Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

We were spoiled in other state - in our Parish we could get any kind of liquor at walmart and any grocery store and quick stop place.  Moved here and was confused because no hard liquor in grocery store.  Have to go to package store, but, there is one on almost every corner.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

We were spoiled in other state - in our Parish we could get any kind of liquor at walmart and any grocery store and quick stop place.  Moved here and was confused because no hard liquor in grocery store.  Have to go to package store, but, there is one on almost every corner.

No hard liquor in the grocery stores here in CT either...not even wine. Just beer. But at least they finally decided to let the package stores open on Sunday.

With all the moving around we did with the military over the past 30 years, sometimes it was an adjustment going from places where you could get wine anytime at the grocery store to those where you not only had to make an extra stop but had to plan ahead in case you wanted some wine with your Sunday dinner.

• Love 1

Just wanted to comment on the liquor restrictions I'm reading about.  I live in CA (California - not danger America) and you can buy wine and liquor anywhere.  I had no idea it wasn't readily available in all stores elsewhere at any time!  My mind is blown.... 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Just wanted to comment on the liquor restrictions I'm reading about.  I live in CA (California - not danger America) and you can buy wine and liquor anywhere.  I had no idea it wasn't readily available in all stores elsewhere at any time!  My mind is blown.... 

At least the states are small here! I remember a few times driving to Massachusetts or Rhode Island on a Sunday when we lived here at other times. Taking this to the Prayer Closet, too, in case anyone else was chiming in...it's too easy to get off topic!

We live in Washington, which voted a couple of years back to make hard liquor available anywhere instead of the state liquor stores. Imagine the sheer numbers of people standing slack-jawed in front of the Costco display of gallon-sized tequila bottles, for instance. ;-)

KJB and J-Chelle pride themselves on being "a little bit different", don't they? It's hard to imagine there is not someone at TLC that has gotten on their knees and begged them to avail themselves of a stylist at the least. I'm sure KJB and J-Chelle think they're demonstrating how humble they are. Actually, they show themselves to be ridiculous and uninformed when they show up to an event or an occasion badly (or inappropriately) dressed. One can only imagine the ensembles that will be worn to the "secret wedding", for instance.

I hope we'll get to see a pic of the Holy Goalie's family; I'm guessing they'll be dressed to the teeth. East Coast Italians are not showing up at a wedding in their work clothes...

• Love 1

You can produce a show and still not be able to stand its participants. However, I remember Courtney giving birth in China, so she seems to be rather hands-on, but that could have changed over the years since the Asia trip. The producer with whom the Duggars conduct their talking heads is male. We actually heard him ask questions in last night's episode. 

That said, that article was even more viscous than any snark you see here. But then again, all of us were enraged after Joshgate, which is when this article was written, so it could have been written in the heat of the moment. 

In conclusion: I can't conclusively confirm or deny that Courtney Enlow wrote that. 

5 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

We live in Washington, which voted a couple of years back to make hard liquor available anywhere instead of the state liquor stores. Imagine the sheer numbers of people standing slack-jawed in front of the Costco display of gallon-sized tequila bottles, for instance. ;-)

KJB and J-Chelle pride themselves on being "a little bit different", don't they? It's hard to imagine there is not someone at TLC that has gotten on their knees and begged them to avail themselves of a stylist at the least. I'm sure KJB and J-Chelle think they're demonstrating how humble they are. Actually, they show themselves to be ridiculous and uninformed when they show up to an event or an occasion badly (or inappropriately) dressed. One can only imagine the ensembles that will be worn to the "secret wedding", for instance.

I hope we'll get to see a pic of the Holy Goalie's family; I'm guessing they'll be dressed to the teeth. East Coast Italians are not showing up at a wedding in their work clothes...

I always said I would cackle if I ever saw Kitkland brand booze, and I do. But I must say their tequila (in the GIANT bottle) is pretty OK. 

I love Costco. I lived in Kirkland when the very first one opened and I still get a kick out of Kirkland everything. When I was a tad, Kirkland was barely a dot on the map. 

• Love 1

I grew up in Seattle but moved to SoCal in 1990. It was only until a few weeks ago that I realized why the Costco house brand is called Kirkland.  Duh!  I felt like a giant dork.  

Bringing it back to topic, I remember reading that scathing blog post a few years ago and agreeing with every word. 

