Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: House Of Cards

• Start Topic

Kyle also has financial security, a business, and the occasional acting job. 

I've always thought Brandi was jealous of Kyle.  She has everything Brandi wants. 

In addition to the material things,  Brandi wishes she had 1/10th of the mean girl stealth that Kyle has.  If she had that, she'd be sitting pretty like Kyle typically is and not in the shit storm she's in now.

• Love 4

I don't get the furor over Wine Tasting Gate.  Kim has been around drinking housewives at all types of venues over and over and over again for the past three "sober" years.  Looking back, I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but after hearing the explanation in Paris, I knew that she never stopped dabbling in her pills.

I also tried to give her a pass on all the elective surgery when people on these boards were saying that that was a red flag for someone in the early stages of sobriety.  I now think they were right and that she used the surgery (the pain! the pain!) to get drugs.

The trigger for Kim taking another step back from sobriety is her dying ex-husband, Monty.  It looks to me like she was happy to get back together with her old "drinking buddy" and he brought some really good stuff along with him.  Reading items in the tabloids last fall, it seems that the entire family thought that taking care of Monty was a very bad idea.  They knew that the pair of them together would mean trouble especially with the added stress of his condition.

Kim is a user - she used surgery for drugs and now Monty.  Awful stuff.

• Love 5

After reading, like, 15 pages of comments, it is certainly clear to me that Kyle really can't put a foot right when it comes to Kim.  Either she is enabling, or she isn't supportive enough, or she is wrong for purposely "outing" her sister, or  is wrong for hiding Kim's addiction, or she has no obligation to Kim and is meddling, or she has helped Kim in the past, and now has a "moral" obligation to do so forever. She is responsible for allowing Kim to be in situations where her addictive tendencies might be triggered, like at the wine tasting,  but if she asks Kim if she is OK at the wine tasting, well, then she is being manipulative or only concerned with her own feelings.  In other words, she is wrong, no matter what. Anything less than perfection from Kyle is unacceptable.

Preach it BluishGreen.  This is why I cannot understand why it would have ever been to Kyle's advantage to decide this would be part of her story. She has been down this road before and she didn't come out of it looking very good. Lots of folks still hate her over the Limo Reveal. To some that defined who she was. It was that situation that got Kyle labeled with the "it's all about me" tag.  She isn't dumb and she knows this. Why in the world would she voluntarily want to revisit any of this? She will never be able to win here. On the other hand, it is perfect for Brandi, or so she thinks. She has been teasing for months about this big episode and the one thing that stands out is that she said that the audience would 100% be on her side when they saw the footage. I think that Brandi believed that putting Kyle in this light would be the thing that would destroy her with the audience. Brandi must have been sick when she was the footage of Kyle in the bathroom and realized that Kyle was whispering so as not to be overheard.  Kind of ruined Brandi's narrative that Kyle was trying to get it all on camera. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9

The thing that I'm finding freaky about this situation, is that when Kim and Kyle got into it in Hawaii it was Brandi who comforted Kyle and was the voice of reason, and IIRC pointed out that Ken, who Brandi dubbed a gay Bull Mastiff, was enabling Kim. Now Brandi is Kim's Gay Bull Mastiff, or in Brandi's case I prefer to think of her as a bi-curious Rottweiler.

• Love 10

The trigger for Kim taking another step back from sobriety is her dying ex-husband, Monty. 

I agree.  In addition to the stress and worry of taking care of him comes sleepless nights.  But hey!  An upper will get her through a day of filming!  And a downer will help her sleep that night!  (Are they still called 'uppers' and 'downers'?  This from someone who still calls pot, 'grass')

• Love 4

You are absolutely right, Kyle is the mean girl, Brandi is just a poor misunderstood woman who is doing the best she can  :/  (insert sarcasm)

Yikes, leroux.  I didn't say Kyle was THE mean girl.  She's one of many.  I agree with your well documented list of Brandi's 'qualities' and could even add some.

