Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Iron Hans

After making Juliette so hateful and irredeemable, they better be building up to killing her off.   And I never thought I'd say that.  I am usually against killing characters off, even when I don't like them.  

• Love 19

All I can say is that I hope that Nick plans to take that baby from Adalind. That woman should not be allowed to raise a rattlesnake much less a child.

I am surprise the Royals or another Wesen hasn't burnt down the trailer before given how many people come and go from it all the time so kudos to Juliet to being the first Wesen to use her brain. Now if only, Juliet would snatch that baby out of Adalind's womb and then kill her.

Other than Monroe's speech about being a Wesen and living in two worlds, I thought the case of the week was pretty predictable and weak.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Holy Moly! Juliette burned down the Grimmebago! The feces sure hit the rotating oscillator this episode.

I sincerely hope they don't trust Adalind with the cure for Juliette. Sure, suppress the Hexenbeiste. I'll believe that when I see it. Oh wait, I don't believe that. Adalind will so screw them over.

I completely hated the killer. Daddy and bubby didn't pay attention to me, so I'll kill people. I'm glad the "weak" human you decided to hunt gutted with his hunting knife. Survival of the fittest, girlie.

I want the obnoxious Royal to just die now. He's just annoying the ever living daylights out of me.

I also want to know what's going on with Sean. His father is apparently OK with him being killed. Sean continues to have blackouts and beat people up.

These setup episodes make me worry. This can only lead to much wailing and lamentation for the season finale.

• Love 6

Wow. Juliette used just bore the crap out of me. Now, she's beyond hateful, so she can be dispensed with quickly. I tried to give the actress the benefit of the doubt, but she really is...not good at her job. It was almost laughable how she was trying to portray "bad-ass", she came across as constipated. Whatever.

The move she pulled with the trailer sealed it for me. #ByeJuliette

If Shonda Rhimes can kill off a main character on Grey's Anatomy, then there's hope for us!

• Love 9

Thanks to the very bad weather in my neck of the woods, I missed about half of the episode. Still? I think I caught the important stuff.

I did miss how Kenneth and Juliette met up and decided to be buds, though.  Also, anyone who straight-face poses the "pawn or a queen" thing should have their face melted off. Srsly, Ken? You want her to be ya'll's pawn so STFU. Also, if hexen were so valued, why is Elizabeth still on the run? 

I guess the trailer is what the EPs or whoever meant by 'reboot'?  Are we supposed to think that Aunt Marie's trailer was a crutch of some kind? That it made Nick's job too easy? Whatever. Not every wesen or solution was in that trailer. (I actually thought about the super-soaker as they panned the weapons.) As a person whose folks loved antiquing, my heart died a little at the actual artifacts that were in the trailer.  (Note to director: In a small, confined space full of old paper items, probably flammable liquids, and other assorted things like fabrics and fifty-year old news reels? We get  that the candle is ominous. Really.  We don't need fifty shots of the candle near the books to be concerned. K? Thnx.)

I am sad that I missed most of the Jeff Fahey this episode, but that's what other means are for.

I think that I am close to cutting this show loose. I'll try to stick it out to the end of the season, but after the preview? Not sure I'd be interested.

eta:

I completely hated the killer. Daddy and bubby didn't pay attention to me, so I'll kill people. I'm glad the "weak" human you decided to hunt gutted with his hunting knife.

"No one will miss him!"  Wow. It wasn't like he was homeless--not that homeless have no family that worry over them; the hiker was dressed nicely and in clothes that cost a bit. He wasn't necessarily rich, but he was of some means. Someone would miss him. He possibly had a check-in routine just in case too.  If the rest of the writing  for the case was that hacky and weak ("Miss Monroe! in a very, very betrayed voice), I may have to ff through it when I watch the whole episode.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 5

No!!!  Juliette killed the Grimmebago!  Fucking low, Juliette.  Fucking low.  I have to continue to believe this is the Hexienbiest in her and once it is out, she'll be back to normal.  Because if not, then I don't see how they can not have to go after her.  She clearly is not going to quit doing stuff like this, now that she knows Adalind's pregnant with Nick's baby, and she's pissed at him for, I don't know, not just sitting back and letting her kill a woman and her unborn child.  Sheesh, this is getting ugly. And, judging from the preview, it is only going to get worse.  If Juliette goes to where they were suggesting, then she really is full-blown evil.

