Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

I think someone posted on another thread how much of this show seems to take place on Twitter. Unofficially following this crew has turned me into fans of people I wasn't originally fond of (i.e. Patrica) or turned me off completely (I.e. Jennifer, Cooper.) Speaking of Twitter, I can't get over the level of vitriol leveled at these guys - particularly Kathryn's fans to whoever they think has wronged/maligned her. This week it's Landon.  Look, I like to snark on this crew just as much as if not more than most humans but I do it here...anonymously and behind their backs, like a decent couch potato. 

• Love 4

Seriously, this group on Twitter is pretty eye opening. Cooper seems to be digging himself a huge Twitter related trench regarding his relationship with Patricia. His insistence that he's part of old Charleston and Patricia is not is really tiresome, as is insistence that he is a true southern gentleman.  Kathryn's Twitter fans (someone called them leg humpers in another thread) are the nastiest trolls going. They're particularly virulent towards Landon.  Again, I continue to be shocked by the nastiness directed at the cast. 

The Betches have really funny Southern Charm recaps and I love Charleston City Paper's Confessions of a Southern Charm Newbie recaps written by Dustin Waters. Charleston City Paper actually offers two recaps but I find those written by Stephanie Barda dour and humorless.

(edited)

It's Friday evening, around 7:30 Charleston time.

Thomas Ravenel is currently tweeting up a storm of Kathryn insults, if you'd like to follow in real time! He must have hit up Happy Hour! 

Edited by Emme
  • Love 3

Seriously, T-Rav's online drunken rampages are the stuff of legend. Between the Instagram hookup selfies, angry tweets and Facebook rages, he just keeps bringing the hilarity.

My personal fave drunken Instagram video that he quickly yanked down was Kathryn twerking as he jeered at her...it perfectly summed up their entire relationship, her displaying her "physicality" for a dirty old man and all. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, scrb said:

Going by the much higher number of posts this season compared to S2, it seems a lot more people are watching the show now.

Yup.  

Dang, I forgot that it pays to check his Twitter feed during the broadcast of the show and afterward when he's probably had a few drinks.

What was he going off about this time?

When you see Thomas tweeting or posting on FB, please, please, please quote him because inevitably his thoughts will be removed by the time we hear about it.

Anyway, the Charleston City Paper's Southern Charm Newbie has me laughing out loud with this week's installment.

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/HolyCinema/archives/2016/05/24/confessions-of-a-southern-charm-newbie-ep-8

Just a little taste:

While making his trip to the West, Whitney has invited all his Charleston pals to come stay with him. This upsets the apple cart in a number of ways. Shep wants to invite Craig. Kathryn is upset that Thomas wants to leave town the week before their child arrives. Thomas apologizes with a flower arrangement and a note that simply reads, “I’m very sorry.” I feel like Thomas has a stockpile of identical cards that he just hands out to everyone in Charleston. This is probably the first thing he says when he meets someone: “Hello, my name is Thomas Ravenel, and I am very sorry.”

Also golden, his imaginary meeting with Patricia at the bank.  Enjoy!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Is this  blind item about JD? Sounds as if it is:

http://blindgossip.com/?p=78794#more-78794

It says that he's NOT a Southerner, and I think JD actually is a southerner, so I'm not sure why they would say that. Also "word on the street" made me think of RH of Potomac. Gizelle's tag line is "Word on the street is I'm the word on the street." She's divorced--or at least separated. But, really, my thought was the woman on that show who's married to the Australlian guy. He's not a southerner (although from the Southern Hemisphere) and he's been called not a gentleman by everyone on the show. I think they vaguely referenced various businesses, including a couple of restaurants. Another option on that show is "the black Bill Gates," as his wife calls him, but they never specified what makes him "the black Bill Gates."

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 0:31 AM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Without taking a political position as to Calhoun, the irony is incredibly deep at USC.

