Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: House Of Cards

• Start Topic

I'm throwing out a theory on Brandi's machinations -  Could it be her master plan to  manoever Kyle into another season 1 limo situation?  I don't usually put the words Brandi and plan together in a sentence because that would imply foresight which I doubt she possesses.

I just find it strange how much Brandi is emphasizing how much Kyle drinks.  Brandi of all people.  It looked very odd to me when she came out with two bottles of champagne and two giant glasses for some pre-party partying.  Then she plays up in her blog that Kyle had the same amount to drink as she did and must have a high tolerance.  Of course this is not what I saw happening as we don't know what they each had to drink in the limo and one of them seemed fine during the game and the other did not.  But was Brandi trying to ensure Kyle getting drunk and therefore more vulnerable for a blow up?

Brandi was goading Kyle all night and encouraging Kim.  We all saw Kyle's agony across the table and so did Brandi and yet she piled on more.  Brandi's taking over physical possession of Kim at the end smacked of her "Bring It Bitch" mode to Kyle.  I would like to watch this again, this time looking for clues that Brandi is trying for a Kim/Kyle blow up like the limo scene.

Ultimate revenge for game night falling into her lap when she discovers the condition Kim shows up in?

• Love 6

Welcome! Jennifer is such a mystery to me. I really liked her on Sober house although she was ill equipped to handle that job and flirted with Andy Dick ( yuck!!!!!) I choose to beleive she is dealing with Brandi behind the scenes. Otherwise she is just a famewhore who is willfully ignoring a full blown addict for the chance to rub elbows with some famous folks. I mean it's Andy Dick you guys!

Yes, she really is a mystery to me as well.

I caught an episode of celebrity wife swap last weekend and she was on there with Andy Dick as his girlfriend. He lived in his ex wife's driveway and Jennifer would come over and spend time with him in his camper trailer. It was all very odd. And Jennifer came off really bad, she was over the top arguing with AD. It seemed fake and all for cameras, who know she is friends with Brandi . She always seemed level headed when on RHoBH with Brandi. The show was from a couple years ago, so I don't if she is still dating AD (agree ewww!).

Another interesting thing was the other celeb was Lorenzo Lamas, who was on Celebrity Apprentice with Brandi.

Sorry to go so topic.

• Love 3

Yes, she really is a mystery to me as well.

I caught an episode of celebrity wife swap last weekend and she was on there with Andy Dick as his girlfriend. He lived in his ex wife's driveway and Jennifer would come over and spend time with him in his camper trailer. It was all very odd. And Jennifer came off really bad, she was over the top arguing with AD. It seemed fake and all for cameras, who know she is friends with Brandi . She always seemed level headed when on RHoBH with Brandi. The show was from a couple years ago, so I don't if she is still dating AD (agree ewww!).

Another interesting thing was the other celeb was Lorenzo Lamas, who was on Celebrity Apprentice with Brandi.

Sorry to go so topic.

Omg she was an actual girlfriend!?! I thought it was just some flirting. Ok, mystery solved she is clinically insane. Like needs to fly to Vienna ASAP ,insane.

• Love 3

I'm throwing out a theory on Brandi's machinations -  Could it be her master plan to  manoever Kyle into another season 1 limo situation?  I don't usually put the words Brandi and plan together in a sentence because that would imply foresight which I doubt she possesses.

I just find it strange how much Brandi is emphasizing how much Kyle drinks.  Brandi of all people.  It looked very odd to me when she came out with two bottles of champagne and two giant glasses for some pre-party partying.  Then she plays up in her blog that Kyle had the same amount to drink as she did and must have a high tolerance.  Of course this is not what I saw happening as we don't know what they each had to drink in the limo and one of them seemed fine during the game and the other did not.  But was Brandi trying to ensure Kyle getting drunk and therefore more vulnerable for a blow up?

Brandi was goading Kyle all night and encouraging Kim.  We all saw Kyle's agony across the table and so did Brandi and yet she piled on more.  Brandi's taking over physical possession of Kim at the end smacked of her "Bring It Bitch" mode to Kyle.  I would like to watch this again, this time looking for clues that Brandi is trying for a Kim/Kyle blow up like the limo scene.

Ultimate revenge for game night falling into her lap when she discovers the condition Kim shows up in?

I do think Brandi is more than capable of preplanning an attempt to hurt someone, what she is not able to do is weigh all the repercussions that come along with her nasty actions/words if/when she fails and she always goes in for the kill over relatively minor spats.

It is possible that Brandi already knew that Kim was high before getting to Eileen's home, via phone calls, and was trying to get Kyle drunk so that Kyle would not notice Kim's condition or to make Kyle look as bad as Kim. It is also possible that she was setting Kyle up to have Kim, or herself, call out Kyle for being drunk as pay back for whatever slight she imagined this time.