Everyone's reaction to Adalind being pregnant again was great; especially Renard's "That's not mine!", as soon as she saw the belly.  That whole idea truly terrified him.  And, then Nick all "Again, Renard?!", and Renard being "Dude, no!", when Nick thought Renard knocked them her up again.  And, then the shot of Nick/Adalind walking out, and both Hank and Wu look at them, look back at Renard, and then just look baffled.  Oh, comedy.  This cast excels at it.

So, Renard is still assaulting people, apparently.  I have no idea what to think with all this.

The Wesen of the week was kind of a bust for me, because I had Maggie/the daughter pegged in the first scene.  Any time there is something involving one of those "all-male" bonding groups and their is a lone woman in the story, she usually plays some part in it.  So, that wasn't surprising.  Still, I liked seeing Monroe take front and center, and it was great as always to see Jeff Fahey.

• Love 11

Well, Adalind is evil and she gets to run around getting pregnant every two seconds, trying to kill people, and wrecking their lives with no consequences so I am enjoying Juliet "cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war" as no doubt they will reign in her hexenbiest and turn her good again. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

My librarian heart wept for the books in the trailer.  I told you ages ago, Nick, you should have hired me to scan and catalog them.

I really don't like where the Juliette story is heading.  Making her angry and shutting Nick et al. out is one thing, but the vicious, deliberate, just plain evil stuff she is doing is too much.  I don't know how her character can come back from this, and I hate that, because I really appreciated no-drama Juliette who was always sensible and there for Nick.  Plus, the writers are contrasting her with Adalind and making Adalind supposedly sympathetic, when she is not, at all, stolen child notwithstanding.  Also, are they actually going through with Nick's child?  Is he actually going to juggle being a father with his Grimm and police duties next season?  How will that work with his animosity towards Adalind?  I've had faith in the writers through the coma and the (first) pregnancy and the Royals, but I don't see how any of this turns out well from a storytelling perspective.

• Love 11

I mentioned on here last week that Nick should move that trailer- that Juliette may do something. And she did do something!!

This stuff with Juliette makes me sad...

When Nick stepped in between her & Adalind at the police station- I knew that was it. I knew Juliette would take it as Nick defending Adalind and I get her feeling hurt & betrayed. She did step over a line & next week... Depending on what happens, I may go from feeling kinda bad for her to HATING her within a week.

I'd like to know if anyone else has thought about this- I really think they're setting up the end of the series. Juliette is like the ultimate villain. Losing Aunt Marie's trailer is HUGE. Where/however they decide to end this Juliette arc, it's not gonna be good for anyone. So where could they go from there?

2 more questions & I'll shut up::

•• Does anyone else think that this kid may not end up being Nick's?

•• The keys that Nick had- the ones that are pieces of maps- I think he had 2 of them?? They were in the trailer right?

• Love 1

"I know who I've slept with!"--Adalind

Unless you want to conviently forget the sexytimes with Renard, which makes you sketchy to a portion of the viewing audience as is!  Diana is Eric's untl she's obviously Sean's. Adalind has been written as so twisted, she's practically a Moebius strip.

I am beginning to think that the solution to Renard's phantom bleeding will bring back the memory of his sexytimes with Adalind and that will "free" Nick of fatherhood just yet.

•• The keys that Nick had- the ones that are pieces of maps- I think he had 2 of them?? They were in the trailer right?