10 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I always said I would cackle if I ever saw Kitkland brand booze, and I do. But I must say their tequila (in the GIANT bottle) is pretty OK. 

I love Costco. I lived in Kirkland when the very first one opened and I still get a kick out of Kirkland everything. When I was a tad, Kirkland was barely a dot on the map. 

Kirkland vodka good too. Both American and French versions. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, mbutterfly said:

What is the "Baptist bump" please? 

I think it's that hairstyle where the hair toward the back of the head is "bumped" up. It did seem to be fairly popular among some of the people I knew when we lived in Georgia. They probably were Baptist as well. I don't see it as much here in CT, so maybe it really is a cultural thing.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Mrs. Scott Enlow is one of the producers of Counting On. That can't be her. 

Two different Courtney Enlows (believe it or not).  One is a producer of Figure 8 Films, who are the production company behind Counting On and Bringing Up Bates and married to Scott Enlow(Courtney Everett Enlow).  The other is an entertainment writer and editor at Pajiba (Courtney Enlow).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, mbutterfly said:

What is the "Baptist bump" please? 

I'm sorry, I couldn't find a picture (everything's on Pinterest, and I don't do Pinterest)! Dopey bump in the front. But then the rest of the hair is down, typically.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lemur said:

Two different Courtney Enlows (believe it or not).  One is a producer of Figure 8 Films, who are the production company behind Counting On and Bringing Up Bates and married to Scott Enlow(Courtney Everett Enlow).  The other is an entertainment writer and editor at Pajiba (Courtney Enlow).

Damn, it would have been so awesome if Courtney and Scott hated the Duggars, really knew the score on them but of course loved their well-paying jobs.  And slowly leaked out the truth via the show.

From that other Courtney Enlow:  "The Duggars are hideous garbage humans and always have been, but it’s at least been easy to laugh at them. We can disassociate from the darkness of their awful patriarchal beliefs to laugh at the weird Christians with the weird ideas. This has been a crushing blow to any ability to take them as anything but the unspeakable horror show they truly are."   Damn.

Edited by sheshark
Spelt Enlo rong. (Ima SOTDRT grad).
  • Love 1

NOW I know why the Duggar family loves to refer to Michelle as a Proverbs 31 woman:  

Proverbs 31:15   She gets up while it is still night;  she provides food for her family, and portions for her female servants.

There you have it, mystery solved.  

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Defrauder said:

NOW I know why the Duggar family loves to refer to Michelle as a Proverbs 31 woman:  

Proverbs 31:15   She gets up while it is still night;  she provides food for her family, and portions for her female servants.

There you have it, mystery solved.  

But In that house, it is the female servants that provide food for her family, because she riseth at 10 and purposeth to  go to Starbucks (as opposed to "She rises while it is not yet light and provides food for her family...and a portion...)

There...fixed it for you.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Right. I pulled that verse out a couple of weeks ago (her birthday, IIRC) to prove how she WASN'T a "Proverbs 31 woman."

Yes, you sure did.  I couldn't remember who made that point when I posted but I had to repeat it because it was so damn funny. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

But In that house, it is the female servants that provide food for her family, because she riseth at 10 and purposeth to  go to Starbucks (as opposed to "She rises while it is not yet light and provides food for her family...and a portion...)

There...fixed it for you.

You are just evil.  Hence, lovable.  And I absolutely agree with your assessment of Mullet.  That missing back muscle must need Starbucks.  No Dunkin Donuts in Tontitown?  Better coffee there but of course I'm biased about Dunkies 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Henri205 said:

You are just evil.  Hence, lovable.  And I absolutely agree with your assessment of Mullet.  That missing back muscle must need Starbucks.  No Dunkin Donuts in Tontitown?  Better coffee there but of course I'm biased about Dunkies 

I can't take all the credit for the Starbucks jab...

You bring the Dunkies and I'll bring the wine. See you in the prayer closet? Welcome back!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Maybe J-Chelle is continuing her new "praying ministry" at Starbucks. 

Well she wandered around Wal Mart for 3 hours. We're just a synapse connection away from her sitting on her ass and ministering to baristas 8 hours a day.

• Love 2
Just now, JoanArc said:

Well she wandered around Wal Mart for 3 hours. We're just a synapse connection away from her sitting on her ass and ministering to baristas 8 hours a day.

She's got a purse full of Wisdom Booklets and she's not afraid to use them!

