Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Wow, it looks truly godawful and that comparatively unattractive cast seems about as charming as bad dinner theater---and I say this as a regular Savannah visitor who was looking quite forward to this spin-off. Hope it plays out better than that trailer comes off, because those folks seem to reek of cheap cologne/desperation.

The trailer certainly took the "Charm" out of the equation. 

• Love 3

Well, they have a Catherine, someone who scandalized his family, and a guy if you squint enough could be a relative of Shep. Who am I kidding? I will watch this show no matter how boring the preview was.

• Love 6

Landon is getting quite a colorful collection of comments on her recent "friendship" post on Instagram:

She even tagged Kathryn on it originally. I found the whole post oddly amusing.

(edited)
15 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

She even tagged Kathryn on it originally. I found the whole post oddly amusing.

Seriously??? I didn't see that tag anymore. Landon really knows to pour more gasoline into a burning fire. I'm sure she knows what she's doing. I wonder if she and Thomas got back together.

EDIT: Here is a short clip of Landon and Thomas for tonight's premiere. She's frustrated that they can't be friendly, apparently:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/landon-clements-thomas-ravenel-reunite-on-southern-charm-season-4-premiere-w474669

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Here's another recap of someone who has seen the premiere episode:

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/04/147952/southern-charm-season-4-premiere-recap-episode-1

For a writer who's just been introduced to the show, she sure got this part hilariously correct.

Next up is Whitney, who lives with his martini-drinking mom named Patricia, an ex-New York socialite delightfully jaded by her opulent lifestyle, butler and all. Together, they are a confusing duo. Their set-up that feels part Norman Bates and part Grey Gardens

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ProudMary said:

For a writer who's just been introduced to the show, she sure got this part hilariously correct.

It was a really funny article. Would enjoy hearing from this writer again.

• Love 1

I do not believe Thomas and Jennifer slept together. He's a scoundrel, but Jennifer and Lee have been a steadfast couple and parents to their new child. Kathryn is full of shit, period. Trying to stay relevant when you've been shut out is one thing, but dragging others down into your own mud only makes Kathryn look cheap.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I do not believe Thomas and Jennifer slept together. He's a scoundrel, but Jennifer and Lee have been a steadfast couple and parents to their new child. Kathryn is full of shit, period. Trying to stay relevant when you've been shut out is one thing, but dragging others down into your own mud only makes Kathryn look cheap.

I thought that last season Thomas and Jennifer both admitted to hooking up? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

If they did it was scripted for ratings. She and Lee have a longterm good relationship.

They confirmed the hook up happened when Kathryn was pregnant with Kenzie. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that was the time frame they admitted to. I don't believe this was just admitted on the show either. I believe TRav admitted to it on social media as well. 

I thought that Jennifer and her significant other were just friends right before she got pregnant? I am pretty sure that is what she stated in a few interviews too. Maybe they were together longer?

• Love 1

I thought the whole thing was cooked up to get people talking that maybe Thomas was the father of Jennifer's baby. Jennifer and Lee have been together for about 10 years, I was told, but kept their relationship off the show as he wanted no part of it.

I just listened to Shep's podcast at the Daily Dish and he gave some interesting things to look out to this season. Apparently, he and Landon are not on good terms in real life at the moment, and it's something that happened during filming. Also looks like Thomas isn't only Landon's romantic entanglement this season, because she apparently "adopted" Austen as her new Shep, all the while while Austen is dating another woman, Chelsea (the one from Survivor).

• Love 1

Thomas begins to opine about how his children have caused him to consider his own mortality and what happens to them after he’s gone. Well, they will probably move into the main house, for one thing, and get Craig to build a suitable coffin with his newfound carpentry skills

I'm dying laughing!!!

• Love 3
On 4/4/2017 at 8:55 PM, corter20 said:

They confirmed the hook up happened when Kathryn was pregnant with Kenzie. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that was the time frame they admitted to. I don't believe this was just admitted on the show either. I believe TRav admitted to it on social media as well. 

I thought that Jennifer and her significant other were just friends right before she got pregnant? I am pretty sure that is what she stated in a few interviews too. Maybe they were together longer?

I thought they confirmed the hook up too, but then I remembered when Snowden popped up here and denied it.

