Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Bingo

• Start Topic

I wanted to hug and kiss Jimmy in that final scene so bad. He just breaks my heart.

I know! I rewatched last night, and I noticed that when he first went in there and realized the office wasn't going to happen, he made one of his little "Awww shucks", laugh it off type of faces. But then his real feelings broke through and he just lost it. So sad. 

• Love 4

That office was ridiculous, though. Couldn't he find something between the closet he has now and an airplane hangar? Maybe something in a strip mall...

I always think of the fish tank in the nail salon as Chekov's fish tank, because I am sure that sometime before the end of the series that tank is going to get shot..doesn't that always happen to fish tanks?

• Love 3

That office was ridiculous, though. Couldn't he find something between the closet he has now and an airplane hangar? Maybe something in a strip mall...

Strip malls seem seedy, so maybe he could class it up with an inflatable or something.

I always think of the fish tank in the nail salon as Chekov's fish tank, because I am sure that sometime before the end of the series that tank is going to get shot..doesn't that always happen to fish tanks?

In other's people's shows, sure.

Fish tanks always make me think of A Fish Called Wanda, so maybe something important will be hidden there.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 1

Strip malls seem seedy, so maybe he could class it up with an inflatable or something.

Heehee,

As for the interior office, perhaps he could have some large mural on the wall; something 'law like' - Oh ! I know,  the Constitution !  

And he should always be seen wearing a Bluetooth.

• Love 1

That office was ridiculous, though. Couldn't he find something between the closet he has now and an airplane hangar?...

Now that you mention it, I think the two extremes are symbolic of Jimmy/Saul's MO--and explain why he winds up managing a Cinnabon with enough money for a ginormous flat screen TV--which isn't such a bad life, but clearly he's not satisfied. His striving to hit it big is what seems to always bring him low. Whatever money he blew on the designer suit and the billboard had to be covered by his elder care lawyering once he wound up having to give back the $30K in this episode. I bet he also lost a deposit on the "airplane hangar." It seems like he made enough money from his elderly clients to have instead rented a modest but respectable office, but instead he went big--perhaps to be worthy of Kim? But she would have been more impressed with a modest move up in the world than his over-reaching.

...I always think of the fish tank in the nail salon as Chekov's fish tank, because I am sure that sometime before the end of the series that tank is going to get shot..doesn't that always happen to fish tanks?

Now I'm thinking of that scene from Nurse Betty with Morgan Freeman and Chris Rock.
  • Love 2

To the point about Mike being patient/cool.  He didn't just grab the cash in the bathroom and take off.  He took the time to replace everything in the cabinet before he left.  Of course, we would not have had the pleasure of the later reveal scene otherwise.  Yet, Mike's actions absolutely were consistent with the character we have seen. 

• Love 2

What made the money traceable? Why couldn't Jimmy just keep his $30k and deny he had ever received it? How would the authorities know some of the money was missing if Jimmy just kept his part?

I don't even know why the money was seemingly all from one source and bundled up the way it was, if the guy was embezzling over time, it should have maybe been squirreled away differently or in foreign accounts or something (not savvy in the ways of white collar crime).  But at any rate, Jimmy was deliberately doing the "right thing", he even put it in air quotes.

I don't even know why the money was seemingly all from one source and bundled up the way it was, if the guy was embezzling over time, it should have maybe been squirreled away differently or in foreign accounts or something (not savvy in the ways of white collar crime).  But at any rate, Jimmy was deliberately doing the "right thing", he even put it in air quotes.

Craig Kettleman was a county treasurer. He embezzled funds by writing checks to himself and cashing them.

Skyler White, he ain't.

• Love 1

What made the money traceable? Why couldn't Jimmy just keep his $30k and deny he had ever received it? How would the authorities know some of the money was missing if Jimmy just kept his part?

The issue was that the Kettlemans would have to account for all the missing money as part of the terms of their plea agreement. If they spent some of the money on, say, their new living room set, they could produce a receipt to that effect, but they can't say, "Oh, we used $30,000 to bribe a lawyer" without getting into even more trouble.

Edited by Dev F
  • Love 1

Dobian, I thought we were supposed to assume that the offices would be paid for with part of the $30,000 bribe Jimmy took from the Kettlemans. But then, since he "did the right thing,"  and returned the money, he no longer could afford it.

I also wonder about how Mike is going to explain having all that money to turn over to the DA. 

God, this show is so in my bones already. I want it to go year round. 

• Love 2