Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

It's not about whether you enjoy seeing her or not.

Supposedly the show wouldn't have gone beyond the first season without her and Thomas and baby.

• Love 1

That crossed my mind immediately too. She has some nerve complaining about her high blood pressure and stress level being pregnant and playing the victim card, while doing cocaine, puffing ciggies & joints, and drinking. I hope that baby doesn't have any medical or psychological issues because of her selfish disgusting actions. 

• Love 3

I really hope she didn't do anything illegal while pregnant. She seems like a fairly intelligent person. If she did any drugs or drink while pregnant, she is a disgusting human being! I mean filth! If she did and continues to point fingers at Thomas about doing drugs, I feel like she might have a legit and hardcore mental/personality disorder. She could possibly be an addict and that could attribute her need to do drugs while pregnant all the while ignoring the dangers to get high. Or, she could simply be really screwed up to not see or care about the dangers. Either way, pregnant or not pregnant, it is disgusting. 

• Love 2

If that link is correct and Kathryn is in a "sex for drugs" exchange with her dealer, she is a serious addict.  No wonder she can't pay her bills, even with the six figures she gets from this show.

That said, being in a custody battle, having two small children and being pregnant recently and she's doing that?  Fucking idiot.  I think it's made worse by her Twitter and Instagram, where she presents herself as this devoted mother and T-Rav being this horrible person (which still may be true.)  Who would have ever thought that he would test clean and she would fail? 

I feel for those poor children and hope that T-Rav can start acting like an actual adult and be a proper parent to them.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On June 12, 2016 at 2:01 PM, scrb said:

It's not about whether you enjoy seeing her or not.

Supposedly the show wouldn't have gone beyond the first season without her and Thomas and baby.

I think that's quite true. However, now we're at the end of the 3rd season and they've brought two actual children into their hugely messy lives, plus, their drama is basically the same crap over and over again. I know Kathryn has a lot of followers out there who apparently want to see her, but there may be just as many SoCharm viewers who don't want to see her anymore.

I've dropped all my guilty-pleasure Real Housewife shows because of cast members I could no longer tolerate: Bethenny on NYC, Yolanda on Beverly Hills, and Brooks on Orange County. Just wasn't worth watching when the seasons became too focused on cast members I despised. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5
(edited)

Thinking about it further, I'm pretty sure I'm not Bravo's target demographic, and I don't follow Kathryn on Instagram and Twitter in order to copy her taste in clothes,  shoes, purses, makeup, and home furnishings. So it probably doesn't matter at all that I and others like me don't want her on the show anymore. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, jkitty said:

I haven't looks at all the links. Are there actual documents showing the failed drug tests or is it just based in the word of "sources"? Just curious. 

Yes, so far it's "unnamed sources." 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Yes, so far it's "unnamed sources." 

Thanks. I am gonna wait for the receipts on this one. I am not saying it's impossible, but to me it is a huge accusation and I am not going to cosign unnamed internet sources. Based on behavior alone, to me, Thomas seems like the much more likely suspect to fail a drug test. But we have no (current) evidence of that either. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I cannot go on the record, so to speak, due to legal issues, but the story is accurate.

Like I said, waiting for the receipts. It very well might be true, but anonimous internet commenters aren't a good enough source for me personally for something so serious. If this story is true, and you have a legal obligation not to be discussing these things,you are really playing with fire.

• Love 1
(edited)

Two articles where Thomas was interviewed. This first one that says Thomas got unsupervised joint custody after the drug test, and Kathryn has to have supervised joint custody. Finalization of the custody agreement to come on June 27. Adorable photo of St. Julien included!

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/06/13/thomas-ravenel-speaks-out-about-his-custody-battle-victory-with-ex-kathryn-dennis/

Also, as I imagined, Thomas on the plane with the kids is a trip to NYC to film the reunion. A couple of weeks ago he said on Twitter that he would not attend the reunion. Now he says he was reminded by Bravo that he is contractually obligated to attend. 

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/06/13/thomas-ravenel-speaks-out-about-his-custody-battle-victory-with-ex-kathryn-dennis/

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3

Damn Kathryn ridiculously overplayed her hand, using access to the children as a way to torment Thomas and he finally called her bluff. I am assuming that because her parents are the ones who are supervising she has moved back to their house.

• Love 3
(edited)

So much for Thomas's claim that, being unmarried, he had no rights to his children. Or maybe he convinced himself he wouldn't get a fair deal.

I wonder if the judge's final ruling will also include financial arrangements. If I were Thomas I'd rather pay the rent on Kathryn's house directly to a landlord so at least he'd know where his money was going.

Sounds good that Kathryn's parents are coming back into the picture -- how is that going to work, though? It would be sad to uproot Kensie from her home in MP but I don't think there's room for Kathryn's mom to stay in that house every other week. We'll see how this develops. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

Cameran, Landon, Whitney and Shep were on WWHL.  Whitney says if Thomas gets back with Kathryn, he has to pay someone in his family $100k.

they all said they knew about Kathryn's drug problems and Landon confirms the failed drug test.

