Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/02/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I also think RP will be fazed out.

And WG  was talked to. Perhaps there is a clause in her contract that she is abusing yet she wants to be there for the pay and not leave due to her recent nonsense. And there is a standoff. Because her behavior doesn't fit the clauses. I think she may be happy to take the pay and not "work" on the show, but -no fit.

I am actually a tad disturbed at her waking up after years and behaving the way she has this season. 

But then the whole show is a mess. Couldn't Martin Short be given 2 segments?

The first few minutes are telling us who are the co-hosts, they kinda dance in, beam in their adoration........ lots of commercials, very short interviews,....and the last 5 minutes are commercials and bye bye!

Somewhat like LIVE at the beginning....but The Chew just launches into their show, already seated and no intros. Refreshing, to me anyway.

• Love 6

Any show with Martin Short is a winner in my book - maybe his presence and overall excellence lifted the rest of them to their collective best.

I think that was it.  Short is a great guest on any show - which is far more to his credit than the co-hosts. 

I love how Rosie O brings up that Whitney Houston reality TV show. It was depraved, and Bravo deserves more scorn for broadcasting that. And then Whoopi mentioning Cissy Houston hating it because she knows Cissy Houston is about to call her unless she says that cracked me up, because I think Cissy Houston is such a bitch. She was a background singer for Aretha Franklin on Letterman recently and she looked totally pissed off the entire time, it cracked me up. I think Cissy is a piece of work, and probably has done her family no favors, mental health wise.

Cissy may have hated  Being Bobby Brown but she had her own reality show after her daughter's death.  I'm pretty sure she had one on Lifetime about Bobby Kristina, the aunt manager and herself, although I didn't see it. 

Whoopi injecting/name dropping Cissy Houston like that was such a Barbara Walters moment for me.  More and more I see Whoopi taking over Babs often rude behavior on this show and who dropped more names than Babs?  Not that Cissy Houston is a name I'd be proud to drop but knowing someone's mother seemed like a Babs comment.    

Whoopi also asked Martin Short to "do some characters" on the spot today too, another Babs trademark.  My favorite moment was when Whoopi was reading his resume/question off her blue card and Short said something like , "Did you just come up with that off the top of your head?"  Whoopi was embarrassed enough to drop the blue card. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

Whoopi also asked Martin Short to "do some characters" on the spot today too, another Babs trademark.  My favorite moment was when Whoopi was reading his resume/question off her blue card and Short said something like , "Did you just come up with that off the top of your head?"  Whoopi was embarrassed enough to drop the blue card.

I wasn't paying attention to the tv but heard Martin say that and didn't understand, I just thought he was being his usual quick-witted self and figured it was an inside joke.  I bet Whoopi was pissed he called her out like that but then again she was guilty.  It would have been the cherry on top of the cake if Whoopi had asked Martin Short how his wife was doing, ala Kathy Lee Gifford.

I just can't believe the producers/executives don't realize what a gem they have w/Rosie O on the panel.  She is a very polished celebrity that knows how to ask question of her guests and cohosts and not ask them to perform like a trained dog.  I know Rosie probably tries to tell her other co-hosts how to conduct the interviews and let them flow naturally, but the stubbornness of others makes the show seem slapped together.  I also think the show underestimates the guests that come on this show b/c of Rosie O and her past talk show, and how loyal they are to her as to not embarrass her.  They know they can have a fun time w/o much controversy, Tom Selleck notwithstanding. 

• Love 6

I feel like I'm watching a competition, not a talk show. In this corner we have Whoopi & Nicolle interviewing the Scandal guy facing off against RO RP &  Hyena interviewing the Girls character. 

Team Whoopi/Nicolle was trounced. Whoopi contributed zero to that interview. Why was she even there?

