Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Ohh you mean the version King James wrote all by himself. (TM Jim Blobl Duggar).

When he wasn’t chasing the men in his Court. 😂 Do you think Jill knows about that??

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, irisheyes said:

When he wasn’t chasing the men in his Court. 😂 Do you think Jill knows about that??

She doesn't even know which country King James was king of, come now. She won't even acknowledge that homosexuality exists. Or it's evil in her mind. So nope.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

That’s a sad looking church.

It's in the (tiny) town that Smuckers' jam made. So if it's near Smuckers, it has to be near good, right? 

(also the home town of Bobby Knight)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

OH DEAR this guy is the worst speaker I've ever heard. Jill R could do better. 

I can't tell if he's a minister ( I think he is), but he is a racist, homophobic ass. 

He's a different minister than the one who thanked people for packing the church.

He's telling Allison she needs to obey and trust her husband even if God tells him to do something that other people think is crazy like building an ark. Seriously Noah's wife is a good role model, because she supported Noah in building the ark. 

(That man turned out to be Allison's crazy father-in-law.) 

Edited by Temperance

They all look bored as hell. I love the groom standing with his hand in his pocket lol.

And what wedding isn't complete without "Sodomy, dogs and cats living together!" Ok I made the last part up but it fits.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, lianau said:

Covid? 

Yes you're right. Marlin Bontrager, father of the bride, started with COVID and now politics, racism and how all of marriage is being destroyed. 

2 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

I have no idea who these Bontragers are, but I'm tuned in anyway! Did this guy just call it Plandemic? 

Yes he did. 

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

who is she trying to fool? the dingii must go there as well.  J rod picked it for the grifting opportunities

It is my understanding that Sidney Dingus née Wilcox is the daughter of the pastor at Joy Baptist. The pastor who built the new dining room table. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2020 at 1:26 PM, Spazamanaz said:

I heard somewhere that Ashley Salyer married? Anyone know who she married?

Has anyone ever tried Euphoria by Calvin Klein?  It's a pretty scent. One of my main perfumes.

Mine, too!! I like the perfume AND cologne. It’s my all time favorite. Sometimes, I will wear Daisy by Marc Jacobs. 

19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Marlin is insane. There, I said it. I had to turn it off for a sec so my blood pressure would normalize.

Did you get the part where he gave the homework to do on their honeymoon? 

• LOL 5

Flashy Jill was attracted by that huge neon sign on the church. I'm not surprised. 

If people in this church start getting sick from all this FREE worshiping, this will SEVERELY affect the Rodrigues grift. If the Dingii aren't able to support the Rodriguii as well as themselves, Jill will have to start looking for a bigger, better sign. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Did you get the part where he gave the homework to do on their honeymoon? 

No, I was on a break! 

At least there seems to be real food at the reception. Looking at YOU Jill.

eta: A Duggar plane was spotted in Iowa a couple of hours ago. It was a four seater, so I assume Boobchelle attended. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

This was hands down the lousiest wedding I've ever seen. Just awful. 

The wedding was as crazy, bigoted, and had as much bulls**t as you could have at a wedding. The only reason to watch the wedding if you didn't is so you can see other fundies are just as nuts as Jill R. Both the Bontragers and Helferiches have single boys who might work for the Rod girls, but Kaylee and Renee might deserve better. 

Both fathers spoke and both love to hear themselves speak. Steve Maxwell went up in my estimation for letting Marlin Bontrager do all the speaking at Chelsy's wedding, probably in exchange for Marlin talking about his vasectomy reversal. 

The only fundies I spotted that I knew were the Craigs who are Jesse Maxwell's in-laws. I heard rumors the Wissmans were there. 

Allison and Jeremiah seem sweet together and I hope they have a happy life together where they find a saner approach to life than their parents. May they mellow in time and learn that people who aren't exactly like them aren't evil. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Sweeneyswt said:

Mine, too!! I like the perfume AND cologne. It’s my all time favorite. Sometimes, I will wear Daisy by Marc Jacobs. 

I've never tried Daisy by Marc Jacobs, I've got to check it out. The name sounds like a light flowery scent. 

I heard somewhere that Jills youngest was born with disabilities and that she was just praying them away? Is this true?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Packed church for Bontrager wedding. @Jenniferbug Be Careful! These idiots are in Iowa! 

"Packing the church is the greatest gift you can give to them" Minister at the wedding.

I can't hear the singing, just the backing instrumentation. 

weddinglivestream

Thanks for the warning! The Bontragers actually aren't too far from me (maybe 90 minute drive). I'm sad I missed watching the wedding today! 

Packing the wedding is a terrific idea. Just like the bar crawl that happened last night because the state fair was cancelled. Lots of idiots crawling out of the woodwork in Iowa lately...

5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Nathan and David's lawn care service is launching a new website - their site now has a countdown clock - only 46 days 16hrs and 15 min until the new site folks

Ok , I looked up that business a few weeks (don't judge me ) ago when the counter was at 3 days to relaunch. I wanted to see what happens next so I came back after those 3 days and just like magic that counter had reset itself to 67 days .

4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

That’s a sad looking church.

#ChooseJoy

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill stated they are living “near” the Kellers. She also stated Timothy was living “near” Jill and crew, not at their house. Who knows!

