Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Bingo

• Start Topic

I assume from the title that Jimmy is looking for elderly clients in a church basement or non-denominational bingo hall. The unlikeliest ally of all would be Howard Hamlin.

In the preview at AMCtv.com, Jimmy & Kim are looking at office space. In the photos, Jimmy's wearing a dark brown suit & what looks like a navy or black suit—hard to tell. At any rate, the suits're neither Matlocky nor Saulish.

Edited by editorgrrl

Cocobolo!

So ... Long convo between Mike and Older Philly cop under the Wanted poster board. Did they make the top row, third from right suspect look like post-Felina Pinkman on purpose?

• Love 3

So, Mike was the unlikely ally. I had no idea what he was doing until he snapped on the black light—and I loved that. I love that TPTB don't spoonfeed us (the audience) information.

Only 3 episodes left this season?! No!

• Love 5

"Imagine The 25th Hour starring Ned and Maude Flanders".  Laughed so damn hard at that.

Seriously, though, Mrs. Kettleman is like Lady Macbeth with out the brains, charm, or likeability.  So seeing her break down was awesome.  Hope her husband goes to supermax prison, I really do.

Mike can be frustrating but he was awesome getting that money.

• Love 13

Mike's adventure tonight reminded me of when he broke into the warehouse in Full Measure.  Similar funky mood music too.   I loved it.  I could easily watch ten seasons of Mike being Jimmy The Lawyer's PI.  A modern day Perry Mason and Paul Drake.

• Love 5

Great episode!

I loved the music when Mike was doing his thing too. So, did Jimmy return all the money? I can't believe he hadn't dipped into it at least a little. I love his relationship with Kim, it breaks my heart.

• Love 7

So, did Jimmy return all the money? I can't believe he hadn't dipped into it at least a little.

He did dip in, to finance the whole billboard scam. I assume the stuff he put back into the Kettlemans' stash was what he had saved from his burgeoning elder law practice. I also assume he was upset at the end because he now didn't have enough to rent the upscale office space or to have Kim join him as partner.

• Love 9

So, did Jimmy return all the money? I can't believe he hadn't dipped into it at least a little. 

I assumed he had dipped into it for his billboard but then paid back the difference with all the money he's been making in elder law. Loved the Kettlemans confusion about elder law. Those two are so lucky they got that deal.

So Jimmy gave his brother those files on purpose to reignite his interest in law, right?

ETA: SignGuy beat me to it!

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 4

So Jimmy gave his brother those files on purpose to reignite his interest in law, right?

Yes. And Jimmy deliberately got an important fact wrong knowing that Chuck's fraternal instinct would kick in. Chuck just had to look out for his little brother's best interests by double-checking his work.

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 16

I assumed he had dipped into it for his billboard but then paid back the difference with all the money he's been making in elder law.

Yep. You see him take part of his end from the cardboard box and the rest of it from a crisp white envelope -- presumably this is legitimate (or at least successfully laundered) money that he withdrew from the bank to cover the remaining twenty-something thousand.

Edited by Dev F
  • Love 2

I swear, that ranks right up there as one of the most satisfying episodes I have ever seen on TV.  The fact that Kettlemans got fucked straight up in the ass was just...just.....overwhelmingly gratifying.  

My love for Jimmy knows no bounds now.  You did the right thing, Jimmy.

And then leaving those files with Chuck....  *sniff*

• Love 11

Good episode (which was really good at the end) although it was an obvious come down from last week.  I like how Jimmy played the Kettlemans, especially the hateable wife.  Loved the opening scene with Mike and enjoyed seeing him work for Jimmy, despite how long that scene was (they love their long scenes on this show).  Nice touch with Jimmy holding a Bob Barker-style skinny mic.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 6

"Imagine The 25th Hour starring Ned and Maude Flanders".  Laughed so damn hard at that.

I almost could watch an entire episode of Jimmy just making the most random but accurate movie references ever.