They may be in the drawer of his work desk, along with lonely sticks of gum, for all the attention he's given them in the past. (That's where he hid his one key when Nick knew Renard was actively looking for the Key!)

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 2

Yea well she's evil and everything, but still, even when at each other's throats Adalind has some va-va-voom with Nick that Juliette never had.

Adalind, Nick and little Nick! Nice house in the 'burbs. Yea, I'm for that. Juliette can take off.

eta: I was slow to pick up on the Iron Hans/Iron John Bly reference even though Monroe stated it. I kept thinking about Clever Hans the German horse and the Grimm brothers fairy tale.

Edited by fauntleroy
  • Love 8

Does anyone know if "Iron Hans" is supposed to be a sort of cross between "Iron Man" and "Burning Man"?

My librarian heart wept for the books in the trailer. I told you ages ago, Nick, you should have hired me to scan and catalog them....

Mine too. Until I learn otherwise, I am clinging to the hope that during Wu's solitary crash course in Grimmology, he at least took pictures with his cell phone. Lots and lots of pictures. You hear me writers and last minute editors? Wu took lots and lots of selfies in the trailer!!

...I really don't like where the Juliette story is heading. Making her angry and shutting Nick et al. out is one thing, but the vicious, deliberate, just plain evil stuff she is doing is too much. I don't know how her character can come back from this, and I hate that, because I really appreciated no-drama Juliette who was always sensible and there for Nick...

I do vaguely remember posting about how refreshing it was to have no drama Juliette back in season one

...Adalind has been written as so twisted, she's practically a Moebius strip...

Excellent description! It should have come out of Monroe's mouth.

...I am beginning to think that when the solution to Renard's phantom bleeding will bring back the memory of his sexytimes with Adalind and that will "free" Nick of fatherhood just yet...

Now I really do wish you were the lead writer of the show, Actionimage.

Forgot to mention: Not enough Jeff Fahey

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

I think I'm out.  I've missed the last three episodes in favor of Amazing Race, intending to watch online.  Then I come here and realize I don't want to see the episode after all.  I've only watched a handful of episodes this season, and things are looking grim for next week.  They could have killed Adalind, they could have killed Juliette, losing either would be an improvement.  But no, they kill the trailer.

• Love 4

I liked the Wesen of the Week storyline this week. Like I said before, I prefer the episodes when we focus on good Wesen and how their societies work. I thought the twist would be the father or that other guy who didn't like Nick would be the killer.

BOOOOOOOOOO Juliette! This might be the point of no return for the character after destroying the trailer. All the precious knowledge from those books is gone forever unless Wu has photographic memory that we have never head about. Juliette has done more to damage to Nick than those useless Royals have EVER done.

Starting fights in bars is one thing, but destroying the trailer is just being vindictive. I still don't like what they are trying to go with Juliette. It looks like the the writers want to do the whole absolute power corrupts thing, but instead of being like the Dark Phoenix saga from the X-men comics, Juliette is coming off as the ex-girlfriend that enjoys making her former boyfriend's life a living hell with the needless destruction. Nick is coming off as completely helpless and that isn't entertaining.

I will be rolling my eyes hard if Juliette is "saved" this season, and the next season is all about her trying to make up for what she did this year.

• Love 5

Ugh...this show....

Sick of the Juliette storyline, done with Kenny Boy fed up with Adalind--well, fed up with how she's written (I actually tweeted the writers tonight asking why they are ignoring the fact that Renard could just as easily be the father), and it took me about 1 minute into the show to figure out who the killer was.  You know why I still watch this show?  Because I have no pride.  And, I need me some eye candy.  That's it.

I have defended Bitsie Tulloch in the past, saying that the faults in her character were due to the writing, not her acting.  That may have been the case in the past, but her scene with Rosalee in jail was just painful to watch on her end (Bree carried it off just fine).  I don't mean Juliette was hard to watch (she was, but that's not the point), but I had absolutely no clue where BT was coming from in her performance.  Just terrible.