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 3

Damn you Rosie O, how dare you ask what kind of pull Lance Armstrong has over these groupies that want to take the fall for you.  You don't know!  We weren't there! Sorry I think I was channeling Whoopi like I was in the movie Ghost.  Whoopi shut the hell up and allow others views to come into your orbit, being moderator doesn't mean you are the almighty and your word is golden and the end.

Rose P, shut the hell up.  You are waaaayyyy overcompensating for all the talk that happened in your month long absence.  I get it, you can read and are intelligent, but stop talking, wait...stop rambling incessantly over topics that you have a little, tiny knowledge about.  You make yourself look foolish trying to swim in the deep end when you should really be in the shallow kiddie pool.

So Whoopi thinks she has enough sway to get e-book publishers to put books back into print?  This woman knows nothing. period. end of sentence.

Rosie Perez is the science nerd on this panel?  What the hell show have I been watching the past seven months b/c I have yet to see this.  Boxing yes, science...nope.

Does the animal kingdom know how much Whoopi Goldberg has done for them by giving them some shitty voice?  I mean seriously...

I really don't buy that Nicole is that technologically stupid to where she doesn't understand the lure of basically having the world at your fingertips via your phone.  She puts on this great act like she is stupid to all of the technology around her and uses her child as a crutch.  I equate it to like...well my mother who is in her seventies who barely grasps everything you can do with the internet, Nicole isn't that freaking old to act like this.  It's all a facade, I just have a gut feeling...like Bitsy acting like her children were so insightful and caring for others.  

Wow, I really thought Whoopi was going to go off on Rosie for talking about the kids who looked like Buckwheat on the cruise.  I was like, oh hell no...here we go...but she didn't, she tried to change that subject which I think might have been so as to night argue w/Rosie O.  Of course then Whoopi decided to say that Rosie P was using her nephew as a slave and that comment dropped like an anvil, but I guess since Whoopi is black she can joke like that.

I was glad they let Cristela promote her show and upcoming appearances.  I have to say if you haven't seen her show on Friday nights, please dvr the show or watch it live if you don't have a dvr.  The show is really funny, she is a great comic w/great timing.  

That first guest segment was hilarious at the start, Nicole is praising the guy ( I don't know his name as I don't watch Scandal ) saying best White House character ever...right Nicole, wasn't it just a few weeks ago you were praising Allison Janney's character on the West Wing as the best White House character ever.  I hate people who say that about every tv actor they love, false praise and all.  I loved when they cut to Whoopi she was trying to read the blue cards and had the best look of like "WTF am I reading, who is this person."  Get your shit together Whoopi, study up on the person you will be interviewing so you don't look stupid.

Rosie Perez has never seen the show Girls, it was so obvious.  I doubt Rosie P even could figure out who Zosia's father was based off her last name.  I was hoping they would ask Zosia Mamet about the scene in the last episode where she did the trial interview at Ann Taylor Loft, it was hilarious and cringe-worthy.

• Love 4

Whoopi need not lecture Amazon about "Just Let Me Play".....they have used and and new in stock as we speak. She is so tiresome, sigh.

eta - so does Barnes and Noble

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 8
Rosie Perez is the science nerd on this panel?

Well...Rosie Perez was a biochemistry major in college.  I don't know how much schooling she completed, but there must have been some "science nerd" in her to have that interest after high school.

• Love 8

Enjoyed today's show. CMH1981, respectfully, you and I will have to agree to disagree!

The documentary Rosie mentioned, The Armstrong Lie, is worth watching if you are interested.

I had never heard of Charlie Sifford before and now want to learn more about him. Very cool that Rosie P. actually met him and could speak so sincerely about him. The book is indeed out of print and new and used copies are selling for close to $100 (ouch!) , so I will check local libraries (fingers crossed). Speaking of biographies, Rosie P's life story is fairly dramatic and is worth a read.

I've never seen Scandal or Girls...may need to binge watch these series from season one when I have more time this coming summer.