Thrilled we got to revisit the Kettlemans and get closure on that story.  I can't help it: I just love those two morons.  Craig, the spineless pushover, who might have been the world's worst embezzler.  And, then Betsy, who clearly thought she was some kind of brilliant mastermind, but wasn't anywhere close (although, I do think Jimmy might have been onto her at least being good enough to head a jail gang.  Probably a lame one, but I can see it.)  And, I loved watching them get taken down.  I did like that it was Craig who finally gave up and accepted the truth.  A moron to the end, but he knew when the game was up, and knew that it was time to quit.

Mike's part in Jimmy's scheme was great.  His break-in also reminded me of the one in "Full Measures" from Breaking Bad.  It sounds like the Philadelphia story has been dropped (at least for now), but I'm curious to see where he goes from there, and if he and Jimmy will continue to cross paths.

I'm actually somewhat interested now in Chuck.  First, with him slowly trying to get use to "electrolytes."  And, then Jimmy leaving case files and acting a bit slow, in order to get Chuck interested in them.  Trying to get him back into the game?

No surprise, Hamlin's a dick.  I'm glad Jimmy help get the Kettlemans back to Kim, but I hope she rethinks her "strategy", since Hamlin apparently has no problems blaming you on stuff you cant control.

The final scene was great: again, I've been a fan of him on both Breaking Bad and Fargo, but I continue to be surprised over how much I'm loving Bob Odenkirk.  Despite doing shady things and knowing it will get worse, he really makes me like and root for Jimmy, and even find him relate-able on some levels.

Another great one.  Only thing to say know is that I do hope we get back to whatever is going on with Nacho.  He's been gone for a while, and I want to see more of Michael Mando doing his thing.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 8

Mike's adventure tonight reminded me of when he broke into the warehouse in Full Measure.  Similar funky mood music too.   I loved it.

I loved the music when Mike was doing his thing too.

I also loved the scene (and the music) with Mike finding the money.  No dialogue at all until he met back up with Jimmy.

The music was perfect. It sounded as if it were straight out of a 70s cop show or movie.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 5

Jimmy/Saul is still very conflicted. He could have gotten what he wanted had he just taken on the Kettlemans as clients. Plead not guilty, lose the case, let the guy go up the river for 30 years. Kim would be so low at HHM she might take up his offer at the new office. Of course, Betsy might murder him in the courtroom.

It looks like there'll be almost as much Mike as Saul, which is a good thing. Mike as a character can't carry a series because he doesn't do dumb things, but he's a plus for any show. I knew Mike sprayed Luminol on the money when the toy ended up in the house. I still don't understand the 25th hour reference, and I looked up the movie.

• Love 2

...I could easily watch ten seasons of Mike being Jimmy The Lawyer's PI. A modern day Perry Mason and Paul Drake.

Or a Bizarro Perry Mason and Paul Drake. Or the Mad Magazine version.

And the Kettlemans are precursors to Walt and Skylar, except instead of failing to adequately launder the money (remember the stash in the storage locker?), the Kettlemans failed to adequately stash the embezzled money. If Betsy had Skylar's or Walt's money sense, maybe it could have worked. IDK. Really IDK about finance. But maybe they could have "invested" it in some off-the-books operation, doubled its value, and then still had a bundle after giving it back?

ETA: Actually, Betsy Kettleman is a precursor of Betsy Brandt's character, Marie Schrader.

Poor Jimmy. I liked when Kim said that he deserved a big corner office. Was he legitimately serving the needs of the elderly clients though? Or mostly taking hundreds in exchange for writing legal documents describing which sibling gets which Hummel figure? Even so, $140 isn't much if it makes someone feel good about her Hummels' future, is it?

And he really did liven up Bingo with, "G. As in Guy Lombardo."

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

Another truly great hour of TV.

I tell you now, not only would I not have made the County whole, I would have taken more.  For all the reasons he later outlined to the Kettlemans, he would have walked away slick as you please.  

