Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: House Of Cards

• Start Topic

She's had four children, fer chrissakes! She looks great to me.

But I do think she looks good--always have. And I thought she looked awesome a season or two ago when she was playing basketball with Mauricio (or at least standing nearby while he played basketball) in long, flared jeans and, I think, platform sandals.  

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

When Kim walks into the kitchen and says she is leaving, Kyle talks her into having one piece of pizza and then going home.  On second viewing it didn't really look like Kyle was trying to get Kim to stay for a long time, just have a quick bite and head home. At that point nothing looks strange. Then Kim says something mean to Kyle and walks away. Kyle asks her what she means and follows her. I honestly don't think Kyle had any idea what Kim was talking about or why she was upset in that moment, and just wanted to figure out why she was pissed at her. The fact that Brandi wouldn't let Kyle get close to Kim clearly pissed Kyle off. Especially since she had no idea what was going on. 

That's entirely plausible.  In the perfect world, Kyle knowing Kim was high and concerned about her going home alone might have just left with her.  But who's to say that Brandi would have let them leave or if Kim still wouldn't have found a way to cause a scene.

I think Kim, after having enough pajama parties at Brandi's knows that to stay relevant, she needs a controversial storyline. If Brandi has taught her anything, it's that. Kim's addiction worked for her a couple seasons ago, why not bring it back for an encore.  Ugh.

• Love 3

Wow. What could have and should have been a fun night turned into something so much more bizarre. Imagine hosting a fun get together and half of your guests show up already drunk/on something? Because that's what happened to Eileen and Vince. I felt so bad for them! Yes, she's getting a hell of a paycheck but wow, two totally whacked out of their minds co-housewives in your house? No thanks!

That limo ride was just so uncomfortable but so real. There were times when Kim seemed somewhat lucid and Lisa seemed to think they were just having fun and that she, Lisa, was in on the joke. And then suddenly Kim would turn ("You are disgusting...") and Lisa would immediately have to back pedal. It felt like a hostage situation! Lisa R. was trying to placate Kim and say just the right things without setting her off, and to buy Lisa time to get to Eileen's house and out of that car!

There was nothing Kyle was going to be able to do that was "right" in that situation. Kim came with an agenda. She said she was feeling ornery and I think Kim was, for whatever weird, twisted reason, gunning for her sister. But, it's like they play this weird little addict and enabler dance. Kim went back to say "goodbye" to try and goad Kyle with her "thanks a lot" remark and unfortunately, Kyle fell for it and started following her out of the house. Brandi, who herself needed to leave because she was already so drunk herself, was in no condition to be telling another drunk to leave, although I do think her little tiny drunk brain was trying to get Kim away from the cameras.

Yes, Kyle could have gone with Kim and yes, by Kim leaving, she could have ended up going home and getting into more pills, but yeah, the reality was that they were guests in someone else's house and it was best that messed up Kim leave. Kyle could have told the limo driver to only drive Kim to her house and no where else. Then, she could have checked in on her later. But, at the end of it, it's not Kyle's responsibility to babysuit her sister. And Kyle herself is going to have to go into some sort of treatment to learn to disengage. Her panic and how upset she was seeing that her sister was using again was so palpable, though. She was in such a shitty situation and having drunk Brandi in the middle of it was not helping.

Addiction is so counter intuitive isn't it? To help you must let the person suffer. It's so very hard and I sympathize with Kyle so much. I'm sure Kyle must worry that the one time she doesn't run after Kim is going to be the time that Kim overdoses. I think until until you are really ready to accep that as a possible outcome it's hard to turn your back.

On to a lighter note. Brandi looked so riduclous with her woo hooping all over the place. This is not a yahooing crowd.

I am on the verge of becoming one of Lisa Rs crazy super fans. I wasn't really familiar with her before but by god she is hw perfection. I also adore Eileen too. She has just the right amount of understated snark insets.

• Love 9

God forgive me for saying this but I just can't anymore with the Kim junkie drama.  I was taking out the trash out just now laughing at the cooksdelight SVU comment re Yolanda and the models -- sorry, I just can't stop laughing -- and had a vision, Lord forgive me, of like Kyle as Tony Soprano snuffing the life out of Christafah -- aka Kim -- because s/he just couldn't take it anymore. 

I know this is so wrong but ... 

I can't take it anymore -- I just can't.  I just have to be able to laugh about it. 

