Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m betting that N&N don’t know that you can use your tongue while kissing.  French kissing is a term that neither of them have ever heard before.  D&J know about French kissing only because David was such a wild, out-of-control sinner before marrying Jill. 🙄

I honestly think you kind of figure it out. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree, Nurie doesn't have to have heard the terminology to engage in the activity.  Lusty young folks the world over have figured it out without putting a name to it.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

True, but they may think it’s a sin to do it. I’m sure that everything Nathan knows about sex came from his father (who doesn’t appear to be a Casanova), and Nurie got her sex info from Jill (and I can’t even begin to imagine what that conversation was like).  N&N most likely have “wham bam thank you ma’am” sex.  I can see Jill telling Nurie that anything other than missionary position is sinful.  The bitch is crazy enough to do something like that.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Marjorie Jackson loving her new life in DC. Imagine if she had married Josiah. She'd be 3 kids deep by now. At least. 

Her younger sister is married. Do you know her age and who she married?

I think Jill desperately wants to be an “influencer”. She’s hoping to get 1M followers, sponsored posts, etc. She thinks it’s the first step to real face and her own teeveee show. She’s delusional. I do think there are some mental issues going on. 

whoever said she’s manic because she hasn’t been able to get pregnant, I think you probably hit the nail square on the head. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Her younger sister is married. Do you know her age and who she married?

She turned 20 in July. Her groom is Nick Steinmetz. He's around the same age or a couple years older, I think. And he's from Conway, Ark. So -- local boy. May have gone or be going to University of Central Arkansas? The Jacksons continue to seem much closer to your average person than most of the Duggs' other acquaintance. 

Of course, if Marjorie were a Duggar-in-law she wouldn't have to wear those horrible masks. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

True, but they may think it’s a sin to do it. I’m sure that everything Nathan knows about sex came from his father (who doesn’t appear to be a Casanova),

Well, the the passel of kids he has, he clearly does ok!  😎😂

• LOL 1
On 10/9/2020 at 10:53 AM, Onecattoo said:

My thoughts exactly.  Who does this in a restaurant, where you have no idea how clean the table is and who touched it before you? Why on earth would they not just ask for a plate? It’s so gross.  

Not to mention who has to clean up this mess? I would have been mortified if one of my children did this. 

• Love 4

Well, wasn't that a thinly veiled attempt to solicit birthday gifts from her followers?  The woman has no shame.  

The approaching birthday probably is adding to her anxiety about producing another little soldier for Jesus.  The clock is ticking louder.

• Love 10
On 10/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, ginger90 said:

EA1A25A8-F6C5-45F7-A7A7-67526FE3155D.jpeg

It looks like Nathan has the same trait that I do (and my dad, and my son, and my grandson...granddaughter is too young yet to see if she's in on it as well)-we all stick out the tips of our tongues when we're concentrating. We joke about it with each other, but we don't photograph it and post it on SM. Oh, and Jill Most Godly? You're supposed to be paying attention to the sermon, like your daughter and SIL are, not shooting pics over your shoulder. Daniel of the Laundromat would be very displeased with you.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

It looks like Nathan has the same trait that I do (and my dad, and my son, and my grandson...granddaughter is too young yet to see if she's in on it as well)-we all stick out the tips of our tongues when we're concentrating. We joke about it with each other, but we don't photograph it and post it on SM. Oh, and Jill Most Godly? You're supposed to be paying attention to the sermon, like your daughter and SIL are, not shooting pics over your shoulder. Daniel of the Laundromat would be very displeased with you.

I have always done this, too!

2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Well, wasn't that a thinly veiled attempt to solicit birthday gifts from her followers?  The woman has no shame.  

The approaching birthday probably is adding to her anxiety about producing another little soldier for Jesus.  The clock is ticking louder.

Hmmm. What could I possibly get JillR for her "upcoming birthday on election day"? 🤔

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

"Then you hit the ground but you don't die. You get up and cook dinner your fucking fatass husband drinks hummingbird food because he's a glutton while you post psychotic selfies to guilt trip your kids about your upcoming birthday and your kids starve."

FIFY, Jill. 

Nailed it.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She missed it at "flying around and doing it for them". The kids would be fighting over who could give their parachute to JillR.

And then she’d post about her godly kids who had such servants’ hearts that all of them gave their parachutes to mama as gifts for being the best mama ever! 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I could say David's underwear after the fourth Nathan-sponsored restaurant trip, but I think she means wooden pallets they didn't have to pay for. 

I nearly choked to death on the glass of milk I was drinking when I first read this. Still laughing my head off. 😂

"Nathan, just think of what you're doing to your father-in-law's underwear!" 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

@Portia Did Charles Spurgeon actually say that?

I'm not sure but I'm sure he did say THIS:

The first mark of a hypocrite, then, is, that he contradicts by his acts what he utters by his words. Do any of you do so? If so, stand convicted of hypocrisy, and bow your heads, and confess the sin.

Bow your head, Jill. 

ETA: Actually that entire sermon dumps all over Jill's brand and I even LOL'd at this one:

Hypocrites do their good works for applause.

Likes on the 'gram = applause. 

ETA2: And this!

He who is true will sometimes suspect himself of falsehood, while he who is false will wrap himself up in a constant confidence of his own sincerity.

21 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Boy that's coincidence.  I have done the tongue concentrating thing since at least high school when we took typing & shorthand tests.  (Yes, I'm from the stone ages.)  I even had a certain position I placed my left leg behind me too. But the funny part is I was just talking to Mr. Barb about it the other day. He didn't have a clue  even after i showed him and thought I was nuts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

2 pictures:

No Jill, he isn't cute, not even remotely.

Also Jill, the best part of taking pictures with a phone, is that you can keeping taking them until they aren't blurry...

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

2 pictures:

What?  Is she 12?  What adult actually uses a bunny filter for posting online?  Are we supposed to think she's clever?  Or funny?  Or just a childish idiot?  I know which one I choose.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

At least it was outdoors? And Jill's cowbells are back! 

I looked up the Sylvania Baptist Church - there are some old pics of the rod family on their blog from 2013 at that church. also included, time at a resort for Jill and David's anniversary and then they went on to Erin Bates' wedding. I think Jill posed with every duggar there and they posed for picks with Gothard    http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=457

the pictures themselves are hilarious - jill was a brunette and the pics of the duggar and bates family at the end are great. Jennifer and Jordyn were having nothing to do with keeping sweet even back then.

Edited by crazy8s
On 10/18/2020 at 8:02 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Yeah, saying goodbye is always so hard but putting a mask of your damn face is always SO MUCH HARDER

These people are despicable. 

And mama and Nurie are hugging in front of a sign that is advertising “touchless travel” for safety. . .

• Love 4