Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, louannems said:

As a Lifetime Weight Watcher, I learned that restaurant salads frequently have more fat and calories than a hamburger!

I  used the trick I learned in WW stick fork in dressing then put fork into salad. You still get a taste of dressing but not a lot of calories . 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

The thing is - he could be eating ice cream, peanut butter, cheese, butter, mashed potatoes, etc - foods that are easy to eat and have lots of calories, but for some reason he chooses not to.

Maybe those foods are not Gothard approved.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

The thing is - he could be eating ice cream, peanut butter, cheese, butter, mashed potatoes, etc - foods that are easy to eat and have lots of calories, but for some reason he chooses not to.

That says a lot. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

His father died at a very young age from heart disease and his mom had cancer, so for those people, many will start young being picky about their diets to get a head start on fighting their genetics.  I'm sure that's got to be part of it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

His father died at a very young age from heart disease and his mom had cancer, so for those people, many will start young being picky about their diets to get a head start on fighting their genetics.  I'm sure that's got to be part of it.

Probably that and "not eating" your feelings...

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He can also pay a modest fee to be tested for his genetic propensity for heart disease, cancer, or both. Maybe Cathy and his dad were actually outliers? At any rate, it never hurts to eat well, but the poor boy needs a couple good old fashioned cheat days a week. Ones with full fat dressing on his Panera salads. :D

• Love 1

I cannot copy and paste his product for some reason.  However, just google Japanese Smile Trainer.  It is this plastic gadget that you stick into your mouth and it forces your mouth into a deep smile position!  I saw this and immediately wondered if that is how Michelle has trained her mouth so well into that pained, gritted-teeth "smile".

• Love 1

Just read Sarah Pope's blog and the difference between her and you Clown Car is a world wide distance .  Not because she has only 2 kids and you have 19 or 21 depending on if you count your 2 miscarriages But she really knows all about what her kids like and dislike but she treats them as individuals not as a number like you treat your kids.

• Love 7
On 12/18/2016 at 11:11 AM, Rabbittron said:

Just read Sarah Pope's blog and the difference between her and you Clown Car is a world wide distance .  Not because she has only 2 kids and you have 19 or 21 depending on if you count your 2 miscarriages But she really knows all about what her kids like and dislike but she treats them as individuals not as a number like you treat your kids.

I followed her for a while after seeing her on TLC- one thing that really stuck out to me is that she ONLY had the second baby after being told that her first being born so early likely wasn't going to happen again. She also waited until her son was older to get pregnant again. 

When she went into pre term labor with her second (although much later, I think she was a 32 weeker) she said she was 100% absolutely done having children because her body cannot bring a baby to full term. 

What does Michelle do? Goes and gets pregnant 2 seconds later after. Unbelievable. 

• Love 8

Well, Jim Bob is the master of ovulation. 

He somehow managed to have Jill and Jessa pregnant and the same time. We are waiting to hear about Jinger.  Judging by Jinger's hair, those two will be pregnant soon.  

Jim Bob got some talent going on... 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Well, Jim Bob is the master of ovulation. 

He somehow managed to have Jill and Jessa pregnant and the same time. We are waiting to hear about Jinger.  Judging by Jinger's hair, those two will be pregnant soon.  

Jim Bob got some talent going on... 

Jill, Jessa, and Jinger--the pregnancy ratings trifecta.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Jill, Jessa, and Jinger--the pregnancy ratings trifecta.

Jim Bob might have bad breath and lego hair but he is master of the ovary! 

(ew, gross)

Seriously, WTF?  Did they plan this shit? OK, Ben and Derick, put a knot in it until Counting On is wrapping up....

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Nah, to dangerous for the ratings, but Anna carrying MEchelle's & JB's baby for them ...

I shudder to think what the ratings might be. ("This week on COUNTING ON, Anna is inseminated through the love of our Lord and the unused turkey baster we got as a wedding gift! Jesus provides!")* 

We would get the treat of watching J-Chelle drop the baby talk and "tell the truth in love" when SHE is no longer the Center of Attention! (TM)

*This is appreciably edited from what I originally wrote...

