Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: House Of Cards

• Start Topic

How do you know she doesn't examine her actions? Maybe she just doesn't want to do so in the public eye. I'm not saying Kim shouldn't be responsible for her actions, I just don't like to see people jump to kick her when she is down. I haven't seen her do terrible things to anyone. Has she lied, yeah....who hasn't?

Thinking from Kim's perspective  - I think Kim was loud and obnoxious at the poker table.  Brandi was too.  But I get the feeling that Lisa Rinna was too.  She was part of the back and forth that night with those two.  We saw the beginning and final hands of poker I would wager.  Everyone was holding cigarettes and drinking, and they were all loud and yelling.  I would like to see the unedited version of that night.  It seems like Brandi and Kim were going after only Kyle the entire night (and they were insulting her pretty regularly), but you can see the Lisa R is pretty active and Kyle is engaged in the game. Eileen said teaching "these women" was like trying to wrangle cats. Vince didn't seem shocked at all and was really kind of gracious to Brandi when she won.  So in Kim's mind she thinks it was a raucous night.

I think things only got really awkward was when Kim started making sexual references to Kyle with the cigar case.  But that got shut down pretty quickly because Kyle got up and left.  So when Kim goes back and looks at the episode and thinks back at the entire night that she lived through, she probably thinks, "heck we were all loud and obnoxious."  The real drama happened between Kyle and Brandi because Kyle and I are ok now except for the dog bite, and Brandi still loves me.

She looks at the whole night like a slip off the wagon where she got back on afterwards.  

• Love 2

Thinking from Kim's perspective - I think Kim was loud and obnoxious at the poker table. Brandi was too. But I get the feeling that Lisa Rinna was too. She was part of the back and forth that night with those two. We saw the beginning and final hands of poker I would wager. Everyone was holding cigarettes and drinking, and they were all loud and yelling. I would like to see the unedited version of that night. It seems like Brandi and Kim were going after only Kyle the entire night (and they were insulting her pretty regularly), but you can see the Lisa R is pretty active and Kyle is engaged in the game. Eileen said teaching "these women" was like trying to wrangle cats. Vince didn't seem shocked at all and was really kind of gracious to Brandi when she won. So in Kim's mind she thinks it was a raucous night.

I think things only got really awkward was when Kim started making sexual references to Kyle with the cigar case. But that got shut down pretty quickly because Kyle got up and left. So when Kim goes back and looks at the episode and thinks back at the entire night that she lived through, she probably thinks, "heck we were all loud and obnoxious." The real drama happened between Kyle and Brandi because Kyle and I are ok now except for the dog bite, and Brandi still loves me.

She looks at the whole night like a slip off the wagon where she got back on afterwards.

Lisa dropped out when the word "stupid" was directed at her. She remonstrated woth B, but backed down when E asked for some peace. After Brandi "won" her trophy, she referred to the others, including Kim, as "stupid" several times. I don't think that E was concerned about good-humored loud talking, just the hostile and obscenity-laden noise that B was delivering.

Lisa dropped out when the word "stupid" was directed at her. She remonstrated woth B, but backed down when E asked for some peace. After Brandi "won" her trophy, she referred to the others, including Kim, as "stupid" several times. I don't think that E was concerned about good-humored loud talking, just the hostile and obscenity-laden noise that B was delivering.

Eileen was talking to Kim when she said, "What are you talking about?"  And what we saw was an edited version of the entire night.  I don't think Lisa was fighting with Brandi, I just think she and the rest of them all were being loud and obnoxious.  I think the editors highlighted the fact that Brandi and Kim were being insulting toward Kyle, but that Kim also had Lisa R in her sights.  But Kim looking back on the night wouldn't think her own behavior was that out of the ordinary. Kim herself may have stepped over the line with her vulgar comments which sent Kyle from the table, but they made up in the bathroom.  It was a raucous night.  Kyle and Brandi had a fight over her.  They were the ones who made the big scene.  If Kim were reflecting upon the evening, she wouldn't think her own behavior was that bad for someone who had a slip and got back on the wagon.  The big drama was between Kyle and Brandi.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 2

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi702847769

When I watch this, Kyle was coming after Kim hard. She seems just as drunk and more out of control than Kim does. She cornered her and attacked her.

