Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

The thing about Jim Bob and Michelle that gets me is that they are oh, so out there showing everyone else how to live. JB, 'Chelle and the Duggar 19 may be a LARGE family but they are not a HEALTHY one. So, IMO, they are a failure as a family....all due to the "world's most perfect parents, Jim Bob and Michelle". 

• Love 14

If I look at the cast of characters, Anna, Kendra, Lauren, Abby, Derick, Ben, Jeremy and Austin, as my own children-in-law minus the Fundy, I would list them from top to bottom as Kendra, Abby, Austin, Jeremy, Anna, Ben/Lauren (tie) and Derick. 

If I look at them as a Fundy mother-in-law my list would be, Kendra, Austin, Anna, Jeremy, Lauren, Abby, Ben/Derick.

If Michelle could get out of her own way, I wonder how she would see them.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Maybe she's just trying to hold her gut up. 

Maybe her boobs have sagged down to her mid section. JB look like he has been eating a lot of tater tot casserole. And why does he need to put his hands on like that. Does he have to say she is mine, hands off to the other men around her. Like there are a line of men around the block waiting to get their hands on her.

Edited by bigskygirl
mine not mind *lol*
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Abby Johnson is a lying liar who lies. Aside from being a Catholic convert, she'd fit in well with the Duggars. 

https://slate.com/human-interest/2010/01/the-earth-shaking-abortion-that-never-happened.html

https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/the-convert/

There is a good review in Variety.  My fundy cousin posted on Facebook how great and true and real this movie is and we should all take note.  I can't think of a snarky way to respond that would slip by her, but not me.  I want to say "how many of these children that end up in foster care do you and your group adopt?"  Answer - none.  I realize the issue is much more complicated - but oy.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe her boobs have sagged down to her mid section. JB look like he has been eating a lot of tater tot casserole. And why does he need to put his hands on like that. Does he have to say she is mind, hands off to the other men around her. Like there are a line of men around the block waiting to get their hands on her.

He's probably fearful that "the-bikini-made-me-do-it" guy will come back. .... He and his walker may be lurking in some nearby nursing home just waiting for the chance to grab her now she's of age. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 20
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

They always look like a bad prom photo taken by a pissed-off parent.

I'm terrible at taking photos and have no eye for what makes a good photo, but even I was thinking that was just terribly framed and weirdly posed. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Since Jill and Derelict were also at the movie, I will assume Mrs. Dillard took the picture, which explains a lot. 😂

This all makes so much more sense! 🤣😂🤣

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

They always look like a bad prom photo taken by a pissed-off parent.

Probably because junior prom is the mental-maturity age at which JB and M are stuck. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

God should make sure Jill does not get around the buzzing bees with her fly swatter.

I don’t think bees near a fresh vegetable garden would be in any danger from Jill!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 4/15/2019 at 4:37 PM, ginger90 said:

Not sure who wrote it, putting it here:

680C7DB7-642B-46AC-96CB-5C7A66EF3807.jpeg

Jana runs the Duggar social media and it's her garden.

That's why I thought the last Duggar post was funny because it was probably Jana praising herself because no one else does.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

They are calling deviled eggs “yellow pocket angel eggs?” Oh, FFS! 🤣🤣🤣

09FE901E-9351-4F52-9FEF-CEED1F7408C8.jpeg

I worked with a religious gal who did catering on the side & she called deviled eggs "angel" eggs.  She had to explain they were basic deviled eggs when anyone questioned what they were.

Are they putting bacon on them?  I've put crumbled bacon on mine before but never a piece. To each his own. Just hope the preparers washed their hands & the eggs didn't end up with any loose hairs in them. Of course, Mechelle had to slide herself in the picture to look like she was helping. Who wears a jean jacket around the house or while cooking? Where's the green apron she usually wears? 

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Should that be Jesus has risen instead.

All of the churches I've ever attended always use "Jesus is" in all circumstances, sentences. Something to do with his eternal-ness (is that a word?)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

All of the churches I've ever attended always use "Jesus is" in all circumstances, sentences. Something to do with his eternal-ness (is that a word?)

That is what we were told in Catholic school. He is eternally risen. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Should that be Jesus has risen instead.

The King James Version says "He is risen." That's a now archaic form of the present perfect tense, in which some present-perfect verbs had forms of the verb "to be" in them instead of the verb "have."(Have you ever read a 19th century novel where some newly arrived person yells up the stairs, "I am come!" ... Same thing. Although that one may make us laugh more today.)

Anyway, we don't use that form of the present-perfect tense any more, of course. But a lot of churches used the KJV for so long -- and of course the Duggs and others still use it exclusively -- that its now archaic usage sort of sound "religious" to a lot of people, I think.

ANd maybe part of the appeal is that it sounds special --  we know what it means but it's not a plain everyday expression. "Jesus is risen" is a now unique way of saying this (even though it was just normal usage when the KJV was written!) Which actually kind of makes sense to describe this event that, if you believe in it, is one of a handful of the most special events that have ever happened. Language for a special thing that sets it apart and seems more formal and special. And that goes along with the idea that this event is old but also eternally new and present every time someone says it. 

Honestly, it's as close as people like the Duggars get to having an impulse toward poetry, I imagine.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Barb23 said:

An empty tomb - Good grief.Why can't they just dye eggs like the rest of the world? 

It's actually a typo-Meech meant to write "empty womb", which is what she writes Shining-style every night she's not pregnant. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Okay I zoomed in and now I’m sorry.

Shouldn’t that be “Oreo is risen”?

(Seriously, most people who start creating religious dioramas out of doughnuts and random snack goods would be carted off for a psych eval by concerned relatives.)

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Too Catholic and ultimately too Pagan.

Actually I googled empty tomb oreos and was directed to site called Catholic Icing. (This seemed too Pinteresty for them to have thought of on their own.)

I honestly don't care if they make little empty tombs out of oreos, doughtnuts, etc. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

(Seriously, most people who start creating religious dioramas out of doughnuts and random snack goods would be carted off for a psych eval by concerned relatives.)

Remember years ago when Will&Grace was raked over the coals for a "crucifixin's" food joke? These sad dioramas are just as bad. 

Now do Jonah and the whale out of barbecued tuna.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1