• Love 7

I see the parallel but the Brandi/Kim/Kyle encounter was much more extreme than the Kyle/Taylor/Lisa IMO. If you think that Kyle and Taylor were drunk, that's your prerogative, but as much as that incident gets discussed and criticized, I don't see Kyle and Taylor being inebriated being commonly referenced if at all. Also with Kyle/Taylor/Lisa, it was just the three of them, Kyle and Taylor were being goofy, Lisa told them to cut it out and then one or both told Lisa she was being "jelly." The incident at the poker party was much, much meaner and Kyle was targeted in that incident.

Yeah, Taylor & Kyle were probably just a little tipsy and, of course, poker night was much darker.  I should have said that poker night was a very much escalated version of the lunch.

• Love 4

Welcome! Jennifer is such a mystery to me. I really liked her on Sober house although she was ill equipped to handle that job and flirted with Andy Dick ( yuck!!!!!) I choose to beleive she is dealing with Brandi behind the scenes. Otherwise she is just a famewhore who is willfully ignoring a full blown addict for the chance to rub elbows with some famous folks. I mean it's Andy Dick you guys!

She dated him while and shortly after he was on Dancing with the Stars-double yuck!!!!!!http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jennifer-gimenez-says-andy-dick-is-not-gay/

I guess it was not meant to be:  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/jennifer-gimenez-andy-dick-breakup/

Oh no he relapsed a week later: http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2013-07-25-andy-dick-relapse-drinking-not-dancing-with-stars-exclusive

I think Jennifer is thirsty and she has done far more to enable Brandi than to help her.  She posted a blog Brandi wrote on her website, where Brandi essentially described when and how she abuse alcohol and pills and it was all okay because she doesn't do it when she has the kids and of course it is Eddie and LeAnn's fault. 

I just remember an excited Jennifer showing up to model for the fitting of Kyle's fashion show with Jamie Lee Curtis, speaking Spanish with Joyce, and that was the last we saw of Jennifer.  It looks like she has worked her way back into Brandi's good graces because she was part of the bed crowd to watch Eddie and LeAnn's show.

• Love 6

I do think Brandi is more than capable of preplanning an attempt to hurt someone, what she is not able to do is weigh all the repercussions that come along with her nasty actions/words if/when she fails and she always goes in for the kill over relatively minor spats.

It is possible that Brandi already knew that Kim was high before getting to Eileen's home, via phone calls, and was trying to get Kyle drunk so that Kyle would not notice Kim's condition or to make Kyle look as bad as Kim. It is also possible that she was setting Kyle up to have Kim, or herself, call out Kyle for being drunk as pay back for whatever slight she imagined this time.

I can't remember if Kim was on the phone in the video clip the editors allowed us to see of an hour long limo ride. But I believe your most likely right because Kim/Brandi are connected at the hip, lol. Sometimes I wonder if they take turns as dummies with each taking turns at manipulating what is said by the other.

Was Brandi trying to get Kyle inebriated...not sure...but I think Brandi always wants those around her drunk? :D Brandi most likely believes drunkenness is a prerequisite of filming RHOBHs.

ITA Brandi is capable of planning trouble, doesn't know what's going to spill out from the animal part of her brain or the consequences of her verbal diarrhea. :D :D And your so right it's usually about petty issues.

Edited by RealityTVSmack
  • Love 1

Yeah, Taylor & Kyle were probably just a little tipsy and, of course, poker night was much darker.  I should have said that poker night was a very much escalated version of the lunch.

I think that whole thing was more about Lisa trying to get to the bottom of Taylor and Camille's conversation and for some reason Kyle did not want to go there so in comes an uninvited (by Lisa) Taylor.  I didn't see any malice in the conversation but it was clearly one of the more immature conversations ever.  I don't think they were trying to humiliate Lisa just stop her from inquiring about Camille and stirring up the controversy that went with it.

• Love 3

I'm confused.

I'm hearing that Kyle needs Al-Anon to let go of her need to fix everything for Kim and that Kyle enjoys having to clean up after Kim because it elevates her martyr status.

And then I'm hearing the same people comment that Kyle or the hotel or some peeon production assistant who has no clue that Kim is an addict and simply wants to do his/her 8 hours and go home should have made adjustments because God forbid Kim get put in a situation with alcohol that she cannot handle.

So....when exactly does Kim's addiction become her problem that she needs to worry about and deal with on her own?

THIS!!!  Welcome to Co-dependency 101!!  Addiction (regardless of the kind) is a family/friend disease and it leaves those close to the addict living a very damned if you do and damned if you don't type of dynamics if both don't get healthy.  I think it takes years and years of not just 12-step programs or (secular recovery programs) in addition to individual and joint therapy with someone who works with these types of relationships. Weren't Kyle and Kim going to joint therapy?  I thought I remembered Kyle mentioning that or am I misremembering?? 