Kim left the party and left the entire cast waiting to finish filming.  Kim threw the first bomb about the house stealing.  Kyle admitted last episode that she was so angry and I do agree out of control but not drunk.  I have to say that happened five years ago and since then Kim has had two rehabs. Kyle has done everything these last two episodes not to reveal Kim's "slip" to the other cast members.  So I would say Kyle has learned that first and foremost hiding Kim's "slips" is the only way she will stay in favor with Kim and Kathy Hilton.  To me, that is just messed up.  Kim "slips" puts it on the air and the world waits to see if Kyle will acknowledge them publicly and if she does she is the bad sister.  Kyle also is consistently called untruthful because she won't publicly acknowledge the "slips".  If anyone else on the cast does it they are a bad person and don't have any empathy for Kim's situation..  If Kim wants to keep the anonymous in her alcoholism and poly drug use-quit the show. 

• Love 6

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi702847769

When I watch this, Kyle was coming after Kim hard. She seems just as drunk and more out of control than Kim does. She cornered her and attacked her.

Yes she did.  She's just as drunk as Kim - just prettier.  And more aggressive. I think Kim could have spilled far more secrets in that limo other than the one about Kyle stealing her house.  But Kyle kept shushing her and then ran for cover. Kim called Kyle a big phony.  I agree.

• Love 4

Kim left the party and left the entire cast waiting to finish filming.  Kim threw the first bomb about the house stealing.  Kyle admitted last episode that she was so angry and I do agree out of control but not drunk. 

That is correct.  Kim left the party and Kyle had to follow her. Again.  When is that drama queen going to get the message that when Kim wants to leave a party, Kyle should just let the airhead go.  Because maybe, the limo fight wouldn't have happened.   And maybe, Eileen wouldn't have almost had a brawl in her driveway.  But then she and her sister wouldn't be the main attraction for so many seasons.

I disagree that Kim threw the first bomb.  She was relatively calm and asked Kyle to stay away from her. (Where have we heard that before?) but Kyle keeps coming and coming.  Calling her insane twice and then saying that EVERYBODY is sick of her crap.  Kyle brought others into the argument.  Not Kim.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 4

That is correct.  Kim left the party and Kyle had to follow her. Again.  When is that drama queen going to get the message that when Kim wants to leave a party, Kyle should just let the airhead go.  Because maybe, the limo fight wouldn't have happened.   And maybe, Eileen wouldn't have almost had a brawl in her driveway.  But then she and her sister wouldn't be the main attraction for so many seasons.

I disagree that Kim threw the first bomb.  She was relatively calm and asked Kyle to stay away from her. (Where have we heard that before?) but Kyle keeps coming and coming.  Calling her insane twice and then saying that EVERYBODY is sick of her crap.  Kyle brought others into the argument.  Not Kim.

The thing that made Kyle the phoniest was covering for her drunken sister's antics all Season 1.  At the end of a day this isn't a documentary it is a pay for play event.  Contractually they are obligated to be there for certain events.  Apparently, Adrienne and production weren't having any luck moving Kim's pampered and perpetually tardy ass back to venue to finish shooting.  Kim brought the others into the argument when she said she didn't like any of them-to their faces no less.  She also made a reoccurring ass out of herself when she told Taylor to leave her own party.  That was five years ago.

