Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

WAAAAAY too much crap. Every time someone flushes all those tzotchkes are going to be receiving a fine aerosol spray of e coli. Have she learned nothing the last few weeks?

They will be protected because they are all so Godly... and, of course, Jesus likes them more than us heathens.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 5

The odd bathroom seating areas just make no sense! Instead, storage space would be so valuable - there could have been shelves or cabinets or hampers. And look at the wasted space in this pic - the yellow area with the flower arrangement. So weird!

Rodbathroom1.JPG

• Love 3

Did the kids get to eat those gummies or just pose with them? Jill probably put those overpriced vitamins right back in a bottle she hopes to sell to someone on her travels. 

How's TIM and his BEAUTIFUL NEW LAPTOP from MAMA doing now that the COLLEGE has moved the courses online? I'd sure love an update about his SEVERELY WONDERFUL PROGRESS and some photos of him sitting at his DESK working on his CLASSES to be a MISSIONARY PILOT to make his MAMA and JESUS so PROUD.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Being stuck at home isn't bad enough, and now I've decorated like Jill Rodrigues. Quelle horreur!

If it makes you feel any better I have an area rug that at least three Duggars own. Mercifully it’s in a powder room I don’t use often but I glare at it every time.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It really makes no sense, it isn't like there was a room there that they had to accommodate in designing the bathroom.  Even before Jill added the clutter, the basic design was terrible.  There are dozens of places online and on YouTube where anyone can learn a lot about remodeling spaces and how to design a bathroom.  What a mess of a bathroom they created!

I've been studying the photo of the studs (framing, not David and sons), and there's a utility sink and water heater already there. The breaker box is a focal point, and something appears to be jutting out on the right side. It's too dark to make out. I'm not sure David didn't have to build around something. Nothing about this home warehouse of children makes much sense. 

I have too much time on my hands. I go back to work tomorrow (virtually), so I'll have something meaningful to think about. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Read that last line. Im really starting to think Silly Jilly is a lurker around here. Not the first time she has posted something to "debunk" a comment written here almost immediately. Reading her own press. Something else to occupy her time when she should be feeding her malnourished brats.

Well if that is the case I say to Jill: "wash your face, feed your children and shut your mouth"

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

“Graduate” from what, exactly?

For what it cost to have that 1992 prom hair done and having the photos “professionally done” they could have just fed her good healthy meals for a month.

She would have looked so much better...

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

TSotDRT (or in the Rods' case, the school of whatever corner they can stick you in with a lap desk), where the teacher believes that, "You are a blessing to Daddy and I!" is a grammatically correct sentence, and randomly capitalized words MAKE everything better.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I was never a big hair kind of gal, so I have a serious question, what do you do with that hair after you're done with it? How does one undo the hairdo? 

You can wash all of the product out. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

Does this poor girl have scoliosis or a spine issue? She's so hunched and physically twisted in all her pics. Half of them look like she doesn't even have a neck. 

And OMG Jill, tell your kids to keep their fingers out of their mouths! It's like she's trying to get them to contract a serious illness. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

For what it cost to have that 1992 prom hair done and having the photos “professionally done” they could have just fed her good healthy meals for a month.

It's Rodrigues Family High School as last reported. The requirements and schedules are unpublished and apparently fluid, but the graduates are doing well!  They get wonderful graduation photos and a party courtesy of Best Mama Ever. 

Look at RFHS graduate Tim, doing superior work in his general education classes at Fox Valley Technical College. He's making excellent progress on his way to becoming a certified missionary pilot! I'm sure we'll get an update soon. 

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

David and Jill went out to dinner. Didn’t mention taking any of the kids with them. 

Jill said it was a hot date. 

And Jill, it's Daddy and ME. 

You're welcome. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill said it was a hot date. 

And Jill, it's Daddy and ME. 

You're welcome. 😁

I call bullshit on this. Unless they actually did it weeks ago or are eating in the car or at a park, restaurants in OH have been closed for DAYS. Takeout or delivery only.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I call bullshit on this. Unless they actually did it weeks ago or are eating in the car or at a park, restaurants in OH have been closed for DAYS. Takeout or delivery only.  

You are correct.  Everything closed at 9PM last Sunday.  They live in Wooster, it is a 2-3 hour drive to another state.

Just now, Sew Sumi said:

She claims it was before "the coronavirus." 

By which she means, 'While we were still ignoring the Coronavirus'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Those "graduation" pictures are just bizarre. It looks like Not Nurie's head was photoshopped onto someone else body in a few.

You're right. It looks like an oversized flat head pasted on a body in some photos. Yikes. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I suspect Jill is the hairdresser and photographer, probably using her phone. "Getting her senior photos done" may just mean getting all dolled up and going outside to take them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

The odd bathroom seating areas just make no sense! Instead, storage space would be so valuable - there could have been shelves or cabinets or hampers. And look at the wasted space in this pic - the yellow area with the flower arrangement. So weird!

Rodbathroom1.JPG

I think my favorite thing is the window-and-window-box decoration at below-the-knee level and under an overhang. If they had a cat or a small dog, I'd say that particular decoration was intended for the pet because who else is gonna actually see it down there? ... Well, I suppose if a baby or toddler accidentally crawls into Jill and David's special bathroom....But are they allowed to do that? 

