Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: House Of Cards

• Start Topic

I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but it was speculated that the woman you mention is also an ex-wife of his.  Or at least a wife he is separated from. 

Oooh I've gotta disagree with this.  Her voice gets that high-pitched, slightly-slurry pitch to it when she's had one too many.  It's a dead giveaway.  I think Brandi herself even mentioned it in her first season.   

I need to re-watch that scene again, but I thought it was Kyle who mentioned the "addictive personality" aspect in their limo conversation.  And, in response, Brandi said something in her TH about alcoholism being a disease, not a personality trait. In essence, trying to make Kyle look like an asshole for mentioning the "personality" aspect. 

What planet is Brandi from, huh? How could she say (without laughing) "I think that alcoholism is a disease." and she was referring to Kim! Well, take a look in the mirror honey because you share that disease (among others) with Kim. Duh lady, duh, duh and DUH! Alcoholism has been recognized by the AMA as a disease since 1956. Does Brandi think she's sharing a revelation and some deep insight into alcoholism? But Kim wasn't drunk, she was stoned on drugs. She was shooting off red flags like fireworks and Brandi only enabled her more by feigning support for her. That is the worst thing that anyone could do. Kim needs a lot more than Brandi's kid gloves and coddling which are clearly only indulging Kim for the sake of the cameras.  If Brandi genuinely wants to be supportive of Kim then she'd check herself into rehab WITH Kim. It would do both of them a world of good having that type of genuine support for each other.

• Love 9

Kyle's blog is interesting.   She's seen the light regarding Brandi - it's about time.  She says that when she and Kim left the bathroom, she (Kyle) thought everything between them was fine, and they hugged.

"Next thing I know Kim says to me "thanks for doing that," says she is leaving, and is clearly upset with me."

I wonder if Kim thought the bathroom conversation was private and didn't realize that Bravo was filming outside the door and picking up everything they were saying.   Kyle was whispering, Kim was not.  I wonder if afterwards, Brandi told Kim it was being filmed with a good dose of "your sister shouldn't have done that to you".

I put nothing past Brandi. Nothing. She's that desperate.

• Love 14

The show hit so close to home for me last night it actually infuriated me. Last week I finally had to cut my sister out of my life at least for now. After serving almost a year in jail (3 dui's) and me having to care for her kids (her husband divorced her while in jail) she's back using again and I called her out on it. She did the same thing as Kim tried to make herself the victim because of course I want her to be an addict (ridiculous). She made sure to make me aware of the great support system she has (other users/enablers) while always calling me to bring her from here,there, and everywhere. I just finally had enough. If the addict doesn't want to get help then there's nothing anyone can do. I love my sister more than anything but i can only love her to life I can't love her to death. I had to finally make a choice and choose myself. I truly hope Kyle does the same. Si sorry for the rant.

I'm so sorry to hear this, stay strong and take care of yourself, it's all you can do. I don't know how you managed to get through this episode without kicking in your tv screen. I know lying goes hand in hand with addiction but I'm so sick of Kim's lies . Monty took off, Monty is home, Monty gave her a pill, she mixed up her medication, she is in pain, the doctor prescribed the meds. It's freakin exhausting. God love Kyle ,she doesn't beleive a word of it either but plays along hoping the audience will beleive it . I wonder what it will take for Kyle to finally leave Kim to her own devices? I'm sure Kyle worries that if she isn't there to pick up the peices Kim may from her addiction. I second the vote that .kim is also a drug addict but that alcoholic seems more palatable to them.

As much as Kim wants to be known as zany and kooky. She is none of those things. She has a very dark side filled with rage, jealousy and entitlement. When she is active in her addiction those traits are given a voice.

• Love 14

I think the fact is that what goes on with Kim and Kyle has very little to do with cameras. That's why the eps where they have explosions are so compelling--you can actually tell you're watching real family drama there and ugly as it is you can't look away! 

Kyle has plenty of problems in the way she handles Kim, but Kim's the fiddler here as far as I can see. She controlled all the drama of the night (just as she always controls most things, down to never answering phone messages or letting people know for sure if she's coming or not). She wasn't getting herself out of there for some practical or smart reason, she was punishing Kyle by leaving and letting her know that it was Kyle's fault she was driving her off (which implies a threat of more self-destructive behavior on Kim's part as well). Brandi, I think, was perfectly described in princelina's excellent post--the drunk girl taking care of the other drunk girl. Who's actually totally enabling her-what exactly did nobody else "get" that Brandi "got" except that only the people using drugs have bad lives and care about each other. This may not come down to Brandi getting camera time, but I think all her drunken instincts were about positioning herself as the "real" sister of her addict friend and playing the part of the one who really understood what was going on. She didn't realize that to everyone in that room she and Kim probably seemed like one in the same. She'd been making everybody uncomfortable too.

Getting Kim off camera or not really didn't matter either way, imo. When Kim came back inside to stage her "I'm leaving because Kyle's a terrible person and is going to need to grovel at my feet again!" exit and Kyle then tried to get her to stay, I don't see what embarrassment Brandi was saving her from. It's not like Kim would have been given more drugs or alcohol back inside, and Kyle would only have been asking her exactly why she was suddenly angry with her. Kim had already been making a show of hating Kyle all night. So it seems like Kim's exit with Brandi's help didn't avoid any scandal, it just let Kim play out her drama the way she wanted where she left with her head high as the victim who said goodbye to the hosts and left Kyle wounded. I think it might have been much better for Kim to have to sit in the house surrounded by people who see her as she really is while she sobers up.

Really it's just more pathetic for Brandi to be bringing up their child acting careers. Yes, Kim was the It girl in ways Kyle never was, and I do think that's an important part of who they are so it's usually relevant.  But when Brandi brought it up like Kyle was still jealous it was just a reminder of how dude, Kim hasn't been getting parts like that since the early 1980s. Most people today don't know who she is. She was never a great actress. She wasn't even a great child actress. She was just cast a lot because she had a real appeal as a kid, particularly in the 70s. And given how sad her life is now it just gives Kyle more reason to feel sorry for her than be jealous of her.

• Love 15
I wonder if Kim thought the bathroom conversation was private and didn't realize that Bravo was filming outside the door and picking up everything they were saying.   Kyle was whispering, Kim was not.  I wonder if afterwards, Brandi told Kim it was being filmed with a good dose of "your sister shouldn't have done that to you".

I wouldn't be surprised if, after all this time with cameras being part of their day-to-day lives, many of the women sometimes forget about them, especially during alcohol-fueled parties (or pill-enhanced appearances).

