Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: House Of Cards

• Start Topic

But there's nothing else that's really an issue there other than Kyle's feelings. She can't just discount Kim when she says she's fine without totally babying her and controlling her life and making decisions for her. In a normal situation, if someone invites someone to something that winds up being unenjoyable for them, they're going to feel bad. There's nothing else for them to do but express remorse and say they feel bad. Of course it is possible for the hostess to be insensitive about it and make it about their feelings instead of the person wronged, but sometimes the hostess is far more mortified than the guest is hurt.

That's why I wrote that even asking Kim if she was ok was a dumb question, and was more about Kyle wanting to be ok with the mix-up at lunch. I also don't agree that a hostess' only option is to express remorse. There are almost always other options, including here.

I think Kim's pretty much said she has no friends. The only friends she ever really picks up on the show are other people with similar problems like Ken and Brandi. And probably Monty. But at the same time, she's a terrible friend to others.

Don't forget her dog.

But with the Lisa R scene it seems like she's covering for her, which I do think she does. It's like she's admitted that Kim has a problem but still hasn't admitted the whole problem. She still doesn't seem to be seeing (or admitting to seeing) the sister she actually has, who has a history of pretending to be a superstar rehab person when she's still using. One look at Kim's blog makes that clear. And Kyle seems always ready to swear to Kim's sobriety when even as a TV viewer I don't buy it. Sometimes it seems like she's doing it to keep Kim from coming at her again about the limo. (It's funny, actually, that Kim and Brandi both seem to have "outed" Kyle as an alcoholic as well, only nobody takes that as a terrible thing to do because nobody believes it.)

It's kind of like Kim's "one pill" confessions. She admits to a little thing to keep from admitting to the truth. In Kyle's case it's like she's thrilled to be able to come out and say Kim has a problem but after that everything is fixed and perfect.

Yes! I agree with all of this.

• Love 2

I wonder if Kim has mental issues which may have started her on her spiral downward? I have also wondered if she and Kyle have been victims of sexual abuse? Being young girls in the industry, there are plenty of opportunities for adults to take advantage of child actors.

This, a hundred times over this.

• Love 4

The restaurants at the Bacara Resort & Spa...note that the Foley Wine Tasting Room is listed as a restaurant:

http://www.bacararesort.com/best-santa-barbara-dining/

Savor Some of the Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara, CA

Bacara guests can indulge in a range of ambiances at our resort’s dining experiences in Santa Barbara. Executive Chef David Reardon blends locally grown ingredients with innovative techniques to capture the unique flavors of Santa Barbara County.

Wake up with a delightful breakfast at the Spa Café, relax with a grass-fed beef burger at the pool, or wind down with a cocktail by one of the resort’s cozy fireplaces. Bacara’s cuisine has long been applauded by guests and food critics alike. To experience some of the best restaurants in Santa Barbara, many culinary tours make a long stop at Bacara Resort & Spa.

Learn more about our award-winning restaurants
The Bistro
Spa Café
Blend
Bacara Bar
Beach House
Foley Wine Tasting Room

• Love 2

I've always felt that way, too.

That scene of her crawling around on a dirty bathroom floor at the motel looking for "something" (which Ken instructed her to NOT put into her purse) before the SUR event a couple of seasons ago and her equally curious behavior digging through plastic baggies in the limousine looked much more like the behavior of a pill/powder addict than an alcoholic and was all sorts of freakish.

I think in the Richards' sisters minds (and probably in a lot of people's minds) being an alcoholic is a more acceptable addiction because alcohol is a legal substance.  

Co-signing on this, too.

• Love 8
I could not help but think how similar poker night was to game night at PamDana's house. Back then, it was the Richard Sisters against Brandi. This time, it was Brandi and Kim against Kyle. At game night, Kyle was trying her best to protect Kim, doing her best to get her glammed up with make-up, making sure Kim was sober enough to hang out, and then be all buddy-buddy with her sister as they ganged up on Brandi and called her names. This time, Brandi is all buddy-buddy with Kim, as they both go at it with Kyle, while Brandi calls Kyle "stupid".  The only difference? Eileen had food, whereas PamDana had crappy appetizers.

A few pages back I posted about this very thing.

Eileen also had a lot more sense than DanaPam in that she didn't play into Kim's loopy bullshit the way Dana did. Dana tried to kiss Kim's ass thinking that it would get her in good with Kyle only it didn't work out that way because Kyle and everybody else could smell Dana's desperation a mile away. When even Taylor thinks you're coming off a tad desperate things must be pretty bad. 

That scene of her crawling around on a dirty bathroom floor at the motel looking for "something" (which Ken instructed her to NOT put into her purse) before the SUR event a couple of seasons ago and her equally curious behavior digging through plastic baggies in the limousine looked much more like the behavior of a pill/powder addict than an alcoholic and was all sorts of freakish.

Not to mention the frequent trips to the bathroom at Game Night and SUR. No way do I believe that Kim wasn't snorting something that season. That shit was way too obvious IMO. When Andy interviewed her in the one on one after that season she couldn't even look at the limo footage for more than ten, maybe fifteen seconds before she asked him to stop showing it. She freaked out right around when they got to the part where she was looking through the baggies and Ken 2.0 was trying to keep her from busting them both. 

I don't think those loopy talking heads with that hideous blouse were alcohol related either. JMO. 

• Love 6

I think that's essentially it. But I think the relationship is very complicated.  Remember the limo conversation from a few seasons back when Kyle outed Kim as an alcholic? 

Kim made the comment that Kyle "stole her house".

Kyle said that Mauricio had been helping Kim financially.

Kyle also said something about their mother dying and leaving her (Kyle) with this (Kim).

Kim probably did support the family (or contributed much to it) when she was acting. Kyle, while also acting sometimes, probably had a more normal childhood. They Kyle marries Mauricio, a successful businessman and for all intents and purposes has a great life while Kim has fallen apart.

I think Kim resents Kyle on many levels. When she gets drunk or high, she tends to takes pot shots at Kyle.  She did the same thing in Hawaii at Mauricio's dinner party (but not as bad, just little digs).  But with Brandi enabling and instigating at the Poker party, it got ugly fast.

And Brandi knew exactly what she was doing.

When Kyle and Mauricio got together and then married, he was a regular RE Agent working in his now brother in-laws brokerage firm. He was not wealthy by the rest of the families standards. He built his wealth but it did not happen over night. I doubt that Big Kathy was very pleased with Kyle when she married him, Mauricio did not fit the criteria that she set for any son in-law. Kim has always landed the biggest fishes/husbands/$$$$ out of the 3 sisters but she could never maintain a marriage, she always cheated on her husbands and then left them. I wonder why Brandi is so eager to forgive Kim's infidelities during her marriages but not others?

• Love 7

I'm adding some spaces to your post to make it easier to read, because I agree with all of it.