My sister is 2.5 years sober through a court ordered IOP after two DUI/DWI and AA.  I've gone to Al-anon but we both still have issues individually in our own lives and within our relationship that has roots in growing up with an alcoholic dad and co-dependent mom.

It's all very complex then to throw in the insane "stage mom and child actor syndrome,"  The Richards Sisters (all 3) could be doing much worse!!       

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 10

Thanks you guys. I thought I remembered Jennifer from before this show. Isn't it funny how people find each other? I see something in Brandi that really disturbs me. Like, a mental thing. Maybe it's just substance abuse but she really has a problem and I'm not so sure a fancy new house or expensive auto is going to ever make her a suitable castmember for this show. She has no manners, or any sense of how to act in the social situations she finds herself in on this show. It's just the wrong show!! Her sexual thoughts are so shocking and if they really happen, she should not repeat them . That is why we get so upset when she says them. They make everyone, including the audience, so uncomfortable. It is kind if like a high class, low class thing. Not that this is right, but these ladies are used to appropriate behavior. Now I know tv us about the drama of it all, and I love drama, but not the weird, perverted kind. Brandi is weird and perverted and she scares me!! Ok, I am a prude, I know!

• Love 8

With a recovering addict for a sister Kyle had a moral obligation to check out the event she was taking her to, which would be filmed for millions to see.  Kyle says she knew nothing about a planned wine tasting and IMO she's lying.

I believe it is correct that this was a show-produced event and Kyle had little more to do with the planning of it than Kim did. They all know how production works, but that doesn't mean they know how details will be worked out between production and venues. I'm just hoping production wasn't push Kim off the wagon. 

• Love 5

Thanks you guys. I thought I remembered Jennifer from before this show. Isn't it funny how people find each other? I see something in Brandi that really disturbs me. Like, a mental thing. Maybe it's just substance abuse but she really has a problem and I'm not so sure a fancy new house or expensive auto is going to ever make her a suitable castmember for this show. She has no manners, or any sense of how to act in the social situations she finds herself in on this show. It's just the wrong show!! Her sexual thoughts are so shocking and if they really happen, she should not repeat them . That is why we get so upset when she says them. They make everyone, including the audience, so uncomfortable. It is kind if like a high class, low class thing. Not that this is right, but these ladies are used to appropriate behavior. Now I know tv us about the drama of it all, and I love drama, but not the weird, perverted kind. Brandi is weird and perverted and she scares me!! Ok, I am a prude, I know!

I don't think your a prude. Brandi acts like a kid just gabbing on and on without a filter. Pity the poor HW who confides in her...well if loose lips sink ships...Brandi has sunk a few Spanish armadas (one is 130 ships). Why Andy Cohen, who hires & fires the HWs, favors her is beyond me. Sometimes I believe he identifies with her unwholesome awkward humor...though I read recently that he did not enjoy the trick she and Jeff Lewis played on him during their visit to WWHL. :D. :D

• Love 1

Switching gears I'm going to ask a question that shows my ignorance, but does rehab exist for people who aren't particularly religious? It always seems that when I hear about rehab from folks who have gone (meaning folks in entertainment, etc.) there's this element of religious rhetoric. Not in the sense of "God helped me see the way..." but I've heard some contention with the 12 steps aspect of rehab.

12-step programs require surrender to a power greater than yourself - that doesn't have to mean God per se. The program itself can be "the higher power." 12-step literature is very clear that you can be an atheist and you can define "higher power" however feels right for you. But it is definitely a spiritual place however you slice it. Nothing religious though.

• Love 8

I believe it is correct that this was a show-produced event and Kyle had little more to do with the planning of it than Kim did. They all know how production works, but that doesn't mean they know how details will be worked out between production and venues. I'm just hoping production wasn't push Kim off the wagon.

Kim made her own decision to take pill/pills before attending the poker game. It was her decision alone to act like an azzhat that evening. No doubt we'll hear a thousand excuses for why she popped pills or whatever. I have my doubts as to if she was sober to begin with. I've read shortly after this she's hospitalized for bronchial pneumonia. Another excuse she's given was stress from her terminally ill husband living with her, then her pit bull dog biting family and friends, and planning a wedding for her daughter. Oh, I almost forgot she was tired and took the pills to wake herself up? The whole Kim acting high-as-a-kite in front of cameras is very shady IMO. Edited by RealityTVSmack
  • Love 3

Just made myself re-watch, I looked away a lot the first time because it was so uncomfortable.  I really don't think Kim was referring to Mauricio's penis size.  If anything, I think she was teasing Kyle about sex toys.  That is something Kyle would not like mentioned on camera.  There's a chance that Kim was rambling and confused and didn't even realize what she meant.  There was a point, right before Kyle excused herself to go to the bathroom, where Kyle just quietly stared at Kim.  It was like Kim came to the realization of how upset Kyle was, and she became very quiet herself and just stared at Kyle, and looked like she wanted to cry herself.  She then throws in a "I'm sorry if I insulted you", as Kyle walks away, and we know Kim doesn't like to apologize.   I think Kim had fun teaming up with Brandi and goading Kyle, but she didn't enjoy it when Kyle stopped fighting back and became upset.  It's such a dysfunctional cycle.  After Kim and Kyle hugged it out in the bathroom, Kim tells Brandi Kyle upset her and it's - here we go again.  Kim's mad at Kyle, but then is upset at seeing Kyle upset. 

