Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Long hair is their crowning glory, much like in the FLDS. I'm more surprised it took all the way to Josie out of the Duggar and Bateses to chop it off. Although if you don't know how to style hair any differently then it makes sense to stick to your "normal". Josie is actually trained to style hair so I guess that does make a difference.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

So does Kelly really not allow her daughters to cut their hair short? Does she think they might get confused with a man or *gasp* a lesbian? Also, Josie ditched the skirts for pants 2 seconds after marriage, too bad she had to get married at 18 to be able to get a little bit of freedom. 

Screenshot_20181121-112555-540x960.png

20181121_112808.png

A lot of parents are weird about long hair on girls. At first I thought it was a black people thing (I wasn’t allowed to cut my hair until I was 21, and given my parents were supporting me I decided I had more important battles), and many southern people (even if they aren’t fundie) want their minor girls to have long hair, I came across old school Latino Catholic  families who preached the same.  Short hair is “grown” or something🙄.

Goodness it’s hair it grows. I think Josie looks very nice. 

• Love 14

I think this hairstyle suits Josie. Josie is very petite with petite features. Her hair isn’t that thick so her longer hair didn’t overwhelm her like Jessa’s does, but I do think this length frames Josie’s face nicely and also looks more modern than traditional fundie women’s hair.

• Love 21
19 hours ago, Vacantsmile3 said:

I'm calling it now...Erin Payne (Bates) is pregnant again. She was just in Carlin's insta story and she had a belly she was trying to hide!

Where can we find the insta story?  Thanks.  I enjoy this particular forum when the discussion is focused on the Bateseseseses and the Duggars.  There has been waaaaaaaaaaay too much discussion on that Rodrigues family.  I'm OK seeing posts about the older girls, but I just can't with the horrid parents.  

Hopefully talk will shift to Erin's pregnancy.  Of course she is pregnant!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

On the Bates blog they're talking about how Kade is reaching his due date like he was a goddamn micro preemie he was only a couple weeks early.

You can solve that problem, Bateses......stop having kids.

I hope this adorable blond Bates girl gets lots of attention for that cute haircut. Maybe the Duggettes will be jealous and copy. Every one of them would look better with that style.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pasha Kitty said:

Where can we find the insta story?  Thanks.  I enjoy this particular forum when the discussion is focused on the Bateseseseses and the Duggars.  There has been waaaaaaaaaaay too much discussion on that Rodrigues family.  I'm OK seeing posts about the older girls, but I just can't with the horrid parents.  

Hopefully talk will shift to Erin's pregnancy.  Of course she is pregnant!

I screen shot it just for you. She could be pregnant, or she could be sitting in a stripped top (it does look oddly firm though). 

DB75F115-B736-417C-8FB6-398D35C5264B.png

Wow, Josie's hair looks very stylish and polished. Good for her. She's dressing like SHE wants to now. So sad that her parents think the way they do. I think she's more modest in pants than in some of those silly skirts they're forced to wear when single. I certainly hope the married Duggar girls take note. Great choice, Josie.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I hope that Tim has made some acquaintances at school and someone was kind enough to bring him to their families home for the holiday dinner. I bet his eyes would get as big as saucers in seeing a normal table spread of food. That and the realization that he would be allowed to eat a plateful and not have to turn it all over to his parents. I hope he is getting this type of education, as well as his other studies. 

Oh gosh if his idiot parents see he has put on weight, what will happen then?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh gosh if his idiot parents see he has put on weight, what will happen then?

It all depends on if they get any praise for it. Although he might be segregated from his siblings lest they get the notion that looking anorexic (or heroin chic) isn’t normal. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added a wee thought.
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

ss9 pictures 

7 pictures 

It is very telling that, despite about half a dozen pictures of the proceedings, there is only ONE pumpkin cookie seen in every one.  No racks of cookies cooling in the background, no plate of decorated cookies on the table.  Hmmm.... And then the girls photographed eating a cookie, the same cookie.  I suspect there only ever was one cookie and it was purchased by Jill for the photo shoot.  Or David couldn't wait for them to be decorated and wolfed the rest down before they could ice them.