One of which is putting her antics on display so readily.  Kyle has shown us she can be horrible, too, but she's smart in her stealthiness. 

But yeah, Brandi takes top honors in the horrific bitch category.

• Love 5

The thing that I'm finding freaky about this situation, is that when Kim and Kyle got into it in Hawaii it was Brandi who comforted Kyle and was the voice of reason, and IIRC pointed out that Ken, who Brandi dubbed a gay Bull Mastiff, was enabling Kim. Now Brandi is Kim's Gay Bull Mastiff, or in Brandi's case I prefer to think of her as a bi-curious Rottweiler.

Thanks for posting this. I keep reflecting on this as well, as this particular episode was the one where I (for a very short time) fell in love with Brandi. She was so kind to Kyle, who at that point didn't particularly deserve any kindness from Brandi. 

I just keep trying to figure out what flipped this switch in Brandi. She had been basically getting along with Kyle since last season. She put in one of her blogs last year that she had gotten to know Kyle off camera and had really come to like her. She said that Kyle had taken care of her boys on a few occasions last summer when she was in a bind. She said they weren't friends, but that Kyle had been supportive of her when others were not (read Tampongate.  We saw Kyle give her the card in the limo last season right after that happened). The way it all turned at that Poker Table was strange beyond belief to me. 

• Love 6

I agree.  In addition to the stress and worry of taking care of him comes sleepless nights.  But hey!  An upper will get her through a day of filming!  And a downer will help her sleep that night!  (Are they still called 'uppers' and 'downers'?  This from someone who still calls pot, 'grass')

According to my recent viewing of "valley of the dolls" ( seriously folks it's streaming on Netflix) this is correct.

• Love 4

I keep reflecting on this as well, as this particular episode was the one where I (for a very short time) fell in love with Brandi. She was so kind to Kyle, who at that point didn't particularly deserve any kindness from Brandi. 

I just keep trying to figure out what flipped this switch in Brandi. She had been basically getting along with Kyle since last season. She put in one of her blogs last year that she had gotten to know Kyle off camera and had really come to like her

MCM:  Refresh my memory about that episode because I don't remember it.  Brandi voice of reason?  I need to know.

I don't think any switch has been flipped in Brandi - this is just what she does.  I believe it's possible for her to show care for someone but is always on an information gathering mission to be used at a later date against them when she feels she's been wronged.

• Love 3

MCM:  Refresh my memory about that episode because I don't remember it.  Brandi voice of reason?  I need to know.

I don't think any switch has been flipped in Brandi - this is just what she does.  I believe it's possible for her to show care for someone but is always on an information gathering mission to be used at a later date against them when she feels she's been wronged.

It was at the dinner for Mauricio's birthday party. Kim was being weird and refusing to take any ownership of the fact that she had missed half of the trip.  First of all by not getting there on time, and then by missing the boating excursion because she was hungover in her room.  Everyone had been waiting around for her in one manner or another the entire time. Kyle was a little bit relentless at dinner, I will say that. She wanted for Kim to apologize for her behavior, but Kim kept saying "what's the big deal, I am here now". Kim ended up leaving with weird Ken, and Kyle was upset and crying (she was making it too much about herself in that moment IMO). She said something about how she always felt like the bad person in their relationship. Like she handled things wrong and didn't ever know how to fix it. She felt like people thought she was bad (shades of the limo reveal).  Brandi told her that no one thought she was a bad person. That everyone saw what she was going through and felt for her. She said she thought Kyle handled things well, but that she needed to let it go and forgive herself because the only person who could fix Kim was Kim. She talked of having experience with this kind of thing. Her words were very kind, and Kyle said at the time that they meant a lot to her.  I kept flashing on this scene during the Poker Game. 