• Love 4

Bravo should be held accountable for the enabling of Kim and the continued co-dependency of her sister on camera.

I know what you're saying, but they will take no responsibility for this episode or it's contents. They were lauding it as must-see TV on Facebook and elsewhere. They think it's fabulous.

Kim is ultimately who has to take full responsibility if she's to ever remain sober. Kyle cannot do it for her, no one can. She needs to remove herself from this ridiculous show and all of the fake set-up parties and events. I am not sure I, as someone who doesn't drink all that much, could handle the pressure of a show like this.

• Love 9

Remember that "life coach" that came to Kim's house last season, he seemed like nothing about him would really be a help to Kim in life or staying sober,,,I thought that going to meetings everyday would be part of your sobriety plan, so much for that life coach of hers.

I noticed that they did finally show Kyle's store again, the gladiator sandals are just not my thing, I am sure they were expensive.

Eileen's house is nice and cozy, (maybe has a bit too much stuff in it for me) why does Brandi need to even comment, if I were Eileen I would have said, "at least I own it!"

Lisa Rinna and Kim's limo ride was perfection, I hope that is the wake up call for Kim when she see's that episode.

I doubt it, Kim will always find a way to excuse her behavior , she is so used to others (Kyle, Mauricio, Kathy, her children, ex-husbands) picking up the tabs for her. This is all she knows, Kim thinks that if you love her then you cover for her, if you don't then it must mean you are jealous of her and resent her recovery.

Typical behavior of an addict, Kim is very much still an addict, she only got better at hiding it so it seemed like she was recovering but I can see how she only traded alcohol for painkiller, still substance abuse IMO.

• Love 7
It is interesting to note that the only indication we have that Brandi has had too much to drink is, she gets nasty.  No slurring, no staggering, no change in personality other than her attitude

Oooh I've gotta disagree with this.  Her voice gets that high-pitched, slightly-slurry pitch to it when she's had one too many.  It's a dead giveaway.  I think Brandi herself even mentioned it in her first season.

I disagree too and I feel like I can definitely tell when Brandi is loaded. To borrow a phrase from the Jersey Shore crowd, Brandi gets this "abducted" expression on her face where her eyes start to look tired and her head starts to tilt a bit. Her speech tends to get sloppy too and she starts slurring, lisping, and using her little girl voice.  

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 6
What planet is Brandi from, huh? How could she say (without laughing) "I think that alcoholism is a disease." and she was referring to Kim! Well, take a look in the mirror honey because you share that disease (among others) with Kim.

I noticed the editing kept going back and forth between Brandi's "pearls" about alcoholism and her downing a glass of some thing or another. If you have to bring multiple bottles AND glasses just for the car ride TO a party, you might just have a problem yourself. 

I must have missed this, what was that about?

I tend to ff sometimes.

In the limo they were talking about their fantasies, and I guess Brandi felt the other women came off as much more "prudish" than her, so that must be why their husbands all cheat on them. Except....um....isn't BRANDI the only one with a confirmed cheater under her belt? Chick makes no sense. 

• Love 10

Kim outed herself in this episode, not Kyle.

I have an addict sibling who has gotten so inebriated and caused many scenes that have had to be diffused, so my two cents.  If I had been Kyle, I would have gotten Kim out of there when she first wanted to leave - before Kyle asked her to stay for pizza.  We were guests at another person's home.  A scene was being caused.  IF I was concerned about her going home alone (which I think Brandi was sending Kim off to do), then I would have taken her home to my house or accompanied her home to see if Monty was really there.  If, as Kyle said on WWHL, that she was concerned about her going with Brandi, I would have gone with the two of them.  

My concern would be for my nephews/nieces not seeing their mother on tv again having a moment - that would trump my fears of enabling the addict.  What we had seen up until that point was not horrible. Kyle had been discreet up until this point.  Kim had been the obnoxious one.  Kim admitting to the "one pill" and the obnoxious behavior could be chalked up to the stress of caring for Monty and a small relapse, and we could get her back into her program.  Having her come into the kitchen and chit chat with the other women when she was clearly still under the influence was not going to be a good idea.  

I think if Kyle had just run and jumped in the limo with her, it wouldn't have escalated.  She would have fallen in with Brandi's purported plan of getting Kim out of there.  

• Love 3

This is from Kyle's blog

I can so see their mom saying this. One of you go forward and you drag you sisters behind you to set them up too. I still think Kyle in her youth may have been jealous of Kim but I think those feelings have long passed as they got older and Kim spiraled into whatever her life is now. I also don't blame Kyle for finally getting mad at Kim when Kim tried to shift blame and make is seem like Kyle outed her again. Kyle should be angry. I know addiction is a disease but I would be so hard pressed to not throttle my sister every time she destroyed her life with drugs and alcohol. Can you imagine how Kim's kids felt hearing about this and then seeing it play out on tv?

Brandi seems to enjoy playing to the narrative that she's the only one there for Kim. How long has she known Kim? 2-3 years? Is she nuts? Has she comforted Kim's children as she's gone of the rails? How often did she stay up at night worrying about what Kim is doing or where she is? Did she ever sit with crossed fingers hoping that this time the sobriety will stick? Kyle has lived with 20+ years of this shit. I have nothing but sympathy for her in this situation. I keep seeing her face. The panic and fear was palpable. She ran into the bathroom with her phone. I wonder who she went to call. I think that more than anything made Kim follow Kyle into the bathroom. She didn't want her telling anyone that she was fucked up.

On another note, Eileen has the best reactions to Brandi's antics. She lets them roll over her in such a glib way while her eyes say everything.

Can I get an amen? There are not enough up votes in the world to do this justice.

Zoeysmom , you are one step ahead of me with your " allergic" insight. You know she is going to come up with some crazy excuse for her behavior that doesn't make sense to anyone but her. Being an addict is a full time, exhausting job. I for one , wish Kim would just come out and say " I had a relapse, relapse is sometimes part of recovery and I will learn from this and move on". Unfortunately I have a lot of personal experience with addiction and so I've always been a Kim cheerleader but my goodwill for her has run out. I honestly don't beleive Kim has been truly sober at all on this show. As I have said before she is soberish but not sober. She may have been able to bs her family into believing that but she doesn't fool me or the other posters here.

• Love 6

I'd have paid good hard-earned money to have been an eavesdropper at Casa Hamlin/Rinna when Lisa was describing the limousine ride and the events of the evening to Harry Hamlin.  

I'll bet that shit was gold.

Hell, even platinum.  

