Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Thanks.  I don't make fun of the young ones nor their neices and nephews. 

Her hair is just so thin compared to her older sisters.  

She wears her hair so tightly pulled back all the time

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Her hair is just so thin compared to her older sisters.  

Coming from a "hair-challenged" family, I see the same thing you do.  However,  Johanna has so much more hair than the women in our family.  My mother is getting seriously bald all over her head, and her sisters were nearly completely bald before they died.  I have slightly better hair than my mother, but it is very fine and lightweight.  It would be hard to have thin hair and be compared to your sisters who had more than they needed.  (I sometimes want to cry when I see women getting their hair cut at the salon.  The amount of hair that is swept up is often three times more than I have on my head!  It's just not fair.)

I feel that "the stone that was rolled away from the tomb" has to be involved here somewhere in the diorama, but they weren't obliging enough to post zoomed photos...

They also missed a fine chance to dye some shredded coconut into a bright grass green, it looks like.

Edited by queenanne
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

According to Zillow, it’s been on the market for 72 days. Does the house look familiar to anyone?

A9345C45-F045-4DDF-A782-97BEA50C17FF.jpeg

I noticed that the ad says as is. I wonder if the Duggars rehabed this house?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I noticed that the ad says as is. I wonder if the Duggars rehabed this house?

Maybe they did a bit of work if they used it to house any family members, or rented it. But it seems from the Realtor.com story that the real value of the property is commercial, not residential. It's located quite near the airport. It wouldn't make sense to sink much money into that house, IMO.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Josh selling his place, Boob selling a chunk of land, the girls shilling on Insta, Jana trying to grift a car. The house of cards is crumbling. 

Well, at the risk of revealing my true feelings about the Duggars -- Woohoo! 

I hope all the Duggarlings and their children eventually emerge okay. But I still believe that the sooner they have to grapple with the real world the better it'll be for them, ultimately. 

Maybe they'll finally figure out that their kids won't be able to work for Jim Bob all their lives -- because Jim Bob's going to be, first, elderly and, second, dead, and unable to provide employment.

So maybe they'll think about encouraging their kids to get some training and/or education, become accustomed to working with people outside the family, stop imagining they're celebrities and should get paid just for being self-righteous permanent vacationers....etc...?  Instead of actively discouraging those necessary mindset changes which is what JB and M, and, in fact, the whole damn family have done up to now? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 24

Okay, I hate to say this. But. I don't think that this property sale is a sign of desperation. it appears that JB bought that parcel of land for a lot less than he's asking, and has held it until market conditions are favorable for a profitable sale. Which this appears to be. He may not get full asking price, but I assume he'll pocket a nice profit if it sells.

I doubt that this was land that he intended to own forever and ever and use for a Duggar compound. IMO it's been inventory in his RE biz, and he's decided that it's time to move it. It's also possible that he might have thought about developing it himself but has opted to sell it and let someone else have that fun.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder what happened to the plans for a campground. Anyone?

I believe the city gave them the permit - against the wishes of some who felt JB was trying to buy the town. Radio silence since then. Perhaps Jana can redecorate trailers for a small fee.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I believe the city gave them the permit - against the wishes of some who felt JB was trying to buy the town. Radio silence since then. Perhaps Jana can redecorate trailers for a small fee.

my friend works in the permit office they got all the permits then nothing and as far as she knows the permits expired. So I do think they are hurting for money.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder what happened to the plans for a campground. Anyone?

1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

my friend works in the permit office they got all the permits then nothing and as far as she knows the permits expired. So I do think they are hurting for money.

That's interesting. They could be hurting for money, or JB's planned development involved working with another person/entity who then backed out of the deal, and JB wasn't willing or able to go forward without them.

I wonder if JB's listing that land near the airport for sale is as much related to cash flow as to the favorable market conditions and increased value of the property. It looks like he stands to make a nice profit on it, whether he ever intended to develop it himself or always intended to hold it in its status quo and sell it for a profit later. 

Now I wonder if JB's in some temporary cash flow crunch or it's worse than that. Buying and selling property is his business, and these things ebb and flow. 

