Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Equipped and released their children? What are they? An animal who got their paw caught in a trap. To follow what God wants them to do? I am sure God wanted Josh to molest his sisters and cheat on his wife. I am sure God wanted Jill to marry a lazy, obnoxious, bigoted moron.

Well, the kids HAVE been a caught in a trap ... 

... Nobody's managed to actually get released, though .... Let alone "equipped." 

• Love 19
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, the kids HAVE been a caught in a trap ... 

... Nobody's managed to actually get released, though .... Let alone "equipped." 

To bad God did not do something to JB's "equipment" because these two nitwits should not have had nineteen children. God probably gave both of them enough hints to sink a battleship with not to keep having kids, but they did not understood it or not want to listen because in their pathetic minds it was all about what they wanted.

Edited by bigskygirl

In JB's & M's eyes the only requirement of being a successful married adult Duggar is to continue to spout Christianity. So to them their goal of equip & release was achieved. 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

To bad God did not do something to JB's "equipment" because these two nitwits should not have had nineteen children. God probably gave both of them enough hints to sink a battleship with not to keep having kids, but they did not understood it or not want to listen because in their pathetic minds it was all about what they wanted.

Is it true that mumps can render a man sterile?  Boob should have caught it many moons ago, if it is true.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Dear dog, they’re going to be in my city. Must... Leave... Town...

Arrrrggh!!! Duggars !!  Bates (es)!!! The Fabulous (and masculine not) David Waller!!!

my city is being invaded!!!!

They do Sacramento every year now.

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is it true that mumps can render a man sterile?  Boob should have caught it many moons ago, if it is true.

I don't know about mumps, but my grandma got German measles 55 some years ago when she was pregnant with my uncle and he was born with gangrene on his testicles and sterile. 

2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I don't know about mumps, but my grandma got German measles 55 some years ago when she was pregnant with my uncle and he was born with gangrene on his testicles and sterile. 

My mother-in-law got German measles even longer ago, and the baby was stillborn.  That's why I got vaccinated before pregnancy, but of course, that was quite a few years later.

My aunt had German measles when she was pregnant with my cousin who is a month older than me, so we were/are pretty close.  My cousin is deaf in one ear - "they" say because of the German measles.  Came in handy she said, because she has 6 kids, and when they got noisy she just laid on her good ear and couldn't hear them.  

• Love 6

I had a friend in high school whose mother had German measles when she was pregnant. My friend was born missing an arm as a result. She also had childhood diabetes, though as far as I know that was not linked to the German measles. She did pass away in her early 40's from complications from the diabetes, though. I had sort of lost touch with her by then, but was very saddened to learn of it.

Equipping & releasing?  That post sounds like a commercial for a trout farm.  Or erectile dysfunction medication.  

**Note to self-stay the eff away from German measles and mumps**

• Love 8
On 6/23/2018 at 6:51 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

How exactly have they equipped and released their adult children?  Out of the them, only Ginger is currently living outside of Arkansas.  We all know what happened to Josh and Jill when they tried to leave the nest.  

I think Jinger escaped rather than being released. We already know that Jeremy thinks  she lacks self confidence and self esteem because he has said so. So I think there wasn’t enough ‘equipping’ there. 

The rest of the married couples are all answering to JB for money except for maybe Austin and Joy. So no equipping and releasing there either. 

Jana isn’t allowed to earn money. She and  JD both live at home in dorm rooms, so no releasing there other. 

• Love 3
On 6/23/2018 at 12:25 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Do they not have an editor? Or a focus group? That is so poorly written---equipped and released could be about a lot of things, parenting isn't really one of them. 

Well, even they were smart enough to realize that "indoctrinated", "brainwashed", and "inculcated" weren't quite the thing, either.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, sixlets said:

Equipping & releasing?  That post sounds like a commercial for a trout farm.  Or erectile dysfunction medication.  

**Note to self-stay the eff away from German measles and mumps**

Equipping and releasing is definitely Christianese. The idea is that you teach your kid all he/she needs to know to function in the world and then you let them go leave and cleave and all that. Except the Duggars haven't equipped any of their kids--if any of them are equipped it's in spite of JB/Michelle, not because of them--and they certainly don't want to release them out of JB's mighty Umbrella of Protection, marriages to godly men notwithstanding.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, LilJen said:

Equipping and releasing is definitely Christianese. The idea is that you teach your kid all he/she needs to know to function in the world and then you let them go leave and cleave and all that. Except the Duggars haven't equipped any of their kids--if any of them are equipped it's in spite of JB/Michelle, not because of them--and they certainly don't want to release them out of JB's mighty Umbrella of Protection, marriages to godly men notwithstanding.

Holy cow, it's true:

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Equipping+and+releasing&fr=yset_chr_cnewtab&type=default_v2

How did I miss this?!?  Clearly it's a post-80's theological innovation, because I swear I've never heard of it.  