• Love 21

I thought I read somewhere that Brandi said the viewers would side with her and Kim after this episode. Um, not a chance in hell. I think Brandi has been drunk in every episode this season.

Kim was totally creepy in the limo with Lisa. What was with all the whispering? I was totally waiting for her to say, "REDRUM"!

At the poker table I was waiting for Kim to tell LisaR, "Why don't you go blow up your lips some more!"  Ahhh...memories.

Hey--how does Miss Vanderfabulous always seem to miss the epic Kim meltdowns? First Game Night and now this...

• Love 10

I'm so sorry to hear this, stay strong and take care of yourself, it's all you can do. I don't know how you managed to get through this episode without kicking in your tv screen. I know lying goes hand in hand with addiction but I'm so sick of Kim's lies . Monty took off, Monty is home, Monty gave her a pill, she mixed up her medication, she is in pain, the doctor prescribed the meds. It's freakin exhausting. God love Kyle ,she doesn't beleive a word of it either but plays along hoping the audience will beleive it . I wonder what it will take for Kyle to finally leave Kim to her own devices? I'm sure Kyle worries that if she isn't there to pick up the peices Kim may from her addiction. I second the vote that .kim is also a drug addict but that alcoholic seems more palatable to them.

As much as Kim wants to be known as zany and kooky. She is none of those things. She has a very dark side filled with rage, jealousy and entitlement. When she is active in her addiction those traits are given a voice.

I wanted to kick Brandi people like her are who make addicts believe that the people who truly love and care about them are somehow out to do them harm and just want them to look bad. If everyone stood firm together the person with the addiction could not make themselves believe they are fooling people around them. Kim is an addict and she is no longer in recovery if infact she was ever in recovery.

• Love 9

I disagree too and I feel like I can definitely tell when Brandi is loaded. To borrow a phrase from the Jersey Shore crowd, Brandi gets this "abducted" expression on her face where her eyes start to look tired and her head starts to tilt a bit. Her speech tends to get sloppy too and she starts slurring, lisping, and using her little girl voice.  

Wait, there are times Brandi isn't loaded?

• Love 15

I only caught bits and pieces of last night's episode.  I have an ocean full of experience with a "decades old" pill addict.  I remember quite awhile ago, was it last season or ? when Kim was doing a TH during one of her supposed "clean and sober" periods I remember giving her the side-eye as she was talking and blinking.oh.so.very.slowly.as.if.in.slow.motion.or.delayed. 

This is exactly how my best friend since grade school acted when she was totally wasted no matter how much she protested.  Dead give away every single time - I quickly found that out.  I'm not saying Kim was never healthy at some stage of the game but I think Kim was secretly using while publically stating her sobriety at some point.  JMHO.

I also think that Kim was using something much stronger than Oxycontin during last night's episode as a few other posters mentioned.  Definitely.  I would also bet the farm that she was regularly taking Monty's drugs either with his blessing (doubtful) or not.  I believe Kim really does love Monty to pieces and does want him living with her for the right reasons but I also believe wholeheartedly that she's downing Marty's pills.

Kim mentioned in the past that Marty would come and go at will, take off for a few days, or weeks without telling her and then just pop up again at her house but Marty being MIA due to Kim's drug-use is not a far-fetched scenario IMO.

My eyes about rolled out of my head and on to the floor when Kim made Marty's cancer all about her during the limo ride.  TYPICAL drug-addict behavior.  Of course I can only speak regarding my personal experience dealing with a pill addict but I agree with the poster up thread who surmised Kim was poly-addicted and on more than just pills at the poker party.

When my BFF was just on pills only she'd be mellow, euphoric - just.deliberately.slow.delayed.a.tad.off.   When my friend mixed pills, alcohol, and smoking (hey, even cigars will give you a rush if you are not a regular cigarette smoker!)  Man, she was one NASTY individual.  Verbally vicious beyond reason.  Kim was giving me major flashbacks during the party.

I co-sign that Kyle feels guilty and should attend NA meetings or addiction meeting(s) for family members.  I got the Hilton unauthorized biography from library because a poster on some message board said it was a great read but the writing was sooooo terrible that even with juiciness promised I couldn't get past the 1st few chapters.  Couldn't do it.

Kudos To Lisa Rinna for quickly calling Kim out in the limo.  Loved it.  Eileen and Vince's poker party went downhill in record time.

Brandi is the hugest POS in the free world.  That's all I got.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 12

I know what you're saying, but they will take no responsibility for this episode or it's contents. They were lauding it as must-see TV on Facebook and elsewhere. They think it's fabulous.

Kim is ultimately who has to take full responsibility if she's to ever remain sober. Kyle cannot do it for her, no one can. She needs to remove herself from this ridiculous show and all of the fake set-up parties and events. I am not sure I, as someone who doesn't drink all that much, could handle the pressure of a show like this.

Except that Kim has no control really and unfortunately -- I'm sure she needs the pay check and I suspect that the Umanskys very much want her to have that paycheck as it lightens their financial load.  I get what you're saying but a relationship with a network and a job isn't the same thing as a relationship with an actual family member or human being.  Bravo has a corporate responsibility. They may even have a legal responsibility -- I don't know.  I'm sure they do. There is zero doubt in my mind that, regardless of Kim's relationship to her own using, the network is exploiting her and her often not terribly bright sis. And asking us to keep signing off on this crap and keep caring.  I don't care anymore. Do your thing, Kim. 

The conversation we will never witness is the one where Kim (and Kyle) admits that she can't live without using, that it's just too hard, painful, and uncomfortable for her. That her periods of relapse are the only ones where she gets to give expression to give her true feelings of anger and despair--and that she has no other outlet because the other Kim, the I love my life chick, is a massive lie.  I wonder sometimes -- and this is a horrible thing to say -- if she wouldn't in some ways be better off trying to learn how to be a more functional user.  Going back on whatever she's hooked on after an extended period of abstinence always makes the relapse that much more dramatic because your system is getting just a mega bang of a jolt upon re-entering the atmosphere.  

In the real world, if your employer truly demands that you be sober and you're not and on the job relapsing, your ass gets fired.  Bravo wants it both and all ways -- I do hold them responsible for their decisions here.  Kim as we see her on their network simply isn't going to make it.  That's on her first and foremost but are they being responsible in their professional dealings with her?  Hell no. Would they sanction someone actively, literally killing themselves with a pistol on their show -- because it reflects the reality of that person's life? I don't think so and I think this situation is akin to that. 

Brandi's an ass but Brandi has an understanding of the fact that Kim is never really going to be sober. And that getting on her about it repeatedly just makes the situation worse.  

