Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

So, basically this is Jill's idea of creating Renee's ChristianMingle profile on IG. 

Glamour Shots gone wild!

Her head looks way too big for her emaciated body.  And JRod took everyone of those pics.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

David and Jill went out to dinner. Didn’t mention taking any of the kids with them. 

They’d better be saving their money.  It may be months before they can go from church to church, grifting meals and relying on love offerings to pay the bills.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I swear I’m hearing the auctioneer’s voice over those photos...

”Here we have a fine young mare. Dressed out weight, 80 pounds, height 5 foot, servant’s heart, proven breeding stock, thick glossy coat, comes with 15 pound Bible. Bidding starts at a hundred.”

You forgot chaste.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I shop at Aldi. We are a family of 6.  Her cart is barely enough for 2 weeks for us and I make normal meals plus usually (not now, obviously) the 3 oldest boys eat lunch at school.  She must be planning on shopping at Aldi every week and social distancing be damned!  Based on my experience, that cart tells me they don’t feed their kids very much at all. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

That chin on the hand pose always bugs. Nobody does this in life.

I think it’s to show off the purity ring. 

7 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

I shop at Aldi. We are a family of 6.  Her cart is barely enough for 2 weeks for us and I make normal meals plus usually (not now, obviously) the 3 oldest boys eat lunch at school.  She must be planning on shopping at Aldi every week and social distancing be damned!  Based on my experience, that cart tells me they don’t feed their kids very much at all. 

I keep looking at all that chunky soup. She could feed her family so much healthier and cheaper making homemade soup. I wonder how many kids she stretches each can to feed. 

• Love 10
On 3/21/2020 at 12:05 PM, Chicklet said:

Oh antivaxxers are already out in force complaining about the yet to be developed vaccine. I've read about a few. And NIH is already starting clinical trials.

Just put them all on an island and let them be. Then our herd immunity won't be compromised. I have a niece who had a liver transplant last year not to mention several older relatives who are susceptible so they can't make it happen soon enough.

I hear you, @Chicklet. I have a mother who is HIV+ (has been for 24 years now!) and she has pneumonia right now. It’s killing my fiancé and I to be apart but I’m with her, making sure she’s taken care of. I hope your niece and other family are all staying safe! 🙂

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I swear I’m hearing the auctioneer’s voice over those photos...

”Here we have a fine young mare. Dressed out weight, 80 pounds, height 5 foot, servant’s heart, proven breeding stock, thick glossy coat, comes with 15 pound Bible. Bidding starts at a hundred.”

Lydia of Purple did it better. Suck it JRod. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I love how Jill speaks to the rest of us sluttish dressers and heathens,whose kids stay on ipads and electronics all day,turning their brains to mush 

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, awaken said:

“Rest your fevered minds”???!!!  A VERY sanitary conference!  😂

Even by Jill Rod standards, that phrasing is magnificently batshit crazy. I want to steal the line "a very sanitary conference" and just drop it into casual conversation with some unsuspecting soul. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

I feel bad for Renee.  I think she has grown into a really pretty girl, but my goodness that hair and make up just ruin her.  She seems very eager to please her mother, too, which really makes me sad because I don't think that's possible.  I really hope she doesn't hear about the comments criticizing her pictures because it's definitely not her fault they came out like that.  

• Love 23
21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

That chin on the hand pose always bugs. Nobody does this in life.

I agree. I also don't care for the pictures of Renee in front of the pond with scum on top. There had to be a better location.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I feel bad for Renee.  I think she has grown into a really pretty girl, but my goodness that hair and make up just ruin her.  She seems very eager to please her mother, too, which really makes me sad because I don't think that's possible.  I really hope she doesn't hear about the comments criticizing her pictures because it's definitely not her fault they came out like that.  

i feel bad for her a bit too. in so many pics she seems to have been directed to do some pose that mama wants, but is unnatural to Renee and then she's told to smile.

to me, in each pic her face and her eyes seem afraid  "like this you mean?' or "am i doing it right?" and with that fear of doing it wrong she is weirdly posed and told to smile.

I think maybe that's why the pics seem so awkward

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Holy 80s hair!!!

• LOL 5
51 minutes ago, Portia said:

Renee's "holding the lamp" pose is particularly ill-advised.

Directly following the "highlighting the untouched and empty quiver while wearing a maternity-friendly schmatta " shot.