I don't know if it's because they were in NYC, but every scene with Yo and her daughters, I kept seeing an episode of Law & Order SVU in the making. Partying models, running with the fast crowd (Beiber? Seriously?) and bad things happening. This entire episode gave me the willies.

Have to say this again -- I just don't like this.  I freaking love this and am still laughing.  All the comments here are super great but every once in awhile someone comes up with someone that just makes me want to go on living. 

It takes a lot to break through all the BS of the RHs.  Thank you for the manic, drunken, can't play poker or can I gonna bust you anyway, bitch, because my ex husband is dying of cancer and is never home (!!!) laugh. 

• Love 9

This is one of those rare occasions where I can't fault anyone- except Kim for taking the pills (side note: I'm really glad Bravo left the Kim/Kyle conversation in so we aren't speculating about whether she even took something).  And even her I can sort of understand, because she's an addict.  I think the last scenes were pretty real, with people just reacting without thinking.  Brandi wanted to get Kim off camera.  Kyle seemed to me to physically shift realizing something was off with Kim, and she was worried about her sister.  They weren't perfect, but they were human, imho.  It's hard to criticize their actions, from my perspective.

It was fascinating tv, I thought, though I wish I hadn't heard Eileen say that there was a kid upstairs.  I hope he had headphones on or something. 

I could have done without the scenes in NYC until they imitated Tyra.  That was fun.  Also a bit like an audition (or like a backdoor pilot) for a reality show based on the sisters.  If Gigi weren't already so successful I can imagine that happening.  

I wonder if Brandi tells her dates that her fantasy is to walk in on them with another woman.  If she does, that might explain people cheating on her.  Also, I was surprised she made a joke about the other women's husband's cheating on them.  Seems weird to joke about a cheating husband being the wife's fault, if your whole schtick is that you were Wronged.  

The little bit of bickering between Eileen and her husband was the first I've heard on one of these shows that didn't seem to come from a place of resentment.  She's probably my favorite addition to an HW cast ever, between that, her style, and the way she reacts to things (her response to Brandi's comment about screwing her husband, for example).  

Eileen with the burning Duralog in her hands was my favorite moment on the show. 

• Love 8

Eileen with the burning Duralog in her hands was my favorite moment on the show. 

There must be some way I can turn this and LisaR's conversation about her feminine trimming regimen into a burning bush joke and I just can't quite get it to work.

• Love 6

Part of this is you telling me what I am implying from what you are inferring.  I'll take partial blame.  However I still stand by the fact I think Kyle looks ridiculous and someone who I Think does not want to should have a sense of awarness of that.  Because I do.  It is my opinion.  It is my view after watching the show and something I do find ridiculous and do find amusing and do find worth commenting on.  I can get you not finding the same matter of note as such,  i do not get why I shouldbe shamed for airing what I feel because you do not disagee with me.  Simply send me away via your controls if you find me so offensive because I don't think like you.  I'll live.  I'm sure. But I'm not going to cater to what you find silly.  You're not Lisa Vanderpump after all and I don't work for her. :)

Huh? I'm confused by the sentiment and the execution of this comment. I was just having a discussion--and not an impolite one--on a discussion forum. I shamed no one, have never expected anyone to "cater to" me (?), and I agree that Kyle's outfit was pretty unflattering. I have no strong opinions of you as a person one way or the other, and, wouldn't consider an option to "send [you] away"; you're part of this discussion as much as anyone else here and you said nothing "offensive" that I've seen today (though maybe a bit defensive?). I was responding with what I "feel"; we disagreed...really, so what? That's what happens in discussions sometimes.

Also, I mentioned that the original post was hardly worded as a mere implication; I read it and responded to what the words actually conveyed.

And at last we agree (maybe? I am not even sure what I just read at this point): I am indeed not Lisa Vanderpump.

• Love 2

Hi gang! If you all would please keep the snark about the show and the castmembers and drop the snark about other posters that would be great. Otherwise you know the drill. Things get deleted. Topics get locked. No one is happy. Thanks! Snark away! Just keep it aimed in the direction of the Housewives please! 

• Love 1

Kim is not ever going to stay sober until she hits rock bottom. She will not hit rock bottom until her family and friends make it clear to her that she is on her own and they will not be there to help her or save her as long as she continues to drink/drug.  Anybody that has ever been involved with an addict knows this to be true. Kyle doesn't get it. Several people have mentioned that Kyle needs Al-Anon. Kim's entire family needs Al-Anon. 