I hope Tim's pastor at college has a real family Thanksgiving with plates piled high with homemade dishes and plenty of leftovers for him to take back to the dorm with him. Interesting that Jill complains that TIM couldn't afford the flight home.  I guess, along with paying for his own college, it is all on him to get home and back again.  Hell, my parents had a bunch of kids and not much money, I paid my way through college, but, yet, when I came home for holidays, my Dad paid the bus fare or gave me gas money for the driver.  Granted, flights from Spokane to Pittsburgh (closest big airport) cost around $800-900; but it bugs me that Jill apparently expects Tim to foot the bill himself since she doesn't mention her and David being unable to afford it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13

I can’t help myself here. I noticed dark rings under the children’s eyes. Some kids were more prevalent than others. Common causes may be an allergies (don’t think so because they all have it to a degree), anemia (where they don’t have enough red blood cells (we are getting warmer. I doubt they get enough to eat), and iron deficiency (ding ding ding. Too little iron in the blood. No red meats or enough green leafy vegetables). This also means that their brains and bodies are not at a normal curve for their ages and growth. These girls are probably not getting enough iron to make a smooth adjustment into puberty. I’m not expert, but to me it is obvious that they need better nutrition and this breaks my heart. 

• Love 23

It’s good to see pics of some of the other kids for once. But don’t they have additional younger boys we rarely see?  

They look awfully sallow. I hope it’s just their coloring, but I’m afraid not 😩

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It is very telling that, despite about half a dozen pictures of the proceedings, there is only ONE pumpkin cookie seen in every one.  No racks of cookies cooling in the background, no plate of decorated cookies on the table.  Hmmm.... And then the girls photographed eating a cookie, the same cookie.  I suspect there only ever was one cookie and it was purchased by Jill for the photo shoot.  Or David couldn't wait for them to be decorated and wolfed the rest down before they could ice them.

I hope Tim's pastor at college has a real family Thanksgiving with plates piled high with homemade dishes and plenty of leftovers for him to take back to the dorm with him. 

There are actually at least a few cookies...if you look at the ones the girls are taking bites out of, most have sugar sprinkles on top, but while one has icing all the way to the edges another has it more just centered in the middle of the cookie, and another has a very generous amount of icing with no sprinkles. So they may actually have each gotten an entire cookie to themselves. The rest of the batch was doubtless eaten by Shrek.

• Love 11

I think they used a pre-baked cookie kit. Those cookies look too perfectly shaped to be homemade.  

So I wonder if we will be graced with photos of the Rods’ Thanksgiving meal? I can see it...a 5# turkey, a pack of King’s Hawaiian rolls still in the plastic bag (not knocking...those rock), a bag of frozen corn, and a small serving bowl of mashed potatoes with two cups of gravy. And for dessert, a single pumpkin pie (half of which goes to David and Jill).

• Love 11
2 hours ago, awaken said:

It’s good to see pics of some of the other kids for once. But don’t they have additional younger boys we rarely see?  

They look awfully sallow. I hope it’s just their coloring, but I’m afraid not 😩

They only have four boys. I think the youngest is in the 8-10 year old range. 

• Love 1

I was amazed at how good Tim's baked goods looked.  Jill takes credit for teaching him but I'm skeptical.  She does play fast and loose with the truth, giving it her own delusional spin.  They sure look better than anything Jill D. has posted.  I also hope some kindhearted people are looking out for Tim and he gets a clue of how screwed-up his family is.  Not to stop loving them but to not emulate them.  Happy Thanksgiving!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I hope Tim's pastor at college has a real family Thanksgiving with plates piled high with homemade dishes and plenty of leftovers for him to take back to the dorm with him. Interesting that Jill complains that TIM couldn't afford the flight home.  I guess, along with paying for his own college, it is all on him to get home and back again.  Hell, my parents had a bunch of kids and not much money, I paid my way through college, but, yet, when I came home for holidays, my Dad paid the bus fare or gave me gas money for the driver.  Granted, flights from Spokane to Pittsburgh (closest big airport) cost around $800-900; but it bugs me that Jill apparently expects Tim to foot the bill himself since she doesn't mention her and David being unable to afford it.