• Love 4

I saw yesterday's show although I didn't comment, and I thought it was a really good one. Even Martin Short who's always got on my nerves gave a good interview. Today's show, not as much. Whoopi's nonsense during the Armstrong topic + Cristela whoever. I've tried to give that woman the benefit of the doubt, but just don't care for her in this venue. The interview with "Cyrus" from Scandal was just the biggest mess, even he looked as if he felt awkward. One of the Rosie's should be present in every interview, imo, because Nicolle/Whoopi are just not doing it. Nicolle is really starting to irk me even when there's no apparent reason. The funny thing is, she puts on an act more than any of the other panel members and she's the only one there without acting experience.

• Love 3

Someone definitely told Whoopi to cut the angry crap but does she have to talk so damned much? The first 10 minutes was mostly Whoopi then Nichole. Rosie P spoke a minute and the guest host and RO did not say a word. Moderating does not mean we have to hear your voice 4 out of every 5 minutes.

It's weird. All the stories I read are how Rosie O is so difficult. Can't they see how much better she can conduct an interview, moderate or just plain speak well? Whoopi waking up this year to be so domineering and loud almost reeks of sabotage. Maybe she wanted out and the money too. Maybe she's jealous of RO's power. Maybe she was not going to let RO improve the show. And yes, I am already sick of Nichole and all of her feigned surprise at most things. It is becoming 'cliquey' and I don't like it.

• Love 13

Whoever re-signed Whoopi to her 5 million dollar contract deserves 20 lashes with a wet noodle. Obviously they weren't clued in to her performance as a moderator. She's a mess. She cannot do the job. It's a shame that RO and Rosie P seem to be taking the blame for the show's shortcomings. 

• Love 11
It's weird. All the stories I read are how Rosie O is so difficult. Can't they see how much better she can conduct an interview, moderate or just plain speak well?

To me, I don't read the stories about Rosie as being difficult to work with the same way I read, say, stories about Keith Olbermann/Alec Baldwin being difficult.  I think they are probably just assholes, but Rosie knows what she is doing and is surrounded by idiots.  That being said, I also think Rosie is at a point in her life where she wants to be doing a more intellectual/serious show than what would survive in daytime.  I'd rather even Nicole Wallace be given extra training and moved into the moderating role.  I think she's too easy to please and learn to use to push her political views.  Maybe BW's presence did more to reign Whoopi in than we thought.

I think the crew is reading the writing on the wall and there will be more departures.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 8

Now, I wish I hadn't deleted this episode before getting to the Martin Short interview. 

Jonesingjay, try to see it elsewhere...he's just so delightful!

So, do you all take comfort in the fact that Whoopi treats her personal friends and family much like she treats her audience? While they were trying to discuss electronic devices at home: paraphrasing "don't attempt to contact me via text after 6p cause I'm in the bathroom (wtf, why is she so obsessed with our basic functions?) instead CALL ME and if I don't answer...call me back...and I may answer. Really?!

Why can't the show's producers see what a disaster she is? It's just so darn simple.

• Love 8

I think it's the attitude WG adopts when discussing this (over and over). It is just so nasty yet she has a valid personal view on the subject. It is the presentation of it that is ugly. And her bodily functions obsession......much like BW's  sex and beauty obsessions, imo. Or SS's obsession with getting a huzzband.....and then keeping him. Other than SJ I can't remember any other co-hosts fascinations with these subjects.

• Love 9

The show "Girls" - I've only seen one episode and I still can't wash the scene of that guy having anal intercourse with Alison Williams out of my eyes. I don't get all the gushing over this show. Somehow I miss the point of it. A friend said, OMG, you have to watch this. And I did. And I'm sorry I did.

Zosia Mamet. Gee wonder how she got her acting start? Which brings me to the point I wanted to make which was that all four women cohosts on the View didn't have an "in" or a famous last name like Mamet or Williams to get their feet in the door.

Also just a question from a comment earlier on the thread. Someone mentioned Rosie P doing something with her neck when she speaks. I watched for that today but couldn't detect what that was exactly. Can someone explain?