I posted earlier wondering if Mike had a past with one of the Philly dicks.  It was most satisfying to see that conversation with the older one.  I also loved that Mike gave his D-I-L control of the decision.  I'm sure he will become a very, very, bad man, but it is most unusual for us to be treated to such a layered and nuanced character as we have been given in BCS.

As much as I loved it, the solutions were too elegant.  I don't see how the D.A. manages to claim the money was returned.  There is no way for him to get around a very public confirmation that he did get it back.  The press was all over this case and would be sure to roast him if the Kettlemans got the ridiculously good deal they are getting, absent a return of the funds.  So, I just don't see how that end game works.

Also, do you think HHM would have spent all those hours on that case without a minimum of $50K up front?  It's the only reason any partners would even care about losing those jerks for clients.  Just where would they have come up with that quid?  Point being that despite Jimmy's honorable impulse, the County would still be short.  

I so deeply felt for Jimmy in those dream office digs.  First, when Kim shot him down.  Only a great writing team and a great actor can do this, in my opinion.  He really is/was good enough to create that kind of practice.  He truly is.  The anger and frustration were so earned.  We saw something very similar with Walter's resentments down the road, didn't we?  Phenomenal talent which, under different circumstances. should have found a boatload of legit success.  Instead?  Nowheresville professional lives in the ABQ.

With each week, I more hope Chuck can play a huge role in the next two seasons, at least.  This is just me, but I join Jimmy in massive admiration for what he was trying to do.  YMMV.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 6

Was the guy in the third 'Wanted' poster of the opening scene (when the camera was panning down to Jimmy sitting on the bench next to Mike) the motorcycle-gang guy who banged into Jimmy as he was speaking to Kim on the phone in the restroom at the restaurant?

• Love 2

Chuck!  Just do a little bit more every day, you got this.  Next time we see him he'll be writing wills in the sun.

It had been bothering me for a while that hanging over Jimmy and Kim was the whole thing where he had seen all her clients' money and taken a bribe, I mean retainer, I mean bribe from it.  I'm glad he found a way to somewhat atone for it.  Even if it meant helping her get back in good with HHM and not join him in the deluxe office in the sky.  :(

Mike!  This is exactly the kind of thing I was excited about when I heard Jonathan Banks signed on to the show.  Mike-guyver to the rescue!

• Love 3

Honestly you guy, I'm really starting to love this show.  Another solid episode, hard to believe there are only three left so I do hope we get some hint of the Saul Goodman transformation before the season ends.  The twist this week, where he had the HMM sweet offices and all the trappings of success within his grasp... and it slipped away because at heart, he's still a good person.  This is presumably the thing that puts him squarely into the strip-mall sleazy lawyer, but it's like they've done the work that when he gets like that (hopefully by season's end) I can't even hate him for turning sleazy.  The world is sleazy, from the Hamlins to the Kettlemans to the police themselves; can you blame Jimmy for finally embracing the only path this f***ed up world has left him?  I presume from that last convo with the Phillie detective that a) he kinda knows Mike killed those two cops and b) it's not worth harassing him, since those were some crooked cops who were gonna get got at some point.

This show is really finding its footing as a character study of an amazing and interesting person, so I feel a little bad that I was on the fence during the first few episodes.  I should have trusted both Gilligan and his cast!  Bob Oedenkirk is absolutely killing it on this show.  I know some of you haven't seem him in "Breaking Bad", and probably even more missed his amazing run on the 90's HBO cult classic "Mr. Show" (you owe it to yourself to seek out what is probably the smartest and funniest sketch comedy show that has ever existed).  It's rather amazing how good he is as a dramatic actor; sure, he's giving us the fun allusions and wise-cracking Jimmy/Saul, but he's really connecting as a human.  I guess it shouldn't be that surprising, since some of the best dramatic acting comes from (former) comedians, but I've been enjoying this season more and more, and now am sad to see it so close to finishing the season (although it's already been renewed, so yay!).