• Love 6

This is why I cannot understand why it would have ever been to Kyle's advantage to decide this would be part of her story. She has been down this road before and she didn't come out of it looking very good. Lots of folks still hate her over the Limo Reveal. To some that defined who she was. It was that situation that got Kyle labeled with the "it's all about me" tag.  She isn't dumb and she knows this. Why in the world would she voluntarily want to revisit any of this?

I can see why Kyle would want to revisit this story this season.  Brandi brought up on the reunion that she thought Kyle wanted Kim to fail. Kyle thinks Kim is sober this season, so what better time to prove to people that Kyle is supportive and really wants Kim to succeed?  So she will show that she and Kim talk about Kim's sobriety now and that they have a better relationship and that Kyle is happy about Kim being sober and wants to be supportive.

I can see why people think the Richards sisters made Kim's sobriety a party of their storyline this season.  Only problem is that Kim never told Kyle she wasn't sober.

• Love 3

Absolutely not, only the events she shepherds that are televised before millions of viewers, that's my opinion only.

I may have missed it, but was Kyle the planner of this event? I didn't watch WWHL. Either way, I am not of the mind that it was Kyle's responsibility (or that she did something sinister, even if it was). And maybe I missed something else too, but didn't the wine tasting/lunch wind up completely uneventful in terms of Kim's sobriety, unlike the poker party (or, more correctly, what Kim did to herself before the poker party--in her own home, at which Kyle has no control)? Comparatively, why would this wine event be such a terrible thing for Kyle to have planned plan (if she even did) considering all the boozy parties these people go to regularly?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

Her words were very kind, and Kyle said at the time that they meant a lot to her.  I kept flashing on this scene during the Poker Game. 

I think my extreme dislike for Brandi made my brain block that part.  Or I missed it.  Because I remember everything about that Hawaii dinner except that. LOL 

The discussion about how Brandi 'handled' Kim during poker night - caressing her face, being kind, using understanding words - is it possible that Brandi was 'handling' Kyle the same way in Hawaii? 

• Love 4

I guess if you want to look at Hawaii in the most cynical way, Brandi was at the "cool kids table" and comforted Kyle to ingratiate herself, but then again she was able to assess the situation, come up with the appropriate words and did so to be a comfort someone in distress. I also thought that Brandi was the voice of reason in Paris.

I don't think that a switch has been flipped, at the end of the day Brandi will choose Brandi, but Brandi choosing Brandi does not automatically mean that she will do the wrong thing or what she does will not play well to "her audience." Brandi has spent years calling out Eddie and LeAnn, and IMO, her agenda was to get attention, get revenge and cause them grief, nevertheless "the audience" cheered her for her honesty and "fighting back" against the two "homewreckers."

Brandi calling out Taylor at the season two reunion is another example. IMO Brandi did not give a damn about Russell not being around to defend himself and Taylor waiting less than a hot minute to write a book, Brandi was auditioning for a spot on the show and knew who exactly to go after to get "the audience" on her side. A few months after she called out Taylor, a man committed suicide and Brandi did not care that he was no longer around to defend himself, nor did she wait longer than a hot minute to Tweet about what a jerk she thought the guy was for ruining her evening.

I agree that at this stage Brandi does file information away knowing that she may destructively use it at a future date. I don't think that it is an either or thing, sometimes she actively pumps the other person for info with mal-intent but other times she may just be interacting with someone and "tea gets spilled." The same applies to her being the voice of reason or being caring towards someone else, sometimes there's an underlying, evil agenda, but other times she's in the moment and happens to do the right thing.

I guess if you want to look at it as switch flipping, I don't think that it is about a change in her character or persona, but a willingness to do something that is the opposite to what she's done previous'y because Brandi's self-interest, self involvement and gratification are paramount.

• Love 4

Brandi made up a whole convoluted story about being Cedric's BFF just to get producers attentions to her and be casted as a new BH housewife

Brandi used two little five year old boys who had to learn before their time about the conditions of their procreation just because Brandi wanted to secure a spot in the show.

