Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn herself blabs to her friends. She can't shut up.

Fine but then her sober friends need to keep some information private.

The reason why she talks so much is because of her mental and chemical impairment. She is lost.

Since you are in the know, can her parents step up to the plate and foster their grandkids?

• Love 1
(edited)

Petition the SC Court. They can have Grandparent visitation. In other instances that I know of (different state) the Grandparents were able to have visitation once a month from Friday to Sunday. If the situation warrants or TRav becomes unsavory they can go back to have it readjusted for full time  

Not all grandparents want custody. I have a friend who took in her two granddaughters, due to parents behaving badly,  and she sacrificed all her savings, love life and time to ensure they were properly cared for. It was a hard job but if asked she'd tell you that she'd do it all over again. Some people are not willing to give up their freedom, time and money to re-raise children. 

Im sure a legal clause would be put into any agreement so that Kathryn couldn't do drive by unsupervised visits and plenty of ones for TRav to continue to build his bond with his children. Do TRav and Kathryn's parents get along? 

P.S. I apologize LIMOM. I just realized your question wasn't addressed to general posters. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added P.S.
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Since you are in the know, can her parents step up to the plate and foster their grandkids

What Mindthinkr said is true. As long as Thomas is shown to be a good, caring parent, he will have custody of the children. He does get along with Kathryn's parents, they are as exasperated with their daughter as he is. Until Kathryn gets therapy, rehab, and gets her act together, she will never see her children. She's not as concerned about it as some of her weepy THs portray. She'd be out partying and a nanny would be caring for them if she had them at any time.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Petition the SC Court. They can have Grandparent visitation. In other instances that I know of (different state) the Grandparents were able to have visitation once a month from Friday to Sunday. If the situation warrants or TRav becomes unsavory they can go back to have it readjusted for full time  

Not all grandparents want custody. I have a friend who took in her two granddaughters, due to parents behaving badly,  and she sacrificed all her savings, love life and time to ensure they were properly cared for. It was a hard job but if asked she'd tell you that she'd do it all over again. Some people are not willing to give up their freedom, time and money to re-raise children. 

Im sure a legal clause would be put into any agreement so that Kathryn couldn't do drive by unsupervised visits and plenty of ones for TRav to continue to build his bond with his children. Do TRav and Kathryn's parents get along? 

P.S. I apologize LIMOM. I just realized your question wasn't addressed to general posters. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes. 

I appreciate your post. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

What Mindthinkr said is true. As long as Thomas is shown to be a good, caring parent, he will have custody of the children. He does get along with Kathryn's parents, they are as exasperated with their daughter as he is. Until Kathryn gets therapy, rehab, and gets her act together, she will never see her children. She's not as concerned about it as some of her weepy THs portray. She'd be out partying and a nanny would be caring for them if she had them at any time.

I just think that if they are willing and able. It would be better for all involved.

She is in no mental state to mother ATM however for all involved (especially the children) I feel that she needs to still be involved in her children 's life albeit in a very, very restrictive manner.

Being raised by nannies, an alcoholic uninvolved father and a full on addict is very, very damaging, imo.

His parents are just too old to contribute any parenting except to reason with their son and offer a quick break on the week end, imo.

a mess!

(edited)

Being raised by nannies, an alcoholic uninvolved father and a full on addict is very, very damaging, imo.

While Thomas may teeter on the brink of alcoholism, he's functional, and I don't think he is an "uninvolved" father. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

While Thomas may teeter on the brink of alcoholism, he's functional, and I don't think he is an "uninvolved" father. 

I don't know. Between  his work, his polo, his chasing skinny ankles debutantes, there are just so many hours in a day!

I do believe that he does the best he can and know how. He is just a product of his class, his environment and frankly his dependence issues.

That dude is not sober, imo.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I don't know. Between  his work, his polo, his chasing skinny ankles debutantes, there are just so many hours in a day!

I do believe that he does the best he can and know how. He is just a product of his class, his environment and frankly his dependence issues.