I'll go further and say that I believe Kyle ADORES her martyr role, and it's a "SEE, I am the best sister after all!  I win!" endless game those 3 poor girls have played since dear old dead mom started it.  They are all examples of child acting and stage mothering at it's worst.  Not to mention Big Kathy's insistence that they all marry rich men while they were VERY young and start popping out kids. 

For me, it's not about "Who was the worst?"  Kim, Kyle, and Brandi were all assholes last  night. 

I'm tired of Brandi's rudeness and drunkeness and same old sex as shock conversations.  Dusty, musty, and lame.

I'm tired of Kim's addiction issues, turtles! and other passive-aggressive bullshit.

I'm tired of Kyle playing victim, and trying to win the gold star and redeem herself from Limo-gate. 

Do I think Kyle is lying through her teeth about being unaware this was all going to be centered around wine (again?)  70% yes I do.  I don't trust her, don't like her, don't buy her act about being a concerned sister.  That doesn't mean I don't believe she's gone through pain with an addict in the family.  That fact doesn't obscure her general nasty "mean girl with a smile" personality.  I think she used Brandi last year to go after Lisa, to both separate them, and "get even" as well as to take over Queen Bee position. 

Do I think drunken, obnoxious Brandi really was trying to save Kim from Limo-gate part deux?  Yes, I do.  I think she was trying to stop the filming because she knew exactly what Kyle would do with this opportunity.  (We shall see if Kyle succeeds next week.)  I don't blame Brandi one singe bit for shoving the grabby Kyle off of her, the second time Kyle grabbed her they were on stairs, so being off balance added to the look of it.  I would have made sure my friend got out of the range of cameras too. 

As for Kim, you can see her resentment for Kyle practically dripping out of her pores.  Again, I think it's so many issues that have nothing to do with this show, but from a history that began while one of them was barely out of diapers.  She's responsible for her substance abuse, but so is Big Kathy, and for that matter, Disney.  We have better laws for child actors now, but I still wonder if they are enough. 

Do I think Kyle wanted to HELP Kim by getting her to "talk" in front of cameras?  Or stay?  HELL NO.

Do I think Kim went back in to fight some more with Kyle, possibly because while under the influence she gets the excuse to say what she really thinks?  Yes, and Brandi knew it, and tried to stop it.  So props to Brandi for that.

The real questions are, does Maurice (as Kim calls him) really have a tiny dick, or was that Kyle's first husband?

Also, did Maurice steal Kim's damn house?

To the real question...that's what I was thinking...then someone is talking out of bed, lol!  I think Maurice paid Kim $1.50 for the darn house, JK!?  ROTFL  is she still holding a grudge?

Edited by RealityTVSmack
  • Love 1

Yeah, Kim focusing on alcohol always seemed weird to me.  I think pill, and drug, prescription or not, is her main issue.

I just realized KYLE WINS!  No one is talking about Mauricio's cheating rumors or the transvestite anymore.  http://starmagazine.com/2013/06/06/star-exclusive-new-allegations-that-mauricio-is-cheating-on-kyle-richards/

We are back to "poor Kyle, dealing with her addict sister."  Also, she broke up Lisa and Brandi last season, and although Lisa came through Kyle's fires fairly well, she has scorch marks.  Brandi will have no one soon, and Kyle can finally do what she tried to do the moment Brandi arrived at Pam Dana's house with crutches, get rid of the younger, hotter competition.

Maybe the transvestite had the tiny penis?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

Eileen also had a lot more sense than DanaPam in that she didn't play into Kim's loopy bullshit the way Dana did. Dana tried to kiss Kim's ass thinking that it would get her in good with Kyle only it didn't work out that way because Kyle and everybody else could smell Dana's desperation a mile away. When even Taylor thinks you're coming off a tad desperate things must be pretty bad. 

Not to mention the frequent trips to the bathroom at Game Night and SUR. No way do I believe that Kim wasn't snorting something that season. That shit was way too obvious IMO. When Andy interviewed her in the one on one after that season she couldn't even look at the limo footage for more than ten, maybe fifteen seconds before she asked him to stop showing it. She freaked out right around when they got to the part where she was looking through the baggies and Ken 2.0 was trying to keep her from busting them both. 

I don't think those loopy talking heads with that hideous blouse were alcohol related either. JMO. 

I think at some point during that debacle, Kim had even locked herself in the SUR bathroom and refused to come out or let anyone else in.

And that bizarre talk that night with Kyle about thinking she was/wanting to become pregnant?  

That entire evening was just beyond bizarre.

Oh, that blouse, the one with the gigantic bow?  Anybody who would freely choose to wear that hideous garment on camera would have to be under the influence of something.  That blouse needed it's own Twitter account.  

• Love 10

I don't think Kim has ever viewed any video before she went to rehab and I would also add that I don't think she watched the Paris footage either. Kim can not admit to her own guilt, she has never made amends with anyone that she hurt. She came out of rehab acting like it was all water under the bridge and should be forgotten except for when she felt slighted, that she will not hesitate to bring up guilt someone with. It is still all about Kim, her needs, her pain, her lonely nights, her, her, her..... She will never be fully clean/sober because she will never admit to what she has done and to who she did it to without saying but "I felt", but "I needed", but "you hurt me"........

• Love 12

Kim has no business being on this show.  She has always been a third wheel with no real story line other than being a selfish pill popping alcoholic who happens to be a has-been actress. I have always found her boring and tedious.

Not a fan of Kyle's either but I have sympathy for her with all the crap Kim has put on Kyle's plate and forced her to deal with.

• Love 9

Yeah, Kim focusing on alcohol always seemed weird to me.  I think pill, and drug, prescription or not, is her main issue.

I just realized KYLE WINS!  No one is talking about Mauricio's cheating rumors or the transvestite anymore.  http://starmagazine.com/2013/06/06/star-exclusive-new-allegations-that-mauricio-is-cheating-on-kyle-richards/

We are back to "poor Kyle, dealing with her addict sister."  Also, she broke up Lisa and Brandi last season, and although Lisa came through Kyle's fires fairly well, she has scorch marks.  Brandi will have no one soon, and Kyle can finally do what she tried to do the moment Brandi arrived at Pam Dana's house with crutches, get rid of the younger, hotter competition.

I guess you missed Brandi's dig at Kyle and ALL of the other married women, that all their husbands cheat! Of course she added just kidding after about 10 seconds then she smirked. I am not sure Brandi is ready to give up on that storyline just yet, she is still trying to get digs in this season.

• Love 2

Kim has no business being on this show.  She has always been a third wheel with no real story line other than being a selfish pill popping alcoholic who happens to be a has-been actress. I have always found her boring and tedious.

The scenes of Kim and her dog/dog trainer last season confirm this. And I'm a dog lover.

• Love 4

Yeah, I've long been in the camp of booze is not Kim's biggest issue. Heck, I'm not even sure she's an alcoholic. There are so many times when she was drinking with everyone and just fine, along with way too many instances where she is looped out of her mind, but I'm not sure she was drunk. I think she's always been a pill popper and sometimes she mixed it with drinks and got a bad reaction. Saying it's a drinking problem be less embarrassing for her family. Look at the way Kyle lost her shit when Brandi made a (bad and mean spirited) joke about Kim doing meth in the bathroom. I think denial goes deep with the Richards so who knows what the full story is...

