Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Timmy is living in that little camper.  Where’d that camper come from?  Who bought it?  How much does a camper like that cost anyway?  I’ve seen pics of the interior and exterior, and it looks fairly new.

A camper like that one costs anywhere between $20,000-40,000 new based on a quick perusal of Camping World's website.  I would imagine one could find a camper cheaper.  I have no idea how depreciation works with campers.  Apparently, they can be financed so repossessions are in play as well as fools who shell out thousands on a toy only to sell it 6 months later.  Because it's the Rods, grifting is also a possibility.  I'm shocked that Jill and Shrek allow him to live by himself though.  I would assume he needs an accountability partner with him for the obvious reason.  That's a lot of temptation for a young man. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Tim was also shown in his "camper" with a large screen tv in the background, in the christmas pics where he was holding the shoes. lots of cables running from it. Wonder is best mama ever has found his stash of dvd's or tim's case, probably VHS tapes

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Thanks for the recommendation! There’s also a pretty good documentary on Amazon Prime Video called The Slave Circle that highlights the same themes of MLMs. They really prey on vulnerable people.

My best friend's husband got roped into Amway when they first got married. Her husband was sure they would be millionaires in no time. All that happened is they went into debt. And the friends that roped him (mainly) into it? Even more into debt. He showed us the "plan" at my parent's house, my ex, who I was dating at the time, asked questions he could not answer..... my dad got up and left the room. He heard the spiel at work 20 years before and no one got rich then either. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I find it hard to believe Tim can afford food, vet care, flea, tick and heartworm preventatives and all the other assorted costs that come with owning a poorly bred dog. 

Based on how his family does things, food, medical care and etc. are not needed for human children, so why would a pet be any different?

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Timmy is living in that little camper.  Where’d that camper come from?  Who bought it?  How much does a camper like that cost anyway?  I’ve seen pics of the interior and exterior, and it looks fairly new.

Tim needs to save his pennies, buy a truck, and haul ass in the middle of the night with the fifth wheeler. Start anew in another state with a prearranged transfer from his job. No communication with best mama and sperm donor. Free Timothy!

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, SMama said:

Tim needs to save his pennies, buy a truck, and haul ass in the middle of the night with the fifth wheeler. Start anew in another state with a prearranged transfer from his job. No communication with best mama and sperm donor. Free Timothy!

Nice idea. Will happen shortly after Hell freezes over, though. 

• Love 11

Tim looks a lot better in the dog picture than he does while podcasting. However, he should use some of the dental insurance from his manager/coordinator job at the care center to take care of his puffy, red gums.

Does he still have that job, or did BEST MOMMA manage to get him fired? Are we getting a post and a cute dog picture as a, well, distraction?  

• Love 5
On 1/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, ginger90 said:

A short  video:

That was Jill?  She looks rough. I admit I haven't kept up with the Rods for a while, but she looks really rough compared to pictures I've seen of her earlier.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:34 AM, Jenniferbug said:

I would bet money that Jill is pushing Nurie to sign up to sell under her, and that Nathan suggested they try the products first instead as a compromise. Hopefully he can keep putting her off, but Jill is a force so who knows how long he and Nurie can hold out. 

She's still going to push them to sell it. My grandson's babysitter talked me into becoming a seller for Plexus by telling me how much I would save by ordering it direct instead of through her. This was early in Plexus history when the mystery chemicals contained something that actually helped with weight loss. After about 6 months they "improved" their product and it did nothing for me. At that time Plexus charged a monthly fee and I ended up canceling my credit card because they wouldn't stop charging it even though I filled out the forms to stop selling it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Jayden Carl... doesn't really flow.

No it doesn't. Jayden is so trendy, Carl not so much. 

1 hour ago, Nysha said:

She's still going to push them to sell it. My grandson's babysitter talked me into becoming a seller for Plexus by telling me how much I would save by ordering it direct instead of through her. This was early in Plexus history when the mystery chemicals contained something that actually helped with weight loss. After about 6 months they "improved" their product and it did nothing for me. At that time Plexus charged a monthly fee and I ended up canceling my credit card because they wouldn't stop charging it even though I filled out the forms to stop selling it.

I don't doubt that she will. 

4 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Zach and Whitney Bates are having a boy. His name will be Jayden Carl. 

