Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Iron Hans

I knew Nick's trailer was going to get ransacked eventually, it was inevitable, but I never expected it to get burned to the ground.  That place was the holy grail of wesen lore!  I would have hoped that he had taken the time to archive a lot of those books in computer files, take photos of the pages at least, but I guess not.  But the specialized weapons and alchemy stuff is gone for good.  What a tragic loss, and all thanks to Juliette.

I kind of hope a Siegeborst comes to town and goes after Juliette.  This she'd regret destroying the only Siegeborst gift outside of Romania?

• Love 1

My God….not the Trailer!!!  The Trailer was a character in and of itself! 

I wasn't a fan of the Hexeniette story line when they introduced it, but I was interested in seeing where they went with it, but once Juliette started becoming bitchy and drunk on her power, I was over it, completely!  I used to like Juliette, and even though I did find her a bit annoying in season 2, I never hated her.  I don't care if they decide to go with the "insanity defense", I'm quite sure that any good will I had towards her is forever gone. 

My good will toward this show is quickly dwindling too.  I'll see the season out, but I can only hate-watch a show for so long before I drop it.  I hope they can do something right quick to turn this around because this used to be one of my favorite shows. 

• Love 4

They may be in the drawer of his work desk, along with lonely sticks of gum, for all the attention he's given them in the past. (That's where he hid his one key when Nick knew Renard was actively looking for the Key!)

I thought about that- but the last time I remember seeing Nick with the key (& I could be wrong) is when he was in the trailer. He put a piece of paper over the maps on the keys & traced them. Maybe he has the paper.... I don't know.

• Love 1

I believe those keys are at the station in a drawer, along with sticks of gum. Not locked up. Because Nick doesn't believe in protecting his valuable sh*t.

Actually, they are hidden somewhere in the Spice Shop.  He gave them to Rosalee to protect and she put them--under a floorboard?  Something like that...  It happened in Season 3.  If I remember correctly, she was alone in the Spice Shop when she hid them, so Nick does not know where they are and, unless Rosalee told Juliette at some point (which, even when they were BFF's, there would have been no reason for her to do so), Juliette wouldn't know where they are either.

But, it doesn't matter.  Everyone seems to have forgotten that the keys even exist....

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 3

It seems unbelievable to me that after all of this time, Juliette is the very first person to try and burn all of the books.

None of the other Grimms who owned these items before Nick ever had any friends, I guess!  LOL!  I could definitely see Aunt Marie and Kelly not really letting anyone close enough to them to know where their secret stash was located, but yeah surely some other Grimm in the past has been betrayed by someone he/she trusted.

Nick has moved the trailer once but he should TOTALLY have moved it again once Juliette went off the deep end.  OTOH I guess I can see him having a blind spot in regard to her.

• Love 3

Noooooo, not the trailer!

I'm one of the people who liked Juliette in the past, but what I liked was Nick having a nice, supportive girlfriend who while understandably freaked out by the craziness seemed to be doing her best to support him.  At this point, I can't see a better resolution for the current situation than for Juliette to die, which annoys me - I totally blame the writers in this case, I don't think even the greatest actress in the world could make sense of her character arc at this point.  As others have pointed out, if they keep her alive the writers will have to either turn her into a full time villain or more likely the spell to suppress the hexenbeist will work out, we'll get a couple episodes where she broods about what she did while evil, then it will be forgotten and never spoken of again, sort of like when Nick became a zombie.  I don't know any fans who will enjoy the second option, and they already have a full time hexenbeist villain in Adalind.  At least if Juliette gets killed off we would get some interesting guilty grief acting from Nick and company, and seeing Nick trying to deal with all his problems without a support system at home.

I was amused when Adalind heard about Juliette getting in a bar fight and said something like "who hasn't."  I guess that means going manic evil is common in new hexenbeists?  It would have helped if the show had bothered to explain if Juliette's crazy evilness was a common for all new hexenbeists, a result of how she came into power or something else, because we've seen several other hexenbeists by now, and I don't recall Adalind's or Renard's mothers starting bar fights.

• Love 3

My computer is acting up so I hope this works.  Anyway, wow,the trailer that always  looked like a toaster to me actually became a toaster.  Not good.  I almost cried.  As for Juliette, well I never liked her and this is just the icing on the cake.  I figured out the moment I took a dislike to her and the reason why.  It was when she refused Nick's marriage proposal.  There was just no emotion in the refusal, it was just flat and without depth.  Nick looked devastated and she looked unmoved.I did enjoy Adeline's moments, she had several that had me laughing.   One of the reasons I would like her to be less "evil" and more gray is that she could then interact with the rest of the cast on a more regular basis that would make me happy.  She really does bring the subtle humor, or the outright overt humor when neessary.