• Love 1

I was over at the Maxwell blog earlier today. Poor Sarah wrote a Father's Day post about Stevehovah "equipping" his sons. So yeah, it's definitely a fundie thing. I can't think of a time any secular (or even moderately religious) parent I know has talked about equipping and/or releasing their kids into the adult world.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was over at the Maxwell blog earlier today. Poor Sarah wrote a Father's Day post about Stevehovah "equipping" his sons. So yeah, it's definitely a fundie thing. I can't think of a time any secular (or even moderately religious) parent I know has talked about equipping and/or releasing their kids into the adult world.

Any other Maxwell news?

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The youngest son just bought a house DEBT FREE!!!!!!11111

Jesse?  Wow!  Same block as Steve and Teri, like all the other Maxwells?

Does this mean Jesse's got a girlfriend?

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Even though it's a word, it just seems hilariously wrong in this context.  I keep thinking of horses, as in equestrian, whenever I see it. (Or "equipage", like your kid is a horse-drawn carriage; which actually seems fitting as it's hard work for the horses to pull it; but probably not in the way the Christians mean.)

It also strikes me as hilarious because you know some pretentious fundie minister thought a long time about it, in order to come up with some priggish set-apart coinage a la "fellowshipping" (though I grant "fellowship" itself probably appeared in the Bible as an actual term; I hate people who just randomly decide to make gerunds out of nice normal verbs; or worse, nouns; it's almost never as cute as you think it is, coiner of annoying phrase). 

Because just plain old-fashioned "preparation" is for heathens, and can't possibly compare to the marvelous job done by the folks clinging to their SAHD's with every last claw.  

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 7

Equip and release sounds like finding an abandoned animal and nurturing them until they're ready to return to their natural habitat. Kind of the opposite of what the Duggars do.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, louannems said:

Jesse?  Wow!  Same block as Steve and Teri, like all the other Maxwells?

Does this mean Jesse's got a girlfriend?

they said that he would be using it as a rental because he's not in a relationship.  Good grief.  He bought a HOUSE!  Let him live in it.  These people make me stabby.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

they said that he would be using it as a rental because he's not in a relationship.  Good grief.  He bought a HOUSE!  Let him live in it.  These people make me stabby.

If Jesse lived in his own house as an unmarried man, then mom Teri couldn't spy on his internet habits!  No, he must wait til marriage so his helpmeet can be his accountability partner!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

I was just thinking, do you think they would have 19 kids without reality tv? Would they stop earlier or fame and trying to reach 20 had something to do with more and more children?

I think they would have had the same amount of live children, but stopped at Josie instead of trying for another and having stillborn Jubilee. They had 14 at the first TLC special, so having their own army of God has been their goal since the twins were born. The TLC money helped a lot and I think it enabled them to continue to try after Josie, but JB & Michelle were quite content to let their children live in abject poverty, stacked like Lincoln Logs in a too-small house. They were never having children because they loved and cherished them, it's always been for the attention and power.

• Love 21

Surprised nobody grabbed this yet... here ya go:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/michelle-duggar-jealous-162266

If you're getting married anytime soon, make sure to keep Michelle Duggar off the guest list. The perma-grinned and perm-haired mom of 19 has a bad habit of trying to butt into the spotlight on her daughters' wedding day and needs constant praise from her husband just to keep her in check. Jealous much, girl?

It's definitely a common affliction by the women in the family, and it makes sense. If you're raised your entire life to be a wife and a breeder, if you wait for that one magical day where you can bone or even kiss someone else, your wedding day is going to be your peak. That's why all the girls reminisce about their special day on someone else's special day. (Don't get Jessa started.)

• Love 7
(edited)

I think they would've had 19 anyway and kept hoping for more. They were at 14/15 when they started filming the specials. The older those oldest kids/girls get, the easier it gets, because they're able to help out more and more. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
(edited)

Even before the first special aired, the Duggars were already a known commodity on the evangelical circuit.  They would often get anywhere from 500-1200 bucks from love offerings.  They’d typically go to that church in the am with a teaser for the night (kids playing one song), get fed by the church at lunch and/dinner with a covered dish, then they’d be the headliners for Sunday night.

They’d play their violins as a family, do a couple of songs on the piano and then Michelle would give her pro-life testimony with JB interrupting her throughout.  Still, she was the headliner!

Their whole gig revolved around Michelle being pregnant and or just having a baby even back then!  So I think they would have had as many. I think for Michelle, being pregnant and or a new mom became her identity and she couldn’t give that up.  I still don’t think she has given it up!

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

The dress from Nordstrom's has buttons going all the way down.

This  dress is too short for Michelle's taste. 

She can add a lovely modesty panel to the hem. Perhaps in black for maximum clashing so that everyone knows how modest she is. 

• Love 6

Aack!!!  Oddly my SIL and her 2 teenagers are flying in tomorrow, I wonder if they'll be on the same plane?  Wait, they can't.  SIL's plane doesn't land until 9 pm - Well that saves them and our plans for Saturday includes archery and the Chabot Science Center, so no Duggars for us.  I may have just cursed myself though.  

• Love 2

The weather is really weird in Sacramento today (no sun and humid which is so not the usual for July) - I attribute this to the visitors from Arkansas...

Going back under the bed now.

• Love 18