Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/02/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I feel so badly for Rosie. What an awful time for her.

And WG has not made it any easier for her. 

The only thing for me to stay the rest of the season, perhaps, is bringing Joy back. Then we'll see about next year.

I can't stand all the guest co-hosts....never really did.

But, if true, I hope Rosie will find peace through this very difficult time. Sigh - now the vultures will start circulating. I can't imagine how painful that must be for her.

• Love 11

This makes sense.  When they first were together, she talked about Michelle constantly.   I can't remember her mentioning her in recent times at all.  She talks mostly about the kids.   Very sad to hear this, I am not sure I will continue to watch without her, the others just don't do it for me.   WHoever they replace her with would have to be major.

• Love 7

I think Rosie O leaving pretty much will cause the show to be canceled and they will just end up paying out Whoopi's contract.  

I think the fact that I hate when Rosie O does stuff like this, and her reasons are somewhat valid I grant her that, but like previously it lets the bully win...first Bitsy, and now Whoopi.

I'll watch next week, but if they address Rosie O only on Monday, and I would hope she would show up or tape something to explain to her fans, but after that i'm done.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 8

Rosie is very lucky she can just walk away whenever things get tough. I understand she's going thru a lot but she's developing a bit of a pattern. But, she must have plenty of money, so she can do that. Was her wife a stay at home mother?

Rosie is very lucky she can just walk away whenever things get tough. I understand she's going thru a lot but she's developing a bit of a pattern. But, she must have plenty of money, so she can do that. Was her wife a stay at home mother?

I read her "Ask Rosie" Blog & a couple of months ago she said that her wife had taken a spill off her horse & "broke" her tailbone.  This takes a long time to heal & is very painful.  Just sayin'.

Here's the link:

http://rosie.com/my-sad-saturday/

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2

I think Rosie O leaving pretty much will cause the show to be canceled and they will just end up paying out Whoopi's contract.  

I think the fact that I hate when Rosie O does stuff like this, and her reasons are somewhat valid I grant her that, but like previously it lets the bully win...first Bitsy, and now Whoopi.

I hate it too CMH because it does feel like the bully wins.  Plus, I was out free and clear with Babs leaving and TWoP closing but the news of RO coming back and this place populated with so many familar posters, I let myself get dragged back and now I feel like she's deserting me, lol.    But I think RO is probably more evolved than I am because she has decided to put her own health and family ahead of some ridiculous talk-show co-host, which is a good thing. 

I can't imagine this show lasting past this season now but what do I know? 

• Love 12

Rosie was the show for me.  If u need me, I'll be be on 48 Hours boards making fun of the hosts.  Peace and love, Rosie.  i've always got u.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 11

I was watching Ro with Martha on the crafty segment and just thought, wow, she is so good at this, being a host.  I think she made a big mistake coming back to the View, but then how did she know Whoopi would awake from her years long coma and come out as a complete bitch (I want to use worse language but I won't).

The ratings have apparently sucked and The Talk is ahead (oh my!) of the View now in ratings.  So I think the show would have been cancelled anyways.  Ro may be getting out at the best time, because when they cancel, it won't be because of her.

• Love 11

I think the panel (except RO) is afraid of WG. ABC awakened a monster this season with WG. Especially with the threat of  RO at the table. 

I'll always be thankful that RO came back, was kindly to BW in a sincere way, and added so much creativity to the show. Albeit with lots of hurtles to overcome.

I refuse to watch the WG View.

What is really going to bug me is when WG is kind to RO next week most likely.

I still think the only way to save the show for this season is to bring back Joy......only if JB is willing to do so. Personally I wouldn't want to work with WG.

• Love 9

Wait! Didn't Rosie just get married for the second time? It seems like she's only interested in someone providing babies for her. She seems to like being a mother & raising them. Nothing wrong with it but maybe she should stop marrying the hot chicks. LOL!! As for , The View itself, it isn't a shocker that she is leaving but I thought she would do a full year. I think had she been moderator she would stay but she knew (at least, I think she did) going in that was Whoppi (who does a horrible job) gig. So, will this be the final nail in the coffin? I guess we know Whoppi isn't going anywhere. They should have left Sherri where she was and got rid of a Jenny like they did. I Think a Nicole does a good job and Rosie P is awful and can't speak or read a TelePrompTer.

• Love 1

End of a new era.  Will record all next week and fully say goodbye unless someone I adore decides to risk their sanity to show up on this. 

I am beginning to wonder IF the View ends this season, will they shift the Chew to that time slot and attempt another go at Good Afternoon America?  

• Love 3

I will mention a blind at CDAN--I can't remember exactly when but in the past couple of months I think--and the guesses were all Rosie O--about a co-host of a talk show who was unhappy because she wanted to return to TV with her own show, but the network liked her a lot, but wanted her on a show with others.   Bye View....hello ABC's Rosie O show would be nice.