Anyway, after all these years, it's hard to invest too much more into this scene.  Both sisters seem incapable of handling themselves at game nights!  Seriously, who the hell doesn't know the basic concepts behind poker, living where they do and being exposed to the entertainment industry the way they are? You can pick up the basics of poker from watching movies!  

Eileen's house looks like a theme park house out of Old Tucson.  I'm a bit of an over-decorator myself if I let myself go entirely.  Scale back the knick-knacks and decorative items by a 1/3 to a half and your joint is going to look even more amazing. 

Lisa R and Eileen both earned their paychecks this time around. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 5
I'd have paid good hard-earned money to have been an eavesdropper at Casa Hamlin/Rinna when Lisa was describing the limousine ride and the events of the evening to Harry Hamlin. 

I'll bet that shit was gold.

Hell, even platinum.

I picture a scene from Mad Men, where Harry was way in the background at his desk, and looked up at some dramatic goings-on in the hall--and he made a hilarious WTF? face. That's what I picture his response as if Lisa told him about the night's events. I wish I could find a picture of it.

• Love 6

Someone mentioned that Kyle had "exposed" Kim's substance abuse in public again. In all fairness, Kyle went to the bathroom when she got upset. She didn't say anything to Kim, or anyone else, but Kim pursued her and wanted to know what was going on. Kyle whispered to her her concerns about Kim's behavior and what she suspected caused it. She didn't say anything in front of the other women, and when she went back she started talking about how embarrassed she was at not being able to play poker. Kim went up to her and sarcastically "thanked" her. Kyle didn't seem to know what Kim meant and that's why she kept trying to get an answer about why Kim was upset. This was a far cry from her earlier calling out of Kim. I think she was trying to keep her concerns quiet, and it was Kim who "went there."

Edited by renatae
  • Love 17

Bravo should be held accountable for the enabling of Kim and the continued co-dependency of her sister on camera. If Kim overdoses, they will have to address the issue. Don't see them doing so otherwise. Kim doesn't really want to quit -- and that's her choice. If she were to just say so, Bravo might have to cut her off. As long as she professes to want to stop, they can pretend they are helping her and offering a platform for the general issue.

I agree that Bravo should be held accountable for the enabling of Kim's addiction. It was one thing when they were in the dark for season 1, but since her alcoholism was disclosed, I don't think she's ever been sober, and they must have known, yet they're complicit in letting Kim lie. It all makes for some pretty heavy drama, esp. with Kyle in the mix, and drama = ratings. It's similar to that awful reality show about Anna Nicole Smith on the E! network, where she literally slurred her way through every scene, with the cameras and producers there for every second of it, and we all know how that ended.

I think that the Housewives franchise is at a bit of a crossroads. Will they continue to give contracts to HW's that commit crimes and go to prison, and cast the shows with alcoholics who drink and party openly (Brandi) or in hiding (Kim)? Cuz this isn't what the shows started out as, and it feels like trouble.

• Love 11

Someone mentioned that Kyle had "exposed" Kim's substance abuse in public again. In all fairness, Kyle went to the bathroom when she got upset. She didn't say anything to Kim, or anyone else, but Kim pursued her and wanted to know what was going on. Kyle whispered to her her concerns about Kim's behavior and what she suspected caused it. She didn't say anything in front of the other women, and when she went back she started talking about how embarrassed she was at not being able to play poker. Kim went up to her and sarcastically "thanked" her. Kyle didn't seem to know what Kim meant and that's why she kept trying to get an answer about why Kim was upset. This was a far cry from her earlier calling out of Kim. I think she was trying to keep her concerns quiet, and it was Kim who "went there."

Kim exposed her own damned self, just like she did at the previous, now infamous game night.

Why is it when people get especially fucked up, they think no one will be able to tell?  Hell, I can tell when Mr. Persnickety has had one beer too many within 2 words out of his mouth or just by looking at his demeanor, yet he still sometimes tries to bullshit me into thinking he's only had 1 or 2.

And, Kim, you were never that great an actress, even in your proverbial golden days.  Nobody could pull off being that fucked up on whatever substance(s) you ingested/inhaled/smoked to come off looking "sober."  

I have to admit, I'm sitting here now kind of giggling at how production really set up those limo rides.

Kyle + Brandi + 2-3 bottles of liquor + 2 glasses:  "I see the party has already started."  Well, yes, Kyle it has, but fasten your seatbelt 'cuz you ain't seen nothing yet.

Rinna + Kim + gawd knows what substances:  "It's whack-a-doodle time."  Why, yes, yes it is, Lisa.  You need to fasten your seatbelt, too, because you ain't seen nothing yet, either.

I had read a few years ago that the women have no say in who rides with who on these limousine rides.  I remember when Alexis on RHOC got stuck with an extremely inebriated Sarah Winchester, and everyone assumed she had brought Sarah as her guest until Alexis clarified that Bravo had sent the limo and told her that she'd be riding with Sarah Winchester.

I'll bet production had a field day when they saw the state Kim was in...And I can actually see wonky-eyed devil himself Andy instructing them to put a whacked out Kim in the limo with Rinna to make Rinna earn her Bravo paycheck.  And she was so happy and excited when she opened the door to get into the limousine.  

And everyone knows how Kyle felt about a drunken Brandi, so, hey, let's put those 2 together as well and see what happens. That "friendship" is strained enough, so let's up the ante and see how Kyle copes with it.  

I really can understand Kyle rambling on and on in the limo with Brandi.  I'm sure she was uncomfortable as soon as she saw Brandi was already halfway to messy drunk when the limo picked her up and knew it was only going to go downhill.  Perhaps Kyle will learn once and for all not to try to tame the snake known as Brandi, because her particular brand of venom is extremely poisonous.  

I can't wait for next week and thanks to whoever posted above about VVP peeking through the garage window.  When I was watching the preview, I thought maybe it was a neighbor who heard the shenanigans and was trying to get a peek at what was going on.

On another note, I was glad to see that, while Kyle didn't go into any detail about Kim's oh-so-obvious relapse, she didn't try to cover for Kim's sorry ass, either.

Baby steps, Kyle, but do step away from that train wreck sister and let her hit her rock bottom, whatever that may be.  As long as someone is always there to bail her ass out, she'll never get sobriety to "stick."  

I've been through a similar route with my brother.  I totally understand almost every emotion Kyle was experiencing during poker night.

Sometimes the only way you can prove you love an addict is to just sever the ties and let them figure things out for themselves.

Hopefully this is a lesson Kyle learns, for her own sanity and for the sake of her family, who surely must have been through the wringer with Kim on countless occasions.

