Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, DERICK is the accountant in the family. More reason for THEM to stay. 

Said it before, I'll say it again: If Triple D does his father-in-law's accounting, he'll be the one going to jail for any "irregularities".

19 hours ago, LilJen said:

Except it wouldn't come up on a background check, would it? because he was never actually charged with the molestations (or it's sealed because he was a juvenile when he did it)?

Most employers now do a check on social media and a Google search.

There will be those who will insist that his sin is "forgiven", but one has to ask what church (and their insurers) would be willing to take the risk in this day and age. IMHO of course.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Said it before, I'll say it again: If Triple D does his father-in-law's accounting, he'll be the one going to jail for any "irregularities".

Most employers now do a check on social media and a Google search.

There will be those who will insist that his sin is "forgiven", but one has to ask what church (and their insurers) would be willing to take the risk in this day and age. IMHO of course.

Josh is the rare exception, if he wasn't famous, InTouch wouldn't have made those FOI requests, and nobody would know. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So even Derick didn't go to Danger America. Let's wait to see what he dies next week. 

@Malvina can you put this pic in the Dullards' thread so we can talk about their future in the right place? 

Done

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

Look at Jim Bob splurging for a drink!  Looks lile Panera, where the soft drinks are something lile $3.99.

Isn't family a good enough relationship status for these people?  They've all got to be best friends, too?  You'd think in their "ideal" world family would be so much better than friends.

• Love 7
On December 4, 2016 at 5:39 AM, TaxNerd said:

Look at Jim Bob splurging for a drink!  Looks lile Panera, where the soft drinks are something lile $3.99.

C'mon At least he spent the money on something important. It's not like be wasted the money on something frivolous like a college education for one if his daughters.

I'm sure Michelle needed a Starbucks run after, too.

• Love 5
On 12/4/2016 at 5:39 AM, TaxNerd said:

Of course he splurged, he looks to be the only one with the soda!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, louannems said:

Eeew .  Looks like they could be in a GymBoree store.

Someone on another board  IDed it as a Cracker Barrel. I've  never even seen one, let alone be in the gift store, so I'll defer to you guys as to the veracity of that claim.

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Someone on another board  IDed it as a Cracker Barrel. I've  never even seen one, let alone be in the gift store, so I'll defer to you guys as to the veracity of that claim.

It could be a Cracker Barrel...those don't have a "gift store" as such...the whole front section of the restaurant before you get to the check-in area is one big gift shop. And since there is often quite a line to get in (god only knows why), it gives you plenty of time to mill around and shop. We did sometimes go there for breakfast when we lived in Georgia, but only because it was pretty much a choice between that and Waffle House.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It could be a Cracker Barrel...those don't have a "gift store" as such...the whole front section of the restaurant before you get to the check-in area is one big gift shop. And since there is often quite a line to get in (god only knows why), it gives you plenty of time to mill around and shop. We did sometimes go there for breakfast when we lived in Georgia, but only because it was pretty much a choice between that and Waffle House.

Their blackberry cobbler is really good, and breakfast fare is decent (hard to screw that up). It's definitely a southern cooking menu. They're more prevalent in the South. 

• Love 1

Cracker Barrel is a chain and yes, the layout and style of the restaurants and gift shop are pretty much the same in every one I've been in.  It's a mix of kid's stuff, women's clothing (in generous sizes), candies and miscellaneous food items, some books and CDs and a whole lot of seasonal knickknacks. If you look at the top of the picture over JB and M's heads you can see some cookbooks with cast-iron skillets on them, that's a giveaway to me that it could be a Cracker Barrel.

I've made some trips especially to the handful of CBs in my area (Chicago suburbs) lately because they have great embroidered sweatshirts for $20 that would retail for twice the price in a mall store.

• Love 2

We used to get one of my grandfathers some sort of singing stuffed animal for Christmas every year from there. He loved to turn on the motion sensors and scare people with the stuffed dear head or singing bass. When you're 92, whatever gives you a chuckle is ok with me. 

Cracker Barrel is my go to for greeting cards, too. They actually have some good holiday decorations and adorable baby and toddler clothing. 

So the younger kids are all fending for themselves with generic processed  cheese slices and aldi pickles while JB and Michelle eat Cracker Barrel? 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Their blackberry cobbler is really good, and breakfast fare is decent (hard to screw that up). It's definitely a southern cooking menu. They're more prevalent in the South. 

My husband and I actually had breakfast down to a science there...He would get the Uncle Herschel's (two eggs, ham steak, hash brown casserole, and the ubiquitous grits with biscuits & gravy), and I'd get the Sunrise Sampler (two eggs, two pieces of bacon, two sausage links, a small piece of ham, the hash browns, stewed apples-basically apple pie filling in a bowl...I'd ask them to hold the grits etc). Then I'd give him my sausages and apples, he'd give me some of his ham, and one of his biscuits. which I'd have with a bit of honey. 

