Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

According to Trav's twitter, not always reliable, He has full custody and Katherine doesn't have visitation.

I tend to believe him - it looks like he moved to Palm Springs, CA (for a while, I would think), while Kathryn is in Charleston.

Kathryn still can't get her shit together after the chances she's been given. There's a rumor going around where it says she failed another recent drug test, but this one said she still had some supervised visits. I guess something changed.

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/01/30/a-quick-word-about-southern-charm/

She's recently attacked the other castmembers too. And I thought all was well when they made up during Cameran's birthday weekend.

• Love 1

So Whitney isn't on the full cast list on the Bravo site.  He and Patricia were in the preview, so maybe their parts are more limited this coming season?  It's not that I *like* either one of them, but they, especially Patricia, add an element to the show that is usually very snark worthy and thus fun to comment on.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I saw both those deleted IG pics---what is wrong with him?! It's almost like he enjoys the negative attention. I just can't believe the guy gets so stupidly drunk that he somehow composes these long screeds beneath his pics he uploads and then wakes up the next day feeling embarrassed over them to the point of quick morning-after deletion. He has to like the negative attention on some level, because he got ripped a new asshole in the comments on that post he made all about Kathryn.

I don't even like the gal and think she's nuts as well, but I don't think it's fair or proper to publicly disparage the mother of your children either, no matter what. Like Trump, someone seriously needs to take away his social media privileges for his own good and that of his poor children.

Thanks for the description. Not being on social media I was wondering what "dirty deletes" are.

On February 17, 2017 at 7:05 AM, slowpoked said:

So out of this whole preview, the thing that has me the most hooked is Dani. I'm not sure what it says about the rest of the cast or me that the only thing I care to learn more about is what happened to her.

It probably says that she's the only decent person in the whole cast. It probably also says that due to feeling sick today, my snark levels are way down. Wait 'til I feel better, and I'll probably be interested in the drama. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, slowpoked said:

It looks like Shep has the most pull among the cast with the producers in terms of adding new people - wasn't he also the one who asked Landon be included in the show a couple of years ago?

Whitney and Shep both got Landon on the show, she was friends with Whitney in LA.

• Love 2

Ever recorded the How they got here special, showing highlights from the 3 seasons followed by the S4 trailer.

Wow these people have aged in 4 years.

Looks like they're going to continue the same story lines, Landon and Thomas, Landon and Shep, Shep being jealous green eyed monster who puts Craig down, Craig not passing the bar, Cameran trying for baby, etc.

Running on fumes, better hope they keep much of the audience from lead in.

• Love 3

So this was basically a 30 minutes clipshow of past clips with Cameran narrating over it all, followed by the S4 trailer thats been available for weeks already online. Got it. Guess that just was a cheap and easy ploy to get viewers((and potential new viewers)) excited about and all caught up with the new season.

I was hoping they'd maybe toss in some rare or previously unseen footage, at least. Maybe throw in their old screentests/auditions for the show. Introduce the new guy. Explain the hilarious lack of explanation for boring S1 cast member Jenna King and/or what's happened to her since then. No Cooper, Jennifer or JD talking heads. An all-too-brief Patricia worship sequence....oh well. Still stoked about S4!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

So this was basically a 30 minutes clipshow of past clips with Cameran narrating over it all, followed by the S4 trailer thats been available for weeks already online. Got it. Guess that just was a cheap and easy ploy to get viewers((and potential new viewers)) excited about and all caught up with the new season.

I was hoping they'd maybe toss in some rare or previously unseen footage, at least. Maybe throw in their old screentests/auditions for the show. Introduce the new guy. Explain the hilarious lack of explanation for boring S1 cast member Jenna King and/or what's happened to her since then. No Cooper, Jennifer or JD talking heads. An all-too-brief Patricia worship sequence....oh well. Still stoked about S4!!