• Love 3

I just read this and came over to post. I understand that Rosie needs to "think of her family first" but I think she'll have a hard time getting another TV hosting job. This is just too sudden - one week's notice, looks like she's ducking out. 

My boss at work (I'm only a volunteer but she treats me as badly as she does the paid staff) just gave her two weeks notice today that she's leaving. We know she's been mostly checked out recently and frankly none of us are boo-hooing about it. I'd have thought that she'd be more gracious and give the organization much more notice to try to find a replacement. We're a preschool for vulnerable children and their families so it's not like just walking away from a 9 - 5 job. 

But why is Rosie jumping at this point, if her wife left her several months ago? She should have made the announcement on the show, not on a Friday night when speculation is going to run rampant all weekend, and given her audience more notice. 

Sometimes I find the best interactions are between Whoopi and Rosie, when they start to tangle, it's a little scary but real. I can't imagine who else they would place on the panel that would get me to tune in past Rosie's departure. 

OK, Hugh Jackman would do it for me. 

• Love 3

But why is Rosie jumping at this point, if her wife left her several months ago? She should have made the announcement on the show, not on a Friday night when speculation is going to run rampant all weekend, and given her audience more notice. 

I'm not sure she did announce it.  Someone called Page Six with the story and they confirmed the break-up with her rep and leaving the show with ABC then printed it. Now, the person that called Page Six might have done so at RO's direction but that doesn't seem her style.   This does seem like ABC's style though - they did a similar move when Babs was on vacation last year.  Either way, I would have preferred to have heard about it from her too. 

I'm thankful for the board though - this is where I found out RO was coming back and now where I learned she was leaving - and where we could all share our thoughts about it, then and now.  You guys are great. 

ETA:  Maybe not so similar to the unconfirmed retirement rumors released about Babs, since this is part of the statement ABC released:

Rosie is an immensely talented star who comes in each and every morning brimming with ideas, excitement and passion for the show. When she told us she wanted to exit ‘The View,’ we respected and understood her desire to put her well-being and her family first. We’re delighted she’s still part of the ABC family with upcoming guest appearances on ‘The Fosters,’ and we know she’ll return to ‘The View’ often with her unique point of view and updates on her work and her family.”

Came in every morning brimming with ideas... delighted she still part of the ABC family, etc.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

She should have made the announcement on the show, not on a Friday night when speculation is going to run rampant all weekend, and given her audience more notice. 

Friday night is usually the time celebrities release bad news.  The week's news cycle has ended and by Monday, something else has usually popped up (a marriage, a baby's birth, etc.) to distract everyone's attention.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 5

I think Rosie just put a nail in her career.  What show is ever going to trust her again?  She walks out when things get difficult. I like her personally but she just isn't a stable  person.  I don't think Joy Behar would come back as a regular on the show but she would be the best person for the job.  Furthermore, Cristela has the worst laugh in the world and if she is hired as a cohost, I would leave!  

• Love 4

Darn! I was hoping the homeless troll that sits at the table was going to leave.

LOL!  Seriously, the Whoopi who appears during the opening credits looks cool and fresh and fun.  The Whoopi at that table today with her terrible posture and horrible outfit did look like a homeless troll.  

• Love 5

RO is the only really professional talk show person on this panel.

Don't get me wrong, I like RP and can handle NW - altho' she is getting VERY obnoxious as she interrupts guests in the midst of answering her previous question, and her voice? oy vey - but they are not pros at this job and it is apparently much tougher than it looks.

Whoopi is the downer as we all have mentioned many times.

I am truly sorry for RO's troubles...she does seem to have a tough time finding people who love her for her and can handle what that means.

I am done and done.  Even with RO I have found the show a drag this year.  I have enjoyed RP and NW but somehow the topics are never that interesting or they are hijacked by WG....yawn and yawn.

Ro remained the main voice of reason and letting everyone have a say and that is at an end with this next week.

I don't have cable, but with all the sub channels, I have plenty of fun alternatives available to me - The View is not fun now and will be less so when Ro is gone.

I will always be here to read the comments, but will not be able to stomach watching whatever comes next - I fear it will be WG in victory mode.

That said - the view will be cancelled I believe.

• Love 9

I feel the cancellation coming on as well.  Looks as if the rumor may be true and the expansion of GMA will do away with The Spew altogether. That certainly sounds preferable to keeping the show with Whoopi still in the driver's seat.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 7

I think Rosie just used the separation as a way out. Her first wife is the other parent of the older kids, and, I believe, lives very close to Rosie. How many hours does Rosie work in her 4 day week? Was her most current wife always with the baby? Just doesn't really add up. I have sympathy for everything she's going thru but I don't think future employers should invest very heavily in her because she has a history of just walking away when she doesn't like how things are going.

