Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I hope David isn't expected to do any proofreading when he sets type. His rant has a lot of grammar and punctuation errors.

Jill might have written it, but she LOVES capital letters and emojis 😀 , so this is probably the work of the Master himself. Pathetic.

I bet he'd love to sit around in the print shop and watch sports on TV if he had cable. He could go out and throw a football with his kids, but that would be too much like work. 

• Love 9

Jill’s IG page is a trash dump of ignorant, racist, xenophobic memes. I won’t give her the pleasure of reposting them, but some of them are so ridiculous I actually laughed out loud. I’m convinced they are actually satire and she’s too dim and hateful to realize it. Some of those cartoons are so stupid, they look like they’re straight from https://www.landoverbaptist.net/

I’m from the Washington Metropolitan area and grew up a die-hard fan of our football team as did most of my family. There are a ton of Cowboys fans here who are fans simply to be contrary. 

Edited by charmed1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

Boy, is Jill's hair over-lightened. It looks awful. She should switch to a more natural look; she would look younger and appear less sluttish.

I think she would look better with natural color,plus a few highlights

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3

Just watched Lawson's video because it popped up as an ad in WWF.

I don't like country pop all that much, but it isn't any cornier than a million other songs.

The girl is pretty....they're roaming the countryside with no chaperones, they touch a few times, looks like pieces of hearts are given away, a little NIKE with Law's tight jeans.....aaaaand the middle schooler in me thinks Law is cute and kinda hot. ((slinks off in shame))

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

From what I know about the fans of the Washington Football Team, I can see David aspiring to be one.  When exactly did they start to dress up as pigs?

Back when they were really good, under Coach Gibbs, the offensive line was fabulous and they were dubbed the Hogs.  That's when that started.

Washington fans know not to wear their jerseys in Philadelphia, or they might be in big trouble.  The jail cells at the Eagles stadium are well used~

• Love 4

I wish there was a topic for the Rod family only. That way I don’t ever have to read it. I can’t stand reading about them!  I still like to keep up with the other families discussed on this topic, so their news can be discussed here.  😖

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill craves attention any attention. She is an attention you know what. Her slubby hubby is just as vile as she is. Jill just happens to be pretty to look at. Don’t judge the book by its cover indeed.

Jill is pretty to look at? 🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

So, half the reason David liked the team was because their name was a racial slur?  And changing their name is to disregard our nation's history?  What history?  Our history of marginalizing native Americans, of killing them indiscriminately, of treating them like they're less than human?  There is nothing patriotic about ignoring the less than admirable parts of our national history in order to rewrite it into something it never was.  

As others know, I grew up rooting for a baseball team named after an ethnic group.  The name itself is kinda neutral, not specifically a slur and it actually was meant as a tribute to a native American player who starred on the team back in the day.  But times have changed, perceptions have changed and, I listened to what others had to say.  I stopped buying merchandise with Chief Wahoo several years back (though I thought he was a cute and cool mascot when I was a kid) and. when the Cleveland baseball team inevitably changes their name, I'm fine with that.  It's time to do the right thing and to realize that ethnic groups should not be mascots.  What if the Washington team renamed itself The Ugly Portuguese and used DRod's face as their logo?  What about that, David?  Actually, I might be able to support that.  Truth in advertising.

When the Griefs change their name, they can be the Kansas City Ugly Obese Christians and use David's mug as their mascot (Smuggar's can be on the away jerseys). Let's see how these self-righteous hypocritical bigoted pricks feel about that. 

Snark -- I can just see so many people jumping to support a team called the Christians, without realizing they're being made fun of. 

Edited by Heathen
To add bigoted because it's true
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Jill's activity lately makes me wonder if maybe she's bipolar and needs a medication adjustment. Maybe. Her behavior is starting to bring back some uncomfortable memories for me. 

