Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SMama said:

But God talked to him in a "supernatural" way (his word from their book) by tossing a penny three times.  I forgot if it was heads or tails. Then just like that his kids were no longer hungry. Asshole.

Well, if you're a strict constructionist that's your "sin in the camp", innit?  Applying superstitious outcomes/motives to a coin toss?

There ya go - we can all trace it back to the patriarch's sin.  Worse yet, if the coin toss refers to accepting TLC's offer and not the Senate race - the former, if he misinterprets it, who says God wanted them to have a teevee ministry anyway?  

• Love 4

What gets me is that they in effect rewarded Josh for his actions by removing him from the home and JB taking him to his office as a state rep and his campaign office for senator.  The reason may have been to get him away from the girls and give him something else to do, but it contributed mightily to his smugness.  Mainly it got him out of the house Michele was going crazy in, and for good reason.  

IIRC the mixed "gender" bedrooms existed to a degree in the TTH when sister moms took over the care of the little boys until they were old enough to join the boys bunk room.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Looking at that picture of Michelle in the Peter Pan shirt and daisy jumper has me wondering how she breast fed Johannah without getting almost completely undressed or pulling her dress up from the bottom. She'd need a shower curtain to keep modest.

Maybe that was her "fancy" dress and after the pic she put on something else with easy boobage access.

• Love 2

I'm (very) embarrassed to admit but in 1999 I was pregnant with baby #1 and broke as crap. A friend let me borrow her maternity clothes--ashamed to say I wore frumpers a good bit (but only to work). 

Whem pregnant with #2 and husband was out of school I put my foot down and bought decent ones. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Eat your heart out Michelle:  A couple in Britain is expecting their 20th baby.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4361092/Britain-s-biggest-brood-growing-AGAIN.html 

Well, since this family counts a baby they lost at 23 weeks as one of the 20, they still haven't beaten JB and M since they don't count Jubilee or the miscarriage.  Also, this couple started their family at age 14(!) and didn't get married until 4 years later, so SINNERS!  Their kids all have different initials and fairly typically spelled names; no Jinger for them!  They also send their kids to regular schools and the husband supports them all running a family owned bakery.  No mention of donations or TV shows for support and no SOTDRT.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Janarella said:

IMO, JB seems to value four things -- his fundie brand of conservative Christianity, political influence, fame, and money. I have often wondered, however, which he values most of all. Of course, JB would claim, "I place Christ above all else!" but I'm not so sure. I feel like we have witnessed countless examples of him placing his "worldly" pursuits above Christ and I wonder just how far it would extend. 

For example, if a wealthy or politically-connected suitor expressed an interest in one of his children, but the suitor wasn't an extreme fundie conservative Christian, do you think JB would look the other way to benefit himself? Or Christ above all else?

I don't think it's even a question.

He doesn't give a crap about Christ. Or anything except the fame, money and power over others (political, intra-family or whatever) that you mentioned. Zero evidence of any other interests that I've ever seen.

Luckily for well-connected suitors, few are probably stupid enough to want to connect themselves with such a transparently idiotic transparently terminally selfish ignoramus.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't think it's even a question.

He doesn't give a crap about Christ. Or anything except the fame, money and power over others (political, intra-family or whatever) that you mentioned. Zero evidence of any other interests that I've ever seen.

That's pretty standard for fundies, though, isn't it? Particularly for them men. As studies have shows, people see god in their own image, so no matter what dogma they claim to follow, at the end of the day the tell themselves that whatever desire pops into their head is Christ speaking to them. Except sexual desires, of course. That's all Satan. 

• Love 5
(edited)
34 minutes ago, lascuba said:

That's pretty standard for fundies, though, isn't it? Particularly for them men. As studies have shows, people see god in their own image, so no matter what dogma they claim to follow, at the end of the day the tell themselves that whatever desire pops into their head is Christ speaking to them. Except sexual desires, of course. That's all Satan. 

Yep. Totally agree. It's absolutely standard. It's why many many people take up this "faith" in the first place, in my opinion. God is way way too often made in people's own image. We know that. But a heck of a lot of people seem to believe the tale they're told, seems to me.

That's one of the many reasons that I don't like somebody becoming a teevee star on the strength of it. Not a set of delusions that should be encouraged, in my opinion. Because -- the tv show? Was constructed to buttress the very false idea that it's Christ this piece of slime loves. Ha.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

I think the medications I am on are affecting my thought process because I wonder if JB had a problem, lets say saluting the tree, would he be allowed to take a special little pill to help him out with his problem. I am sure Michelle would be blame for his problem, but I still cannot wonder if men in the Gothard cult err...religion are allowed to get certain type of help for their one problem. Of course, I can see him going to the ER in case the special blue pill cause him to be saluting for four or more hours. He probably would be boasting about it for months. Okay...Can someone please hand me some extra strength brain bleach and the keys to the Prayer Closet.