• Love 3

Am I the only one that thinks that the series writers sound like people who read fan--fiction on their own series and just ran with it?

Please, I read a lot of fanfiction, not Grimm but other fandoms, and a lot of it is much better written than Grimm has been for the past two seasons. Still, I'm hanging in. Sleepy Hollow redeemed itself with their finale so I have hopes for Grimm.

• Love 2

It has taken me at least this long to quell my rage at Juliette destroying the precious Grimmabago and everything in it that was one-of-a-kind and priceless and irreplaceable.  My problem is I can't figure out who I'm mad at -- the Grimm idiot Nick who left the trailer where it was despite knowing how changed Juliette was and how at-risk that made everything Grimm, the writers of this damn crap who are so in love with their Hexenbiest creation that they're letting her run amok as if she were still a member of the trusted inner circle, or Bitsie for being so intent on wanting to be a bad ass.  

The WOTW was weak.  And, yeah, it was pretty easy to figure out that it was the overlooked girl who was the criminal.  And I didn't see anything in the sites or shots that I recognized this week.  

• Love 4

Nick might have trouble harming Juliette but Trubel or his mother won't. I don't blame Nick for being hesitant to kill her until she became a Wesen he wanted to marry her. I'm sure cops in real life wouldn't want to shoot someone they loved. I think they have to kill Juliette off she won't have any friends left and she put lives of innocent people at risk by burning the trailer. To invoke TV Tropes Juliette crossed the Moral Event Horizon and she can't go back.

• Love 7

I will bet you everything I own, they don't have the guts.

That they showed in the preview for next week Nick holding a gun on Juilette with his hand all shaky (PUH-lease. He's a cop, for heaven's sake!), then you can guarantee he will not shoot her. Or if he does, it will either be wild or in a place where she won't die. But I cannot imagine in any universe Grimm doing what SH did. It's the same scenario, but they will not go through with it. Nope.

Actually, I think he was holding his gun on Monroe, due to Juliette's mind control.

Nick might have trouble harming Juliette but Trubel or his mother won't. I don't blame Nick for being hesitant to kill her until she became a Wesen he wanted to marry her. I'm sure cops in real life wouldn't want to shoot someone they loved. I think they have to kill Juliette off she won't have any friends left and she put lives of innocent people at risk by burning the trailer. To invoke TV Tropes Juliette crossed the Moral Event Horizon and she can't go back.

Oh, I think Trubel might have some trouble (hee hee) with it.  She was very close to Juliette and, even though she had a hard life and a tough as nails exterior, Trubel was still rather naive and trusting.

But yeah...Kelly...she wouldn't bat an eyelash.

• Love 2

Nope, still pissed.....watched it late last night and that trailer burning was just so wrong. Not just the books but the weapons and family history. I'd accept any excuse, any ret-con even a spell that reverses time if the writers can come up with a way to get that trailer back. They don't have to bother getting Juliette back - I like the trailer more

• Love 13

Nope, still pissed.....watched it late last night and that trailer burning was just so wrong. Not just the books but the weapons and family history. I'd accept any excuse, any ret-con even a spell that reverses time if the writers can come up with a way to get that trailer back. They don't have to bother getting Juliette back - I like the trailer more

I'm sorry, but a Like just isn't enough to quote and bellow and yell this as loud as I can for as long as I can.  I'm so pissed off about the destruction of that trailer I can't see straight.  

• Love 1

I hate Adalind, but at least she is fun to hate. 

This! She is a worthy, and somewhat comical opponent. (though they've been leaning more toward comical lately).

OtterMommy TOTALLY agree. The difference between a character people love to hate and a character people want to die in a fire (literally) are two very different things. You don't wish character death on the ones that are cool and bad-ass. You want them to stick around, because they are worthy foils for the good guys. 

The other problem with this story line is that Nick is coming from a place of total passivity. He's reacting rather than acting. Going along, doing his job, pretending nothing is wrong. At least Rosalee and Monroe were actively trying to remedy the situation. And it's all because he keeps giving Juliette the benefit of the doubt. If Juliette burning down the Grimmebago will FINALLY make Nick DO SOMETHING, then at least one good thing will come out of it. 

This is part of what makes the story line so tedious - Nick arguably has the most at stake (other than Juliette) in the situation, but he's done nothing, except not pay her bail. Whoa, strong stance there. He shows not even the slightest caution (moving the trailer). It's maddening.