• Love 9

Ah yes, DanaPam. I had it backwards. That was a total fiasco!

Of course she added just kidding after about 10 seconds then she smirked.

I guess her lawyer told her to throw in "just kidding" after her comments so she can be assured to avoid paying any legal fees for the fake lawsuits that may be thrown her way.

• Love 3

I think Brandi was right about the meth in the bathroom, unless Kim could suddenly afford cocaine again after getting the Bravo gig.

I agree, Kim doesn't want to admit to drugs being the issue.  I hope she has while in therapy, but I doubt it.  As Paul said "you are over medicated." 

• Love 5

Maybe that's what Kim was alluding to...the cigar cylinder...a reminder of  his past conquest!  You can almost envision where that twisted-sister was going!!

When Kim finally promises Kyle she's no longer interfacing with Brandi (to keep their sister-hood) it will be doomsday for Brandi...she'll have single handedly burned every bridge to Bravo.  Coming distractions show Yolanda  acting like LisaV telling Brandi to stop her drunk behavior.

• Love 3

Boy, I wonder how much Bacara would have to pay for all this free (?) advertising.  I suddenly have this inexplicable urge to go book a weekend tasting package.  And I don't even like wine.

Please arrange a lunch. Then come back and tell us what happened.

• Love 1

Yup, first post here but I was very active on the TWoP forums. Plus I did spend an unhealthy amount of time on the forums when I didn't have a job so when I went back to work I had only so much time to post. That withdrawl was rough I have to say! LOL.

I remember you, Sincerely Yours! And you are not alone. I was actually secretly happy to learn a new home was being created here at Previously TV where I could return to posting.

• Love 7

Boy, I wonder how much Bacara would have to pay for all this free (?) advertising.  I suddenly have this inexplicable urge to go book a weekend tasting package.  And I don't even like wine.

Sorry, but it was simple to look up stuff and share. Now I'm starving...after reading about their chef.  OK lets all book a wine tasting, with lunch...wine does nothing for me either. lol  Has anyone posting from California ever visited?  The cooking classes looked like fun. So much room and so many places to eat. Maybe Bravo's pocketbook was empty due to salaries?

This is part of what bothers me - Kyle's contention that that Kim is "strong enough" to do what she needed to do. She's not. Most addicts are not, that's why most relapse. It isn't Kyle's responsibility to bolster Kim's strength, but I feel like she's complicit in Kim's lie that she's doing well with her sobriety. I mean, come on! Even viewers can see that's she's not. And hasn't been since, well, this entire time.

In a sneak peek for next week, Kyle is driving home with Lisa R., who very directly asks about Kim's sobriety. Kyle covers for her. I think Kyle still feels a lot of guilt over exposing Kim's alcoholism, and going along with Kim's sobriety storyline is part of a pact she made with Kim, maybe even a subconscious one.

This is the classic damned if you do damned if you don't.  Kim tells Kyle how well she is doing and Kyle has to believe her.  Kim tells Kyle she took a pill but she is till sober -Kyle can't question Kim and she can't defy her.  I think Kyle sticks with the booze and doesn't process the pill as breaks in sobriety.  I tell you Kim has conditional sobriety and she sets the conditions.  I am left wondering to Kim drank a lot of Nyquil while she was sick with bronchitis?  Does it count if it is generic equivalent of Nyquil or is that a pass in Kim's book? 

• Love 8

I guess you missed Brandi's dig at Kyle and ALL of the other married women, that all their husbands cheat! Of course she added just kidding after about 10 seconds then she smirked. I am not sure Brandi is ready to give up on that storyline just yet, she is still trying to get digs in this season.

I didn't miss it, but it wasn't directly about Maury, let alone the transvestite.

We know Eddie cheated.  Mohammed cheated on Yo, that's why she left him.  "My Love" has been married so many times, it's kind of hard to believe he hasn't cheated.  Stories have been around for years about Maury's cheating.  Eileen's husband cheated on his first wife, with Eileen.  Unsure about any of Kim's husbands,  and I doubt Ken's cheated on Lisa.  Kelsey cheated on Camille.  Didn't PamDana call her ex a cheater too?  So apparently lots of the husbands on this show have cheated.  I'm missing names.  Kim says Harry cheated http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/11/lisa-rinna-harry-hamlin-cheating-rumors-rhobh-kim-richards-real-housewives-beverly-hills/, hadn't read that one before.

• Love 1

I have been to a few wine-tasting places in Santa Barbara, since it is near my hometown. Bacara has been on my list, but now I really want to try it out. They have a Facebook page where they mentioned the RHoBH episode that would be airing along with a photo of the group: https://www.facebook.com/BacaraResort

I have been and it is amazing.  It is expensive and well worth it.  Sometimes they have pretty good packages and you can always do a day spa thing.  To put it in context it was 1/4 of a billion dollar project.  Big, big money in it and it shows.  I am thinking the Bacara will probably be a little disappointed in their exposure.

• Love 1

This is the classic damned if you do damned if you don't.  Kim tells Kyle how well she is doing and Kyle has to believe her.  Kim tells Kyle she took a pill but she is till sober -Kyle can't question Kim and she can't defy her.  I think Kyle sticks with the booze and doesn't process the pill as breaks in sobriety. 

In the scene in question, Kim, in the bathroom, tells Kyle that she took a pill. Cut to Kyle saying "OMG" in a Talking Head, but as it played out, it didn't seem to be an OMG moment in real-time, as there was nothing from Kyle via the mic, and they walked out seemingly on good terms. Kyle even mentions in her blog that it was a positive revelation, because at least Kim was more open about this stuff, when before she used to hide and deny everything. There seems to be a disconnect for Kyle. Her OMG moments need to be in front of Kim, not behind her back, with the other ladies, or in a TH. Maybe that breaks the pact they have?

• Love 1

This is the classic damned if you do damned if you don't.  Kim tells Kyle how well she is doing and Kyle has to believe her.  Kim tells Kyle she took a pill but she is till sober -Kyle can't question Kim and she can't defy her.  I think Kyle sticks with the booze and doesn't process the pill as breaks in sobriety.  I tell you Kim has conditional sobriety and she sets the conditions.  I am left wondering to Kim drank a lot of Nyquil while she was sick with bronchitis?  Does it count if it is generic equivalent of Nyquil or is that a pass in Kim's book? 

THIS!!!!  ...and this is why I give Kyle a pass.

I wish Mauricio or one of her close friends could/would din in to Kyle and Kathy to Step Away Let Kim Fail. Let her really and truly hit bottom, let her and her behavior be in full light with no one to blame but herself. Just walk away from her or ask her to leave if she's a mess and don't make excuses for her, don't make it easy for her, don't try to save face. Shut her down if she pulls the pity & blame card hang up on her if she starts in.

