Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E22: Chapter Twenty-Two

In the first-season finale, Jane goes into labor and Xo rushes to get home to her, making Rogelio feel disconnected from the family. Meanwhile, Michael and Rafael temporarily put aside their differences; and Petra uncovers crucial info concerning Rafael.
(edited)

I previously stated that, when you consider how much time was spent on the Sin Rostro mystery, it's remarkable how Jane, the show's main character, was never really involved in that story in anything other than a peripheral manner.

Well, I guess that's a thing of the past.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 3

Oh my god!

I totally called that the baby was a boy as soon as the narrator said that Jane's family had girls.

I did not see that coming with Sin Rosetro!

That's not fun telenovela badness, that is real heart rending evil. My god, poor Jane! She'll be so frantic.

• Love 6

I loves everything about this finale. It was like an episode from the beginning of the season.

I knew it would be a boy. I wanted it to be named Nino! Lol Nah, not really. I love Matteo for a boy.

When that nurse came into janes room, I knew what was going to happen, but I never saw it being tied to Sin Rostro!

I'm so on Team Rafael. Micheal tells Jane what he thinks she wants to hear rather than what he feels, like Rafael did. Michael, get together with Petra! Would be much better. Lol

Speaking of Petra... I had no idea what that phone call was about until she showed up at the clinic. I thought she was going to use the sample... Maybe that's what she'll do? Omg...

• Love 5

Wow. That was crazy. My jaw was on the floor by the end. I really hope that Petra doesn't use that sample. It undermines all the growth she made this season.

I wonder what Rose wants with Mateo? I hope the separation isn't too long. Poor Jane and Rafael.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yas use the sample, Petra.

At least her soapy hijinks justifies Raf continuing to live. 

Hooray that Michael is still alive.

Edited by jjjmoss

I wasn't going to watch this show.  The premise just really disturbed me - a comedy made out of an extremely non-consensual violation of someone's body.  Then all the talk made me mildly curious but I just didn't think I could support something with that premise.  Then someone from my feminist group mentioned watching it and noted how great it was and my interest piqued.  Finally, this weekend I just couldn't hold out any long so I binged.  It was amazing.  Awesome ending.  This show is so fun, and they even managed to take the bodily violation as seriously as it deserved, which surprised me.  Eagerly waiting for next season!

• Love 7

I wonder if Sin Rostro wants something that is hidden in the Recovery Suites because there was a lot of talk about demolishing the Suites in the beginning of the episode.

• Love 1

Also, I have more and more respect for this show's plotting.  When Nadine suddenly reappeared a few episodes ago and was confirmed to actually be a mole for Sin Rostro, it felt like a plot straggler from earlier in the season, perhaps tying up a loose end and giving a character moment for Michael.  But, in fact, Nadine's still relevant to the plot.

• Love 1

Good finale to a good season. Looking forward to the next chapter!

I am a bit surprised that this Sin Rostro storyline will extend beyond the season.

I don't love Luisa, but I would be disappointed that she's an imposter after her bittersweet scenes with Rafael. Otherwise, I have no clue who Sin Rostro is and why she would want Jane's baby.

• Love 4

The one thing I was looking forward to was seeing who the new Sin Rostro was so I was disappointed that the show chose to not drop that bombshell on us.  Maybe they're waiting to see if they can get Bridget back since it will be hard to replace her in the role.

Michael got lucky that Nadine came back, although it made zero sense why she would have come back and then escaped again.

All I could think of during the Petra story was all the HIPAA laws being broken.  Or some laws being broken.  No way do I believe they just hand over sperm without the owner's consent. 

Oh, and the notion of bringing a baby into the world just to trap a man or torture him would make her unrootable for me even for Michael.

While much of this episode was better than previous episodes, nothing really feels must-see for me come this fall.  For instance, I'm glad that the stupid breakup lie is out in the open, the fact that the stupid breakup lie even existed still bothers me.

I'm not terribly intrigued by the kidnapping either.  Perhaps I don't have the creativity but I don't know what the point of it will be other than to torture the new parents.

I also don't think there's much dramatic weight to the drunken marriage.  They still love one another.  Neither are involved with anyone else. 

• Love 4

Not the baby!! Get Matteo back!  I was like yelling at the tv. I hope they find him soon. I know there needs to be drama, but I don't want watch Jane be in That much pain. 

• Love 7

When she took Mateo for the hearing test, I was thinking, oh please don't make him deaf! But this is so much worse!!!

