Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: House Of Cards

• Start Topic

One thing I can say about Bella and Gigi is that they are healthy-looking girls. They are not emaciated-looking runway models. I was noticing that when they were in the apartment looking at the photos. Both had plenty of curves and looked like normal teenagers, for being fashion models.

ITA. GiGi actually has hips and Bella has a nice rack. Okay, I'm not supposed to notice that but man, she was walking around in that black tank with no bra. No way my old lady boobies would get away with that unless I wanted to get two black eyes! :-)

• Love 5

Just curious, and to hopefully lighten the mood here just a wee bit-

Did anyone like Kyle's gladiator boots?  And would you wear 'em?  They looked very uncomfortable to me, despite being flat.  Weren't they the same ones Yo wore a while back?

I didn't think they looked so horrible on Kyle or even all that unflattering -- just not great either.

I agree, but I don't like the gladiator look on pretty much anyone.  (Didn't Yolanda buy Brandi a pair of gladiator sandals during the trip to Paris?)  

But, I also didn't like Kim's shoes in that scene, either.  She seemed to be having a hard time walking on those high platform/heels - much the same way that Lisa Vanderpump does. 

It's really nice to see that shoe styles are getting away from the sky-high platforms and going back to more feminine, classic pumps.

Up until that outfit that Kyle was wearing during her lunch with Kim, I've been thinking that Kyle's fashion choices this season were very good.  I absolutely adored the shorts romper she wore last week in Arizona!! 

• Love 2

Regarding the ONE pill she told kyle Monty gave her, it's OK, but I read a few times that she has stolen Monty's pills... And that was my question : where/when did we learn that she's STOLEN Monty's pills (not that he allegedly gave her one, which was supposedly prescribed to her by her doctor)

EDIT : regarding the painkillers, I was on Oxycodone until last month, due to severe / unsustainable back/leg pain, waiting for a surgical intervention, which, hopefully, solved the problem early December. For my part -and my part only- I was clear, not agressive at all. Even funny - and, hopefully again, I didn't have any problem to quit the medication (70mg/day). But it's me.

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 1

One thing I can say about Bella and Gigi is that they are healthy-looking girls. They are not emaciated-looking runway models. I was noticing that when they were in the apartment looking at the photos. Both had plenty of curves and looked like normal teenagers, for being fashion models.

I agree - I think that Gigi and Bella are each beautiful, in their own distinctive ways, and they seem to have a good relationship with each other.

Also, it looked as if Gigi was making some type of pizza.  When she pulled out the bag of white flour, I was waiting for Yolanda's recriminations, or Yo jumping off her seat and throwing the bag out the window or something, but no - she just sat there! 

I also think that their differences in look and style will allow them to both do modeling jobs, as often times, hopefully, they won't be competing for the same photo shoots....I can't even think of how Yolanda would handle having her daughters compete for the same job!!

Regarding the ONE pill she told kyle Monty gave her, it's OK, but I read a few times that she has stolen Monty's pills... And that was my question : where/when did we learn that she's STOLEN Monty's pills (not that he allegedly gave her one, which was supposedly prescribed to her by her doctor)

EDIT : regarding the painkillers, I was on Oxycodone until last month, due to severe / unsustainable back/leg pain, waiting for a surgical intervention intervention, which, hopefully, solved the problem early December. For my part -and my part only- I was clear, not agressive at all. Even funny - and, hopefully again, I didn't have any problem to quit the medication (70mg/day). But it's me.

I was on painkillers for 6 years, culminating in megadoses of Vicodin and Oxycontin (popped 'em like Tic Tacs).  I worked every day, drove, never got high or aggressive, and quit cold turkey the same day I quit my job.  No withdrawal, no side effects, no addiction.  Everyone's different.  I don't find painkillers fun.  Now, give me some pot or some booze and I might get a leetle drunky wunky or silly high and enjoy it a leetle too much!   :-)

• Love 1

I had a severe upper respiratory infection in December and was prescribed Vicodin and, good lord, the sign-offs I had to sign when picking up that script.  I should probably backtrack my posting to then to see if it made me more aggressive.  Ah, who am I kidding, my baseline is asshole....

• Love 16

EDIT : regarding the painkillers, I was on Oxycodone until last month, due to severe / unsustainable back/leg pain, waiting for a surgical intervention intervention, which, hopefully, solved the problem early December. For my part -and my part only- I was clear, not agressive at all. Even funny - and, hopefully again, I didn't have any problem to quit the medication (70mg/day). But it's me.

We didn't.  People are assuming based on what addicts usually do.  And considering she told Lisa R she hadn't seen Monty in a few days, how in the hell did he give her a pill?

