Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/02/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I think Rosie just used the separation as a way out. Her first wife is the other parent of the older kids, and, I believe, lives very close to Rosie. How many hours does Rosie work in her 4 day week? Was her most current wife always with the baby? Just doesn't really add up. I have sympathy for everything she's going thru but I don't think future employers should invest very heavily in her because she has a history of just walking away when she doesn't like how things are going.

I disagree. How many of us would quit our jobs if we had enough money? I've had jobs I loved and wouldn't want to leave no matter what. And I currently have a job that I'm not happy with, but I need the salary and benefits. If I were in a financial position to do so, I would quit.

Rosie probably thought the View would make her happy. When it didn't, when she tried to make it work, things turned. Whoopi at times seems outright hostile toward her. Who wants to do that, even for a few hours, when your family is breaking up and your kids need you? I'm sorry that Rosie won't be on tv, because she was the best part of the show. But I support and respect her ability to realize that she was unhappy with a job and walk away from it.

• Love 16

I did go to her website this morning, but it hadn't been updated. Now I can't reach it. Apparently she tweeted something about being lucky that she was privileged enough to make the choice not to work.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2

I don't think Rosie is a quitter. Her health is a top priority and she has mentioned that her doctor has watched her on the show and was concerned for her health.  Perhaps her health is fragile, the constant drip of negative whispers to the media blaming her for everything and then the snide crap from Whoop is taking its toll. 

She has five children she wants to see grow up and now two ex's that she is probably keeping in the lap of luxury...why should she take the fall for the View ratings.  My View is it is their loss and let's see how the ratings are with Whoop and Nicolle's fans.

• Love 18

why should she take the fall for the View ratings.  My View is it is their loss and let's see how the ratings are with Whoop and Nicolle's fans.

This is the one positive thing about Rosie leaving now. She can't be the scape goat any longer.

• Love 16

I totally agree that Rosie can't be the scapegoat for the flop of The View now. A wise choice on her part, I think. Whoopi will be at the helm of this sinking ship, deservedly so. I can't even fathom how they are going to save this season. Might be fun watching them try.

• Love 10

Vinsaya - I don't know if she is already gone or if she is on next week,  I understood the info to be next week, but I could certainly have misread the info and now I can't find it so....someone out there help please....will RO be on next week?

will RO be on next week?

Her publicist says she'll be on next week, but who knows with this show.

If the View is cancelled in favor for a third hour of GMA, I hope they give it to Lara Spencer.  Keep that fool off the first 90 minutes of GMA and jettison her to her own portion of the show away from everything else.

• Love 2

Vinsaya - I don't know if she is already gone or if she is on next week,  I understood the info to be next week, but I could certainly have misread the info and now I can't find it so....someone out there help please....will RO be on next week?

My understanding is she'll be on next week .... to say good-bye.  Don't know how many days they'll devote to her "good-bye".  If BaWa has anything to do with it ......

Rosie's site is accessible again . . . these are the only 3 comments regarding her departure:

Rob writes: February 7, 2015 10:14 am Rosie are you leaving us AGAIN ?

no not u just the show

bighair writes: February 7, 2015 10:07 am Glad u r putting u first. PEACE xxxx

Jeffrey writes: February 7, 2015 10:05 am Sad to hear you're leaving, did this have anything to do with Brian Williams? You were the best part of The View. I'm following you out the door.

ha -no

• Love 2

So sad to hear this. I think Rosie just wasn't enjoying work anymore and that, coupled with wanting to make sure family life was ok at home, made her realize it was impacting her physical and emotional health in a way that was bad...and maybe getting worse.

So, so sorry she is leaving. She brought much to the table.

I have always enjoyed her on TV, think she is great at I terviewing people, and hope he gets a chance to do something again in the future - maybe specials, or regular contributions to an expanded ABC daily news show.

Whatever happened to following through on a commitment? I'm kind of shocked that she wouldn't stay till the end of the season. Was this job really that onerous that she became physically ill from having a spirited discussion on camera for 5 hours a week? 

I don't think it has to do with having more than enough money. If you are signed to a contract, you should finish whatever the terms are - unless it's really destroying your health. And I can't believe that this show is "killing" her. 

Rosie's site is accessible again . . . these are the only 3 comments regarding her departure:

Rob writes: February 7, 2015 10:14 am Rosie are you leaving us AGAIN ?

no not u just the show

bighair writes: February 7, 2015 10:07 am Glad u r putting u first. PEACE xxxx

Jeffrey writes: February 7, 2015 10:05 am Sad to hear you're leaving, did this have anything to do with Brian Williams? You were the best part of The View. I'm following you out the door.

ha -no

What would this have to do with Brian Williams? 

