Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Nice product placement there, Michelle.  Your IG post was a commercial.  The only thing missing was, "Try the chicken!  It's GREAT!  Half-price meals for kids on Tuesdays!"

By the way, national Take Your Parents to Lunch Day is for elementary school students to "take their parents to lunch" at their school cafeteria.  Here's a web link just in case you'd like to see what it's all about...

http://www.kiwimagonline.com/lunchday

"National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day Will Be Held October 12, 2016!

What is National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day? National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day is an event that takes place each October. Parents visit their children’s school and have lunch with them in the cafeteria. The goal is to learn more about what goes into putting together a healthy lunch, and for parents and school officials to open the lines of communication so they can work together to provide kids with the healthiest meals possible."

Wow.  Just wow.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Nice product placement there, Michelle.  Your IG post was a commercial.  The only thing missing was, "Try the chicken!  It's GREAT!  Half-price meals for kids on Tuesdays!"

By the way, national Take Your Parents to Lunch Day is for elementary school students to "take their parents to lunch" at their school cafeteria.  Here's a web link just in case you'd like to see what it's all about...

http://www.kiwimagonline.com/lunchday

"National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day Will Be Held October 12, 2016!

What is National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day? National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day is an event that takes place each October. Parents visit their children’s school and have lunch with them in the cafeteria. The goal is to learn more about what goes into putting together a healthy lunch, and for parents and school officials to open the lines of communication so they can work together to provide kids with the healthiest meals possible."

Wow.  Just wow.  

5 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

By the way, national Take Your Parents to Lunch Day is for elementary school students to "take their parents to lunch" at their school cafeteria.

Perhaps this is some sort of commentary on Joe's stage of academic development.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, momofsquid said:

The older J'chelle gets, the more ridiculous the '80s teen hair looks.

22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Look how fried her ends are. She needs to hack eight inches off that mess.

Perfect opportunity for an FU internet moment.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Malvina said:

Alright, what's going on with Joe taking MEchelle to lunch and now this boy giving her flowers? Is she feeling sorry for herself as her daughters get married, get pregnant, and take over the spotlight?

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Alright, what's going on with Joe taking MEchelle to lunch and now this boy giving her flowers? Is she feeling sorry for herself as her daughters get married, get pregnant, and take over the spotlight?

They revere this imbecile.

• Love 3

I wonder if she'll ever let her gray hair show? I have a couple of older family members who never let a gray or white hair show. In my opinion, the older someone gets, and tries keep the same hair color (and LENGTH) as when they were younger,the more unnatural their original hair looks with their aging faces.    I bet Boob dyes the heck out of his hair too. (or maybe my family just loses hair pigmentation earlier than their family does.) We must not be as Godly as the Duggars ;-)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, sometimesy said:

They revere this imbecile.

Never underestimate the power of brainwashing that begins from the moment of birth. Reinforced by random lavishings and withdrawings of love, rage and guilt-smearing, complete deprivation of education and knowledge, and life in an isolated crowded prison completely hemmed in by other brainwashees and spies.

Seriously.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Never underestimate the power of brainwashing that begins from the moment of birth. Reinforced by random lavishings and withdrawings of love, rage and guilt-smearing, complete deprivation of education and knowledge, and life in an isolated crowded prison completely hemmed in by other brainwashees and spies.

Seriously.

Like the Minions who revere Gru...at least Gru redeemed himself in the end...this imbecile ? Non.

• Love 2

Churchhoney, you've hit the nail on the head. It's abusive, they were so happy with a sentence on their birthday that they likely competed with each other for a moment of her time. Not sure how they will ever see her for what she is, a manipulative bitch that left them to raise each other. Jill is trying very hard to be her mom, she thinks her toddler needs a foil so he doesn't get too much attention. Jessa might be catching on, she appears to love Spurgeon and the thought must cross her mind, why her mother seems so distant. Maybe that's why Boob is giving Jill the best housing, he wants Jessa to try harder. Jessa, don't fall for the bullshit, it's a trap.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Churchhoney, you've hit the nail on the head. It's abusive, they were so happy with a sentence on their birthday that they likely competed with each other for a moment of her time. Not sure how they will ever see her for what she is, a manipulative bitch that left them to raise each other. Jill is trying very hard to be her mom, she thinks her toddler needs a foil so he doesn't get too much attention. Jessa might be catching on, she appears to love Spurgeon and the thought must cross her mind, why her mother seems so distant. Maybe that's why Boob is giving Jill the best housing, he wants Jessa to try harder. Jessa, don't fall for the bullshit, it's a trap.