She lied from the get go.

• Love 6

I was on painkillers for 6 years, culminating in megadoses of Vicodin and Oxycontin (popped 'em like Tic Tacs).  I worked every day, drove, never got high or aggressive, and quit cold turkey the same day I quit my job.  No withdrawal, no side effects, no addiction.  Everyone's different.  I don't find painkillers fun.  Now, give me some pot or some booze and I might get a leetle drunky wunky or silly high and enjoy it a leetle too much!   :-)

That's been my experience with opiates as well, Walnut Queen.  I'm just a sillier version of normal self, which has been confirmed by my family and friends.  Dear goddess, if I pulled a Jekyll and Hyde, I'd be so mortified with my own behavior that I'd never touch any substance ever again.  

I've always heard the "real" self comes out when a person is inebriated, be it happy, flirtatious, itching for a fight, or just nasty tempered as hell, because inhibitions are abandoned and the sober filter isn't in place to control what comes out of one's mouth.  

I'm probably wrong and don't care if I am, but I'm assuming the nasty, snarky, vindictive bitch Kim becomes when she's high/loaded/bombed/whatever is the "real" Kim.

I think she's probably just an unpleasant, bitter, unhappy person beneath the sober facade.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  Maybe she has (or thinks she has) good reason to be an unpleasant, bitter, and unhappy little soul.  

I'm just not necessarily believing that she's Little Mary Sunshine when she's not using.  She might be able to rein in her outbursts a bit more and be a bit more socially appropriate, but probably inwardly is a bitter little pill.  

• Love 9

If you're a hard core smoker, you'll try - again & again.  You must be a fucking lightweight, cooksdelight!  :-D

I don't believe anything Kim or her defenders say - ever.

I must admit, I smoke and have for a long time. Right around New Year I got that flu,despite getting the shot/vaccine,and I had to do without any cigarettes, even e-cigs for over a week. I could not breathe and the coughing was awful. Even if Kim still smoked, she would have been short of breath and coughing at both events, the wine tasting and the poker party yet she was not, not even when she was yelling or jumping up and down laughing, IMO, just mine, Kim is lying about being ill and she and Brandi got together to concoct this excuse.

Just a quick note, I am currently smoking e-cigs only and cutting back on those in hopes of quitting altogether soon.

• Love 10

A poster above wrote "Get jobs! Get rich husbands! Forget school, marry when you are still teenagers and can still attract men with money! Be famous!" Oh wait, the poster was talking about Kyle and Kim and not Bella and Gigi (aka Black Swan and White Swan).

Watching Yolanda's pushing her daughters to be models and watching Kim relapse in the same episode was eerie. It reminded me of Godfather II where you see the Don decide to become a mobster to support his family and also see the consequences of this decision when his eldest living son is murdered by his youngest son, who learn his mobster ways from the Don. I see little difference between Big Kathy and Yolanda. They both love their girls but are raising them to chase men with money and fame.

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Love 5

She definitely slurs, she was doing so before the infamous wine tossing incident.  I'm not sure it was that noticeable in previous seasons, and I actually speculated that Brandi is now mixing in pills.  She acknowledges mixing Xanax with alcohol - I did that once and my face almost landed in my dinner plate.

I watch while multitasking so I have never picked up on any slurring.  Thanks

• Love 2

Was this the niece we saw on the show who had been living with Eileen?  

No.  The niece who dies was 35 years old and has two children.  The niece we saw it was her mother who died in March from complications of breast cancer. 

Kim's family might have gone to counseling or Family Nights at rehab, but that doesn't mean Kyle did. I specifically remember Kyle giving excuses as to why she hasn't gone to Al-Anon, but maybe you have different info? Plus, it's Kyle's behavior more than anything that tells me she hasn't received counseling. Or maybe it just hasn't stuck.

Kim is the only person responsible for her sobriety. Not Kyle, not her kids, and not production. They provide rides (they have to, because they provide the booze!), but once Kim gets home, she's home. And frankly, this seems like a fairly regular night in the life of Kim Richards, not a kind of crisis night where all hands need to be called on deck.

Kyle has discussed it -one place was on the special interview with Kim. Kyle posted pictures at the Betty Ford center and claimed she attended the support groups and was at Betty Ford with great frequency during Kim's stay.  She has talked about it in other interviews.  Kyle has to be careful over talking about her getting any kind of help for dealing with Kim's addiction because Kim will accuse her of making it all about her. AlAnon is not for everyone it is only one of many resources available to families of alcoholics.  Many people take the anonymous very seriously.