I know, but I have seen that referenced on several sites -- makes no sense to me either . . . unless they're referring to Whoopi's comment during that discussion -- I don't know.

And CousinAmy, I can see how that would wear on someone -- even though it was only five hours or whatever a week, still the stress going in every day wondering what your co-host/moderator was going to be acting like -- if I had Rosie's money & her health background, I would leave too.

• Love 5

I'm so saddened by the news.  I thought Rosie was great on Friday's show.  She showed so much compassion to the Shepherds, and I enjoy her and Martha together even though it was a big commercial for Martha's scrapbooking products.  There is no one left on the panel who can interview guests about painful subjects with respect and compassion.  Whoopi would make fart jokes, Nicolle would interrupt, and Rosie P would struggle with her words. 

I hope to see Rosie back on TV someday.  I'm not a crafty person but if she has her own craft show I'd watch it.  She's great in that element and she could have guests that she enjoys.

• Love 10
Whatever happened to following through on a commitment? I'm kind of shocked that she wouldn't stay till the end of the season. Was this job really that onerous that she became physically ill from having a spirited discussion on camera for 5 hours a week?

People drop out of TV shows and movies, all the time.  

Rosie is putting her family first. Yes, she had a contract.  In any job, people can have the best intentions but if a job isn't working out, it isn't working out.  Circumstances change, people have to adjust.   We don't know the specifics of her situation,, but she has kids, and the breakup of a marriage is tough on kids.  Every mother struggles with balancing family and work, and what works for one person might not work for another.  I applaud her for making a choice that she needs to make for herself and her family.  

I've been a stay-at-home-mom, a working mom, a graduate student mom, and a part-time working mom.  In each case, I struggled to find the option that best fit my needs and those of my family.  It's not easy, and I would not criticize any woman for making a decision that involves prioritizing the needs of her children over her career. 

• Love 10

Tomorrow should be very interesting. The explanation from RO, WG's attitude about it.....plus the news Brian Williams won't be on the news desk "for several days. Plus the investigation of his Katrina stories through the years. 

• Love 1

I totally agree that Rosie can't be the scapegoat for the flop of The View now. A wise choice on her part, I think. Whoopi will be at the helm of this sinking ship, deservedly so. I can't even fathom how they are going to save this season. Might be fun watching them try.

I think much of it may have been a wise career choice for Rosie. If she wanted out for reasons good enough they accepted it, and didn't require her to finish her year, then perhaps it was a good business decision for several people. I think the show will be finished this spring also. Maybe Rosie had something in her contract that allowed for this, gave a rather typical show biz discrete reason (family), and will go on to something we'll all enjoy more after a bit. Doing so would leave The View with a fairly fleeting negative impact. Telling the whole story might have done greater damage to the show. 

I'm so saddened by the news.  I thought Rosie was great on Friday's show.  She showed so much compassion to the Shepherds, and I enjoy her and Martha together even though it was a big commercial for Martha's scrapbooking products.  There is no one left on the panel who can interview guests about painful subjects with respect and compassion.  Whoopi would make fart jokes, Nicolle would interrupt, and Rosie P would struggle with her words. 

I hope to see Rosie back on TV someday.  I'm not a crafty person but if she has her own craft show I'd watch it.  She's great in that element and she could have guests that she enjoys.

Oooh, what if they had a show called The Craft. Rosie could be the host with a fun panel (and I mean really fun). It could be like pinterest-on-the-air. 

• Love 7

I love Lara Spencer. I love her decorating/flea market shows. I admit, I am not understanding the last sentence. It's me, not you, can you spell it out clearer for me? 

No, I'm not a fan of Lara, I find her grating and loud.  The less she's on (at least) the first 45 minutes the better.

There will probably be a lot of fake smiles and sentimentality during Rosie O's farewell week.  It could be interesting to see how fake and awkward it will get.

• Love 1

She has five children she wants to see grow up and now two ex's that she is probably keeping in the lap of luxury...why should she take the fall for the View ratings.  My View is it is their loss and let's see how the ratings are with Whoop and Nicolle's fans.

Ro doesn't need stress from a job she doesn't need. If her second wife just said she was gay because she met rich Ro, that is more stress.

She was breaking up with Kelli during the first time she was on The View and didn't leave because of a break up.