As for the perp of the week, that speech she made just made me roll my eyes. "It was your fault Daddy, you neglected me."  It would only have taken a line or two, and some direction to look unhappy/wistful etc., to show that she was feeling left out, and intrigued by "the old ways." Instead, her death scene just fell flat for me.

• Love 3

It doesn't go well to begin with, when the first thing I thought when I saw the girl, was she's the killer.  The other thing is, how many freaking hitchhikers are on that road? Seemed liked she was killing regularly, and they were in a kind of remote spot.  

I guess Nick is no Bobby Singer who's OCD propelled him to make three of four copies of all of his books.  Even so, Nick can't replace the weapons.  Which I now realize was kind of underutilized feature.  In season 1, I think, he had to kill an ogre with some sort of specialized Grimm weapon.  They didn't  go back to the trailer for weapons much more after that.  Nothing of significance that I can recall anyway.  I don't watch the reruns, so I haven't seen the episodes since they originally aired.  

Other than the writers not thinking ahead and kind of making stuff up as they go along, they do seem to drop things.  I was glad they never pursued the Zombie Nick story - with people trying to identify him after he attacked the town.  But yeah.  Keys?  What keys?  You mean we were supposed to write stories about finding seven keys?  The map probably leads to Snow White and the Seven Dwarf's house.  

I think we do have a kind of downgraded Nick.  I don't think he is the same Grimm who sent back Wesen heads back in boxes just to send a message.  I don't even think we have anyone really sinister right now - who Nick would want to mail heads to.  We have punk ass royal, Kenneth as the bad guy... and Juliette.  Riveting TV.  

• Love 4

I feel that my faith in this show went up in flames with the trailer, I'm not sure I'll get it back.

Along with any storylines/answers that the writers left dangling for 4 seasons but oh well, Juliette's pointless melodrama is more important than any of those potential myth arcs.

• Love 3

I don't often post to the Grimm boards wanted to put in my 2 cents. I've always been somewhat indifferent to Juliette but never really minded her character. There's been some awful writing for her but this season & particularly this episode takes the cake. My jaw dropped when she set the trailer on fire & then called Nick to taunt him about it. I don't see much redemption for her at this point; I'm all for her being killed off. If Nick knew about her intimacy with Renard I doubt he would still care so much; I wonder when that will come out?

Edited by DeeDee79

So....that episode happened.

And to think, all Maggie really needed to do was start some kind of Wessen girl scouts! 

The Good:

Lots of Monroe! 

I always like seeing good Wessen, who are just living their lives

Rosalie`s reaction to seeing Adalind pregnant again.

Renard`s reaction was even better. He was on fire with the lines tonight! "That`s NOT mine" "If we`re digging up the past, we might as well dig up tour mother"

I still really like Wu being in the know. 

The Bad:

The mystery was really easy to solve, like most people, I figured it was the daughter right away. I didn't feel very bad for her either. You try to kill random people, this is the kind of thing that happens! I felt really bad for the hiker though. 

Adalind is kind of a pointless character. I like her in small doses, but her constant pregnancies (ok only two, but its pretty much her whole character now) and nonsense loyalties have gotten repetitive.

Not the trailer! Anything but that! So much knowledge, Nicks whole heritage, destroyed just because of fucking Juliette. Speaking of...

What the hell is going in with Juliette? I really truly do not get it. I have long been a Juliette defender, who liked her and Nicks chill, easy going ways, but now? Where did she go? Who is this? Does being a Hexienbeast make me just a stupid, vengeful, asshole? How have they even survived as a species? I don't feel bad for her at all, because I don't see how being a Hexienbeast makes you automatically evil. Not just evil, but cruel to your loved ones, and completely out of control. Why is she so angry? Or is she losing it because of her powers? Why are they acting like this is Team Grim`s fault? Stealing Adalind`s baby was for the best. And being a Hexinbeast could have worked out alright, if it didn't apparently also turn you evil or something.

I just don't know why this happened. The writers have really lost their way lately. I`m still entertained enough to keep watching, but the whole Juliette/Adalind/baby/Hexinbeast thing brings the show to a grinding halt every time it appears. Which is all the time now.  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

I agree with the previous 82 replies.

Also, I don't know if Nick mentioned it to Juliette lately, but it may be worth reminding her that the one time he had sex with Adalind, he thought she was Juliette. A sexier Juliette than usual granted, but still Juliette. That ought to count for something.

Maybe Wu will pipe up next week with a "too bad about the weapons, especially that irreplaceable supersoaker, but good thing I managed to scan most of the documents in the trailer"! Whew, dodged a bullet eh guys? Guys?