Again because addicts lie when Kim stated she had taken someone else's medication the safest thing to do would be to have someone accompany her home.  The drugs are at the home.  The person dispensing the drugs is at the home and that person is also impaired.  Kim was supposedly sober for quite some time so it would not be a recent typical night in Kim's life.  I think in situations such as these and when they involve working it is better to err on the side of caution.

To me Kim had to have taken more than one or refreshed the drug.  She allegedly took "a pill" at home.  She then went to Lisar where she appeared impaired, was driven to Malibu (we are now at about 90 minutes since the ingestion) who knows how long at Eileen's, at some point this drug should be wearing off but only if Kim doesn't take more.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

Kyle was definitely embarrassed about the cards. I could feel her pain. She wasn't catching on real quickly, and Brandi was gloating about it. I felt so uncomfortable.

I agree she was embarrassed. I thought she might not be catching on as quickly as she might have, was that she was distracted by her sister being a wackadoodle.

I thought when Kyle got up to go to the bathroom she was going to call or text someone about the Kim situation. Since the blogs are up and Kyle did not mention anything my assumption was so wrong.

• Love 3

Just curious, and to hopefully lighten the mood here just a wee bit-

Did anyone like Kyle's gladiator boots?  And would you wear 'em?  They looked very uncomfortable to me, despite being flat.  Weren't they the same ones Yo wore a while back?

I didn't think they looked so horrible on Kyle or even all that unflattering -- just not great either.

I liked the boots themselves--just not on her. I think that bow legged squat walk she has made them look worse. That said, she's been dressing much better this season.

• Love 1

I agree she was embarrassed. I thought she might not be catching on as quickly as she might have, was that she was distracted by her sister being a wackadoodle.

That's what I thought too, although it kind of grated on my nerves a bit. I was pretty much on Kyle's side this episode, but she gets on my nerves when she starts in on her poor-confused-just-a-girl-in-the-world stuff. I can't help it. I always feel like she makes such a production out of learning something new. She reminds me of a friend's ex who would play up her poor upbringing all the time. At first I felt for her, but when it got to be all the time over having never seen such big city stuff as a salad fork (I kid you not, actual example) I just started rolling my eyes. Kyle can have that effect on me.

• Love 2

That's what I thought too, although it kind of grated on my nerves a bit. I was pretty much on Kyle's side this episode, but she gets on my nerves when she starts in on her poor-confused-just-a-girl-in-the-world stuff. I can't help it. I always feel like she makes such a production out of learning something new. She reminds me of a friend's ex who would play up her poor upbringing all the time. At first I felt for her, but when it got to be all the time over having never seen such big city stuff as a salad fork (I kid you not, actual example) I just started rolling my eyes. Kyle can have that effect on me.

THAT'S what it is!! It's been bugging me forever with Kyle as to why she drives me nuts sometimes. You put it into words perfectly. She does the damsel in distress act to the point I want to sit her down in the corner and make her watch herself on TV to see why it's making me bonkers.

• Love 2

I must admit, I smoke and have for a long time. Right around New Year I got that flu,despite getting the shot/vaccine,and I had to do without any cigarettes, even e-cigs for over a week. I could not breathe and the coughing was awful. Even if Kim still smoked, she would have been short of breath and coughing at both events, the wine tasting and the poker party yet she was not, not even when she was yelling or jumping up and down laughing, IMO, just mine, Kim is lying about being ill and she and Brandi got together to concoct this excuse.

Just a quick note, I am currently smoking e-cigs only and cutting back on those in hopes of quitting altogether soon.

Another lightweight, lol.  I could be hacking out the last remaining lobe of my diseased lungs and STILL be trying to take a drag.  Addiction takes some real dedication to self destruction, eh!  ;-)

• Love 3

Kyle has to be careful over talking about her getting any kind of help for dealing with Kim's addiction because Kim will accuse her of making it all about her.

If this is true, this is why I don't think Kyle has gotten any substantial help. Addicts are selfish, and everything is about them. One of the most important things you learn in Al-Anon (or any kind of support or counseling for this issue) is that you matter, too. Your life, your well-being is important, and if the addict in your life doesn't respect you in this way, then you need to make changes, from setting boundaries to cutting the person out of your life.

Somebody wrote earlier that addicts make people their hostages, and that's exactly what Kim does to Kyle. In a clip for next week's episode, Lisa R. Is driving back with Kyle, and she asks a bunch of pointed questions about Kim's sobriety. Kyle covers for her. She's not free.

• Love 7

I thought when Kyle got up to go to the bathroom she was going to call or text someone about the Kim situation. Since the blogs are up and Kyle did not mention anything my assumption was so wrong.