• Love 5

I remember you, Sincerely Yours! And you are not alone. I too was driven away by that horrible moderator - and, yes, I will name her - TWOP Howard. After posting literally for 10 years without a single warning, I started not only getting warnings for the most ridiculous "infractions," but also the most condescending, off-the-wall messages attached to them. I finally refused to "acknowledge" one such warning and left TWoP rather than bend to the will of such an obviously dysfunctional power tripper. I was actually secretly happy to learn a new home was being created here at Previously TV where I could return to posting. The true silver lining of TWoP's end! Welcome!

Replying in Small Talk. I have to. ;-)

(edited)

I didn't miss it, but it wasn't directly about Maury, let alone the transvestite.

We know Eddie cheated.  Mohammed cheated on Yo, that's why she left him.  "My Love" has been married so many times, it's kind of hard to believe he hasn't cheated.  Stories have been around for years about Maury's cheating.  Eileen's husband cheated on his first wife, with Eileen.  Unsure about any of Kim's husbands,  and I doubt Ken's cheated on Lisa.  Kelsey cheated on Camille.  Didn't PamDana call her ex a cheater too?  So apparently lots of the husbands on this show have cheated.  I'm missing names.  Kim says Harry cheated http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/11/lisa-rinna-harry-hamlin-cheating-rumors-rhobh-kim-richards-real-housewives-beverly-hills/, hadn't read that one before.

That jab was directed at everyone, including Mauricio. LOL I wonder if anyone, Lisa R, will bring up Kim's cheating on both of her ex husbands?

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Yeah, Kim focusing on alcohol always seemed weird to me. I think pill, and drug, prescription or not, is her main issue.

I just realized KYLE WINS!

Thank God. I mean, I didn't know there would be winners and losers, but if true, i would do myself in if Brandi wins. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

I have been and it is amazing.  It is expensive and well worth it.  Sometimes they have pretty good packages and you can always do a day spa thing.  To put it in context it was 1/4 of a billion dollar project.  Big, big money in it and it shows.  I am thinking the Bacara will probably be a little disappointed in their exposure.

I was there a few times when it was new for events and its fabulous. I was a bit surprised it was used by the wives because its really high end. My first thought was to hope it was doing well and not like the St Regis that's had problems that was used all the time for RHOC. I think they might be disappointed too but at least there were no fights...

• Love 1

This is what everyone in the cast is expected to do with Kim. You have to believe what she says or your victimizing her. You have to ignore her slurred speech, unfocused eyes, and loopy demeanor. If you notice or talk about it, she'll cry and make you the bad guy.

Hell, I think that's part of what helped Brandi's popularity after Game Night. Amazing how things have worked out since then.

• Love 6

Now that I've actually seen the episode, I am completely convinced that the bitchard sisters made a conscious decision to use kim's addiction as a major part of their storyline.  Which is disgusting and sick in ways I can not even begin to articulate. It is one thing for an addict to let their story be known in a cautionary, PSA sort of way, intended to help others recognize, address and (hopefully) overcome their substance abuse issues. There is no possible way to construe this load of shit into something having any socially redeeming qualities.

I really have to wonder what kind of an arrogant rat bastard uses their drunken/drugged situation/lifestyle as a means of staying relevant and in the public eye? kim's tagline about having been rich and famous but happiness is better is hypocrisy personified since she is using her obvious lack of any sort of happiness to help her re-achieve 'fame' and 'rich' while giving only shallow lip service to any efforts at sobriety. When, for example, have we ever heard Kim excuse herself from some social obligation so she can attend AA or NA or any other sort of support group? Should that not be a very integral part of a recovering addict's storyline? When has she ever bragged about sobriety milestones? I worked in the SA industry for years and learned early on how to tell the difference between those who are honestly focused on recovery and those who are merely going through the motions and playing the system to get what they need until they can hook up again and go off to la-la-land. The ones who were honest in their desire to achieve sobriety may not have succeeded the first time, the second time or even the twentieth time - but they were unmistakeable in their desire to someday, somehow, be able to live a clean and sober life, and have the tools and support system to help them when they slip - industry statistics says 75% of all addicts relapse - it ain't easy by any means.

And what kind of an arrogant rat bastard of a ('sober') sister plays along with such a sick idea, right up to AND including so MANY clues that the other sister is indeed addicted that it can not be ignore?

I have as much of a problem with Bravo giving a platform to this behavior as I do to the bullshit going on with the 'stars' of NJ. Which means I won't be watching this show any long either - and that is a major shame as I really Like Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson on this show - I think the addition of those two is exactly what BH needs to revitalize!

Well, no ATL because of rewarded violent behavior,no (potentially) more NJ because of rewarded criminal behavior (I will watch if there are NO more Giudices,but I have to admit that is probably a pipe dream), no more VPR because of Stassi, and now no more BH because of rewarded SA behavior. I guess that leaves Top Chef - at least competition shows don't try to convince us of any BS about any the the participant's private lives - at least, no so far.

Interesting theory - all the open talk about Kim being sober, talking about it at Bacara, talking about it at the lunch the next day, talking about it in talking head, talking about it with Brandi in the limo, only oops!  Kim's not so sober.  So was the falling off the wagon part of the plan or a surprise?  Or was it a surprise only to Kyle because I think Kim knew all along she wasn't sober!

First post here, so please excuse if this has been covered already.

I see Kim, Kyle and older sister Kathy as coming from a very messed up family.  Big Kathy the mother was a strange person who schooled her daughters in marrying rich and pushing show biz.  

Kim by many accounts supported her whole family working as a child.   I think that is where the love/hate between the two sisters stems from. Kim resented it, Kyle was jealous of Kim's stardom and the list goes on and on.

I think Kim was damaged by her childhood, so my little bit of sympathy goes with her.  I think Kyle's concern is an act for the show. 

Kim's triggers could be anything from the real to the imagined. I was remembering when the report came out about her child being naked in the street, having a mental breakdown of sorts, and being put in a mental health facility on hold. I wonder if Kim has mental issues which may have started her on her spiral downward? I have also wondered if she and Kyle have been victims of sexual abuse? Being young girls in the industry, there are plenty of opportunities for adults to take advantage of child actors.

They were Disney girls.  Makes you wonder when you hear of all the sexual abuse in Hollywood.  Geez I hope not.  But Big Kathy wasn't the best mom in the world either about protecting her daughters.  Both of them were married and pregnant at young ages.

This is an honest question since I'm not an alcoholic, but can something like this be a trigger? In other words, is it possible that even though Kim looked fine at the wine tasting, and said she was ok with it, and no drama ensued, is it possible that it triggered something that resulted in an eventual relapse? (I also want to say that saying she's ok and being ok are not always the same thing. In this instance I felt bad for Kim, because her "yes, I'm fine" was probably more about not wanting to call attention to herself and her addiction vs. the truth).

As noted by other posters, the whole wine tasting bothered me because Lisa V. and Lisa R. had to make a big show out of coming over to check on Kim.  STFU you two camera-hogs.  As if they really care about Kim or if she is okay.  Esp. Lisa V.  She and Kim just had a huge blowout on the reunion.  Too bad Kim was fine. 