Okay, now back to giggling about those limousine rides from hell...  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 11

I think that the Housewives franchise is at a bit of a crossroads. Will they continue to give contracts to HW's that commit crimes and go to prison, and cast the shows with alcoholics who drink and party openly (Brandi) or in hiding (Kim)? Cuz this isn't what the shows started out as, and it feels like trouble.

It feels like a combo of Network and American Dreamz -- or like another combo of Psycho and American Psycho. (Brandi and Portia of Atlanta share a certain crazy-dumb kind of street intuition). 

• Love 3

This is one of those rare occasions where I can't fault anyone- except Kim for taking the pills (side note: I'm really glad Bravo left the Kim/Kyle conversation in so we aren't speculating about whether she even took something).  And even her I can sort of understand, because she's an addict.  I think the last scenes were pretty real, with people just reacting without thinking.  Brandi wanted to get Kim off camera.  Kyle seemed to me to physically shift realizing something was off with Kim, and she was worried about her sister.  They weren't perfect, but they were human, imho.  It's hard to criticize their actions, from my perspective.

I agree with this 100%.  I don't think Kim was in the mindset of thinking whether or not she wanted camera time or needed to pull a disappearing act.  She was high on something and therefore not thinking rationally. Just watching her in the car with LisaR was cringeworthy and then seeing her during the poker lesson.  What a juxtaposition between those scenes and the scene with her in the beginning at the wine tasting where she was lucid and calm.

I was married to an alcoholic and I had shades of recognition seeing Kyle's facial reactions and body language.  I don't believe she was trying to expose her sister in the slightest.  I think she panicked once she picked up the very recognizable symptoms of addiction from Kim.   

As much as Brandi generally annoys me, I think she thought the best course was for Kim to leave.  Was it?  Probably not, if she was leaving to go back to her house where prescription drugs were waiting.  I do think if I had been in her shoes and Kim's sister wanted to speak to her, I would have stepped out of the mix.

Eileen and Vince were very polite and understanding hosts, to both Kim and Brandi.  Brandi is a sloppy, rude drunk.  There is a previous post where Vince was mentioned as being the worst poker instructor ever but I think the teaching was highly edited in favor of getting Kim and Brandi misbehaving into the episode.

Regarding the pizza - - given that Brandi pointed out Vince and Eileen's house was fit for Norman Bates, I would assume they would stuff the pizza and mount it on the wall.

I wouldn't be surprised if, after all this time with cameras being part of their day-to-day lives, many of the women sometimes forget about them, especially during alcohol-fueled parties (or pill-enhanced appearances).

Personally, I think I would have a really hard time forgetting the cameras were there, no matter how wasted I was.  Especially in an enclosed space.  There's a photo online, can't find it now, of the Ho'wives on a beach.  Filming them is a full camera crew, with microphones on long poles, reflector things, etc. And there are the Hos, acting out a scene that we all saw when the episode aired.  Minus, of course, the crew. 

It forever changed the way I felt about the authenticity of these shows.  I mean, *I* can sometimes forget the cameras are there as I watch, but how can the Ho'wives when they are right there in their faces?  I think you have to be an actor, or have a strong, strong desire to be one, to be on a reality show.

p23_720_479_90.jpg

• Love 2

How is this Bravo's fault? Kim is the addict and she was one before she went on the show. She's also an adult and capable of making her own decisions. To me, making Bravo accountable for ANYTHING concerning Kim is just taking the accountability away from the one person who is responsible for her life.....Kim.

Kim knows she's an addict and knows she's filming. SHE chose to put Monty in the house knowing she's still in a fragile state. SHE chose to take whatever Monty had in the house. SHE chose to continue to tape the show. Kim is responsible for anything that gets shown on this show, not Bravo.

I have been to exactly one Al-Anon meeting to help a friend with a DUI (his SO, my good friend, refused to go. Go figure.) and what I took away was that the addict has to be left alone, that you as the on-looker are powerless to influence events.

Kim alone is responsible for Kim; the pressures of show biz, this show, her mother, her children, her sister, her despair are not reasons, but excuses. Remove all those pressures and she would still be drawn to forgetfulness and death as represented by being high.

Reality TV shows a lot of mental illness, as exhibited by obesity, hoarding, drinking nail polish, Internet pretense and so forth. If you want fiction, watch fiction. I have always taken these shows as documentary and never speculated about "producer-driven" this or that. As long as I am watching, I am no better or worse than "Bravo" and these functioning adults have to be assumed to have sufficient agency to determine the value of having their lives exposed in this way.

• Love 12

:-) And I'd like to go back to the post where someone mentioned that Brandi said she wanted to have sex with Vinnie?  I missed that part.

Although, watch Vinnie watch Brandi throughout the poker game.  I think he has a little crush on her, myself.

Yes - I was shocked when I heard her say that...isn't Brandi supposed to be the "scorned wives police" or something?  And, she gets all preachy about how HER husband/last boyfriend/latest random hookup cheated on her!! 

Also, I think that Vinnie (or Vince - which does he prefer?) was watching Brandi more out of astonishment and anticipation of what she would do/say next...

• Love 5

I was thinking last night that I could watch full episodes of just Lisa Rinna's THs.  She is so expressive and funny and nails the delivery.  Give her a show similar to Joel Hale's Talk Soup.  I'd watch that.

That said, I just visited Bravo's FB page and she is everyone's sweetheart.  Makes me nervous.  I hope she lands a good acting gig soon so she can git out while the gittin's good.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 13

Yes - I was shocked when I heard her say that...isn't Brandi supposed to be the "scorned wives police" or something? 

Can you tell me where in the episode she said that?  I missed it.  And I was shocked to read here that she said it because when I as I was watching, I sensed some flirting vibes between her and Vinny.  I totally wouldn't put it past Brandi to try to seduce him just to show Eileen that she could.

• Love 1

I was thinking last night that I could watch full episodes of just Lisa Rinna's THs.  She is so expressive and funny and nails the delivery.  Give her a show similar to Joel Hale's Talk Soup.  I'd watch that.

That said, I just visited Bravo's FB page and she is everyone's sweetheart.  Makes me nervous.  I hope she lands a good acting gig soon so she can git out while the gittin's good.

Even though I never watched her soap operas, I have loved Rinna since I read an interview with her years ago.

She has a bawdy and self-deprecating sense of humor that I just find really appealing and genuine.  

I find both Rinna and Eileen to be much-needed breaths of fresh air on this franchise.  