Last night I think Kyle has some concern for Kim and Kim never once said she wanted to leave-Brandi said she wanted Kim to leave.  Again the party isn't over and we have Kim screwing stuff up because she is impaired.  She doesn't get to do it-she signed up for a reality show that films certain events.  If she chooses to arrive impaired she doesn't get to shut down shooting because she made a bad choice.  Money doesn't flow that way it Hollywood.  Had she shown up screwed up at a scripted show-different set of rules.  The conversation between Kim and Kyle in the driveway wasn't all that extreme.  It was Brandi interfering that caused the drama.  Although Kim came off poorly and her anger at Lisar was misplaced they could have just as easily had the conversation in the kitchen eating pizza if Brandi had not decided to become so cloying over Kim.  Brandi wanted a few more rounds with the other women and Kim realized she had gone too far, so Brandi decided to get Kim out of the picture.

Kyle has given her reasons for wanting to check on Kim in her blog and I find them believable. 

• Love 1
If Kim were reflecting upon the evening, she wouldn't think her own behavior was that bad for someone who had a slip and got back on the wagon.

I have to say I definitely disagree. If Kim watched the entire episode (and I'm not for a moment convinced that she did) she would have seen that her behavior was inappropriate and would have at the minimum apologized for it in her blog. Let's start with the car ride. She's weird with LisaR right off the bat and makes the poor woman have an uncomfortable car ride the entire way over. LisaR confirms in her THs and her blogs that Kim was out of her fucking mind--I'm sure the unedited version of that car ride would have been super embarrassing for Kim's family. Just the way she was continually telling Lisa "fuck you" "you're disgusting" was totally out of line but Kim won't even so much as address it. She wants people to believe it was one of her kooky moments that should be glossed over. Nevermind LisaR wondering if anything really, really crazy is going to happen. I mean Kim was randomly kicking her leg out and talking about how she's feeling "ornery". Then she lies to LisaR's face about having taken something. I think all of this stuff is why Kim ended up going after LisaR later on in the evening. She was paranoid about what Lisa would say and was essentially punishing her for witnessing Kim's whacked out behavior. 

Once they actually get to the party again we have reasons where Kim can see that her behavior really was that bad. She was rude with Vince and snapped at him. She hurled another "fuck you" at LisaR. She was rude to Eileen and tried to turn it on Eileen when Eileen started questioning Kim. 

As far as the other supposedly being loud, I feel like it was clear that Kim and Brandi were the only ones who were loud and obnoxious. I don't even remember Kyle, Eileen or Vince getting loud to be honest. LisaR had a couple of moments but she was responding to Kim's outrageous behavior. Maybe it's expecting too much of Kim to be able to recognize that the entire car ride was flat out bizarre but I feel like even she should be able to understand that calling people names and telling them to fuck off is bad behavior and should be addressed if she wants to continue to film with these people.  

• Love 5

Last night I think Kyle has some concern for Kim and Kim never once said she wanted to leave-Brandi said she wanted Kim to leave. 

Kim calmly went back into the kitchen to say goodnight and that she was leaving because Monty was home.  So she did say she wanted to leave. 

However, I don't think you and I are that far away in our thinking. Kim said she wanted to leave - last night and limo night.  But did she really want to?  Probably not, either time.  She wanted to lob, "Thanks for doing that" to Kyle.  She's screwed up and wants to create drama.  I expect more from Kyle because she's apparently been down this road for how many years?  Either she just doesn't know how to deal or she digs that this drama is playing out for our viewing pleasure.

I think it's a little of both.

• Love 1

Kim left the party and left the entire cast waiting to finish filming.  Kim threw the first bomb about the house stealing.  Kyle admitted last episode that she was so angry and I do agree out of control but not drunk.  I have to say that happened five years ago and since then Kim has had two rehabs. Kyle has done everything these last two episodes not to reveal Kim's "slip" to the other cast members.  So I would say Kyle has learned that first and foremost hiding Kim's "slips" is the only way she will stay in favor with Kim and Kathy Hilton.  To me, that is just messed up.  Kim "slips" puts it on the air and the world waits to see if Kyle will acknowledge them publicly and if she does she is the bad sister.  Kyle also is consistently called untruthful because she won't publicly acknowledge the "slips".  If anyone else on the cast does it they are a bad person and don't have any empathy for Kim's situation..  If Kim wants to keep the anonymous in her alcoholism and poly drug use-quit the show. 

