Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I somehow doubt that Jill Rodrigues needed more perfume. 

And now I have the scent of sweat , diapers, hair spray  and cheap perfume in my nose . That's how I imagine the smell of that RV.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, lianau said:

And now I have the scent of sweat , diapers, hair spray  and cheap perfume in my nose . That's how I imagine the smell of that RV.

And that specific smell of adolescent boys. I had two of those, and there's not much funkier than that!

Probably smells  like sex, too, if Jill and Chimpy have been going at it....Ewwwwwww!!!!!

• Love 4
On 7/27/2017 at 8:21 PM, GeeGolly said:

As I mentioned above one of my kids was in the hospital a lot. Erin's picture made me realize that I never once recall seeing another family of a patient with a Bible. Granted I wasn't room hopping, but parents do talk and get somewhat friendly and some of the time my son was sharing a room. How typical is it for religious folks to bring their Bible to the hospital?

Now I have my Bible on my phone but back then, I always carried a Bible with me. I read my Bible almost cover to cover sitting at my mom's hospice bedside. 

I have also had MANY emergency visits to the hospital with my kids. I have NEVER looked like Erin Bates. 

One I was in a nightgown with no bra and no shoes. Another time I was in regular clothes but no shoes, again.  Another time I was in the shower when my child got hurt. I have no idea what I was wearing but it was probably off of the floor. 

I find Erin to the most annoying person out of the entire Bates and Duggar clan, excluding Josh. She is childish, an attention whore and entire too fucking perky.  She should go play dollies or something. 

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Now I have my Bible on my phone but back then, I always carried a Bible with me. I read my Bible almost cover to cover sitting at my mom's hospice bedside. 

I have also had MANY emergency visits to the hospital with my kids. I have NEVER looked like Erin Bates. 

One I was in a nightgown with no bra and no shoes. Another time I was in regular clothes but no shoes, again.  Another time I was in the shower when my child got hurt. I have no idea what I was wearing but it was probably off of the floor. 

I find Erin to the most annoying person out of the entire Bates and Duggar clan, excluding Josh. She is childish, an attention whore and entire too fucking perky.  She should go play dollies or something. 

Me too, wearing whatever I was wearing. And even sharing shifts with my hubby and mom when supporting my son in the hospital, I went home, showered, put on jeans and a shirt and came back. Make-up and jewelry was far from a concern.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Me too, wearing whatever I was wearing. And even sharing shifts with my hubby and mom when supporting my son in the hospital, I went home, showered, put on jeans and a shirt and came back. Make-up and jewelry was far from a concern.

I like Erin and Chad, but I have to admit that I thought WTF? when I saw that hospital picture.  My career was spent working in hospitals, and I don't think I've ever seen a mother in full makeup, earrings and w/hair styled.  Apparently, looking good in public is mighty important to Erin.  I was the same way... when I was a teenager. ?

• Love 13

In fairness to Erin, she said that her daughter's finger started swelling in the evening. She was probably already in full makeup and with her hair styled, because I'm pretty sure she does herself up every day. I think she is a bit vain, but in this case I would guess that she just went to the hospital the way she was, which just happened to be fully done up.

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

In fairness to Erin, she said that her daughter's finger started swelling in the evening. She was probably already in full makeup and with her hair styled, because I'm pretty sure she does herself up every day. I think she is a bit vain, but in this case I would guess that she just went to the hospital the way she was, which just happened to be fully done up.

True, but I have a hard time giving her a pass for the journal picture. She looked all settled in for a long summer's nap. The picture would make more sense photo-shopped into a beach scene.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

However, she posted the photo a day or two later, after the finger had been drained surgically. We don't really know when the pic was taken, but she not only has a full face of makeup, she's very obviously wearing a full set of false eyelashes.  Maybe she does that every day, but, if so, I'd say she wastes far too much time on her countenance.

It's possible UP was filming since we know  they will grab any bit of naturally occurring drama they can find.

• Love 3

When my friend's son was in hospital her mother in law actually said to her "you'll feel better about everything if you put on a bit of makeup and look nice." Maybe Erin's one of those people, who does believe that throwing on some makeup will make things better.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kalamac said:

Maybe Erin's one of those people, who does believe that throwing on some makeup will make things better.

I think Zsa Zsa Gabor said  that too.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ariel said:

I think Zsa Zsa Gabor said  that too.

There is some truth to it...I find that times where I am going through a depressive episode, making the effort to look "pretty" does quite a bit toward pulling me out of it. Of course, if it comes to something like visits to the ER, all bets are off and I will be there in whatever state I happen to be at the time. 