I know I over-analyze some of these scenes, but I find the psychology behind the whole thing fascinating, in a painful way.  I can empathize with almost anyone, if they show me some vulnerability.  I don't think Kim flat out hates Kyle, and I don't think she's a psychopath or a sociopath, although I know some here do.  That's just completely simplistic.  I imagine an addict would have a much easier time if they were a psychopath/sociopath, because they wouldn't have to deal with any guilt or regret in their lucid moments.

. I'm not a huge fan of the decor in Eileen's home - it does seem like a bit much. However, I would never walk into that house and tell her it looks like Psycho and American Psycho. Mostly because those two movies have nothing to do with one another and the comparison makes no damn sense, but more importantly because I'm not a rude asshole.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the décor.  I had been waiting to see the inside since it's stunning from the outside.  I think the house seemed almost suffocatingly claustrophobic, it was so crammed with furniture, and was there a square foot on any wall that wasn't covered?  It reminds me of the homes of the elderly.  My grandma never disposed of anything.  She wasn't a hoarder, but she lived through the depression and felt everything had a use. I'm not saying my style is any better than Eileen's, I'm just more a minimalist who thinks less is more.

• Love 9

Just made myself re-watch, I looked away a lot the first time because it was so uncomfortable.  I really don't think Kim was referring to Mauricio's penis size.  If anything, I think she was teasing Kyle about sex toys.  That is something Kyle would not like mentioned on camera.  There's a chance that Kim was rambling and confused and didn't even realize what she meant.  There was a point, right before Kyle excused herself to go to the bathroom, where Kyle just quietly stared at Kim.  It was like Kim came to the realization of how upset Kyle was, and she became very quiet herself and just stared at Kyle, and looked like she wanted to cry herself.  She then throws in a "I'm sorry if I insulted you", as Kyle walks away, and we know Kim doesn't like to apologize.   I think Kim had fun teaming up with Brandi and goading Kyle, but she didn't enjoy it when Kyle stopped fighting back and became upset.  It's such a dysfunctional cycle.  After Kim and Kyle hugged it out in the bathroom, Kim tells Brandi Kyle upset her and it's - here we go again.  Kim's mad at Kyle, but then is upset at seeing Kyle upset. 

I know I over-analyze some of these scenes, but I find the psychology behind the whole thing fascinating, in a painful way.  I can empathize with almost anyone, if they show me some vulnerability.  I don't think Kim flat out hates Kyle, and I don't think she's a psychopath or a sociopath, although I know some here do.  That's just completely simplistic.  I imagine an addict would have a much easier time if they were a psychopath/sociopath, because they wouldn't have to deal with any guilt or regret in their lucid moments.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the décor.  I had been waiting to see the inside since it's stunning from the outside.  I think the house seemed almost suffocatingly claustrophobic, it was so crammed with furniture, and was there a square foot on any wall that wasn't covered?  It reminds me of the homes of the elderly.  My grandma never disposed of anything.  She wasn't a hoarder, but she lived through the depression and felt everything had a use. I'm not saying my style is any better than Eileen's, I'm just more a minimalist who thinks less is more.

I so agree that the psychology behind it all is fascinating. After last week's episode and the first look I found myself posting up a storm in a fit of anger, espically aimed at Kim. I Actually had to sit myself down and try to figure out why I was feeling this way. Why so much anger at a person on my tv? I finally figured out I wasn't mad I was sad. Recovery is so very very difficult and I don't know if Kim has another recovery in her. She is a middle aged drug addict and there is nowhere to go but down from there. I am so very sad for her. if she would have admitted to the slip I could beleive that there was some hope for her but she didn't and there isn't. And God help me I can't squeeze a drop of sympathy for Brandi. She is just so willfully ignorant and abrasive. I want her off the show and then she can get it together off camera. I hope she can get her shit together for the sake of her children but I don't want to see it or know anything about it.

• Love 14

There are programs and treatment centers that don't use the 12 steps model, thank god.  ;-)

12-step programs require surrender to a power greater than yourself - that doesn't have to mean God per se. The program itself can be "the higher power." 12-step literature is very clear that you can be an atheist and you can define "higher power" however feels right for you. But it is definitely a spiritual place however you slice it. Nothing religious though.