That dude is not sober, imo.

I agree with you. He's not sober but he functions well enough to run his business and ride his polo ponies, and I will believe until proven otherwise that he does not drive drunk when his kids are in the car. I believe that he loves his children. He mentioned that they are in a Montessori school, and we saw him taking Kensie to ballet. IIRC we saw him feeding Kensie and changing Saint's diaper. He claims there is no nanny on duty at night and that he sleeps in the guest house. For a 54-year-old first-time father from his background, it looks like he's handling things pretty well.

Many a wastrel playboy has been saved from total debauchery by having the responsibility of children. Thomas may be growing up at last  because his kids have given him real purpose and responsbility. I remember when Craig was defending Thomas' newfound sense of responsibility toward his children to Whitney, who would have loved nothing more than for his playboy buddy (and love interest?) to remain wife-less, child-less, and fancy-free forever.

• Love 2

I also think that the show is showing him stepping up to the plate. I've also read on the board (by someone who claims to know him better than what we see portrayed) that much of what he does for this series is "show". Having a horse career and a family, while challenging, can be done well. I know this personally. Especially if he has a barn manager and grooms. 

My favorite scene so far this season was TRav taking Kensie to ballet. Nothing cuter than a wee bairn in a tutu. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I agree with you. He's not sober but he functions well enough to run his business and ride his polo ponies, and I will believe until proven otherwise that he does not drive drunk when his kids are in the car. I believe that he loves his children. He mentioned that they are in a Montessori school, and we saw him taking Kensie to ballet. IIRC we saw him feeding Kensie and changing Saint's diaper. He claims there is no nanny on duty at night and that he sleeps in the guest house. For a 54-year-old first-time father from his background, it looks like he's handling things pretty well.

Many a wastrel playboy has been saved from total debauchery by having the responsibility of children. Thomas may be growing up at last  because his kids have given him real purpose and responsbility. I remember when Craig was defending Thomas' newfound sense of responsibility toward his children to Whitney, who would have loved nothing more than for his playboy buddy (and love interest?) to remain wife-less, child-less, and fancy-free forever.

Hum, Whitney having the hot for the old Huguenot?

Now that is an interesting twist. Lol.

I do believe that he can absolutely step up for his kids.

HOwever,  he needs to get real and step away from the alcohol,imo

He is so old school. Between his anachronistic values and his poor French, he is a character.

His last revelation that he had magic khaki pants threw me in hysterics....

1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I also think that the show is showing him stepping up to the plate. I've also read on the board (by someone who claims to know him better than what we see portrayed) that much of what he does for this series is "show". Having a horse career and a family, while challenging, can be done well. I know this personally. Especially if he has a barn manager and grooms. 

My favorite scene so far this season was TRav taking Kensie to ballet. Nothing cuter than a wee bairn in a tutu. 

Polo is a different animal, imo. Especially since he is actually a player.

3 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

He is so old school. Between his anachronistic values and his poor French, he is a character.

So you are telling me that if I rode professionally that it doesn't rate unless it was in polo? 

1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

So you are telling me that if I rode professionally that it doesn't rate unless it was in polo? 

NOt at all. I am referring to Thomas traveling during the polo season. This takes time.

How will I know you are riding professionally? Did you mention it? If so my apologies, my post was not meant to imply anything at all about you.

No problem. Yes, he would have to travel the circuit but I don't see him as a professional polo player. A dabbler, yes. He might just do the ones in SC and NC...To do the "A" list he'd not only have to go to Florida for the winter but he'd also have to travel around the world. Places like Argentina have World Class players and horses. (Just one of many examples I could cite) He might be rich but I don't think he has the drive to compete in the levels in a world arena. This is where I agree with you. His alcohol and "player" instincts get in the way and he has taken his personal life to a new level now that he has added children (without a stable mother) to his life. 

