Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Does no one in this family notice the difference between the children of JillR and Angie? Angie’s kids have rosy cheeks! And are not dressed in rags.

This photo of the non-quadriplegic sister reminds me that Jill's kids' thinness might well be genetic. (Or some of it, anyway.) Look at how thin Angie's face and neck are, and her dark undereye circles. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was the Rod kids' mother. 

On another note, the way Jill Fraud capitalizes the F in family, as in "Hillegass Family," reminds me of the Mafia. "Leave the gun, take the cannoli." 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I only had their donuts once. We were on vacation in Grand Haven MI. There was one across the street from our hotel. It was about 8 at night and we walked across a busy street (well ran) because my husband, who had them in Canada before, said they were really good. They were but I wouldn't go out of my way for one. I'm not a big donut person. 

I like this because you were in my hometown. 

2 hours ago, Gweilo said:

"My sister Amy Foster (Praying for Amy Foster)" 😳

That just kills me. It's brilliant. Amy Foster (Praying for Amy Foster) has her own post-nominal.

Jill is such an awful person.

So much of this. I knew she would not mention Angie without mentioning Amy, because that is what Jill does. She is horrible.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Gweilo said:

"My sister Amy Foster (Praying for Amy Foster)" 😳

That just kills me. It's brilliant. Amy Foster (Praying for Amy Foster) has her own post-nominal.

Jill is such an awful person.

On FB, Praying for Amy Foster is a tag. Jill set up that page when Amy was in the hospital. 

• Useful 1
Spoiler

Greetings to you!  What a beautiful day it is to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air! I love these beautiful sunny days. Our front porch is full of children, kittens, and a puppy. I have to watch where I roll to keep from running over someone or something, but I love the busyness. We have started a new homeschool year. I enjoy teaching the children and seeing them improve in their academics. I also enjoy reading together with them as well as talking, laughing, praying, confiding, singing, playing games together, etc. Also, my parents moved onto our property last month. We are happy to have them so close. I am very blessed! 
   But life is still a struggle. The things I took for granted before like blowing my nose, scratching an itch, coughing, turning in bed, getting up when I want, doing my hair, going for a walk, dishing my food, cleaning the house, driving to the store are very hard or impossible for me to do now. I miss walking hand in hand beside Kevin and sitting close in church. I miss doing my girls' hair . I miss working around the house all day and looking back at the jobs I accomplished. I have grieved over not having more children. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed knowing that I will be a quadriplegic for the rest of my life. It doesn't get better or go away. It is a constant giving of my self and my desires to the Lord. I don't want to give up or be useless for God's glory. I pray that I will be a willing vessel empty of selfishness, pride, and doubt, so I can be filled with His goodness. Sometimes it is easy for me to complain. I have found myself thinking I have the right to complain or be depressed or unthankful because of my circumstances. But God commands me not to complain. His commands apply to me just as much as anyone else. One morning, I started down the road of negative thinking. Then the Lord brought to my mind the song "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus." Focusing on Jesus rather than myself changed my attitude. 
   Elisabeth Elliott said, " Refuse self pity. Refuse it absolutely. It is a deadly thing with the power to destroy you. Turn your thoughts to Christ Who has already carried out griefs and sorrows." 
   It is a comfort to know that God knows the feeling of our infirmities and is full of compassion and mercy. The many times I have failed Him in this trial, He is there to pick me up again and keep me going. When I don't know what to pray, just praying Jesus's name over and over again has brought comfort to me. His name is powerful. Also singing has helped me. Quoting Scripture has also helped.
   It says to "bear one another's burdens" in the Bible. My twin sister Angie has helped to lift some of my burdens by always having a listening ear. We talk on the phone almost every day. Somehow having someone to talk to and share my struggles with really helps me. 
     As long as you focus on the darkness, it will get darker. I think it was Corrie Ten Boom that said, "The deepest level of worship is praising God in spite of the pain, thanking God during the trials, trusting Him when we are tempted to lose hope, and loving Him when He seems so distant and far away. At my lowest, God is my hope. At my darkest, God is my light. At my weakest, God is my strength. At my saddest, God is my comforter."
    Well, thank you for taking the time to read this and for praying for me and my family. 💗Amy

Her most recent post (September). It’s long so I used the spoiler.

Edited by ginger90
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Amy still posts on it sporadically.

I've read the posts. Its either remarkably sad or maybe Amy is a wee bit like Jill. If I'm remembering correctly the tone of the posts are of Amy leaning on God as she struggles to accept her limitations. I'm hoping that is just what she decides to share and not the general sense of her existence.

(I hope that post doesn't sound harsh. I can't imagine how hard this has all been for Amy and her family, every single day, since the accident occurred. I just remember feeling sad when I happened upon her page and read a couple of years of posts.)