Thank you both for your answers! With all this renewed talk about Kim and her addiction, it made me wonder.

• Love 4

I am so interested in every point of view about 12 step programs. I went to rehab when I was 48 for pain meds I was taking after a brain bleed. Remember me? The prude?! I remember it being like that movie 28 Days. Every person was such a "character". There was the teenager with blue hair whose parents put her in rehab at 12 and she just goes from one to the next. And then there was the nurse who was fired for being high at work. My last day, she asked me for any leftover morphine I had! There were all walks of lif e represented but you had one horrible thing in common. You just want to stop hurting. I think my point is that I imagine Kim has a lot of pressure to do this right and perfect. Sometimes it just doesn't go that way. But you MUST surround yourself with the right people. Not Brandi!

• Love 11

A good friend to an addict would not have taken her home or to a "safe" place. A good friend or family member would have taken her to get professional help. This is where I think Kyle needs help, too. If she wants to be there for her sister she should get help too and learn not to flip out when bad things happen and to be Kim's voice of reason.

• Love 4

I think that Kim reacts to others reaction to her (?), is because once your horrible problem is exposed and you are almost paranoid about what other people are thinking. You just don't want people to think you messed up again.

• Love 6

I am so interested in every point of view about 12 step programs. I went to rehab when I was 48 for pain meds I was taking after a brain bleed. Remember me? The prude?! I remember it being like that movie 28 Days. Every person was such a "character". There was the teenager with blue hair whose parents put her in rehab at 12 and she just goes from one to the next. And then there was the nurse who was fired for being high at work. My last day, she asked me for any leftover morphine I had! There were all walks of lif e represented but you had one horrible thing in common. You just want to stop hurting. I think my point is that I imagine Kim has a lot of pressure to do this right and perfect. Sometimes it just doesn't go that way. But you MUST surround yourself with the right people. Not Brandi!

:) Hi January--Thank you and all the other members who have so graciously shared information about addiction. The raw struggles of the RHOBHs cast has brought this very human condition before us. The complication and nuanceses of addiction are all around us but until you see it played out before you it's easy to misunderstand. This episode has put before us the trials and tribulations of Kim with pill addiction and Brandi with alcohol addiction...both in bad shape IMO.

I just read that, "alcoholism and all other substance abuse disorders are mental disorders, with a high physical complication rate" (see link below). I didn't think of it as a mental disorder...now I wonder if Kim and Brandi should be on a TV show that uses alcohol as another HW.

In the 1920's my mom told me about people making bath tubs of gin and young girls 13 and 14-years old getting addicted. Some had horrible lives and died untimely deaths without support/treatment. I think Aviva Drescher's (RHONY) mom died of alcohol poisoning.

I apologize to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt by talking smack about Kim & Brandi...they both have a disease which is a monumental hurdle to get under control...I wish them well.

Sorry for being a Debbie Downer.

http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/treatment/doctors-office/why-is-alcoholism-classified-as-a-mental-illness.php

Edited by RealityTVSmack
  • Love 5

Kim wants to/needs to hear someone, anyone tell her that she is justified In getting high and that person right now is Brandi. When she is clean again for a little while, she will dump Brandi then she will start using again and look for her next Brandi. Kim is using Brandi as much as Brandi is using her. That is who they are, users/abusers. JMO

• Love 4

Brandi biggest issue seems to be she wants to be the center of attention all the time and because she is around more accomplished women and the quickest way to get all the attention to focus on her is to act up.  There is no way any of these women would ever invite Brandi to anything after her first STFU or I'm going to fucking kill you or bring it on bitch. They appear with her out of sheer fear. Last year she accused Joyce of trying to be the center of attention and look what she did to Joyce.  Much like her sense of humor Brandi isn't all that interesting without shocking or hurting someone. 

Lisa V is playing her correctly-you can't shock me.  So now Brandi is left with going after people's relationships.  It has worked for her in the past and it will work again,  There seems to be a pattern whoever Brandi cozies up with she strikes out at the person closest to them.  Divide and conquer is Brandi's strategy.

I am going to be interested to see just how much of Brandi's venom Kim is going to be in charge of spreading.

• Love 9

I just find it strange how much Brandi is emphasizing how much Kyle drinks.  Brandi of all people.  It looked very odd to me when she came out with two bottles of champagne and two giant glasses for some pre-party partying.  Then she plays up in her blog that Kyle had the same amount to drink as she did and must have a high tolerance.