It's been said before but I'll repeat it anyway. Spurge is her first. We didn't see Michelle w/Josh, but it was pretty apparent that she adores him. At least Jessa knows what to expect. Michelle went from bikini wearing lawn mowing to brood mare without the heart for children. ugh. 

• Love 7

One thing I just remembered about Jim Bob and Michelle is that they normally went campaigning around the country for their Republican candidate in every Presidential election- at least, the last 2 prior to this one, but I think it's been at least 3. I don't recall seeing anything in 2016 as to who they were supporting, though I would have assumed it would have been Ted Cruz. In the past they supported Mike Huckabee. 

Maybe this year they decided to make sure they'd all hang around for whatever filming TLC decided to do. I still am wondering if Counting On pays the same salary as the 19 Kids and Counting series did, and how the money from it is divided up among the entire family. With the lack of advertising, I suspect it pays less overall.

• Love 2

About Jim Bob's finances and how he supports all those people. We know they get TLC money, and probably used to get a lot of stuff comp'd as part of the show, including domestic and foreign travel. I agree with @CarolMK, that the TLC money and freebies are likely not as generous as they used to be.

We also know that the Duggars have "family businesses," as in real estate investing including house flipping, rental properties, etc, and dealing in used cars either from a dedicated lot or otherwise. I suspect - and have no way to really know - that Jim Bob may have investments we know nothing about. Last year he showed up at the prison gates when nutjob creationist, fraudster, and tax-dodger Kent Hovind was released after serving 10 years for financial crimes. 

This wasn't some casual, met-him-at-a-party kind of thing. Boob was there with Hovind's wife and son and they all drove Hovind away from the prison. IMO that's close. 

I have no idea how far JB follows Hovind's ideas. After all Hovind, renounced his US citizenship and declared he was thus not required to pay taxes; he didn't withhold or pay any payroll taxes on his creationist them park or whatever it was. He served prison time for moving money around in ways intended to evade US financial laws (under-$10,000 transactions etc.)

Oh, yes, BTW Hovind didn't actually follow up his renunciation of US citizenship by actually, you know, leaving the country or even turning in his passport. Just another snake oil salesman who wants to enjoy all the benefits of living and earning money in this country - without paying his fair share. Because, God. And how he's a very speshul Son of God and taxes are of Satan. Or something like that. Another con artist for Jesus. 

PLEASE NOTE: I am *not* saying that Jim Bob doesn't pay taxes, or is engaged in any kind of fraudulent financial activity!! Actually, I assume that Jim Bob does pay taxes and does conduct his businesses legally. 

But. I do reserve the right to look at his close associations and wonder where he's invested his money.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

About Jim Bob's finances and how he supports all those people. We know they get TLC money, and probably used to get a lot of stuff comp'd as part of the show, including domestic and foreign travel. I agree with @CarolMK, that the TLC money and freebies are likely not as generous as they used to be.

We also know that the Duggars have "family businesses," as in real estate investing including house flipping, rental properties, etc, and dealing in used cars either from a dedicated lot or otherwise. I suspect - and have no way to really know - that Jim Bob may have investments we know nothing about. Last year he showed up at the prison gates when nutjob creationist, fraudster, and tax-dodger Kent Hovind was released after serving 10 years for financial crimes. 

This wasn't some casual, met-him-at-a-party kind of thing. Boob was there with Hovind's wife and son and they all drove Hovind away from the prison. IMO that's close. 

I have no idea how far JB follows Hovind's ideas. After all Hovind, renounced his US citizenship and declared he was thus not required to pay taxes; he didn't withhold or pay any payroll taxes on his creationist them park or whatever it was. He served prison time for moving money around in ways intended to evade US financial laws (under-$10,000 transactions etc.)

Oh, yes, BTW Hovind didn't actually follow up his renunciation of US citizenship by actually, you know, leaving the country or even turning in his passport. Just another snake oil salesman who wants to enjoy all the benefits of living and earning money in this country - without paying his fair share. Because, God. And how he's a very speshul Son of God and taxes are of Satan. Or something like that. Another con artist for Jesus. 