Can you tell me where in the episode she said that?  I missed it.  And I was shocked to read here that she said it because when I as I was watching, I sensed some flirting vibes between her and Vinny.  I totally wouldn't put it past Brandi to try to seduce him just to show Eileen that she could.

Ryebread, it was mixed in with the chatter when they were all sitting at the poker table and Vince was trying to explain something to the group.

Brandi said something along the lines of, "I want to have sex with him," to which Eileen shot her a look and said "Um, no" or something like that.

It was probably the type of statement David Foster was trying to shut down when he informed Hefty Bag Brandi that Babyface was married during the party at Casa Foster.

I didn't get the feeling VVP was flirting with Brandi at all.  I got the feeling he was trying to make the most of a very uncomfortable situation with two very broke down, busted, drunk-assed bitches sitting at the table.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

Also, I hate, hate, hate those gladiator "boots." But as for someone's comment that Kyle should style herself differently so as to look better standing next to Kim or whomever. I find that silly; if Kyle (or anyone) likes what's she's wearing--even dumb stupid strappy gladiator flat-soled boots--she should. She's short; who cares? So are a lot of people, myself included. My sister is five inches taller than I am; I'm not going to alter my wardrobe so I look better next to her.

I'm the one who said that.  Well the post you were referring to,  In no way did I say or even mean that Kyle should style herself according to Kim.  I simply meant that on watching the footage of her sister who is very similar in build and compare what that dress and pair of sandals made Kyle in compare in that moment.  It was ridiculous looking  I'm all for someone wearing what makes them comfortable.  To a degree.  But Kyle has said in her own comments both as to being on the show and when she started the store how into fashion she is.  So maybe she should look more the part.  Much more the part.  I find Kyle often dresses in a way that does not flatter her at all, and too often even goes into the area, like last night, into the realm of doing herself a disservice.  If Kyle doesn't care about her looks, fine.  If. Oh if.

It's interesting that all of us who have dealt with addicts can relate so completely to Kyle and are able to almost feel her emotions. It actually made my stomach hurt and I admit I had a hard time sleeping last night. That episode put the "real" back into real housewives. In the preview for next week Kyle is riding home with Lisa R who is being very truthful stating Kim is not sober . Kyle just sort of does an " I dunno", she never repeats what Kim said about the pain killer ( and really who the hell knows if that really even the truth) because she still is covering for Kim.

• Love 17

....but I also found Eileens house cluttered, knick knacky and accessorized like Disneys Haunted Mansion.

Perfect soundstage to Return to Witch Mountain.

LOL. Perfect. I thought it was awful.  She said eclectic. Nah. Carole Radziwill's home is eclectic. That said, Eileen clearly decorated it herself and if she loves it and her family is happy there, happy days.   

Thanks, persnickety. I'll go back and watch that scene.  For the 5th time.  My only excuse is the snow is coming down in buckets, the roads are icy and I've nothing else to do.  That's my story.

• Love 4

I think Kyle had the shit scared out of her when she watched Kim going back down that road.  And I don't blame her.  Watching that happening to someone you love and knowing that it could be the last time is sobering and scary as shit.  She doesn't want to believe it but is also scared about what will happen if she doesn't.  It's a mind fuck of epic proportions and I feel intensely bad for her.

• Love 17

Really and truly!  "I'm the icon of my generation!"  What on earth are you going on about, Gigi?  Cringe-inducing.  One of the many many reasons it serves young people to go to college and continue with their education is to knock SOME sense of perspective into their heads and teach them HOW to think.  And who is Yolanda trying to kid with this "It was so embarrassing stuff"about Gigi on the cover of HB?  These are the only accomplishments we hear this woman talk about, repeatedly -- on both Coasts. 

I thought Gigi was saying that the spread was about fashion icons and the editor that chose her for that spread told her that she (the editor) felt Gigi was the fashion icon of her generation.  Still obnoxious to say on camera, but I actually think Gigi was trying for humble, versus delusional.  

But I agree about college.  Stay in school, kids!

• Love 2

LOL. Perfect. I thought it was awful.  She said eclectic. Nah. Carole Radziwill's home is eclectic. That said, Eileen clearly decorated it herself and if she loves it and her family is happy there, happy days.   

Thanks, persnickety. I'll go back and watch that scene.  For the 5th time.  My only excuse is the snow is coming down in buckets, the roads are icy and I've nothing else to do.  That's my story.

Be prepared, it happens and is over very quickly but it's definitely in the mix and clear as a bell.

It's a typically inappropriate and tasteless Brandi comment.  Eileen's reaction is entertaining, though.  

• Love 6

I'm the one who said that.  Well the post you were referring to,  In no way did I say or even mean that Kyle should style herself according to Kim.  I simply meant that on watching the footage of her sister who is very similar in build and compare what that dress and pair of sandals made Kyle in compare in that moment.  It was ridiculous looking  I'm all for someone wearing what makes them comfortable.  To a degree.  But Kyle has said in her own comments both as to being on the show and when she started the store how into fashion she is.  So maybe she should look more the part.  Much more the part.  I find Kyle often dresses in a way that does not flatter her at all, and too often even goes into the area, like last night, into the realm of doing herself a disservice.  If Kyle doesn't care about her looks, fine.  If. Oh if.

Well, you said: "Holy Shit Kyle get a stylist already.  Walking beside Kim who many ways is just a slighter version of yourself as seen when you hug, in those sandals and that dress?"

Perhaps I misinterpreted, but I am not sure how when the comment specifically compares Kyle's appearance directly to Kim's. And, in fashion, there is no one single "part" to look. However misguided viewers may find Kyle's impression of what "the part" is, that's her interpretation. Being "into fashion" doesn't limit Kyle (or anyone) to one specific type of fashion, and "ridiculous looking" is in the eye of the beholder. Also,being "into fashion" isn't necessarily synonymous with being aware of what flatters a body type. Like I said before, I might be ridiculous-looking to some, but not to others or myself. Same for Kyle, who maybe thought, "Gladiator boots are in fashion; I am up on what's trendy, therefore I will wear (unflattering and ugly) gladiator boots so as to be trendy."

Personally, I think I would have a really hard time forgetting the cameras were there, no matter how wasted I was.  Especially in an enclosed space.  There's a photo online, can't find it now, of the Ho'wives on a beach.  Filming them is a full camera crew, with microphones on long poles, reflector things, etc. And there are the Hos, acting out a scene that we all saw when the episode aired.  Minus, of course, the crew. 