That’s awesome, two boys, two girls, they can now call it a complete family. I know that will never happen, but I do hope Zach’s memories of eating crappy food, not enough food, fighting for the scraps from his parents’ steak dinners makes him do some soul searching. Zach and Whitney seem to enjoy nice clothes, a nice home, Apple watches, and traveling. May the lure of a better life constantly invade their thoughts.

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, awaken said:

They must really be out of options to have a sheltered teen preach at them. 

The Sunday afternoon slot is open to beginners. I think all the Rod boys have "preached" in that timeslot. I doubt it's very well attended.

• Useful 12
54 minutes ago, awaken said:

Maybe the locals don't show up for the service if they know that a five year old is going to preach at them. I know I wouldn't got through it, my eyes would roll out of my head within five minutes of listening to this child with zero life experience.

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, Totally said:

Just what I needed a 16 year old with no life experience preaching at me 

This was my thought. I get giving him a shot one time, for his own experience and for funsies, but it seems like "Philly" has preached multiple times now. I wonder if the Rods' church has dropped in membership? We all know Covid won't keep those idiots from attending in person (and probably maskless), but a teen shouting at parishioners from the pulpit may do it. 

• Love 10

This isn't the Sunday night service in which I presume the real preacher screams at the parishioners. Jill has said that this service gives beginners some practice. It's probably the Rods and a few stragglers who didn't go home after morning services.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, Totally said:

Just what I needed a 16 year old with no life experience preaching at me 

Sounds like all I'd need to head for the restroom and forget to come back.

Aren't they on the road to Florida?

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Sounds like all I'd need to head for the restroom and forget to come back.

Aren't they on the road to Florida?

Jill has been posting well after the fact of late. And this isn't the first time she's told the story of the Boys of Walmart.

• Useful 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Why can't these people worship they way they want and leave others alone? Scounging around in a Walmart parking lot accosting folks about their religion is offensive to me. 

I would’ve been so pissed off if she had approached me. And maskless too?

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I’m so glad most people rejected him. And I hope Cam, Zane, and Colt are just fake names those young people gave him. He looks so much like Chet from Weird Science, I can’t imagine that gelatinous blob approaching me at night in a parking lot. I would’ve reported him to Walmart security. 

Edited by charmed1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Why can't these people worship they way they want and leave others alone? Scounging around in a Walmart parking lot accosting folks about their religion is offensive to me. 

Okay, no doubt a rhetorical question. But.

That's what evangelicals do. It's a bedrock of their theology, that they can't just enjoy being saved by Jesus. They have a God-given duty to spread the Gospel and save others. (Some of them see this as meaning persuading/browbeating/exhausting/threatening people until they see the light and accept the correct Jesus as their Lord and savior. Thank goodness my Southern Baptist relatives don't take that approach.)

That's why, IMO, many members of evangelical churches support missionaries. They feel quietly guilty if they are just going about their lives without constantly bothering everybody else by trying to convert them. So when somebody is devoting their life to "missionary work" for the correct Jesus, the quieter less preach-y church members can assuage some of their own guilt for not being "evangelical" enough, by pitching in to support the "missionaries." Even if the objects of the largesse are self-styled free-range missionaries like the Rods. 

So JillR and the kidz were just out doing their job in the Walmart parking lot. She's covering her *ss by posting her conversion stories on her SM as proof that she and the fam are out there "serving Jesus," which is the reason they collect all those grifted goodies from church members. It adds a little gloss of sincerity to all the posts about family gatherings, restaurant meals, Plexus sales pitches, and political rants.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 7
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, awaken said:

I agree.... he is a kid, I don't get him preaching. I wouldn't take spiritual advice from a child (unless we are talking the Christ child!). Besides reading the Bible, what studying has he done? My friend is in divinity school and she has to write papers for her classes. Does he? He doesn't take classes! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree.... he is a kid, I don't get him preaching. I wouldn't take spiritual advice from a child (unless we are talking the Christ child!). Besides reading the Bible, what studying has he done? My friend is in divinity school and she has to write papers for her classes. Does he? He doesn't take classes! 

He’s just repeating what he’s heard Ma&Pa Rod say since Day One.  The kid has never had one original thought, I’d bet my life on it.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

He is educated at Joyful Noise/Starving Rodrigues academy for the right Jesus 🙄🙄🙄

I bet he couldn’t solve the following 

2x+10=22 what is the value of x?

Or name all the states and presidents.