Brandi made up a whole lawsuit when there was never one, not even a C&D letter was sent to her yet for a whole seasons she cried about the "lawsuit"

Brandi blasted to the world that Kim carried a shitty pillow at the airport for no other reason than to embarrass her because they were calling out Yolanda.

Brandi used racial slurs against another castmate, bullying her with no shame

Brandi admittedly thought it was okay to change Joyce's name just to further antagonize her and her husband

Brandi made up allegations about Lisa V being bankrupt that have proved to be a lie.

Brandi made stupid jokes about a poor man commiting suicide and how annoyed she was because it made her late to an event.

Brandi has talked about her sister's molestation without her sister's consent and wished it would have happened to her

Brandi has outed her father as a pot dealer without his consent

Brandi has called her sons a$$holes on social media for the world to see and has also mentioned that they wet their beds.

Brandi has paraded her tampon string for the world to see when drunk out of her mind (but nobody dares to mention this on the show).

Brandi has antagonized castmates from other franchises and disrespected them for no reason while being drunk.

Brandi has made allegations about body odor parts that have landed her a lawsuit

Brandi has lied about Eddie suing her for back child support

Brandi has stalked an ex-BF who made clear she was just a booty call.

Brandi has shamessly flirted with most of the husbands on the franchise just because she thinks is cute

Brandi has been drunk on almost every episode she has participated in and has acted like a boorish person with no manners at all.

Brandi has thrown wine at Eileen's face for no reason at all

Brandi has thrown wine at Jeff's face , faked cried, called him a a$$hole and then pretended it was a joke.

Brandi has used language that even a truck driver would be ashamed of at social gatherings.

Omg, thank you for reminding us of what Brandi has done. A disgusting, vile, piece of shit with no moral compass what so ever. She needs to be fired and as far as I'm concerned her kids would probably be better off with Eddie and LeAnn full time. 

• Love 6

quinn - I am dying here.  I need to work "bi-curious Rottweiler" into a conversation somehow!  ;-)

• Love 5

I feel like I can kind of get why Kyle never seems to put her foot completely down as far as "enabling" Kim (in quotes because I am not even certain I think that's what she does). I have a sister who does not have a substance-abuse problem, but she does have some kind of depression issues and serious need for attention, to the point where she males awful decisions and acts in a disloyal fashion to the people who are always there for her. She also has chronic money issues and is not well-known for repaying what she borrows (yet will find ways to lend her own to recent friends and romantic pursuits (I am being so vague; I sound like I'm describing someone who is, quite simply, a jerk). She's recently done some shady shit to me and I do get very, very pissed. I vent to my BF and friends. I vow to just say "who cares?" to her woes. And then...I feel terrible and stifle it and/or actually help with money or support or whatever, even though it isn't good for me and I admittedly resent it. Oy, TMI...sorry.

ETA: I think I made a Freudian slip in typing "males" when I meant "makes," as it seems that many of my sister's issues stem from her tendency to put male attention above all else.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

Great list, Leroux! Brandi could very well have what Kyle has...

...If she stopped being such an asshole.

I think that ship has sailed.  Unless the guy is from a third world country and hasn't seen TV or a tabloid in the past 4 years.

To be honest, I don't think Brandi has EVER possessed the skills to have a long term, committed relationship.  Her issues run deep and started long before Eddie cheated on her.

• Love 9

When watching Kim.and.Brandi together... they remind me of patsy and Edina from AdFab...or at least that's what they are going for...

Now all I need is Kim saying..."Is it...is it a bee?" about something totally random...or while discussing turtles, "But is it art..."...

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 3

When watching Kim.and.Brandi together... they remind me of patsy and Edina from AdFab...or at least that's what they are going for...

I think Patsy and Eddie are about a thousand times more awesome than Kim and Brandi. Kim and Brandi are in the minor leagues in comparison. 

As far as the so called friendship between Brandi and Kim there's no way these two could amuse themselves for hours together without the presence of the cameras. Patsy and Edina entertained each other all day long whether they were in a Moroccan airport or stuck in a panic room. 