I also thought the phone call was to say he wasn't Rafael's baby. I'm not sure she'll use the sample to make another baby, but it'll be some kind of weapon.

• Love 3

I gotta say, I'm very disappointed with this show. The first 14 eps or so were so much fun and then it just became so boring. I don't really care about any of these luuuuve relationships because I know they will just continue in circles forever. I do feel a bit for Petra though, and I wish her longing was more interesting so I could like her more.

I was bummed that the baby was a boy. I liked the all villanuevas girls thing. But since Jane was so sure it was gonna be a girl it was obvious that it wouldn't be. At this point with shows the surprise would've been if it WAS a girl.

I so called the call being about Rafael's sperm and Petra inseminating herself.

I also called that Rogelio and Xo got married as soon as they saw the disc.

(edited)

Whoa! I thought the big twist would be something like Michael being killed off (when he went into the warehouse, I was like, "here we go") and/or a Sin Rostro reveal. We didn't get the reveal but we got that damn whistling and a kidnapping. That got several curses out of me. I knew as soon as the nurse came in for a hearing test that something was up (never give up the baby!) But a kidnapping? That was really upsetting. Like, yes, they're making it very clear that this is a real deal villain... but a newborn?!

Well, I'd been wondering what they'd do, since it's usually trouble, bringing a baby onto a show... how would the dynamics change? This takes things in a completely different direction! I'm hoping this means S2 will get back into that mystery stuff because the first half of the season was shocker after shocker, and then it got too realistic and serious.

My guess is that Luisa is the new Sin Rostro.   Rose killed Luisa while she was away.  Had plastic surgery to look like Luisa and has been masquerading as Luisa since she returned.

Oh, that's a good idea!! I noticed Luisa roll her eyes when Rafael was talking about his Jane problems (again) early on in the episode. Of course, who could blame her, but maybe that was a hint? And it would be very easy to slip back into things as Luisa, rather than adopt a new persona. Though you'd think Rafael and Petra would notice...

Well, rock on Michael for setting Nadine up. He's earned that commendation. (And now we really need help locating Rose, don't we? Ahhhh!)

Still very bored with Rafael/Jane and their romance novel stuff. I was into it in the beginning but I'm bored now. And Michael keeps earning some points, especially with that funny playlist. Michael's a pretty straight-laced dude but whenever they can slip in something goofy, it's great.

Oh god, now Petra has another sample and knows that Rafael was using her (yeah, doesn't feel so good, does it?). Now, if she's successful this time, Petra and Jane will be forever dealing with each other, due to their children being siblings. Geez.

And random but I wonder what's up with Andi (Michael's ex) and Rafael's mother... they were introduced and then disappeared soon after. What's their relevance? Because I know this show doesn't just do things.

Edited by omgsowicked

I am really glad Michael survived the season! I'm also very in favor of Rogelio and Xiomara being married, even drunkenly, since it will (hopefully) fast-track their reconciliation.

I'm a little concerned that the second season will not remain as light and frothy as the first, since the primary plot seems like it will be retrieving a kidnapped baby from a killer. At the same time, I suppose that would allow Michael to continue to play a key role on the show, and I'm apparently team Michael, so yay!

I appreciated having Luisa recap all of the crappy things Petra has done over the course of the season, but I feel like having her steal Rafael's remaining sample pushes her over into completely-irredeemable territory. I'm very wary of where that plot will go. Although if Petra being pregnant means she can't wear shorts all the time, it might not be the worst thing ever.

On the whole, though, I'd say this was a good way to wind down the first season while setting up some compelling leads for the second. I will definitely be tuning in in the fall!

Also, The CW - can we download Rogelio's alarm somewhere? Any day would be a wonderful day to be woken up by Rogelio.

• Love 4

I'm just going to pretend that babynapping didn't happen, because it will upset me too much to think about that for a few months. How will he eat?

I was really glad they didn't have Xo and Ro sleep through the alarm. It was really moving to see how invested Rogelio is in his daughter, and that scene with the three Villanueva women at the birth was just beautiful.

I liked that they didn't have Jane choose a suitor, and that they more or less redeemed both Rafael and Michael. They're both good guys, both right and wrong for her in different ways, and now is not the time to focus on a romantic partner.

Love the theory that Luisa is Sin Rostro, because she seems to have come back as a different (and much more competent) person. But the brother-sister bond would be hard to fake, I'd think, and didn't she know things Rose wouldn't know? Anyway, I was betting on the wrestler but that looks to be a red herring. I also thought Jane's baby would turn out to be black, and that would set up a whole different kind of mystery. Clearly I'm not in tune with these writers.

