Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I was just going to say that! He does not want to be associated with this train wreck. 

Imagine your full, real name being Google-able in relation to the Duggars and their scandals. Not worth it.

14 hours ago, McManda said:

The fact that Michelle was sooooo in loooove with JB that she had to marry him before she turned 18 is just not something that would happen now, at least around me.

Kind of a Bye, Felicia Michelle situation from her parents, I reckon.

• Love 5
On 2/4/2019 at 8:25 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't know what the actual numbers are, but aren't there still a lot of people who don't lose their virginity in high school? I mean, I know that Mr Jyn and I were late bloomers (25 and 27) - not through religious reasons or being particularly unattractive or anything - it just didn't happen. I guess we were just both of the impression that while it wasn't something one had to put off until marriage, it also was more than entertainment. and neither of us had been in anything like a serious relationship before.

I'm not sure that getting laid (or not) in high school really has any major effect on how religious you end up, and certainly don't see where claiming not to have had a sexual relationship in your teens means that you are either lying, or some sort of hypocrite, that there must have been something wrong with you, or that hookers would have fixed it if there was no other choice... 

Just as an observation, a lot of people I went to HS with are VERY religious these days and I know what they were like then which was NOT religious.  Nothing even close to religious.  They have also gotten really conservative.  I am not sure why.  Maybe because it is a small town and they don't regularly interact with a wide variety of peeps?  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Just as an observation, a lot of people I went to HS with are VERY religious these days and I know what they were like then which was NOT religious.  Nothing even close to religious.  They have also gotten really conservative.  I am not sure why.  Maybe because it is a small town and they don't regularly interact with a wide variety of peeps?  

I also found the same thing. A number of my classmates who never were part of the "religious" crowd now are.  I wasn't super close to some of them, but they were  hardly walking around with Bibles in hand. Our town was rather small at the time. 

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I also found the same thing. A number of my classmates who never were part of the "religious" crowd now are.  I wasn't super close to some of them, but they were  hardly walking around with Bibles in hand. Our town was rather small at the time. 

Now that I think about it, a couple of the girls were cheerleaders! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 6
On 2/4/2019 at 12:55 PM, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, there are a lot of people who haven't been sexually active by the end of high school (although how people define that muddies the stats).

I did some research on this several years ago, and the general view is that, especially when you're talking about p in v intercourse,, the number of people who have done it was actually considerably higher in Jim Bob's day ... although even then it was far from everybody. And no-significant-sexual-activity-in-general has been a gradually increasing category of kid....

Here's what Wikipedia says currently -- "Sexual abstinence is the practice of refraining from some or all aspects of sexual activity for medical, psychological, legal, social, financial, philosophical, moral or religious reasons. For the last twenty years, abstinence rates among American adolescents have risen. The percentage of high school students in the US who reported that they have ever had sexual intercourse dropped from 54.1% in 1991 to 47.8% in 2007[1] and to 43% in 2011.[24]"     

I researched this extensively in about 2015 or thereabouts, and it appears that the drop-off, especially among kids under 16, is generally sustaining itself in the 21st century. 

People aren't exactly sure why, but the main thing sex researchers say is that during the 90s it apparently began to dawn on more kids that teen pregnancies weren't really desirable -- and if you messed around, somebody might get pregnant. Experts I talked to seemed to think that one big reason for this was the fact that more kids in general, and girls in particular, wanted to go to college and had hopes for the future that made having babies as a teen seem like a bad call.

If JB actually was among the I-haven't-had-sex! crowd, he would have been in a slight minority in his era. But if he were in those ebil no-praying gay-accepting yes-we-have-sex-ed high schools we have today, he'd be in a pretty significant majority as a no-sex guy. ... So much for all his beliefs about where morality comes from, too. 

Of course, I think he might just be pissed because until idiot Meeeechelle came along, no girl even wanted to have more than a 30-second conversation with his ugly, tacky, horny, ignorant, self-righteous mug. 

I don't know if it still has as much impact today, but when I was a teen in the late 90s, the fear of HIV/AIDS was a very real thing among teens, and while my schools were safer sex, not abstinence, the message I remember getting was sex = AIDS or, best case scenario teen pregnancy, so wear a condom! I'm not surprised more people my age took it one step further to abstinence. 

• Love 10
On 2/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, NotFundie said:

I'm in my sixties so things have changed quite a bit.  But, back then, teens dated and we started dating around 15.  There were lots of opportunities for things to go too far with two young people alone in a car.  (Not me.  I understood that my parents would disown me if I became pregnant.)  When my own kids were teens, I noticed that there were "group dates" more than couple dates.  I wonder if that, along with better birth control information, has helped the rate drop.