Or maybe there's a leprechaun in the house? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Coming to this a bit late (as in only six hours or so, but these have still been too many comments to respond to anything individually)....My first take on these photos is that something has been done to that poor girl's lips. Not quite to the level of fillers that seemed to be the rage a few years ago, but I definitely get the feeling that Jill discovered some of those "plumping" serums and hightailed it to the makeup table and a camera before the effects wore off...

• Love 3

Poor Not!Nurie looks like she's in pain every time she smiles. Those are the most awkward grad pictures I've ever seen and I'm a cake decorator so I see a lot of them. Also who are they trying to kid with the '80's hair.

Of course Shrek and mrs Shrek went out out to eat during a global pandemic when everyone is encouraged to stay the fuck inside.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

She had pictures of food and the restaurant front, so they did go to some place that was still open. Who knows when, though? It looked Japanese. How ethnic is Wooster? 

Wooster has Asian restaurants. College town and the school is among the more elite private colleges in Ohio..... Not quite at the Oberlin level, but firmly in the tier just below that. Their faculty's always had a pretty cosmopolitan background. And the town's a bit isolated from the big cities. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, McManda said:

There is far too much clutter in that bathroom. 

So they framed it out themselves, on top of the black and white tile? Does that mean you have to step up to get into the bathroom? And for framing it out themselves it seems poorly laid out. Lots of extra corners. My brain can't conceptualize the footprint.

And is that a breaker box? In the bathroom? Is that code?

The angles are doing my brain in as well. And it does indeed look they have to step up. They seem to be carving up the space in peculiar way.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I think my favorite thing is the window-and-window-box decoration at below-the-knee level and under an overhang. If they had a cat or a small dog, I'd say that particular decoration was intended for the pet because who else is gonna actually see it down there? ... Well, I suppose if a baby or toddler accidentally crawls into Jill and David's special bathroom....But are they allowed to do that? 

Or maybe there's a leprechaun in the house? 

I can’t imagine keeping this bathroom clean. There are so many surfaces for dust and bacteria to collect on. Some of that clutter looks like it would be very difficult to dust/clean. 🤮

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Namaste said:

I can’t imagine keeping this bathroom clean. There are so many surfaces for dust and bacteria to collect on. Some of that clutter looks like it would be very difficult to dust/clean. 🤮

Not like jill has to worry about that. She makes her kids clean

• Love 4

I was just thinking Renee's smile looks just like Jazz's in that first pic,as well as her eyes. Jill would flip to know there is some resemblance.

Renee's big hair looks like it's going to pull down the weight of her thin frame

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Before I read that it was Renee, the first thing I thought when I saw the first picture was that it was some woman they knew. To me she looked like she was in her thirties.

And I'd bet Jill is the PROFESSIONAL photographer that took those pictures. They are truly awful!

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If it makes you feel any better I have an area rug that at least three Duggars own. Mercifully it’s in a powder room I don’t use often but I glare at it every time.

And don't forget some of us share the same birthdays with the Duggars, incl myself.

53 minutes ago, beckie said:

Before I read that it was Renee, the first thing I thought when I saw the first picture was that it was some woman they knew. To me she looked like she was in her thirties.

And I'd bet Jill is the PROFESSIONAL photographer that took those pictures. They are truly awful!

I thought the same thing. She looks like she could be going to her 20th school reunion instead of graduating. 

BTW, do any of her followers comment on how much crap she has in the bathroom?  I'm sure she turns the comments off if they are negative & only let's the positive ones through. 

• Love 6

I can't take credit for noticing this first, but one reason the pictures look "off" is that Renée's hair is altered to be darker and thicker. I think her head may have been enlarged in some of them, lines in the background that should be straight are curved around the top of her head.

In the third photo, the shadow of a smartphone is clearly visible on the right. Jill used a similar photo in the Instagram story, and in that one, the phone shadow is cast over part of Renée's face. 

• Useful 11

I swear I’m hearing the auctioneer’s voice over those photos...

”Here we have a fine young mare. Dressed out weight, 80 pounds, height 5 foot, servant’s heart, proven breeding stock, thick glossy coat, comes with 15 pound Bible. Bidding starts at a hundred.”

• LOL 8
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

So, basically this is Jill's idea of creating Renee's ChristianMingle profile on IG. 

Glamour Shots gone wild!

2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

And don't forget some of us share the same birthdays with the Duggars, incl myself.

I thought the same thing. She looks like she could be going to her 20th school reunion instead of graduating. 

BTW, do any of her followers comment on how much crap she has in the bathroom?  I'm sure she turns the comments off if they are negative & only let's the positive ones through. 

Comments are turned off.

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I swear I’m hearing the auctioneer’s voice over those photos...

”Here we have a fine young mare. Dressed out weight, 80 pounds, height 5 foot, servant’s heart, proven breeding stock, thick glossy coat, comes with 15 pound Bible. Bidding starts at a hundred.”

I’m still giggling. I know Jilly thinking exactly that. 

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, beckie said:

I'll give her this, I'm sure she took those pics on her phone, but she did a better job than someone I know who actually claims to be a photographer and charges people. That woman's portfolio is full of double chins and muffin tops. Granted, Renee is so thin there's not a double chin or muffin top to be had on her, but other than weird angles of her head, they could be worse. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7