That's not the point. Kyle came after Kim and attacked her. She was out of line but that's okay because she is poor, long suffering, Kyle who has had to deal with Kim. You think that Kyle's statement that their mother had to die worrying about Kim was less terrible than what Kim said? How about calling her insane and saying everybody thinks so? I think Kyle "gave" better than she got that night.

• Love 3

That's not the point. Kyle came after Kim and attacked her. She was out of line but that's okay because she is poor, long suffering, Kyle who has had to deal with Kim. You think that Kyle's statement that their mother had to die worrying about Kim was less terrible than what Kim said? How about calling her insane and saying everybody thinks so? I think Kyle "gave" better than she got that night.

I disagree with the word attack but I will say she did confront her and it wasn't pretty.  Again when you go after someone's husband and his business reputation you are affecting the living.  Just this week Kim was mad at Kyle because she was embarrassed instead of worried about Kim. So I think Kim wants people to worry about her.   It was five years ago time to move on and live in the present.  These women will never get well if the two defining moments in their lives are the limo scene and Game Night.   Kyle has paid and paid for the limo scene and Game Night.  Kim has always been excused for her behavior both times because she is an alcoholic and cannot be held responsible for her actions. 

ETA I appreciate people taking umbrage and the overuse of psychiatric terms.  I don't like it when people go after one's mental status as an attack but I think as a society it is a short cut.  Instead of saying you are behaving in an irrational manner-it becomes you are insane or crazy or certifiable.  Even Vince, who I like, described Brandi as "psycho" after the wine throwing incident.  I don't think he truly meant psycho but again a shortcut.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

She only said that about the house AFTER Kyle got ugly first. All I am saying is these things you pointed to that Kim has done that are so terrible are taken out of context. Kim was wrong about Kyle saying she was embarrassed by her on poker night but maybe, that has been a part of their past.  I also suspect that Kim probably has reasons to feel like all these ladies are hypocrites.

• Love 2

She only said that about the house AFTER Kyle got ugly first. All I am saying is these things you pointed to that Kim has done that are so terrible are taken out of context. Kim was wrong about Kyle saying she was embarrassed by her on poker night but maybe, that has been a part of their past.  I also suspect that Kim probably has reasons to feel like all these ladies are hypocrites.

Kim said the stuff about the other ladies before they got in the limo. The biggest issue I think had to do with Kim showing up both late and drunk. I would be embarrassed not worried if my sister told "my" friends she didn't like them.  I am quite certain if Kyle had it to do all over she would have never gone to the limo and ended  the day.  At this time this was not a show that was guaranteed to be picked up by Bravo.   I am certain there was a fair amount of pressure to finish filming-Camille had quit for the third time. No excuse for the confrontation-Kim wasn't budging and Kyle's anger was unchecked-as was her ridiculously tight dress

I think Kim feels that she has known more fame and fortune than any of them and most of them are wannabes compared to her life with Davis for the fortune and her childhood stardom for the fame.  Just look at their sister Kathy and her immense wealth.  It is kind of like when Brandi was claiming she had paparazzi staking her out for the past 5 years 24/7 besides being utter bullshit I don't think Brandi's situation compares with say Paris Hilton.  Kim had a visceral dislike of both Lisa and Taylor and I think Camille blew it pretty early on.  The only one she had a true like for was Adrienne and Adrienne did have the wealth that Kim once enjoyed.  So I definitely saw Kim's point of view when dealing with someone like Taylor. However, by the time Fosters joined the ranks Kim had equals and no one wants to hear about her fame or fortune from 25 years ago.   I think there is also a certain amount of BS that comes with doing a reality show.  No way Brandi would have been invited anywhere after tossing wine in Eileen's face.  When Kim screams phony at Kyle Season 1 one of the phoniest things was hiding and pretending Kim wasn't drinking-that one kind of backfired on Kim.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I can't believe I am doing this but I am going THERE at least one last time:

I don't recall if it was Kyle or Kim who went There first on Limo Night.  But it has come out that Kim had been going There all season.  Kyle was involved with RHOBH first and got Kim that gig thinking that it would pave the way for a return to acting for her.  Filling up Kim's life with actual jobs might have a positive impact.  However things did not go according to plan for the Richards sisters on season 1.  Kim continually failed to show or showed up hours later to scheduled filmings.  She sometimes showed up under the influence.  The cast and crew were reportedly tired of dealing with her and wanted to out her behavior but Kyle begged them not to.