It forever changed the way I felt about the authenticity of these shows.  I mean, *I* can sometimes forget the cameras are there as I watch, but how can the Ho'wives when they are right there in their faces?  I think you have to be an actor, or have a strong, strong desire to be one, to be on a reality show.

p23_720_479_90.jpg

Oh, I don't think I'd forget either. But, you know, someone else might if it became routine or if they're airheads. Or drunk. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

Just a thought about learning poker: I can play cards and I love bridge, but the point of poker is not having a great hand, but convincing others at the table that you have a great hand. (As near as I can tell.). The "play" is only betting, which bores me. I agree with the poster upthread about gambling. I have a visceral disgust for gambling. So Kyle's confusion makes perfect sense to me. And all that shouting and crowing that B and K did about "winning" was stupid. You were dealt the cards, idiot; you didn't play anything.

• Love 6

The show hit so close to home for me last night it actually infuriated me. Last week I finally had to cut my sister out of my life at least for now. After serving almost a year in jail (3 dui's) and me having to care for her kids (her husband divorced her while in jail) she's back using again and I called her out on it. She did the same thing as Kim tried to make herself the victim because of course I want her to be an addict (ridiculous). She made sure to make me aware of the great support system she has (other users/enablers) while always calling me to bring her from here,there, and everywhere. I just finally had enough. If the addict doesn't want to get help then there's nothing anyone can do. I love my sister more than anything but i can only love her to life I can't love her to death. I had to finally make a choice and choose myself. I truly hope Kyle does the same. Si sorry for the rant.

I'm also sorry you're going through this. I knew someone who bought a house and found a young man living in the crawl space underneath. It turned out his parents sold the house while he was away on a bender and didn't tell him where they moved. They'd had enough of his drug addiction and couldn't take him returning all the time. It is sad and heartbreaking, but there are times you just have to walk away.

For some reason, I found this episode shocking. Maybe it was the mood I was in, but everything was so bizarre and rude and...preventable?

For one thing, I didn't understand the wine tasting. At first I thought Kyle didn't know there'd be a tasting, but Kim later (at their private lunch) said, "When you said it was a wine tasting I thought that would be okay" or whatever. So it was meant to be a tasting, just not a class. Well, inviting an alcoholic to even "just a wine tasting" is in Bad Taste! It's one thing to order a glass of wine with an alcoholic who can handle it...

And then, I hated the way Kyle kept looking over at Kim during the tasting, as if to draw attention to the fact that Kim is an alcoholic in case everyone had forgotten. The teacher asked Kim if she'd like to smell the wine, which indicated to me they hadn't informed her Kim was an alcoholic. Why not? Could have made things less awkward.

There are no words for Kim's behavior during the car ride with Lisa R. What that scene did, though, was endear me to Lisa R. I agree with a poster upthread - I also hope Lisa finds a new job because I'd hate for her to be poisoned by this franchise. So far, she seems really delightfull. Tough and cool. No nonsense, but also able to hold her own with the "classy people".

The poker game was horrendous. What I hated most was Brandi's throwaway line about "I feel like I should sleep with him!" (Vince) and Eileen saying "I don't think so" or whatever. I feel like Eileen is really laid back and calm, trying to figure out if she can trust these women, but she also doesn't strike me as someone who can handle their backstabbing ways. I think someone like Brandi probably believes Vince is open market (I can't think of the right phrasing) since he got together with Eileen by cheating on his last wife. I know this is a huge generalization, but I know three women who have been cheated on by their husbands (now ex-husbands). All three have admitted to sleeping with married men and that is one of the big reasons I know longer socialize with them (since my husband often comes with me when we hang out with friends). In all three cases, the women still cried over the fact that they had been cheated on (like Brandi does), but talked about dating and flirting with married men as if it was their right. While I don't think all women who are cheated on do this, I think it's a mistake to assume they won't do it because of their experience

I'd keep Brandi far away from my spouse. And I think Eileen should cut back on the group gatherings if Vince is around.

I also hated their overall behavior at the game. Like they didn't care to really learn how to play poker and were making fun of it. The name calling, cursing and screaming was just terrible.

Brandi critiquing Eileen's house was infuriating. Especially since the producers decided to do an aerial shot of the top os Lisa R's house and then immediately cut to an aerial shot of the top of Brandi's house. You could see a real difference between the two. So for Brandi to walk into Eileen's mansion and call it American Psycho was just too much.

I'm actually sorry Lisa V and Yolanda missed the poker game. I'm so curious how they would have reacted to Brandi and Kim.

Edited by slade3
  • Love 2

And all that shouting and crowing that B and K did about "winning" was stupid.

About the noise.  Between the shouting and crowing by Kimdi, Eileen's clanking on the wine glass, Lisa Rinna's natural loudness (did I see Eileen shush her?), I'll bet all of them dipped into a little ibuprofen when they got home. 

• Love 4

Wow. What could have and should have been a fun night turned into something so much more bizarre. Imagine hosting a fun get together and half of your guests show up already drunk/on something? Because that's what happened to Eileen and Vince. I felt so bad for them! Yes, she's getting a hell of a paycheck but wow, two totally whacked out of their minds co-housewives in your house? No thanks!

That limo ride was just so uncomfortable but so real. There were times when Kim seemed somewhat lucid and Lisa seemed to think they were just having fun and that she, Lisa, was in on the joke. And then suddenly Kim would turn ("You are disgusting...") and Lisa would immediately have to back pedal. It felt like a hostage situation! Lisa R. was trying to placate Kim and say just the right things without setting her off, and to buy Lisa time to get to Eileen's house and out of that car!

There was nothing Kyle was going to be able to do that was "right" in that situation. Kim came with an agenda. She said she was feeling ornery and I think Kim was, for whatever weird, twisted reason, gunning for her sister. But, it's like they play this weird little addict and enabler dance. Kim went back to say "goodbye" to try and goad Kyle with her "thanks a lot" remark and unfortunately, Kyle fell for it and started following her out of the house. Brandi, who herself needed to leave because she was already so drunk herself, was in no condition to be telling another drunk to leave, although I do think her little tiny drunk brain was trying to get Kim away from the cameras.

Yes, Kyle could have gone with Kim and yes, by Kim leaving, she could have ended up going home and getting into more pills, but yeah, the reality was that they were guests in someone else's house and it was best that messed up Kim leave. Kyle could have told the limo driver to only drive Kim to her house and no where else. Then, she could have checked in on her later. But, at the end of it, it's not Kyle's responsibility to babysit her sister. And Kyle herself is going to have to go into some sort of treatment to learn to disengage. Her panic and how upset she was seeing that her sister was using again was so palpable, though. She was in such a shitty situation and having drunk Brandi in the middle of it was not helping.