Kyle is still hesitant talking about Kim relapsing, so it is possible that she does not want to say that she called to get Kim help for when she gets home. It is also possible that Kyle called Mauricio to get his advice on her suspicions. When she went into the bathroom, she suspected Kim was on something but she did not know for a fact until after Kim came in and told her she took a pain pill. I think Kyle was in a panic and knew she was not equipped emotionally to handle the situation with Kim and called for advice.

• Love 6

My biggest worry is that someone will die or be seriously injured on one of these shows before they are stopped. This episode was out of control, and if Andy is grinning about ratings or whatever, there's a special seat in hell waiting for him.

I felt guilty when my brother passed in a solo accident (drunk) that I was thankful he took no victims with him.  Just himself.  To this day, 15 years later, I'm still thankful he did not hurt nor kill any innocent people.  My parents would not tell anyone at first that he was drunk.  It was us siblings who did.  I wanted people to learn from my brother's illness.

So was Kim doing a 'scene' with LisaR in the car or what?  That was so bizarre.  

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

Reading Brandi and Kim's blogs makes me ill. Nothing but excuses. I have long suspected Kim was never truly sober. She never seemed to take responsibility for her actions which is crucial for a successful recovery. It's always poor me, poor me, pity me. She will probably never get well. Everyone focuses on Kyle walking away but I don't even think that will help her. Kim gets her alimony for life. She has Kathy. She has her daughter who just married a rich hamburger guy. There are many ways for her to get money to feed her habit. She has been like this before Bravo and she will be like this after Bravo. You can't hold Andy or anyone else responsible for the mess she finds herself in.

Brandi implies Kyle drinks too much as well. Which is exactly what Kim accused her of in the limo scene Season 1. Everything Brandi is saying, "Kyle's jealous over Kim's childhood acting and she isn't there for family" is just what Kim told her. Not sure where the all their husbands are cheating comment came from. Either Kim or JR.

That's a very dangerous game Kim is playing. Using Brandi as her mouthpiece will backfire on her.

I can easily see Kim and Yolanda being "let go" for health reasons next season. Then who's going to be Brandi's friend? 

• Love 3

One pain pill might have been enough to put Kim over the edge depending on the dosage. Monty is dying an excruciatingly painful death; I'm sure he gets the good shit. Still, whether it was one or twenty pills Kim is not doing herself any favors with her latest blog in which she claims to have been only "a little out of it". Girl, they subtitled you. That's A LOT out of it. Speaking of denial, is anyone ever going to drop the pretenses and confront Brandi about her extremely obvious alcoholism? Everyone has alluded to it one way or another but Joyce is the only one who has said to Brandi's face that she needs rehab.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

I felt guilty when my brother passed in a solo accident (drunk) that I was thankful he took no victims with him.  Just himself.  To this day, 15 years later, I'm still thankful he did not hurt nor kill any innocent people.  My parents would not tell anyone at first that he was drunk.  It was us siblings who did.  I wanted people to learn from my brother's illness.

So was Kim doing a 'scene' with LisaR in the car or what?  That was so bizarre.  

Kim was high and trying to distract Lisa R, who came right out and asked her if she drank or took some drug, from realizing the truth but it was too late, Lisa had Kim's number rather quickly.

Sorry about your brother, I admire that you and your siblings took the opportunity to turn your pain into a teaching lesson/warning for others. 

• Love 6

Sigh, It's just so sad. I'm one of those few who actually likes Kim. Sober Kim. I think she has a good heart, but she is just such a troubled woman. I always feel so proud of her when she's doing well, but it never seems to last. I just feel so very sad for her, and for her family - what an emotional roller coaster it must be to love her. 

I like Kim too, and I feel for her.  What Big Kathy didn't destroy, Kim's addiction took care of.  She's completely incapable of dealing with anxiety and any negative emotions, and if she has doctors prescribing anxiety meds (which she probably does), she will always skirt that fine line.   We can look at her and judge that she has an easy life, and tell her to shut up and stop whining.  But all addicts are suffering - it's why they use.  Kim may feel that living without alcohol and anxiety meds is a life not worth living.  I have a lot of anxiety issues and you really can't understand them if you don't experience them.  The anxiety is almost always in your head, and although it's trivial to others, it's crippling to you.

Here's my personal opinion on why Kim returned to say goodbye:  People who are trashed have no idea they're sloppy.  They think they're keeping their shit together.  I think Kim wanted to go back in the kitchen to show everyone she was just fine, and counter strike what she imagined Kyle and Lisa were going to say about her behavior.