Edited by fauntleroy
  • Love 3

I am hoping that the trailer could be salvage. Maybe Rosalee can have a restoration spell and/or we learn that Aunt Maria (or one of Nick's ancestors) placed some kind of protection spell on all of the items in that trailer (although, it will still be a shame that a Streamline Trailer was burned, but IMO, the loss won't be too hard me if we can somehow reverse the damage done by Juliette and/or salvage the old books and weapons). 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

This was refreshing. There are times when I've felt like giving up on the show, but then along comes an ep like this, where the wesen have an interesting emotional story going on, there are some funny lines, and the subplots are progressed. I have to admit, I fell for the red-herring, and suspected the son rather than the daughter. I liked the ep. Though I find myself saddened by the loss of the familiar trailer (and all those ancient books!!!), I like that they've finally been willing to make even a small change from the formula that the series had settled into. 

Anyway, the wesen dad/group leader was played by Jeff Fahey, an actor who I've always felt has not been given the attention he deserves. He often used to be cast as villains because he can put a half-crazed intensity into his striking blue eyes, but he also had a charming but short-lived series called The Marshal, in which he played a nice cop who prefered to talk his way out of problems rather than resort to fists or guns.

Okay, after watching this show for 4 seasons, I give up and have to ask: what is the hexenbiest makeup supposed to look like? A decaying corpse?

This was refreshing. There are times when I've felt like giving up on the show, but then along comes an ep like this, where the wesen have an interesting emotional story going on, there are some funny lines, and the subplots are progressed. I have to admit, I fell for the red-herring, and suspected the son rather than the daughter. I liked the ep. Though I find myself saddened by the loss of the familiar trailer (and all those ancient books!!!), I like that they've finally been willing to make even a small change from the formula that the series had settled into. 

Anyway, the wesen dad/group leader was played by Jeff Fahey, an actor who I've always felt has not been given the attention he deserves. He often used to be cast as villains because he can put a half-crazed intensity into his striking blue eyes, but he also had a charming but short-lived series called The Marshal, in which he played a nice cop who prefered to talk his way out of problems rather than resort to fists or guns.

Okay, after watching this show for 4 seasons, I give up and have to ask: what is the hexenbiest makeup supposed to look like? A decaying corpse?

I would guess that and also a traditional European witch look mixed into it (this would have to be my best guess). 

Edit:

Examples that I think they are trying to go with the Hexenbiest look:

Trying to mix these images of withces:

article-2051078-0E718A7600000578-206_468

wicked-witch-of-the-west-2.jpg

A-Visit-to-the-Witch.-Harrogate-England.

and mixing it with the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt:

Crypt-Keeper.jpg

Edited by TVSpectator

I think rotting corpse nails it, and maybe if Juliette keeps woging to emphasize how she's been done wrong (but likes it, too), maybe she will get stuck that way.  Did your mother tell you not to cross your eyes or they'd get stuck that way?  Mine did. 

• Love 4

I think rotting corpse nails it, and maybe if Juliette keeps woging to emphasize how she's been done wrong (but likes it, too), maybe she will get stuck that way.  Did your mother tell you not to cross your eyes or they'd get stuck that way?  Mine did. 

I wonder.. once a Hexenbiest (and their male counterparts) woges, do they also smell like a rotting corpse?

I love that Supernatural has become so iconic in the genre world that we are using it as the signpost of how best to handle Wesen.

Bobby would have like 10 back up Grimmebagos. John Winchester would have had Grimm weaponry in storage lockers in probably every state listed by code in his journal and it would never leave Dean or Sam's side. I never considered a Grimm/SPN crossover until this moment but YES PLEASE. 

On-topic....Trubel is going to have to be the one that takes down Juliette. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

Not watched the episode, but Juliette burned down the trailer? Hilarious!

I think Mama Grimm is going to be more pissed off about the whole thing. She talked about it rather lovingly, about how there was a lot of Grimm history in the trailer and how she and her sister grew up with it. Not sure how she is going to take her future daughter-in-law burning down a part of her past.

As for the trailer, I am not really going to miss it.  It’s another wasted opportunity on the show. They could have done so much with it but it was really rather useless. Season one was when they really explored the trailer, with Nick using the sonic weapon to take down the bat wesen, the elephant gun and Siegebarste’s gift for the Ogre and some of the cool weapons to take down the reapers (What happened to them by the way?). Then there were the old tapes for Hitler wesen. Other than these instances, Nick’s mom showed a few tricks with the cabinets and that’s about it.