• Love 5

think Rosie just used the separation as a way out. Her first wife is the other parent of the older kids, and, I believe, lives very close to Rosie. How many hours does Rosie work in her 4 day week? Was her most current wife always with the baby? Just doesn't really add up.

I think you're right. Parker is away at college, the other kids are in school, and she has a live in nanny that can take care of the baby for the time Ro is at work.

It could be the Ro doesn't feel like getting up and going to The View. She doesn't need the money but it could be good for her to get up have a job to go to, if it wasn't for Whoopi. Sad.

She said once she didn't want to get paid to argue with Bitsy.

• Love 4

I don't think Rosie O's career will be affected by leaving The View. I'm sure she'd like to have another solo show, but she seems to have enough money that it isn't critical. I don't blame her leaving, whether it's because of Whoopi or for family/personal health. To be honest, it's probably both. Going to a workplace that makes you feel angry and argumentative every day does affect your health and personal relationships if you can't find ways to deal with it. I guess crafting and the other things she was using to do that weren't helping.

All I'm thinking right now is screw Whoopi. I can just imagine she, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Sherri Shepherd, and all the foaming-mouthed conservative media out there are cheering. As far as I know, Friday's show is filmed Wednesday? That means Thursday was the last show Rosie O worked on, and we all know Whoopi had finally resorted to personal insults with, I'm assuming, no repercussions and Rosie O had finally had enough. It reminds me of the fight between Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine on The Voice a few years ago: I don't understand how one worker can personally insult and antagonize their co-worker without being written up, fired, or causing a lawsuit. That's what would happen at a normal workplace, so I'm not sure what's happening here. And it's so obvious Whoopi has been the cause of all the tabloid gossip this season, considering everyone on the right side of the table has been talked about and talked about, while Whoopi and Nicolle have been left unscathed. At this point, only casting someone who isn't ignorant and who won't be intimidated by Whoopi, or bringing Joy back, would keep me from jumping ship. I have no interest in seeing Whoopi and Nicolle "win."

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 8

So sad to hear this. I think Rosie just wasn't enjoying work anymore and that, coupled with wanting to make sure family life was ok at home, made her realize it was impacting her physical and emotional health in a way that was bad...and maybe getting worse.

So, so sorry she is leaving. She brought much to the table.

I have always enjoyed her on TV, think she is great at I terviewing people, and hope he gets a chance to do something again in the future - maybe specials, or regular contributions to an expanded ABC daily news show.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 5

At least Rosie didn't have any split screen fireworks prior to resigning.  The rightwing is going to skewer her regardless and have been ever since Tom Selleck days.  On a positive note, she still has documentaries, and The Fosters, perhaps that is where she should focus her talents from now on and forget live television.

I hope The View is canceled as I don't like the unholy alliance of Whoop and Nicolle.  I have the feeling that Nicolle is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and as soon as another campaign starts she and Whoop will become another arm of Morning Joe.

• Love 5

I hope The View is canceled as I don't like the unholy alliance of Whoop and Nicolle.  I have the feeling that Nicolle is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and as soon as another campaign starts she and Whoop will become another arm of Morning Joe.

Actually, Joy has co-hosted the last half hour of Morning Joe twice since the start of the new year.

I'm sad that Rosie is leaving and the nasty toad is staying.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 7

I bet Sheri, Jenny and Elizabeth are loving every minute of this shit show called the View.  Whoopi is the real problem, although don't think Rosie P was a good fit.  I think the family issue is just an excuse for Rosie O to abandon the sinking ship.  I also think the View will be cancelled.  

• Love 6

Interesting . . . I got onto Rosie's site about 2 hours ago to see if she had posted anything (which she had not) -- tried twice just now and can't get into it -- receive a database error. I wonder if the site has just been inundated w/posts & can't handle it or if something else is going on  . . .

• Love 3

I can't get on Rosie's site now either, but I checked it out a little while ago and she had posted a new blog - think it was Joni Mitchell lyrics.  Also there were 2 or 3 new Q&A's from today. I think one asked if she was leaving because of the Brian Williams controversy.  Can't remember what the others were.

• Love 2

I haven't been able to get on either.  I went on this morning and left her a message of support.  I would imagine a lot of people are doing that and her site is down.  Someone asked her why she is leaving us.  She answered that she is not leaving us, just the show.

• Love 1

The Brian Williams Question is mentioned if you do a google search for Ask Ro

Jeffrey writes: February 7, 2015 10:05 am Sad to hear you're leaving, did this have anything to do with Brian Williams? You were the best part of The View.

I hope she is reading our words of support- Last night I sent her MaggieMae's post (about Rosie's contributions to the show) via Ask Ro

I'll always be thankful that RO came back, was kindly to BW in a sincere way, and added so much creativity to the show.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 4