• Love 12

Chuck!  Just do a little bit more every day, you got this.  Next time we see him he'll be writing wills in the sun....

I was a little disappointed not to hear the term "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy," but that would imply a structured approach to a cure based on psychological studies. It seems he's doing it on his own gut instincts. Jimmy looked worried about it. I wasn't sure if it was because if Chuck gets better, they won't ever see a big payola from HHM. But Chuck kept clutching his heart and checking his pulse afterwards--which doesn't bode well, even if he seemed to think it was fine.

it is not unrealistic that the Bad-Flanders would have spent some of that cash, look at their nice house.  The deal could have included that the K's sell or mortgage their house to pay the rest.  Jimmy all ready set it up so Mrs K would not implicate herself in the bribe.  Unless Jimmy now plans on sending the K's a legit bill for his time.  Or maybe Jimmy is going to try to get a finders fee from Hamelin.

• Love 1

I'm of two minds on the "514" document deposit. While it's probably a good thing psychologically for Chuck to get back to work, I can't help but feel that Jimmy is purposefully exploiting his brother's million-dollar legal mind for free on a majority of his clients.

He probably doesn't realize it, or excuses it for the "it'll help him get better" idea, but Jimmy clearly conned Chuck into starting work on those documents (and double-checked to make sure he would). He's building a successful practice, but he doesn't have the time or ability to put in all the legwork.

But when he looked worried at Chuck's "tolerance-building" exercise, I don't think it was because a healthy Chuck would mean his plan would be scuttled and he'd have to do more work. He was genuinely worried because Chuck was potentially harming himself (psychosomatically) in his quest to get better. Jimmy also believes that Chuck's only doing better because he's doing better, and it's on him to stay the straight-and-narrow for his brother's sake. If he gets embroiled in a bribery scandal (or perhaps even takes on a highly-covered losing case), he's bargaining with his brother's mental well-being.

He's worried, deep-down, because he realizes that he needs to cut off any criminal exploits or ideas, and he's now received confirmation that this approach has been working. Which makes me worried for Chuck, because the Saul Goodman character had none of these reservations (and thus, probably no brother anywhere to hear of his exploits).

Maybe Chuck gets better and completely disowns Jimmy, leading to Saul Goodman. But I sincerely doubt that could ever happen.

• Love 4

I loved that Jimmy was calling Bingo at the nursing home or wherever that was. 

I'm also very glad he put the bribe money back. Probably out of self-interest, since you just never know with someone as wacko as Betsy Kettleman. But also because it's the right thing (as he said). I know the moral compass is going to get skewed pretty badly in the future, but I'm not overly anxious to get there just yet. What was he planning to do, though, if HHM had kept the case in the first place? Would that $30,000 shortage have come home to roost?

• Love 2

He sure did.  I've been to nursing home bingo, it is nowhere near as fun as Jimmy made it. 

I'm of two minds on the "514" document deposit. While it's probably a good thing psychologically for Chuck to get back to work, I can't help but feel that Jimmy is purposefully exploiting his brother's million-dollar legal mind for free on a majority of his clients.

That's pretty much where I am on the subject.  I thought he had at the least, mixed motives.  It would be nice if he could kickstart some sort of return to the world, and all the better if Chuck could do some of the nitty gritty work Jimmy had started to bring in.  I do think it is possible, but maybe not probable, that Chuck makes a recovery and rejects Jimmy, hastening his slide to full-on Saul-ness. That would actually be more interesting and less expected than having Chuck be killed or permanently in a mental institution. 

Kettlemans! Ahhhh, those damn Kettlemans. That Betsy is one tenacious pit bull, and her husband is her little lapdog. I bet she had those kids potty trained by 9 months. No sex toilet for the Kettlemans! 

Overall, I found this episode the slowest so far, but there were still some really good moments. 

I'm a Chuck fan, so I really enjoyed seeing him trying to condition himself to go outside. I appreciate that he's finally decided enough is enough, and that he needs to become a functioning person again. And I loved the look of hope on Jimmy's face when his brother told him what he was doing. 