Of course those two POS grifters can’t afford it.  They’ve got a houseful of kids but neither of them have a real job.  I wonder if they get food stamps and if so, how much/month do they get?

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Of course those two POS grifters can’t afford it.  They’ve got a houseful of kids but neither of them have a real job.  I wonder if they get food stamps and if so, how much/month do they get?

I’m sure they do collect stamps as well as hit up the food banks, church food banks, putting their names on the have-nots lists for donations and going to the restaurants that donate food on days like today. There are 88 fast food/restaurants that will give free meals just for signing up for their rewards programs. They figure they only have to comfortably feed two people.  Food stamps national average is $126 per person per month. All that food that they don’t buy pays their electricity, manicures, hair dye etc. These people are grifters of the first class order and I hate that all us hardworking taxpayers have to support them. I don’t mind helping people of real need or circumstance but these people flaunt their abuse of the system and that’s just wrong. Especially when I see how selfish they seem to be and those poor children are malnourished. 

• Love 13

Tim would have more money to get home for Thanksgiving or Christmas if he hadn’t wasted so much money sending Jill those flowers and that stuffed animal recently.  If I were his mother, I would have told him to save the money,  but narcissistic Jill likes to be showered with gifts and then expects someone else to pay for Tim to get home. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Why is there a picture of Tim and Neurie after all the pie pics? It makes it look like she was with him

I was curious about that too, as it looks like a pic from July 4th.

She threw in a line about getting donated miles for a Christmas visit, so maybe it was a last minute subtle donation hint/reminder that Nurie is still available.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 5

Our library has a box for food donations that go to our local food bank.

I can see Jill having the kids rummage through or taking the whole box if she stopped by. (The box is right near the door & I can see them easily slipping out with it. Lol.)

I think Tim's baked goods look great,  esp the berry pie.  I also like the soft pretzel,  one of my favorites. 

• Love 6

Wow, Tim's prayer partner had extra flight points. Funny how that worked. 

JillR: Now Tim when you find someone who talks about taking many trips, ask if he'll be your prayer partner.

Tim: Why Mama?

JR: Just do it Tim and be very nice. Be sure to talk about ALL of your siblings and Baby Janessa's brain problems and Auntie's SEVERE disability.

T: Okay Mama.

JillR needs to drop Plexus and write a book. Grifting for Dummies.

• Love 10

Those dark circles under the eyes of the younger children here that were described.....I noticed in the early photos of the Duggar children, they also had them. ...I'm sur it's from lack of proper sleep and nutrition. I doubt the Duggar daughters slept much or ate correctly...Just thought I'd add this here.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm so not defending any of these families as I think the JRod's don't feed their kids but.....undereye dark circles can be hereditary. But Jill still needs to feed her damn kids.

Yep! Just a few weeks ago I didn’t wear under eye concealer and was asked if I had a black eye 😒 One of my children has under eye circles, too. We’re all very fair skinned, which makes it more obvious.

• Love 8

Sarah Maxwell listed things she was thankful for on their family blog & asked readers to reply what they were thankful for. One reader said her family, our country, our servicemen,  first responders & this amazing blog (meaning Sarah's or the Maxwell's blog.)  Sarah's reply was "Awww thanks, love having you as a reader." with no mention of the more important things the reader was thankful for (country, servicemen & first responders.)  It's all about them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

How old is JRod?  I’m just wondering how many more times God can choose to open her womb.

I'm shocked Nurie didn't start a GoToMeFund for a new car for Mama's 40th.  As for JRod, she looks like 10 miles of bad road in that photo and I'd peg her as being at least a decade older.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

They took her to a... doctor? Like a real one with prescriptive authority? And then they gave her antibiotics? They actually cared appropriately for one of their children? 

Whoa.

A “pediatrician Doctor” don’t ya know !

• Love 18