• Love 8

Then Kim says something mean to Kyle and walks away. Kyle asks her what she means and follows her. I honestly don't think Kyle had any idea what Kim was talking about or why she was upset in that moment, and just wanted to figure out why she was pissed at her. The fact that Brandi wouldn't let Kyle get close to Kim clearly pissed Kyle off. Especially since she had no idea what was going on.

I get what you're saying, and I believe Kyle, too. She had every reason to be confused as to why Kim was leaving, and angry at the sarcastic dig. BUT, if Kyle went to Al-Anon or talked to a therapist or expert in the field, she would know that this is just the game Kim/the addict plays. Hide, deflect, shift blame, manipulate, verbally attack, play victim, turn the table, run away. Kim did all of this. Why? Because she was high. Because she's Kim. A stronger Kyle would have recognized the situation, and then ignored the provocation, or told her to screw. She needs to stop returning the ball!

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 5

There must be some way I can turn this and LisaR's conversation about her feminine trimming regimen into a burning bush joke and I just can't quite get it to work.

Burning Harry Bush, you stupid bitch who loses at poker and doesn't understand what I GO THROUGH AT NIGHT!

• Love 5

To me she seems to bond with one person and then prove her loyalty by fighting their enemies (real or imagined) on their behalf. I think it makes her feel important- or at least act like she thinks she's important- and I think that's more what happened in this case. I think Kim has some resentment towards Kyle, Brandi's absorbed that and is now spewing it out into the world.

I wish I could like this 10 times. Spot on assessment. I think Brandi is addicted to the drama of relationships that burn bright and fast. I am positive that she is the kind of person you could call crying at 4 in the morning and she'd rush to your side...but the moment that flame goes out she blabs all your secrets and concocts some kind of slight against her to justify it. The shit stained pillow comment comes to mind. This is total speculation but I think Yolanda has had it with her for awhile but doesn't want to cut ties because she knows what happens when you've shared too much information with Brandi. They'll be at a dinner party one day and Brandi will fire the truth cannon. Hey Yo, remember when you got that abortion and I took care of you? She is so THAT GIRL.

She is such a toxic person for Kim to be around. Like, a matter of life and death level of toxic. I'm a very strong believer in intoxication by proxy and I think Brandi and her antics give Kim a sort of fix. In being friends with Brandi she is accessing, in my opinion, the same deep dark part of her that does self-destructive things to get back at a family she's never been able to please.

Edited because I want to clarify that I like Kim. Addiction didn't cancel her identity, I hate how society calls addiction a disease like cancer, yet we don't refer to cancer patients as 'the cancer' (unless you're Amber Marchese) like they got demoted from personhood. Kim is a good person. Brandi, not so much.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 19

Heh. What cracked me up was Vince saying "Turn it off!" And Eileen's reply "I cant. It's a fire."

Methinks Vince is somewhat of a himbo. LOL!

• Love 18

Methinks Vince is somewhat of a himbo. LOL!

And I hate to say it but, last night, he kind of looked like a hobo.  Especially when we first see him sitting down at the table to sort the chips. Just not good.

• Love 2

Can you tell me where in the episode she said that?  I missed it.  And I was shocked to read here that she said it because when I as I was watching, I sensed some flirting vibes between her and Vinny.  I totally wouldn't put it past Brandi to try to seduce him just to show Eileen that she could.

Brandi called herself the scorned woman police two episodes back .. at the most three.  Good line ... wonder if it got written for her.  She's the total Eastern German scorned woman Stassi!

• Love 1

I'll bet production had a field day when they saw the state Kim was in...And I can actually see wonky-eyed devil himself Andy instructing them to put a whacked out Kim in the limo with Rinna to make Rinna earn her Bravo paycheck.  And she was so happy and excited when she opened the door to get into the limousine.

She totally seemed like she was upbeat, in a great mood, ready to have fun, and then she hops in the car and gets a full dose of kooky Kim bombed out on pills and whatever else. And she could tell right off the bat. I might actually have to watch this episode again just to see this scene because it was so crazy. I feel bad for finding any of it to be amusing because it's mostly scary and sad but I found LisaR's reaction to be hysterical so I kind of want to see this part again. 

Did any of them bring so much as a flower or a bottle of cheap wine?  Nope!  They trashed the place right in front of her!