I doubt if Kyle drank as much as Brandi, but if Kyle has a higher tolerance than Brandi, well dems da breaks, plus the different tolerances may be due to the psych meds Brandi is on which are not supposed to be mixed with alcohol. My question to Brandi is, if she's not an alcoholic / addict, the why doesn't she just stop drinking or limit herself to one glass of wine, especially if it's within 48 hours of taking a Xanax? There's a reason you are not supposed to mix booze and meds, not just because you get intoxicated faster and/or more intensely, but it can also lead other damage, heck OTC Acetaminophen (Tylenol) carries a warning that mixing with it with alcohol can lead to liver damage and other serious side effects.
  • Love 3

I doubt if Kyle drank as much as Brandi, but if Kyle has a higher tolerance than Brandi, well dems da breaks, plus the different tolerances may be due to the psych meds Brandi is on which are not supposed to be mixed with alcohol. My question to Brandi is, if she's not an alcoholic / addict, the why doesn't she just stop drinking or limit herself to one glass of wine, especially if it's within 48 hours of taking a Xanax? There's a reason you are not supposed to mix booze and meds, not just because you get intoxicated faster and/or more intensely, but it can also lead other damage, heck OTC Acetaminophen (Tylenol) carries a warning that mixing with it with alcohol can lead to liver damage and other serious side effects.

I have often heard the quote about mixing psych meds and drinking. 1 +1 doesn't equal 2, it equals 11.

• Love 1

I hate to say this but I hope Brandi doesn't do anything bad to Yo. As in, try to tempt her husband! She tends to show that nasty part of herself when men are around. She puts it out there and some men probably take her up on it. Not that David Foster would be tempted, its just that she finds some way ruin her relationships with women in the most hurtful way. Like last season and Lisa V. She knew that by turning everyone against Lisa V it would really hurt. And, as it happens in real life all the friends fell for it. It was kinda sad.

• Love 1

Brandi popped into the limo with wine glasses that had about 22 ounce bowls.  A bottle of champagne is only about 25 ounces.  So Brandi had the better part of a half of a glass when they showed her and she does throw them back,  Also that is pretty much close to an hour's drive at dinnertime. 

To me, Brandi throwing Kyle having a higher tolerance out there was on par with Kyle being jealous and giving Eileen's house the bad review.

I am sure there will come a day Brandi will have some liver trouble and it will be all LeAnn and Eddie's fault.

• Love 6

Brandi popped into the limo with wine glasses that had about 22 ounce bowls.  A bottle of champagne is only about 25 ounces.  So Brandi had the better part of a half of a glass when they showed her and she does throw them back,  Also that is pretty much close to an hour's drive at dinnertime. 

To me, Brandi throwing Kyle having a higher tolerance out there was on par with Kyle being jealous and giving Eileen's house the bad review.

I am sure there will come a day Brandi will have some liver trouble and it will be all LeAnn and Eddie's fault.

Don't forget that Lisa V, Adrienne and Kyle will also have had a hand in her liver failure as well. It will be the plot to end all plots, with Sheanna Marie serving her that final drink! LOL

• Love 6
And what was up with the you all should be better at this - you're all actresses.......?

I think that was a reference to needing to have a poker face while playing poker.  Brandi meant they should all be better at having poker faces because they're actresses.  That's why Brandi wore her sunglasses during the poker game, to supposedly hide her expression.  But she was so trashed and slurry, she couldn't make her thought come out in any way that made sense.

For all the secrecy and lies shrouding Kim's addictions, Brandi has been displaying hers front and center since her first season (alcohol plus xanax at the very least).  No doubt if RH fires her, she'll pop up on Celebrity Rehab or something.

• Love 9

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the décor.  I had been waiting to see the inside since it's stunning from the outside.  I think the house seemed almost suffocatingly claustrophobic

Yep, my same thoughts. However I will say this: I do appreciate that it seems like Eileen has done the decorating. I mean for better or worse, it seems like a home that a real person put together rather than hiring someone to do it for her. If that makes any sense.

Much like her sense of humor Brandi isn't all that interesting without shocking or hurting someone.

Brandi isn't funny at all. That comment she made in her TH about all the husbands cheating on the HW's and then she said 'just kidding!' Just stupid and lame. I bet she thought it was hilarious.

I also did not think VVP was flirting with Brandi. I thought he was just trying his best to lighten the mood, get through the evening and get Kim and Brandi the hell out of his house. He also looked a little shell-shocked as though he was trying to figure out if Eileen's salary for this show was really worth it!

• Love 7

Brandi popped into the limo with wine glasses that had about 22 ounce bowls. A bottle of champagne is only about 25 ounces. So Brandi had the better part of a half of a glass when they showed her and she does throw them back, Also that is pretty much close to an hour's drive at dinnertime.

During the show, Brandi was never without a wine glass. She was shown drinking over and over. The other ladies at the table had flutes in front of them, but they were not shown drinking during the game and the liquid in the flutes never went down. I paid attention to that.. (Get a life,me!)