I am amused and not unhappy to read that the locals aren't in love with the idea of Boob buying up the town, so to speak. Heh.

• Love 11

The idea of Jim Bob owning a town makes me think of Pottersville but somehow even worse because you wouldn't be allowed drink away the pain and humiliation of being a resident of Duggarville. 

Where was this campground supposed to be and which town was it where people were concerned about a Duggar takeover?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, at the risk of revealing my true feelings about the Duggars -- Woohoo! 

I hope all the Duggarlings and their children eventually emerge okay. But I still believe that the sooner they have to grapple with the real world the better it'll be for them, ultimately. 

Maybe they'll finally figure out that their kids won't be able to work for Jim Bob all their lives -- because Jim Bob's going to be, first, elderly and, second, dead, and unable to provide employment.

So maybe they'll think about encouraging their kids to get some training and/or education, become accustomed to working with people outside the family, stop imagining they're celebrities and should get paid just for being self-righteous permanent vacationers....etc...?  Instead of actively discouraging those necessary mindset changes which is what JB and M, and, in fact, the whole damn family have done up to now? 

You have higher hopes than I do for JB & M. Even if they run low on income I don't believe JB & M will encourage the kids to do anything different. I believe they'll expect the kids and kidults to hustle within the Fundy guidelines and Fundy community. Because I don't believe JB & M recognize the way they've raised their kids has handicapped them, I'm not even sure they'll feel any type of way watching their kids struggle.

That's not to say the kids won't change things up on their own to increase their income, hopefully doing more than shilling cheap clothing and diet drinks.

I'm guessing we'll see it all play out on social media if not TV. It'll be interesting to watch and see. It'll be really interesting to see if any of the kids leave their Fundy ways behind in order to make ends meet.

• Love 10
(edited)

Some idle financial speculation:

1. Maybe Jim bob is planning another political run, and is consolidating money to make i happen. 2020 could be his year. Just look at the state of politics and tell me it couldn't happen.

2. TLC has told them the show is going to revert to specials. Has it been renewed yet, anyway? I thought it always was renewed soon after seasons families. Alternately, Jinger is getting a show, and Counting On is dead, with everyone becoming bit players but her.

3. Jill just bought a new set house and will reappear on the show. She never got a final episode and the leghumpers will never notice she was gone. Josh may be buying a new set house, too, or living in the pool house. He could be returning too. It'd certainly prop up slightly declining ratings.

4. Someone in the family has been diagnosed with something that will require expensive treatment, or a chronic condition that'll drain the bucks. Money is going to that. Certainly possible, and definitely the kind of thing you keep secret.

5. They've been blowing their money in true lottery winner fashion, and Jim Bob Enterprises isn't the profit maker we've been led to believe. This is the most probable outcome.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 14

I sincerely hope it's the realization by Big Boob that he will soon be supporting over 100 grandchild  & children along with maintaining 2 airplanes, dozens of vehicles and multiple houses. I hope he lays awake at night sweating bullets at the thought.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I sincerely hope it's the realization by Big Boob that he will soon be supporting over 100 grandchild  & children along with maintaining 2 airplanes, dozens of vehicles and multiple houses. I hope he lays awake at night sweating bullets at the thought.

Senior Jamie Roberto y Senora Micaela hanging out in El Salvador, on the beach, making out, while Arkansas burns, most likely. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/1/2019 at 4:54 AM, GeeGolly said:

You have higher hopes than I do for JB & M.

Nope, I was just unclear. I have the same hopes that you do. I was talking about the Duggarlings and their kids -- the "grandbabies." 

I have absolutely no expectations that JB and M will change in any positive ways, ever. And certainly not in this way.

To me the most threatening thing currently is that, for the most part, Duggarlings seem to be raising their own kids in pretty similar ways to their own upbringing. Pretty isolated from other kids, apparently mostly headed for homeschooling by know-nothing teachers, and sometimes in homes where parental jobs are entirely dependent on Daddy JB, and so on. 