Brandi did actually bring two bottles of champagne to the party but I still take your point and agree that it was like Eileen and Vince were ready to have a fun gathering and their home was basically invaded by a couple of drunk high school students. Kyle and LisaR were fine but Kim and Brandi fucked up the entire dynamic so that everyone ended up having to deal with it. Even if Eileen had watched every single episode of the previous seasons I'm not sure that would have necessarily prepared her or LisaR for what they've had to put up with so far. 

LisaR also brought a bag with her (from Kyle's store) and I assumed that had some sort of gift in it. 

Just so I'm clear, Kim told LisaR that Monty had "disappeared" right? But then later in the episode she says that she needs to leave so that she can get back to him. I'd like some clarification on whether or not Monty knows that Kim has been using his drugs. I agree Kim and Monty are both suspect so I'm on the fence as to whether or not she had "permission" from him to take some of his drugs as opposed to stealing them from under his nose. It's bad on Kim either way but I'm not sure about Monty and what his role is in all of this. Whatever the case I hope that Kim isn't the only one who is caring for him because that sounds like a bad idea.

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 4

That's entirely plausible.  In the perfect world, Kyle knowing Kim was high and concerned about her going home alone might have just left with her.  But who's to say that Brandi would have let them leave or if Kim still wouldn't have found a way to cause a scene.

Ugh.

From my experience with my addict niece, there is no way Kim would agree to kyle going home with her.  That would probably have ruined her plans for more drugs. You pick a fight with the people who want to help you so that it becomes all their fault and you can continue with what you want to do. More drugs.   I also noticed in Lisa's blog that she  mentioned Kim using the bathroom in her house before they got in the limo. I think Kim did something there.  Lisa said

" I knew the night was going to be a wild one when I saw how Kim was behaving when she arrived at my house before heading to Malibu. She asked to use the bathroom and was acting as if she was high on something, which is why I asked her if she had been drinking or was on drugs when we got into the car."

Then Lisa does call kim out and Kim realizes she is going to get busted by Kyle. What does she next? She attacks the person who is on to her(Kyle) to deflect the attention from herrself, And you attach herself to the enabler (Brandy) This stuff is textbook 

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 15

Addiction is so counter intuitive isn't it? To help you must let the person suffer. It's so very hard and I sympathize with Kyle so much. I'm sure Kyle must worry that the one time she doesn't run after Kim is going to be the time that Kim overdoses. I think until until you are really ready to accep that as a possible outcome it's hard to turn your back.

On to a lighter note. Brandi looked so riduclous with her woo hooping all over the place. This is not a yahooing crowd.

I am on the verge of becoming one of Lisa Rs crazy super fans. I wasn't really familiar with her before but by god she is hw perfection. I also adore Eileen too. She has just the right amount of understated snark insets.

Yes, it's a horrible place to be. I'm sure Kyle wants to "help" and to "fix it" and is afraid that the one day she doesn't is the day that she gets the call the Kim is dead.

That look on Kyle's face, when she was putting two and two together, was one of total and complete panic. Kim seems to have a lot of anger and resentment toward Kyle. Her "fuck you, Kyle"s, in front of what are basically people she barely knows, is coming from someplace. They were more than a typical drunk Brandi, who slurs out a "come on bitch" before throwing a glass of wine in Eileen's face. They really had a true streak of anger behind them.

Honestly, what was Kyle to have done? There was no way she was going to "fix" the situation. She was screwed the moment Kim jumped in that limo and started her glassy-eyed stares into Lisa Rinna's very soul!

• Love 11

She totally seemed like she was upbeat, in a great mood, ready to have fun, and then she hops in the car and gets a full dose of kooky Kim bombed out on pills and whatever else. And she could tell right off the bat. I might actually have to watch this episode again just to see this scene because it was so crazy. I%2

She totally seemed like she was upbeat, in a great mood, ready to have fun, and then she hops in the car and gets a full dose of kooky Kim bombed out on pills and whatever else. And she could tell right off the bat. I might actually have to watch this episode again just to see this scene because it was so crazy. I feel bad for finding any of it to be amusing because it's mostly scary and sad but I found LisaR's reaction to be hysterical so I kind of want to see this part again.

Brandi did actually bring two bottles of champagne to the party but I still take your point and agree that it was like Eileen and Vince were ready to have a fun gathering and their home was basically invaded by a couple of drunk high school students. Kyle and LisaR were fine but Kim and Brandi fucked up the entire dynamic so that everyone ended up having to deal with it. Even if Eileen had watched every single episode of the previous seasons I'm not sure that would have necessarily prepared her or LisaR for what they've had to put up with so far.