• Love 2

The "new" nanny is the night nanny.
I thought I heard Whitney say that a family member has offered Thomas $100K if he will stay away from Kathryn. Not sure if Thomas needs $100K.
I'm calling it now: Kathryn will essentially abandon her kids if the child support is quite limited and she can only see her kids during supervision at her parents' home. Based on what I've seen of Kathryn, I don't believe she is bonded to her children, nor that she cares more for their well being than for her own.
Wonder how Bravo will handle the ethics of paying a known drug-using parent to be on TV.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

There was a new nanny on this week's show. Wonder what happened to Dawn? Will the new nanny live wherever the kids are?

The tag at the bottom of the screen said she was the "night nanny", so apparently they have more than one nanny.

2 hours ago, scrb said:

they all said they knew about Kathryn's drug problems and Landon confirms the failed drug test.

Well if Landon said it then it must be true. Eh, still not sold on this whole story. Sounds like someone just trying to slander Kathryn. Of course it may be true. Won't believe it until I see actual proof. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

If you google "Kathryn Dennis failed drug test" there is a lot of talk about it. Where there's smoke, there's usually a fire. In this case, definitely a fire.

I try not to go by gossip sites until the facts are proven, but the lack of any denials by Kathryn is very telling in this situation. Also that Thomas received immediate unsupervised custody for his week (because he had not seen his children in many weeks), and when Kathryn gets the children back for her week of custody, it must be supervised. According to the gossip sites, there are also restrictions on "paramours" being at the house while the children are there, and no drinking for 12 hours prior to picking up the children for their visitation. 

I think the lot of them use drugs on a regular basis (maybe not Cameran, but who knows).  I know they don't have children, but it would be interesting to see who tested positive for what on a random drug screen on all of them.  I'm not defending Kathryn's positive drug test.  I just think people like Landon and Whitney need to have a seat.  Pot, meet kettle.

• Love 3
(edited)

If it wasn't true you would think Kathryn would have said as much in a tweet.  She was watching WWHL and tweeting about Landon,  Cameron and Whitney.  

Pretty sad that a couple seasons ago Leah on teen mom 2 is seen nodding off on camera and still passes a drug test.  I wonder how much notice  Kathryn got about the drug test. 

I think using drugs is stupid but it's done by alot of people but Kathryn has children and wants to go after Thomas and his drug use,  so it's probably not a good idea to fail a drug test  when being all judgy. Landon and Whitney can snort anything off a donkey's ass,  they are only responsible for themselves. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

Watchers of Twitter and other media sites, keep us informed if anyone mentions the reunion, which I think is filming today and possibly tomorrow. Surely if there's fireworks (and surely there will be!) there will be tweets and other gossip flying. If Kathryn feels she "lost" in the custody case she may be in full derangement mode by the time filming is over.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Watchers of Twitter and other media sites, keep us informed if anyone mentions the reunion, which I think is filming today and possibly tomorrow. Surely if there's fireworks (and surely there will be!) there will be tweets and other gossip flying. If Kathryn feels she "lost" in the custody case she may be in full derangement mode by the time filming is over.

I know that the reunion was filming today because Jennifer Snowden tweeted it last night.  I was surprised that she was part of the reunion but she was definitely part of the Season 3 Thomas/Kathryn drama.

• Love 2

She just put this up on Facebook -

Kathryn Calhoun Dennis

50 mins ·

I cannot bite my tongue anymore without it falling off. Everyone who watches the reality show ‪#‎SouthernCharm‬ : I want to announce that the veil that it hides behind will indeed be officially unveiled and the reality of the reality will be revealed. Stay tuned as an announcement will be made before the reunion airs on June 27, 2016.

(edited)
40 minutes ago, citychic said:

Kathryn Calhoun Dennis

50 mins ·

I cannot bite my tongue anymore without it falling off. Everyone who watches the reality show ‪#‎SouthernCharm‬ : I want to announce that the veil that it hides behind will indeed be officially unveiled and the reality of the reality will be revealed. Stay tuned as an announcement will be made before the reunion airs on June 27, 2016.

She should have just let her tongue fall off.  She said nothing.  Unless someone knows what she's talking about?  

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

She's claiming on social media this is all a conspiracy against her. Also that youth and beauty always win so Landon the cast and all her haters will fail while she'll be vindicated . Those are comments she's posted. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

She's claiming on social media this is all a conspiracy against her. Also that youth and beauty always win so Landon the cast and all her haters will fail while she'll be vindicated . Those are comments she's posted. 

Well, I have always found coke & pot to be a hallmark of soothsaying....