And I loved Odenkirk's work at the very end of the episode - the begrudging look on his face as he gave Mike the rest of the money to turn in, the resigned smile as Kim thanked him, and his breakdown in the office that would never be. I am really enjoying the Jimmy character, because he is all shades of grey. He IS a good person, but he's not a completely good person. He loves his brother and helps him out in major ways...but he does things Chuck is not proud of, and lies to him. He cares about Kim and ultimately put her career above his own....but it wasn't easy. He's tired. He tries to do the right thing, but it's getting him nowhere. It will be interesting to see what it is that finally makes him throw his hands up and go full on shyster. 

Oh, and loved his face on the damn Bingo cards! He's such a hoot!

• Love 11

I know it can't happen, but I really want Jimmy to never turn into Saul and marry Kim and have a real law practice. Odenkirk is wonderful here. I'm not as big a fan of Mike and never liked him on BB, but Banks is a great actor.

• Love 2

I love this show more every episode.    Saul and Mike were my two favorite characters in BB and now they're together again.  I am so grateful that they took the time to give us Mike's back-story and to explain how he came to be there and in these circumstances.   

I feel like this was such an important episode because Jimmy accepted that he will never be that Chuck kind of lawyer, and he will never have that HH&M kind of practice, and he saw who and what he is going to become--he may not be ready to see who that is fully yet...but he knows he will always be a fixer, not a boardroom kind of guy.

Chuck is Jimmy's touchstone and his moral compass, and I think it is whatever happens to Chuck is what finally creates Saul Goodman. 

I love the scenes with Jimmy and Chuck.   Those two actors are playing a fine duet when they work together--it is so subtle and detailed--the little nuances that support them being brothers.

• Love 6

OK...Odenkirk sold the shit outta that last few minutes!  Pre-Saul is the walking embodiment of nice guys finishing last.  He just looked so broken when he was sitting in that empty office....Bravo, Odenkirk...BRAVO! 

Glad the Kettleman's story is wrapped up:  I had an unnatural level of hate for Betsy, and it was starting to frighten me.

• Love 10

Another great episode.  What is it that we love about watching criminals do smart things (or smart people doing criminal things)?  Jimmy's solution to his predicament was brilliant.  Though Mike probably helped him concoct it.

Speaking of which, I was very surprised to see Mike suddenly appear in the middle of this episode, surveilling the Kettlemans.  I know he's very good at what he does, and I know he technically owed Jimmy for his legal services (assuming he hadn't just paid him yet).  Yet I was surprised that we didn't see Jimmy persuading him to do this job for him.  I would have thought it would have taken some serious convincing.  Wouldn't Mike have been in more legal trouble if he had been caught in that house?  Or does he think the Philly cops might go easier on him if they learn that he helped recover ABQ's stolen money?

Another question about Mike I had after last week was, when did he leave the Philly police department?  Was it before or after his son died?  Do we have any concrete information about that?  And how corrupt was he?  We know he was taking dirty money, but was he already engaging in the likes of hired killing?

Was the guy in the third 'Wanted' poster of the opening scene (when the camera was panning down to Jimmy sitting on the bench next to Mike) the motorcycle-gang guy who banged into Jimmy as he was speaking to Kim on the phone in the restroom at the restaurant?

I thought the same thing -- I was scanning those pictures to see if there were any familiar faces from that "other" show.

The ending was sad to me -- I really felt for him -- he sees that his trying to do the right thing by focusing on elder law and not going back to Slippin' Jimmy is helping his brother so he clearly wants to continue that path but at the same time, he's so frustrated that he just can't seem to catch a break. Whoever made the comment above the end scene being a perfect example of "nice guys finishing last" was spot on.

In the opening scenes, Mike looked so small sitting on that bench by himself underneath the wanted pictures. I'm sure that was intentional with camera angles and distances but after last week and what we learned, he just seems so broken and raw. Looks like next week he's going to get back in the groove though, and I love how we're getting glimpses into how Jaul and Mike ended up in the relationship they have. 

