Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill's fingernails look misshapen, almost deformed. I wonder if Plexus caused that. Her hair is so ruined from bad bleach jobs, it breaks before it can get very long. A pair of scissors would fix the problem for free. 

Since we know Jill would never waste Plexus on her kids, Nurie's hair grew on its own. False advertising. 

Does she claim to drink all the variations of that gunk? Yikes. 

• Love 5

Steve Maxwell's birthday was Friday. They made a big deal about it and had a party with everyone except Jesse and his wife who were out of town. (Since they live both of out town and close enough to visit, I assume she means they were traveling. Sarah is a bit unclear.)

The Maxwells didn't say which birthday it was, but the internet knows. Steve is 69. 

They look happy and into each other.  I forgot a bag of unimportant things for my honeymoon with the first Mr lookeyloo.  My mother thought it would be a good idea to bring it to me.  We were not at the hotel at that particular moment.  But she left it at the front desk.  That was in 1965.  What was she thinking?  that Nathan would buy something for Nurie all her own is nice.  Hoping he is a nice guy.  Although I still hate their beliefs.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I love the scare quotes around Nurie being "homesick." Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night, Jill. 

How would Jill even know unless she was calling them at all hours. I sincerely doubt the honeymooners were calling their parents.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

How would Jill even know unless she was calling them at all hours. I sincerely doubt the honeymooners were calling their parents.

I'm envisioning Jill calling them multiple times a day. "Do you miss us? We're SEVERELY grieving your absence, Nurie. Do you miss us? Do you want me to mail you some Plexus? DO YOU MISS US?" 

And Nurie's internal dialogue is something along the line of "Why would I miss you, you insufferable cunt? Of course, I'm HOMESICK, Mommy Dearest! Kthnxbye" 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
Just now, Zella said:

I'm envisioning Jill calling them multiple times a day. "Do you miss us? We're SEVERELY grieving your absence, Nurie. Do you miss us? Do you want me to mail you some Plexus? DO YOU MISS US?" 

And Nurie's internal dialogue is something along the line of "Why would I miss you, you insufferable cunt? Of course, I'm HOMESICK, Mommy Dearest! Kthnxbye" 

LMAO! Anything to get Jill off her back. Thank goodness I got married before everyone had a cell phone. Not that our parents would have pestered us. They treated us like, oh, ADULTS.

• Love 11
On 8/8/2020 at 3:34 PM, Chicklet said:

Was it mean of me to wish it wasn't dead yet and turned around and bit him? Might have been rabid, one never knows.

If you’re mean for thinking that, then so am I. Join me for shots and snacks in the prayer closet!

On 8/9/2020 at 3:21 PM, JoanArc said:

Sex feels good and all, but it's nothing like a good smorgasbord. (At lest to a Rod Kid)

I will take the sex and smorgasbord 2 for 1 deal, please! Lol.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Steve Maxwell's birthday was Friday. They made a big deal about it and had a party with everyone except Jesse and his wife who were out of town. (Since they live both of out town and close enough to visit, I assume she means they were traveling. Sarah is a bit unclear.)

The Maxwells didn't say which birthday it was, but the internet knows. Steve is 69. 

I zoomed in on the pictures as best I could, and I didn’t see, but please tell me Anna Marie and her family stayed home!  I doubt it though. Not a mask to be seen either. 

2 hours ago, Zella said:

Hopefully she’s learned the trick of putting the phone in airplane mode and then claiming she was in an area of bad reception.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Well, yay! Glad to hear!  Michaela Bates had a little cottage industry making baby clothes she sold. Before she went to nursing school.  Maybe Nurie will figure something productive out.

Michaela Bates is a terrific seamstress and made adorable baby things.  Nurie's jewelry looked like it came from a summer camp class. Maybe Nurie's sewing skills are better than her jewelry making.

All the Rod women have terribly abused hair.  Nurie's looked so thin and stringy at her wedding.  She needs to cut a foot or so off and maybe it will improve.  Jill's is hopeless!