• Love 16

I just got done reading Kim's blog and I'm mad all over again. First of all you don't get to tell Kyle what emotions are appropriate for her to feel. She feels what she feels and you were an embarrassment to yourself and your sister. Secondly she says she has been nothing but sober for three years. That's a lie. She may not have had a drink in that time frame but she certainly hasn't been sober. Lastly she blames "people", who because of her history will always jump to conclusions. What a load of crap. No wonder she makes Kyle crazy, she won't accept responsibility for anything. How many medication mishaps can one person have on camera? Why would anyone who is truly sober take someone else's pain medication? I knew she would never own up to it but this is riduclous on every level. this also explains why she has saddled up to Brandi, she would rather throw Kyle under the bus then to ever admit to relapsing. The craziest thing is she thinks this all makes perfect sense . It's a " who you gonna beleive? Me or your lying eyes?" Situation.

• Love 18
Speaking of denial, is anyone ever going to drop the pretenses and confront Brandi about her extremely obvious alcoholism?

I like how she told someone (Kyle?) that she didn't drink before her divorce. Just one more thing to blame Eddie for....

• Love 8

I should probably backtrack my posting to then to see if it made me more aggressive.  Ah, who am I kidding, my baseline is asshole....

You're not an asshole, bosawks.  Sometimes you're just a little on-ree.  Do you like turtles?

• Love 13

If this is true, this is why I don't think Kyle has gotten any substantial help. Addicts are selfish, and everything is about them. One of the most important things you learn in Al-Anon (or any kind of support or counseling for this issue) is that you matter, too. Your life, your well-being is important, and if the addict in your life doesn't respect you in this way, then you need to make changes, from setting boundaries to cutting the person out of your life.

Somebody wrote earlier that addicts make people their hostages, and that's exactly what Kim does to Kyle. In a clip for next week's episode, Lisa R. Is driving back with Kyle, and she asks a bunch of pointed questions about Kim's sobriety. Kyle covers for her. She's not free.

Here is the thing Kyle gets hammered for exposing Kim's alcoholism. Brandi had just delivered yet another dig about Kyle outing her alcoholism that night.  Trust me I am all for Kyle standing up and telling Kim that she Kyle has a story to tell about all the f-upped things she did to Kyle and her family while drinking and Kyle owes Kim zero in the way of  confidentiality as it is Kyle's story to tell.  Back to the show-  So now she is suppose to open up on camera to Lisa R. about Kim and her history? Boundaries-Kim's story to tell.

Kim humiliated Kyle and insulted Lisar , Eileen and Vince.  It wasn't until Kim went too far and decided Kyle had "confronted" her in the bathroom that Kim went after Kyle again.  The very act of Brandi ushering Kim out was just another way to call attention to Kyle "hurting" Kim.   

You keep saying Kyle didn't learn anything.  For one Kyle works with Kim she cannot just cut her out of her life. I don' think Kyle pays Kim's bills any longer.  If one were to listen to Brandi, Kyle does not have Kim in her life unless the cameras are rolling.  If this was so very unexpected after a long period of sobriety I don't see why Draconian measures would be in order.  After Kim's blog today if I were Kyle, there would be consequences for Kim's betrayal. 

• Love 5

I think Bravo is an enabler for allowing Kim to continue on the show. She was so batshit crazy in season 2 and hardly ever showed up on screen because she was so fucked up and should have been dropped way back then. I had stopped watching the show because of messed up Kim, Taylor and Adrienne. I came back because of Lisa R. and Eileen, who so far have not disappointed. It's not entertainment watching people dangerously fucked up that they could end up like Russell Armstrong.

• Love 4

To be honest, I think it's because she's not that smart, and simply doesn't think ahead. Take Lisa V., for example. It never would have played out the same way had it been Lisa, because she's astute enough to think things through and play the game right. Kyle just talks a lot, and doesn't seem to have the maturity to sit back, maybe reflect, and smarten up. It's why she's stick stuck in this co-dependent relationship with her sister. Even after all these years, Kim is still playing her. And Kyle lets her.

Right. From the quick preview, it looks like Kim is telling Brandi to back off Kyle. Maybe the "you were never there for your sister" line was too much. Kim is very dependent on Kyle. She can throw a dig at her, but she can't burn that bridge.

So, Lisa V. is too smart to be played by Brandi?  Hasn't "I was fooled by Brandi"  been Lisa V.'s theme song this entire season? 

• Love 5

Kim was so quickly agitated that I think she had been drinking.  She seemed like a nasty old drunk.  

Brandi is such a fuckpig. And her face looks like it is melting off her.  She looks ridiculous.

• Love 6

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/videos/playlist?clip=2841537

Kyle says on the WWHL after show that in 3 years, she has never seen Kim slip off the wagon.