I thought the same as you!  I thought there would be at least a few new nuggets of info or gossip.  But no, just a lame rehash.  After watching it, it seemed like it was more of a quick-and-dirty summary of seasons past aimed at attracting new (or lapsed) viewers to Season 4.  It was definitely NOT aimed at us die-hard watchers!  Oh well.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Well, I can help a bit with the old screentests/auditions! A podcaster I follow posted Whitney's Sizzle Reel (AKA - how he sold the show) for Southern Charm and it is...something. It says everything about Whitney that he ended it with him jacking off a champagne bottle, doesn't it?

• Love 5

Interesting that the reel spends so much time on T-Rav's cocaine conviction. Guess that was what Whitney imagined viewers would be intrigued by, but it's such a huge embarrassment for Thomas. However he feels about the show now, it actually seems to have improved his life and image quite a lot. From disgraced ex-politician felon to famous (well, Bravolebrity) family man...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I thought the same as you!  I thought there would be at least a few new nuggets of info or gossip.  But no, just a lame rehash.  After watching it, it seemed like it was more of a quick-and-dirty summary of seasons past aimed at attracting new (or lapsed) viewers to Season 4.  It was definitely NOT aimed at us die-hard watchers!  Oh well.

Yeah that special was a waste. Especially because they just aired a marathon before that. Clips for the first 15 minutes would have been nice, and the last 15 minutes could have been spent with what to look forward to this season that hasn't been seen on the trailer. I mean, c'mon, there's like 12 episodes, it's not like they would be giving the entire thing away if they teased some more. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, bosawks said:

I know I should be sick of the Craig being a doofus storyline, but I am so not....

Word!

Craig is sort of the one with twists and turns ahead of him that are still unknown.  We know the fate of Cameron (happily married; successful real estate agent); Shep (remains a womanizing, rich, bar owner without much substance); Kathryn and TRav and Whitney and his mom (more of the same for all); Landon (who cares).

We don't know what direction Craig will go in.  Will he become a lawyer?  Will he blow it all?  Will he marry his girlfriend?  Will he stay in Charleston?  What kind of job will he get?

Coupled with the fact that he is both on-point (where his assessments of his cast mates are concerned) and clueless (about how to navigate a career and his relationships) all at the same time makes him interesting.  

• Love 10
(edited)

TRav has been really active on twitter lately.  Earlier this week he tweeted about how he was "to educated to enjoy" reality television, even his own show.  He must have caught a load of crap for his obviously superior grammatical skills because it disappeared before I could post it here.  Yesterday he said something about how terrible Obamacare was, and because of it he couldn't use his insurance to get medical care for Kensie in California or pay cash.  REALLY?  Some medical facility said "no, no sir we will not take your cash please go!!"  Weirdo.  

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Well, I can help a bit with the old screentests/auditions! A podcaster I follow posted Whitney's Sizzle Reel (AKA - how he sold the show) for Southern Charm and it is...something. It says everything about Whitney that he ended it with him jacking off a champagne bottle, doesn't it?

That was something. What a sausage fest. Watching it, I kept wondering what network Whitney thought would pick this up. Style had barely been rebranded as Esquire and was still trying to suss itself out. What network would be interested in a reality show with rich drunken middle-aged douchebags who talk about architecture, the historic accomplishments of their families, polo, and hunting. I wonder who made them cast women. That person is a hero even if Jenna was faux edgy, but real boring.

6 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

TRav has been really active on twitter lately.  Earlier this week he tweeted about how he was "to educated to enjoy" reality television, even his own show.  He must have caught a load of crap for his obviously superior grammatical skills because it disappeared before I could post it here.  Yesterday he said something about how terrible Obamacare was, and because of it he couldn't use his insurance to get medical care for Kensie in California or pay cash.  REALLY?  Some medical facility said "no, no sir we will not take your cash please go!!"  Weirdo.  