LisaR also brought a bag with her (from Kyle's store) and I assumed that had some sort of gift in it.

Just so I'm clear, Kim told LisaR that Monty had "disappeared" right? But then later in the episode she says that she needs to leave so that she can get back to him. I'd like some clarification on whether or not Monty knows that Kim has been using his drugs. I agree Kim and Monty are both suspect so I'm on the fence as to whether or not she had "permission" from him to take some of his drugs as opposed to stealing them from under his nose. It's bad on Kim either way but I'm not sure about Monty and what his role is in all of this. Whatever the case I hope that Kim isn't the only one who is caring for him because that sounds like a bad idea.

She was texting him at the poker table so I don't think he disappeared. And she was clutching her purse as though it held the Holy Grail. Brandi was sucking down wine every time the camera caught her, as well as starting in the limo and carrying a wine glass while she was walking out with Kim. Ot was as though the wine glass was glued to her hand!

On another note, that movie ad with Gwyneth Paltrow was truly strange.

• Love 1

I'd like some clarification on whether or not Monty knows that Kim has been using his drugs.

Remember that addicts lie. It's possible that Kim took some of Monty's pills, but even that story is whack because how could Monty give her a pill if he wasn't around, as she also alleged? But it's also possible that Kim got high in any number of ways that had nothing to do with Monty or his pills.

• Love 9

Kim is not ever going to stay sober until she hits rock bottom. She will not hit rock bottom until her family and friends make it clear to her that she is on her own and they will not be there to help her or save her as long as she continues to drink/drug.  Anybody that has ever been involved with an addict knows this to be true. Kyle doesn't get it. Several people have mentioned that Kyle needs Al-Anon. Kim's entire family needs Al-Anon.

Betty Ford has a great Family Week program in conjunction with the addict's inpatient program. Surely at least some of Kim's family participated in that when Kim was in rehab. If they didn't, then shame on them.

I see where you're coming from, but here's the thing.  I've been sober for 27 years, when I got sober I was pretty young; about a month later I was in a wedding.  Everybody was drinking at that wedding,  n the limo, everywhere.  And I didn't drink and nobody gave a shit.  No one knew I was sober, they passed me the bottle of champagne and I said, "nope," and everybody was like, "more for me."   I learned something that day, that most people could give two shits what anybody else is drinking, and I learned that I could be around alcohol and not go to nut city.

I have a UO about this show, I don't think Andy Cohen is the devil, nor do I think he's evil.  These are grown women who sign up for these shows.  They sign up for the money and fame, he's providing that for them.  Neither Kim nor Brandi should be on this show, but what can you do?  They're both adults.  Until someone declares them incompetent, they have the right to make their own choices, even if they are bad ones.  

Kim is an addict/alcoholic and she's going to do whatever she wants to do until she either gets sober or goes through jails, institutions and finally death.

Congrats on 27 years, Neurochick! I've got almost 3 and I'm struggling. I really admire you.
  • Love 8

I see where you're coming from, but here's the thing.  I've been sober for 27 years, when I got sober I was pretty young; about a month later I was in a wedding.  Everybody was drinking at that wedding,  n the limo, everywhere.  And I didn't drink and nobody gave a shit.  No one knew I was sober, they passed me the bottle of champagne and I said, "nope," and everybody was like, "more for me."   I learned something that day, that most people could give two shits what anybody else is drinking, and I learned that I could be around alcohol and not go to nut city.

Kim is an addict/alcoholic and she's going to do whatever she wants to do until she either gets sober or goes through jails, institutions and finally death.

Congrats on being sober for almost three decades! I take my hat off to you dozens of times over. Congrats on the post too. Not that you need any kind of kudos.  People with that kind of hardcore sobriety and program don't need any kind of backpats from unknown civilians. And can definitely handle a mixed party.  Used to be one of those myself. 

No one is ever going to get through to go Kim unless they start off with the observation that she is  actively suicidal.  And they may not even then and it's still on her -- and, I do insist, on Bravo, if they keep funding her.

She wants to use, she's going to use and she may need to use in order to keep on living.  None of that convo is ever going to be on tv.