I'm just hoping for an economic shock that moves them off this trajectory. Because I don't think anything else is likely to do it -- at least for all of them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Zella said:

The idea of Jim Bob owning a town makes me think of Pottersville but somehow even worse because you wouldn't be allowed drink away the pain and humiliation of being a resident of Duggarville. 

Where was this campground supposed to be and which town was it where people were concerned about a Duggar takeover?

Actually it was an RV park in Fayetteville. We discussed it upthread somewhere around here. I think we even knew the location of the land. It was by no means next door to the TTH, so no, they weren't going to advertise it as "park here and get a chance to glimpse MOTY Michelle, Biz Whiz Jim Bob, and some of their many blessings!"

ETA: I'm no expert, but from work and life experience I have learned that real estate development is an enterprise of many moving parts. A lone wolf like Austin may tackle house flipping, or even house building, one property at a time, and be fine. But it's hard to be a lone wolf if you want to take an undeveloped parcel of land all the way from vacant to inhabited - whether by homes or businesses. You need to work with a lot of people at all stages, from initial land use permission through getting infrastructure (roads, power, utilities) in place, construction permits, construction itself, inspections, certificates of occupancy, and so on. 

I wonder if JB has the skills - business skills and people skills - to really put together and complete something like developing and running an RV park. It's hard to really "lone wolf" something like that. You can't do it all yourself, you can't send your young daughters out in flip flops to do the work, and you actually have to work - on a sustained basis - with people who have the required skills. From lawyers to architects and engineers, to construction trades. You can be the big cheese who hires and manages everyone, but you still have to do that. At the end of the day, they aren't going to care how many loinfruit you have put on the Earth. They need to do their job and get paid for it. They don't need to work for a blathering idiot who doesn't know one-tenth of what they do but thinks he is literally God's gift to everything and wants to talk about banning abortion all the time.

AFAIK JB knows damn all about operating an RV park. He's been in the real estate and used car biz all his life, and that's different from running a 24/7/365 hosting operation for paying guests. So I assume he planned (plans?) to hire the necessary people for the hands on daily management once the park opens. Maybe he had an idea that one of the kids could handle it, like Josh's car lot. 

Honestly, the idea of one of the extra-special Duggarlings being expected to keep regular hours, and actually respond to and *serve* the paying customers? Is kind of funny. Those people can post on social media all day long about their "servant's hearts" but I doubt that means they would be any good at giving customer service to a Winnebago full of Catholics from Wisconsin or Lutherans from Des Moines. Or Wiccans from Colorado (had to add that, recognize my homies 😉).

Sorry, got carried away.

tl;dr - Does JB have the people skills for complex business projects? I don't know but I doubt it.

Edited by Jeeves
I had another thought, and it had another thought, and it had 19 kids . . .
  • LOL 4
  • Love 20
58 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Does JB have the people skills for complex business projects? I don't know but I doubt it.

Don't forget he ran the Convenience Store for awhile - which seems to have folded when he and Michelle were young.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Some idle financial speculation:

1. Maybe Jim bob is planning another political run, and is consolidating money to make i happen. 2020 could be his year. Just look at the state of politics and tell me it couldn't happen.

2. TLC has told them the show is going to revert to specials. Has it been renewed yet, anyway? I thought it always was renewed soon after seasons families. Alternately, Jinger is getting a show, and Counting On is dead, with everyone becoming bit players but her.

3. Jill just bought a new set house and will reappear on the show. She never got a final episode and the leghumpers will never notice she was gone. Josh may be buying a new set house, too, or living in the pool house. He could be returning too. It'd certainly prop up slightly declining ratings.

4. Someone in the family has been diagnosed with something that will require expensive treatment, or a chronic condition that'll drain the bucks. Money is going to that. Certainly possible, and definitely the kind of thing you keep secret.

5. They've been blowing their money in true lottery winner fashion, and Jim Bob Enterprises isn't the profit maker we've been led to believe. This is the most probable outcome.

JB running for some type of office. UGH!!! He has nothing to offer voters.

