Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

from pics and videos of the rod family church visits, it would seem they most often "perform" or preach at sunday afternnoon services or wednesday evening services. most appear not well attended. We  have seen a love offering box, with the rod's name on it, prominently displayed at the front of some sanctuary recently.

you can also send donations to support them to the Central Missionary Clearinghouse

funny how the print shop was  "just so busy" (can't remember the quote, but they were flying like pancakes or some such thing) about 2 months ago and yet they have mostly traveled every minute since that was posted.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
On 10/28/2021 at 9:53 PM, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, the Wissmanns are a put together version of the JRods.

https://wissmannfamily.com/ministry/

On 10/29/2021 at 5:39 AM, ginger90 said:

From their [the Wissmans] page:  Financial Arrangements

We have been blessed to be able to truly say, “The Lord is our Provider”! We travel on a love-gift offering basis, trusting God to meet our needs through the generosity of His people. If you prefer not to have a free-will offering, please let us know and we will negotiate enough to cover our needs.

Those ^^ two quotes are from the Lonely J's topic shortly after J-whosits announced he's courting Hannah Wissman. The Wissmans are so FAR above the Rods it's not even funny. They have a musical ministry and make appearances at churches, but they don't look like raggedy waifs and as noted, they take care of the financial business like adults. I haven't bothered to listen and compare but I'm sure the Wissmans are also better musicians than the Rods. Plus, they all seem to have real world jobs and/or businesses in addition to their "love offering" musical travels. And AFAIK they aren't in the tract-printing biz, lol.

53 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They [the Rods] probably get a “love offering”, which means that the church members pass the hat and put money in it to donate to the Rods.  As high as gas prices are right now, I honestly don’t know how the Rods can afford to do all of this traveling. I would think that the Stink Bus uses a lot of gas, and the “love offerings” can’t amount to much when there are only (maybe) 30 people at the church service.

Yep, and thanks to @crazy8s for mentioning the clearing house for donations to support the Rods' ministry. I was trying to remember the name of it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, 65mickey said:

So the Rodrigues family goes from church to church to church singing and preaching. Do they get paid for this? 

I grew up in a baptist church. Many groups made the circuit, traveling from church to church singing and/or preaching usually on a Sunday evening. In our church a love offering would be taken and a pot-luck dinner would be served in the fellowship hall. If needed car repairs would be made, medical services arranged, laundry would be provided at someone’s home and extra food provided for their trip. Sometimes the group members would also spend the night at church members’ homes. If a family like the Rods were performing they would also be gifted with clothes, shoes, toys, haircuts, whatever was needed that church members could provide. These things were given out of Christian love and never resented as far as I saw. Usually a particular group only visited once or maybe twice a year.

• Useful 16
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I grew up in a baptist church. Many groups made the circuit, traveling from church to church singing and/or preaching usually on a Sunday evening. In our church a love offering would be taken and a pot-luck dinner would be served in the fellowship hall. If needed car repairs would be made, medical services arranged, laundry would be provided at someone’s home and extra food provided for their trip. Sometimes the group members would also spend the night at church members’ homes. If a family like the Rods were performing they would also be gifted with clothes, shoes, toys, haircuts, whatever was needed that church members could provide. These things were given out of Christian love and never resented as far as I saw. Usually a particular group only visited once or maybe twice a year.

Good to know. It sounds like your church treated those traveling folks with kindness and generosity. ❤️

• Love 18
27 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Wow, your church is very giving!  Our Baptist church takes up a love offering and that’s it!  Don’t ever mention the name of the church that you’re referring to, because Grifter Jill will worry them to death, claiming that God has given her a sign that they MUST perform there!  She’s probably already making a “we need ____” list and checking it twice, just in case.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I believe most would. Even the Rod family can be tolerated for one night and the children would definitely be pitied and provided for. I imagine their home church is happy to get a break from Jill when they travel. 🙂

Speaking of JillyBean’s (that name appeared in autocorrect!) home church, she hasn’t had her phone out scanning the audience during a church service in quite a while.  I wonder if someone complained and the pastor made her stop doing it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Speaking of JillyBean’s (that name appeared in autocorrect!) home church, she hasn’t had her phone out scanning the audience during a church service in quite a while.  I wonder if someone complained and the pastor made her stop doing it.