All they do these days is go there to find about the wesen and then head to the spice shop for the solution. Like the keys and the resistance and everything else Grimm related, it’s become secondary to the whole Nick-Juliette soap opera drama. I rather think it’s fitting that Juliette burns it down. It’s been sacrificed on the altar of useless Juliette plot lines.

Like the trailer, I find Nick the Grimm to be rather pointless too. What does he do these days other than pine after his lost love? He identifies the wesen and that’s about it. Unless things have changed most recently, Hank can fight just as well as Nick, they both use guns and Rosalee comes up with a way to take down the bad guys.

On-topic....Trubel is going to have to be the one that takes down Juliette. 

Truble’s more of a Grimm than Nick at this point. Chopping off someone’s head? Old school Grimm!! And if she and mama Grimm team up, I think it would be great.

The solution seems to be rather simple at this point and I am not surprised Nick the idiot has not figured it out. Since Truble's Grimm blood has not been in Adalind, it's obviously going to work on Juliette. They kiss, Juliette bites Truble and ingests some Grimm blood and Voila! We are back to the annoying, snotty, self-righteous normal Juliette that every one loves.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 3

My work sched has precluded me from posting in a little while; I had to go back and catch up on a few episodes, but I always come here to read what's happening so I decided not to watch the most recent episode. Mr. Monkey decided not to watch any longer weeks ago and I'm finally done, too, I think.

I'm not sure much of anything could save this show for me unless they DO kill off Juliette, and Adalind and her uber fertile ovaries disappear FOREVER. I agree with most of you that Adalind is more fun to hate than Juliette, but I really just hate both of them and fervently wish for both of them to be gone yesterday.

This show had a real chance to be something special, even WITH the motw that Supernatural (Moose! Not Moose!) abandoned long ago. The fact that Nick and Hank were cops made motw a natural thing and they had such an opportunity with the group they had assembled: Nick, Hank, Monroe, Rosalee, Renard, and finally, at long last, Wu. I would have loved to see Trubel stay, and I could have used more Bud. Then they had to turn it into a soap opera about Adalind's multiple pregnancies and all the baby daddy drama and Juliette's angst and hatred, and oh to woge, or not to woge, that is the question, but one to which I no longer require an answer.

I think if I do continue to follow this at ALL, it will be through y'all here on the forums, whose posts I still enjoy so much even while my formerly beloved Grimm swirls slowly down the toilet.

Edited by PepperMonkey

Hee! I have never been able to cross my eyes, but whenever I was grumpy, my mother warned me that I'd "better wipe that look off your face before your face gets stuck like that!" I cannot seem to avoid stating once per episode how much I detest the Hexenbeist look.
  • Love 1

even WITH the motw that Supernatural (Moose! Not Moose!) abandoned long ago.

They never totally abandoned that concept and actually still use it. They just moved to mytharcs over seasons on top of the MoTW. Grimm is trying to do that but they just haven't figured out what mytharcs mattered. 

••There have been a few times I thought of Sam & Dean & how they'd react to not only some of the Wesen, but the Royals too. Adalind would've been dead a long time ago. I love those boys- but they're not always the sharpest machete's in the trunk. But even they know to MAKE COPIES!!

••I mentioned this above & I'll mention it again- I think the burning of the trailer is the beginning of the end of the show. I just don't know if it will end it next season, or if they'll drag it out to season 6. (I'm thinking next season will be it because the ratings are declining.) With the trailer gone & whatever happens with Juliette, where could they possibly go from there? Will Nick & Adalind raise their little Grimmbiest together? I have my doubts that the baby is really Nicks. If it is, it's another reason the show will be done. The Royals will want this baby too- maybe worse than Diana. Nick & Adalind will have to leave Portland & if that happens, I'll burn my DVD seasons.

The people who design the title card made a mistake; they put up "Grimm" when I think they meant to put up a "Juliette."   Really, when did this show stop being about the guy with the Grimm powers (you know the TITLE character) and all about the Days of Juliette's Lives?

Ugh, I just can't any more.  I might ride out the season but I am seriously considering removing my season pass for this show.

I wanted to slap everybody this episode - first, during the conversation with Rosalie, Monroe, and Nick I felt like slapping Rosalie when she said that "poor Juliette" was suffering the consequences of a decision that they made (hey, Rosalie, Juliette was part of the group that made that decision).