3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

He might just do the ones in SC and NC...To do the "A" list he'd not only have to go to Florida

This year he moved to California with the kids for the west coast winter season.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

This year he moved to California with the kids for the west coast winter season.

What fun for him and the kids. Plus a whole new stable of fillies (and I'm not talking about the four legged variety lol). 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I agree.  He really is the only parent the kids have presently.  I hope Kathryn gets it together but should she never do that, he needs to quit drinking.  It shows on his face and you can hear it when he speaks.  I have seen what long term alcoholism can do to a person and it is devastating.  If he gets alcohol induced brain damage (dementia) who will the kids have then?  They are young and he isn't.  

• Love 2

But isn't drinking part of the Charleston culture?

Besides Gentry bourbon, all those nice and upscale restaurants and bars offer fine liquors.

On 5/5/2017 at 0:12 PM, LIMOM said:

And I would have thought his lucky pants were those white jeans that he's worn every single episode of the entire series. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

Interesting article on how Southern Charm came to be.

http://m.eonline.com/news/847779/how-southern-charm-became-the-sleeper-hit-of-bravo

I've been with this show since day 1 and it's crazy to see that it's become a franchise. We all really thought the show was going to get cancelled- it premiered to like 800k viewers or something like that.  It took awhile to catch on.

So Cameran is having a baby after all. That should be interesting. I guess the baby conflict really was just for the show. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thank you for the clickable link. I have a question. In that article is a photo of Whitney in a blue plaid shirt and sunglasses in his pocket. Can anyone tell what that Charm is on his necklace? Thank you. 

i'm not sure but it looks like the Italian 'horn'.  that can't be correct!

12 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thank you for the clickable link. I have a question. In that article is a photo of Whitney in a blue plaid shirt and sunglasses in his pocket. Can anyone tell what that Charm is on his necklace? Thank you. 

A southern charm?!? Couldn't resist! Looks like an 8, 2, and 4 with a lightning bolt? Or, maybe it's the Renob logo on backwards and the 8 is a B and the 2 is an E, and the 4 is an R. Which, I guess Renob logo on backwards changes it back into Boner?

• Love 3
On 5/5/2017 at 11:12 AM, LIMOM said:

It was such a common thought that the question made it into the season 2 reunion. There was such an escalation of animosity between Kathryn and Whitney from season 1 to season 2, many of us joked that Whitney was jealous that Thomas didn't wife up Whitney. Andy asked Whitney and Whitney denied it.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It was such a common thought that the question made it into the season 2 reunion. There was such an escalation of animosity between Kathryn and Whitney from season 1 to season 2, many of us joked that Whitney was jealous that Thomas didn't wife up Whitney. Andy asked Whitney and Whitney denied it.

And here I thought they were mad because they both slept with Kathryn, lol

Thanks for clarifying.

(edited)
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

And here I thought they were mad because they both slept with Kathryn, lol

Thanks for clarifying.

I think it's a little of one and a little of the other. Craig can't have been too far off in his assertion that Whitney was pissed that Kathryn dumped him for Thomas. Kathryn also came between his and Thomas's bromance, so Whit had double the reasons to hate her.

ETA: And in addition to all that, she stole the focus of his show! He certainly didn't intend it to be the Thomas and Kathryn Hour.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Craig can't have been too far off in his assertion that Whitney was pissed that Kathryn dumped him for Thomas.

Except they just reaired the season and the Kathryn/Whitney hookup happened after she had already hooked up with Thomas and based on that timeline Whitney's story of it being a onetime thing rather than Kathryn's constantly changing story that she supplied to Craig seems much more accurate.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I think it's a little of one and a little of the other. Craig can't have been too far off in his assertion that Whitney was pissed that Kathryn dumped him for Thomas. Kathryn also came between his and Thomas's bromance, so Whit had double the reasons to hate her.

ETA: And in addition to all that, she stole the focus of his show! He certainly didn't intend it to be the Thomas and Kathryn Hour.