If it's forbidden for women to cut their hair, how is it that Jilly has obviously cut hers? IOKIYAJ? 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Jill's activity lately makes me wonder if maybe she's bipolar and needs a medication adjustment. Maybe. Her behavior is starting to bring back some uncomfortable memories for me. 

If it's forbidden for women to cut their hair, how is it that Jilly has obviously cut hers? IOKIYAJ? 

The long hair is a Gothard thing.  Jill is not a Gothard adherent, though I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't admire him and think he is an amazing Christian leader.  She probably does think that woman have to have noticeably longer hair than men.

Jill has pretty eyes, but an ugly soul.  She will never be beautiful, ever.  It's pretty obvious she thinks she's hot stuff, though.

If Jill ever posted about how amazing her kids are without putting herself front and center in the accompanying pics, I would probably faint from shock.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The long hair is a Gothard thing.  Jill is not a Gothard adherent, though I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't admire him and think he is an amazing Christian leader.  She probably does think that woman have to have noticeably longer hair than men.

Jill has pretty eyes, but an ugly soul.  She will never be beautiful, ever.  It's pretty obvious she thinks she's hot stuff, though.

If Jill ever posted about how amazing her kids are without putting herself front and center in the accompanying pics, I would probably faint from shock.

No worries, Doodlebug. She will NEVER not put herself front and center.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Back when they were really good, under Coach Gibbs, the offensive line was fabulous and they were dubbed the Hogs.  That's when that started.

The fans who dress up in honor of the Hogs are called the Hogettes. They’re men who put on crazy wigs, big dresses and pig snouts. David’s got the snout part down, but the dress and wig might make him turn away from the Lord.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Heathen said:

What's the Old Testament punishment for dunking your head in a bowl of peroxide until your hair falls out?  Public stoning?

Jill may be bipolar, but I suspect she is personality disordered. Narcissists and borderlines swing between moods depending on whether or not their needs are being fulfilled. Their needs can never be fulfilled, btw. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

From what I know about the fans of the Washington Football Team, I can see David aspiring to be one.  When exactly did they start to dress up as pigs?

"the hogs" was a coach-originated nickname for our very large and very very successful offensive line in the early 80s (and onward). The Hogettes were a fan tribute to them. They're an icon of glory days. The Hogs, original version, and The Hogs, renewed version, were instrumental in delivering three Super Bowl championships to the DC area. So..... not David Rodrigues-similar in any way. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

If it's forbidden for women to cut their hair, how is it that Jilly has obviously cut hers? IOKIYAJ

It's ok if you're a jerk?

• LOL 6
29 minutes ago, skatelady said:

It's ok if you're a jerk?

It's okay if you're Jill, but jerk works as well. 

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

What's the Old Testament punishment for dunking your head in a bowl of peroxide until your hair falls out?  Public stoning?

Jill may be bipolar, but I suspect she is personality disordered. Narcissists and borderlines swing between moods depending on whether or not their needs are being fulfilled. Their needs can never be fulfilled, btw. 

I'm unfortunately familiar with both bipolars and narcissists. 

Perhaps we should all chip in to send Jill bottles of Monat shampoo. It would be just desserts. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It's okay if you're Jill, but jerk works as well. 

I'm unfortunately familiar with both bipolars and narcissists. 

Perhaps we should all chip in to send Jill bottles of Monat shampoo. It would be just desserts. 

I, too, have personal experience with both bipolar and narcissistic personalities.  Jill is too self absorbed to be bipolar, IMO. The bipolar people in my circles really love others and want to make the world a better place; even if their thoughts are misguided. They really aren't attention seeking, they don't want people to notice; it just happens because of their illness.  I think Jill is a narcissist who recently lost her biggest fan to marriage and, without the constant praise and appreciation from Nurie, she is getting a little frantic trying to feel enough admiration for her wonderful self.  If another daughter is married off, I can just about guarantee she isn't going to be allowed to move farther away than the shed where Tim lives.  Jill needs her fan club around her at all times.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

I doubt Jill would see a psychiatrist ever. Plexus is her Prozac/Xanax etc.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Quit bitching, Jill. Everyone has to deal with RULES!!! Even you.