I totally want Rogelio's alarm.

• Love 3

I was really glad they didn't have Xo and Ro sleep through the alarm.

Yeah, I thought that was kind of genius.  It seems so totally telegraphed, and then when it doesn't happen you have no idea what the point of that was (apart from Rogelio's hilarious alarm)...until it's revealed that they got drunkenly married.  It's like using one cliche to surprise the audience with another.

• Love 1

I guess I'm out. Still haven't watched the episode and nothing I've read about it makes me want to.

Petra reverting to her old ways is the most disappointing thing for me. I love her when she's away from boring Rafael and his boring drama. I just don't believe she ever loved him, or if she did, what did she see in him. He just ruins everything he touches.

Baby-napping sounds snooze-worthy. Babies bore me in general.

At least they didn't kill Michael, like I theorized, so I guess it's something. I'll continue to root against Rafael on the sidelines and maybe will come back if the show gets back to its roots (less Rafael, less love triangles, more funny stuff, more crime stuff).

• Love 2

I fully expected the call from the hospital to be that there had been a mixup and the sperm that accidentally impregnated Jane was not Rafael's, but someone else's (who I was assuming we would meet next season).

My guess is that Luisa is the new Sin Rostro.   Rose killed Luisa while she was away.  Had plastic surgery to look like Luisa and has been masquerading as Luisa since she returned.

I too thought there had been a mix up with the samples and that Matteo was not Rafael's biological child. The twist surprised me.

I like your theory about Luisa being Rose. So far, Luisa has been agreeable with Rafael, not loopy at all, and has this new love interest that could act as a body guard if Luisa was Rose. I don't know if I like it yet, but that would be a heck of a twist! Poor Rafael. :(

I can't help but think Michael is such a better partner for Jane.  Their interaction seems so much more like a real, well suited couple... and less like a romance novel.  

They ARE sweet together. But is it because they are in love with one another, or because, as Jane said, Michael is "comfortable and safe"? He's a known quantity, so to speak, while Jane doesn't know Rafael much.

It actually bugged me a little that Michael was telling Jane all the things she wants to hear rather than telling her the truth about how he feels (he sorta kinda did, but it was hella vague), while Rafael was being truthful to her, even if that was not what Jane wanted to hear in that moment.

• Love 3

Oh, and the notion of bringing a baby into the world just to trap a man or torture him would make her unrootable for me even for Michael.

While much of this episode was better than previous episodes, nothing really feels must-see for me come this fall.  For instance, I'm glad that the stupid breakup lie is out in the open, the fact that the stupid breakup lie even existed still bothers me.

I'm not terribly intrigued by the kidnapping either.  Perhaps I don't have the creativity but I don't know what the point of it will be other than to torture the new parents.

I also don't think there's much dramatic weight to the drunken marriage.  They still love one another.  Neither are involved with anyone else. 

I do hope Petra is not going to go there. But this is based on a telenovela so...

Speaking of which, telenovelas are made of just that - drama in relationships. They get together, break up, get back together again, break up again. To me it was inevitable that Rafael would back out of his relationship with Jane at some point in time, only to regret it.

Kidnapping Matteo is clearly to get to Rafael. Jane is just a bystander. But why? As others said, is it to get to the recovery suites for whatever reasons? Is it to get money from Rafael? Is Milos involved (far fetched, but he disappeared from the show, is he still relevant or not? ) So many questions!

And I thought it was hilarious that Xo and Ro got drunkenly married! I am 100% sure they will NOT divorce either.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was surprised when Xo and Ro didn't wake up from their drunk Vegas night with rings on and freaked out they got married that's what I expected. Then they woke up with no rings and didn't go the normal route I was pleased. Then having the dvd show at at the end went back to predictable. 

Jane and Michael seem so natural. Michael seems so much more suited for Jane and like he actually knows her. With all the encouraging her to not give up with her education and being interested, in knowing what she's actually even doing with her work/education. Raphael doesn't seem to be interested in the other aspects of Jane's life, just his own. 

Nice twist with it being a plan to let Nadine go instead of Michael just being dumb. 

Ro's face of hope and excitement when Jane said she was texting Michael was hilarious. He looked giddy. 

I really hope the baby isn't kidnapped for long, I'm guessing Luisa has to be involved in this somehow and it's because of Raphael.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5

I'm also hoping the baby isn't missing for too long, because watching Jane and Co. be sad and scared does not make for a fun show to view.