Second, I wanted to slap both Rosalie and Juliette during the jail house conversation.  Why was Juliette in the same outfit she was arrested in?  If she was in jail for several days (and she had to be otherwise Rosalie couldn't have visited her) why wasn't she processed and wearing a prison uniform?  I wanted Rosalie to grow a backbone and tell Juliette to own up to her own part in this mess.  I wanted to slap Juliette on general principle.  Bitise Tulloch's line reading was so flat I couldn't tell if Juliette was supposed to be ironic, arrogant, condensing, angry, or what; she was so vacant (more so than usual) during that scene.

Nick needs a good slap too; he's been so emo-mopey that I am waiting for him to whip out the guy liner and black nail polish and to grow his hair long so he can have it hang in his eyes.  I understand that you love Juliette and that you want to help, but grow a pair and tell Juliette off.  I thought you started last week when you refused to let her out of the jail cell, alas that didn't last long.

As an aside, I thought David Giuntoli was pretty effective in his scene when he learns he's the father of Adalind's baby; he's really grown as an actor.  Claire Coffee was quite good too (then again, I never had a problem with the actress, just the material she was given).  I think Nick and Adalind sizzle and I would not be opposed to benching Juliette for a season and have Nick and Adalind be reluctant partners on some cases (and there is that whole how to raise the baby thing though my greatest fear is that the writers will somehow make the baby Juliette's and she and Nick will be a "happy family" after he spends an entire season apologizing to her for everything).

Juliette needs to be slapped upside the head with a two-by-four; there was nothing I liked about her this episode (then again, that's not news since I've had issues with this character for at least two seasons).  If she is going to "embrace" her powers, then for goodness sake, "embrace" them and be done with it.  Stop blaming others, YOU made the decision to stay with Nick after he told you about being a Grimm; you stayed after you were put into a magically induced coma by Adalind; you stayed when assorted Wesen threatened you and Nick; you stayed when Adalind tricked Nick into sleeping with her (while blaming Nick); and you willing offered to participate in the ritual to re-Grimm Nick.

Why does Juliette keeping throwing up Nick sleeping with Adalind (which by the way, he was TRICKED into as Adalind was wearing a Juliette suit at the time) yet she slept with/is sleeping with Sean?

I don't understand where/why the powers-that-be get the idea that Juliette is a bad-ass.  She's not, unless being a bad-ass means calling another woman a bitch every time you see her or zapping cockroaches with your newly found powers - because Juliette is not a bad-ass in any way, shape or form.  She's a annoying, bratty, selfish, vindictive woman with a passive-aggressive streak that feeds into her persecution complex. 

There is nothing Juliette and the writers can do to ever make me like her again or forgive her, especially after burning the trailer.  That's a line/action that she can never come back from.

After the conversation with Royal who's name I cannot be bothered to remember,

I fear that the shocking twist will be Kelly's death

Even though I pegged the daughter as the murderer right away, I did like the other Wesen.  I like that we got to see a group of Wesen trying to help each other (and their children) navigate their Wesen side with the non-Wesen world.  

What in the world is going on with Renard?

Unfortunately, there was so much stupid Juliette crap this episode that I hate the episode.

• Love 6

I will be rolling my eyes hard if Juliette is "saved" this season, and the next season is all about her trying to make up for what she did this year.

I fear that's where the writers are going since we are stuck with Bitsie Tulloch for awhile.  Worse, I think there will be some weird convoluted explanation since Adalind got pregnant while pretending to be Juliette that the baby really is Juliette's after all .... and then we're stuck with baby drama AND Juliette trying to make up for all she's done this season AND Nick reassuring Juliette that none if it is her fault, it's all Nick's fault ..... and that is enough to make me give up on the show forever. 

• Love 2

••There have been a few times I thought of Sam & Dean & how they'd react to not only some of the Wesen, but the Royals too. Adalind would've been dead a long time ago. I love those boys- but they're not always the sharpest machete's in the trunk. But even they know to MAKE COPIES!!

••I mentioned this above & I'll mention it again- I think the burning of the trailer is the beginning of the end of the show. I just don't know if it will end it next season, or if they'll drag it out to season 6. (I'm thinking next season will be it because the ratings are declining.) With the trailer gone & whatever happens with Juliette, where could they possibly go from there? Will Nick & Adalind raise their little Grimmbiest together? I have my doubts that the baby is really Nicks. If it is, it's another reason the show will be done. The Royals will want this baby too- maybe worse than Diana. Nick & Adalind will have to leave Portland & if that happens, I'll burn my DVD seasons.

I do think there is a good chance that season 5 will be it.  However, NBC doesn't really have anything to back it up so they may be more lenient with their shows.  Plus, the outcry on how Grimm is going right now is pretty loud, so it is possible (albeit unlikely) that they get their crap together and get back on track in season 5.  We'll just have to see....

