Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill Rod has posted a Facebook story that says they're all staying in a hotel while they shop for a house. So they must have sold their house. I'm curious to see where they end up and what it looks like. Meanwhile, she says they forgot to bring "swim clothes" to the hotel, but that didn't stop them from swimming. She includes photos of a bunch of the kids fully clothed, jumping around in the pool.

• Love 2

Frankly they are lucky that no one has drowned yet. And if they do Rods will sue and blame the evil hotel for not saving them.

2 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Here's one of the pics. Can you imagine the girls' makeup and hair products just running off into the pool?

RodsSwimming.JPG

Happy Halloween from the corpses😞😞😞😞. The girls look awful.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Frankly they are lucky that no one has drowned yet. And if they do Rods will sue and blame the evil hotel for not saving them.

Happy Halloween from the corpses😞😞😞😞. The girls look awful.

All joking aside, Nurie looks at least 40 years old.  A rode-hard-put-up-wet 40 year old. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Aren't you supposed to rinse off before getting in the pool?! And regular clothes are not appropriate swim attire, Jill!

Would Jill claim persecution if someone complained that they were swimming fully clothed against pool rules? (What am I saying, of course she would. She has before, hasn't she?)

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, awaken said:

So that poem is about Anna’s parents? That man has way too much time on his hands, especially considering he has 11 kids to keep busy with! 

That’s the job for wifey and daughters. His job is to order her to get him a sandwich and be joyfully available.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, awaken said:

So that poem is about Anna’s parents? That man has way too much time on his hands, especially considering he has 11 kids to keep busy with! 

No, the poem is about his parents. His father is his chief enabler.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, the poem is about his parents. His father is his chief enabler.

Maybe Schrader padre figures that if junior is in Africa god-bothering people, padre won't have to deal with him (and the zillion kids) as often. You know junior must be effing insufferable in person, and the kids messy, noisy, and needy. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I've had that thought, but John is his Golden Child. He's the only one who remained IFB. I'll never forget how Shrader slandered his sister after she died following a brutal battle with cancer. As far as I know, Pa Shrader didn't denounce John for what he said about his own daughter. 

They are both horrible people.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I've had that thought, but John is his Golden Child. He's the only one who remained IFB. I'll never forget how Shrader slandered his sister after she died after a brutal battle with cancer. As far as I know, Pa Shrader didn't denounce John for what he said about his own daughter. 

They are both horrible people.

What was said about the sister?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I can't get on him for writing poetry-that's-low-quality.

Damn. You are soooo much nicer than I am.

(The man rhymed “flock” and “stopped,” is all I’m saying.)

ETA: “On God's ministry are a blot” 

😱

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

I'm not sure the Rods even own any swimwear.They got kicked out of a campground for swimming in their clothes.

John S. also grifted money from a girl who was crying, as her dad was making her give away all of the grad. money she'd received as gifts.I think it was about $800.Most of us agreed we would have not accepted the money,and had a little chat w the dad about how the givers wanted HER to have it.Or just accept $20 and tell her that's all you need.But NO,John of course,kept it ALL

• Love 1
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill doesn’t care. As long as the girls get married off trim. I mean that’s all that matters right? Skinny, brain washed robots is what Jill and David created.

Yes, she's obsessed with them being trim, but she has to know that in a few years, the only option for babies being born is grandchildren, so she may not have thought that one through. 

On a related note, has she said anything lately about her youngest daughter, who may have challenges? 

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Here's one of the pics. Can you imagine the girls' makeup and hair products just running off into the pool?

RodsSwimming.JPG

This is just... I hope the place they’re staying at is a motel with outdoor entrances to rooms, because if it’s not they dripped what has to be gallons of pool water onto the carpets of the hotel hallways. Those typically aren’t wetvac’d so hello mold! Such a lack of manners and consideration for others, but I shouldn’t be surprised JillRod is a narcissist.

• Love 24
15 minutes ago, ChaChaSlide said:

This is just... I hope the place they’re staying at is a motel with outdoor entrances to rooms, because if it’s not they dripped what has to be gallons of pool water onto the carpets of the hotel hallways. Those typically aren’t wetvac’d so hello mold! Such a lack of manners and consideration for others, but I shouldn’t be surprised JillRod is a narcissist.

Oh well, I'm sure that over time, the hotel's had guests who got drunk and jumped, fell, or were pushed into the pool fully clothed. They must have contingency plans to deal with nasty behavior by guests so can take the Rods in stride. Though the thought of all those unwashed bodies and clothes in the pool is - icky.

• Love 3

In the past when the Rods gone swimming fully clothed (so many times), people have said that cotton fibers really ruin the pool's filter system.  That's why there are signs saying to wear a swimsuit!  I hope we get to hear Jill rant about christian prosecution after they get kicked out of yet another pool. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

This is such a pet peeve of mine! I HATE when people swim in their street clothes. It's so disgusting. Whenever i'm at any pool, I will admit to being "that" person that reports people for it. It's just so ugh. 