• Love 3

I wanted to hear more about American Psycho: The Musical.  I really hate the TV show Girls as well, so maybe I'm projecting, but I think Zosia seems kinda joyless and cold.  She looked a lot like Nicolle actually.  Perez's hair  looked so fake during that segment so she'll probably fire her hair stylist again this week.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 3

I really don't buy that Nicole is that technologically stupid to where she doesn't understand the lure of basically having the world at your fingertips via your phone.  She puts on this great act like she is stupid to all of the technology around her and uses her child as a crutch.  I equate it to like...well my mother who is in her seventies who barely grasps everything you can do with the internet, Nicole isn't that freaking old to act like this.  It's all a facade, I just have a gut feeling...like Bitsy acting like her children were so insightful and caring for others.  

I didn't take away that Nicolle doesn't understand the technology just that she's isn't glued to her phone like a teenager (or the guy on the sailboat who missed the whale three feet away)  I believe her when she says she doesn't get the appeal because I don't either.    Nicolle is a regular on two shows, has a toddler, two dogs and a husband.  I believe that she isn't constantly on FB or Twitter or Instagraming her life. 

Whoever re-signed Whoopi to her 5 million dollar contract deserves 20 lashes with a wet noodle. Obviously they weren't clued in to her performance as a moderator. She's a mess. She cannot do the job. It's a shame that RO and Rosie P seem to be taking the blame for the show's shortcomings. 

I agree!  But I just assumed this contract was already done before the new powers that be took over, which is why they didn't/couldn't clean the house all the way this season. 

I feel like I'm watching a competition, not a talk show. In this corner we have Whoopi & Nicolle interviewing the Scandal guy facing off against RO RP &  Hyena interviewing the Girls character. 

Team Whoopi/Nicolle was trounced. Whoopi contributed zero to that interview. Why was she even there?

Ha!  Maybe it was???  I noticed they got some new blue couch thing and finally did not put the guest in the middle of the sofa where they whiplash answering questions.

So Whoopi thinks she has enough sway to get e-book publishers to put books back into print?  This woman knows nothing. period. end of sentence.

I couldn't figure out why Whoopi was yelling at Amazon about this; isn't Amazon a retailer?  The publishing company would have something to say about it but somehow I'm having a hard time imagining any publishing people tuning into The View - or taking direction from Whoopi for that matter. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6
It's weird. All the stories I read are how Rosie O is so difficult.

I think the stories are from several years ago where apparently she WAS difficult...demanding and bullying.  She has had years of therapy since then and states that she's on medication.  I'm sure her life is much happier as are the lives of those she lives and works with.  She's certainly more enjoyable for me.

• Love 7

Perez's hair  looked so fake during that segment so she'll probably fire her hair stylist again this week.

Yeah, that was obviously a wig (and not a very good one).  The hair itself was fine but the part was not good at all.  I never noticed before so it must have been new. What with doing The View and Broadway, she is probably trying to protect her hair from heat and styling, but that did not look good.

• Love 1

There goes Whoopi!!!  Brian Williams didn't lie -- the "story" just became bigger & bigger.  No one was able to express their point of view for as long & as obstreperously as Whoopi.  She can't help herself -- she just can't shut up once she latches onto something!!

• Love 17

I'm beginning to think this show is like a Rorschach test or something. I've just seen Tuesday's episode, with Rosie Perez's return, and I saw someone who was overwhelmed by applause and cheers to see her back. She looked happy to me; I could see tears in her eyes. I didn't see any discomfort or anything.

Of course, I had to turn it off cuz my mom's Indian show was starting, but I will add this.