What a bizarre series of pictures. Is she going to wear that "blouse" for a month before washing it?

On a side note, I hadn't realized the Redskins were called the Hogs by fans. When I hear Hogs in relation to football, I just think about the poor Razorbacks. (My dad always says Arkansas is the only state in which you can call a woman a Hog and not offend her. LOL) 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Latest IG dump. Witty Sofia and this FU Internetz moment.

I made the mistake of watching this.  The clip has the kids laughing at something not funny, as usual.  The whole thing comes off as staged by Jill.  Those poor kids are being directed to laugh.

• Love 1

Holy crap, I have not seen Jill wear that jersey. We get it, Liberals are bad and you’re nice nice nice racist. 

Had to wait in line for a little bit? Bite me you car grifting bitch. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 23
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

On a side note, I hadn't realized the Redskins were called the Hogs by fans. When I hear Hogs in relation to football, I just think about the poor Razorbacks. (My dad always says Arkansas is the only state in which you can call a woman a Hog and not offend her. LOL) 

Not the whole team, just the offensive line. They famously got that name from offensive line coach, Joe Bugel who said they looked like a bunch of hogs rolling around in the mud or something of the sort. Ironically, the original Hogs would look like pip squeaks compared to the mammoth-sized offensive lineman of today.

Jill has no friends. I think she wrote something awhile back saying her daughters were her best friends. It shows. 

Edited by charmed1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I, too, have personal experience with both bipolar and narcissistic personalities.  Jill is too self absorbed to be bipolar, IMO. The bipolar people in my circles really love others and want to make the world a better place; even if their thoughts are misguided. They really aren't attention seeking, they don't want people to notice; it just happens because of their illness.  I think Jill is a narcissist who recently lost her biggest fan to marriage and, without the constant praise and appreciation from Nurie, she is getting a little frantic trying to feel enough admiration for her wonderful self.  If another daughter is married off, I can just about guarantee she isn't going to be allowed to move farther away than the shed where Tim lives.  Jill needs her fan club around her at all times.

Or someone can be both bipolar and a narcissist, like Kanye (IMO).

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

You haven't met two of the bipolars in my life. One of them would almost make Jilly R look generous and giving; the other one fakes concern for others and is surprised when she's called on it. Both of them steer any conversation to themselves and their problems, and their experiences and problems are invariably exaggerated. 

The Rods really need their own thread. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

I wish there was a topic for the Rod family only. That way I don’t ever have to read it. I can’t stand reading about them!  I still like to keep up with the other families discussed on this topic, so their news can be discussed here.  😖

Really, it is a stretch to have the Rodrigues family on here at all. They have never had a TLC show or special,  I don't think they have ever been a guest on anyone else's show. No network has featured them, as far as I know. Every detail on here is from social media, not from any show. Now that Nathan and Nurie are married, there is a slight connection, but I still doubt that they will ever be mentioned or shown on Counting On, considering that Anna and the M-kids are barely acknowledged. 

As a group, we pretty much collectively cyberstalk this random whacko family to mock and judge. If you weren't actively seeking information about them, there is no way they would be on your radar because they have zero influence or clout outside of Jill's very small social media following.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Or someone can be both bipolar and a narcissist, like Kanye (IMO).

This is true.  I will say that my bipolar brother, while not narcissistic, has a tough time relating to the struggles of others; he's a very concrete thinker and he tends to focus on what is directly in front of his face.  It's not narcissism in his case, he's more like the typical 12 year old; the world revolves around him and what he is doing, what he needs.  He can and does reach out to empathize with others and tries to help; but he needs to be lead into it; it's not natural for him. Now, when he's manic, he has no powers of concentration, either, so he cannot see consequences to his actions.

15 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Did they swallow the pizza???

Of course not, they each took a small bite and then took the rest home to Daddy.

• Love 10