They've each seen insights into each other's true characters and even if they aren't quite "friends" they certainly have a mutual respect for each other and WHY they end up doing the things they do. 

Banks' performance last week was incredible and he continued in the same vein tonight. 

I think Jaul and Mike are, in a way, kindred spirits, in that they both recognize what they are doing is not exactly ideal, but its what they know and its how they make their money and right now, Mike seems resigned to accept that, and we know Saul gets there eventually. 

Only three more episodes???? NOOO!!!

• Love 4

The Kettlemans are precursors to Walt and Skylar. Maybe they could have "invested" it in some off-the-books operation, doubled its value, and then still had a bundle after giving it back?

ETA: Actually, Betsy Kettleman is a precursor of Betsy Brandt's character, Marie Schrader.

Was Jimmy legitimately serving the needs of the elderly clients? Or mostly taking hundreds in exchange for writing legal documents describing which sibling gets which Hummel figure? Even so, $140 isn't much if it makes someone feel good about her Hummels' future, is it?

I thought Jimmy's bingo calling was flat—entiirely the writer's fault, not Odenkirk's. Especially since Jimmy's supposed to have the gift of gab. (And IRL the players would've yelled at him for going too fast &/or not being loud enough.) Loved the Bob Barker mic (TM benteen.)

I thought Betsy Kettleman was a wannabe Lydia Rodarte-Quayle. IIRC, they said on the Insider podcast she was named after Betsy Brandt.

Jimmy is 100% doing the right thing (no airquotes necessary) for his eldercare clients. (Loved the Kettlemans' dumbassery: "What does that mean?" "Maybe if we were old?") The elderly need wills, power of attorney, DNRs, etc.—and they're extremely vulnerable to shyster lawyers. Jimmy's not gouging them, either—he's just hustling for volume.

Jimmy all ready set it up so Mrs K would not implicate herself in the bribe. Unless Jimmy now plans on sending the K's a legit bill for his time. Or maybe Jimmy is going to try to get a finder's fee from Hamelin.

If I were Kim, I'd give Jimmy half of what I made on the Kettleman deal. He saved her bacon! But I still think Mike'll take care of Jmmy's best interests.

Before the Kettlemans went "camping", where were they hiding the money?

I'd think the police would have gotten a warrant by now and searched the house for it (perhaps they did search, and missed it).

No surprise, Hamlin's a dick.  I'm glad Jimmy help get the Kettlemans back to Kim, but I hope she rethinks her "strategy", since Hamlin apparently has no problems blaming you on stuff you cant control.

Also, do you think HHM would have spent all those hours on that case without a minimum of $50K up front?  It's the only reason any partners would even care about losing those jerks for clients.

The Kettlemans are a pretty high profile client. I'd think Howard or whomever the other Hamlin is -- if that Hamlin is still around -- would be getting regular updates on the status of the case. So Howard, or someone more senior than Kim, had to know the case was a loser.

The only thing that makes sense is if Howard felt Kim didn't adequately inform him about the Kettlemans' willingness to settle before she put in the firm's time, resources and political capital into getting them a deal. Kim doesn't seem as if she would do that, so Howard's probably just a jerk. But it's also odd that this is the first Kim is hearing that the Kettlemans weren't willing to settle.

Oh, and loved his face on the damn Bingo cards! He's such a hoot!

How did I miss that? I need to rewatch to catch that as well as the Wanted wall.

I loved this ep. It was so completely satisfying and emotional and involving.

The Kettlemans were highly entertaining. Loved this story arc. I loved how Jimmy handled everything.

Mike was great, too. It was nice to see him talking with the older Philly detective. I also liked that both of them didn't hold anything against the younger guy, because Mike and the other cop wanted cops to be honest, and they knew he was just doing his job.

