Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I'm looking forward to the day when several of the daughters who have married and left (I wish I could think they'd leave without waiting for marriage, but this is Jill) and start wearing pants, shorts, and whatever they want.  

I don’t know how Kaylee’s future in-laws feel about it, but I think with only a little encouragement she will be the first to buck Jill’s dress code.

• Love 6

And this is the woman who always referred to her son-in-law (dear lord I hope she never said son-in-LOVE) as “Anna Duggar’s Brother?” I don’t think we ever knew his name for a long time when they started “courting”…

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

I bet the recording has been doctored so much it doesn't sound at all like the out-of-tune Rodrigueses. No wonder Jill was surprised when she heard it. The people who hear them in person will know. 

Will people who order the CD get a free copy of Jill's book? 

3 minutes ago, sheshark said:

So who paid for this masterpiece?

The government. Jill dipped into the kids' payments. Pastor Bissol didn't pay for it, or Jill would be all over him with praise. 

• Love 16
On 11/5/2021 at 8:30 AM, libgirl2 said:

And at least the other two have dresses that are somewhat festive and dressy... meanwhile she has a gray sack on with dirty nylons. Jill is really a bad mother, she should be ashamed of herself--- but she isn't. 

Say that again for the people in the back….. Jill is a really BAD mother!

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I don’t think Jill realizes that now she won’t be able to blame production for how bad they sound.

They won’t sound as bad as they usually do, because Autotune will correct the pitch of all the voices and instruments.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I bet the recording has been doctored so much it doesn't sound at all like the out-of-tune Rodrigueses. No wonder Jill was surprised when she heard it. The people who hear them in person will know.

And Jill will filter/photo shop the heck out a family pic for the cover, so in the end it will not look or sound like them

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I don’t think Jill realizes that now she won’t be able to blame production for how bad they sound.

I also don't ever remember her seeming the slightest bit apologetic or bashful about the quality before, so her retroactive concern about it now cracks me up. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

Oh, Jill. If I knew God answers prayers for studio recording sessions to make bad singers and untrained musicians sound decent, I would have made a music career my burden in life. As it is, I can fit into your in-person performances if you need me.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Oh, Jill. If I knew God answers prayers for studio recording sessions to make bad singers and untrained musicians sound decent, I would have made a music career my burden in life. As it is, I can fit into your in-person performances if you need me.  

God really isn't worried about people dying or kids going hungry.... He is more concerned about this. I do believe God answers small  prayers but not this.

• Love 9

Autotune can only do so much. I don't think it can fix the warbling of the littles. Or screechy instruments. Or cowbells. 😶

Someone on FJ noticed that Jill made her posts at around 4 am last night. What the hell? Does she go back to bed and sleep until noon? 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Dare we call them the Jilli Vanillis? I’m sorry but I couldn’t resist. 

Oh yes, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in stitches😅

That woman is on an entirely new level of monstrousness. Her children continue to look like they will keel over any second but she is totally oblivious to all.

I do think that Kaylee might just move away a little from her grip, given that she comes across as a bit feisty and Jill doesn't care enough about her to go visit her every other week.

Who still buys a CD anyhow?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Dare we call them the Jilli Vanillis? I’m sorry but I couldn’t resist. 

You win the internet today! That is BRILLIANT!

3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Oh yes, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in stitches😅

That woman is on an entirely new level of monstrousness. Her children continue to look like they will keel over any second but she is totally oblivious to all.

I do think that Kaylee might just move away a little from her grip, given that she comes across as a bit feisty and Jill doesn't care enough about her to go visit her every other week.

Who still buys a CD anyhow?

Well, since JillyBean is stuck in the 80’s…

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Jellybean, where are the posts about the renovation at the Barndo? I wonder if the crew of GWE and RodBoys was unable to work fast enough for the Thanksgiving deadline of JillR. Or maybe some inspections on their work revealed issues? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Jellybean, where are the posts about the renovation at the Barndo? I wonder if the crew of GWE and RodBoys was unable to work fast enough for the Thanksgiving deadline of JillR. Or maybe some inspections on their work revealed issues? 

Inspections? Doubtful. Problems are revealed only when something falls off, catches on fire, or electrocutes someone. 

With all his carting Jill around and sitting in church, David probably isn't home often enough to make much progress on the upstairs attic addition. None of the sons are properly trained to do the work. Maybe Jilly hired/grifted some locals (professionals or not) to come in. She'll still give Hunk all the credit. 

Brace yourselves for photos of Hunk looking sexy wearing his tool belt.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 11/3/2021 at 11:35 AM, iwantcookies said:

Hi this is Timothy Rodrigues! I want to wish MAMA a happy birthday and a speedy recovery to her SEVERELY injured knee and SEVERELY empty UTERUS. I hear strange noises from my parents room nightly. What are they? I’m too godly and innocent to know! 