Jinger getting her own show? She has nothing to offer either.

Jill and Smugs back on the show. Double UGH!!! UGH!!!

The only one JB would spend money on for a serious illness would be Michelle in my opinion. Plus the fact, he would play it up for sympathy and donations if a family member was seriously ill.

I think JB is full of hot air and is probably blowing money like there is no tomorrow.

Even if JB has the skilz to develop and operate an RV park, I doubt any of his kids have the skilz or work ethic to manage it, with the possible exception of JD.

IIRC Crown Prince Josh was spectacularly lazy when he was given a used car lot to manage, before he got to go work in Washington. We haven't seen the howlers do much except form that bald boy band and hang out with JB as he deals in used cars, have we?

I mean, they are all lining up and doing their duty to Jim Bob and Jesus by getting married and impregnating their wives. There may be some sacrifice involved, depending on the couple in question, but it's hardly a full-time job.

• Love 7

I would love to see a group of lesbians or gays show up wanting to park their RV in their park. And yes, it is a 24/7/365 business, and you would need to know what you are doing in order to run it smoothly. That certainly leaves the Duggar clan out.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Actually it was an RV park in Fayetteville. We discussed it upthread somewhere around here. I think we even knew the location of the land. It was by no means next door to the TTH, so no, they weren't going to advertise it as "park here and get a chance to glimpse MOTY Michelle, Biz Whiz Jim Bob, and some of their many blessings!"

ETA: I'm no expert, but from work and life experience I have learned that real estate development is an enterprise of many moving parts. A lone wolf like Austin may tackle house flipping, or even house building, one property at a time, and be fine. But it's hard to be a lone wolf if you want to take an undeveloped parcel of land all the way from vacant to inhabited - whether by homes or businesses. You need to work with a lot of people at all stages, from initial land use permission through getting infrastructure (roads, power, utilities) in place, construction permits, construction itself, inspections, certificates of occupancy, and so on. 

I wonder if JB has the skills - business skills and people skills - to really put together and complete something like developing and running an RV park. It's hard to really "lone wolf" something like that. You can't do it all yourself, you can't send your young daughters out in flip flops to do the work, and you actually have to work - on a sustained basis - with people who have the required skills. From lawyers to architects and engineers, to construction trades. You can be the big cheese who hires and manages everyone, but you still have to do that. At the end of the day, they aren't going to care how many loinfruit you have put on the Earth. They need to do their job and get paid for it. They don't need to work for a blathering idiot who doesn't know one-tenth of what they do but thinks he is literally God's gift to everything and wants to talk about banning abortion all the time.

AFAIK JB knows damn all about operating an RV park. He's been in the real estate and used car biz all his life, and that's different from running a 24/7/365 hosting operation for paying guests. So I assume he planned (plans?) to hire the necessary people for the hands on daily management once the park opens. Maybe he had an idea that one of the kids could handle it, like Josh's car lot. 

Honestly, the idea of one of the extra-special Duggarlings being expected to keep regular hours, and actually respond to and *serve* the paying customers? Is kind of funny. Those people can post on social media all day long about their "servant's hearts" but I doubt that means they would be any good at giving customer service to a Winnebago full of Catholics from Wisconsin or Lutherans from Des Moines. Or Wiccans from Colorado (had to add that, recognize my homies 😉).

Sorry, got carried away.

tl;dr - Does JB have the people skills for complex business projects? I don't know but I doubt it.

A fayetteville location also just seems like a bad business decision on their end. As I've said before, fayetteville is not a town that is very Duggar friendly in atmosphere or attitude. So, their names being attached to the project would definitely not go over well. I actually lived in fayetteville when Michelle was doing her robocalls and well remember people seething about it.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10

Sometimes when buying commercial property you have to show intent before the city/town will allow the sale to go through, even if the city/town doesn't own the land. They don't want folks coming in and buying land to try and build a strip club or low income housing, etc and they also don't want to be tied up in zoning/rezoning cases and appeals. JB made have said he intended to build a trailing park or RV park in order to purchase the land with no intent of actually doing it. Buying land is nearly risk free if you have the cash to purchase it and the time to wait. Land almost always increases in value over time.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Sometimes when buying commercial property you have to show intent before the city/town will allow the sale to go through, even if the city/town doesn't own the land. 