No, Nicholle, that piece of shit "book" 50 Shades of Crap did NOT open the door to sex or whatever nonsense she was spouting.  There have been plenty of authors who have written Erotica, and waaaay better than the hack who managed to get this printed. Robin Schone, Susan Johnson, to name a couple off the top of my head.  What this "book" has is nothing new and nothing I haven't read. And no, I haven't read it, but a friend of mine has and has snarked on each single page so I didn't have to read it.  It's just as I've stated before, the romance genre is pretty much looked down on as a dirty thing; and this hack is lucky she was able to get published via e-book so no one knows what anyone is reading.

I hope this movie bombs, and bombs HARD.

• Love 11

It's always about you isn't it Whoopi? Rosie called her out again on her saying a shitty thing about her and Whoopi again said no I wasn't talking about you! Bitch get back. 

Exactly!  Whoopi doesn't have the guts to back up what she says.  They were talking about someone being perfect .....

• Love 9

The Whoopi issues just makes me mad. Mad at a stupid tv show mad, not really mad. That irritates me about her more than anything. She will get called out on something she very blatantly does, and, then has the nerve to deny it and attempt to cover it up by being loud and turning up the aggressiveness to an 11. Making the other person feel like an idiot for daring to call her out! Rosie is not intimidated by you like so many others obviously are. You can tell poor Rosie is trying so hard to hold it in. 

• Love 12

It's always about you isn't it Whoopi? Rosie called her out again on her saying a shitty thing about her and Whoopi again said no I wasn't talking about you! Bitch get back. 

Could someone elaborate?

Wow, I don't know how I feel about the disagreement of what actually occurred to Brian Williams while covering the invasion of Iraq.  I get both of the points of Whoopi, who thinks it was just a story that grew bigger and bigger and Williams placed himself from outside of the attack to being in the attack, to Rosie O saying he outright lied and he is the major face of the news of a big network.  I kind of feel like Rosie O was pushing for the discussion to go on longer, and pushing for Whoopi to go crazy.  Whoopi had her view, Rosie O had her view and that should have been that.  You could tell that Cristela and Rosie P agreed w/Rosie O and I think Nicole was just staying neutral all the way.  I do think that Whoopi's comment about not being perfect as some was totally directed at Rosie O and she had that backlash coming back to her.  

My thoughts are Brian Williams sensationalized the story, as most newsmakers are prone to do, and he got called out by the men and women who were there to protect his, and our, ass.

Does anyone else think that Whoopi is trying to play the game to get Rosie O to walk away like she did during her first View stint?

I hate that these blowups occur on Thursdays before a 3-day weekend for them.

Wow, coming back from that break you could tell Rosie O was trying her best to keep her cool.  The crossed leg, the plastered on smile...I felt bad for her.  I think we have all been at that place, usually at a family function where you have to stay and stew instead of getting up and walking away.

Christ Nicole...you are horrible at interviewing.  This should have been Rosie O doing this, and I have a feeling she was supposed to as this is right up her alley, but I have a feeling the argument changed things up.

Thank goodness for Geena Davis, she seemed to perk up Rosie O.  

Has Geena Davis always mumbled somewhat?  That was so distracting, and it was even more horrible in that clip from Grey's Anatomy.  Is there something wrong w/her?

Did you guys know Nicole writes novels?  I do b/c I feel like I hear about it almost once a week or more.

Could someone elaborate?

I mentioned it somewhat in this post about the blow up, but to elaborate...basically Whoopi was done w/the Brian Williams conversation and said that not everybody is perfect like some...Rosie O gave a look then said she wasn't saying she was perfect.  Whoopi then started laughing and said she wasn't talking about Rosie O.  Rosie O then said she can never tell if Whoopi talking about her or not.  Whoopi played it off that it's hard to follow the train of thought in her own (Whoopi's) head.  It was very obvious to everyone on the panel that Whoopi was totally directing the comment at Rosie O.  I  just can't seem to figure out why Whoopi thinks Rosie O won't call her out on that crap, it's a known fact that Rosie O isn't going to put up w/that crap.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 7

Hoo boy, was Rosie pissed off! You could tell she was fuming by her body language. I imagine there were fireworks after the show.