I figured Mike had sprayed luminol on the money, but I couldn't figure out what his plan was until he was following all the fingerprints into the bathroom, and then it made me so damn happy.

I'm liking Kim and the actress more and more. When Jimmy was showing her the corner office and said he was saving it for someone, you could see that she knew he meant her. In other shows she would have just asked who and not had a clue he meant her. I also loved her in the meeting with the Kettlemans. Great scene. She's an honest, smart, hardworking attorney. 

The scene with Jimmy and Chuck was also great. As Chuck was telling him about his plan to get better, Jimmy's eyes were tearing up. (And then mine were too.) It didn't occur to me that Jimmy's leaving the files there was self-serving at all, but then why would they be in his car? Still, I'm sure the major motivation was to help Chuck.

Oh, and the bingo scene! Fantastic. Loved all his patter. As the camera panned over the players cards, I thought one of them had a bingo, but it certainly is believable that the person didn't realize it.

The last scene was remarkable. Jimmy had kept all his frustration bottled up until the end. Man.

Although this was certainly a much different ep from last week, I give it the same grade, A+.

• Love 9

I guess it will take another season before we see the transformation of Jimmy McGill into Saul Goodman--the one we knew from Breaking Bad.

Gosh, I hope it's longer than that!  I'm really enjoying seeing Jimmy do his thing, and I'm not in a rush to get to Saul.

• Love 9
Jimmy is 100% doing the right thing (no airquotes necessary) for his eldercare clients. (Loved the Kettlemans' dumbassery: "What does that mean?" "Maybe if we were old?") The elderly need wills, power of attorney, DNRs, etc.—and they're extremely vulnerable to shyster lawyers. Jimmy's not gouging them, either—he's just hustling for volume.

Absolutely agree. Jimmy may be one to scam a scammer, but I don't think he's the type to scam perfectly innocent, unsuspecting old people. 

Gosh, I hope it's longer than that!  I'm really enjoying seeing Jimmy do his thing, and I'm not in a rush to get to Saul.

I feel the same way. I didn't dislike Saul, but I'm really really liking Jimmy. I hope it is a slow, gradual process. 

• Love 1

Mrs. Kettleman is like Lady Macbeth with out the brains, charm, or likeability.

Or more like a spoiled tween who thinks if she keeps saying 'no', it'll somehow all blow over and she'll get her way. And all for money, that Jimmy reminds her, they'll never be able to really spend. This isn't like Walter White's situation where they can launder the money nobody knows they have thru a legit business. The DA is all too aware.

Could somebody remind me how the Kettleman's skimmed that money in the first place?

And Yes!  I'd swear that bearded dude in the men's room was one of those wanted posters.

Edited by LuciaMia
  • Love 1
In this episode, they said Craig Kettleman (a county treasurer) wrote checks to himself.

Yea, I couldn't believe that. What an idiot. Even if they had the money hidden so well that no one would ever find it, writing checks to oneself makes it pretty damn obvious where the money went. 

• Love 3

I thought Betsy Kettleman was a wannabe Lydia Rodarte-Quayle. IIRC, they said on the Insider podcast she was named after Betsy Brandt.

I've been thinking this the whole time. She's a mix of Marie and Lydia. Really enjoyed watching Jimmy knock her down a few dozen pegs. 

J. Banks is such a great actor - I was noticing how small and frail he made himself appear during the scene on the bench with the Phillie detective. I was cleaning up my kitchen while watching that part and had to come over and double-take how frail and defeated Mike looked. 

• Love 3

Seriously, though, Mrs. Kettleman is like Lady Macbeth with out the brains, charm, or likeability.  So seeing her break down was awesome.  Hope her husband goes to supermax prison, I really do.

Word to both.  Say what you want about Skyler White, but she was at least practical.

When Betsy Kettleman suddenly jumped up to go upstairs to find the money, I was expecting her to slip on the carpet and crack her head like Ted Beneke did on BB.

Edit:  I meant trip on the carpet.  She was running just like Ted, lol.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 4