Where would that be possible?

I've lived a long life in states just to the West of Arkansas, and worked for state and local government. I've never heard of a state, city, town, or county being able to control a sale of land between private entities. Regardless of how it was zoned - commercial, residential, industrial, or agricultural. The zoning and other land use regulations that apply to the property will still apply no matter who owns it.

This region - the Midwest and West - is pretty strong on private property rights. Unless there is some special involvement of a government entity with a piece of property, I would be very surprised if the local government had any right to block, or need to consent to, a sale of that property. I think that even privately owned properties in officially designated special historical districts can be bought and sold without local government involvement. As noted, any special regulations concerning the property will continue to apply regardless of who owns it. 

So IMO, even if JB isn't the toast of Fayetteville (an idea that delights me), the town can't stop him from buying property there just because they don't like the idea of what he might do with the land.

• Love 10
On 4/30/2019 at 3:02 PM, Jeeves said:

That's interesting. They could be hurting for money, or JB's planned development involved working with another person/entity who then backed out of the deal, and JB wasn't willing or able to go forward without them.

I wonder if JB's listing that land near the airport for sale is as much related to cash flow as to the favorable market conditions and increased value of the property. It looks like he stands to make a nice profit on it, whether he ever intended to develop it himself or always intended to hold it in its status quo and sell it for a profit later. 

Now I wonder if JB's in some temporary cash flow crunch or it's worse than that. Buying and selling property is his business, and these things ebb and flow. 

I am amused and not unhappy to read that the locals aren't in love with the idea of Boob buying up the town, so to speak. Heh.

As far as she knows only Blob had the papers in his name not the family fraud shell company. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Now if JB wanted to build a strip club I would find the money to go see it.

Just wondering what that would look like.  Would they strip from prairie dresses with peter pan collars to long underwear or bloomers?  Or would he find girls who resemble MEschelle and have them start in cheerleader costumes and/or bikinis while pushing plastic lawnmowers down the stage?? 

Ok, now I've even made myself sick!!

• LOL 12
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

Just wondering what that would look like.  Would they strip from prairie dresses with peter pan collars to long underwear or bloomers?  Or would he find girls who resemble MEschelle and have them start in cheerleader costumes and/or bikinis while pushing plastic lawnmowers down the stage?? 

Their knees would be blacked out...

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Normades said:

6 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Their knees would be blacked out...

These posts brought to mind Weird Al's "Amish Paradise" video. I wanted to pull an image from the video, so I just Googled "amish paradise centerfold," but the search results looked a little, um, questionable.  And yeah, I am at work right now! I probably just got flagged by the IT department. Thanks a lot, guys! 😣😂

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Portia said:

These posts brought to mind Weird Al's "Amish Paradise" video. I wanted to pull an image from the video, so I just Googled "amish paradise centerfold," but the search results looked a little, um, questionable.  And yeah, I am at work right now! I probably just got flagged by the IT department. Thanks a lot, guys! 😣😂

Here you go!

We're gonna party like it's 1699! 😂

"Amish Paradise" is my favorite Weird Al song, and I quote it all the time! 🙂

Amish Paradise centerfold.png

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Here's the what if question of the day: If a super rich person offered Boob and Mechelle and their whole family 10+ million dollars with the only catch being they all would have to stay off tv would they go for it or would their egos get in the way?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Here's the what if question of the day: If a super rich person offered Boob and Mechelle and their whole family 10+ million dollars with the only catch being they all would have to stay off tv would they go for it or would their egos get in the way?

Go for it and then feed their egos via youtube posts. They're get at following the letter of the law. The spirit of the law, not so much.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Go for it and then feed their egos via youtube posts. They're get at following the letter of the law. The spirit of the law, not so much.