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 3

I think the thing with the Richards Sisters is that there is stuff they should do (on both ends) and then there is the fact that they both grew up in the same dysfunctional house and share some of the same piss poor conflict management skills. Both have a tendency to sort of explain away their less desirable behaviors (Kim's an addict, Kyle's the sister of an addict, that how they were raised, Big Kathy made them promise, etc...) as if finding an explanation is the same as actually solving a problem. They both also have a strong tendency to want to have their cake an eat it too. Kim wants everyone to leave her alone, except when she wants to be babied. Kyle wants to have boudaries with Kim, except for whenever Kim disagrees with her about how to make potatoes. They both have a tendency to talk as if they have no options(or to not acknowledge options they don't like) and they both expect everyone else to be on the same page about their relationship (whatever that page may be) as they are. So yeah Kim needs to focus on her sobriety, but she won't. Kyle isn't responsible for Kim, except that she keeps volunteering for the job. They just aren't very introspective people so I think changing patterns is really hard for them.

This 100%. I think you have it down pat. Kyle's comment in the limo about addicts (there are people who have non-addictive personalities and people who have addictive personalities) is pretty indicative of her way of viewing the world. She's not very introspective and tends to go towards palliatives and commonplaces to explain her behavior and others' behavior. If you break those down (e.g. Big Kathy told me to take care of Kim), they don't make a lot of sense. That said, I have sympathy for Kyle, insofar as it's a coping mechanism for explaining away the fucked-up behaviors of the people she loved while maintaining her own functionality. It's all been said about Kim, although I find her an intriguing character in a train-wreck, Blanche DuBois of the San Fernando Valley sort of way (and I think many viewers do too, if not the people who post here.)

Whenever the Richards Sisters get into an argument...I feel like they bring up a lot of stuff that we, as the audience, aren't privy to. For example, Kyle yelling at Kim - "You never took care of me!" - in the limo in S1 seemed like a specific reference to a trauma that they haven't come out and admitted. I'm just postulating here, but I think Kim telling Kyle "you aren't comfortable with these, are you?" (or whatever she said, exactly), when she was waving the candle around, referred to a similar or related incident. Kyle is a bit squeamish and pearl-clutching about the sexual and raunchy. So is Kim (and she seems to revert to childish behaviors if she's uncomfortable enough.) Remember her telling Brandi, "You're just a dirty little girl!" If House of Hilton has any truth, that's not a character trait they shared with their mother, who booked a man to teach her eldest daughter how to have sex in a van outside her house (and was generally a pretty raunchy person.) Again, if House of Hilton has any truth (which I think it does), Kim and Kyle would pick up their intoxicated mother and her beaux from bars (driving as young teenagers) and perform for them.

I wouldn't be shocked if one of her mother's dates - or some man they were in contact with through the entertainment industry - sexually assaulted Kyle (or Kim and Kyle) at a young age and Kyle feels Kim didn't adequately protect her from the abuse or enabled it in some way. Kim's response to her trauma (if she was also assaulted, which is likely), was to transfer her self-loathing onto Kyle. Perhaps the guy assaulted Kim first and then moved on to Kyle, and then Kim didn't protect Kyle from him because she'd been acclimated to the abuse? If this was the case, the perp either could have been someone important to their careers (and therefore Kim, who had been taught to prioritize their careers and marriage prospects above all else, rationalized it for her and Kyle), or Kim had just come to believe it was "normal."

I haven't really bought the Kim-or-Kyle-as-CSA-survivors explanation before, but if you put the two comments together, plus my outside knowledge, it seems quite plausible. They were both at risk by being on studio lots - as others have said, child abuse was a "silent epidemic" in the entertainment industry in the '70s - and because of their mother's exposure of the sisters to her indiscriminate liaisons. Kim's addictive behaviors (as activities filling a void) are consistent with many CSA survivors who've never dealt with their abuse. But, it's still extreme speculation. It's also possible that Kim (or Kim in conjunction with her mother and/or Little Kathy) were complicit in setting up Kyle to "learn sex" or lose her virginity as a teenager, thereby participating in another form of sexual abuse. Kyle may not have been cooperative (hence the reference to her discomfort with the phallic candle.) It could've gotten back to Kim - who, having misguidedly viewed her mother as a moral compass, criticized Kyle for her resistance. Slightly more banally, Kim could have introduced Kyle to boyfriends who she didn't want to have sex (or perform specific sexual activities with) and then criticized Kyle for it. Vis a vis the "You never took care of me!" comment, perhaps Kyle (even though she adored her mother) wanted to live with Kim after Kim turned 18 to have a screen from her mother's demands, and Kim refused? Perhaps the candle comment refers to the incident, described in House of Hilton, where Kyle walked in on her mother as a young child having sex with a suitor and chased the guy out of bed (presumably naked)?

Whatever the candle was a reference to, I don't think it was a reference to Guraish or Mauricio's penis size (to use Kyle's preferred term.)

My understanding of the Richards family dynamic, as it relates to Kim, is that Kim was the favorite and doted on - as the "star" of the family and the one with the highest number of wealthy suitors - but that, as the favorite, Big Kathy also lived her life through her the most (e.g. they had the most co-dependent relationship) and she was exposed the most nakedly to her mother's demands upon her, whatever those may have been. Add that to the condition of "planned obsolescence" of child stars and the other risks of being a child star (in terms of risks to her and the risk she posed to herself by being so rich at 18), and you have someone who's kind of an empty husk outside of her relationship with Big Kathy and Big Kathy's ideas of what she should be. Kim has said she regretted her career and wanted to give a more "normal" life to her children, but she isn't equipped with any understanding of herself outside of her co-dependent relationship with her mother and her child stardom (which, admittedly, both had lots of perks.) Therefore, she never had the tools to act on what she learned from her experience. There's this kind of vacuum where a mature self should be - or maybe a gap between herself and what she'd like to think she is - that she fills with addiction.

I think Kim is ultimately the only one responsible for her behavior as an adult. That doesn't mean there isn't some culpability of other parties who've helped make her the adult she is. I agree that her (now deceased) mother, her older sister, and, yes, Disney - many of whose alumni have talked about how destructive the high demands Disney places on them can be - hold responsibility, in varying degrees, for molding her in their own interests more than her long-term interests.

That jab was directed at everyone, including Mauricio. LOL I wonder if anyone, Lisa R, will bring up Kim's cheating on both of her ex husbands?

Not to put it past her, but do you have a source that she cheated on Gregg? I don't remember reading that in House of Hilton. The verdict in that book was that his parents and Big Kathy broke up the relationship. I read elsewhere that there were tabloid rumors that Gregg cheated on her. In my wildly speculative opinion, I think they probably (both) cheated on each other in some way and House of Hilton left that out because there could have been a legal agreement that they not discuss the exact causes of their divorce.