I was also rather disappointed that this really didn't relate to the source material ("Iron Hans" by the Brothers Grimm) at all.  The only thing the original tale and this story had in common is that people go into the woods.  Considering that people go into the woods in EVERY SINGLE Grimm tale and, well, every day in Oregon, I'm not sure why they even bothered to try to make a connection at all.  I mean, the opening quote wasn't even from Iron Hans.

Finally, next week just looks HORRIBLE.  Are these people trying to sink their own show?

There was one good thing (besides the one line I cited in the best lines thread): that gawdawful dream scene Adalind had of telling Nick he was going to be a father apparently ended up on the cutting room floor.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 4

I'm in mourning over the Grimmebago.  While, yeah, it was evil of Hexenvet to do that, she was probably egged on by Prince Kenny.  Now that Nick doesn't have the Grimmebago, Mom's gonna have to come save his ass (so Kenny thinks) and then Kenny Royals & The First Henchmen can re-kidnap Diana.  What an idiotic show.  I'm hanging around just for Monroe/Rosalee.

• Love 2

I'm really starting to believe that Hexenbiest is just another word for stupid.  I also wondered what it is about jail where the all powerful Juliette couldn't walk out if she wanted to.  Adelind didn't have the power to walk out either.  She got bailed out just in time to go get pregnant with a very vulnerable Renard's baby.  Was that her second or third rape?  It is now hard to believe she doesn't have a third baby with Hank.  Adelind is a hapless villain.  Every scheme she tries totally backfires.  I have to admit, my hate for Juliette made me almost like Adelind in this episode.

Why the trailer was burning I kept thinking just burn up in the fire, Juliette.   

I did like the exchange with Nick in Renard's office when Adelind showed up.

Between the murder investigations, I feel like I'm watching a soap opera.  

Does anyone know if "Iron Hans" is supposed to be a sort of cross between "Iron Man" and "Burning Man"?

Iron Hans is a German fairy tale. Robert Bly (name checked in this episode) wrote a book based on it called <i>Iron John</i> very tied into his men's movement stuff which the group in this episode was emulating (not to be confused with MRA nonsense, this was different).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_John

I was pleasantly surprised that Nick and company were too late to save the hiker, but he defended himself anyway. Having her die was a little too pat though. I would have liked to see her live and all the fallout, how they could have made a case, etc. 

I guess I feel differently about Juliette than most. If you accept that she is not in her right mind, then she's not responsible for her actions, however heinous. If there's a treatment that let's her live a normal life again, then that's the end of it. Maybe that is a little too "insanity defense" for some people, but that's how it looks to me. I do wish they had gone a different way with it, and had her be a hexenbiest but still Juliette just trying to deal with it, but they seem to me with all this crazy, vindictive stuff to be portraying this as a type of mental illness.

The trailer will be a loss; we'll see if they stick to that or if Nick gets mom's library or something. Ironically, Wu could be the go to guy for a while since he seemed to have spent more time there just plain studying than Nick ever did.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 3

I dunno if the show writers pay attention to what they're writing.  To me it seems that they're trying to hammer home these points:

-hexenbeist by nature are bitchy, impulsive women that like power.

-we should feel sympathetic for Adalind because Nick's mom killed her mom who was sleeping with Renard and her.

-Adalind is a hexenbeist, therefore she hasn't been a crap human but a natural hexenbeist we should feel sorry for.

-all hexenbeist (except mommy) want Renard.

-someone is going to take another toke out of the dope hat.

Now, I'm all for powerful mom's (Nick and Renard's) battling it out for an unexplained half royal/zauberbeist/hexenbeist baby, but they still haven't resolved the coin storyline.  Someone pointed out the keys earlier, but seriously?  Nick's mom is running around with coins that caused all of WWII that she's been meaning to destroy forever and can possess the owner.  Let's just forget that though and make her the guardian of the purple eyed special baby that everyone wants.