I'm trying to imagine Brandi and Kim stuck in a panic room without the benefit of cameras and I honestly question whether or not they'd both come out alive especially if they had to go through an withdrawal issues.

• Love 2

Not to mention, Eileen made it loud and clear that her son was upstairs. Not that Kim or Brandy gave two shits about that child. I kept waiting for Eileen to tell those two buzzards they were being too loud and really lay into them.

Well, if you watch that scene again, Lisa Rinna was the one doing the loudest yelling.  Eileen was talking directly to Lisa and Kim when she said that about a child upstairs.  Even Vinnie was trying to get Lisa and Kim to pipe down.

• Love 4

I really wish Kyle would really be a truth canon in her blog this week, but sadly she is not there yet. Her blog could be something like: this episode was very hard for me as I come to the realization that my sister is not sober. That is hard to face but I want to speak the truth. Brandi is right that I refused to check in with my sister at 2 am because I realize that enabling Kim all these years has not been what's best for her. I am struggling to stand firm and I have been down this road many times and have to just let go. Brandi is wrong that I am jealous of their relationship I beleive Brandi is an alcoholic and the two will wind up in a ditch somewhere. I fear for both of their lives but I have to disengage and do what is best for me.

• Love 9

Yes, Ryebread I am aware Eileen told Lisa and Kim to hush, but even after Eileen mentioned her son being upstairs, it was Kim and Brandi who became the loudest after that. Brandi was LOUD.

Edited by GreatKazu

The Richards sisters (and LVP) are the core of the show for me, so this eppy gave me life. More, please.

After reading, like, 15 pages of comments, it is certainly clear to me that Kyle really can't put a foot right when it comes to Kim. 

After reading the same 15 pages of comments, it seems clear to me that most sympathize with Kyle. But if some don't, who cares? This ain't a hive.

I thought it was ironic that Lisa R is given kudos about how she handled Kim in the limo. Didn't Lisa ask her if she was drinking or taking drugs? Why is Kyle not allowed to ask that same question?

Ken would probably ask the same.

• Love 5

The Richards sisters (and LVP) are the core of the show for me, so this eppy gave me life. More, please.

After reading the same 15 pages of comments, it seems clear to me that most sympathize with Kyle. But if some don't, who cares? This ain't a hive.

Ken would probably ask the same.

Then say that therapy is for the weak.  Lol.  JK, not really.  

I guess I'm dumb, but I thought Brandi's throat-slashing motion was meant for the other ladies at the table...motioning for them to stop talking about Kim's obviously errant behavior.

It could be.  I don't know, I kind of felt it was for the camera across from her.  But her explanation about Kim going through a tough time reminded me so much of how Taylor and Camille reacted when Brandi asked at her own Game Night from hell, "WTF is going on with Kim?"

• Love 2

I think that ship has sailed.  Unless the guy is from a third world country and hasn't seen TV or a tabloid in the past 4 years.

And his mother would need to be dead.  Can you imagine a guy bringing Brandi home to mom and saying that this was the gal for him? 

• Love 3

Brandi's blog is up and she is just an awful person!
She puts down Eileen's home again. She also puts down the food and implies Kyle has a higher tolerance for alcohol than her.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2
I guess I'm dumb, but I thought Brandi's throat-slashing motion was meant for the other ladies at the table...motioning for them to stop talking about Kim's obviously errant behavior.

That's what it looked like to me as well. Telling everyone to shut up.

Someone tell Brandi that Kyle wasn't walking around with a wine glass in her hand all night, staggering out the door with a flying piece of pizza, or slurring her words.