• Love 5

So I turned this episode on this afternoon and was reminded of something that cracked me up. At the massage, Brandi actually asked Eileen what VVP does and says 'is he still a tennis pro?' Really Brandi? I know she is stupid but come on. Brandi has to have an idea of how old both VVP and Eileen are (though I suspect math is pretty tough for her) and yet thinks in that tiny brain that he'd still be a tennis pro?!?

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 2

I know nothing about alcoholics but was wondering about Brandi's statement that Kyle drank the same amount and had a higher tolerance. Just read a few articles about alcoholics and their liver function which explains why Kyle and Brandi could drink the same amount of alcohol but Kyle is not showing any signs of being drunk such as slurring speech, getting loud, loss of balance.

Kyle may have a healthy liver which processes and eliminates liquor in 12-hours. Whereas Brandi's liver may be impaired which takes longer then 12-hours to process/eliminate her liquor. In essence Brandi who believe she drank the same amount as Kyle doesn't realize she's adding her booze on top of the booze still being processed in her liver from the evening before. So Brandi might have slurred speech, loud talk, fuzzy thinking and loss of balance from the same number of alcoholic drinks as Kyle. To Brandi it appears Kyle has a higher tolerance, but it's because Kyle's liver is healthy.

http://www.neillneill.com/can-a-functioning-alcoholic-be-affected-by-one-drink

(edited)

I know nothing about alcoholics but was wondering about Brandi's statement that Kyle drank the same amount and had a higher tolerance. Just read a few articles about alcoholics and their liver function which explains why Kyle and Brandi could drink the same amount of alcohol but Kyle is not showing any signs of being drunk such as slurring speech, getting loud, loss of balance.

Kyle may have a healthy liver which processes and eliminates liquor in 12-hours. Whereas Brandi's liver may be impaired which takes longer then 12-hours to process/eliminate her liquor. In essence Brandi who believe she drank the same amount as Kyle doesn't realize she's adding her booze on top of the booze still being processed in her liver from the evening before. So Brandi might have slurred speech, loud talk, fuzzy thinking and loss of balance from the same number of alcoholic drinks as Kyle. To Brandi it appears Kyle has a higher tolerance, but it's because Kyle's liver is healthy.

http://www.neillneill.com/can-a-functioning-alcoholic-be-affected-by-one-drink

It could also be that Brandi is once again lying!  LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

During the show, Brandi was never without a wine glass. She was shown drinking over and over. The other ladies at the table had flutes in front of them, but they were not shown drinking during the game and the liquid in the flutes never went down. I paid attention to that.. (Get a life,me!)

Every time they would cut to Brandi throwing her head back to finish the wine in her glass, had me laughing.

Producers really wanted us to know that she was drinking a lot. As if we would not have noticed. The slurred speech and glassy eyes were a give away. Not mention Brandi's high pitched voice that is unbareable when she is drunk.

• Love 4

Although I am having an uber-stressful weekend, reading the comments that Vince took "Runner Up" in this episode via looking through the garage door window gave me my first real laugh of the day.  He should be scared.  These woman are BSC nuts.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 4

Brandi said she had additional drinks at Eileen's.  Could be one of the reasons Kyle wasn't catching on as quickly as Brandi wanted was she had drank champagne on the way over?  Not everyone turns into a surly, nasty drunk like Brandi does on her "third glass" or even their tenth glass.   

Brandi asking Vince if he was still on the tennis tour was just an insult.  Brandi researches anyone who is talked about coming on the show and probably knows what days their garbage pick up is.  She knew he was part of the World poker Tour.  Vince was probably relieved to hear she wasn't a fan of the World Poker Tour, as they were serving wine.

I have been pondering these "actresses" comments by Brandi and I think it is a little deeper than supposedly being able to have a better poker face.  I think Brandi is referencing their acting ability or lack of it, because she has been told she makes less money than they do because they are actresses.  Essentially  Brandi has nothing to trade on.  Any success she currently enjoys is only because of the RHOBH.   Brandi doesn't come back next year there is nothing keeping production from hiring a fiery controversial actress. 

• Love 5
So I turned this episode on this afternoon and was reminded of something that cracked me up. At the massage, Brandi actually asked Eileen what VVP does and says 'is he still a tennis pro?' Really Brandi? I know she is stupid but come on. Brandi has to have an idea of how old both VVP and Eileen are (though I suspect math is pretty tough for her) and yet thinks in that tiny brain that he'd still be a tennis pro?!?

At the risk of defending Brandi (I know, I know!) I thought she was asking if Vince was coaching tennis. I might be totally wrong but I'm inclined to think that even Brandi can't possibly be that stupid. She's so age conscious anyway.