• Love 9
On 8/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, ozziemom said:

I wonder if Nathan and his brother will still wear matching outfits now that Nurie is around. Pris and TFDW always seem to match, so maybe it’s a Keller family tradition

Just wondering how this works? Does the headship lay out the matching outfits the night before or does his handmaiden wait in her nightgown (or previous day clothes if she is a Duggar) until he decides  the costume of the day? When sex pest proposed and Anna matched her mom did Ma Keller decide or did Pa “grape juice” Keller tell both women how to dress?  It just feels like an awful amount of work  for something that comes across looking rather tragic 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I zoomed in on the pictures as best I could, and I didn’t see, but please tell me Anna Marie and her family stayed home!  I doubt it though. Not a mask to be seen either. 

Anna Marie, Christopher and her children were definitely there. Chris is in the red shirt with his kids giving a gift to Steve. They do seem separated from the rest of the family. Chris is literally blocking Anna Marie from the camera with his body. Possibly to prevent readers from complaining that a chemo-weakened woman isn't social distancing. Some of the readers are that smart.

Her kids are in the next picture too. The girls are the matching yellow dresses (I like the pattern for once). Her sons have blue plaid shirts. 

Their family is at the edge of the driveway in another photo where we can see Anna Marie. 

They didn't walk around the block with the others though. But it's important that Anna Marie celebrate Steve. He's only 69 once. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Nurie looks genuinely happy. How does Jill feel about it, what do you think?

She is mourning her, and I think Nurie is really enjoying herself

19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

timothy claims he gained 10lbs as soon as he moved out of the Rod home. hopefully Nurie gains at least 10 or 20 non pregnancy pounds in the next few months.

There may be two things going on. One is that Jill skimps on food for her kids to save money. Another is that the stress level in that house with Jill in charge must be high. The kids may be too on edge to eat.  

As for mourning Nurie, I don't think Jill is capable of having real feelings for anyone but herself. She may miss the things Nurie does for her or just having her around, but beyond that, I doubt it. Narcissists aren't known for caring about other people. 

• Love 20

I wonder if Nurie is sending Jill those photos and giving her permission to post them just to stop Jill from calling her 17 times a day asking, "Nurie what are you doing?  What are you doing now, Nurie?  How about now?!"  In my dreams Nathan puts a stop to that, asks Nurie to not pick up her phone for 48 hours, and Jill's head explodes.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

There may be two things going on. One is that Jill skimps on food for her kids to save money. Another is that the stress level in that house with Jill in charge must be high. The kids may be too on edge to eat. 

I think the main thing was for the girls is the emphasis on staying thin to find prince charming.  Nurie had to fit in that wedding dress she supposedly bought at 14 or whatever the story was. Even if they were at Golden Corral those girls would not have eaten much, or needed a week of plexus if they gained a pound. much of their time in the buffet line would have been helping the younger girls get food because you know the parents aren't the ones helping them

• Love 4
14 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Michaela Bates is a terrific seamstress and made adorable baby things.  Nurie's jewelry looked like it came from a summer camp class. Maybe Nurie's sewing skills are better than her jewelry making.

All the Rod women have terribly abused hair.  Nurie's looked so thin and stringy at her wedding.  She needs to cut a foot or so off and maybe it will improve.  Jill's is hopeless!

I wouldn't know about Nurie's actual sewing skills, but those purple atrocities she made for her sisters were truly frightful!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Nathan's actually not so bad/ awkward looking when he doesn't smile...

They should've worn these clothes for the wedding. They fit better and they look less like "Ed Grimley marries Karen Carpenter."

I hope the sunglass excitement doesn't mean she's never had a pair....won't she be living in Florida? Those sunglasses look like a gift shop item, but still better than nothing.

What do you bet Jill steals them as a memento of deceased Nurie?