Geena Davis needs to step away from the Botox before her entire face freezes up for good.

• Love 6

I'm expecting an article to be released about how Rosie O caused so much tension today, with no mention of Whoopi's childish nonsense. As per usual. I loved how Rosie O didn't back down from calling a spade a spade regardless of Whoopi's insecure egotrip.

Cristela was a little better today. I wonder what was wrong with Geena Davis? I haven't seen many interviews of her, but she seemed incredibly awkward? Maybe she's not good at interviews. I had no idea she was on Grey's Anatomy before now.

• Love 9

I imagine there were fireworks after the show.

I've always wondered, after the show do the hosts have to stick around for a set amount of time or do they go their own separate way till the next day or in the case of today, next Monday.  I have always wondered if they had a post-show meeting about the next day or week, or do they change into their street clothes and leave.

Does anyone else think that Whoopi is trying to play the game to get Rosie O to walk away like she did during her first View stint?

Yes. I mentioned earlier that I thought Whoopi's 'wake-up' was somehow in defiance or for bringing down the show instead of yielding to a more polished speaker and moderator. I don't know what that woman has up her ass over Rosie O but I wish she would remove it or move on. I never wanted to see this ugly of a side to Whoopi because I liked her but she shows me why I no longer like her, daily.
  • Love 13

Rosie P. Now seems to be "coached" backstage on some topics. There was an article or two in her absence about how she was being fired for not having the chops for this talk show format. Methinks a little damage control is afoot.

Also, Whoopi and Nicole are newly fawning over her "knowledge." I particularly enjoyed Nicole's reference to Rosie P. as a "science expert." Yeah, Hawkins, Saga, and the chick from "White Men Can't Jump," in that order. SMH.

• Love 3

Yes. I mentioned earlier that I thought Whoopi's 'wake-up' was somehow in defiance or for bringing down the show instead of yielding to a more polished speaker and moderator. I don't know what that woman has up her ass over Rosie O but I wish she would remove it or move on. I never wanted to see this ugly of a side to Whoopi because I liked her but she shows me why I no longer like her, daily.

Exactly!!  I was definitely pro Whoopi, but she's managed to change that entirely!!  Alternatively, I was neutral re RosieO, now I'm sooo pro Rosie because she seems so sane compared to Whoopi.  Just sayin'.

• Love 13

You know those sitcoms...maybe not recent ones, but very popular ones that had live audiences?  Often (too often) there would be staff members on the set that could be heard laughing LONGER and LOUDER than the audience.  That's what Cristela and Nicolle were for me today.  Annoying cacklers...paid to enhance actual reactions.

• Love 8

And according to Whoopi, Juan Pablo, the 1st Latin Bachelor wasn't Latin, he was "a fake Italian" with "a fake accent."

And there will never be a Black Bachelor because ABC wouldn't know how to handle the shit that would go down.

Rosie P told her to not make such a generalization but what the hell does she know, she's not Black, so she wouldn't know.

You know those sitcoms...maybe not recent ones, but very popular ones that had live audiences?  Often (too often) there would be staff members on the set that could be heard laughing LONGER and LOUDER than the audience.  That's what Cristela and Nicolle were for me today.  Annoying cacklers...paid to enhance actual reactions.

Oh God, yes!!  That Cristela woman's laugh is NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD to me.  I have a physical reaction to it in that I wince and want to stick my fingers in my ears. 

• Love 5

First of all, I've always thought there was something majorly wrong with Brian Williams, and I do like that he is a fan of comedy, but I've always thought people like Letterman and Jon Stewart were snowed by him.  I actually think Brian Williams is what is wrong with journalists today.  He wants to remain "impartial"  so he'll do segments like "This is what is happening in reality, but for the other point of view, let's talk to absolute nutcases!",  So I'm not surprised by this lying scandal, and that is what it was, it was a lie.  Rosie is right for comparing it to the woman who lied about 9/11.  Brian wants to be taken for a real journalist, he wants to feel special, so he lied, a lot, for about 10 years and it wasn't until people finally started to notice the FB comments (which some of the soldiers said they had been posting for years) did he admit the lie.  And I don't think a normal person does this, it's not just mis-remembering like he claims (the cover up always makes thingsworse), and I would say this is a sign that on the whole Brian Williams is probably doing other shadey things in his professional life so he should be demoted.  Something ain't right in the buttermilk.

