Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

That one's a lot of fun. The statue of Jack Daniels! I do admire her caftan style and when I am an old lady will also switch to caftans, a cute little clutch, and very expensive and comfortable shoes.

Whitney has managed with this show to make all the participants famous except himself. Another fine achievement from Renob boy!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Maybe Kathryn has already been given her walking papers, and that's what this big "reveal" the day before the reunion airs is all about. No one wants to film with her.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/06/17/southern-charm-cast-reacts-to-kathryn-dennis-new-reality-following-custody-battle-loss/

How ridiculous are all the tweets trying shame the other cast members for not having compassion for the "addict".  

• Love 2

I'm always continually surprised that KD has fans and that they are so belligerently devoted to her on social media. I was surprised before the news of the failed drug test; now I'm bewildered.

• Love 4

This site purports to list the ratings for each of the 3 seasons:

http://bravowhore.com/SouthernCharm

Words of Wisdom was highest rated in series history.

So you'd think Bravo would renew but compared to probably other Bravo shows, the ratings aren't that great.

However it seems comparable to Million Dollar Listing NY, which has had several seasons and at least on this site, the ratings shown are higher than the RHW of Dallas, which just aired its first season right after Southern Charm.

• Love 1

Interesting that the next court date -- where the judge will make a final ruling on custody -- will be 2 days after the reunion airs. (IIRC court date is June 29.)

I wonder if, being aware of that,  Thomas was a little more circumspect in his behavior during the reunion, in case the judge might watch the show to see how Kathryn and Thomas behave and what they might say about the custody case. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/17/2016 at 8:10 AM, Babyfoot said:

In the meantime, while the KD and her baby daddy are all over questionable gossip sites, Patricia has been getting regular coverage from Town & Country: http://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/a6429/patricia-altschul-dating-advice/

On 6/17/2016 at 8:14 AM, Babyfoot said:

Patricia is a highly educated woman - with tons of high-end connections.  Nice that Town and Country and Vogue are giving nods to her. Makes sense.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Altschul

Whitney is no intellectual slouch either.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Sudler-Smith

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Interesting that the next court date -- where the judge will make a final ruling on custody -- will be 2 days after the reunion airs. (IIRC court date is June 29.)

I wonder if, being aware of that,  Thomas was a little more circumspect in his behavior during the reunion, in case the judge might watch the show to see how Kathryn and Thomas behave and what they might say about the custody case. 

Then why in the hell is Kathryn promising to unveil the veil the day before the reunion airs? Good lord, woman, buy a clue.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Then why in the hell is Kathryn promising to unveil the veil the day before the reunion airs? Good lord, woman, buy a clue.

I should have checked before I posted. According to the gossip site, their next court date is Monday, June 27, the day the reunion airs. 

So I guess Kathryn thinks she and her lawyer(s) have sonething on Thomas that will somehow turn things in her favor, vindicate her, or otherwise make Thomas look bad. And that will be her big pre-reunion announcement. Hmmm... She may be playing with fire as far as show renewal, or her part in it, is concerned. Not to mention custody of her children. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Jextella said:

Patricia is a highly educated woman - with tons of high-end connections.  Nice that Town and Country and Vogue are giving nods to her. Makes sense.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Altschul

Whitney is no intellectual slouch either.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Sudler-Smith

Except for Kathryn and Cameran (?), most of the Charmers are decently educated. I do have to note that while Whitney may have studied at Oxford and in Paris, he only has one degree - from George Washington.

• Love 1
(edited)

Note that the writer on RealityTea says that Thomas always appears half-drunk. That was the first thing I thought when the interview started. He claims that he has had to settle down now and not go out drinking because of the custody case. I wish for the sake of his kids -- who could be such a joy and blessing to him as he gets older -- that he'd get sober,  but that seems unlikely. I don't think reality TV fame is good for him.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1
On 6/24/2016 at 1:40 PM, zoeysmom said:

If it's true that Landon made up having sex with Thomas just to enliven the show, that's really shitty of her. Kathryn is a mess, but I think she does have real feelings for Thomas. There is no need to insert some fake fuckery in the middle of this mess of two unstable people who have complicated feelings for each other and are trying to raise two children together.

I don't like Landon mostly because she's entitled and lazy. I would have been fine with her on the show if she did something: a job, a business, a charity. On the off chance this show is renewed, I want Landon gone. There was no need to fuck with Kathryn and Thomas just for a storyline. She's legitimately a jerk now.