When has JillyBean ever stopped doing something because someone told her to stop doing it? Pastor or otherwise?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I did actually call Jilly's church once about the videos Jill was posting of their congregation, including children and once she gave names for minors who were practicing their preaching skills along with Gabriel and Phillip. There was no answer but I left a message for the Pastor. left my name and #. never heard from him. I can't remember how long ago that was, early summer maybe.

• Useful 11
  • Love 7

Looks like JillR is back at work on the Barndo. Apparently they are painting what looks like a very small area, but who knows with JillR’s wonky timeline. She also updated the status of her knee - doctor thinks she tore something. She is asking for prayers but I’m guessing this isn’t too serious of an injury. But she still has that brace and now her leg hurts. She’s too much. She’s also claiming that they have been offered TV shows but she is too godly to let TV control her family. She is a lying liar, she would put her family on TV so fast if anyone showed even a tiny bit of interest.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Looks like JillR is back at work on the Barndo. Apparently they are painting what looks like a very small area, but who knows with JillR’s wonky timeline. She also updated the status of her knee - doctor thinks she tore something. She is asking for prayers but I’m guessing this isn’t too serious of an injury. But she still has that brace and now her leg hurts. She’s too much. She’s also claiming that they have been offered TV shows but she is too godly to let TV control her family. She is a lying liar, she would put her family on TV so fast if anyone showed even a tiny bit of interest.

Did you see the area they're painting!? Its not properly taped or mudded. At the top of the walls it doesn't even looked to be taped at all. And the way they're applying texture to the ceiling, WTF is that?

I hope the don't let the builders back in, they'll cry at how the Rods are ruining their craftsmanship. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did you see the area they're painting!? Its not properly taped or mudded. At the top of the walls it doesn't even looked to be taped at all. And the way they're applying texture to the ceiling, WTF is that?

I hope the don't let the builders back in, they'll cry at how the Rods are ruining their craftsmanship. 

Pretty sure that's the attic space. I guess they figure they can cut corners there. But knowing their slip shod prior work, they probably cut corners in the living room as well. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Pretty sure that's the attic space. I guess they figure they can cut corners there. But knowing their slip shod prior work, they probably cut corners in the living room as well. 

Yes, it must be, the area is small and the ceilings are low. It'll be less than a year when all the tape starts to separate. They're idiots.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

She’s also claiming that they have been offered TV shows but she is too godly to let TV control her family. She is a lying liar, she would put her family on TV so fast if anyone showed even a tiny bit of interest.

Nice try, Jan (Jill)😂

1456812292289429508.gif

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, SMama said:

The quote box won't go away.

IF, and that's a huge if, they've been offered tv shows, we all know they probably didn't turn them down, but the offers were probably quickly rescinded as soon as they found out that Jill intended to be in charge....of EVERYTHING!

Jill LOVES attention way too much to turn down an offer like that.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, beckie said:

IF, and that's a huge if, they've been offered tv shows, we all know they probably didn't turn them down, but the offers were probably quickly rescinded as soon as they found out that Jill intended to be in charge....of EVERYTHING!

Jill LOVES attention way too much to turn down an offer like that.

I agree. I doubt it was "we were offered a TV show and refused!"

IMO it was more like someone with a production company scouted them out as a possible subject for a TV show or faux reality series, but quickly concluded it wouldn't' work. Jill would have insisted on being in charge of exactly how they were presented on the show. Which would have brought an end to any discussions because the production company and network make decisions of that kind. I doubt it was any kind of firm offer of a TV show. 