• Love 6

For those who didn't catch last night's First Look: 

I really wish Kyle would really be a truth canon in her blog this week, but sadly she is not there yet. Her blog could be something like: this episode was very hard for me as I come to the realization that my sister is not sober. That is hard to face but I want to speak the truth. Brandi is right that I refused to check in with my sister at 2 am because I realize that enabling Kim all these years has not been what's best for her. I am struggling to stand firm and I have been down this road many times and have to just let go. Brandi is wrong that I am jealous of their relationship I beleive Brandi is an alcoholic and the two will wind up in a ditch somewhere. I fear for both of their lives but I have to disengage and do what is best for me.

They don't have the 2 am discussion until next week.  So hope springs eternal Kyle will address it-she should borrow your verbiage-it is excellent.

• Love 3

They don't have the 2 am discussion until next week.  So hope springs eternal Kyle will address it-she should borrow your verbiage-it is excellent.

I think it will all depend on how they decide to handle it all. By the looks of things, Kim is in the hospital next week, I will assume from whatever she said she had that made her take the pill. If that is the story that Kim is peddling, I think Kyle will stick by it. I don't think that Kyle is ready yet to move away from the script that Kim is using, because the last time she outed her sister when she was acting sober, it didn't work well for her. I think she will be very careful to ever say that Kim is not sober if Kim is saying that she is. 

People with severe anxiety may not ever function without medication. There are addiction programs that focus on harm reduction instead of abstinence because the abstinence model is only effective for some people. The idea that you can only get treatment AFTER you quit is not very productive. The black/white view of addiction and the idea of well I've fallen off the wagon I might as well party hard creates problems. The good/ bad dichotomy, victim/ perp thing usually doesn't work well as addicts use that against themselves and others..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12087633

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5

Also, there is no single solution, treatment or "program" (looking at you with a side-eye, AA) for everyone with similar problems.

Then say that therapy is for the weak.  Lol.  JK, not really.  

Rehab is for quitters.  ;-)

• Love 5

I think Patsy and Eddie are about a thousand times more awesome than Kim and Brandi. Kim and Brandi are in the minor leagues in comparison.

As far as the so called friendship between Brandi and Kim there's no way these two could amuse themselves for hours together without the presence of the cameras. Patsy and Edina entertained each other all day long whether they were in a Moroccan airport or stuck in a panic room.

I'm trying to imagine Brandi and Kim stuck in a panic room without the benefit of cameras and I honestly question whether or not they'd both come out alive especially if they had to go through an withdrawal issues.

Well I didn't say they succeeded..just that's what they are going for lol

• Love 3

Thanks for posting this. I keep reflecting on this as well, as this particular episode was the one where I (for a very short time) fell in love with Brandi. She was so kind to Kyle, who at that point didn't particularly deserve any kindness from Brandi. 

I just keep trying to figure out what flipped this switch in Brandi. She had been basically getting along with Kyle since last season. She put in one of her blogs last year that she had gotten to know Kyle off camera and had really come to like her. She said that Kyle had taken care of her boys on a few occasions last summer when she was in a bind. She said they weren't friends, but that Kyle had been supportive of her when others were not (read Tampongate.  We saw Kyle give her the card in the limo last season right after that happened). The way it all turned at that Poker Table was strange beyond belief to me. 

I would not be surprise if it comes down to Lisa. Lisa and Kyle have faced off but for some reason are able to put their shit to the side and maintain a sort of friendship. Brandi really burned her bridges with Lisa because she went so far. I'm not one to believe all the women conspired against Lisa last season. Is it possible? Maybe, but I think it was a mix of production and the polish wearing a bit on the Gilded Pink Lady.

Absolutely not, only the events she shepherds that are televised before millions of viewers, that's my opinion only.

So Kyle only has a "moral obligation" when the cameras are rolling? Kim has to be responsible for herself. She's 50+ years old, she knows how to walk away. 

I don't even know why I'm back in here. LOL

Anyway, so Kyle smokes? SInce when?

• Love 4

Brandi's blog is up and she is just an awful person!

She puts down Eileen's home again. She also puts down the food and implies Kyle has a higher tolerance for alcohol than her.