I recall a video of Anna and siblings surprising their  mother for Mother’s Day. It seemed like a fairly large piece of property, so perhaps that’s where they are

The Kellers do have a large piece of property,with a dirt tennis court behind the trailer.Also some land where they ride atv's.So Nathan may have a house on the land for them

Just now, sondraK said:

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 1
37 minutes ago, lianau said:

Ok , I looked up that business a few weeks (don't judge me ) ago when the counter was at 3 days to relaunch. I wanted to see what happens next so I came back after those 3 days and just like magic that counter had reset itself to 67 days

i was only looking out of total boredom and to see if nathan's lawn service had a business address. it has one. ma and pa keller's house

• Useful 6
10 hours ago, crazy8s said:

on the bad I think Nurie and Nathan will remain in the cult

Yes,Ma Keller seems to be a simple woman who doesn't gob on tons of makeup.It's good for Nurie to be around others,even if beliefs are still the same.

I'm guessing N n N will go to the Keller's church.I hope they make friends with other couples.Even if they play board games or trade bible verses,it's more than Nurie got at home

• Love 12
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

i was only looking out of total boredom and to see if nathan's lawn service had a business address. it has one. ma and pa keller's house

I have to wonder if a lawn mowing business that's not even in a city can support one person, let alone three (Nathan, Nurie, and Nathan's brother). I foresee a lifetime of (still) being poor for Nurie, especially when the kids start coming. 

Edited by Heathen
Better wording
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I have to wonder if a lawn mowing business that's not even in a city can support one person, let alone three (Nathan, Nurie, and Nathan's brother). I foresee a lifetime of (still) being poor for Nurie, especially when the kids start coming. 

Have no clue about the logistics of it, but I know a lot of folks (including brother duos) who make a pretty good living off it full-time in rural areas or small towns where I am. They often go beyond mowing and do things like raking leaves or whatever when it's not the summer. I'm sure the tasks for Florida would be different than my area due to the differences in climate, which might also work in their favor actually.  

Based on their FB page, it looks like they do more than just mowing, including pressure washing and laying pavers. 

I doubt they're ever going to be millionaires from it, but if they actually do good work and build up word-of-mouth in the area, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they could make a steady living off it. I'd venture to say they have the potential to have more steady income than Nurie's shitty parents ever did. 

• Love 21

On the subject of where Nathan lives, though he does live in a small town, according to Google Maps, they're only about 30 minutes outside of Gainesville. The clients who left reviews on his FB page are all locals to his town, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that there are a lot of folks on the outskirts of Gainesville or in its suburbs who would pay decent money to not mow a lawn in Florida's heat. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

Have no clue about the logistics of it, but I know a lot of folks (including brother duos) who make a pretty good living off it full-time in rural areas or small towns where I am. They often go beyond mowing and do things like raking leaves or whatever when it's not the summer. I'm sure the tasks for Florida would be different than my area due to the differences in climate, which might also work in their favor actually.  

Based on their FB page, it looks like they do more than just mowing, including pressure washing and laying pavers. 

I doubt they're ever going to be millionaires from it, but if they actually do good work and build up word-of-mouth in the area, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they could make a steady living off it. I'd venture to say they have the potential to have more steady income than Nurie's shitty parents ever did. 

In all fairness, your average gas station clerk probably has more steady income than the Rodriguii ever have. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

In all fairness, your average gas station clerk probably has more steady income than the Rodriguii ever have. 

This is very true. I'm pretty sure I know unemployed meth addicts with a steadier income than the Rods. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

The guy who owns the landscaping company that does my yard lives in a million dollar house.  He started out doing yards himself and now has multiple crews working for him.  

The Keller brothers could do a very good business if they want to put in the effort.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The guy who owns the landscaping company that does my yard lives in a million dollar house.  He started out doing yards himself and now has multiple crews working for him.  

Very cool! I know several guys around here who do lawns in the spring and summer and then chop firewood in the fall/winter. Seems to work out pretty well for them. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

On the subject of where Nathan lives, though he does live in a small town, according to Google Maps, they're only about 30 minutes outside of Gainesville. The clients who left reviews on his FB page are all locals to his town, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that there are a lot of folks on the outskirts of Gainesville or in its suburbs who would pay decent money to not mow a lawn in Florida's heat. 

Yes,they could venture into landscaping and gutter cleaning,if need be.

There are fundie approved jobs Nurie could do,but I bet best momma has discouraged it

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Yes,they could venture into landscaping and gutter cleaning,if need be.

There are fundie approved jobs Nurie could do,but I bet best momma has discouraged it

I am sort of interested in how Nurie is going to handle daily life once the honeymoon is over. Might not get quite as much if they stay off social media, so it will all be filtered through Jill. *shudder* But is she going to be like Jill Duggar and be super clingy? Is she going to camp out with her in-laws while Nathan is at work or follow him to the job constantly? I'm not convinced the Rod girls have any better training in the domestic arts than the Duggar girls, so I don't know how readily she'll adapt to maintaining her own home. I do think Nurie is genuinely happy right now, but I assume at some point the newness is going to wear off, and I'd guess her upbringing was so whack even by fundie standards, that she might find a lot of changes to her environment overwhelming even if she enjoys them or is otherwise okay with them. 

• Love 12