I also think teens in the 21st century have a more “open” view of what counts as sexual activity- skewing the numbers. Hetero teens may not be having penial- vaginal intercourse but they aren’t abstaining. Also as @McManda said teens have a lot more to do these days, they drive less, they are more scheduled and they have PHONES.

Of course people have done everything since the beginning of time, but to hear my Mom report during her 42yrs as an Ob/Gyn she wouldn’t have thought hetero-teens would be having oral and anal sex. In her generation oral sex was something you did with your SPOUSE not a precursor to intercourse as a teen. 

I can believe JB & Michelle we’re sexually inexperienced when they married, they were 17 (almost 18) and 19 yrs old!! That’s perfectly in the realm of secular “normal” just based on personal preference and opportunity. Plenty of people are sexually inexperienced when they graduate from high school, I do think finding people in that state when they graduate from college (or at age 22) is much rarer. (Although it does happen for non-religious reasons). 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I also think teens in the 21st century have a more “open” view of what counts as sexual activity- skewing the numbers. Hetero teens may not be having penial- vaginal intercourse but they aren’t abstaining. Also as @McManda said teens have a lot more to do these days, they drive less, they are more scheduled and they have PHONES.

Of course people have done everything since the beginning of time, but to hear my Mom report during her 42yrs as an Ob/Gyn she wouldn’t have thought hetero-teens would be having oral and anal sex. In her generation oral sex was something you did with your SPOUSE not a precursor to intercourse as a teen. 

Yes, teens today are pretty savvy about sexuality in that, unlike my generation, they are far more creative and inventive.  There are a lot of kids out there who consider themselves virgins but have been involved in relationships where mutual masturbation or even oral sex was a part of the equation.  Back when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, we really didn't think about variations, there was one act that defined sexual activity.

• Love 5

Considering their last two pregnancies with Jubilee and Josie,  which of the following do you think JB and Michelle did/do?

1. Quit having sex to avoid pregnancy? 

2. Began using contraceptives?

3. Started using natural family planning?

4. Kept on as usual and have been fortunate enough not to conceive for whatever reason?

I think it’s probably the last option. Sigh.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

4. Kept on as usual and have been fortunate enough not to conceive for whatever reason?

I think it’s probably the last option. Sigh.

Agree completely. There's no way Michelle would stop trying for that elusive Number Twenty. It's her Holy Grail. I'll bet she's still "joyfully available" every night and takes a pregnancy test every morning. It just hasn't happened because her reproductive system has finally been exhausted.

• Love 16
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, lulu69 said:

To clarify my original statement, there is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting to have sex until one is comfortable and ready, whatever age that may be. However, I doubt JB's celibacy was a conscious choice on his part.

I doubt it was too. He brags way too much about marrying a cheerleader and how many times he got her pregnant. He may have wanted to have sex but had no takers. Which is why he loves to brag to anyone and everyone that see he ended up married to a cheerleader! He needs to brag about that. He needs to brag about how many times he got her pregnant. 

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Puffin said:

You know I would have loved Tyler to have come from a family of atheists everytime they say the lord this or that he rolls his eyes lol 

Ha! That was my first thought too. 

My second, less cynical thought, was that at least they acknowledge and treat him like one of the kids. Impersonal heart for the lord and all. 

• Love 14

When I read about Tyler's "zeal for the Lord," I thought, "Well, I guess they finally got him saved." Does anyone know whether they were allowed to start proselytizing him once their custody arrangement became more permanent?

10 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I know Josh was never convicted, but how in hell were they given custody of that kid?  I know his victims were girls but still...  Add the cult like religion to the mix and it baffles me that anyone would think it would be the best environment for this boy.

10 hours ago, Nysha said:

I believe the niece or aunt placed Tyler with them and gave them uncontested guardianship. As long as nobody complained, the judge will sign off.

I wouldn’t leave a dog with these people never mind a child. 

• Love 13
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, Churchhoney said:

I have wondered why this boyfriend that high school Michelle had has never come forward and identified himself as the OTHER GUY WHO KISSED MICHELLE. Does anyone know who he is?

I'd be more interested in hearing from the next door neighbor whose marriage was destroyed when he glimpsed Michelle mowing the lawn in her bikini.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I'd be more interested in hearing from the next door neighbor whose marriage was destroyed when he glimpsed Michelle mowing the lawn in her bikini.

I think the whole thing was made up by these two idiots. No neighbor, no guy who kissed her. It sounds like something JB made up to peak interest in the show. 

How many times over the years have we heard these tidbits. JB is a famewhore, and Meechele gets a perverted pleasure out of being the bikini wearing, kissing cheerleader.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, bythelake said:

I think the whole thing was made up by these two idiots.