There is more to this break up and The View doesn't make it easy.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 6

I don't think a person needs to fulfill a contract if both parties agree on a way to part ways, this isn't 3rd grade court where a promise is a promise.  I think Rosie saw a sinking ship that was beyond fixing and it was causing more stress during a difficult time in her life, and ABC saw it as a last chance way to get someone else on the show to hopefully save it.  I like Rosie, but I bet ABC doesn't mind seeing her go and getting back some of her salary.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 5

Mbutterfly said: 

I think much of it may have been a wise career choice for Rosie. If she wanted out for reasons good enough they accepted it, and didn't require her to finish her year, then perhaps it was a good business decision for several people. I think the show will be finished this spring also. Maybe Rosie had something in her contract that allowed for this, gave a rather typical show biz discrete reason (family), and will go on to something we'll all enjoy more after a bit.

Who would hire Rosie to work on yet another show when she's already fled a daytime talk show, twice? And where is there a job that is so low-stress that a person with a heart condition would feel perfectly comfortable at all times? From what I saw on the screen, I see disagreements with Whoopi a minor inconvenience. How about dealing with producers, sponsors, etc.? If it was something she produced herself, that's even more stress when everything is landing on one's own shoulders. 

Interesting (and boring) line up next week.....but no co-hosts!   Yeah!

3 guests Mon....anything to shorten HT I guess, 2 each Tue-Thr.

None listed for Fri......and I hope that will be a huge farewell to RO in a very good way. I'll miss her!

But be pissed off at WG if she is kinder and gentle to RO.....as it will be out of character for WG, especially these troubled times for RO. 

I am so tired of  WG telling us how it is, "no, no, no," shaking her finger, telling us she doesn't care what we think, getting the last word.... and on and on. 

I do blame WG a lot this year for making it unpleasant for co-hosts and viewers, and not being prepared. But most of all the producers  and ABC for not getting this show under control. Granted, that should have happened years ago as well. 

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 9

I think that when people asked her if this had anything to do with Brian Williams, what they might have been referring to was the back and forth between her and Whoopi, the 'no one is perfect' comments and when WG took a personal, vindictive dig at Rosie.

• Love 7

I still think Rosie is not well mentally.  She shares custody of her kids with two other women so it is not as if she has to be the sole custodian all  the time. To quit the same show twice is unbelievable.

• Love 1

I think it will be awhile before anyone takes a chance on Rosie again. Regardless of her reasons, she's just not reliable as an employee. Fortunately for her, she doesn't care. She may or may not show up next week. The last time, she was expected to return from vacation, she chose not to return. She may decide not to return this time either.

• Love 2

OTOH, if I were worth 1M, let alone an estimated 100-163M, had a heart attack at an early age, going through a divorce, and dealing with WG 5 hours (and more) a week......I would have made the same decision if I were RO, and especially if I had kids dealing with a divorce, the second time, and first time with the little one. 

I think RO won't be receiving pay checks from the show anymore, as it should be. But with her money I imagine she has excellent attorneys very familiar with contract law that she has had for years. 

Nothing wrong with this, especially since it is for herself and her family, and she can. She has even commented that she is in that privledged position to do so. And understands most are not. 

Personally, I am not interested in watching WG abuse viewers and co-hosts. Or RP, and revolving co-hosts. 

• Love 8

I don't think a person needs to fulfill a contract if both parties agree on a way to part ways, this isn't 3rd grade court where a promise is a promise.  I think Rosie saw a sinking ship that was beyond fixing and it was causing more stress during a difficult time in her life, and ABC saw it as a last chance way to get someone else on the show to hopefully save it.  I like Rosie, but I bet ABC doesn't mind seeing her go and getting back some of her salary.

I agree with all of this. I believe Rosie O'Donnell probably would've stayed the whole season if it seemed worth the effort, but the show is diving with Whoopi in the driver's seat unwilling to reverse (and nobody at ABC willing to give her direction). So why bother? Even though I'm sure ABC will be glad for a little less drama behind the scenes, they seem to be parting amicably with Rosie O to me, unlike the last time. I don't think Rosie O's career is in any worse shape than it was before she returned to The View. Thankfully, she has money to fall back on.

The one consolation is hopefully to watch the ratings following the weeks after Rosie O has left the stage and Rosie Perez is absent drop like a rock. I don't really care anymore, even though I hate The Talk and The Real.

• Love 2

If those stories in the Daily Mail are true, it was disagreements with the producers that prompted this, not anything to do with Whoopi. I just don't think Rosie is some delicate flower that will wilt when faced by an 'aggressive opponent' - all they did was have some debates onscreen. That is what producers want, and Rosie knew that going in.

Rosie has very strong political views and she is not shy to express them in any forum. Why would she be cowed by debating another comedian? This isn't Crossfire!

• Love 3

The last time, she was expected to return from vacation, she chose not to return. She may decide not to return this time either.