I liked the picture Xo made for Rogelio with him photoshopped into Jane's birth. And his alarm because that was perfection.

I think I would have liked it to turn out that the baby wasn't Rafael's. It would have introduced an interesting dynamic. Ah well.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm just going to pretend that babynapping didn't happen, because it will upset me too much to think about that for a few months. How will he eat?

That's the same thing I was thinking. Does Sin Rostro have bottles ready for the baby? I don't like this babynapping plot AT ALL. If the nurse was just some crazy woman who wanted a baby, I'd feel a little better knowing he'd be cared for properly.

They ARE sweet together. But is it because they are in love with one another, or because, as Jane said, Michael is "comfortable and safe"? He's a known quantity, so to speak, while Jane doesn't know Rafael much.

You could argue that the "comfortable and safe" person is whom you should be with. Early in their relationship, Jane was just as giddy in love with Michael as she was with Rafael. I don't have a preference for either of Jane suitors -- both have their good and bad qualities. I will say, though, that she and Rafael have had conflicts practically since day one, so no matter how in love they think they are, their relationship is rocky.

I'll have to give back my feminist card for this, but I was hoping that Jane would just let the baby have Rafael's surname, just because it's his only chance to have a son (as far as he knows), and he would like the kid to pass on his name. I say this as someone who has my mom's last name and wouldn't dream of changing it to my father's, so I fully recognize that I'm being a hypocrite.

My favorite scenes were with Gabrielle on the bus, especially when she gets on the phone with Xo, and then Xo tells Jane, "Gabrielle and I think you should go to the hospital." I also liked Xo talking the bus driver.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 6
My favorite scenes were with Gabrielle on the bus, especially when she gets on the phone with Xo, and then Xo tells Jane, "Gabrielle and I think you should go to the hospital." I also liked Xo talking the bus driver.

Yes to this! That is exactly something my mom would do, so I like seeing how Jane allows her mom to boss people around for her. 

• Love 2

OMG.  Never, ever, ever, could have predicted the baby being taken.  Noooo!

Cutest baby too!  (Besides my own.)

Was worried about Michael surviving the season as well.  Very glad he didn't get killed.

Loved Jane waving to all of the people on the bus.  Super-sweet and I almost starting crying then.  I also liked the actual birth scene where Xo used the same words as her mother had said to her.

• Love 4
(edited)

It actually bugged me a little that Michael was telling Jane all the things she wants to hear rather than telling her the truth about how he feels (he sorta kinda did, but it was hella vague), while Rafael was being truthful to her, even if that was not what Jane wanted to hear in that moment.

I don't know how Michael was being untruthful though. He wanted Jane to focus on the baby near the end. He also told the truth about not wanting to be familiar and safe. I didn't really see a moment where he was saying what Jane wanted to hear because that was what Jane wanted to hear. Michael was just being himself, he wasn't trying to be her ideal, but it just so happened that his truth was what Jane wanted to hear. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 10

I love the idea that new-and-improved Luisa is really Rose!

I also wanted to note that I really liked Gabrielle! Now I want her to be involved again somehow.

The babynapping plot doesn't thrill me, but hopefully Nadine will be able to lead them to Mateo before too long. What could Rose want from Rafael? I do think those recovery suites got mentioned for a reason.

All along with Petra's plot, I kept thinking maybe Rafael drafted Scott to make Petra think his health was in jeopardy again so she'd take pity on him. Way off base!

• Love 1

Honestly, Petra has to be the most PATHETIC loser if that's how low she's willing to stoop to trap a man who DOES NOT WANT HER. Rafael has told her several times, in no uncertain terms, that he does not want her ass. And yet she just won't go away. Is she really going to impregnate herself in order to blackmail him? Why the hell can't she move on and find some other millionaire who actually wants her? Why so desperate? UGH. All season she has been this gnat that won't get the message and keeps coming back even when someone tries to swat it away. Now she intends to forcefully insert herself into Rafael's life for the foreseeable future. LAME. Even if all she intends to do is hold his sperm hostage in order to control the business, this is still worse than all the other crap she's pulled, and she has pulled some crap. At this point she should just get back with acid-throwing Milos since they're on the same scum level. I hope next season she finds some pride, gives Rafael his sample back and gets a damn life. 

Exactly. I'm all for strong female characters, which NOT the direction they're taking Petra. Asshole =/= strong.

I hope the entire next season isn't devoted to finding this baby. No need to have poor Jane crying and hand-wringing for 22 episodes. Please don't drag Matteo's rescue out.

