showing us the things that break Holt's stoicism, whether it's pettiness, embarassment, or in this case, hurt feelings. What grace was bestowed upon us for Andre Braughter to play this role?

• Love 3

I laughed the whole way through this episode.  

I think the funniest part was Boyle talking about the Annie/Daddy Warbucks make-out session in his high school play.  Just the mental image alone had me laughing at work this morning.

Gina and Terry watching the Holt/Wuntch showdown while actually eating popcorn was hilarious as well.

There were just too many good things about this show to point out here!

• Love 5
Maybe Holt [...] will fuck up the PR job by being too deadpan.

I'd love that - he is a total jokester after all, according to Kevin.

Jake/Amy and Boyle/Rosa were both great, for totally different reasons. Not a surprise though, I have a ton of faith in how Goor & Schur handle relationships and I haven't been disappointed so far.

New captain? Some said Nick Offerman, and I'd be totally on board with that.

Who's your season MVP? Holt is an obvious choice once again, but I'm gonna go with Terry. He's just been killing it throughout the season and this episode was another great example. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Holt/Boyle are my MVPs.  I come into the show being huge fans of Samberg and Crews (and now, Peretti) but Boyle is the most consistently funny I think.  I don't even want to like Holt, because he's just so damn popular amongst everyone, but he still always wins me over episode to episode.

Who was The Vulture?

Dean Winters, or Dennis Duffy from 30 Rock.  He was a foil to Peralta and always seemed to "swoop in" after a case was all but closed, and then announce to everyone he had closed it.  Rosa found him attractive (much like Carrie Bradshaw, and Olivia Benson, and Liz Lemon, and.... everyone...)

One of the hottest guys in Hollywood in my opinion.  Saw an old clip of him auditioning for SNL, younger and with long hair, I was swooning.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I think the funniest part was Boyle talking about the Annie/Daddy Warbucks make-out session in his high school play.  Just the mental image alone had me laughing at work this morning.

That had me laughing aloud to myself and I rarely do that. Such a hilarious story especially the way he was so proud of himself. Daddy Wharbucks and Annie full on making out. The playright sued the school. I'm laughing again typing this.

That final Jake/Amy kiss... my god. I don't normally find Samberg sexy but that kiss was damn sexy.

• Love 5

Love that you can tell how real that final kiss between Jake and Amy was.

Me too, the first two Jake/Amy kisses were not hot at all but that last one? Wow. (fans self)

• Love 5

On my third viewing (shut up).

Forgot these little nuggets:   The joy of Boyle and Diaz at Jake calling China the "Land of Dragons".  

Boyle singing the praise of Ms. Pacman:  She's insatiable. INSatiable.  INNNNSATIABLE.

Honeymooning in Waco Texas?  "It was on Dateline last night."

Um, peroggies, potato pancakes and hot cocoa? Yuck.

And the serious way Jake says "Amy and I kissed" when Charles asked why she was being so weird.  You could tell it rocked his world too.

• Love 3

The struggle is real. I am constantly dealing with how hot I find the "I threw it on the ground" guy on this show. Damn you, Andy Samberg and your hair stylist!

Such a great episode! There were legit tears when Holt left the 99 for the team. Even from Holt!

Stupid Wunch. That Cackle succubus. 

I love Jake and Amy. There, I said it, I ship it, and I`m glad. "We`re NYPD co-workers"! "This is a work function"! How can I not? 

Come back show! Come back!

• Love 3
(edited)

He has really grown into his looks, hasn't he? i can think of multiple times where I've looked at him on this show and thought "DAYUM!"

And if his fake TV kisses look that hot, then his wife is one lucky woman.

Holt/Boyle are my MVPs. I come into the show being huge fans of Samberg and Crews (and now, Peretti) but Boyle is the most consistently funny I think.

I have loved Joe Lo Truglio since The State. I would love to know how much of his stuff is written, and how much he adlibs into the scenes, because there are times where you can just see the cast trying to suppress their laughter behind him. Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 4
Holt's petty insults of Wuntch are always so, so much funnier than they should be, due to Braugher's matter-of-fact delivery. "I'm sure you'd like to take some weight off your cloven hooves."

Then Wuntch says something like, "Are you calling me Satan?" and Holt says, "No, I was calling you a goat, you goat." Love it! His Wuntch insults are the best. Grackle.

Such a fun and funny ep. Andre is magnificent. I was tearing up when he was getting emotional at the end. Wow.

Boyle is my next favorite. His enthusiasm and optimism is wonderful, and of course he's funny.

I hope I get a chance to rewatch. I watched on my sister and BIL's TV, and they have it set to look like a soap opera. Bugs the hell out of me and actually takes something away from the shows, imo. 

• Love 1

I see they are saving the new captain for next season.  Curious to see if it will be someone we already know (my mind went straight to The Vulture, but I'm not sure how that would work), or if it will be someone new.  I would love it if it was a former Homicide: Life on the Street person like Richard Belzer, Melissa Leo, or especially Kyle Secor.

Captain Munch? I'd pay money for that!

New captain? Some said Nick Offerman, and I'd be totally on board with that.

Fine, this one, too.

(edited)
As for the new captain, it better not turn out to be Robert California. #NeverForget

I didn't like him on the Office, it was already too dry, but I actually think it'd be really funny if it's James Spader. Replace Robot Captain (meep morp!) with Ultron!

But he's probably too busy to do a guest stint since he's killing it on the Black List. Since I'm guessing Holt will probably be in his new job for a few episodes.

Edited by Maximum Taco