Am I the only one that thinks that the series writers sound like people who read fan--fiction on their own series and just ran with it?

• Love 4

I have to admit, my hate for Juliette made me almost like Adelind in this episode.

I felt the same way, and I kept having to remind myself how horrible Adalind is so I didn't get sucked into the illusion.

But seriously, Juliette has gone so far that I can't image ever liking her at all anymore.  I keep thinking back to the scene where she revealed her "side effect" to Nick.  She insisted that she loved him but that she was afraid he would hurt her.  And now, ever since then, she has laughed in his face whenever he said he loved her and still wanted to make it work and blamed him for what happened and for not instantly wanting to kiss her woged visage.  It sure didn't take long for her to go from tearful victim to vengeful witch.

I guess I feel differently about Juliette than most. If you accept that she is not in her right mind, then she's not responsible for her actions, however heinous. If there's a treatment that let's her live a normal life again, then that's the end of it. Maybe that is a little too "insanity defense" for some people, but that's how it looks to me. I do wish they had gone a different way with it, and had her be a hexenbiest but still Juliette just trying to deal with it, but they seem to me with all this crazy, vindictive stuff to be portraying this as a type of mental illness.

The trailer will be a loss; we'll see if they stick to that or if Nick gets mom's library or something. Ironically, Wu could be the go to guy for a while since he seemed to have spent more time there just plain studying than Nick ever did.

I feel it's too "insanity defense" but it depends on how they are trying to play it and if the writers ever really spell it out.  Adalind and the few other Hexies we've seen don't seem to be given any benefit of the doubt by the other characters on the show.  Any evil deeds they do seem to be performed under their own volition.  Granted, Juliette's situation is quite different since she was a plain human that has quite suddenly become a "made" Hexie, but still - up until now there's never been any indication that Hexies can't control themselves.  I have a feeling that IS what the writers are going for - all "made" Hexies lose their minds and Juliette is actually a complete innocent even though she just killed the Grimmebago, which is an ACT OF TREASON but never mind because it's totally not her fault.  Well, I'm not buying it, writers!!

They've made a big point of having Wu carry around that tablet gadget lately.  Maybe he used it to catalog everything in the Grimmebago.  Still, they would have lost all the weapons and the stuff like that frog poison or whatever it was that they used to pierce Nick's ear.  That was a good one!  Did Theresa have any stuff?  What about the stuff that Josh's father had?  Where did they put it?

I too was surprised that the woman's final would-be victim defended himself before the police could get there.  I was all set for him to be saved by Nick just in the "nick" of time!

• Love 3

I have been bored with the "Caroline has become evil" plot on The Vampire Diaries, & I am just as bored with the "Juliette has become evil" plot on this show. They just destroyed Nick's entire Grimm background in one stupid idea, so now we have no more research, no more Wu learning new stuff, no more scenes in the RV. But lucky us, we do have the "Adalind is pregnant" story. Again. Stupid show.

The only good thing? “Well, as long as we’re digging up the past, we might as well dig up your mother” Thank you Renard.

• Love 5

I do wish they had gone a different way with it, and had her be a hexenbiest but still Juliette just trying to deal with it, but they seem to me with all this crazy, vindictive stuff to be portraying this as a type of mental illness.

Making Juliette into a Hexenbeiste ally made sense and was full of potential conflict and was a real problem with no easy solutions but by taking her from scared and afraid to vengeful and drunk with power - pretty much within a space of thirty seconds after she confessed the truth to Nick - they have to end this storyline.  It's a waste really.

I don't have any issues with the character pre her current crazy and I still don't have any problems with the actress but the writers have sent Juliette in what feels like a direction she can't come back from.   Is it possible they intend to kill her off?  To make the whole viewership hate her so much that we cheer when she dies?  (They pulled that off very nicely on The 100 this year)

I used to assume they'd fix or come to terms with her Hexenbeiste identity crisis and then there would be some kind of weird switcheroo with the baby or the child would be revealed as genetically Nick and Juliette's and maybe even some even weirder body swapping stuff with the pregnancy (Juliette did think she had symptoms and did briefly see through Adalind's eyes - I kind of still wonder if something more between them is coming)  but now if feels like even if they suppress her Hexenbeist, she's still at her core this horrid awful person that likes to kill things. 