• Love 4

I was willing to give Petra a chance after she started off this entire store by attempting to trap someone by getting pregnant.  She had started to redeem herself, even if she was still really snarky.  I really hope she doesn't revert back to who she was in the pilot.  That would be boring.  There are all sorts of things she can do with the sperm as a way to sway Rafael without inseminating herself.  She could gift it to him, for example.  Show him how great and thoughtful and trustworthy she is by going to pick it up from a cryobank that had lost it and nearly robbed him of another chance to be a father.  

(edited)

I suspect that of the two cliffhangers, it will be the Quest for the Holy Grail of Rafael's Seed that will continue longer into the second season; I have high hopes that the GPS bug in Nadine's phone will help resolve the baby-napping in time for his next feeding.  This show does move the plots along rapido!

I loved it when the bus passengers said "GO TO THE HOSPITAL" to the driver.  Then all waved "good luck" to Jane. 

And I was holding my breath when Michael went into that warehouse with gun drawn, because that foreboding prediction from mid-season was still in my ears.  Glad he got to the end of the season!  I am still Team Michael. 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 2

I'm very unworried about Matteo's feeding.  That's one of the easiest things for a kidnapper to plan for and take care of.  Formula and bottles and diapers can be found anywhere.  I'm more concerned with attachment issues.  These sorts of disruptions in caretaker can be really damaging.  

• Love 1

The attachment issue thing was what I first thought of. Mateo better not bond with Rose and turn evil.

I'm hoping they get him back in the first episode and everyone just gives Jane a long list of excuses about where he is and what he's doing that she can't see him. Or knock her out with drugs. Because I just can't imagine how sad and terrifying it would be to have a newborn disappear, or how it would mess with your head and parenting style long term.

Anyone else remember the lactation teacher telling Jane's class that they mustn't let the nurses 'kidnap their babies' and her freaking out about it? Hmmmm. Foreboding.

• Love 3

I don't see how the show could be about anything else until the baby is back in Jane's arms, so I am counting on a quick resolution to that one. 

As I've been pleading for years at the end of seasons:  we don't need a cliffhanger to come back next season.  If we like a show, we'll be back.  If not, a cliffhanger ain't gonna do it.  I find it very irritating. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Speaking of which, telenovelas are made of just that - drama in relationships. They get together, break up, get back together again, break up again. To me it was inevitable that Rafael would back out of his relationship with Jane at some point in time, only to regret it.

I've watched my share of soaps and telenovelas.  Boy do I know how they work.  Maybe I've watched too many because my patience tends to wear very thin after a while.  One thing I do feel about soaps/telenovelas is that they often get dismissed as not something to be taken seriously.  For instance an argument if something isn't well done is that is what's to be expected because it's a soap.  weird plot twist out of nowhere?  It's a soap! Just roll with it.  [i'm not saying this is your argument, just an argument in general I've seen.]

But because I've watched a bucketload of soaps, I know that there is soap done well, soap done for the sake of soap and soap done horribly.  I felt the way the breakup was done was soap done poorly.  Just as I thought the cliffhanger was soap for the sake of soap. I think Jane the Virgin did soap so much better in the first half of the season.   

I'll have to give back my feminist card for this, but I was hoping that Jane would just let the baby have Rafael's surname, just because it's his only chance to have a son (as far as he knows), and he would like the kid to pass on his name. I say this as someone who has my mom's last name and wouldn't dream of changing it to my father's, so I fully recognize that I'm being a hypocrite.

My reasoning was more shallow.  When the baby was going to be a girl, I thought Nina Villanueva sounded like a good full name.  But once it was a boy with the name Mateo, I thought Solano was more fitting.  For me, the a's went together and the o's went together.

I do wonder what Jane will do if she gets married.  Does she plan on keeping her maiden name?  (Which I fully support, BTW.) Because if she plans on changing it, then that's going to get confusing at that kid's school when neither of the parents who pick the child up share the kid's last name.

As I've been pleading for years at the end of seasons:  we don't need a cliffhanger to come back next season.  If we like a show, we'll be back.  If not, a cliffhanger ain't gonna do it.  I find it very irritating. 

I agree if it's something like a procedural but cliffhangers are huge business.  It gives the marketers something to target.  "Tune into the season premiere to find out X." Sure, in a perfect world, people who like a show will tune in next year but summer is a long time.  People get busy.  Reminding people there's an answer they're waiting for makes catching that premiere a little more urgent.

It also can create a lot of buzz over the summer.  The first season of The West Wing was a well regarded comedy/drama but the biggest questions they faced were whether they'd be able to get all the polling they needed or if they could get a bill passed.  Then came the season finale

where there was an assassination attempt.