It's all of those things. I honestly think Whitney was his nastiest when Kathryn and Thomas decided to make a go of it. Whitney concludes season 1 with a general admonition to Thomas to be careful. By the time season 2 comes out, Whitney is openly excoriating Kathryn and undermining the Thomas/Kathryn relationship by encouraging Thomas to go out bars and strip clubs. So I think that Whitney was pissed that he was played and that Kathryn undermined Whitney's premise for the show: drunken douchebags prowling for women.

• Love 6

I'll never forget the pile of clothes Kathryn left at Whitney's when she latched onto Thomas. The conversation between Whitney and Patricia was hilarious. And, as she left Thomas' house not long after, again she had her clothes in a pile on the floor.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

I'll never forget the pile of clothes Kathryn left at Whitney's when she latched onto Thomas. The conversation between Whitney and Patricia was hilarious. And, as she left Thomas' house not long after, again she had her clothes in a pile on the floor.

The way Patricia haughtily turned up her nose in total bemusement as she sneered "ANNE TAYYYYLORRRR!!!" over that pile of Kathryn's clothes on Whitney's bedroom floor made me an instant fan---one would expect such a horrified reaction from a woman who considers $10-18k Hermes purses to be investments, after all.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iloveit said:

Yea those seem waaaay off, especially   Thomas and Shep. Especially Thomas.

So off. Thomas sold his place in town after season 1 for $3 million. He also financed the vast majority of his senate campaign. I believe he spent $500K on that. His is off and so is Shep's.

Kathryn's might be accurate because for 3 years she made Thomas pay for everything.

I wonder why they left Whitney off.

• Love 1

No way Kathryn is worth $600,000. She has no family money, the show showed us that. Why else would they be hoping she married a rich guy? I'd put hers below $100K, way below. She owns no real estate, leases her car.  If she was worth that much, she'd have a nice little house and the money to get herself into a good rehab....but she'd rather stay drugged and drunk.

Thomas is worth much more, that much I do know. Shep may not be as well off with that mailbox money as he has led viewers to believe.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

money to get herself into a good rehab....but she'd rather stay drugged and drunk.

She went to one of the most expensive rehabs in the country.

55 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She went to one of the most expensive rehabs in the country.

And left to go back to her old ways. Her parents set all that up, she didn't do it on her own, which is what an addict has to do in order to want to get clean.

• Love 1
On 5/8/2017 at 7:57 PM, Mindthinkr said:

looks like something with a lightning bolt... maybe a 2 on top and an 8? To me it looks like it's backwards but can't tell what most of it is.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

No way Kathryn is worth $600,000. She has no family money, the show showed us that. Why else would they be hoping she married a rich guy? I'd put hers below $100K, way below. She owns no real estate, leases her car.  If she was worth that much, she'd have a nice little house and the money to get herself into a good rehab....but she'd rather stay drugged and drunk.

Thomas is worth much more, that much I do know. Shep may not be as well off with that mailbox money as he has led viewers to believe.

SInce you seem to know all those people's business, what is Jennifer's story?

Who is the baby's father?

Is it ok now in the OC milieu to have children out of wedlock?

I wish people would stop worrying about others people' s money. It is not of our business, imo.

• Love 3
(edited)

Dang, so basically she has a baby out of wedlock by an older man who did not even give her son his last name, 

according to the article posted...

Well, those OC people are just as trashy as the rest of the population.

"Vive la Bourgeoisie! And may they always be in it! 

Edited by LIMOM
On 5/10/2017 at 10:56 PM, HunterHunted said:

So off. Thomas sold his place in town after season 1 for $3 million. He also financed the vast majority of his senate campaign. I believe he spent $500K on that. His is off and so is Shep's.

Kathryn's might be accurate because for 3 years she made Thomas pay for everything.

I wonder why they left Whitney off.

Yeah, I agree. I know that Shep has invested in some businesses but no way are he and Craig in the same category. And where the hell would Landon get $3 mil and be richer than Thomas. Also no way in hell has Kathryn saved $600k.