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think the main thing was for the girls is the emphasis on staying thin to find prince charming.  Nurie had to fit in that wedding dress she supposedly bought at 14 or whatever the story was. Even if they were at Golden Corral those girls would not have eaten much, or needed a week of plexus if they gained a pound. much of their time in the buffet line would have been helping the younger girls get food because you know the parents aren't the ones helping them

True, but the boys are thin as well and there's no advantage to them. Look at Best Hubby and every preacher of every church they attend. Jill liked to brag how Timothy fasted for Jesus. That was his contribution to the food budget, and I suspect his brothers are now fasters too. 

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I wonder if Nurie is sending Jill those photos and giving her permission to post them just to stop Jill from calling her 17 times a day asking, "Nurie what are you doing?  What are you doing now, Nurie?  How about now?!"  In my dreams Nathan puts a stop to that, asks Nurie to not pick up her phone for 48 hours, and Jill's head explodes.

Nurie needs to realize that you don’t have to answer phones when they ring, and that phones can also be turned off.

• Love 13

Nathan's actually not so bad/ awkward looking when he doesn't smile...

He looks so much better!  But one of the reasons I think we assume he's a nice young man is because of how often he is smiling.  So I wouldn't want him not to smile.  

"Ed Grimley marries Karen Carpenter."

I love this so much I don't even know what to say!!! 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Chicklet said:

And if you have to keep in touch with your kid during their honeymoon, maybe you are the asshole Jill.

And the next message from Jill will be how she was content to wait until after the honeymoon to talk to Nurie, but poor Nurie was so homesick that she called every day.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Did Nathan buy her a phone?

IIRC when Nurie and not Nurie had the car accident one of the casualties was allegedly their cell phones. Since Jill was able to grift a car I hope she replaced their cell phones. Oh wait, what the hell was I thinking. TIJWATA.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, beagletime said:

Yes Jill, we know you've always wanted an old-timey picture.  Watch for Jill to post one soon.  Of course it will be a gift from the children.  They are so happy to sacrifice to make World's Greatest Mama's dream come true.  

I have the uncomfortable feeling that Jill is wanting to live vicariously through Nurie in every way - needing to be able to see and share all her honeymoon pictures, giggling with delight that Nurie has a wonderful new pair of gas station sunglasses (while demanding to know where Nathan got them so Jill can get the same pair), and - yes - asking how many times and for how long each night.  I doubt Jill thinks that anything is sacred between mother and daughter and expects Nurie to share all the details.  Just a hunch.

• Love 7

The Bontragers post a link for their daughter's wedding on Saturday. Unfortunately it seems to be through their church through facebook. I hope it's on youtube as well. I hate watching videos on Facebook. 

I'm also hoping the wedding will be outdoors. @Sew Sumi Was the double/triple wedding outdoors or indoors? I know Chelsy got married indoors (years ago), but that was after Christmas. 

2 hours ago, beagletime said:

Yes Jill, we know you've always wanted an old-timey picture.  Watch for Jill to post one soon.  Of course it will be a gift from the children.  They are so happy to sacrifice to make World's Greatest Mama's dream come true.  

I might contribute just to see David trying to look like a lean, mean cowboy and Jill trying to pass as a high-class lady. 

• LOL 20

I do hope Nathan and Nurie got their pics taken at Wild Gals old time photo in Pigeon Forge.

you know Jill doesn't have a photo like this because she just thought of it because Nurie has one. Also because those places charge by the person I think and Jill has found no way to grift one.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Bontragers post a link for their daughter's wedding on Saturday. Unfortunately it seems to be through their church through facebook. I hope it's on youtube as well. I hate watching videos on Facebook. 

I'm also hoping the wedding will be outdoors. @Sew Sumi Was the double/triple wedding outdoors or indoors? I know Chelsy got married indoors (years ago), but that was after Christmas. 

I think the double wedding was indoors, maybe a barn? I can't remember the other wedding. 

I hope they livestream. I'll even watch FB. I just love fundie weddings! 😁

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think the double wedding was indoors, maybe a barn? I can't remember the other wedding. 

I hope they livestream. I'll even watch FB. I just love fundie weddings! 😁

It is a livestream. It's at 3pm central time. 

• Useful 1