Gah, TRav is the worst. The reason he was having issues with his insurance is because he was out of network. I'm sure the facility would have taken cash, but he was too impatient and impulsive to sit down with the billing staff. This has nothing to do with the Affordable Care Active (Obamacare) and everything to do with the same reasons he's the father of Kensie and Julian, why he's no longer the state treasurer, and how he imploded his campaign--he's impatient, impulsive, and can't be reasoned with when he gets way. I will always love that "Kathryn might be pregnant" conversation in season one. Shep said in a matter of fact way that it wasn't his because he wore a condom. TRav has no insight or foresight when it comes to his personal life.

• Love 9
(edited)
50 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

.I wonder who made them cast women. That person is a hero even if Jenna was faux edgy, but real boring.

I read somewhere else that it was someone from Bravo. As the main viewership of Bravo is mostly women due to the RH franchise, they didn't think females would be interested in watching a show of just men prowling around Charleston looking for dates and hookups. Apparently, Bravo wasn't interested in a show where the women would only be nameless arm candies for these men. So Whitney quickly gathered up some of his women friends (which is Cameran. I don't know if he was friends with Jenna prior), and quickly reshot the show's concept to submit to Bravo.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 3
(edited)

^And then Bravo bought it, dubbed it "Southern Charm", and set to filming. Struck gold when model manque Kathryn, who was supposed to be nothing more than background arm candy for perhaps a couple of episodes, pushed herself in front of the cameras and into the bed of twice-her-age drunken playboy T-Rav. Add a pregnancy "scare" and then an actual pregnancy, entertaining antics from several other characters, and a hit was born.

Whitney's format might have lasted one season -- he got so lucky. It must kill him that he owes so much of his fame and success to Kathryn!

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

^And then Bravo bought it, dubbed it "Southern Charm", and set to filming. Struck gold when model manque Kathryn, who was supposed to be nothing more than background arm candy for perhaps a couple of episodes, pushed herself in front of the cameras and into the bed of twice-her-age drunken playboy T-Rav. Add a pregnancy "scare" and then an actual pregnancy, entertaining antics from several other characters, and a hit was born.

Whitney's format might have lasted one season -- he got so lucky. It must kill him that he owes so much of his fame and success to Kathryn!

I've always interpreted Craig's whole "Whitney is angry with Kathryn because she dumped him for Thomas" nonsense to really be a non-fourth wall way to talk about how trashbag Burton and Taylor (Thomas and Kathryn) had hijacked the original premise of the show. From my understanding, JD filmed as a principal cast in season one and was blindsided when it aired because his role had been whittled down to nothing. I'm happy about it because last season  demonstrated that a full season of JD boss hogging would have driven me up the wall.

I know it kills Whitney to know that Kathryn is instrumental to the success of this show. I think I remember reading that neither she nor the show wanted her back in season 4, but when they saw the dailies they called her up and asked her to come back. If that's true, I'm sure it was a huge blow to Whitney's ego.

• Love 8
(edited)

From following her and a few of the other cast members' tweets this past fall, it became clear that Kathryn's fans lobbied hard for her to be brought back for this season after Bravo said she would not be included. She really does have a lot of them and their campaign worked.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

From following her and a few of the other cast members' tweets this past fall, it became clear that Kathryn's fans lobbied hard for her to be brought back for this season after Bravo said she would not be included. She really does have a lot of them and their campaign worked.

According to Craig, she was brought back a couple of weeks after they have started filming, so most like she won't be in the first few episodes. Whether that is production changing their minds about bringing her back, or Kathryn holding out for more money, who knows. But if I'm reading Craig correctly, he sort of implied that maybe Kathryn was in rehab still, or dealing with some personal issues, and so that's why she wasn't there from the start.

But really though, she just can't disappear after that bombshell of an ending last season. She's so tied to Thomas now, and Landon, by extension, I guess.

• Love 2

I don't mind Katherine.  Say what you will, but the girl is clearly lost in life.   It's like she's at an intersection in a road and the only paths she sees are self-destructive ones.  Drugs to the left, Trav to the right.  I don't think any of it is intentional.  She isn't capable of seeing different, better paths.  