If the intent was to show that being a Hexenbeist has made Juliette insane, they haven't succeeded. The story that seems to be told is that once she accepted she couldn't change, she said screw it, I'm evil.  She isn't acting like herself but beyond that, the show hasn't offered us a reason why she would go insane if she was a hexenbeist.  And between the trailer (that left me slackjawed and shocked) and what we see in the preview what hope is left for her redemption?   

Am I the only one that thinks that the series writers sound like people who read fan--fiction on their own series and just ran with it?

The line between a series writer and a fan fic writer is a thin one, often filled only with a paycheck, not brains or ability. 

• Love 1

Between the murder investigations, I feel like I'm watching a soap opera.

So very, very soapy.  Exhibit A:  Adalind and the pregnancy reveal via opening her coat x 2.  Really, just use your words Adalind.  So cheesy.

• Love 5

I'm on the edge of giving up this show. I haven't been able to enjoy/pay attention to the last several episodes. I think the last time the show engaged me was when Wu found out - that's 3 months ago! Next week is going to be make or break for me.

• Love 5

The Trailer :(.... I probably wasn't the only one thinking what did those old books do to you.

I Hate Juliette and not in the good way. I seriously want her dead. She better die at the end of the season!

Anyhow, I surprisingly like the scenes with Adalind and her being pregnant. I like Renard's "who is the father now". And Rosalee's reaction lol. Actually Wu and Hank's as well, even though they didn't say anything. It definitely would be an office conversation.

As for the case, it was okay. Very predictable. Those the plus was seeing Frank!

Basically all I can think now is how dare they destroy the trailer :(.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 2

I hate Adalind, but at least she is fun to hate. Juliette on the other hand can just STFU and go away. Maybe that is the writers intention, or may e it shoes you who is a better actress. If I was Nick I would have shot her ass already. We can still hope on the shooting part.

Edited by Texasmom1970
  • Love 4
The only good thing? “Well, as long as we’re digging up the past, we might as well dig up your mother” Thank you Renard.

Renard had two LOL lines this episode. The other was, "could this get any more complicated?" or words to that effect.

How many times have people here suggested that Nick archive all of his Grimm stuff on his computer? With all their reliance on cell phone and computers, the Scooby gang never give two thoughts to wading through those dusty old tomes, which are now literally dust. Now it's too late, unless Wu has done it on his own, which is possible. 

Was I the only one who, when Renard drank that glass of water, expected the water to come spouting out of those magically reappearing bullet holes, like in a cartoon? Just me then. 

Yeah..I'm afraid Bitsie Tulloch really isn't a good actress. This is a part that a different actress could just hit out of the park, but Bitsie..not so much. David G, on the other hand does very well playing all of the conflicting emotions that Nick must be going through. IMO.

Despite its soapiness, and almost ludicrous plot developments, i'm still enjoying this show. Maybe I'm just easy to please. 

• Love 1

Was I the only one who, when Renard drank that glass of water, expected the water to come spouting out of those magically reappearing bullet holes, like in a cartoon? Just me then.

I started thinking about how our family had one glass like that - round at the top, square on the bottom - and how much I loved it and it was "my" glass - no one else would use it.  My parents indulged me in silly things like that.  But I never did get a pony.

A part of me can't help but wonder if the show is responding to all the hatred against Juliette by building her up to be bad enough to kill. Burning down the trailer was kind of the last straw for her. Even people who defended her are probably ready for her to die now. On the other hand I have a hard time believing they'd have the guts to actually kill her, and since they've introduced this plot point about Adalind knowing a way to suppress her Hexenbiest powers, that seems more likely where they'll go. Plus I don't relish the thought of Nick going all angsty over Juliette's death like Buffy after she killed Angel.

