Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

I think a number of his cast mates are going to be given a wee dose of comeuppance. 

Who are they going to go after next? Kathryn is hardly on the scene anymore. Craig has passed the bar. Cameran being pregnant will be off limits. How much can be said of the dolphin who thinks it's a land mammal? Shep has abandoned ship for his own show. If the gossip is correct TRav will be moving to where people don't see what goes on in his home life...the country y'all. Whitney is too important being bi-coastal and his mother doesn't give a damm as long as Michael continues to make her martinis the correct way. Hmmm...Austin? He needs more of a story line than just being Shep's shadow. Who am I missing? 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, politichick said:

I am so ashamed that I've been back and forth in this thread this afternoon checking for the results. He's actually one of my least favorites on the show but I'm still pleased for him. Well done, Craig!

Pretty much exactly how I feel, but as I've been in his shoes waiting on Bar results, I had empathy for him.   I'm not going to lie, I wasn't feeling to optimistic for him.

• Love 4

Just saw the title for our next episode. 'Craig of all trades...Master of none'. Uhh...too late to change that production? I wonder if anyone feels badly about giving him the edit that led us to believe that he'd always be a ner' do well.

You can be sure that Naomie is dancing for joy. Good for her for not giving up on him. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think a number of his cast mates are going to be given a wee dose of comeuppance. 

Who are they going to go after next? Kathryn is hardly on the scene anymore. Craig has passed the bar. Cameran being pregnant will be off limits. How much can be said of the dolphin who thinks it's a land mammal? Shep has abandoned ship for his own show. If the gossip is correct TRav will be moving to where people don't see what goes on in his home life...the country y'all. Whitney is too important being bi-coastal and his mother doesn't give a damm as long as Michael continues to make her martinis the correct way. Hmmm...Austin? He needs more of a story line than just being Shep's shadow. Who am I missing? 

In my opinion his cast mates had every right to question his motivation to be a lawyer.   He flat out lied about graduating from law school when he hadn't.    He mailed an application to take the exam when he knew he couldn't take it.   I'm very interested to see how much of his career will actually involve being a lawyer.  It seems that he has a number of other interests.

• Love 2
Just now, AttackTurtle said:

In my opinion his cast mates had every right to question his motivation to be a lawyer.   He flat out lied about graduating from law school when he hadn't.    He mailed an application to take the exam when he knew he couldn't take it.   I'm very interested to see how much of his career will actually involve being a lawyer.  It seems that he has a number of other interests.

Oh I don't dispute anything that you've said. He is not clean as a whistle. It could be, however, that all of that happening is what lit the fire under his butt so that he did put the effort into studying and passing the bar. 

• Love 3
On 4/22/2017 at 10:35 AM, Major Bigtime said:

I don't have to think about it. I am good friends with people who know him well. He is acting a role on this show, is pissed off that the good side is rarely shown, and works hard to take care of his children.

Well then he is a complete moron for agreeing to be portrayed as such a horrible father.

Hum, he had a good side on season one, that ship has sailed.....

• Love 2

He's a good person because a passing aquaintance was paid said so. Good enough for me. Completely Erases all the Damage he has done in his life that he has gotten away with because Daddy has money. Admiration, le sigh.

• Love 1
(edited)

Dang. It's sad for the children not to have a sober loving mother in their life but she brought this upon herself. 

It was a choice she made to partake. 

Choices have consequences. 

P.S. @Major Bigtime  Thx for the clickable link 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added P.S.
  • Love 5

I know that Kathryn is largely credited with the success of this show, but I have never been entertained by her storyline.   Bravo needs to cut her off.  There is nothing entertaining about seeing two young children become detached from thier mother (no matter how hard she tries to spin this for the media, Court records clearly show she is in bad shape).  Not since the suicide of Russell Armstrong have I been this alarmed by a storyline on Bravo.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I know that Kathryn is largely credited with the success of this show, but I have never been entertained by her. 

Agreed. I was so excited for this new season when they originally announced she wouldn't be back, then disappointed when they walked that back. 

• Love 6

It's nice to see that Thomas is being regularly drug-tested, too. At least he hasn't been able to (or maybe he hasn't chosen to?) use his connections to avoid that. Maybe he's smart enough to realize it would really make him look bad if he managed to weasel out of regular drug-testing.