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

If it's true that Landon made up having sex with Thomas just to enliven the show, that's really shitty of her. Kathryn is a mess, but I think she does have real feelings for Thomas. There is no need to insert some fake fuckery in the middle of this mess of two unstable people who have complicated feelings for each other and are trying to raise two children together.

I don't like Landon mostly because she's entitled and lazy. I would have been fine with her on the show if she did something: a job, a business, a charity. On the off chance this show is renewed, I want Landon gone. There was no need to fuck with Kathryn and Thomas just for a storyline. She's legitimately a jerk now.

I didn't take it that Landon said (lied) she had sex with Thomas,  more like  she let Kathryn jump to that conclusion,  and of course she( Kathryn)  did. He also said something like they're both  playing it up for airtime. That I do believe. 

I do agree that Landon should stay out the Thomas & Kathryn mess. Even in the clip of  reunion,  Landon jumps in and urges Thomas to prove Kathryn is being dishonest about the drug test.  I thought to myself oh Landon just stay out of it. 

All these people need help.  That Thomas and Kathryn think nothing of over sharing this hot mess that is their life is pretty sad. 

Eta: I don't really know what made Kathryn think Thomas and Landon had sex.   I only know that I've read (maybe on this board)  that Kathryn was upset about some Landon and Thomas pictures taken in London.  They went there separately and ran into each.  I have no idea if Landon actually said something to Kathryn. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kathryn saw pictures of them on Instagram and jumped to that conclusion that isn't Landon implying anything. She denied it to Kathryn's face.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

Thomas also made remarks on the show that could be construed as that he slept with her, or received oral sex from her. He played right along in aggravating Kathryn's jealousy. 

• Love 5

This article has been up on Bravo's Daily Dish for over a week already but I just saw it today and I don't think anyone's linked it here yet.  Thomas evidently had custody of the children during the reunion taping and took them with him (and the nanny) on the flight to NY.  Bill Murray was on the same flight and was playing with Kensie.  The pics are really cute.  She is such a beautiful child.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/kathryn-dennis-thomas-ravenel-daughter-met-bill-murray-pic

• Love 1
On June 25, 2016 at 10:43 PM, ProudMary said:

This article has been up on Bravo's Daily Dish for over a week already but I just saw it today and I don't think anyone's linked it here yet.  Thomas evidently had custody of the children during the reunion taping and took them with him (and the nanny) on the flight to NY.  Bill Murray was on the same flight and was playing with Kensie.  The pics are really cute.  She is such a beautiful child.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/kathryn-dennis-thomas-ravenel-daughter-met-bill-murray-pic

Cute. Thanks for posting. Per T-Rav's own caption, he called his son Saint. Just thought that was interesting because on the show it sounded like they were going to call him Julien. I wonder whether he wanted Saint, she wanted Julien, and now that they're on the outs, they're each calling the kid their preferred name.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Cute. Thanks for posting. Per T-Rav's own caption, he called his son Saint. Just thought that was interesting because on the show it sounded like they were going to call him Julien. I wonder whether he wanted Saint, she wanted Julien, and now that they're on the outs, they're each calling the kid their preferred name.

I hope not! That baby is going to have enough stress dealing with two cuckoo parents at odds with each other. 

And again, what on earth possessed Thomas to name his child "St. Julien" when "Julien" would have served the same purpose? So stupidly pretentious.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been anything about the custody hearing on the 6/27 in the media yet. As much as I like to snark on this mob, I'm seriously hoping that for the sake of their children, the judge has placed a gag order on the proceedings and ordered K&T to keep their twitchy Twitter fingers off all social media.

I was wondering about the emergency hearing as well, but it's still early in the day. My money is on Kathryn spilling the beans if she gets any leverage, but if Thomas is still in the driver's seat he is smart enough to keep quiet. He has his faults, but he loves his kids and will always do what is best for them. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Petunia13 said:

Count down until it's revealed the black eye TRav was sporting earlier episodes was given to him from Kathryn....

Pretty certain there were already articles about it in real time and it occurred at a bar with witnesses. 

http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-3/blogs/the-biggest-reveals-from-the-southern-charm-season-3-reunion

I'm not necessarily a huge Landon fan but the way this article is worded has Landon's accusation that Kathryn failed a drug test as strictly hearsay. The preliminary hearing at the first of the June, shortly before the reunion filmed, was not sealed, and Kathryn did indeed fail a drug test.