What in the hell is it with Brandi and putting down Eileen's home yet again?  YMMV, c'mon.  I mean, if you like antiques and warm colored wood you're gonna like the house.  If you don't dig antiques and lean toward more streamlined decor the house isn't for you.  I didn't see the episode until after reading this board so when I watched the episode I was waiting to see some horrible haunted house or .... ?  The house was perfectly lovely with antiques (each piece thoughtfully chosen and a story behind every one I'm sure!)

I may not like antiques these days but I do appreciate them and if I was taking a tour of a  house like Eileen's I would be asking my host/hostess a few questions about interesting pieces shown.  Its called being a good house guest.  Brandi's a straight-up moron. 

IMO Carlton's house (trying too hard to be edgy and oh-so shockingly cool !!) with the stupid confessional, sex dungeon, and all those crosses was worse.  Eileen and Vince decorated with antiques, Brandi.  No biggie and no worries.  You probably couldn't afford them anyway.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 9

I can buy that Brandi sort of hates Kyle. Kyle was horrible to her when they first met, then made Brandi grovel for forgiveness without admitting to any fault herself, then continued to be horrible to her for a while, then finally apologized at the reunion, and came out smelling like a rose. Honestly, had it been me, Kyle would never make my list of friends, ever. But I'm not a 40 year old hot mess with the self-esteem and emotional maturity of a middle schooler. And I'm not on a reality show. I think Brandi liked being in Kyle's good graces after Hawaii and I think she moved closer to her after the PR blow up with LisaV, but I don't think she ever really stopped resenting her. All of these women strategize their friendships in a way that is pathetic for grown women, but damn entertaining for a TV show.

• Love 11

I can buy that Brandi sort of hates Kyle. Kyle was horrible to her when they first met, then made Brandi grovel for forgiveness without admitting to any fault herself, then continued to be horrible to her for a while, then finally apologized at the reunion, and came out smelling like a rose. 

Wait. What? Kyle has come out of a reunion smelling like a rose? Honestly, I do not remember that (maybe S1?).  

• Love 4

Wait. What? Kyle has come out of a reunion smelling like a rose? Honestly, I do not remember that (maybe S1?).  

I can't think of any reunion where Kyle came out "smelling like a rose".  Now, at the last reunion she really let out what she was feeling with Lisa and not everyone completely hated her, but I didn't take it as some sort of victory.  

• Love 4

Well maybe "smelling like a rose" is an overstatement, but I can see from Brandi's immature tit for tat brain that Kyle was let off easy by production. Brandi may have felt like she was owed a pound of flesh and she's been looking to collect ever sense.
I can buy that Brandi sort of hates Kyle. Kyle was horrible to her when they first met, then made Brandi grovel for forgiveness without admitting to any fault herself, then continued to be horrible to her for a while, then finally apologized at the reunion, and came out smelling like a rose.

But what's funny about that is that Kim did that way more than Kyle! Kim played the victim in Game Night even more than Kyle did. Kyle's problem, as I remember, was that she did try to make peace with Brandi, but really never apologized as fully as she should--in large part because she kept focusing on how terrible, mean Brandi accused Kim of doing meth. But Kyle was the Richards sister who bore the accusation of bully and took what responsibility there was that was taken. Kim, by contrast, refused to apologize to Brandi and basically kept claiming that Brandi needed to apologize to her--and Kim was even the meaner of the two on Game Night.

So it's really nothing to do with the Richards' good/bad behavior that's made Brandi focus on Kyle as the enemy and more quickly become Kim's buddy. It's more that Brandi just responds well to Kim's victim act when she's given the chance to be the protector or something. It really seems like Kyle's always been more of a problem for her because Kyle isn't really a victim. I mean, she knows how to play the martyr, but even when she's doing that it's about Kyle taking care of things, not about Kyle needing to be taken care of by others. So that seems to be the bigger issue--and I suspect Kim is kind of similar in that way.  

• Love 9