Well put

• Love 4
On 4/30/2019 at 11:13 AM, BitterApple said:

Josh selling his place, Boob selling a chunk of land, the girls shilling on Insta, Jana trying to grift a car. The house of cards is crumbling. 

Maybe TLC has given them the heads up that the show’s days are numbered?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Yes I pray it’s true. I want to see them be under qualified to work at Burger King. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I don't think the show will be cancelled. Their ratings are still decent and the show doesn't cost that much to produce, especially now that TLC doesn't spring for elaborate overseas trips the way it used to. But something has triggered this recent outburst of moneymaking schemes within the Duggar family. My guess is that they've been told that TLC will change "Counting On" from a weekly series to occasional specials (maybe four per year) or it will force a pay cut on Jim Bob and the rest of the family.

• Love 9
(edited)

Are we sure this isn't the church/school that Jana was talking about? Because why do you need 9 bathrooms and 4 kitchens in a 4-bedroom house? Sounds more like the number of bathrooms and kitchens you'd want in something used as a public space of some kind....On the other hand, it only has 3 garage spaces. 

And man, that is one ugly-ass house, if you ask me. It's gonna require somebody kind of paranoid (to want that fortress around the bottom, not to mention the gun room), but still not paranoid (to be able to countenance all those huge windows on the main floor -- unless somebody installed bullet-proof glass in them at some point.). Or somebody who wants it as some kind of public space. 

That is one odd property. 

Doesn't look so odd on the inside, if you like to live in a giant, white barn full of bathrooms. But it's sure got zero curb appeal. 

What the heck is a "gentleman's closet"?  

https://search.aprilhammhomes.com/listing/1111634?startrow=1&maxrows=15&sort=price_desc&redraw_map_bounds=false

One of a kind property nestled on 2.73 parklike acres in Springdale just off Wagon Wheel. Property was originally constructed in 1969 by Arlo Levick and was modeled after Frank LLoyd Wrights "A Round House". Original Vermont slate tile flooring, 3500 sqft heated and cooled garage, walnut tongue and groove ceilings, black walnut gentlemans closet, original walnut doors, four kitchens that have been completely remodeled (new granite countertops/back splash, updated electrical, new cabinetry, new plumbing fixtures, new light fixures, custom LED lighting and new appliances), new carpet in bedrooms upstairs, functioning elevator (original), updated master bath with new bath tub, stand alone shower and new granite counter tops, new mounted toilet and new paint. Completely rewired, two new ac units, one foot of copper guttering around entire home, all bathrooms updated, new lighting throughout. Hand made spiral staircase and so much more.

And to me it really doesn't look like the Frank Lloyd Wright house, which relates to the landscape. I mean, they both have a round element. But not in the same way... and aside from that ... Well, they're both open-plan....

https://www.google.com/search?q="a+round+house"+wright&tbm=isch&source=hp&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwihh7HIrY_iAhVpRN8KHf2tAB0Q7Al6BAgJEA0&cshid=1557436104663984&biw=1366&bih=625

Been looking at some local houses sold at comparable prices. I think they'll have a helluva time getting 1.8 mill for that. Too weird, too old, way too close to the road and neighbors, too crappily landscaped, and no apparent lakes or country clubs or the like in the immediate vicinity. And who wants a house with 3 parking spaces and 4 bedrooms -- but FOUR kitchens and NINE bathrooms? Huh?

And when you have a house that big -- 10, 186 sq ft -- you have to, you know, furnish the damn thing. So....you'd probably be buying a lot of new furniture if you don't really love that "totally living in a barn" feeling. There was a reason it sold so cheap before they got hold of it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
(edited)

My inner home improvement calculator is guessing they have about $500k in that remodel. (People, FFS stop writing about it like they did any of the actual work, okay?)

If they can find a buyer, they would clear about a million. But are there really a ton of people with that kind of money there? And, Duggars? You’re going to pay capital gains taxes on that...right?

ETA: Oh dear, I just now realized that when I italicized “People” to indicate the magazine instead it might have read as if I was being snotty to my lovely fellow snarkers on this forum. Yikes! 

Mea culpa.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 7