He is most famous for his intense defense of the concept of "nullification."  States retained the right to secede - especially if there be some constitutional grievance of a federal overreach under this theory.  What is USC thinking of doing?  Nullifying their connection with Calhoun!

On a personal note...One of the most pleasurable afternoons I have ever spent was at a library in the famous USC Horsehoe campus area.  I read some of Calhoun's speeches and snippets of his writings.   Whatever one may think of his beliefs, he was a master at communicating such.  

Its going to be fun when the revisionists and book burners are clued in to the fact that George Washington was a slave owner.

So that article seems to confirm that K is pulling six figures from SC, as Whitney and Thomas both tweeted previously. A six figure income plus living rent free plus ignoring repeated attempts at a financial settlement, yet she's complained she can't pay the utilities? FFS.

Someone get those poor kids away from The Thomas & Kathryn Show, stat.

• Love 5

If the judge is smart, he'll order them to keep Kensie and Saint not only off social media but the show as well. If the judge is smart and totally wants to be my forever hero, he'll order their asshat parents to do exactly the same for themselves. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

So according to Fitsnews (gross, blergh) Thomas is suing Kathryn for visitation and court dates have been set for this month. http://www.fitsnews.com/2016/06/04/thomas-ravenel-addresses-lawsuit-against-kathryn-dennis/

I normally think it's awful when two adults have to go to court in order to settle how to support and raise their children, but in this case, hallelujah! It's about time an adult in an official capacity gave them some direct, binding orders. 

• Love 6

If Thomas is indeed the slightly more emotionally mature and mentally healthy of the two, then I wish he'd stop with the social media war and take ALL this private. Isn't there one person in his life who can convince him that his drunk-tweeting and blame-casting via Facebook posts only makes him look equally as bad as Kathryn? 

If what he says is true, then he should document everything to show to the court. Keep receipts for the rent payments and other items for the kids (like the changing table). Send written requests to visit the children and keep copies of them and of her responses. If he does get a date and time to see them, show up and document that he showed up. Stop partying and tomcatting around if it is what he's doing while accusing her of doing basically the same (staying out until 6:00 a.m., etc.). If a nanny is with the children, Kathryn can do what she wants, just like Thomas probably goes out at night even when the kids (and their nanny) are staying with him -- in his guesthouse. He really is a fool if he can't get a handle on his own behavior long enough to convince a judge he's responsible and reliable.

• Love 7

The thing with the guesthouse is that, according to Thomas in one of his myriad public statements, he stays in it with the kids. Due to the renos in the main house he had the guest house made totally kid friendly so they would have a safer space while they are visiting. Who to believe...

I think both of them need to heed their attorneys, shut the fuck up and behave like the grown-ass parents they chose to be when they brought two kids into this world. Last night Thomas addressed a tweet to Andy Cohen and Kathryn stating he would not attend the reunion because he refuses to film with someone who won't let him see his kids. He deleted it within an hour. Kathryn, meanwhile, accused Landon of making multiple twitter accounts to harass her, accused Thomas of doing molly, and made a vulgar comment about Patricia's nether regions. They're both unhinged, if you ask me.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, glowlights said:

Last night Thomas addressed a tweet to Andy Cohen and Kathryn stating he would not attend the reunion because he refuses to film with someone who won't let him see his kids. He deleted it within an hour. Kathryn, meanwhile, accused Landon of making multiple twitter accounts to harass her, accused Thomas of doing molly, and made a vulgar comment about Patricia's nether regions. They're both unhinged, if you ask me.

I almost wish I had a Twitter account just to keep up with this ridiculous soap opera.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

OMG! Those recaps are hilariously brilliant and/or brilliantly hilarious! I just laughed my way through every single one, but I had to stop my life to laugh for 5 minutes straight over this line:

[Craig]'ll make a great bourbon magnate/attorney because what all great lawyers have in common is their desire to sell liquor. That is why Matlock was always working to perfect his famous bathtub gin and why Atticus Finch opened a margarita bar called — wait for it — Tequila Mockingbird.

Tequila Mockingbird!