I also think there might be chance that it comes out that this baby is not Nicks.  Maybe I'm just hoping because, really, that whole plot is a gigantic pile of stinking poo.  I don't think Nick and Adalind, or at least Nick, will ever leave Portland, though.  TPTB have made it quite clear on several occasions that the show will not be moving.

• Love 1

Why was Juliette in the same outfit she was arrested in?  If she was in jail for several days (and she had to be otherwise Rosalie couldn't have visited her) why wasn't she processed and wearing a prison uniform?

Sadly, I know the answer to this question.

Even sadder is the actual answer.  Apparently, when BT first wore that blue coat back in S2, there was apparently a big response from some female fans about where they could get the coat (J. Crew, by the way).  Since then, the costume department has brought it out whenever they could.  Apparently now, they never have her take it off.  It might be the only likable thing about Juliette at this point.

Sadly, I know the answer to this question.

Even sadder is the actual answer.  Apparently, when BT first wore that blue coat back in S2, there was apparently a big response from some female fans about where they could get the coat (J. Crew, by the way).  Since then, the costume department has brought it out whenever they could.  Apparently now, they never have her take it off.  It might be the only likable thing about Juliette at this point.

Okay, so I get why Juliette wore that coat when she left the jail house (and it makes sense) - but that still doesn't explain why she was wearing the same blouse and trousers she wore to the bar when Rosalie came to visit her.  Also, when she was visiting annoying Royal (Kenneth I think) she had a a different outfit - 

Okay, so I get why Juliette wore that coat when she left the jail house (and it makes sense) - but that still doesn't explain why she was wearing the same blouse and trousers she wore to the bar when Rosalie came to visit her.  Also, when she was visiting annoying Royal (Kenneth I think) she had a a different outfit - 

I know, it makes no sense. But, what in this show makes sense?  

If we want to dig into this farther, how did she change clothes before she went to see Kenneth?  If the scene she had with Renard actually happened (and, who knows,  It could have happened, or it could have been one of Renard's hallucinations), then she gave his key back to him.

You were not the only person wondering about this   It is just one more sign of something that angers me beyond words with shows (movies, books, etc).  It's when the writers/creators think that their audience is made up of idiots.  Just by the nature of this show, I have to be a bit lenient on this, but this past season, they have really pushed it over the edge for me.

• Love 3

I just feel like the writers watched way too much Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and are taking too many cues from it. Chosen One has sex with significant other, sig other turns evil. Everyone in the "gang" must know that the Chosen One is chosen, and what that entails. There must be a love triangle of sorts with another evil being. Everyone in the gang must have a power of some sort (I expect to see Hank and Wu get Wesenized at some point soon) to help the Chosen One with their burden, and so on and so forth. Juliette=Angelus is just not working for me because at least Angel didn't act like a spoiled brat--they should have either made her well and fully evil so we could feel justified in hating her, or not gone down this path, because right now I just hate her for whining and hurting everyone's feelings, and that's no fun.

Quite frankly, I’m shipping Adalind and Nick. Have been from the beginning. There is so much sexual tension there, but probably not as much as it feels like because it’s running up against Nick and Juliette’s nonexistent sexual tension.

(However, I have hated Juliette from the beginning, too.)

Yeah, I believe Adalind’s telling the truth about her solution, but it’s motivated by her own interests, which seems to be her baby and, as we have seen, she is quite protective of her spawn.

The trailer!!!!

Aside: Why can’t Hank get back together with his physical therapist? I liked her and they were attracted to each other and and and …

Oh wait. This is The Show That Drops All Threads.

I gave up on OUaT 2 seasons ago. I gave Grimm one more season. I think I’m out unless Juliette bites it.

• Love 2

I just feel like the writers watched way too much Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and are taking too many cues from it. Chosen One has sex with significant other, sig other turns evil. Everyone in the "gang" must know that the Chosen One is chosen, and what that entails. There must be a love triangle of sorts with another evil being. Everyone in the gang must have a power of some sort (I expect to see Hank and Wu get Wesenized at some point soon) to help the Chosen One with their burden, and so on and so forth. Juliette=Angelus is just not working for me because at least Angel didn't act like a spoiled brat--they should have either made her well and fully evil so we could feel justified in hating her, or not gone down this path, because right now I just hate her for whining and hurting everyone's feelings, and that's no fun.

The difference between Juliette and Angelus is that Angelus is the real deal, that's who Angel was before he got his soul.  With Juliette they can't decide whether she is acting like this because she is possessed by the hexenbiest inside her or that she has flipped out because of what has happened to her.