Damn!  Can Timothy hear all that out in his trailer?  Hope his siblings inside the house have hearing protection!  I am traumatized just thinking about it!  

• LOL 11
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Autotune can only do so much. I don't think it can fix the warbling of the littles. Or screechy instruments. Or cowbells. 😶

Someone on FJ noticed that Jill made her posts at around 4 am last night. What the hell? Does she go back to bed and sleep until noon? 

The studio owner said he likes to let local groups keep their "unique" sound. "Let them do what they do and then just try and polish it a little bit." In other words, Rods will still sound like the Rods, just maybe a tad better. Warbling, screeching, and bleeding will still be there. Of course, Jill may not be happy if her little group doesn't sound like the professionals she imagines them to be. The studio people might be sorry they took this job. 

As for the posts in the middle of the night, Jill may be so high on the stimulants in Plexus she goes into a frenzy until she drops. The servants will just carry on. 

• Love 13

IMO, there's two kind of folks on the internet all hours of the night - those who have poor sleep 🙋🏽‍♀️ and those who are addicted to there phones 📲. I'm guessing JillR is the latter.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

The Tim Hortons chain isn't a presence in my region of the US. It originated and is really big in Canada, although it does have a few hundred US locations (and may be owned by Burger King these days).

So I didn't understand the reference to Timothy Rodrigues as Timbits until I was watching a YouTube video today. The guy is in Canada, and today's video included footage of coffee and some treats at a Tim Hortons:

timbits.thumb.jpg.155c8d90c95ffa369f052e8d170683aa.jpg

It says on the side of the box: "Always fun." 

Timbits: always fun. Yeah, I'm easily amused. 🤣

Except Timbits Rodrigues is the opposite of fun. That kid is a walking downer.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

The Tim Hortons chain isn't a presence in my region of the US. It originated and is really big in Canada, although it does have a few hundred US locations (and may be owned by Burger King these days).

So I didn't understand the reference to Timothy Rodrigues as Timbits until I was watching a YouTube video today. The guy is in Canada, and today's video included footage of coffee and some treats at a Tim Hortons:

timbits.thumb.jpg.155c8d90c95ffa369f052e8d170683aa.jpg

It says on the side of the box: "Always fun." 

Timbits: always fun. Yeah, I'm easily amused. 🤣

A Canadian here…Timbits are tasty, Timbit R not so much 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Tim Horton’s has a lot of stores in Ohio.  Chances are the Rods are familiar with the franchise.

I have never been to a US Tim’s but every time I go back to Canada I make multiple trips.  It’s an institution there. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Tim Horton’s has a lot of stores in Ohio.  Chances are the Rods are familiar with the franchise.

I have never been to a US Tim’s but every time I go back to Canada I make multiple trips.  It’s an institution there. 

Yes, we definitely love our Timmies here in Canada ! Lol

• Love 7

I don't think most Americans can grasp the importance of Tim Horton's to Canadians.  There are almost 4300 stores from coast to coast.  By comparison there are just under 1450 McDonalds in all of Canada.  So roughly 3 times as many.  Every small town has a Tim Horton's.

I would not be surprised if Jill turned her nose up at the "foreign" coffee shop though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I don't think most Americans can grasp the importance of Tim Horton's to Canadians.  There are almost 4300 stores from coast to coast.  By comparison there are just under 1450 McDonalds in all of Canada.  So roughly 3 times as many.  Every small town has a Tim Horton's.

I would not be surprised if Jill turned her nose up at the "foreign" coffee shop though.

Tim Horton's is to Canada and upstate NY, as Dunkin Donuts is to New England and other parts of the US. I believe there's over 9000 DDs.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Tim Horton's is to Canada and upstate NY, as Dunkin Donuts is to New England and other parts of the US. I believe there's over 9000 DDs.

I only had their donuts once. We were on vacation in Grand Haven MI. There was one across the street from our hotel. It was about 8 at night and we walked across a busy street (well ran) because my husband, who had them in Canada before, said they were really good. They were but I wouldn't go out of my way for one. I'm not a big donut person. 

• Love 3

For some reason little Sofia Rod popped into my mind while I was at work today. And at the same time came the realization that she's probably the (and Kaylee) of the younger set, which would explain why she always looks like a vagabond.

10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This one?

4BC93E08-2C8F-4DCE-9C78-41CC1987BFC2.jpeg

That’s rich. Tell us Jill, what do you and your lump of a husband ever deny yourselves?  You only deny your children (food, decent clothing, an education) 😡

• Love 9
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Jill said her pastor said folks should be careful of not replacing church with the pleasure of "toys", including phones and shopping. She shares this from her phone after posting about shopping with her sister.

Is she that stupid?

I think we all know the answer to that one 😉

• LOL 16
  • Love 5