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 6
On 12/14/2016 at 11:34 AM, Lady Edith said:

Nope, no splurging for Jim Bob.  He is drinking soda from what appears to be a complimentary water cup.  They are slightly different from the soda cups.  In the majority of the Paneras I've eaten in, the water cups do not have the Panera brand printed on them.  He most likely ordered lunch with four waters and, as the drinks at Panera are largely self-serve (aside from the specialty coffees, teas and smoothies) he simply served himself the soda as opposed to water.  

Please, Derick, PLEASE have a milkshake with that salad.  Or better yet, trade it in for a vat of cream of mushroom soup and a scone or seven. 

Oh so Jim Bob STOLE a drink?! Yes, that's what it is stealing. Asshole

• Love 5

What number child was Michelle on when she had the infamous laundry room breakdown? Six? Is that correct? We have a two year old and an infant. Our niece (6) and nephew (9) are spending the week (I'm off work). I adore them and they're great kids who want to help and interact with their cousins. But I am EXHAUSTED. Maybe I don't have a heart for more than two kids or something. If I took care of 4 kids every day (including an infant and a toddler), I would have had a break down before getting to number six. I had my tubes removed last month and any second guessing I'd had about that (I'd really had none; I guess it was feeling that I should have had some second guesses) definitely went out the window. If Michelle made it to six kids before having a nervous breakdown, she's more woman (well, a Gothardite ideal woman) than I'd ever be. A few weeks of taking care of four or more kids 24/7 and I'd be in the hospital with "exhaustion" (see: Lohan, Lindsay). And sh*t, Michelle (okay, or Jana, really) can't even have a glass of wine to unwind at the end of the night. 

ETA: before we had our own kids, niece and nephew (who were obviously younger back then) would come stay with us and I never felt this exhausted. It's the sheer number of people and the logistics of baths/laundry/food adversions/diapers for the littles/constantly picking up or cleaning/etc that has got me wanting to go hide in my laundry room with a glass of Riesling and chocolate. Whoa.  I know four is nothing compared to six or nineteen, but wow....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 19
On 1/1/2017 at 11:51 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

What number child was Michelle on when she had the infamous laundry room breakdown? Six? Is that correct? We have a two year old and an infant. Our niece (6) and nephew (9) are spending the week (I'm off work). I adore them and they're great kids who want to help and interact with their cousins. But I am EXHAUSTED. Maybe I don't have a heart for more than two kids or something. If I took care of 4 kids every day (including an infant and a toddler), I would have had a break down before getting to number six. I had my tubes removed last month and any second guessing I'd had about that (I'd really had none; I guess it was feeling that I should have had some second guesses) definitely went out the window. If Michelle made it to six kids before having a nervous breakdown, she's more woman (well, a Gothardite ideal woman) than I'd ever be. A few weeks of taking care of four or more kids 24/7 and I'd be in the hospital with "exhaustion" (see: Lohan, Lindsay). And sh*t, Michelle (okay, or Jana, really) can't even have a glass of wine to unwind at the end of the night. 

ETA: before we had our own kids, niece and nephew (who were obviously younger back then) would come stay with us and I never felt this exhausted. It's the sheer number of people and the logistics of baths/laundry/food adversions/diapers for the littles/constantly picking up or cleaning/etc that has got me wanting to go hide in my laundry room with a glass of Riesling and chocolate. Whoa.  I know four is nothing compared to six or nineteen, but wow....

And you have taken measures not to have more children. Michelle on the other hand has a break down with 6 children and goes on to have 13 more. All because God sent her a woman to do her laundry.

• Love 12
On 1/1/2017 at 8:51 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

And sh*t, Michelle (okay, or Jana, really) can't even have a glass of wine to unwind at the end of the night. 

Not only that, but they're not even allowed to complain because God gave them these blessings and put them in that role. Plus, at the end of the night, they have to joyfully work on the next baby. Gothard might be great for men, but for the life of me I can't figure out why any woman would put up with it.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Not only that, but they're not even allowed to complain because God gave them these blessings and put them in that role. Plus, at the end of the night, they have to joyfully work on the next baby. Gothard might be great for men, but for the life of me I can't figure out why any woman would put up with it.

I don't see how Gothardism has been good for anyone but Gothard and his minions.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Makes you wonder how many of these women just learn to sleep through sex. It's not like a Gothard male would know or care.

Just lie back and think of Jesus...Makes one really wonder what actually might be going through some of their minds...

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

What's even sadder and worse is that they don't even CARE.