• Love 17

I seriously doubt that they forgot their swim clothes.  Their street clothes are their swim clothes.  I come from a big family and anytime we were going to stay in a motel or hotel, we always jumped up and down asking if there was a pool. Then we packed accordingly. I'm sure the Rod kids do too, since they clearly love to swim when given the opportunity.  My pool says no street clothes allowed, but rules like that do not apply to the Rods.  Yes, JRod will most certainly cry persecution if they were called out for swimming in their clothes.  

• Love 17

Jill R. is such a liar.  Have we ever seen any of them in swimwear?  For various reasons I wear "modest" swim clothes.  Long pants and a long sleeve, hip length top.  You can get them in form fitting lycra or a looser fit.  Either way the fabric is appropriate for swimming and accepted by pools.   Bikinis aren't the only choice for swimming.

When is Nurie's wedding?  I feel so sorry for that girl.  For the gown I'm picturing a cheap Princess Diana style and really BIG hair.  I hope Nurie and her husband move far away.

• Love 24
23 minutes ago, beagletime said:

When is Nurie's wedding?  I feel so sorry for that girl.  For the gown I'm picturing a cheap Princess Diana style and really BIG hair.  I hope Nurie and her husband move far away.

When Hell freezes over because they already had elbow sex.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill is a smug liar. Getting in the pool in street clothes is intentional; jill just likes to show off how "special" the family is. However, I take bit of joy in thinking what the chlorine is doing to those cotton clothes. 

Jill is probably teaching the children to lie.  I'm sure Jill tells them to say they forgot their swim suits if they are questioned.

• Love 8

They look like a bunch of 5th graders on the last day of Drownproofing Week at the local pool.  

Not only must the clothes be heavy to swim in, I can't imagine walking around with soaking wet clothes on when they got out.  They must have doubled their weight.

It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like Nurie (at the end) has a cowl or turtleneck type of shirt on.  Really??

I'm sure they don't own any sort of larger beach towels and had to use a zillion hand and bath towels.  That poor housekeeper- Can you imagine all the sopping wet towels lying around she had to pick up & take care of?   I feel sorry for the housekeeper anyway that she has to clean up after this family. It has to be a trashy mess.  All that work for a David's press bible tract tip. 

I feel sorry for the motel staff & other guests.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Nuri isn’t engaged yet. Yet that hussy did indeed had elbow sex.

I find an unengaged girl participating in elbow sex to be very sluttish!!

Just like when women wear pants.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Yes, she's obsessed with them being trim, but she has to know that in a few years, the only option for babies being born is grandchildren, so she may not have thought that one through. 

On a related note, has she said anything lately about her youngest daughter, who may have challenges? 

No, she hasn’t mentioned the baby’s condition in a while.  I think she’s probably stuck between a rock and a hard place, because she exaggerated the details, and now it’s becoming apparent that the baby isn’t as bad off as she made it sound.  I think Jill exaggerates everything because of her victim mentality.  I want to stress that I’m very glad that the baby is doing well and by all appearances seems to be a normal toddler.  It’s bad enough that the poor little thing is stuck with a full-fledged narcissistic lunatic of a mother.

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I’m pretty sure that at her kids weddings Jill will be dressed like a bride with a white pretty dress that costs triple on what her kids wear. No one outshines MAMA.

Jill cries poor, but she certainly finds money for herself. As bestest mother ever, she deserves it, of course. 

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill cries poor, but she certainly finds money for herself. As bestest mother ever, she deserves it, of course. 

Exactly. Hair bleach, makeup, acrylic nails, upgraded wedding set. Even if she's using cheap products, it's still unnecessary spending. She certainly doesn't deny herself anything. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill is a smug liar. Getting in the pool in street clothes is intentional; jill just likes to show off how "special" the family is. However, I take bit of joy in thinking what the chlorine is doing to those cotton clothes. 

She wants to be kicked out so she can scream persecution .

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Are ALL of the Rods staying in one hotel room?

I wonder about that myself.  The more I think about it, tho, I doubt Jill would allow her kids to stay in a separate room or be inclined to spend any extra money on their comfort, so I'm guessing same room.

16 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Who is paying for this stay 

As stated above, I feel bad for the housekeeping staff - can you imagine the sty/sties they face each morning?!! 

When they travel in their camper thingy, they all stay in the same vehicle at night at a campground.  A hotel room cannot be any tighter than that.  If nothing else, the closet that the baby sleeps in is undoubtedly larger.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Who is paying for this stay 

As stated above, I feel bad for the housekeeping staff - can you imagine the sty/sties they face each morning?!! 

Why are they even staying in a motel?  At one time didn’t they take up residence in the RV?  Why aren’t they doing that this time?  Is Jill afraid that CPS is will pay them another visit?

• Love 2

Most motels have a limit on the number of people you can cram into a room.  Granted, it's only a problem if you get caught, but they've got a lot of people to have in one room without others noticing.

• Love 9