• Love 12

What planet is Brandi from, huh? How could she say (without laughing) "I think that alcoholism is a disease." and she was referring to Kim! Well, take a look in the mirror honey because you share that disease (among others) with Kim. Duh lady, duh, duh and DUH! Alcoholism has been recognized by the AMA as a disease since 1956. Does Brandi think she's sharing a revelation and some deep insight into alcoholism? But Kim wasn't drunk, she was stoned on drugs. She was shooting off red flags like fireworks and Brandi only enabled her more by feigning support for her. That is the worst thing that anyone could do. Kim needs a lot more than Brandi's kid gloves and coddling which are clearly only indulging Kim for the sake of the cameras.  If Brandi genuinely wants to be supportive of Kim then she'd check herself into rehab WITH Kim. It would do both of them a world of good having that type of genuine support for each other.

What I got from her little speech was that people are to forgive alcoholics/addicts because it is not their fault, it is just they way they are. They have no control over it so they can not be held accountable.....In other words, it is just another excuse that Brandi is using for herself and Kim. "We can't help it so it isn't our fault" BULLSHIT addict speak! 

• Love 9

Kim alone would be and Kim alone is except that something is going down Kim's throat, up her nose, and possibly in between her toes.  Someone is paying for all the fun Kim is taking into her frame. Whoever puts that cash into Kim's piggy bank is actively involved in Kim being the ratings spectacle that she is.  I wouldn't bet on her making it beyond the next decade, to be generous, with or without the Trump checks. But with the support and encouragement of Bravo in all this, cut that by half. 

Twirl Twirl Twirl Bravo Andy. 

• Love 3

Hi, beautiful people!  Just finished watching this freak show.  What WAS that?  I mean, what was THAT???  Kim, straight out of Alfred Hitchcock, had some kind of a babbling episode in the car.  It was nonsense to me.  She did everything but roll her eyes back into her head, and she may even have done that while I was yawning.

Second Hitchcock shot: Eileen's house, high on a precipice with spotlights turning it gold in the dark.  Enter the ladies (I use the term loosely).  Did any of them bring so much as a flower or a bottle of cheap wine?  Nope!  They trashed the place right in front of Eileen!  You'd think they'd never been in an antique shop before.  They proceeded to scream through the dullest game of poker I've witnessed lately.  Brandi was awarded something for winning and tried to give a speech, not that anyone (including me) cared.

Kim and Kyle ran off to the bathroom, something we've seen happen a dozen times before.  Those two can't get anything settled without sinks and tubs around them.  Turns out that little Kimmy had taken a pain pill.  Lawsy, lawsy, lawsy, Miz Scarlett!  We sat through one ENTIRE SEASON of Kim's dependencies; don't tell us you're starting THAT all over again!!! 

Somewhere in there, we were forced to watch another "promo" featuring the Hadid girls, their extraordinary modeling and their overjoyed mama.  How did that get in there?  If it was a chance for seriously ailing Yolanda to have some screen time, then I heartily approve.  She deserves it after all that she's been through.  Otherwise, it didn't quite fit.

I must remember to write BRAVO a thank you note for including shots of the girls in Ojai during their asinine romps.  What was that doing there?  Another misplaced clip.

This is all just my opinion, but I think we got taken -- AGAIN!  What happened to the good old days in BH?  Every week gets worse, IMHO, and this one takes the cake!  Someone has laced the writers' tea with psychedelic substances, and we're the ones who suffer.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 7

I don't know if it's because they were in NYC, but every scene with Yo and her daughters, I kept seeing an episode of Law & Order SVU in the making. Partying models, running with the fast crowd (Beiber? Seriously?) and bad things happening. This entire episode gave me the willies.

• Love 6

Three things about this photo:  1.) Cameras!  Even behind the desk at the airport.  So easy, as a viewer to forget they're there.  2.)  Kim looks wasted - surprise!  and  3.) Look at the size of Mauricio's feet. Whoa.

article-2173418-140DCBE8000005DC-221_634

• Love 7

Kyle's blog is up and it helped some of this make sense.  

As someone else mentioned, Kyle said that she and Kim hugged in the bathroom before they walked out. Kyle said that for "obvious reasons" she was trying to just whisper what she was saying to Kim. Clearly she didn't want it to be picked up. She thought they left the bathroom in a good place. She said she was actually relieved when Kim told he about taking the pill, because that was a step in the right direction on one front. In the past Kim would have never owned up to something like that. She walked into the kitchen with Eileen and Lisa to have some grub and they were laughing and it looked like whatever tension had existed earlier was gone.  What Kyle didn't realize until she saw the show was that Kim walked out of the bathroom and spoke to Brandi. She told Brandi that Kyle had made her feel uncomfortable. That we saw, she didn't further explain what she meant by that. Brandi says something about being the only one who can really understand what Kim is going through, and reminds her that she is the one who is there for her. Kim wants to say goodbye before she leaves, but Brandi doesn't think it is a good idea. I think that Brandi knew that Kim was mad at Kyle and that she might start some shit, but Kyle didn't know any of this at the time. She thought they were OK. When Kim walks into the kitchen and says she is leaving, Kyle talks her into having one piece of pizza and then going home.  On second viewing it didn't really look like Kyle was trying to get Kim to stay for a long time, just have a quick bite and head home. At that point nothing looks strange. Then Kim says something mean to Kyle and walks away. Kyle asks her what she means and follows her. I honestly don't think Kyle had any idea what Kim was talking about or why she was upset in that moment, and just wanted to figure out why she was pissed at her. The fact that Brandi wouldn't let Kyle get close to Kim clearly pissed Kyle off. Especially since she had no idea what was going on. 

• Love 20

Haha--I cannot fathom what people "want" with those horrid boots! But, on the other hand, wear what you want; life is too short--we have to get dressed every day (more or less) so make it fun. I am sure people look at me like I'm a crazed loon for my '70s vintage dresses that either graze the floor (and sometimes trip me up) or barely cover my bum. Kyle's on film, which I've heard adds girth or something, and she's among a few tall chicks. So, she's gonna look short and maybe even a bit squat no matter what she wears, even though she's got a good body from what I can see.

She's had four children, fer chrissakes! She looks great to me.

• Love 4

I don't know if it's because they were in NYC, but every scene with Yo and her daughters, I kept seeing an episode of Law & Order SVU in the making. Partying models, running with the fast crowd (Beiber? Seriously?) and bad things happening. This entire episode gave me the willies.

Thanks for the good laugh.  And oh so true. Still funny as shit. 

• Love 3