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Yes, a big conspiracy. Youth and beauty soon fade. Speaking of beauty, maybe she should use some of Thomas' money to remove the three ugly growths from the side of her face. They're certainly not "beauty marks". What a witch.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, citychic said:

Kathryn Calhoun Dennis

50 mins ·

Huh? There's a veil under a veil (since she's unveiling a veil) with something (it?) hiding behind it and a reality of the reality that will be revealed? This all very confusing. I just hope there's not another baby under that veil because that would be all too real.

• Love 5

She just sealed her fate. Bravo won't have her back as a full-time cast member. She is such an idiot, there goes her only source of income. One thing I've learned from the people I know who have been on reality TV is you do NOT break the so-called 4th wall and expose any secrets. It's in their contracts, she's so screwed. Not in a good way.

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

She just sealed her fate. Bravo won't have her back as a full-time cast member. She is such an idiot, there goes her only source of income. One thing I've learned from the people I know who have been on reality TV is you do NOT break the so-called 4th wall and expose any secrets. It's in their contracts, she's so screwed. Not in a good way.

I'll believe it when Bravo says it. I don't underestimate the network's desire to make money however they can. If Kathryn is controversial but ratings go up, they'll keep her. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I'll believe it when Bravo says it. I don't underestimate the network's desire to make money however they can. If Kathryn is controversial but ratings go up, they'll keep her. 

And isn't that a sad commentary on the shows everyone clamors for? I want her to get help for her addictions, not watch her fall flat on her face in disgrace. She's too young.

• Love 2
On 6/15/2016 at 3:21 PM, bosawks said:

Well, I have always found coke & pot to be a hallmark of soothsaying....

I think there is a line that is drawn about what Bravo considers good entertainment.  Jill Zarin of RHNY was booted because the show got to be too dark (and because she was a pain in the ass for producers and ultimately tried driving storylines).  Kim Richards of RHBH was booted when her drug/alcohol and legal issues got to be too much for the other women and a liability for the show.  I recall an interview with Andy during which he talked about RHNY and that the show got so dark people weren't enjoying it...something like that.  

Kathryn, two babies, and cocaine speak to a dark storyline.  If she can show she's redeemed herself, there might be hope.  Based on her social media rants, it seems too over-the-top crazed to make it work.  Until/unless she sobers up, I would be surprised if the returned.  Given that newborns are involved, the moment cocaine was mentioned, it got to be too dark.

We'll see.  Maybe she will turn it around.  Even then, she's emotionally immature and not in the same sphere as the others. I'm not so sure she'd make sense with the group anymore.

I like Craig, but I wonder if he should exit too.   It would be great for all of them to make it but there are 3 separate camps now for this crew and when they come together, it's noticeably forced and awkward for the viewer.

• Love 1

Only problem with booting Kathryn or Craig or anyone else is that there are no replacements on the horizon.

What will they do, elevate Cooper or Jennifer to regular cast members?

So many of the episodes involved Kathryn. All the invitegate plots and the arguments they got into.

They probably filmed a lot of scenes not involving her or others not even discussing her but they didn't show too many such scenes.

So getting her off the show may not be too easy.

• Love 1

Last season T-Rav said he would never do this show again, how it ruined his campaign, etc. But here he is. There is no show without Kathryn and Thomas. Bravo knows they hit gold with these two. The dysfunction is what makes such great TV. I guarantee Bravo doesn't give a damn about protecting those kids. See every child ever featured on this network, most notably the Guidice kids. But, hell, I'm not being sanctimonious about it. I will be the first one tuning in for the T-Rav and Wrathryn drama. I don't think I would watch the show without them. The ENTIRE rest of the cast and season storylines are filler: Landon pitching half-formed ideas to Lockhart Steele,  Cameran wondering whether something is wrong with her for not wanting a baby, Craig not taking the bar and doing the bare minimum work effort, Shep not committing, Whitney snickering to mommy. Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. Filler until the T-Rav and Kathryn scenes.

• Love 5

I'm in the minority because I fast forward during Kathryn's scenes. Her leg humpers, though, are rabidly devoted to her and will Twitter-rage at cast members who they believe have attacked her. There are some absolutely insane posts defending her on Twitter and Instagram as a paragon of maternal virtue. 

Patricia posted that she isn't doing the reunion. Right now she is in California, hanging with Lisa Vanderpump and  Ken. Pictures on her Instagram. Psst, by the way you don't need Instagram or Twitter to see what they're up to. Just google or bing search it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

I'm in the minority because I fast forward during Kathryn's scenes. Her leg humpers, though, are rabidly devoted to her and will Twitter-rage at cast members who they believe have attacked her. There are some absolutely insane posts defending her on Twitter and Instagram as a paragon of maternal virtue. 

Patricia posted that she isn't doing the reunion. Right now she is in California, hanging with Lisa Vanderpump and  Ken. Pictures on her Instagram. Psst, by the way you don't need Instagram or Twitter to see what they're up to. Just google or bing search it.

I'm in the minority with you then, because I FF past Kathryn's ravings and self-indulgent speeches as well.

• Love 3