Whoopi is a coward.  Stand by your words or learn how to speak.

• Love 8

I'm more on Rosie O's side in the Brian Williams debate. I've heard on our local news radio station, what Williams said, what he apologized for and the reporter who reported it, I guess?

They made one very good point--how one could "misremember" being in a helicopter that was attacked. Shit like that stays with you.

Ulimately, all this back forth "talking" about what this means for Williams just makes me miss Walter Cronkite.

• Love 5

For a multitude of reasons, I love, love, love Brian Williams & watch his newscast every week day.  That said, even though I'm disappointed that he lied, & he definitely DID LIE, I will continue to enjoy him, albeit with a little less trust.

• Love 8

(wtf, why is she so obsessed with our basic functions?)

She is a rude and disgusting human being.  Oh well, what can we expect from someone who purposely stage-named herself after a device that emulates sounds of flatulence at its loudest and most rude?

If there's one thing I have appreciated about Rosie P it is her modesty.  She does not seem amused when the desire comes over Whoopi (which seems like all the time) to tell us all that she has to go to the bathroom, just passed gas, or that she's getting wet "down there" because they're discussing a sexy looking man.  I like that Rosie P doesn't laugh or even smile much and says "you always go there".  I'm certainly no prude, but this talk is just horribly rude and uncalled for, and I for one would like to see some return to decency on television and in society in general.  I'm not so naïve that I think it will happen, but one can hope. 

Whoopi (chuckling insultingly) to Rosie O :  "I wasn't talking about you."

Oh, yes you were, Your Royal Flatulence, Queen of Farts.  Yes you were.

Rosie took the insult like a pro, then did what she should do:  call out Whoopi for that hideous putdown.  Whoopi clearly was referring to Rosie when she shut her down with (something like) "well I guess we can't all be perfect like some people".  Rosie replied "I'm not perfect" and Whoopi then insulted her with "I wasn't talking about you".  She obviously was, so Rosie waited a moment, then interrupted Whoopi (it's damn well about time someone did) and called her out with "are you saying Brian Williams is not perfect".    Whoopi stammered a little on that - good - then went to break (convenient).  If it had been allowed to continue, I think Rosie O would have made the point that, since all humans are imperfect, being imperfect is not a good excuse for lying about something so important.  But Whoopi wasn't referring to Brian Williams when she said that, she was referring to Rosie.  That's my take on it anyway.  So much for the (very short-lived) education of Whoopi on showing respect for others.  

• Love 16

Williams has turned into a celebrity journalist which is too bad. His integrity has been challenged. Now he will be remembered as the anchor that.......

I officially cannot stand Whoopi anymore, and wish she had never awakened this season.

I felt badly for RO, I agreed with her and it seemed to be the rest of the panel did as well. It was apparent to me WG was challenging RO and I would be pissed off as well. 

This is not embellishing a non-event experience for 12 years making it funny. The subject of being shot down by a missile which in a helicopter in a time of war and to insert yourself in that actual helicopter is a disservice to those involved, the military, veterans and their families and friends. His story should have been arriving up to an hour later and what had happened and going to happen. 

Brian did not "make a mistake" as he put it in his apology. He twisted the actual truth. He lied. 

I think RO would be a great friend. She stood up for Martha Steward and supported her as she paid for her punishment, and after. So I think RO can definitely forgive and also understands when people screw up.....and is self-aware she has as well....as most of us have at one time or another.

• Love 14