• Love 3

Thomas could be smart and just be doing the drugs that leave the system after 3-4 days like cocaine. This is only if he's on a schedule. Are they doing follicle testing on him? If so my theory wouldn't work. I still don't trust him...gut feeling. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Was there any doubt she'd fail....again? I feel so badly for her children. Get your shit together, Kathryn, before they are off in college.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/04/30/southerncharm-kathryn-dennis-fails-new-drug-test-and-loses-all-rights-to-her-kids/

There's a day earlier article about almost the same thing but has some additional details. Apparently Kathryn took a huge paycut just to be back in Season 4:

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/04/28/kathryn-dennis-loses-lucrative-endorsement-deals-southerncharm-paycheck-cut/

This is in direct contrast to Kathryn bragging earlier about how the show couldn't go on without her and how production had no other choice to bring her back or else they wouldn't have a show. This was back during when the crew already started filming without her and a few weeks later news broke out that she signed a new contract. Seems the begging was really the other way around.

Back then I did believe Kathryn. Because she does make the show and she is in the major storyline. I thought she might have even gotten to negotiate a higher paycheck in exchange of more juicy stories for Season 4. However, it's really getting hard to believe what her drug-addled mind spews out. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Was there any doubt she'd fail....again? I feel so badly for her children. Get your shit together, Kathryn, before they are off in college.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/04/30/southerncharm-kathryn-dennis-fails-new-drug-test-and-loses-all-rights-to-her-kids/

As long as Kathryn doesn't show up stoned to supervised visitation, it would seem she should be able to see the children once a week.  I have little sympathy for her as she ransomed the children in the beginning and either because she is on a reality TV show, or has a deep seated emotional problem she is unable to comport herself with any degree of civility.  I hope her parents are able to see the children without a lot of ensuing drama.   Something tells me if she sobers up there will be a lifetime of Kathryn and her issues bestowed upon the children. 

• Love 6

@slowpoked Thx for the clickable link 

I can't believe she became abusive to the crew (camera smashing, cigarette throwing). Where is her mind? This show is her only bread and butter. 

Still, 

Spoiler

I can't wait to see the blowout between her and Jennifer Snowden. I'm sure that Bravo wanted their money's worth so it's sure to be a train wreck!! 

• Love 2

I actually feel very sorry for her.  Addiction is a terrible disease, especially because it is often viewed as a moral failing.  She is not a bad person, she is a very sick person.  It is a family disease, in that all members of an addict's family will be affected by the disease - Kathryn and the kids are suffering now.  

• Love 9
(edited)

I thought Shep is this some wordly, smart, intelligent dude. For a self-proclaimed smart, tested-high-in-the SATs guy though, he completely missed the point of the IOP's city council simple objection to his dating show:

In a statement, Rose said he was "of course disappointed" about the city’s decision. He also said he would like to see local and state officials be more open to the film and television industry at the risk of losing that business — and the "bright, creative people" who work in it — to neighboring states friendlier to it.

“No one argues that Charleston is changing rapidly, but roadblocking commerce out of pettiness or misplaced nostalgia is a dangerous precedent to set,” he said. “We all love it here, due in no small part to there being a sense of generous spirit. Let's hope that this is but a minor blip on the screen.”

http://www.moultrienews.com/news/iop-resoundingly-denies-new-request-to-film-bravo-show-on/article_b7e301da-2b65-11e7-8fc3-5be9eccf0d2b.html

Ah, no. It's pretty clear they didn't block your show out of pettiness and some nostalgia. They blocked your show because of your debauched and promiscuous ways. I don't think wanting to have IOP clean of STDs is some kind of "misplaced nostalgia" on the part of those old, grumpy IOP council members.

And I'm sure if Steven Spielberg decides to make the next Oscar-winning film in IOP, the city council members wouldn't object. They're not objecting to the industry itself, they're objecting to the trash you would be spreading with your show.

What a brat. The fame has obviously gone to his head. Whatever "character" he's playing on the show, he's revealing to be his actual true colors.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I actually feel very sorry for her.  Addiction is a terrible disease, especially because it is often viewed as a moral failing.  She is not a bad person, she is a very sick person.  It is a family disease, in that all members of an addict's family will be affected by the disease - Kathryn and the kids are suffering now.  

I don't feel sorry for her at all. While addiction is a terrible disease, it's a disease to which she consciously chose to subject herself. I have empathy for people  who are victimized  by plenty of (most of, in fact!) other  diseases - just not for  those  diseases which people consciously choose: STD's, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc. And I recognize that now that she's an addict that it's  very difficult to get out from under it. However, she was aware of these facts - at least at an intellectual level - before going in. For those people  who get serious  about getting out from under these diseases, they deserve all the help and support we can give them (on a societal, as well as personal, level). Until then, they aren't worth investing in; not in terms of time, emotional, financial or any other resource you care to name. Personal responsibility: Eventually, the buck has to stop here.