Kim's said that she rarely sees Kyle between seasons of the show too, but she sees Brandi all the time.  I think Kim is closer to Kathy than to Kyle.

That is BS according to the many reports, including Brandi's blast, that Kim went off the wagon in PR and don't forget the Paris trip 2 seasons ago. I really think Kyle is still trying to protect Kim's image. It is important that TPTB in Hollywood buy into Kim being sober since rehab, that will give her a better chance to get acting jobs and give her more motivation to get serious about getting and staying clean. The sad fact is that none of that will help keep Kim sober/clean if Kim refuses to deal with her inner demons head on and she is a weak coward IMO.

I think Kim is close to Kathy because it has always been left to Kyle to clean up Kim's messes, not Kathy. Kathy comes in to town and babies Kim while Kyle was left with the dirty work. JMO

• Love 18

Kim's blog honestly makes me angry. I think she's lying her ass off and I find it insulting that she thinks viewers would believe her version of events for even a moment. 

Also, let's pretend for a second that Kim really did just innocently take a pill because she was dealing with bronchitis and whatever else--why wouldn't she at least use her blog to apologize for her behavior at Eileen's? She doesn't seem embarrassed by anything that happened that evening and I think she should be. She made everyone there uncomfortable save Brandi. She was rude to LisaR, Kyle, Vince, and Eileen. She was caught on camera lying but she doesn't seem to care in the slightest. She thinks her behavior is completely acceptable and excusable because she supposedly chose to take a pill she'd never taken before knowing full well that she'd have to appear on camera. She's also using the hell out of Monty's situation and I find that to be distasteful. I find it sickening how she can't even find it in herself to be embarrassed about the fact that she was making Monty's illness all about her during the car ride with LisaR. Unbelievable that she's trying to play the "hurt" card with Kyle. What a disloyal, selfish, and clueless woman Kim is.

I personally think that Kyle is covering for Kim about the three years of sobriety thing. They can spin what happened in Paris however they like but Kim's cover story about the water pills sounded like total bullshit. People who are in recovery aren't supposed to have old pills around their home anyway yet Kim would have people believe that she's 100% serious about her recovery while admitting that she has pills around her house to the point where she was easily able to mix them up. Then there's Puerto Rico, there was an incident at a birthday party for one of her nieces, and other small incidents on the show itself where she just doesn't seem like she's in a clear state of mind. Her interaction with Ken and Lisa outside of Kyle's store comes to mind. Numerous things have happened since the meltdown of season 2 that make it impossible for me to believe that Kim has supposedly been sober for three years.

As far as Brandi's claim that Kyle only likes to help Kim when she has an audience--Kyle has been helping Kim for years without the presence of the cameras or need for an audience. Brandi certainly can't say the same. If anything I feel like Brandi is describing herself when she makes the claim about only wanting to help Kim if there's an audience. Brandi made the same claim that Lisa only tried to mother her for the benefit of the cameras. True or not what makes Brandi think that she's any different than the way she claims these women are? What, we're just supposed to take her word for it because she's the truth cannon?

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 14

I wonder if Kim's drug taking was aimed at getting back at Kyle for the wine tasting debacle? Even though she told Kyle it "didn't bother her"...it would then appear that it bothered the hell out of her! IMO Kim was taking laser aim at Kyle at the poker table and Kyle's blood began to boil before running to the bathroom.

Kyle may not have known her spa event included a bar side wine tasting...with little food. But, it appears Kim "didn't buy her apology," and went out for bear the night of the card game.

Here Kim is supposedly nursing her ex-husband and even he rejects her by leaving her in the evenings. Kim is mentally unstable without wine or drugs and her deep-seeded jealously of her sister is apparent. The two of them on the same reality show only appears to have jacked-up the tension.

These two sisters need space if they are to keep a limited relationship. Kim has got to see that the drugs and alcohol result in a TOXIC personality transformation. Kyle has to be willing to separate from her volatile sister no matter what she promised her mother. Kyle must protect herself and her family period.

Should Bravo remove Kim form the RHOBH cast?

Edited by RealityTVSmack
  • Love 3

At the end of the day, Kim is Kyle's big sister and siblings have kind of a weird connection. You may not have a lot in common and may not always even like each other all that much but you have a life long history and, possibly a loyalty you don't even know you have until it's tested. Kyle may have once looked up to Kim as her big sister and then watched Kim deteriorate to what she is today. I'll always be on Kyle's side because I think she's the only one in this group who loves Kim and I think she, through the years, has essentially lost her big sister. Brandi has no right, IMO, to interfere with Kyle trying to reach Kim because the only reason Brandi is trying to keep them separated is because she doesn't want to lose her partner in addiction.