I do have to say that their hash brown casserole is evil and addictive...probably a relative of the Duggars' tater tot concoction, which I'm ashamed to say I'd probably eat very happily as well.

• Love 8

I was just going to say same thing about the hash brown casserole.  They usually carry some of the old time candy that is hard to find elsewhere.  I was so happy to come across Turkish Taffy there for Mr. Barb.

Was this another date night for them? 

4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My husband and I actually had breakfast down to a science there...He would get the Uncle Herschel's (two eggs, ham steak, hash brown casserole, and the ubiquitous grits with biscuits & gravy), and I'd get the Sunrise Sampler (two eggs, two pieces of bacon, two sausage links, a small piece of ham, the hash browns, stewed apples-basically apple pie filling in a bowl...I'd ask them to hold the grits etc). Then I'd give him my sausages and apples, he'd give me some of his ham, and one of his biscuits. which I'd have with a bit of honey. 

I do have to say that their hash brown casserole is evil and addictive...probably a relative of the Duggars' tater tot concoction, which I'm ashamed to say I'd probably eat very happily as well.

Yum! I'm sure it would be good with a tin of baked beans! I wonder if the Duggs have discovered the wonders of baked beans!

5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yum! I'm sure it would be good with a tin of baked beans! I wonder if the Duggs have discovered the wonders of baked beans!

Probably, but probably not for breakfast. 

Hash brown casserole is really tasty. When we make it there is a lot of potato, broth, heavy cream, cheddar, onion involved, so it isn't quite as processed as tater tot casserole. Not health food by any means, but not as bad. 

On 11/29/2016 at 4:08 PM, Malvina said:

Can you say "Mini Me"?

Spurgie is one adorable little chunker.  After a lifetime of being ridiculed about his name, if he grows up to be even a fraction of the asshole and rube that his grandfather is, he will be light years ahead of Boob in social skills.

• Love 1

Here's a link to the chruch that Boob and family (and possibly Jessa/Ben as well) are attending. I linked to this page because the Caldwells are known friends with the Duggars. JB has also said that the pastor of their church has 7 children. Their oldest daughter, 17 year old Kendra, is in the video of Joy (and Austin, I think, among other JKids) Christmas caroling. 

Everything, including strict adherence to IFB beliefs to location, indicates we have a match. 

http://www.visitlighthousebaptistchurch.com/our-pastor/

Edited by Sew Sumi
because I forgot it was a video, not a still
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here's a link to the chruch that Boob and family (and possibly Jessa/Ben as well) are attending. I linked to this page because the Caldwells are known friends with the Duggars. JB has also said that the pastor of their church has 7 children. Their oldest daughter, 17 year old Kendra, is in the picture of Joy Christmas caroling. 

Everything, including strict adherence to IFB beliefs to location, indicates we have a match. 

http://www.visitlighthousebaptistchurch.com/our-pastor/

http://www.visitlighthousebaptistchurch.com/beliefs/

The Beliefs page. So concrete and rigid. 

• Love 1

No all IFB are not Gothardites but Gothard seems to be more popular with them than a lot of other churches.

Gothard can be taken up by church leadership or can be something that parishioners take up individually separately from their church. 

• Love 3
On 12/4/2016 at 5:39 AM, TaxNerd said:

Nope, no splurging for Jim Bob.  He is drinking soda from what appears to be a complimentary water cup.  They are slightly different from the soda cups.  In the majority of the Paneras I've eaten in, the water cups do not have the Panera brand printed on them.  He most likely ordered lunch with four waters and, as the drinks at Panera are largely self-serve (aside from the specialty coffees, teas and smoothies) he simply served himself the soda as opposed to water.  

Please, Derick, PLEASE have a milkshake with that salad.  Or better yet, trade it in for a vat of cream of mushroom soup and a scone or seven. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Nope, no splurging for Jim Bob.  He is drinking soda from what appears to be a complimentary water cup.  They are slightly different from the soda cups.  In the majority of the Paneras I've eaten in, the water cups do not have the Panera brand printed on them.  He most likely ordered lunch with four waters and, as the drinks at Panera are largely self-serve (aside from the specialty coffees, teas and smoothies) he simply served himself the soda as opposed to water. 

So he's a thief. Very Christian.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Please, Derick, PLEASE have a milkshake with that salad.  Or better yet, trade it in for a vat of cream of mushroom soup and a scone or seven. 

If he chose to eat salad, the problem can't be an inability to chew without pain. Much easier to eat high calorie fare like ice cream, butter, peanut butter, other fats.

• Love 3