Maybe the remarkable synchrony of exposing Kim to a wine tasting (and hence, putting her in an awkward issue vis a vis her sobriety) to her falling off the wagon was Bravo magic. That, I could buy. But I totally think that Kim's line producer alerted their superior that Kim had swallowed some new mystery candy, who then directed Brandi and Kyle's line producers to tell them to make sure to discuss Kim's addictions on the car ride over to Eileen's. That's just too good to be true.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 5

This 100%. I think you have it down pat. Kyle's comment in the limo about addicts (there are people who have non-addictive personalities and people who have addictive personalities) is pretty indicative of her way of viewing the world. She's not very introspective and tends to go towards palliatives and commonplaces to explain her behavior and others' behavior. If you break those down (e.g. Big Kathy told me to take care of Kim), they don't make a lot of sense. That said, I have sympathy for Kyle, insofar as it's a coping mechanism for explaining away the fucked-up behaviors of the people she loved while maintaining her own functionality. It's all been said about Kim, although I find her an intriguing character in a train-wreck, Blanche DuBois of the San Fernando Valley sort of way (and I think many viewers do too, if not the people who post here.)

Whenever the Richards Sisters get into an argument...I feel like they bring up a lot of stuff that we, as the audience, aren't privy to. For example, Kyle yelling at Kim - "You never took care of me!" - in the limo in S1 seemed like a specific reference to a trauma that they haven't come out and admitted. I'm just postulating here, but I think Kim telling Kyle "you aren't comfortable with these, are you?" (or whatever she said, exactly), when she was waving the candle around, referred to a similar or related incident. Kyle is a bit squeamish and pearl-clutching about the sexual and raunchy. So is Kim (and she seems to revert to childish behaviors if she's uncomfortable enough.) Remember her telling Brandi, "You're just a dirty little girl!" If House of Hilton has any truth, that's not a character trait they shared with their mother, who booked a man to teach her eldest daughter how to have sex in a van outside her house (and was generally a pretty raunchy person.) Again, if House of Hilton has any truth (which I think it does), Kim and Kyle would pick up their intoxicated mother and her beaux from bars (driving as young teenagers) and perform for them.

I wouldn't be shocked if one of her mother's dates - or some man they were in contact with through the entertainment industry - sexually assaulted Kyle (or Kim and Kyle) at a young age and Kyle feels Kim didn't adequately protect her from the abuse or enabled it in some way. Kim's response to her trauma (if she was also assaulted, which is likely), was to transfer her self-loathing onto Kyle. Perhaps the guy assaulted Kim first and then moved on to Kyle, and then Kim didn't protect Kyle from him because she'd been acclimated to the abuse? If this was the case, the perp either could have been someone important to their careers (and therefore Kim, who had been taught to prioritize their careers and marriage prospects above all else, rationalized it for her and Kyle), or Kim had just come to believe it was "normal."

I haven't really bought the Kim-or-Kyle-as-CSA-survivors explanation before, but if you put the two comments together, plus my outside knowledge, it seems quite plausible. They were both at risk by being on studio lots - as others have said, child abuse was a "silent epidemic" in the entertainment industry in the '70s - and because of their mother's exposure of the sisters to her indiscriminate liaisons. Kim's addictive behaviors (as activities filling a void) are consistent with many CSA survivors who've never dealt with their abuse. But, it's still extreme speculation. It's also possible that Kim (or Kim in conjunction with her mother and/or Little Kathy) were complicit in setting up Kyle to "learn sex" or lose her virginity as a teenager, thereby participating in another form of sexual abuse. Kyle may not have been cooperative (hence the reference to her discomfort with the phallic candle.) It could've gotten back to Kim - who, having misguidedly viewed her mother as a moral compass, criticized Kyle for her resistance. Slightly more banally, Kim could have introduced Kyle to boyfriends who she didn't want to have sex (or perform specific sexual activities with) and then criticized Kyle for it. Vis a vis the "You never took care of me!" comment, perhaps Kyle (even though she adored her mother) wanted to live with Kim after Kim turned 18 to have a screen from her mother's demands, and Kim refused? Perhaps the candle comment refers to the incident, described in House of Hilton, where Kyle walked in on her mother as a young child having sex with a suitor and chased the guy out of bed (presumably naked)?

Whatever the candle was a reference to, I don't think it was a reference to Guraish or Mauricio's penis size (to use Kyle's preferred term.)

My understanding of the Richards family dynamic, as it relates to Kim, is that Kim was the favorite and doted on - as the "star" of the family and the one with the highest number of wealthy suitors - but that, as the favorite, Big Kathy also lived her life through her the most (e.g. they had the most co-dependent relationship) and she was exposed the most nakedly to her mother's demands upon her, whatever those may have been. Add that to the condition of "planned obsolescence" of child stars and the other risks of being a child star (in terms of risks to her and the risk she posed to herself by being so rich at 18), and you have someone who's kind of an empty husk outside of her relationship with Big Kathy and Big Kathy's ideas of what she should be. Kim has said she regretted her career and wanted to give a more "normal" life to her children, but she isn't equipped with any understanding of herself outside of her co-dependent relationship with her mother and her child stardom (which, admittedly, both had lots of perks.) Therefore, she never had the tools to act on what she learned from her experience. There's this kind of vacuum where a mature self should be - or maybe a gap between herself and what she'd like to think she is - that she fills with addiction.

I think Kim is ultimately the only one responsible for her behavior as an adult. That doesn't mean there isn't some culpability of other parties who've helped make her the adult she is. I agree that her (now deceased) mother, her older sister, and, yes, Disney - many of whose alumni have talked about how destructive the high demands Disney places on them can be - hold responsibility, in varying degrees, for molding her in their own interests more than her long-term interests.

Not to put it past her, but do you have a source that she cheated on Gregg? I don't remember reading that in House of Hilton. The verdict in that book was that his parents and Big Kathy broke up the relationship. I read elsewhere that there were tabloid rumors that Gregg cheated on her. In my wildly speculative opinion, I think they probably (both) cheated on each other in some way and House of Hilton left that out because there could have been a legal agreement that they not discuss the exact causes of their divorce.

Maybe the remarkable synchrony of exposing Kim to a wine tasting (and hence, putting her in an awkward issue vis a vis her sobriety) to her falling off the wagon was Bravo magic. That, I could buy. But I totally think that Kim's line producer alerted their superior that Kim had swallowed some new mystery candy, who then directed Brandi and Kyle's line producers to tell them to make sure to discuss Kim's addictions on the car ride over to Eileen's. That's just too good to be true.

I read in an article sometime back that she did cheat on him with the guy that was murdered and I do not doubt it.

• Love 2

I believe the reason Kyle didn't want Kim going any further with the big stick is they were in mixed company.  Kyle left because who the hell wants some bawdy inappropriate comment on TV for their grown daughter and teenage daughters to see.  One thing to talk about pubic hair quite another to go the direction Kim was headed. 