Been there done that myself and so I get it.  I hope she gets help.

• Love 9

I also hope Kathryn will find her way to adult maturity and sobriety. The kids will be only in their late teens when Thomas is 70-75 years old. I hope their mom will be healthy and still somewhat youthful as they grow into adulthood.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I've always interpreted Craig's whole "Whitney is angry with Kathryn because she dumped him for Thomas" nonsense to really be a non-fourth wall way to talk about how trashbag Burton and Taylor (Thomas and Kathryn) had hijacked the original premise of the show. From my understanding, JD filmed as a principal cast in season one and was blindsided when it aired because his role had been whittled down to nothing. I'm happy about it because last season  demonstrated that a full season of JD boss hogging would have driven me up the wall.

I know it kills Whitney to know that Kathryn is instrumental to the success of this show. I think I remember reading that neither she nor the show wanted her back in season 4, but when they saw the dailies they called her up and asked her to come back. If that's true, I'm sure it was a huge blow to Whitney's ego.

I agree with this completely. Whitney is pissed that he's not only the least interesting but comes off as an old, icky, superficial, bitter bitch. lol. 

Kathryn and TRav are nuts but they make fascinating TV. I think it's because they are legit crazy and have a really dysfunctional thing going on that obviously has some roots in the real world as things happen off camera and off season, like children being conceived, custody battles, blah blah blah. 

I wouldn't want to know them in the real world but I will watch it as it's off the hook. Whitney? EEWW. JD? He's just part of the Greek Chorus watching them. No need to keep him or lose him. He's a voice in the crowd and not very interesting or attractive or much of anything.

• Love 7

Thomas' drunken ramblings on Twitter is such a hoot - he just tweeted that he hopes he will be redeemed on Season 4 and that everything else is just editing. Then acknowledges that he probably pissed off the editors too. He's so cray-cray.

Most of the cast have said they loved how Season 4 turned out, and that hopefully the editing will show how they felt the season really went on. So we'll see.

• Love 2
On 3/9/2017 at 2:40 PM, HunterHunted said:

From my understanding, JD filmed as a principal cast in season one and was blindsided when it aired because his role had been whittled down to nothing. I'm happy about it because last season  demonstrated that a full season of JD boss hogging would have driven me up the wall.

This is a spot on, excellent description of him!  I want to know why Elizabeth started dating him in the first place, let alone married him and had 4 kids.  I just can't even imagine the stench of whisky sweat in his house. 

• Love 6
On 3/9/2017 at 3:40 PM, HunterHunted said:

"Boss hogging." Bwaaaaaah! I can't stop laughing at this because it is so spot on! lololol

• Love 2
On 2/16/2017 at 5:04 PM, peachmangosteen said:

There's a season 4 trailer here, but it personally isn't working for me. Which is annoying. I need this in my life right now!

Can someone please get Kathryn a foundation that's not 5 shades lighter than her body and the right (red) undertone? Landon's skin looks rough. This season looks messy af but I'm in. 

• Love 4

Well the first season, and maybe parts of season 2, of SC wasn't like other Bravo shows, especially those Real Housewife shows.

But now they all seem the same, with fake events which sound like a real thing (Founders Ball) to have the cast come together for possible confrontations.

I'll see through SC even though it's nothing like it used to be, but I'm not biting on that.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Southern Charm Savannah is premiering on Monday, May 8th at 10 pm on Bravo.  
WATCH THE "SOUTHERN CHARM SAVANNAH" TRAILER

Wow, it looks truly godawful and that comparatively unattractive cast seems about as charming as bad dinner theater---and I say this as a regular Savannah visitor who was looking quite forward to this spin-off. Hope it plays out better than that trailer comes off, because those folks seem to reek of cheap cologne/desperation.

• Love 3