I knew it was the daughter who was the killer as soon as we saw her.

• Love 1

I am not over the Grimmabago going up in flames. That was one of the coolest parts of the show - the old books, the weapons, the whole atmosphere of it. It made Nick and Grimms in general seem more BAMF. And yeah, are the keys in there?
I was also a Juliette/Bitsie's acting defender, but no more. She doesn't have the chops to carry this off.

• Love 3

The problem I have with Juliette being crazy on Hexie juice is exactly the point that has been made. Everything she's said and done mean NOTHING, because she's not herself. So no matter what she says or despicable thing she does, it can be hand-waved away with, "She's not herself.." This, to me, is a HUGE cop-out. Because they will take an eraser and blame it all on magic, thus giving them an out for taking a character so far over the line, she can't possibly go back and turning her back into the bland girl she was before.

If anyone has seen Sleepy Hollow and watched the same thing play out there, and their solution, you'll know why I'm so pissed off at Grimm taking the cheap way out.

This feels like the last episodes of SH S2 with a hated character turning dark.

Yeah, it's a cop out if they try to redeem her for this bs.  it doesn't help that everyone has been bending over backwards trying to support and help her and she turns on them.  This was just an excuse for more tired soap opera cliches and yet another pregnancy.

• Love 1

So, again I was only able to catch the second part of this episode but I totally got the Nick, Adalind, new baby, storyline, and shame on Juliette on burning the Grimm Trailer down :( , but can anyone please explain to me the Wesen of the week storyline? I just didn't get if they were Wesens or just humans who knew about Wesens that wanted to emulate them?

I am not over the Grimmabago going up in flames. That was one of the coolest parts of the show - the old books, the weapons, the whole atmosphere of it. It made Nick and Grimms in general seem more BAMF. And yeah, are the keys in there?

I feel that my faith in this show went up in flames with the trailer, I'm not sure I'll get it back.

So, again I was only able to catch the second part of this episode but I totally got the Nick, Adalind, new baby, storyline, and shame on Juliette on burning the Grimm Trailer down :( , but can anyone please explain to me the Wesen of the week storyline? I just didn't get if they were Wesens or just humans who knew about Wesens that wanted to emulate them?

They were wesen and their children trying to learn to connect to their history and learn about growing up. As someone said in the show it was similar to boy scots in a way.

• Love 3

The metal weapons should be fine, right?  right?  (nervously hoping)  Maybe a rain storm will start and put the fire out early and some stuff will be fine.  Or the stuff enclosed in other stuff won't be so damaged - there are trunks and cabinets.  (still stupidly hoping)

• Love 6

YESSSS to those of you who are hoping that Wu has electronically archived all of the Wesen encyclopedias in the trailer.  He has been very studious and eager to learn about that realm.  That's just what I told the Mr. last night.  Hopefully, there will be another Grimm trailer somewhere with like weapons.  Looking forward to Trubel coming in to help save the day.  I've said before that there was a reason casting picked her out of all the college drama students they auditioned.  She looks too much like Nick to not be a relative.

• Love 4

I was also a Juliette/Bitsie's acting defender, but no more. She doesn't have the chops to carry this off.

I've been her defender in the past as well but, as I said upthread, her scene with Rosalee was absolutely painful to watch--and not because of the writing or the character..

I will give her the benefit of the doubt for a teensy-weensy bit longer and hope that when Juliette drops the angst and is just evil, BT will be able to pull it off.  A villain like they are trying to create with Juliette will probably be and needs only to be one-dimensional and 1D evil is really not that hard to pull off.

But, as I said, just a teensy-weensy bit longer.  Even my patience has its limits.