• Love 11
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Defrauder said:

JimBob's public birthday greeting letter to Michelle:  Dear Michelle, bla bla bla, etc., over 32 years, bla bla bla, Thank you for having our 19 kids, bla bla bla, etc., JimBob.

Every women gets a public birthday greeting from her husband saying - thank you for having our kids.  Is that weird or what?  Happy Birthday, thank you for having our kids?  Imagine if they made birthday greeting cards that actually said that: To My Wife on her Birthday, Thank you dear for having our kids.  People would be like what?

Michelle's claim to fame, literally, having kids. Next year on JimBob's birthday will Michelle thank him for getting her pregnant 19 times? I'll write it for her to save her the trouble.  Dear Jim Bob, bla bla bla, over 32 years, etc., thank you for getting me pregnant with our 19 kids.  Michelle.

Michelle 50? Damn. She might be praying for a baby

• Love 2

I wonder if JB is so controlling, financially and otherwise, of his adult children because they know things that may be embarrassing to his headship.  He seems determined to try and get back on the show and control it's direction.  Combined with keeping close tabs on Ben and Jessa, treating Jinger like his personal property and already starting to demean Jeremy.  I'm really getting the feeling that his control is about keeping secrets - secrets, whatever they may be.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

I wonder if JB is so controlling, financially and otherwise, of his adult children because they know things that may be embarrassing to his headship.  He seems determined to try and get back on the show and control it's direction.  Combined with keeping close tabs on Ben and Jessa, treating Jinger like his personal property and already starting to demean Jeremy.  I'm really getting the feeling that his control is about keeping secrets - secrets, whatever they may be.

I agree.

He owes them he no longer owns them.

• Love 7
On 10/1/2016 at 3:25 PM, Defrauder said:

It's possible they know something embarrassing, but I think mostly it's that he's a control freak.

And also, I've wondered if Boob is (without talking about it on the show or out in public) holding to some version of the bizarre insane Botkin 200 year plan. Under which the nation (or world, maybe) will be "reclaimed" by white, male, right-wing, fundie evangelical Christian leadership. Basically by outbreeding everybody else, generation after generation. Of course, this assumes that each generation of kids will adopt the same whackjob belief system, which these guys, who are so into indoctrination, harsh child "discipline" aka abuse, and behavior control, are trying to ensure.

I think the Duggars were close with Doug Phillips, the former fundie bigwig of the Vision Forum. Remember, VF gave MEchelle that Mother of the Year Award. (For those unfamiliar with the lovely Douggie, he and the VF went crashing down when he was found to have been screwing his family's live-in teenaged nanny. But not before he promoted the 200 year plan.) And we know that as late as 2011 the Duggars in an Amazon blitz promoted the works of Michael and Debi Pearl. The Pearls, if you didn't know, advocate beating infants

All this the-righteous-will-control-the-future stuff IMO would appeal to control freak Boob - and Narcissist In Chief MEchelle. Whether or not he personally harbors a 200 year plan, I suspect that Boob's hoping to expand Duggar Enterprises to encompass work for all his kids and kids-in-law and eventually grandkids, unto all the next generations. So they can be accountable to no heathen people, and all live righteously ever after. When I consider what the kidults are up to, it makes some sense. The kids have made comments about the "family business" on the Counting On episodes, although we aren't shown much about what that means except a few used car buying/selling things, AFAIK. 

Some of it may work. IMO the Duggars have, whether by actual beatings (remember, they loved the Pearls!) or just reliance on other means, drained their kids of most natural intellectual curiosity and individual ambition, and produced dullards who can barely sound coherent in coached/scripted talking heads on their own TV show. On this forum we often say of the kidults that they don't have to stick around, they have options, etc. Sure, legally they do. But IMO they're mostly all so indoctrinated by their parents that they're like caged animals who don't understand their options when the cage door is opened. 

It's ugly. 

And, edited to add: Come to think of it, I'm sure there are some secrets that Boob is sweating about. After all, he and his wife signed on to star in a TV show where they prattled week after week about all the ways they preserved the "purity" and safety of their children - after knowing that their 15 year old son had sexually molested at least five very young girls in their own home. So, yeah, these despicable nutjobs may well have more secrets. I just think that for now they have the kids and kidults pretty much shut down and under their thumbs.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 21

Jeeves' post makes me think of The Allegory of the Cave. The post gives the details of how the kidults are chained in the dark. We've seen how uncomfortable Jill and Jessa have been in situations that were unfamiliar to them (ie. Danger America as a whole; visiting Flame on his turf). Smuggar was a little better in DC, but he was still working under auspices that conformed with his belief system. It will be interesting to see how Jinger fares if she ends up in Laredo. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

And also, I've wondered if Boob is (without talking about it on the show or out in public) holding to some version of the bizarre insane Botkin 200 year plan.