• Love 3
(edited)

Another TV board I frequently lurk on is currently digesting this douchetastic Instagram pic that Craig recently posted, then very quickly deleted a'la Thomas. I think it was one of those gross streams of thought pics that many dudebros share in a moment of boozy bliss, and then hastily have to get rid of as soon as they sober up and realize how stupid they look:

http://gomiblog.com/forums/gomi-tv/southern-charmed/page-51/?p2958836

((I'd just link the pic here but it was shared via another user's TinyPic account---scroll down near the bottom to take its douchey splendor in))

Oh Craig...I genuinely worry for this dude sometimes. I understand wanting to enjoy all the riches of life that fleeting reality fame can afford you, but hopefully he knows this is just a brief moment in the sun and that he'll need to remain employable after this carnival ride finally ends.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 1

I could see this battle between Kathryn and Thomas playing out in a similar way to Generosa and Ted Ammon. Kathryn is somewhat younger than Generosa, but she may turn the kids against him when they get a little older. Throw in the custody battle and add Kathryn dating a contractor and you have a nearly identical dysfunctional family! Hopefully, they or someone they know reads this and will see it as a cautionary tale.

If you're curious, the children of Generosa and Ted have turned out fairly well. They actually made a documentary on their life called "59 Middle Lane." They have a business called Big Flower.

• Love 1
On June 10, 2016 at 1:19 PM, Babyfoot said:

http://www.fitsnews.com/2016/06/09/reports-kathryn-dennis-failed-drug-test/

Not the most reliable of sources, but also Patricia re-tweeted this.

So when are we going to hear the results of Thomas' drug test? Don't tell me that the judge didn't also order him -- a convicted drug user -- to take one. I knew this would be a maximum messy court case. I wonder if -- when Whitney, Landon, and Cameran are on WWHL on Monday night -- they will be allowed to say anything about it. 

Anyone know if the reunion has been filmed yet? I'm guess it's to air on June 27.

• Love 1

I have friends who know them, both were required to take a drug test.  Hair clippings which show drug use as far back as 6 months. Thomas was negative, Kathryn tested positive for pot and coke. And yes she was doing drugs during both pregnancies. Those kids are nothing but a dollar sign for her, I'm glad the truth has come out.

• Love 2

Hmm, wonder if Thomas can abstain from alcohol when he has the kids.

At this point, she might be willing to give up full custody if she can't get Thomas to pay more.  Maybe full custody for a one-time payment.

Wonder if any of this will be in the reunion show.

If not, Bravo needs to rush a fourth season for premier in the fall.  Didn't they kind of rush season 2 less than a year after season 1 premiered?

3 hours ago, scrb said:

Hmm, wonder if Thomas can abstain from alcohol when he has the kids.

At this point, she might be willing to give up full custody if she can't get Thomas to pay more.  Maybe full custody for a one-time payment.

Wonder if any of this will be in the reunion show.

If not, Bravo needs to rush a fourth season for premier in the fall.  Didn't they kind of rush season 2 less than a year after season 1 premiered?

I feel the opposite. If the story is true and Kathryn loses custody I hope both she and Thomas will be dropped from the show. I don't want to see them. Thomas needs to get on with his life and be an adult parent to his kids, not a Bravolebrity. Kathryn needs rehab. 

4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I have friends who know them, both were required to take a drug test.  Hair clippings which show drug use as far back as 6 months. Thomas was negative, Kathryn tested positive for pot and coke. And yes she was doing drugs during both pregnancies. Those kids are nothing but a dollar sign for her, I'm glad the truth has come out.

That's disgusting. Seriously she makes her whole image and relevance about being a mother and these babies. But is drinking, smoking, getting high on weed and blow while pregnant and raising a toddler. She gets hundreds of thousands a yr and has a full time nanny, but still out there turning tricks for a snort rather than focused on her kids, their health, and keeping the lights on. 

That baby boy better not have any oh her birth defects than the low birth weight. 

• Love 2