PLEASE NOTE: I am *not* saying that Jim Bob doesn't pay taxes, or is engaged in any kind of fraudulent financial activity!! Actually, I assume that Jim Bob does pay taxes and does conduct his businesses legally. 

But. I do reserve the right to look at his close associations and wonder where he's invested his money.

Glad I'm not the only person who looked at that Hovind family ride and thought, WTF?

• Love 4

SOTDRT fails:  "Sometimes whenever", "Missed Ya'll" instead of the correct Y'all.  Know your country sayings.  And Jill's attempt at sounding Spanish when she calls Iz ChaChu instead of ChooChoo.  I don't mind them being stupid, I just wish they realized how stupid they are.

• Love 4

Yeah, I also noticed the "Ya'll" sign. I'm not even from the South (West Coaster here), and even I know that it's "y'all." Geezus. It's a fucking contraction. I guess they don't teach those at the dining room table. (They'd probably screw up this sentence and the one prior, lol.)

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I also noticed the "Ya'll" sign. I'm not even from the South (West Coaster here), and even I know that it's "y'all." Geezus. It's a fucking contraction. I guess they don't teach those at the dining room table. (They'd probably screw up this sentence and the one prior, lol.)

You think they'd know a lot about contractions.

• Love 24

True dat! I'll never forget the labor (but I do forget which J kid it was) when they had to take Mechelle to the hospital around 5am. Jana sent Boob off with what I still call his "he-man" breakfast. It's seriously the only time that I've ever felt a scintilla of pity for Mechelle. Boob's wolfing down his sausage and eggs while Mechelle could barely get into the car (and he was nowhere to be found to help her). Total dick move. 

My opinion of him has never changed. 

• Love 15

wow, yes he has.  I wonder what they did, cut calories, go on a liquid diet, etc.  And what is the motivation. A health scare?  Wanting to come back to teevee?  they actually watched one of their shows and saw what they looked like?  Now if someone would convince Michelle to ignore JB's wishes for crunchy curls and go with the makeover hairdo, she would look good too.

• Love 3

I imagine after Vile Josh broke, they ate out of depression (I would too).  Probably the wedding and their recent scenes on Counting On gave them some motivation. 

Jim Bob was the heaviest I had ever seen him when he was poking around in Jeremy's closet. They both look much better.  About Michelle's hair....let's step out of 1984...please Michelle...you can keep the curls if you would loose the 80's hair.  Many people have current hair AND curls. It's true! Please Michelle...let us help you....

• Love 5

Watching this week's retrospective.   Jim Bob has an APPLICATION that potential suitors need to fill out?!?!   What the CRAP?!?  This is WAY too intrusive.  I bet most of the stuff on there is intrusive as heck.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I belong to a secret FB group in which one member is married to a cousin of Ben's. She met Jessa at a Seewald barbeque, and as a nurse, she chatted Jessa up w/r/t her pregnancy. During the course of the conversation, Jessa admitted that she had never heard if gestational diabetes. 

I think her prenatal care for both pregnancies has been sketchy at best.

Didn't Michelle have some issues with diabetes during one of her pregnancies?

15 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

I find the Duggars very odd with their medical decisions.  They can afford medical care but choose not to get it for very basic things. This is a bit of a generalization, but most of the people I know who eschew modern medicine try to take care of themselves in other ways -- using traditional medical remedies, eating organic and as natural as possible, etc.  Duggars live an unhealthy lifestyle AND don't get medical care. That's going to blow up in their face at some point. 

Of course, they seem to have had copious medical care for the most important thing: Michelle's reproductive system. A fan wiki notes only one home birth for Michelle - in all those pregnancies. Michelle relied on hospitals and doctors to get her through all those pregnancies and deliveries, from the first to the last. LATER EDIT/UPDATE: @Sew Sumi, who knows this stuff, says Michelle had two home births: Joseph and Jinger.

Plus, IIRC last year one of the Duggs posted a photo online of JB and Michelle sitting in a doctor's waiting room and I had the idea it was an OB-GYN visit. Even if it wasn't that specifically I am sure it was some kind of doctor visit of a non-emergency nature.

I find it disturbing that despite their mother's regular use of real doctors and hospitals to deliver her babies, Jessa and Jill both had nearly disastrous home births (or attempted home birth in Jill's case) and apparently had no prenatal medical care. I hope to hell both of them wise up and change their ways.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Didn't Michelle have some issues with diabetes during one of her pregnancies

I think it was high blood pressure.  She had pre-eclampsia at least twice.  That's something that Jessa should know about given her mother has had it and definitely a reason to get some care during her pregnancies.  It seems that the lack of education is hurting the adult Duggars in some unexpected ways. 