I shipped Adalind and Nick until she raped both Hank and Nick. That's pretty much a bridge too far for me now. As much as I think Coffee and Giuntoli have great chemistry, I don't want her and Nick as anything about enemies or frienemies at best. 

• Love 3

I shipped Adalind and Nick until she raped both Hank and Nick. That's pretty much a bridge too far for me now. As much as I think Coffee and Giuntoli have great chemistry, I don't want her and Nick as anything about enemies or frienemies at best. 

Word.  I'm sorry, I'm just not okay with the unfortunately common habit of TV shows to pair rapists up with their victims.  I'm also rather disappointed in Grimm that they haven't acknowledged, even "lightly," what Adalind did to Nick.

• Love 5

The difference between Juliette and Angelus is that Angelus is the real deal, that's who Angel was before he got his soul.  With Juliette they can't decide whether she is acting like this because she is possessed by the hexenbiest inside her or that she has flipped out because of what has happened to her.

Exactly. They should have made that decision before they took the character down this path. If she's flipping out, then that's entirely her problem. If she's somehow "possessed," then I'd understand a bit more. At this point, the writers haven't made this clear at all.

I'm also rather disappointed in Grimm that they haven't acknowledged, even "lightly," what Adalind did to Nick.

I think you just put into words what bugged me most about that whole thing. In fact, now they're skipping over all of that by having Adalind blame her actions on them taking her baby.
  • Love 2

I think the writers have ignored most of Adalind's evil deeds. She was never punished for attempting to kill Hank. Nick took her powers but she got them back so the punishment didn't matter. She attempted to give her baby to two different women and she killed Frau Pesch. Adalind has a lot of bad karma coming her way.

• Love 4

I just feel like the writers watched way too much Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and are taking too many cues from it.

They didn't need to watch too much of it. Many of them wrote it. And are unfortunately copying the worst aspects of it, or are reusing tropes that could go either way, but not executing them well this time.

At this point, I'm basically hoping where they're going with this is killing off everyone. Either everyone except Nick, and then the new direction is his dealing with the aftermath of that, or possibly everyone including Nick and then this somehow becomes the Teresa show. I don't even know if either of those options might actually be better, but seriously, they've point-of-no-returned so many characters for me, everything I can think of for where they're trying to go is just rubbish, which makes me think, well, if they've offed absolutely everyone at least that'd surprise me.

• Love 1

And if she and mama Grimm team up, I think it would be great.

OH, you mean two actual bad-ass women who aren't whiny and horrible? Yes, please!

That is so the show I want to watch. Bye Nick. Bye Juliette. Monroe and Rosalee and Wu and Hank can do recurring. Reynard stays for obvious shirtless reasons. "Oh fearsome chick-power-pair, why do you have that shirtless man in your backseat?" "Reasons."

• Love 3

I think the writers have ignored most of Adalind's evil deeds. She was never punished for attempting to kill Hank. Nick took her powers but she got them back so the punishment didn't matter. She attempted to give her baby to two different women and she killed Frau Pesch. Adalind has a lot of bad karma coming her way.

We talk about how badly written Juliette is--and she is--but Adalind is just as bad, but in another way.

So far, she has:

• Tried to kill a woman who was already knocking on death's door
  • Used "magic" to entrap Hank--leading him to be unable to perform his job oh, and ALMOST DIE because of her
  • Used "magic" to put a woman in a coma purely out of spite for someone else (And we can also talk about how a poor cat had to pay the ultimate price)
  • Used two men in an effort to get pregnant and then sold the baby for her powers
  • Renegged on the contract of the sale of her baby (how has that not come up?  I mean, they way she had to sign that contract makes me think it is not your run of the mill legal document)
  • Used "magic" to become someone else (this also involved a bit of breaking and entering)
  • Raped a man
  • Broke into someone's house (again) with the full intention of beating that person to a bloody pulp if she didn't do what Adalind wanted
  • Ended up pregnant from her rape and expects her victim to protect her
  • Wants to exhume a body, which is very illegal if you don't go through the proper channels (and, let's face it, THAT isn't going to happen).  Oh, and it is really gross.  Plus, we still don't know what she wants to do to the corpse.

Yet, how many of these items ever led to actual consequences for Adalind?  Really, raping Nick is the only one that had an actual consequence.

And, with all that, the writer are now trying to write her as a sympathetic character?  I mean, that is the impression I got in the scene in Renard's office.

Ugh....this show!

• Love 7