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/28809-meet-a-cast-member-jennifer-snowden-qa/#comment-2187606

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

This site will never win a Pulitzer but they've included tweets from Jennifer, Liz, and Naomi so I'm thinking this may one of the Insquisitr's more accurate reports. 

http://www.inquisitr.com/4124667/jennifer-snowdens-shocking-claims-about-kathryn-dennis-drug-use-and-child-custody-with-thomas-ravenel/

The best thing I found out from that article is that Cooper is back on Twitter!  He had gotten himself kicked off Twitter a while back and I hadn't checked to see if he was back on.  Now I know!  I love following his tweets.

On April 9, 2017 at 6:55 AM, Major Bigtime said:

I bought some things from Cooper on Ebay. Good guy, he packs well.

I see he's back on Twitter. I followed him until there was a big brouhaha over him having multiple accounts and pretending like he didn't. He was banned for several months, apparently. Gave me a negative impression of him that I'm not sure he can erase.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RedHawk said:

I see he's back on Twitter. I followed him until there was a big brouhaha over him having multiple accounts and pretending like he didn't. He was banned for several months, apparently. Gave me a negative impression of him that I'm not sure he can erase.

Ditto.

Thomas used this line during the preview, but he repeats it here again:

http://people.com/tv/southern-charm-thomas-ravenel-kathryn-dennis-landon-clements/

“I want a woman who feels privileged to be with me because they know me and they know my character and they know that I tell the truth and I’m honest,” he shares.

“In this quest, given my checkered past, I think it’s going to take a special woman who’s going to be able to accept that,” he adds, “and I think I deserve no less.”

Ugh, this ass really thinks he's such a prize and all that. Along with Shep's early storyline this season of having that one mystical woman who could tame him, I feel for all the "special women" in Charleston if these assholes are the ultimate prizes there.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Thomas used this line during the preview, but he repeats it here again:

http://people.com/tv/southern-charm-thomas-ravenel-kathryn-dennis-landon-clements/

Ugh, this ass really thinks he's such a prize and all that. Along with Shep's early storyline this season of having that one mystical woman who could tame him, I feel for all the "special women" in Charleston if these assholes are the ultimate prizes there.

Sad thing is, with his money and celebrity, there probably are women throwing themselves at him.

A couple of seasons ago, at one event, women were encircling him to get selfies taken.

Thats probably a reason he does the show, the fame must attract some types of women.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, scrb said:

Sad thing is, with his money and celebrity, there probably are women throwing themselves at him.

A couple of seasons ago, at one event, women were encircling him to get selfies taken.

Thats probably a reason he does the show, the fame must attract some types of women.

Well, those are the women he deserves. 

Not that mystical, super-special woman who deserves much better than him. 

• Love 6

Kathryn is either delusional, or still using, or both:

“The most contact I’ve had so far has been with Craig and Naomie on the phone when they were in the car,” says Kathryn. “I’m not sure why I came back for season four if this is how it’s going to be.”

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/04/17/southern-charm-kathryn-dennis-is-disappointed-at-her-lack-of-screen-time-this-season/

No shit sherlock, you're not in the earlier episodes because they started filming while you were still in rehab. It's actually already generous of production to include clips of you which were clearly shot later than the earlier episodes' filming schedule to be able to include you in the first few episodes.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, scrb said:

So what business is it of hers whom Thomas sleeps with these days?

Kathryn has this delusion that because Thomas had kids with her, that she owns him forever. One of the wisest things probably said in this silly, dumb show was when Cameran told Kathryn, you and Thomas are not together, so you have to get used to the fact that he will eventually be dating someone else, whether that's Landon or another woman.

Jennifer confirmed that baptism this past Sunday, although she wasn't able to go as she had family in town.

• Love 2

That explains her shady tweet on Monday night about "Laura" being a coke dealer. She was determined to get back at Thomas one way or another after her Christening debacle. Funniest part was that after she made the tweet people immediately replied to her "Well, you would know best!"

• Love 5

Tamara Tattles has more on the story. Apparently, the FITSNEWS article was a very kind edit of what happened:

Kathryn got physical with the nanny and her 20-year-old daughter while accusing her of sleeping with Thomas, according to my sources.

Kathryn was belligerent throughout the service. It seems that Thomas chose godparents for Saint. When the godfather stood up to participate in the service, Kathryn yelled out at the priest screaming, “He’s a cocaine dealer!”

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/04/18/sources-report-kathryn-dennis-was-thrown-out-of-saints-christening-on-easter-sunday/

• Love 1