It's sad, because if they were a non-religious family, or mainstream Christian family with 19 children, their parents may have still neglected their education and social skills in search of fame and riches. however, now they would be able to get out and use their money to improve their education or seek out good opportunities. It's the brainwashing that has crippled them even more than isolation and lack of education. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 8

I was in my local warehouse store today with the younger of my two ducklings when we happened upon a large family.  Mom and dad looked to be in their early 30s.  Their six children appeared to range in age from 8 or 9 years old to around 9 or 10 months and it appeared that mom was pregnant again, maybe 8 months or so.  The temperature today was around 30 degrees and windy, yet all the girls were in long skirts (including mom).  

Mom and Dad both looked absolutely exhausted.  Mom had huge dark circles under her eyes and looked as if she was about to cry.  Dad was trying his best to wrangle the three kids in his charge. The kids were not acting out in any way, just being young, bored kids on a shopping trip.  Wanting to look at things, walking off, that sort of thing.  The parents were definitely frazzled.  

When I looked at them I saw Jim Bob and Michelle at their age.  And it really made me think about what life was like for them.  Dear lord, it's no wonder Michelle had a breakdown!  I remember how hard it was to wrangle my two when I took them shopping at that age.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have four more on top of that!

Seriously, if this was what life was like for them in the early days, why on God's green earth would they keep having kids?  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I was in my local warehouse store today with the younger of my two ducklings when we happened upon a large family.  Mom and dad looked to be in their early 30s.  Their six children appeared to range in age from 8 or 9 years old to around 9 or 10 months and it appeared that mom was pregnant again, maybe 8 months or so.  The temperature today was around 30 degrees and windy, yet all the girls were in long skirts (including mom).  

Mom and Dad both looked absolutely exhausted.  Mom had huge dark circles under her eyes and looked as if she was about to cry.  Dad was trying his best to wrangle the three kids in his charge. The kids were not acting out in any way, just being young, bored kids on a shopping trip.  Wanting to look at things, walking off, that sort of thing.  The parents were definitely frazzled.  

When I looked at them I saw Jim Bob and Michelle at their age.  And it really made me think about what life was like for them.  Dear lord, it's no wonder Michelle had a breakdown!  I remember how hard it was to wrangle my two when I took them shopping at that age.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have four more on top of that!

Seriously, if this was what life was like for them in the early days, why on God's green earth would they keep having kids?  

Because, somehow, in his infinite wisdom, god apparently has it worked out....

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think God, in His infinite wisdom, give us the sense to realize when we've had enough kids...or at least most of us...

And 19 kids is what happens when one allows a human, such as Gothard, to be as important and powerful to them as God. 

Comments like the nonsensical one Jinger made about modesty at the dress fitting has me wondering if JB & M have moments of reexamining the bullshit that Gothard is. I imagine it would be hard to admit to themselves that they would allow one man's thoughts, opinions and fetishes to dictate their belief in God, but maybe they're having moments of clarity.

If so, I credit us and other social media.

• Love 2

When they do realize that so much of this is unnecessary BS, I predict Jana will be the one who has the meltdown. She has sacrificed her whole life - with the threat of hell and without being able to make the choice to live this way - and she has been hated by her mother, pretty much locked up and fixed to raise everyone younger than her, had to deal with medical emergencies no kid should have to handle, received no education and minimal job skills AND icing on the cake - she's the one who hasn't been 'rewarded' with daddy finding her a Prince Charming. Then she'll get to watch her younger, fewer siblings be able to do far more 'normal' things without the constant worry she had when raising her siblings.

When Jana finally reaches her breaking point and decides she has to be the one to make her own happiness, I hope she clocks Michelle straight in the countenance and demands backpay and lost wages from Jimbob. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I imagine it would be hard to admit to themselves that they would allow one man's thoughts, opinions and fetishes to dictate their belief in God, but maybe they're having moments of clarity.

Any time a preacher tells your daughters to curl their hair a certain way or wear open toed sandals, he might just have a few fetishes.  As self appointed guardians of their children's purity, this should have been a big red flag to JB&M.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think God, in His infinite wisdom, give us the sense to realize when we've had enough kids...or at least most of us...

That's the problem...Isn't there a Bible verse somewhere which tells you to put all your trust in God, and lean not upon your own understanding? They follow that with such tenacity that they actually work so as not to cultivate any understanding to begin with, lest they be tempted to follow it...

• Love 6