In her mind: "We turned them down!"

In the minds of the TV people who approached Jill and David, "They insisted on approval of final edits, and anyway were clearly not people we could work with, so the discussions went nowhere."

And come on - if Jill had spent any time talking with TV people, she would have managed to drop a few selfies with them onto her social media even if she was vague about who they were. This is the woman who at least once, if not twice, posted what was supposed to be a confidential Duggar wedding invitation on public social media. Jill has a lot of trouble keeping her mouth shut. 

ETA: Heck, it could have been that some film school student or recent grad approached Jill about making a TV show pilot on spec with a shoestring budget. In her mind that would be about the same as "we were offered a TV show!" by a real production company with a network deal ready to roll. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 9

Jill is a legend in her own mind. Sure they force themselves to be on social media when they prefer a quiet private life. And of course they have turned down TV show offers. What this reminded me of is a SNL skit "1920's holiday party."  Kristin Wiig is at the party with Jon Hamm who is playing the piano.  She says "don't make me sing" over and over and the other guests are looking at her like she is nuts. One man finally says "No one is making you sing." If you want a good laugh it is on YouTube. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Jill is a legend in her own mind. Sure they force themselves to be on social media when they prefer a quiet private life. And of course they have turned down TV show offers. What this reminded me of is a SNL skit "1920's holiday party."  Kristin Wiig is at the party with Jon Hamm who is playing the piano.  She says "don't make me sing" over and over and the other guests are looking at her like she is nuts. One man finally says "No one is making you sing." If you want a good laugh it is on YouTube. 

I've been trying to imagine a conversation between Jill and a TV producer or scout. Hee.

And, wait a minute! I've had an idea. What if it was Daniel in the laundromat???

So, Jill's haranguing him about Jesus, and to shut her up he starts talking about his buddy who's now living in LA after going to film school, and is looking for a chance to make a pilot for a TV show, and maybe Jill's family would be a good subject.

Jill gets all turned on and revved up by the whiff of fame and fortune, takes Daniel's courtesy as having accepted Jesus, and floats out of the laundromat with the phone number of Daniel's buddy in LA who's something in the TV business. And decides she's surely brought Daniel to the Lord as well. 

• LOL 14

I'm of the mind that JillR is straight up lying about being offered a show. A total straight up (wishful thinking) lie.

JillR is amazing though. She manages to push herself so hard to post on SM, that she manages a half a dozen posts each day. Influencers who do this as a full time job don't post that often.

• Love 22

interesting this came right after her "friend" posted the glowing tribute about the rods having better standards than those TV families with 19 children.

it pains Jill so much to post on social media 🤣 Even when 1 post of an event would cover it, she posts 15. Often in her videos you can see Renee, Kaylee, Tessie etc also filming the exact same thing from different angles.

Hey Jilly, if you're reading here - I called your church because all of the other people there deserve to make their own decision on whether or not they want to be filmed in times of worship and plastered on SM for your "fans".  People taking photos/videos in worship have been successfully sued, as well as the churches who allow it. Unless everyone signed a waiver for you to post their images you have violated their privacy and rights to use of their own image.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 3
  • Love 20
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh Jill. Now she's claiming that they've been offered TV shows and turned them down. Sure, Jan.

DE2C0BF1-9018-49BE-BD82-1CE4DCAFAE67.png.5f7b3cd09477b91124aeb9ce217b4383.png

Cough—bullshit—. Btw Jill; maybe people wouldn’t “bring tears to your eyes” if you weren’t a hateful, judgmental, grifting bitch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
58 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm of the mind that JillR is straight up lying about being offered a show. A total straight up (wishful thinking) lie.

JillR is amazing though. She manages to push herself so hard to post on SM, that she manages a half a dozen posts each day. Influencers who do this as a full time job don't post that often.