In one of the Jill courting episodes she mentioned (off-script, not in a talking head) something about being the first to expand the "tribe" of Duggar, à la the twelve tribes of Israel. I was quite amazed it got past the editors; perhaps they thought she was being facetious or something but knowing what I know about their particular brand of fundie, I took her to be quite serious. Like this was a thing they had actually discussed. It does sound like something that Jim Boob would be all over; didn't he say in one early episode that one of the reasons he bought so much land to go with the TTH was that there would be plenty of room to build more houses for his kids to live in? I honestly believe that Boob harbours a fantasy of being some kind of Old Testament-type of Patriarch where he will be the father of dragons 19 tribes that will rule the world, and that the obsessive breeding is part of his plan to make this fantasy come true. Pity that his control issues and ego have assured that none of his offspring will have the agency, skills or motivation to rule anything.

• Love 17

Very OT from what is written above.  Just watched an episode of Peppa Pig with Master 3 - Peppa and her family were in Italy on holidays, Daddy Pig was just like watching Dumb Bob in any non-English speaking country, I know Peppa Pig is supposed to be funny, but omg, I just cringed.  It is bad when you see Dumb Bob in children's characters when you can use them as examples to your kids of what not to do and how not to be disrespectful.

• Love 3

I cannot imagine going from not being allowed to hold hands with your partner to kissing and sex within the span of a few months. I wonder if the Duggar's realize how much they are stunting their children's development. Obviously what they're doing doesn't work.. because smugs forcibly touched his siblings. Come on, duggars! You and J'Chelle did whatever you want... why not give your children the ability to make their own choices? ?

• Love 4
On 10/6/2016 at 6:06 PM, Vaysh said:

I honestly believe that Boob harbours a fantasy of being some kind of Old Testament-type of Patriarch where he will be the father of dragons 19 tribes that will rule the world, and that the obsessive breeding is part of his plan to make this fantasy come true. Pity that his control issues and ego have assured that none of his offspring will have the agency, skills or motivation to rule anything.

You've nailed the catch-22 with a control freak's plan for world domination, or the founding of some kind of dynasty (familial, commercial, political...). The Control Freak has a good chance of controlling adult offspring if he/she rears them in a way that strongly indoctrinates them on how to think and act in all areas of their lives, starting in infancy. It helps to isolate them from outside influences, and to keep them dependent on you financially and emotionally (for approval), and instilling fear of God and their parents is a big boost here.

But by doing that, you've also drained them of the stuff of which leaders and thinkers and achievers are made. And Boob has taken the whole game super-radical: he's made sure that none of the kids has a decent basic education, and kept them so rigidly isolated that they are woefully lacking in basic social skills.

So @Vaysh, I agree, the Duggar kidults aren't gonna rule anything. I'd be surprised if many of them are ever able to earn enough money (not counting TLC cash) to support themselves and their own families. JB's "family business" - used vehicles and real estate - will have to be spectacularly successful to support the 19 kids + spouses + kids, into the future. 

• Love 9
On 10/6/2016 at 1:03 PM, Jeeves said:

It's possible they know something embarrassing, but I think mostly it's that he's a control freak.

And also, I've wondered if Boob is (without talking about it on the show or out in public) holding to some version of the bizarre insane Botkin 200 year plan. Under which the nation (or world, maybe) will be "reclaimed" by white, male, right-wing, fundie evangelical Christian leadership. Basically by outbreeding everybody else, generation after generation. Of course, this assumes that each generation of kids will adopt the same whackjob belief system, which these guys, who are so into indoctrination, harsh child "discipline" aka abuse, and behavior control, are trying to ensure.