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think it was high blood pressure.  She had pre-eclampsia at least twice.  That's something that Jessa should know about given her mother has had it and definitely a reason to get some care during her pregnancies.  It seems that the lack of education is hurting the adult Duggars in some unexpected ways. 

I think it was pre-eclampsia and gallbladder trouble with Josie, leading to her pre-term birth.  Michelle was probably high-risk for most of her pregnancies, but it got worse and worse and ended with the sad story of Jubilee.  Even then JB&M kept trying for another baby. 

I think they've finally made peace with the situation and aren't trying for any more kids, but it illustrates how the Duggars just don't exercise good thinking skills.

It's no wonder none of them seem to be able to learn and progress, they have so many blind spots and self-imposed barriers, they freeze up at the slightest things.

Edited by Zahdii
missing word - oops
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, just pre-eclampsia and the gall bladder issue with Josie. 

She had pre-eclampsia with an earlier pregnancy also I'm about 99% sure.  Perhaps it was with Jana and John David.

I also think it was 2 homebirths. Joseph and Jinger, if I'm not mistaken. The show talked about how Jinger was born in the one bedroom of the little 3 bedroom house they were living in that was torn down later on. They were living there in the original 14 Kids and counting special. Jim Bob had squandered $100,000 in running for a Senate race that failed instead of using the money to buy his sprawling family a decent sized house. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

She had pre-eclampsia with an earlier pregnancy also I'm about 99% sure.  Perhaps it was with Jana and John David.

Correct, it was with JD/Jana, which is why they were c-section. I just posted the condition as an overview, not a line by line listing. :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CarolMK said:

I also think it was 2 homebirths. Joseph and Jinger, if I'm not mistaken. The show talked about how Jinger was born in the one bedroom of the little 3 bedroom house they were living in that was torn down later on. They were living there in the original 14 Kids and counting special. Jim Bob had squandered $100,000 in running for a Senate race that failed instead of using the money to buy his sprawling family a decent sized house. 

Even worse, Boob squandered $250,000(!!!!!) on his failed run in the Republican Senate primary. I think he bought the land for the TTH around the same time or just a little afterward. Remember, they were 3 years in and maybe halfway done before TLC came in with that last push in later specials. It wouldn't surprise me if they still had most of the furniture that TLC bought for them, despite a gazillion kids bouncing on them on a daily basis. They still have one of the pianos and added a second one for good measure. 

• Love 2

Ooooh, subterfuge, or are they staying at a hotel in order to get ready early for the wedding? It doesn't say WHAT weekend this was...

And SOMEONE had to take the picture. I vote hotel, but seriously question WHEN. I mean, we ALL know the wedding is tomorrow. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

It was maybe for her birthday?  That wasn't all that long ago.  They do like to not mention the dates.  I wonder what changed to cause going from advertising the weddings far and wide to secrecy.

• Love 2

I'm more likely to suspect it was people like Jill Rodrigues who showed up at one wedding and plopped her family in the front row.  It's "friends" like that or crazed fans sneaking in I expect.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ooooh, subterfuge, or are they staying at a hotel in order to get ready early for the wedding? It doesn't say WHAT weekend this was...

And SOMEONE had to take the picture. I vote hotel, but seriously question WHEN. I mean, we ALL know the wedding is tomorrow. 

Those map photos on the look look like Manhattan.  Could the wedding be in NYC after all?

• Love 2

I'd bet the farm the wedding is in AR. No way they could book a NYC church with 3 months' notice. Plus, Ashley Salyer's Instagram had that post asking if she was coming to AR and the response that the woman was supposed to keep quiet about it. 

I'm with @Absolom on this one. I forget what day of the week Mechelle's birthday fell, but it was her 50th. I can see Boob taking her away for a couple of days to celebrate. Plus, the flowers. Boob isn't big on gifts, even flowers. It had to be a special occasion.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, louannems said:

Those map photos on the look look like Manhattan.  Could the wedding be in NYC after all?

The map on the right is definitely Manhattan, the left is Paris.  But Pickles claims Dur and Jill are at an OSU parade.

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 1