Anyone wanna bet that she saw the cameras at Jessa's wedding and made a beeline for the production staff and pitched herself for a show?  And, in her twisted mind, that it was ultimately her decision not to do it.  I can imagine the producers humoring her, agreeing that her family was ideal for their own show just to humor her and get her to get the hell away from them.  Then, the minute filming ended, they high-tailed it outta there laughing all the way at the crazy fundy nutjob thinking she should be on TV.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

I SEVERELY doubt the Rods have been approached several times to do a TV show and have turned down all offers. I'd like to see names, dates, and details for these offers. People like Jill have vivid imaginations and bend the truth to suit their mood and purpose.  As for social media isn't in "our" comfort zone, "we" prefer quiet and private, that is probably true--for everyone in the family except Jill, who can never get enough attention. She's the one with all the social media accounts. 

• Love 22

Grifter Jill would never turn down an opportunity to show her beloved self on TV. The only thing that might stop her is fear that some truths about her family become well known (starving, uneducated kids etc.) or the fact that no one has asked!

• Love 15
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I came here to say the same thing - I don’t think they were ever offered a show, nor did they ever even discuss one. She is just a liar. And how are they “persecuted” regularly?  
ETA - I mean “spiritual attacks.” 😆

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I SEVERELY doubt the Rods have been approached several times to do a TV show and have turned down all offers. I'd like to see names, dates, and details for these offers. People like Jill have vivid imaginations and bend the truth to suit their mood and purpose.  As for social media isn't in "our" comfort zone, "we" prefer quiet and private, that is probably true--for everyone in the family except Jill, who can never get enough attention. She's the one with all the social media accounts. 

It does seem that Nurie and Nathan definitely prefer some privacy, since they don’t even have their own SM accounts. Nurie should stop sending Jill pictures to post, but she won’t. 😥

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

No one wants them unless it is for the circus factor. Or maybe a news story on awful fundie families and starving children. 

Lord knows Ohio CPS would be inundated with calls reporting them if they were ever on TV, and she knows it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

It does seem that Nurie and Nathan definitely prefer some privacy, since they don’t even have their own SM accounts. Nurie should stop sending Jill pictures to post, but she won’t. 😥

I think Nurie sends JillR pictures of the baby all the time (that’s what most new moms do these days) and Jilly begs to post them. So occasionally Nurie gives the ok for a few pictures. Otherwise we would be seeing Nemo on a daily basis.

• Love 14

I honestly think Jill is barely injured. If she was in such SEVERE pain she’d be home, not doing non stop grifting/traveling/painting for the last 6 weeks (ha as if she actually continued painting. I think she painted only as long as she was shot for the video)…

who paid for her to see a MEDICAL doctor? There was no go fund me for that or their expenses… shocking that she didn’t grift a new wheelchair accessible van lol. 

Jill spends other people’s $. Who is sponsoring her? Lord Daniel?

• Love 9
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

interesting this came right after her "friend" posted the glowing tribute about the rods having better standards than those TV families with 19 children.

it pains Jill so much to post on social media 🤣 Even when 1 post of an event would cover it, she posts 15. Often in her videos you can see Renee, Kaylee, Tessie etc also filming the exact same thing from different angles.

Hey Jilly, if you're reading here - I called your church because all of the other people there deserve to make their own decision on whether or not they want to be filmed in times of worship and plastered on SM for your "fans".  People taking photos/videos in worship have been successfully sued, as well as the churches who allow it. Unless everyone signed a waiver for you to post their images you have violated their privacy and rights to use of their own image.

Don't forget invading the privacy of a family grieving the loss of three children streamed live on FB for all to see. With Jill's fat head front and center.

1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

I think Nurie sends JillR pictures of the baby all the time (that’s what most new moms do these days) and Jilly begs to post them. So occasionally Nurie gives the ok for a few pictures. Otherwise we would be seeing Nemo on a daily basis.

I doubt that Jill asks Nurie. She just posts when she feels like it. 🙄

• Love 20