All anyone could talk about that summer was

who got shot on

The West Wing? People tuned in for the resolution.  Ratings doubled for the show in the second season. The West Wing was a great show so the people who tuned in for the resolution stayed but that cliffhanger turned it into a buzzworthy show.

And that's why the cliffhanger is here to stay, especially when it's so integral to the format [speaking of what should be expected with a telenovela.]  Jane had numerous cliffhangers throughout the season.

Personally, I don't think this was a very good cliffhanger but I do think this show needed one.

Edited by Irlandesa
(edited)

You win the internet!

I really, really hope they get that baby back on the 1st episode next season... hell, I hope when we get back to it the baby has been found and they just explain how it happens.  I do not think I can put up with Jane in that much pain.  

I refuse to call that baby anything but Matelio!

Edited by PiggyRod
  • Love 1

I did not expect to tear up while watching the finale, but I did. Twice. The first time was when Xo arrives in the delivery room and all three Villanueva women are crying. The second time was when Jane got to the "Rogelio" part of Mateo's full name.  They also did a nice job of summarizing the story and including some callbacks to the early part of the season. I liked Jane's seeing Rogelio/Santos coming to life on the bus, and like an earlier poster said, seeing all the bus passengers wave at Jane at the hospital was a very sweet moment. This episode has some major re-watch value!

• Love 5

I fully expected the call from the hospital to be that there had been a mixup and the sperm that accidentally impregnated Jane was not Rafael's, but someone else's (who I was assuming we would meet next season).

eye to eye.  

I was fleetingly very excited.  I'm not really invested in Michael *or* Rafa so the idea of a new man was exciting.

And I don't hate Petra - I think of her less as a villain and more as a survivor.  She's done some horrible things - she's had some horrible things happen to her.   But I think she really does love Rafael.  THAT being said, I hate that he is manipulating her so cavalierly.  I think it speaks to his character.  He is someone who manipulates people who are in a weaker emotional state.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.   I loved all the Ro & Xo parts.

Oh, except the kidnapping baby part.  That was a real downer - especially as the cliff hanger.  Too dark for the show.

• Love 2

I know it's a telenovela and life works differently there, but it is not that easy to kidnap babies from hospitals! 

Just started watching the last few episodes, but I'm freaking out at this plot. Jane's supposed to get the lighter, funnier parts, not the scary criminal parts! Really great finale, though. I will definitely be coming back for season two.

Finally got to see the episode, and of course, I adored it with a white hot fiery passion I usually reserve for good wine and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. 

Jane getting help from all the random bus people was funny and sweet, and yes, I teared up when she had the baby. And I dont normally get all misty about babies! Please say little Mataleo (which is what I`ll be calling him) gets back safe soon! I cant imagine everyone being all sad and worried, its too depressing. 

I like Rafael, but I am firmly team Michael. I loved when he said he didnt want Jane to focus on the love triangle, instead to focus on Mataleo. And then when he told Jane he didn't just want to be her "safe" choice. I always think that's a sucky thing to say about someone, that you basically want to be with them because they're the "boring, safe" choice. It sounds like its settling. Good for Michael for nipping that in the bud!

I feel bad for Petra. Yeah, she has done bad things, and she`s very manipulative, but she does love Rafael, and she, to me, is still pretty sympathetic. 

I love Rogelio and Xo so much. I`m glad it seems like they are going to end up together. Rogelio is the series MVP, which is pretty impressive considering how much I love all the characters. 

I`ll miss you, show! Come back soon!

• Love 4

OK, show -- you know what you're doing. That was great. Good season finales this year.

I don't know if I haven't seen that many shows where women give birth, but that was one of the most realistic I've ever seen. Jane had contractions that were painful, got gradually worse, she had an epidural (!!!) but still had to push and was tired by the end of it, but still got through it. I swear, half the soap operas/movies I've watched confuse having a baby with an excorcism: comes on suddenly, is over in 10 minutes and is nothing but endless screaming in pain.

And that baby looked more like an actual newborn, not like the four-month olds they get on Grey's Anatomy whenever someone gives birth. All contorted, eyes closed. Bravo, baby casting department!

I teared up when Xiomara got emotional about Matteo's name. I think the actress often gets overshadowed comedically and dramatically, but that was perfectly played.

Given that the whole series thus far was leading up to the birth, I think they knocked it out of the park -- exceeding expectations. Well done, show.

• Love 1