Of course, he would get to take the little blue pills! Ma Bates is allowed to take medication to stay pregnant, even though if God is really in control of her uterus and wanted her to carry to term, you'd think He would fix her little problem.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think the medications I am on are affecting my thought process because I wonder if JB had a problem, lets say saluting the tree, would he be allowed to take a special little pill to help him out with his problem. I am sure Michelle would be blame for his problem, but I still cannot wonder if men in the Gothard cult err...religion are allowed to get certain type of help for their one problem. Of course, I can see him going to the ER in case the special blue pill cause him to be saluting for four or more hours. He probably would be boasting about it for months. Okay...Can someone please hand me some extra strength brain bleach and the keys to the Prayer Closet.

Well you need to be able to salute to be able spill seeds. And you need them seeds to make blessings. So sure, the little blue pills will help build God's army. No need to mention that men might enjoy themselves cuz it's all about Jesus.

I remember reading an article years ago about a guy who was having some problems, so he went to the doctor for the little blue pill. He started using the pills and was caught cheating on his lady friend. Well, lady friend was not happy and decided to sue the company who made the pills. I guess she decided she was not to blame for her man cheating on her. Take note Michelle in case the same thing happens to you.

Nah, Michelle would just blame herself and then write a million posts about what an awesome marriage she has because she chooses to stay with an idiot.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Jim Bob would never cheat on Michelle; he's scared to death of her.

A part of me wonders if the laundry room breakdown wasn't triggered by Jim Bob banging another woman. It fits so well...

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

A part of me wonders if the laundry room breakdown wasn't triggered by Jim Bob banging another woman. It fits so well...

I've always been convinced Michelle's breakdown was 1. Overexaggerated, and 2. The product of a narcissist who doesn't even like kids having too many kids, too fast. 

KJB is so PWed, I'd be floored if he ever ever considered cheating on Mullet. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Anonymousie said:

I've always been convinced Michelle's breakdown was 1. Overexaggerated, and 2. The product of a narcissist who doesn't even like kids having too many kids, too fast. 

Hehe.

6 hours ago, Anonymousie said:

What Michelle reports as a breakdown is probably similar to what many parents of a single newborn, never mind 5 under 5 has felt. Most postpartum moms are sleep deprived, overwhelmed and hormonal and many times the intensity of it all kind of slaps them in the face. However she could have been experiencing postpartum depression and/or anxiety.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/22/2017 at 9:32 PM, Anonymousie said:

His ego wouldn't let him admit to the extreme likelihood that he'd lose. I'm surprised he didn't run again. 

Well, I think the fact that he didn't does -- although I'm reluctant to say it -- have some small sense of reality. (alongside a big heaping helping of delusion as well, of course.)

He tried to get the Senate seat in the first place because he thought that its holder, Tim Hutchinson, would be irreparably weakened by having dumped his wife to marry a younger staffer. And Hutchinson clearly was weakened by it -- the state had really kind of turned against him. Nevertheless, in the primary he beat Jizm Bob by miles and miles. I mean, Hutchinson, who was running weakened, got nearly 80 percent of the primary vote. i.e., Arkansas Republicans were not thrilled with Tim H at that point -- they'd made that perfectly clear-- but they nevertheless preferred him to JB by a whopping number. 

And then in the general Hutchinson lost resoundingly to his Democratic opponent, the then-Attorney General Mark Pryor. ....

And with Senate terms being six years, by the time JB could have run again, not only would he have had to face a likely not already badly limping GOP opponent(s) (and a now-Democratic incumbent, who was still pretty popular at that point), but he was already well ensconced in his TeeVee show. .....

So he was getting essentially free money and houses and trips for doing nothing more than putting his mug on television and saying stupid stuff to people. He had all the fame he wanted -- and a worldwide ministry!! (in his mind) -- so the influence that he'd craved, too, without really working for it and without spending more money (which he probably didn't even have -- after all, he'd dropped a quarter mill just on a primary that he lost badly; to actually get elected, he would have had to come up with money for the general as well). And without having to move to evil debbil Washington where pretty much nobody would have worshipped him and where the cost of living is high.

And I think that, given JB's ego, he would only have run for the Senate, not the House (or the Arkansas leg again). He craved big time influence over the world and he thought that Hutchinson's fall was his chance to get it by holding statewide and, in a way, national office in the Senate. .... But then, PRAISE BE!, God saw fit to give him the TeeVee show -- which gave him even more fame and influence than any paltry old U.S. Senator .... and without JB even having to work much or spend any money! In fact, he got a free house out of it!

Surely that was God's plan for the nation all along.

Edited by Churchhoney
because parallel structure is our friend
  • Love 10

We're such great grandparents! We know when a grandchild has a birthday! And yo, Mechelle, we know the "sibling" is a boy. Crawl out from under your possum head and get your shit together. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I heard Have a blessed birthday.  Like Izzy knows what that means!

Well, like all their "messages to the kids," I'm pretty sure this one was not really for Izzy. It was for us. You know, we need that ministry where they show us how godly they are. Otherwise how would we know that we're inferior to them, hunh? 