The last straw was Kim showing up inebriated to the finale.  Kyle, who had been pulling all sorts of strings to smooth things over all season, lost her shit.  And that's about it.  I don't think a lot of thought went into either of their actions.

And reports of Kim's house being stolen have been debunked.

• Love 7

The word "jealous" is being thrown around and for once I will post that I think there might be jealousy that plays a part in this matter between Kyle and Kim. I believe Kim is jealous, not Kyle. As Kyle stated, "What would she have to be jealous about?" Kim is the one who fell the hardest overall in her life, and I will comment that it was because she became an addict. Kim had a great career as a child actress. Look at her now compared to her sister, Kyle. Kyle has a husband, a beautiful home, loving, healthy and wonderful children, and up until this show began, Kyle had a man who took care of his family in more ways than one. Kyle has now ventured out with putting out a book, starting up a clothing store, overall she has a stable, healthy life. Kim, has failed relationships, children by different men, a fiance who was murdered, she doesn't own her home, she has no acting gigs coming her way, according to her she has little friends, she can't live life unless Monty remains alive or else what will she do? I also believe Brandi, who has her own jealousy issues with anyone who dares to have a happy life, is whispering in Kim's intoxicated ears how it is Kyle who is jealous of Kim. Brandi is pushing those fears and insecurities Kim may have about her sister.

• Love 2

The word "jealous" is being thrown around and for once I will post that I think there might be jealousy that plays a part in this matter between Kyle and Kim. I believe Kim is jealous, not Kyle. As Kyle stated, "What would she have to be jealous about?" Kim is the one who fell the hardest overall in her life, and I will comment that it was because she became an addict. Kim had a great career as a child actress. Look at her now compared to her sister, Kyle. Kyle has a husband, a beautiful home, loving, healthy and wonderful children, and up until this show began, Kyle had a man who took care of his family in more ways than one. Kyle has now ventured out with putting out a book, starting up a clothing store, overall she has a stable, healthy life. Kim, has failed relationships, children by different men, a fiance who was murdered, she doesn't own her home, she has no acting gigs coming her way, according to her she has little friends, she can't live life unless Monty remains alive or else what will she do? I also believe Brandi, who has her own jealousy issues with anyone who dares to have a happy life, is whispering in Kim's intoxicated ears how it is Kyle who is jealous of Kim. Brandi is pushing those fears and insecurities Kim may have about her sister.

Brandi uses the same lines on all those she dislikes.  Last year it was telling Joyce it was not a competition.  This year it is Kyle and Kim are competitive. What they are competing over is beyond me.   Brandi constantly calls people jealous and sadly I think she is so incredibly jealous (with good reason) of LeAnn Rimes and just assumes everyone else is jealous when someone has something she can't have.  There may come a day when Kim regrets sharing insecurities with Brandy but until that day Brandi is well stocked with all this insight from Kim.  It doesn't really matter if it is true or not it is just the idea for that moment in time Kim opened up to Brandi and for that moment Kim has given Brandi power.

I saw the clip where Brandi makes some crack about Kyle's husband not wanting her. I believe Brandi wants Kyle to believe she has special information because she bangs someone at Mauricio's office.  In reality Brandi is left scratching her head how she an Olympian when it comes to sex has been tossed aside for a country singer.  What Brandi has missed along the way is sometimes intimacy is far more important than sexual gymnastics, or threesomes.

• Love 1