The metal weapons should be fine, right?  right?  (nervously hoping)  Maybe a rain storm will start and put the fire out early and some stuff will be fine.  Or the stuff enclosed in other stuff won't be so damaged - there are trunks and cabinets.  (still stupidly hoping)

Well, hopefully, Nick and Co can get there in time to salvage something, or else Wu may have to get out his straight jacket for a while.  Unfortunately, I see no way the Super Soaker can survive the fire.  Sigh..

• Love 2

Was it Frank Lapidus' son who said he had heard about Monroe?  I wondered if that meant his intermarriage and the whole Wesenrein horror, or his being friends with a Grimm.  Either way (or both) I think it's foreshadowing that Monroe still has a target on his back.  Kind of funny how Monroe steadfastly refused to say his last name (or is Monroe his last name?).  And I liked how he let the guy know he was not interested in his opinion of Nick and his friendship.

• Love 1

I feel that my faith in this show went up in flames with the trailer, I'm not sure I'll get it back.

They were wesen and their children trying to learn to connect to their history and learn about growing up. As someone said in the show it was similar to boy scots in a way.

Thank you!

The fact that so many posters have a strong reaction to BT's character, both good and bad, demonstrates what a fine actor she is IMO.

It's not a strong reaction to the character. It's a strong reaction to what the writers are making the character do. Setting the Grimmebago on fire does not take a whole lot of acting chops, and that's what people are most angry about.

And the day I call Bitsie Tulloch a fine actor is the day I call Pauly Shore's movies Oscar-worthy.

What people are saying is that giving her more to do made them realize it's not the writing but her acting that's the real problem. Even people who liked her acting are saying that, so the analogy seems...not accurate.

Another thing...there are different ways to not like someone in a show, and some of those ways are actually good things.  Examples:

Season 1, part of season 2 Adalind - I didn't like her in that I wanted her to be foiled by Nick.  I wanted to see her fail, but I got a kick out of her all he same. I wanted to see what she was up to because it actually had to do with the plot lines of the main character.  I wanted to see her face off against Nick because I wanted to see her lose to Nick after a good match.  Even though I didn't like her, I didn't dread seeing her on the screen.

Late Season 3, Season 4 Adalind - I didn't like her because I felt her character was pointless to the rest of the show.  She was having her own little drama and it was just tiresome and I began to resent her time on screen because I really felt (and feel) that it takes away from what the show is supposed to be about.

Hexen-Juliette - Here we have a badly constructed and badly performed (so far) character.  Look back at all the comments. What are people saying?  They are saying that she doesn't make sense, they are scratching their heads about her actions, and they are tired of her.  She's also creating storylines that people do.not.like.  Was anyone here cheering when she set fire to the trailer?  No.  I'll be honest--I'm not completely ready to write her off.  I think if the writers simplify her--make her just plain evil and one-dimensional, she might work in sort of the same way the first Adalind listed here worked (although Claire Coffee always has a bit of humor about her that I don't think BT has).  But, I'm not sure the writers will be able to do that.

As for the acting, in Adalind's case I blame the writers completely. I think Claire Coffee is a very good actress and deserves better than what she has been given.  For Bitsie, I think she might have the ability to be better than she has been in Grimm. I'm actually thinking of checking out some of her other roles to see, but here she just isn't delivering.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 6

Well, holy shit. I did not see Juliette burning the Grimm trailer to the ground.  Damn. That was legit jaw dropping for me. 

It reminded me of them blowing up Angel's HQ in s1 before moving to the hotel. It may not be means to end the show but possibly to find out there is another treasure trove of even more Grimm stuff elsewhere. 

Edited by catrox14

I knew Nick's trailer was going to get ransacked eventually, it was inevitable, but I never expected it to get burned to the ground.  That place was the holy grail of wesen lore!  I would have hoped that he had taken the time to archive a lot of those books in computer files, take photos of the pages at least, but I guess not.  But the specialized weapons and alchemy stuff is gone for good.  What a tragic loss, and all thanks to Juliette.

• Love 2