Just something I would like to pass on-not everything in the "Book of Hilton" is necessarily gospel.  I must say speculating about Kim and/or Kyle being molested creeps me out.  It is sinking to the level of Brandi to discuss a victim or potential victim of sexual abuse.  It is just so wrong on every level.  If Kim or Kyle raises it then I think it should be discussed but speculation based on their behavior on this show just seems so out of bounds.

• Love 14

Wow.  That's all I can say after reading many of these posts.  Here's what I know.  Having a family member who is addicted to something such as alcohol or pills is horrible.  You want to do the right thing but what is the right thing?  You can't win.  Look at all the different opinions here alone.  Don't expose her to alcohol (the wine tasting), don't treat her any differently,  you should have gotten Kim out of that party, you shouldn't have asked her if she was ok, you shouldn't have left the poker table so Kim could follow you to the bathroom,  you should acknowledge that she has a pill problem, you shouldn't do anything that seems that you're focusing on what you've been through, go home with her, don't go home with her, you're enabling her.   Bottom line is that Kim is an addict and Kyle is a victim of her addiction. 

I thought it was ironic that Lisa R is given kudos about how she handled Kim in the limo.  Didn't Lisa ask her if she was drinking or taking drugs?   Why is Kyle not allowed to ask that same question?

I don't think Kyle thinks she's a martyr.  She's been putting up with Kim for decades.  She has every right to be frustrated, angry and emotional.   No matter how she handles Kim, she is going to be judged and criticized.  It's lose/lose for Kyle.  I give her props just for having to deal with it.  She has said a couple of times in past seasons to walk a mile in her shoes.  Personally,  I get it.  You walk on eggshells every time you're around the addict, sober or not.  And I also understand why she doesn't want to talk about it on national TV.  It's her personal business how she deals with it and that's what she may feel when expressing her 'all' her feelings about Kim and her addiction.  She's balancing.  I get that too.

There's a number of reasons why a person may become addictive to a substance.  I'm not going to blame her mother because of a book or speculation that she was molested because of her being a child star or a family lifestyle.  Kim has to deal with her own demons.  

After reading, like, 15 pages of comments, it is certainly clear to me that Kyle really can't put a foot right when it comes to Kim.  Either she is enabling, or she isn't supportive enough, or she is wrong for purposely "outing" her sister, or  is wrong for hiding Kim's addiction, or she has no obligation to Kim and is meddling, or she has helped Kim in the past, and now has a "moral" obligation to do so forever. She is responsible for allowing Kim to be in situations where her addictive tendencies might be triggered, like at the wine tasting,  but if she asks Kim if she is OK at the wine tasting, well, then she is being manipulative or only concerned with her own feelings.  In other words, she is wrong, no matter what. Anything less than perfection from Kyle is unacceptable.

All of us have imperfect relationships. Like Kyle and the rest of them, I am a wife, a parent, a daughter, a sister, and an aunt.  I have had family members with substance abuse problems, and serious illnesses, both physical and mental.   I would like to say that my actions and reactions have been flawless in all of these relationships, in every situation,  but that would be a lie.  God bless those who always know the right answer and have complete control of their own behavior, all day every day.  The rest of us mere mortals struggle with doing the right thing.    I commend Kyle-- I think she has grown a great deal over the years of this show when it comes to her relationship with Kim-- and I think she does have a huge burden.

I also have to say that I never get this idea that this one or that one is looking for camera time.  Aren't they ALL on this show because they want to be seen? I mean, does anyone think Lisa Vanderpump is performing a public service by being on this show? Does she appear on camera just to get her TV paycheck and then donate it to charity, as Martin Sheen used to do?  I doubt it.  No,   I'm thinking she wants a paycheck and the camera pointed right at her, as does Kyle, as does Yolanda, as does Brandi, as does Lisa R, and on and on....like I said long ago,  they are like a Rockettes chorus line--every one is doing those high kicks, trying to get noticed, but they are all out there kicking pretty much the same.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the reason Kyle didn't want Kim going any further with the big stick is they were in mixed company.  Kyle left because who the hell wants some bawdy inappropriate comment on TV for their grown daughter and teenage daughters to see.  One thing to talk about pubic hair quite another to go the direction Kim was headed. 

Just something I would like to pass on-not everything in the "Book of Hilton" is necessarily gospel.  I must say speculating about Kim and/or Kyle being molested creeps me out.  It is sinking to the level of Brandi to discuss a victim or potential victim of sexual abuse.  It is just so wrong on every level.  If Kim or Kyle raises it then I think it should be discussed but speculation based on their behavior on this show just seems so out of bounds.

And thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 18

Kyle does not crack those kinds of jokes around guys, she is uncomfortable around that kind of talk in mixed company. I think the majority of the book is spot on but at this age, both Kim and Kyle can only look to themselves when they do something to others, they are middle aged adults with children. Their own fighting, between them is different and does reveal childhood jealousies on both sides IMO.

Wow.  That's all I can say after reading many of these posts.  Here's what I know.  Having a family member who is addicted to something such as alcohol or pills is horrible.  You want to do the right thing but what is the right thing?  You can't win.  Look at all the different opinions here alone.  Don't expose her to alcohol (the wine tasting), don't treat her any differently,  you should have gotten Kim out of that party, you shouldn't have asked her if she was ok, you shouldn't have left the poker table so Kim could follow you to the bathroom,  you should acknowledge that she has a pill problem, you shouldn't do anything that seems that you're focusing on what you've been through, go home with her, don't go home with her, you're enabling her.   Bottom line is that Kim is an addict and Kyle is a victim of her addiction. 

I thought it was ironic that Lisa R is given kudos about how she handled Kim in the limo.  Didn't Lisa ask her if she was drinking or taking drugs?   Why is Kyle not allowed to ask that same question?

I don't think Kyle thinks she's a martyr.  She's been putting up with Kim for decades.  She has every right to be frustrated, angry and emotional.   No matter how she handles Kim, she is going to be judged and criticized.  It's lose/lose for Kyle.  I give her props just for having to deal with it.  She has said a couple of times in past seasons to walk a mile in her shoes.  Personally,  I get it.  You walk on eggshells every time you're around the addict, sober or not.  And I also understand why she doesn't want to talk about it on national TV.  It's her personal business how she deals with it and that's what she may feel when expressing her 'all' her feelings about Kim and her addiction.  She's balancing.  I get that too.

There's a number of reasons why a person may become addictive to a substance.  I'm not going to blame her mother because of a book or speculation that she was molested because of her being a child star or a family lifestyle.  Kim has to deal with her own demons.  

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not really like either Kyle or Kim but on this subject, Kim's addictions, I side with Kyle and I do not think she uses Kim for sympathy or as a storyline. And ITA, this is something Kim needs to face and fix, no one can do it for her and no one can force her to do it if she is unwilling.

• Love 5

I get what you guys are saying re: Kyle getting it from all sides, but can't a person get one thing right, and another thing wrong? Doesn't that basically describe all of us? And we're on an online forum talking about them, so there's bound to be a million takes, esp. about a topic that's kind of incendiary.