• Love 14

I like how she told someone (Kyle?) that she didn't drink before her divorce. Just one more thing to blame Eddie for....

Perhaps she didn't drink, but I won't rule out snorting and huffing. Edited by quinn
  • Love 6

Here is the thing Kyle gets hammered for exposing Kim's alcoholism. Brandi had just delivered yet another dig about Kyle outing her alcoholism that night. Trust me I am all for Kyle standing up and telling Kim that she Kyle has a story to tell about all the f-upped things she did to Kyle and her family while drinking and Kyle owes Kim zero in the way of confidentiality as it is Kyle's story to tell. Back to the show- So now she is suppose to open up on camera to Lisa R. about Kim and her history? Boundaries-Kim's story to tell.

Kim humiliated Kyle and insulted Lisar , Eileen and Vince. It wasn't until Kim went too far and decided Kyle had "confronted" her in the bathroom that Kim went after Kyle again. The very act of Brandi ushering Kim out was just another way to call attention to Kyle "hurting" Kim.

You keep saying Kyle didn't learn anything. For one Kyle works with Kim she cannot just cut her out of her life. I don' think Kyle pays Kim's bills any longer. If one were to listen to Brandi, Kyle does not have Kim in her life unless the cameras are rolling. If this was so very unexpected after a long period of sobriety I don't see why Draconian measures would be in order. After Kim's blog today if I were Kyle, there would be consequences for Kim's betrayal.

Kyle has a story, too. That's why there's even an organization called Al-Anon, because people with addicts for loved ones are in pain, too. Co-dependency, their life stuck, damaged, etc... That's why the show is as much interested in Kyle's distress over Kim's alcoholism as it is Kim's. And Bravo is exploiting them both. If Kyle learned to deal with Kim's bullshit better, the scene at Poker Night would have played out differently. Kim would have still caused the scene she did, but she would have only embarrassed herself. And as for the ride home with Lisa R. - if Kim signs on to a reality show chronicling her journey with sobriety, falls off the wagon, and makes a spectacle of herself, it's not fair to expect Kyle to lie and make excuses for her.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 3

So, Lisa V. is too smart to be played by Brandi?  Hasn't "I was fooled by Brandi"  been Lisa V.'s theme song this entire season?

A second time only. They all (or most) fell for Brandi, or liked or trusted her, and then her fangs came out. Once bitten, twice shy.

• Love 2

We didn't.  People are assuming based on what addicts usually do.  And considering she told Lisa R she hadn't seen Monty in a few days, how in the hell did he give her a pill?

She lied from the get go.

And what doctor would ever prescribe pain pills for Kim without the most serious of reasons? It's ridiculous how many pills Kim seems to still have to take since she's been sober. Water pills, anxiety pills, Monty's pills, pills prescribed for her terrible pain, the pain of...let's say bronchitis. And of course there's her nose job that also requires pills. So many pills to be accidentally confused with stuff that gets her high!

This is why as much as I often can like Kim, there's nothing more satisfying than seeing her confronted by people who just tell her they know perfectly well she's lying and don't listen to her convoluted stories.

• Love 12

From LisaR's blog:

I knew the night was going to be a wild one when I saw how Kim was behaving when she arrived at my house before heading to Malibu. She asked to use the bathroom and was acting as if she was high on something, which is why I asked her if she had been drinking or was on drugs when we got into the car. I mean, HELLO! Could that car ride with Kim be any more awkward? Let me tell you, it felt just as awkward as it looked to all of you. I really had no idea what was going on or what to do. Every interaction I have ever had with Kim up until that point was light, fun, and easy going. This was a completely different, very unpredictable, and aggressive Kim sitting next to me in the car, and to be honest, it made me feel extremely nervous and anxious. I wasn’t sure if it was an act or a game we were playing, but deep down in my gut, I knew there was more to it and something was going on with her. I couldn’t get out of that car fast enough when we arrived at Eileen’s home, and I really had no idea what she would do next.

So Kim made a trip into the bathroom that LisaR made a point of mentioning. It seemed like LisaR questioning Kim's sobriety came almost right when she jumped into the car so this at least explains that something happened beforehand to make her think that Kim might well have been taking something. No wonder Kim sounds all panicked when she's asking LisaR what she's told Kyle--she isn't only thinking about the car ride.

I think Lisa is quite right to bring up the similar situation in Paris involving Kim. Kim would prefer it if people would forget about things like this because it doesn't go along with the narrative that she wants the audience to believe, but it's not going to happen and Kim only has herself to blame. Not Kyle, not anybody else, this is a situation of Kim's own making and she's never going to change because there are always going to be people who believe her lies or at least pretend to believe them because it's easier than calling her on her bullshit for the thousandth time.