• Love 12
10 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Does no one in this family notice the difference between the children of JillR and Angie? Angie’s kids have rosy cheeks! And are not dressed in rags.

They mentioned on Reddit that the not Rod kid is two year younger than the Rod kid yet they are about the same size. 

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They mentioned on Reddit that the not Rod kid is two year younger than the Rod kid yet they are about the same size. 

They are about the same height, but the cousin has cheeks, sturdier body, and a lot of healthy hair. 

• Love 16

Here is what Amy says near the end of her September FB post:

It says to "bear one another's burdens" in the Bible. My twin sister Angie has helped to lift some of my burdens by always having a listening ear. We talk on the phone almost every day. Somehow having someone to talk to and share my struggles with really helps me. 

Jill has to hate the fact that it is Angie who is mentioned as being Amy's emotional helper.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

Here is what Amy says near the end of her September FB post:

Jill has to hate the fact that it is Angie who is mentioned as being Amy's emotional helper.

And this was Jill's response to Amy's post. JillR really makes me want to vomit.

image.png.dd07a3ab8b5c6df507c1a8aad466bef9.png

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I doubt Amy has been to therapy or seen a psychiatrist… Her trauma is something that can shatter a person mentally. Thankfully her husband didn’t divorce her.

Especially since the crash was his fault, or at least his responsibility. Divorcing her would be adding insult to injury. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

And this was Jill's response to Amy's post. JillR really makes me want to vomit.

image.png.dd07a3ab8b5c6df507c1a8aad466bef9.png

Close your pie whole Jill. What a horrible woman.

Imagine if her HUNK became bedridden? Jill would saddle Timbot with caretaking 24/7. Jill wouldn’t do anything!

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

It's clear that JillRod's nose was out of joint at the obvious closeness of her other two sisters. She doesn't respond by looking at herself and deciding to call and listen to Amy more like Angie does. Instead she posts on SM so the world will know that she too is close to her sister. Sorry Jill, but actions speak louder than words, no matter how much capitalization you use!

It makes sense that Amy and Angie are close, that how it works with twins but of course Jill is jealous of their bond. I just can't with that woman. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It makes sense that Amy and Angie are close, that how it works with twins but of course Jill is jealous of their bond. I just can't with that woman. 

Jill is the (and Kaylee) of her fam. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

How many grandkids do Jill's parents have total? Amy has five, Angie has nine (my laptop corrected her name to Angina, lol), Jill and Sasquatch* have 13, and I think there is one more sister. That's a lot of grandkids, even by fundie standards. 

*I hereby submit that David's new nickname be Sasquatch. (He'll always be Chimp to me, but I understand and support why we can't use that one.)

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Courting =engagement to Jillie bean.

I’m thinking those 2 will get married next year.

Jill is SEVERELY blessed everyone 🙄.

Plexus plexus plexus is mentioned everywhere by Jill. You’d think for the match Jill would give plexus for free to the Coverette family 😂

• Love 2
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Also I mean seriously:

at the church we were singing at? SMH. Homeschooling fail by Joyful Noyse academy. 

At least Jill didn't say, "At the church we WAS singing at." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

“Soon to be family”??  I didn’t know that Kaylee and Jonathan were engaged!
JRod has posted several new singing and preaching videos on FB. 😣

No, no. It’s soon to be “family.” Whatever that means…. (Don’t care whether they’re engaged or not, just intrigued by the random quotation marks.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I don't really see much difference in how Jill's family is dressed and how Angie's family is dressed. They all look like they went to a thrift store and dug clothes out of a $1 bin. Is it part of their religion that the unmarried teenage girls must wear skirts down to the floor? None of these children look healthy to me. They all pretty much look the same to me. 

The pictures that Jill posted on Facebook show mostly empty seats in the churches where this group is singing. I guess word got out don't come this Sunday the Rods. are singing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder how many churches have become hip to Jill's game? It seems like the places they're traveling to are becoming smaller and more remote by the day.

Have they ever been to the same church twice?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, 65mickey said:

So the Rodrigues family goes from church to church to church singing and preaching. Do they get paid for this? 

They probably get a “love offering”, which means that the church members pass the hat and put money in it to donate to the Rods.  As high as gas prices are right now, I honestly don’t know how the Rods can afford to do all of this traveling. I would think that the Stink Bus uses a lot of gas, and the “love offerings” can’t amount to much when there are only (maybe) 30 people at the church service.

• Love 17
37 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They probably get a “love offering”, which means that the church members pass the hat and put money in it to donate to the Rods.  As high as gas prices are right now, I honestly don’t know how the Rods can afford to do all of this traveling. I would think that the Stink Bus uses a lot of gas, and the “love offerings” can’t amount to much when there are only (maybe) 30 people at the church service.

Agree, and no doubt the vehicle needs quite a few repairs after all of that wear and tear. I’m sure they write all those costs off as “business” expenses on their taxes.

• Love 5