• Love 6

I don't feel the need to pick sides. It is what it is. Kim's an addict and Kyle enables her. I don't see either one of them as victims or perpetrators.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6

Here's the thing though, Kyle needs to total disengage herself from Kim's problems. That doesn't mean that she has to cut her out, just that she needs to stop playing a part in the addiction. She has many times talked about bailing Kim out, promising her mother to care for Kim. The whole car ride over. all she talked about was Kim's addiction. She has played that up, often. If I were her, I would stop going there. I understand her frustration but her involvement isn't helpful to either of them.

I understand your point, and believe it's valid.  But as someone upthread pointed out, it was a one hour limo ride edited to a three minute conversation.  If Kim showed up to poker night sober, we very well may never have heard that conversation.  Kyle and Brandi could have spent the other ninety-seven minutes talking about blow jobs, finger banging, and finding a girls z-spot ....... some of Brandi's favorite subjects.

Kyle isn't Kim's only sister.  Kathy manages to live her life.  Kyle can too.

Yes, and I think it's obvious Kathy wouldn't put up with that bullshit.  Kim would mouth off, and Kathy would shut that shit down.  That relationship absolutely fascinates me.  Kathy seems like she must be a push over with her own children, yet she's all over Kim - barking at her about how bad she looks, etc.  Kim acts almost submissive towards her.  When Kathy was clearly spoiling the mood at Brooke's wedding dress shopping, no one in that room said a word.  They all had downcast eyes, almost fearful of disagreeing with Kathy.  I wonder if Little Kathy is just like Big Kathy, and she keeps Kyle and Kim on a tight leash.  This might explain why Kim submits so easily to Kathy - Kathy really doesn't care and I don't see her taking care of sloppy Kim. I don't see Kathy running after Kim, asking her what's wrong, afraid that she's said something wrong.  Kyle, on the other hand, is the enabler, anxious to help and making sure Kim's not upset, and that's why Kim always turns on her.  It's another example of how we are cruelest to those we feel will never leave us.  It's also Kim knowing which sister is the weakest, and working it.

I think Kyle needs to face the fact Kim hates her, always has and always will. 

I don't know that I agree that Kim has and always will hate Kyle.  But I think there is definitely hate mixed in with the love between Kyle and Kim, and I think it goes both ways.  Their family dynamic is so dysfunctional, and it's absolutely frightening how tight Big Kathy's grip is, even from the grave.  They won't say a bad word against her.

I don't have a sister, so I've always been on the outside looking in with that type of relationship.  What I do have, is a cousin that came close to being a sister, and was also my best friend.  We no longer speak, and the more I look back on our relationship, I can see that she hated me almost as much as she loved me.  She would do anything for me, would give me anything if she could. Even though she had a husband and children, she couldn't spend enough time with me, or even know enough about every aspect of my life.  I know in my heart that she absolutely adored me.  But I can now see how she deliberately worked to sabotage my self-esteem and make me unsure of things I had once been positive about.  We were the same age, and she had always been fiercely competitive with me, even when our lives were completely different - she was a wife and stay at home mom, and I was single, working full time, and going to school.   She was the greatest friend I've ever had, and probably the worst enemy I've ever known.

• Love 6

Well said, Higgins and Bluiishgreen.

I get what you guys are saying re: Kyle getting it from all sides, but can't a person get one thing right, and another thing wrong?

No offense, but I thought this was a place to snark, give our opinions on and hopefully be entertained by the comments about the show.  I know I get a kick out of the funny stuff you all post.

Higgins noted, Kim is an addict and Kyle is her sister who is handling this situation the only way she knows how. It is what it is and we are just viewers who can slice it and dice it.  Frankly, I need Bravo to remove Kim and Brandi. Addiction is a disease and it has turned into who is the victim, who is the perpetrator, who is getting more camera time, who is right, who is wrong. Addiction has many facets and is very convoluted. There are many reasons why Kim could be an addict. There are many ways Kyle can deal with it. There are no short-cuts to sobriety.

I think it's obvious Kathy wouldn't put up with that bullshit.

Didn't Kathy involve herself into Charlie Sheen's ex-wife addiction problem? I thought there was some reality show where Kathy was dealing with her and trying to get her in rehab.

I believe the reason Kyle didn't want Kim going any further with the big stick is they were in mixed company.  Kyle left because who the hell wants some bawdy inappropriate comment on TV for their grown daughter and teenage daughters to see.  One thing to talk about pubic hair quite another to go the direction Kim was headed.

Not to mention, Eileen made it loud and clear that her son was upstairs. Not that Kim or Brandy gave two shits about that child. I kept waiting for Eileen to tell those two buzzards they were being too loud and really lay into them. Of course Kim was going to the gutter. She is just like Brandi. Remember when Kim pulled out that mini vibrator out of her purse when she was having her make-up done for the SUR opening?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

You don't smoke a cigar, or anything, when you are suffering from bronchial issues. But, that's just me. I guess the ass-covering has officially begun by everyone involved.

This is so true, for me at least.  A bad bought of bronchitis is what helped me quit smoking for good after doing it heavily for 35 years.  I literally could not breathe and even being around secondhand smoke would make me cough to the point of choking.  It was such an awful feeling, I vowed never to smoke again if I got well.  Kim is a lying addict who lies.  She must have one of those "doctor feel goods" if they actually prescribed her those pills under the guise of having bronchitis.

• Love 4

No offense, but I thought this was just a place to snark and give our opinions on and hopefully be entertained by the comments about the show.

Higgins noted, Kim is an addict and Kyle is her sister who is handling this situation the only way she knows how.  Frankly, I need Bravo to remove Kim and Brandi. Addiction is a disease and it has turned into who is the victim and who is the perpetrator.

I'm not sure what you mean (you wrote this in reply to my post about Kyle getting slammed on all sides). Wasn't I saying the same thing? That this is an online forum, and people's POV's are going to be all over the place?

• Love 2

Kathy doesn't have to put up with Kim because she knows she has Kyle to do that.  It's another part of a family dynamic.  It kind of can be compared to Lisa R, her step sister and the parents.  The stepsister has been has 'fallen' into the role of taking care of the parents.  Lisa does 'what she can' to help her stepsister but the stepsister has the responsibility.

• Love 10

I ordinarily side eye claims of envy between HWs (well, between women actually), but I have to wonder if that's the case with Brandi as it pertains to Kyle. Kyle has a husband who Brandi thinks is attractive (she said as much in the season where Brandi hosted the party at her friend's Malibu home) and she has a close relationship with her daughters. 

I don't like to attribute behavior to jealousy either, but I agree with you.  I forgot Brandi said that about Mauricio, and I've never heard her say anything like that about the other husbands.  In fact, she flat out let Joyce know that she thought her husband was fat and ugly. I'll add that Brandi may be jealous because Kyle has her kids 100% of the time, and doesn't have to worry about sharing custody and competing with a step-mother who (at least in Brandi's eyes) attempts to replace her.  Kyle also has financial security, a business, and the occasional acting job. 

• Love 8