I think the Duggars were close with Doug Phillips, the former fundie bigwig of the Vision Forum. Remember, VF gave MEchelle that Mother of the Year Award. (For those unfamiliar with the lovely Douggie, he and the VF went crashing down when he was found to have been screwing his family's live-in teenaged nanny. But not before he promoted the 200 year plan.) And we know that as late as 2011 the Duggars in an Amazon blitz promoted the works of Michael and Debi Pearl. The Pearls, if you didn't know, advocate beating infants

All this the-righteous-will-control-the-future stuff IMO would appeal to control freak Boob - and Narcissist In Chief MEchelle. Whether or not he personally harbors a 200 year plan, I suspect that Boob's hoping to expand Duggar Enterprises to encompass work for all his kids and kids-in-law and eventually grandkids, unto all the next generations. So they can be accountable to no heathen people, and all live righteously ever after. When I consider what the kidults are up to, it makes some sense. The kids have made comments about the "family business" on the Counting On episodes, although we aren't shown much about what that means except a few used car buying/selling things, AFAIK. 

Some of it may work. IMO the Duggars have, whether by actual beatings (remember, they loved the Pearls!) or just reliance on other means, drained their kids of most natural intellectual curiosity and individual ambition, and produced dullards who can barely sound coherent in coached/scripted talking heads on their own TV show. On this forum we often say of the kidults that they don't have to stick around, they have options, etc. Sure, legally they do. But IMO they're mostly all so indoctrinated by their parents that they're like caged animals who don't understand their options when the cage door is opened. 

It's ugly. 

And, edited to add: Come to think of it, I'm sure there are some secrets that Boob is sweating about. After all, he and his wife signed on to star in a TV show where they prattled week after week about all the ways they preserved the "purity" and safety of their children - after knowing that their 15 year old son had sexually molested at least five very young girls in their own home. So, yeah, these despicable nutjobs may well have more secrets. I just think that for now they have the kids and kidults pretty much shut down and under their thumbs.

You're absolutely right about all of JB's crazy 200 year plan.  I will add that he is probably banking on at least 200 grandkids (maybe more) living in very close proximity to each other, all insulated in the cult and 'trained' in their ways leading to - you guessed it - cousin marriages and breeding.  Which I think JB probably really wants.  All of the talk about 'adoption' from Ben and Jessa and Jill and Derick is bullshit, in my opinion and I'm right, to mask the real plan of the inter-breeding 200 year plan keeping the bloodline pure crap.  God's army apparently must not have too many 'sins of the fathers' upon them, although they've got plenty of sins themselves already but blind themselves to that fact.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Jeeves said:

So @Vaysh, I agree, the Duggar kidults aren't gonna rule anything. I'd be surprised if many of them are ever able to earn enough money (not counting TLC cash) to support themselves and their own families. JB's "family business" - used vehicles and real estate - will have to be spectacularly successful to support the 19 kids + spouses + kids, into the future. 

And who would buy a Duggar rehab house after watching them on TV?  Who wants to live in a house that a bunch of teenagers & kidadults refurbished with limited or no professional help? I'm sure Boob cuts corners on everything.  They probably just painted over the mold in Benessa's digs.

19 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I would imagine the market for used vehicles and real estate in Tonitown and the surrounding area to be low demand and already saturated. Don't imagine that the Duggars are well liked in Tonitown, either.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Defrauder said:

You're absolutely right about all of JB's crazy 200 year plan.  I will add that he is probably banking on at least 200 grandkids (maybe more) living in very close proximity to each other, all insulated in the cult and 'trained' in their ways leading to - you guessed it - cousin marriages and breeding.  Which I think JB probably really wants.  All of the talk about 'adoption' from Ben and Jessa and Jill and Derick is bullshit, in my opinion and I'm right, to mask the real plan of the inter-breeding 200 year plan keeping the bloodline pure crap.  God's army apparently must not have too many 'sins of the fathers' upon them, although they've got plenty of sins themselves already but blind themselves to that fact.

Ahhh, yes.  Eugenics.  Because that always ends up sooooo well. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Lemur said:

Ahhh, yes.  Eugenics.  Because that always ends up sooooo well. 

A Duggar Breeding nightmare.  Forget science, they'll try to  pray away the devastation inbreeding will bring and then blame the devil for attacking their holy righteousness.  Health insurance and medicine?  No, they will learn that their 200 year plan results in self-destruction.   The crazy cult will be a footnote in history on the ignorance and self-deception of cult believers.   Their example will be used as a warning to those who may fall prey to cult dreams.   It's not going to go well for them.

• Love 3

Okay Michelle, can't we compromise? How about you keep your 1980s crunch, but chop off about 10 - 12 inches? Or better yet chop off a foot and roll you hair the old fashioned way and go for some nice long soft waves.

• Love 6