Oh, I agree. But I think the story about Michelle mowing the lawn in her bikini has a grain of truth. She probably did live next door to a middle-aged couple who got a divorce. Then, long afterwards, she probably decided that the divorce MUST have been caused by her flaunting her hot young body and that it would make a good story, adding a dash of spice to her image as the perfect Fundie wife and mother. To a narcissist like her, everything is always All About Michelle.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Oh, I agree. But I think the story about Michelle mowing the lawn in her bikini has a grain of truth. She probably did live next door to a middle-aged couple who got a divorce. Then, long afterwards, she probably decided that the divorce MUST have been caused by her flaunting her hot young body and that it would make a good story, adding a dash of spice to her image as the perfect Fundie wife and mother. To a narcissist like her, everything is always All About Michelle.

Sometime, somewhere, I know I DID see a picture of Michelle mowing the lawn.  It was a black and white photo and she did wear a bikini top and cut off jean shorts.  Not a bikini bottom at all!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

That's exactly what I think happens. Michelle of course assumes she was so hot that she caused a divorce just by a man looking at her. Of course you do Michelle. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That's exactly what I think happens. Michelle of course assumes she was so hot that she caused a divorce just by a man looking at her. Of course you do Michelle. 

You know, she may be on to something -- 

"Top five highest divorce rates in the U.S." [% of Arkansans who've married but are already divorced by age 30]

"1. Arkansas

"With over 600,000 acres of lakes and 2.5 million acres of national forests, Arkansas is well known for its rustic beauty and enduring pioneer culture.

"What's less enduring, apparently, is marriage within the state -- with divorce rates at nearly 20%, Arkansas sits firmly at the top of our list. Not a great outlook for those newly married the Natural State."

She's still got it!

https://www.zippia.com/research/divorce-by-30-by-state/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You know, she may be on to something -- 

"Top five highest divorce rates in the U.S. [# of people married and already divorced by age 30]

"1. Arkansas

"With over 600,000 acres of lakes and 2.5 million acres of national forests, Arkansas is well known for its rustic beauty and enduring pioneer culture.

"What's less enduring, apparently, is marriage within the state -- with divorce rates at nearly 20%, Arkansas sits firmly at the top of our list. Not a great outlook for those newly married the Natural State."

https://www.zippia.com/research/divorce-by-30-by-state/

But, but, but . . . Arkansas offers couples the covenant marriage option. Surely that is the cure for divorces, right? /snark

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

But, but, but . . . Arkansas offers couples the covenant marriage option. Surely that is the cure for divorces, right? /snark

Only using this as a starting talking point because I agree with this snark, but ... do people really believe a covenant marriage will prevent divorce? It still gives you an out for the big unforgivables like adultry and murder and abuse. But it also gives you an out for just being unhappy, provided you live separately for a two years. But if you're divorcing anyway, what difference does it make if it just takes longer? I suppose you wouldn't be able to legally may again asap, but so what? If you agree to a covenant marriage and then agree to divorce you've already thrown your strict ideal of marriage to the wind anyway, so what's stopping you from just pretending that marriage doesn't exist and living in sin with a new partner (or living alone)?

It just seems to me a marriage license is what you make of it and putting roadblocks up to make it harder to undo isn't worth anything. O just seems like a "doth protest too much" scenario. If you were never going to divorce in the first place you wouldn't need something like a covenant marriage to prove your marriage is stronger. It's just the opposite; you're shaming kids (because that's what they are emotionally, if not physically) into having to endure a loveless, unhappy life because they're to afraid of what their god might think of they dare buck the party line. 

• Love 14

February 14, 2019

To My Dearest Michelle,

You are the sweetest wife any guy could ever have. You are beautiful inside and out. Words cannot fully express how deeply I love you!

You are such a great mother & grandmother. You are so sensitive to others and have such a heart to encourage those around you and point them to Jesus. 

You are my best friend. We have been through a lot together with your parents and my dad passing away, Josie being born very premature, Jubilee being stillborn & counseling our kids through the teenage years.

God has been faithful to carry us through the hard times, to draw us close together and to provide for our growing family.

You are the greatest blessing in my life next to Jesus forgiving my sins and giving us eternal life.

Thank you for birthing all 19 of our kids and being such a virtuous wife and mother. Thank you for opening up our home to Tyler, he is a Joy!

Thank you for loving me in spite of the times I have wrong responses or wrong attitudes. You are a precious ruby. 

It is hard to believe this year we will celebrate 35 years of marriage, I am looking forward to the next 35 years with you!