But even if something like that occurred during a time that I happened to be fully made up, etc, I can't see posting photos about it on social media. I think I'd avoid the camera, if anything...

• Love 7

Idk, I guess we're all different but when I had to rush to the ER after my father had a bad fall, I ran up there in sweatpants covered in dog hair. I don't dislike Erin, but I think she's a lot like Jessa where she grew up as the "pretty sister" and there's a certain level of vanity and self-centerdness in her as a result. 

• Love 16
On 7/31/2017 at 2:04 PM, yogi2014L said:

Carlin is the one in the middle? She is beautiful

In regards to the clothing upgrade, I am SURE that has to do with the Girls getting older and deciding they were embarrassed looking like clowns. Thankfully Gill and Kelly allowed them to dress themselves better. Also more money helped, I am sure. 

ETA; All three girls are pretty, but Carlin looks like she could easily be on TV/famous/WAG/wife of a famous person

WAG? What does that stand for, please?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, duggarfan said:

WAG? What does that stand for, please?

WAG = Wife and Girlfriend , typically of famous man or sports figure. WAGs tend to be exceptionally attractive physically. 

I want to eye-roll at Erin, but can't. My mom was the most gracious person ever and would've given the shirt off her back to a stranger ... but you best believe she had her "face on" at all times. Even at the end (while she was still coherent at least), by God that lipstick was on at all times. 

• Love 13
On 8/5/2017 at 7:53 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Tomorrow (8/6) is Brookyln's birthday. I only know that because it's my anniversary. I also share the exact day with the elder Seewalds who had the honeymoon baby they called Ben. 

Happy belated anniversary!

On 8/5/2017 at 8:46 PM, ms.o said:

I want to eye-roll at Erin, but can't. My mom was the most gracious person ever and would've given the shirt off her back to a stranger ... but you best believe she had her "face on" at all times. Even at the end (while she was still coherent at least), by God that lipstick was on at all times. 

Thank you for this. Most of these girls are fairly obsessed with hair and makeup, so I really don't see Erin as vain. I think she's a lot more mature and tolerable than she used to be.

• Love 3

First time I have ever seen Jenni Hartono in pants! Looks like Jason is going to the Gothard "Doctors Without Borders" shenanigans in the Philippines that a few of the Bates kidults are also in "ministry" to. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Kinda forgot the pic
  • Love 2

Is anything known about their parents? IIRC the sibs are Indonesian, Jeni studies or studied at a fundie college in Florida. Are the parents wealthy? Are they Gothard? Do the parents know the non patents?

• Love 1

Yes, the Hartonos are Gothard. The Duggars came in contact with them when JD and Jana did that missioncation in Indonesia eons ago. It was shown on [I don't know how many kids and counting, but it wasn't 19] the old iteration of the show. Jana didn't want to ride an elephant through a river. Remember the oldest Hartono brother (Jonathan, I think) was the one pictured with JD brandishing assault rifles several years ago. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, the Hartonos are Gothard. The Duggars came in contact with them when JD and Jana did that missioncation in Indonesia eons ago. It was shown on [I don't know how many kids and counting, but it wasn't 19] the old iteration of the show. Jana didn't want to ride an elephant through a river. Remember the oldest Hartono brother (Jonathan, I think) was the one pictured with JD brandishing assault rifles several years ago. 

I remember that.  It was very creepy.  It looked like something David Koresh would have proudly posted of this followers.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2017 at 6:22 PM, Westiepeach said:

I also would not post pictures of my perfectly applied make-up, jewelry and pedicured toes if I was with my child in the hospital. I have no children, so maybe she was pre-groomed before the hospital visit. YMMV. 

I had a few times with one or another of my four. I always looked like something the dog dragged in. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, 2727 said:

I'm pretty sure the Duggers have these in every car they own.

seat.JPG

So Victorian. Like how the Victorians used to cover legs of tables & such because they were so SCANDALOUS.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, 2727 said:

I'm pretty sure the Duggers have these in every car they own.

seat.JPG

Sweet baby Jesus! What the hell?! If I had to ride in that I would ram my car into a pole and hope it caught fire just to get ride of them.

Wow....some stuff you just can't unsee.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Portia said:

Yeah,  what is the source of these pics? I'm not saying the Duggars have good taste or anything,  but those things look very late '80s to me.

They're from a website called beddinginn. The pictures probably a few years old as the only one  the site is still selling in the top left one.  They also have far more stylish covers. Everything can be brought back. It's possible the Duggars have them, but I'm unsure the connection.

• Love 1