Speaking of Brandi and age consciousness--This is kind of a delayed reaction on my part but I totally wanted to step on LisaR's foot when she told Brandi that Brandi was "too young" to remember LisaR as the original Billie. I'm like WTF Brandi is at least ten years older than I am and I remember LisaR as the original Billie. Brandi wasn't even close to being in high school when Krista Allen was playing Billie. In fact I'm pretty sure that Brandi was a high school graduate (assuming this dumb woman ever graduated from high school) before LisaR was even cast on Days. Delayed reaction, I know, but this shit has been bothering me. Brandi wants people to think she's so much younger than these women and that's hardly the case.

Eileen looks younger than Brandi, Kim, Lisa, Taylor, and Adrienne but is older than all of them. I'll go so far as to say that I think she looks better than Yolanda and Camille as well. 

• Love 1

It could also be the Xanax Brandi takes along with her alcohol.

Excellent point Izabella...how much punishment can a liver take. Any doctor prescribing her drugs which may harm her organs should be prescribing a blood test to check out her liver every few months.

(edited)

Perhaps in her drunken stupor Brandi just thought Kyle was keeping up with her, drink for drink.

Well, IMO, Brandi was already "tipsy" when she got into the limo so that is always possible but I really do think she just wanted to make Kyle look bad so that we would not see Kim as the only Richard with a "problem"! A, you know "Kyle drinks a lot as well but she just doesn't show it" like Kim/Brandi sort of excuse/cover!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

I interpreted Brandi's question about VVP as a dig - as in, you're working your butt off and he plays* all day?  Or even without the Eileen job factor, sort of trying to emasculate VVP.  He works, but it's not a job where he has to go somewhere each day; to me, that's a great lifestyle, but I could see Brandi trying to twist it into his being unsuccessful.  

*Plays as in, sits around eating bon bons, watching porn, or whatever - not as in playing tennis. 

Edited by harrie
  • Love 3

At the risk of defending Brandi (I know, I know!) I thought she was asking if Vince was coaching tennis. I might be totally wrong but I'm inclined to think that even Brandi can't possibly be that stupid. She's so age conscious anyway.

Speaking of Brandi and age consciousness--This is kind of a delayed reaction on my part but I totally wanted to step on LisaR's foot when she told Brandi that Brandi was "too young" to remember LisaR as the original Billie. I'm like WTF Brandi is at least ten years older than I am and I remember LisaR as the original Billie. Brandi wasn't even close to being in high school when Krista Allen was playing Billie. In fact I'm pretty sure that Brandi was a high school graduate (assuming this dumb woman ever graduated from high school) before LisaR was even cast on Days. Delayed reaction, I know, but this shit has been bothering me. Brandi wants people to think she's so much younger than these women and that's hardly the case.

Eileen looks younger than Brandi, Kim, Lisa, Taylor, and Adrienne but is older than all of them. I'll go so far as to say that I think she looks better than Yolanda and Camille as well. 

I thought LisaR was complimenting Brandi -- if you want to look at de-aging her as a compliment -- because she just wanted Brandi to shut up and go away.  At my house we say "Do not engage!"   LisaR may come off a little spacey, but I think underneath that she's kind of savvy about a number of things, including dealing with people. .( Hell, she survived the Bizzaro Ride with Kim.)

• Love 4

Well, IMO, Brandi was already "tipsy" when she got into the limo so that is always possible but I really do think she just wanted to make Kyle look bad so that we would not see Kim as the only Richard with a "problem"! A, you know "Kyle drinks a lot as well but she just doesn't show it" like Kim/Brandi sort of excuse/cover!

I don't know how much Kyle does or doesn't drink, but she's not destroying her life with it, that's for sure.  Kyle also doesn't have any tampon string incidents in the tabloids as an example of the many, many times Brandi's been out-of-control shit-faced.  So Brandi can throw shade about Kyle drinking, but Kyle hasn't had to move 27 times in the last 4 years like Brandi and Kim have just to stay one step ahead of being a homeless addict.  Even if Kyle drinks like a fish all day long (which we have seen no evidence of), she has control over it instead of it controlling her.

• Love 16

Superficial alert - I just adored LisaR's maxi dress at the wine tasting. Didn't she used to own a few boutiques back in the day?

Here is LisaR selling her brand of clothing on QVC. Hehehe my addiction...I just bought something! :D. :D

K57.540x302.jpeg

The QVC description says:

"Actress, television personality, and red carpet fashion expert Lisa Rinna is known for setting trends with the gorgeous clothing in her Los Angeles fashion boutique. Now, she brings her comfortable West Coast style to QVC! Her casual and chic line, the Lisa Rinna Collection, features soft knits, faux leathers, and breezy wovens in a variety of bold colors and abstract patterns. Shop flowy skirts, feminine shirts, easy dresses, structured jackets, and so much more."

Edited by RealityTVSmack
  • Love 3

All these housewives having near nervous.breakdowns make me long for the days when Jeana was so laid back about her daughter Kara going to Berkeley. In fact, jeana..kara ..and jeanas friend traveling to college was hilarious :)

• Love 3