I hate the way Bravo coddles their biggest assholes, from Ramona to Vickie to Kathryn.

• Love 4

It is looking like Kathryn might be in rehab in California. She has been missing from social media and the only pictures she has posted are of her in California horseback riding. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Patricia just posted this sweet pic of Thomas and Kensie playing in her pool while she, the nanny, Cameron and Whitney are looking on:

The Kathryn supporters((who are these crazies?)) are actually commenting there that she's being a "mean girl" and posted it "just to antagonize Kathryn." I think it's ridiculous that every time Thomas happens to be pictured on social media with his kids and/or other cast members, some people believe it's posted just to tick off his crazy babymama---they have just as much right to post their social moments together as she does. As Landon once honked to Kuckoo Kathryn, "It's not always about you!"

I am enjoying the shade Patricia is tossing around in the comments---"sorry, but I don't condone drug use or anyone who does them"(although, hmmmm...just how innocent is her son when he's out partying til he pukes while in LA? I don't doubt that he dips into a bit of nose candy now and then). She also mentioned about Thomas, "I still believe he's made some unfortunate life decisions, but I like him...he has a good heart." 

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Patricia just posted this sweet pic of Thomas and Kensie playing in her pool while she, the nanny, Cameron and Whitney are looking on:

The Kathryn supporters((who are these crazies?)) are actually commenting there that she's being a "mean girl" and posted it "just to antagonize Kathryn." I think it's ridiculous that every time Thomas happens to be pictured on social media with his kids and/or other cast members, some people believe it's posted just to tick off his crazy babymama---they have just as much right to post their social moments together as she does. As Landon once honked to Kuckoo Kathryn, "It's not always about you!"

I am enjoying the shade Patricia is tossing around in the comments---"sorry, but I don't condone drug use or anyone who does them"(although, hmmmm...just how innocent is her son when he's out partying til he pukes while in LA? I don't doubt that he dips into a bit of nose candy now and then). She also mentioned about Thomas, "I still believe he's made some unfortunate life decisions, but I like him...he has a good heart." 

The comments are ridiculous.  One actually said that "Kathryn will feel guilty she wasn't there,  while she is off getting help(rehab) . Patricia should rethink posting these pics." 

What a bunch of crazy people.  Kathryn would never have been there. And I'm just still amazed that her "fans"  think everyone should watch what they post,  because it will upset Kathryn. wtf?  If Kathryn can't handle social media maybe she should close all her accounts. 

Is Kathryn is in rehab? great! Get help,  fix your life. Figure out how to live a healthy life and Co parent in a positive way with that douchebag you had those babies with.   

Are Patricia, Landon and Thomas posting pics to annoy Kathryn?  Who knows.  Kathryn has to learn she can't control others only herself.  Her fans should not feed her reasons to be pissed. 

• Love 3

Interesting that Kathryn is getting rehab in SoCal.

Dr. Drew is saying most of the rehab clinics in Malibu are shady.  First they charge too much and many of them are exploiting the female clients by getting them high and having sex with them.

He wasn't commenting about KD, just making a claim about the industry down there.

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

People should be allowed to post whatever photos or comments they want on THEIR own personal social media pages.  If Kathryn gets her feelings hurt, that's on her. Not them. She needs to become an adult.

I would agree the pics shouldn't be posted IF the father was not with the kid.  I think anyone posting kids pics to a public site should get the parents permission first but if Thomas is there parental permission was granted.  

I have a thing about posting kids pics.  I wouldn't even post my niece without clearing it with my sister.  The crazy lady (elder abuser) my family has been legally fighting with used to post pics of my niece on a webpage.  Every now and then we need to check to see if she's done it again (we had them all removed).

• Love 3
18 hours ago, scrb said:

Interesting that Kathryn is getting rehab in SoCal.

Dr. Drew is saying most of the rehab clinics in Malibu are shady.  First they charge too much and many of them are exploiting the female clients by getting them high and having sex with them.

He wasn't commenting about KD, just making a claim about the industry down there.

I've heard the same thing. She probably thought she'd get to hang out with the rich and famous. There are plenty of good, reputable rehab centers here.