It's ridiculous how many pills Kim seems to still have to take since she's been sober. Water pills, anxiety pills, Monty's pills, pills prescribed for her terrible pain, the pain of...let's say bronchitis. And of course there's her nose job that also requires pills. So many pills to be accidentally confused with stuff that gets her high!

It's the same story with small variations again and again and Kim expects people to fall for it because she's gotten away with it before. It's never, ever Kim's fault that she has these slip ups. It's so frustrating to watch.

In a change of topic--

Am I wrong in thinking that Lisa seems a touch chilly with Eileen? Maybe chilly isn't the right word because she's polite and friendly enough, I guess, but I felt like there was a coldness on Lisa's part at the spa day. It might not have been anything but I thought I picked up on something. 

• Love 7

Kyle has a story, too. That's why there's even an organization called Al-Anon, because people with addicts for loved ones are in pain, too. Co-dependency, their life stuck, damaged, etc... That's why the show is as much interested in Kyle's distress over Kim's alcoholism as it is Kim's. And Bravo is exploiting them both. If Kyle learned to deal with Kim's bullshit better, the scene at Poker Night would have played out differently. Kim would have still caused the scene she did, but she would have only embarrassed herself. And as for the ride home with Lisa R. - if Kim signs on to a reality show chronicling her journey with sobriety, falls off the wagon, and makes a spectacle of herself, it's not fair to expect Kyle to lie and make excuses for her.

I truly believe Kim has a conditional sobriety that allows her to take psychotropic and anti-anxiety meds and whatever she finds on the floor around her ex-husband's bedside, and smoke pot.  So the only way Kim falls off the wagon is if she drinks alcohol.  So as long as Kim can sell it -there isn't going to be anyone telling her about her sobriety.  Reading her blog today was an example of one of the most over confident recovering addicts I have ever read.  I am sure her sponsor or life coach must be setting their hair on fire.  Kyle is not in a position to challenge Kim's conditional sobriety and quite frankly why put the energy into it?

To me at this point if Kim wants a relationship with Kyle she is going to have to work on it.  Kyle has done all she can to foster a relationship with Kim and  Kim doesn't want it.  Kyle has a husband, four well adjusted kids, a business and a hit show that can survive just fine without Kim.  Kyle and family travel and don't need Kathy or Kim to make their lives complete. 

Kim has Brandi, a part time dying ex-husband, no children at home and a big fat lawsuit hanging over her head and the love and support of a really bitchy sister.  I also find Kim a bit sleazy in her taste in men-except Kimberly's father. 

Brandi needed someone who would misbehave and try and take down Kyle, Lisa and any new ladies making their way on the show.  Perfect role for Kim.  The two scenes of Brandi and Kim being Lucy and Ethel were just pathetic.  Stalking JR and watching Eddie.  Now they can add making asses out of themselves at Eileen's. 

When Brandi gets backed into a corner she will burn Kim in a hot minute.

• Love 14

Kyle is still hesitant talking about Kim relapsing, so it is possible that she does not want to say that she called to get Kim help for when she gets home. It is also possible that Kyle called Mauricio to get his advice on her suspicions. When she went into the bathroom, she suspected Kim was on something but she did not know for a fact until after Kim came in and told her she took a pain pill. I think Kyle was in a panic and knew she was not equipped emotionally to handle the situation with Kim and called for advice.

I Agree. I also think there is probably a network of back-ups for Kim emergencies, and Kim is likely not aware of all the strategizing and crisis planning that goes on. I'm supposing that Kyle wouldn't out the network by explaining who and why she went to call. It'd just give Kim more targets and undermine the usefulness of their planning.

Do people really get sent home with Dilaudid? Damn. I got that intravenously after my cancer surgery, and it was the only time in my life that I have ever felt the allure of drug use. Didn't make me aggressive - I'd never felt warmer and more mellow towards the world. I would describe how incredibly awesome it was in awestruck detail but that feels trifling somehow when other posters here are bravely sharing their personal struggles and triumphs. Like many here, I have an addict in the family. She's not going to make it. Sounds horrendous to just say it like that, but it just is. Experiencing narcotics for myself gave me a lot to think about regarding her choices and how people's lives tip the scales in one direction or the other. I'm not fond of Kim, I think she's a charming, toxic narcissist, but I think there really is a lot of pain there even if Big Kathy only got the ball rolling and the last couple of decades or so it's just been self-inflicted wounds. Does Kim even know how to be an actual, no-training-wheels adult? What a terrifying thing to try to learn just as you're qualifying for AARP membership.

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 13