She already said that she was not coming back the next year.  This was before the fight with Bitsy. After the fight, Ro a day off since it was Kelli's birthday (and she didn't want to be there) left the season early. She wasn't on vacation.

• Love 2

Re: the article above. How can anyone think it was RO fault that the rating sucked. The show had promise. Until WG was allowed scream her last word and wag that finger at everyone. Hell RO bite her tongue so often especially at the beginning, I could see the blood dripping from her mouth.

The show sucks because of Whoopi. It doesn't matter who they bring in to replace RO. I also believe RP is gone. She looked very uncomfortable when she returned. So WG gets the show she deserves, a dying show that only has one voice. Way to go. I'll watch this week and then delete this show from my DVR.

• Love 12

I believe the article linked above. I think there was a big sigh of relief and maybe some confetti thrown when Rosie's exit was announced. She has issues with not being the moderator and it bled over onto what we saw on the show. I think that she was given a talk to, told to get herself under control and she may have tried, but ultimately she is a twit who wah wah wah's when someone doesn't see things as she does and she decided See Ya. I am really glad she is going to be leaving.

I suspect a good 75 percent of the viewing audience had issues with Rosie not being the moderator as well, hence the ratings slide. I imagine the other 25 percent are split evenly between those who just don't care for her for whatever reason and "Christians" who find her big fat lesbian ways an affront to God and Country.

I agree with you that there's a panelist completely lacking in self-control, but it sure as heck ain't Rosie O'Donnell.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 14

Mbutterfly said: 

Who would hire Rosie to work on yet another show when she's already fled a daytime talk show, twice? And where is there a job that is so low-stress that a person with a heart condition would feel perfectly comfortable at all times? From what I saw on the screen, I see disagreements with Whoopi a minor inconvenience. How about dealing with producers, sponsors, etc.? If it was something she produced herself, that's even more stress when everything is landing on one's own shoulders. 

I'm actually not certain she's really leaving for health reasons or disagreements with Whoopi. I think these are common inferences drawn. Still, she didn't get to be a hundred millionaire by making emotional decisions. Her heart seems to be in documentaries. Perhaps she'll continue there along with The Fosters and some other guest appearances. Maybe all concerned believed this was a wise business choice both for RosieO and The View. 

• Love 2

I am a Christian and I have never referred to her as a big fat lesbian nor an affront to God or country. I have read many posts here that say she is referred to as a big fat lesbian. I don't get it or the posts.

If you have an account, read the comments on The View's Facebook page. Fat jabs and homophobic posts backed up by Bible quotes - all directed at Rosie - are a staple there.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 5

I don't waste time on Facebook and definitely not the comments there. I waste time here. Haha. And I haven't read any posts here that call her silly names regarding her love life or weight. So maybe staying away from FB is as good as I think it is. 

By all means, do what you want. Regarding the BFL reference, you said "I don't get it or the posts," so I thought I'd lend you a friendly hand by offering examples that explain the reference. Media and the internet are not always kind to Rosie O'Donnell, which is fine, we can't all be liked. But disliking someone in 2015 because of sexual orientation and physical appearance? Not cool. And unfortunately not rare.

• Love 9

Anyone referring to RO as "fat" hasn't been paying attention.  I'm betting she's a lot thinner and healthier than most of the people referring to her as fat.  (I'm fat and hey, feel free to call me fat.  I am, it's a fact, not an insult.  Call me a brown-eyed Scorpio, too, that's equally true!)  It's kind of amusing that people consider "lesbian" and "fat" and "fat lesbian" to be terrible, awful, stinging insults, especially when they're directed at someone who's admittedly an open, happy, gay woman and not very fat anymore.  

It's like Fox News-bots, they have a stock set of words they consider derogatory and fling them like sacks of cow manure at anyone they don't like, damn the pesky facts anyhow!

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 10

I have read many posts here that say she is referred to as a big fat lesbian. I don't get it or the posts.

I think the times it has been posted here using "big, fat, lesbian Rosie" is in reference to the blow-out b/t Rosie and Bitsy on Rosie's first go round on the View.  Rosie herself called herself that b/c that's what Faux News usually referred to her as.  I've used it on here, but that's just in reference to that blow-out and how she is seen by some.  I never meant any disrespect to Rosie, she is the reason I watched the show regularly and her leaving is the reason I will quit.

• Love 3

After this week, I'm out. No RO no show!

Can you imagine Whoopi, Nicolle, Rosie P (and her accent) and who only know who the guest co-hosts will be?

If they think the ratings were bad, just wait.

• Love 7