Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Iron Hans

You missed one: she came back to town after what she did to Hank and distracted him at his front door while thugs sneaked into his house. They beat the crap out of him after Adelind had gone, just as a further extortionist tactic against Nick to get the key.

• Love 2

You missed one: she came back to town after what she did to Hank and distracted him at his front door while thugs sneaked into his house. They beat the crap out of him after Adelind had gone, just as a further extortionist tactic against Nick to get the key.

And don't forget Wu as collateral damage to poisoning Hank with the cookies.

Yep, add those two to the list.

Here's another Adalind thing that popped into my mind. In Iron Hans, she lies to Nick when she tells him that she didn't know that Juliette would turn into a hexenbiest.  When she met up with Sean a few episodes earlier and told him that she had a fight with Juliette and that Juliette is now a hexenbiest, she said, "So that means Nick is a Grimm again."  She knew what they would have had to do and what the "side effects" would be (which also makes me think that Elizabeth knew as well.)

I agree about Adalind, but first of all, she's the villain, so I expect this crap from her. Second, I don't agree she's not suffering consequences. She's miserable and having to do whatever the Royals tell her. She has no free will and cannot live on her own at this point without help. She finally found something to love, her baby, and it was taken away from her. Most of her dastardly deeds have been a by-product of other people deciding she shouldn't be in charge of her own baby.

I do agree about expecting these things from her as she is the villain (but a pretty ineffectual one.  Her schemes never work and she is always allowing herself to be manipulated by others).  As for suffering consequences--you're right...she is miserable.  What I meant by suffering the consequences, though, is an external consequence.  No one ever, or at least they rarely, hold her accountable for what she has done.

Oh, and I wish Nick wouldn't be so quick to believe everything she says.  Dude...do you really trust her to save someone she put in a coma and tried to beat up? Remember what happened the last time a hexenbiest offered to help?

And, you may want to consider a paternity test....

• Love 5

I fear that's where the writers are going since we are stuck with Bitsie Tulloch for awhile.  Worse, I think there will be some weird convoluted explanation since Adalind got pregnant while pretending to be Juliette that the baby really is Juliette's after all .... and then we're stuck with baby drama AND Juliette trying to make up for all she's done this season AND Nick reassuring Juliette that none if it is her fault, it's all Nick's fault ..... and that is enough to make me give up on the show forever. 

It's what I've been fearing too, it's the worst case scenario but it wouldn't be a surprise coming from these writers, especially since they destroyed a trailer full of storyline possibilities that would've been way better than the baby/relationship/soap opera melodrama that has been drowning the show and it's gotten worse.

• Love 3

This monster of the week was obvious the moment we met Maggie. I'm not sure what the Jeff Fahey character thought he was doing, inviting Monroe the vegetarian on the hunt (he said he had heard about Monroe, so it can't have been a surprise). It would be like inviting a pacifist to a war game.

WTH is the show doing with Juliette? Now she is full on angry enough to kill a pregnant woman?

She was annoying and whiney for a long time, then became almost enjoyable as a capable member of the Scooby gang. She brought a kind of toughness and perspective that rounded them out. Then ... this. When you actually root for Nick to kill Juliette and get the character off the show, then something has gone wrong. Are we supposed to feel empathy for Juliette? Or somehow enjoy "bad Juliette"? It ain't happening. If this isn't an endgame to reboot Nick's life as a single Grimm, then it is simply a complete failure on the part of the show.

Is Juliette angry because Hexienbeasts are always angry? But then Adalind doesn't seem angry all the time. Maybe you need training to be a hexienbeast?

I wonder if there is any value to having a Grimm's child. Assuming that is what the baby will eventually be.

And Nick ... dude, *everything* isn't your fault.

Sometimes I think Rosalee and Monroe are the only people on this show who react reasonably.

Edited by Ottis

I'll comment on the trailer now, since I'm assuming we'll find out if anything survived the fire in the next episode.

When reading through the previous episode threads, I was a little surprised at the commenters asking whether Wu had a key or permission to be in the trailer. He didn't need to be given his own key. There was one in the magnetic Hide-A-Key underneath the trailer, a second underneath the doormat, and a third key hidden in the fake plastic rock.  ;)

Seriously though, the location of the trailer was way more important than any key to it. Wesen powers or human tools (lockpicks, crowbars, explosives, etc.) could easily be used to gain access to the trailer once it was found. I was concerned about that happening much earlier this season when the FBI lady & her associates were following Trubel.

In real life, scanning pages in the trailer would be difficult and photos don't render text very well. I guess those rules don't have to apply here with all the other magical stuff going on. Still, I think our best hope for info surviving is if Wu took a few books or pages home to read in his spare time. Most of the translations were written on separate sheets. Translations in languages that were not English, Spanish, or German wouldn't be missed right away, or not missed at all. Maybe Wu decided to type some into Google Translate. Or maybe he went old school and is using foreign language dictionaries to translate info about Wesen. He seemed motivated enough to do his own research, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's his new hobby.

Guess I'll watch the next episode now & see if I'm right.

• Love 1