• Love 11

JB's shirt is so dang bright. And I keep the brightness turned all the way down on my phone. :-(

I watched without sound at work, cuz I couldn't be bothered to find my headphones. Didn't feel it took anything away since they always say the same stuff!

Wonder what's behind the door they are standing in front of that needs the slide lock so high up above children's reach. And it looks like there are little Ten Commandments scrolls right attached to it. OMG is the prayer closet a real thing????

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Why can't MEchelle invest in some new clothes?  

Or a hairbrush.  Everytime I see a picture of her lately I have a strong desire to pick up a weed whacker and use it on her hair.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Did she say have a bless birthday, or did I miss understood her.

That's how they talk.  The rest of us need subtitles to understand them.

• Love 2

Michelle likely wandered around a Walmart for three hours until she was recognized, realized they weee uncritical fawning drones, then spewed her crap at 'fans' for a few minutes, the went home. 

Every other place J-Chelle has met her adoring public had pictures up on FB and Instagram at the speed of light. It's hard to imagine that everyone in Arkansas LOOOOOOOOVES Dairy Queen and can hardly wait for thirty seconds of her time. It's also hard to imagine that she didn't run into anyone during her "three hours" or whatever at Wal-Mart who wanted to give her a piece of their mind.

This is the same woman who can't appear at a book signing without heavy security. I have been to many, many book signings; the only authors who have that type of security and babysitting by bookstore employees are former Presidents and Bruce Springsteen. What's she so afraid of?

• Love 6
On 4/8/2017 at 9:13 PM, Missy Vixen said:

Every other place J-Chelle has met her adoring public had pictures up on FB and Instagram at the speed of light. It's hard to imagine that everyone in Arkansas LOOOOOOOOVES Dairy Queen and can hardly wait for thirty seconds of her time. It's also hard to imagine that she didn't run into anyone during her "three hours" or whatever at Wal-Mart who wanted to give her a piece of their mind.

This is the same woman who can't appear at a book signing without heavy security. I have been to many, many book signings; the only authors who have that type of security and babysitting by bookstore employees are former Presidents and Bruce Springsteen. What's she so afraid of?

I went to a book signing for Lauren Conrad and I don't think she had security at all, if they were they were plain clothes security.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:03 PM, lookeyloo said:

Maybe that was her "fancy" dress and after the pic she put on something else with easy boobage access.

Some of those frumpers have snaps on the straps so you can open them easily and nurse.

I never liked jumpers or frumper because they made me look fat.  But I had friends who wore them. 

• Love 1
On 4/8/2017 at 9:13 PM, Missy Vixen said:

She did the wandering when the show was off the air. That was when she didn't get any attention. I dont think any of the Duggars realizes how quickly they will be forgotten once the gravy train stops.  Narcissists do crazy things to maintain supply plus the Duggars basically filter out all negative comments directed at them.

re: security. There may have been  threats against the family, and I don't blame them for having security if that was the case. Of course not whoring out your family will prevent threats too. That being said, I'm sure it was both there to engance egos (See, I'm famous and important!), and stop the public from getting too mentally close to the kids. Can't have someone take a metaphoric pin and pop the bubble they're trapped in, can we? Jim Bob probably lives in fear of getting an Anita Bryant pie in the face or being glitter bombed. Such a masculine man.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jim Bob probably lives in fear of getting an Anita Bryant pie in the face or being glitter bombed. Such a masculine man.

Can we take up a collection for that to happen?  

• Love 16

Just like his senate campaign, Boob will stop at nothing to get the attention his sad little ego so desperately needs. Sure, the kids' lives might be in danger because of all of the random psychos out there (I'm looking at you, JRod), but it's fine, we'll just hire a security guard. I'm sure it never occurred to him that he shouldn't be putting little kids in that position in the first place. Plastering them all over TV, the older girls being pimped out for marriage and the little tiny pre-pubescent girls making sure they cover their knees and shoulders, objectifying them not only within the family but inviting the public to do so as well--what could possibly go wrong? I can see why they would feel they needed a security guard--it's just typical Duggardumbassery not to, even for one moment, question WHY.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, EAG46 said:

Can we take up a collection for that to happen?  

Same exact thought popped into my head!  You know, there were dance parties held outside Pence's house.  Maybe someone can start a traveling dance party, head to Arkansas for a one off, and we can support THEIR ministry.  THAT is a ministry I would support!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

re: security. There may have been  threats against the family, and I don't blame them for having security if that was the case. Of course not whoring out your family will prevent threats too. That being said, I'm sure it was both there to engance egos (See, I'm famous and important!), and stop the public from getting too mentally close to the kids. Can't have someone take a metaphoric pin and pop the bubble they're trapped in, can we? Jim Bob probably lives in fear of getting an Anita Bryant pie in the face or being glitter bombed. Such a masculine man.

I seriously doubt that someone wants to kill them or to do serious bodily harm.  Throwing tomatoes, however, is a real possibility.

• Love 4