I love you, Jim Bob

One of the pictures with the post:

8BFF38B7-CB06-4801-A25C-35FAD87AA2BC.jpeg

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Sounds like a homework assignment. “JimBob, it’s Valentine’s Day. Get your behind into your room, shut that door and don’t come back until you’ve written at least 500 words as to how amazing I am. Now, MOVE!!”

I actually thought it sounded kind of nice. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You are so sensitive to others and have such a heart to encourage those around you and point them to Jesus. 

Yea, Miss Sensitive to the child who got her head caught in the banister and the boy who fell in the orchestra pit. The only pointing she ever did was to point at the daughters to take care of the younger siblings.

• Love 19

"Counseling our kids through the teenage years?" I thought their beliefs included young people 'not having' teenage years' and issues associated with those years. They believe that you go from childhood right in to adulthood. I know I read that somewhere. Teenage activities are just not included in their rules. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

"Counseling our kids through the teenage years?" I thought their beliefs included young people 'not having' teenage years' and issues associated with those years. They believe that you go from childhood right in to adulthood. I know I read that somewhere. Teenage activities are just not included in their rules. 

I remember them saying that adolescence is a myth when addressing the IBLP faithful. I think the magic age for adulthood is 13 or so - Jim Bob claimed once most of his family was adults when they clearly, clearly weren't .  I do think the counseling reference is to how they handled the Josh situation. Still patting themselves on the back for that one.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I remember them saying that adolescence is a myth when addressing the IBLP faithful. I think the magic age for adulthood is 13 or so - Jim Bob claimed once most of his family was adults when they clearly, clearly weren't .  I do think the counseling reference is to how they handled the Josh situation. Still patting themselves on the back for that one.

And still aren't!

A lot of them seem to still live in some house JB (or his mother) set up and do JB's chores for a living...Heck, even one headship-sex spouse does JB's chores for a living. And some who wear pants when they're away from JB's house seem to wear dresses when they're at his big tin dump, it looks like.

Plus, more than one has gotten married to somebody JB directed him/her toward and on the exact schedule that JB ordered to accommodate his TeeVee show. 

If they were adults, some of them would make more choices that veer from JB's, I believe.

(I don't watch, but do I gather that JB and M are creeping back onto said show? Kinda sounds that way. .... And if so....crap.)

• Love 6

Again.....YOU LIVE IN THE SAME DAMN HOUSE!! My pet peeve is pontificating these feelings on Facebook for everyone else in the world to see. Jesus, if it's for that person then tell it just to that person. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

Again.....YOU LIVE IN THE SAME DAMN HOUSE!! My pet peeve is pontificating these feelings on Facebook for everyone else in the world to see. Jesus, if it's for that person then tell it just to that person. 

This is how being on TeeVee has destroyed these people. 

They're thrice-destroyed, to my mind.

Destroyed by Gothard cultism.

Destroyed by their upbringing and education, isolated in the hands of narcissistic egomaniacal asshole parents.

Destroyed by being blindly indoctrinated  into an unnatural and poisonous fate as virtually permanent residents of the Unreal Reality TeeVee Universe, where everything is done wrong way round. 

And they have no idea.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Who is Caleb and Tyler?

Caleb is the baby Michelle lost early in their marriage, the pregnancy came after Josh.  That's what got them started on the road of birth control makes God mad and he punished us in the form of a miscarriage.  For some reason they weren't doing all "J" names then and Michelle doesn't always acknowledge him - example after they lost Jubilee she was saying she has one baby in heaven but other times she'll say she has 20 children but two have died.

Tyler is Michelle's great-nephew, his Grandma is Michelle's sister Carolyn.  His Mother (Rachel) was an unmarried teen when she had him.  Rachel gave custody of Tyler to Carolyn who raised him for awhile but Carolyn had a stroke and couldn't take care of him anymore so JB&Chell became his legal guardians.  For awhile Rachel was still visiting him at the Duggar's house but she was supposed to be homeless and had other problems so there wasn't much chance she'd get custody.  I don't know if the visits are still happening but I do know guardianship has become adoption and Tyler is now legally a Duggar son.    EDITED TO CORRECT TYLERS STATUS, SEE ALSO NEXT SIX POSTS:  No proof that the Duggar's officially, legally adopted Tyler, they call him their "adopted" son but that seems to be just a phrase for we adopted him into our home and not a claim that they took any legal steps beyond guardianship.

And all this just proves we know way more about this family then we probably have a right to know but hey it was their choice to put all the details out there so.........

Edited by sigmaforce86
Correct Tylers adoption status
  • Love 5

"Thank you for birthing all 19 of our kids" squicks me right the heck out.  I know, being a birthing machine is what makes Michelle so appealing to the studly JB, but come on.  We all know where this passel of offspring came from, no need to shout it from a public love letter to your broodmare.  Gross.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16