Big Dave is using his little Twiggy to camouflage his ready-to chow-down gut.

• Love 3

On Reddit people were saying that back when the Duggars just started their specials they would go shop and had multiple carts full of food and this were normal shopping trips. Their family at the time was roughly the same as the Rods are now. The Rods cart is full of sugary, processed junk. No fruit or veg in sight fresh, frozen or even canned. There appears to be one loaf of bread for all of them. Please Jill, you are not fooling any of us.

Also, make your own damn soup. It will be more nutritious and way cheaper than those cans

• Love 18

If any one person in that family picks up coronavirus, it will spread through the whole group like wildfire. They live on top of each other, they're out in places they shouldn't be, the kids are undernourished, and I doubt there's much washing and sanitizing. Best Mama and Best Papa are too uneducated and self-centered to believe it could happen to them, but given the projections, it most certainly could. Nurie should elope and get out now. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If all schools are online and most businesses closed, what kind of job could Timmy have, to have to return to whatever state his school is in?

Maybe he's secretly fleeing.....Because he can't openly say he'd rather be somewhere other than with Jill.....he's too cowed and brainwashed .... But a big part of him wants to be....So he's inventing a false excuse to get away? 

He has left home and gone quite a distance in search of a quixotic career dream....and done it twice even though the first time was probably a humiliating disaster.......So I can see him living kind of a double life as he gradually tries to shed his Stockholm syndrome, poor little sucker. ... 

Hey, it could be true! I so much want more for all these kids.....And the "more" is out there -- difficult as it would/will be for any of them to eventually get it ... 

This is my second cherished-delusion post in about 5 minutes. I really really want more for these kids.....And I can't believe that there are none of them who want it, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The Rods cart is full of sugary, processed junk. No fruit or veg in sight fresh, frozen or even canned. There appears to be one loaf of bread for all of them. Please Jill, you are not fooling any of us.

Also, make your own damn soup. It will be more nutritious and way cheaper than those cans

That’s what I noticed first. Unless they’re buried somewhere underneath all that processed crap, there’s not one vegetable in that cart. Maybe Jill or whomever took the photo has the shopping cart with the fruits and vegetables (yeah right).

• Love 3

Update on Judy. She got to the hospital and was diagnosed with Influenza B. Still not something you want to pass on to a quadriplegic like Amy, who is asking for prayers because her kids are sick.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

That’s what I noticed first. Unless they’re buried somewhere underneath all that processed crap, there’s not one vegetable in that cart. Maybe Jill or whomever took the photo has the shopping cart with the fruits and vegetables (yeah right).

As if Jill would ever be able to resist showing us every bit of food they actually bought had there been more to show!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

As if Jill would ever be able to resist showing us every bit of food they actually bought had there been more to show!

Yeah, as I noted when it was first posted, that full to bursting cart was totally an FU INTERNET!!!!!1212 moment. If she had produce, she would have shown it.

• Love 4
On 3/23/2020 at 9:30 PM, awaken said:

“Rest your fevered minds”???!!!  A VERY sanitary conference!  😂

On 3/24/2020 at 12:04 AM, Zella said:

Even by Jill Rod standards, that phrasing is magnificently batshit crazy. I want to steal the line "a very sanitary conference" and just drop it into casual conversation with some unsuspecting soul. 

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Update on Judy. She got to the hospital and was diagnosed with Influenza B. Still not something you want to pass on to a quadriplegic like Amy, who is asking for prayers because her kids are sick.

I looked at the photos Jill posted from that conference - the one Judy attended. In the photos where Jill was posing with people, she wasn't merely standing next to them, she was hugging them and had her damn face smacked right up next to theirs. Literally cheek to cheek.

And now we know one attendee had Influenza B. 

Sanitary conference, my arse. 

EDITED later to add: @Sew Sumi, who is a reliable source with a grasp of facts about these folks that I highly admire (and could never achieve), has corrected me. JillR didn't call her own conference - the one Judy attended - "sanitary." (It was a later conference she attended.)

I stand corrected. However, since JillR's conference went ahead in early March AFTER the coronavirus was spreading in the US, it bears noting that she apparently took no steps to protect attendees and was apparently out there hugging and mugging for the camera. And, it turns out, one attendee had Influenza B. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 1