• Love 2

^^^ Yikes.  I hope the view is nice from up there.

Addiction isn't a disease we choose, it chooses us.  We are not morally bankrupt or lacking in character - there just happens to be some fucked up brain chemistry going on, and it is an affliction, just like any other medical condition.

Katheryn is young, and can hopefully turn this around.  I'm not going to turn blue holding my breath, though.  

T-Rav is even more worrisome.  He's due for a liver transplant in 3-2-1 ...

• Love 23

You can't blame addicts for everything they do.

OTOH, you can't completely absolve them because addiction is a disease.

Was Katherine under the influence or just out of control when she pursued getting on the show and then sleeping with 3 of the male cast members?

Was she acting out when she let herself get pregnant twice, under the belief that Thomas would marry her?

Does she not get any blame for mistreating the crew (spitting at them, throwing cigarettes at them) or for screaming at Landon and Thomas repeatedly because she had a drug problem?

If I were the victims, I might support her getting treatment but I'd never forgive her and would try to get far away from her as possible.

• Love 7
(edited)

walnut queen 100 hearts to you~!

i was going to post to mrs smith 'wow' just 'wow!  but rl got in the way

oh, just to be clear, i don't absolve katherine of her behaviors because she is an addict.

Edited by jaybird2
for clarity
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, scrb said:

You can't blame addicts for everything they do.

OTOH, you can't completely absolve them because addiction is a disease.

Was Katherine under the influence or just out of control when she pursued getting on the show and then sleeping with 3 of the male cast members?

Was she acting out when she let herself get pregnant twice, under the belief that Thomas would marry her?

Does she not get any blame for mistreating the crew (spitting at them, throwing cigarettes at them) or for screaming at Landon and Thomas repeatedly because she had a drug problem?

If I were the victims, I might support her getting treatment but I'd never forgive her and would try to get far away from her as possible.

She's; a witch/bitch and the WORST example of an addict,  Plus, she has red hair & freckles, so I am biologically programmed to hate her.  BUT ... T-Rav is the villain, as is Whitney & oh so clean Cameron.  Greek chorus, my ass.  Bitch be throwing some Southern shade  Crapballs, now y'all are making me feel sorry for Krazy K.

• Love 1

hey walnut queen!  i resemble that remark! lol..........i have red hair and freckles

i even won a silver dollar from the cisco kid for having the most freckles  (i still have it)

• Love 1

Thanks for the hearts, but I almost always agree with MRSmith, and this just goes to show we can have differing opinions without becoming contentious or obnoxious.

Obstreperous?  I'll take that hit all day and six times on Sunday, just because it is my favorite word.  :-)

• Love 1

walnut queen,

wAtch out if cameron  says 'well bless your heart'

besides being red headed freckle face i'm also very, very southern (we're proud of our crazy relatives)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

hey walnut queen!  i resemble that remark! lol..........i have red hair and freckles

i even won a silver dollar from the cisco kid for having the most freckles  (i still have it)

Fuckballs - now I need to make amends to  you and every redhead I ever dissed.  Blame it on a childhood trauma  involving a big old scary doll who happened to have red hair. (And cemented into my frail psyche when dear old stepdaddy fucked a red-haired harlot "secretary" while my Mum was in labor with my awful baby bro -  this old girl has a WORLD of issues!!

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Kathryn is truly cold as ice in the clip from the article.    Thomas handing Jennifer a handkerchief  triggered Kathryn's latest blood feud?  I can see she is not going for the sympathy vote.

• Love 5
On 4/30/2017 at 7:33 PM, AttackTurtle said:

I know that Kathryn is largely credited with the success of this show, but I have never been entertained by her storyline.   Bravo needs to cut her off.  There is nothing entertaining about seeing two young children become detached from thier mother (no matter how hard she tries to spin this for the media, Court records clearly show she is in bad shape).  Not since the suicide of Russell Armstrong have I been this alarmed by a storyline on Bravo.  

Well, when they get around to doing that with Kim Richards, I will believe Bravo has its participants' best interests at heart.  I don't see that happening.  Ever.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, b2H said:

Well, when they get around to doing that with Kim Richards, I will believe Bravo has its participants' best interests at heart.  I don't see that happening.  Ever.

Kim's role has definitely been downsized over the years & Kim hasn't had toddlers relying on her since RHOBH started.  But I agree Kim is terrible & has always made me uncomfortable to watch.  Much like Kathryn.

• Love 5