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 4

From my experience with my addict niece, there is no way Kim would agree to kyle going home with her.  That would probably have ruined her plans for more drugs. You pick a fight with the people who want to help you so that it becomes all their fault and you can continue with what you want to do. More drugs.   I also noticed in Lisa's blog that she  mentioned Kim using the bathroom in her house before they got in the limo. I think Kim did something there.  Lisa said

" I knew the night was going to be a wild one when I saw how Kim was behaving when she arrived at my house before heading to Malibu. She asked to use the bathroom and was acting as if she was high on something, which is why I asked her if she had been drinking or was on drugs when we got into the car."

Then Lisa does call kim out and Kim realizes she is going to get busted by Kyle. What do you do next? You attack the person who is on to you to deflect the attention from yourself. And you attach yourself to the enabler (Brandy) This stuff is textbook

Addicts are notorious for using other people's bathrooms (to look for drugs).
  • Love 10

She was texting him at the poker table so I don't think he disappeared. And she was clutching her purse as though it held the Holy Grail.

Eileen should check her house and see if some of that clutter "fell" into Kim's purse.

I didn't spend all those years watching Intervention for nothing.....

• Love 9

I get what you're saying, and I believe Kyle, too. She had every reason to be confused as to why Kim was leaving, and angry at the sarcastic dig. BUT, if Kyle went to Al-Anon or talked to a therapist or expert in the field, she would know that this is just the game Kim/the addict plays. Hide, deflect, shift blame, manipulate, verbally attack, play victim, turn the table, run away. Kim did all of this. Why? Because she was high. Because she's Kim. A stronger Kyle would have recognized the situation, and then ignored the provocation, or told her to screw. She needs to stop returning the ball!

I think this is an import an point about Al-Anon. Just like AA you need to sit in a room of unlike people with like problems to understand, you are not unique with dealing with an alcoholic relative. . Co dependency knows no boundaries. It even happens to the rich and famous. I think there is a part of Kyle that would never walk into an Al_anon room. This is too bad. It gives you tools to deal with this emotional roller coaster. 

I don't think Kyle does things for camera time or story line. I don't think she cares that much. She and Lisa are the "main stars" or at least were.

It is all Brandi all the time that will do anything for camera time and story line. It is why she always inserts herself into other peoples story lines.  

• Love 3

Yes, it's a horrible place to be. I'm sure Kyle wants to "help" and to "fix it" and is afraid that the one day she doesn't is the day that she gets the call the Kim is dead.

That look on Kyle's face, when she was putting two and two together, was one of total and complete panic. Kim seems to have a lot of anger and resentment toward Kyle. Her "fuck you, Kyle"s, in front of what are basically people she barely knows, is coming from someplace. They were more than a typical drunk Brandi, who slurs out a "come on bitch" before throwing a glass of wine in Eileen's face. They really had a true streak of anger behind them.

Honestly, what was Kyle to have done? There was no way she was going to "fix" the situation. She was screwed the moment Kim jumped in that limo and started her glassy-eyed stares into Lisa Rinna's very soul!

I kept waiting for another "YOU STOLE MY GODDAMNED HOUSE!!!!!!" moment.

I agree in that I believe Kim would have shit a brick if Kyle had attempted to either take Kim or go with Kim in that moment.

One thing addicts don't like is a rational person fucking up their high with reality.

And, from experience, trying to have even a halfway intelligent, rational conversation with someone under the influence is futile.

I found watching the transformation on Kyle's face as she realized what Kim was up to absolutely harrowing.  

Having been in Kyle's place, it elicits a combination of emotions that are pretty much indescribable, everything from shock to horror to disbelief to denial to acceptance in the space of a few milliseconds.  

Now to offset how distressing that scene was, I'm off to watch that limousine ride with Lisa and Kim again..."Whack-a-doodle" time indeed!  

• Love 9

Based on the previews and my initial distracted viewing, my verdict was that there was enough blame to go around, namely that Kyle is a hothead and drama queen, Brandi is a hothead, drama queen and a drunk and Kim is Kim.

I re-watched this morning, and changed my mind, I assign the least blame to Kyle but damn she's dumb, and Brandi, that's a low-down, dirty monkey with a wig on... maybe.

I was OK with Brandi when she and Kim were huddled together, except when she made the self-serving comment to Kim that [paraphrased] "no one gets what you're going through but me." She was trying to get Kim to leave, told Kim she did not have to worry about saying good-bye and when she knew Kim was determined to go back, told her to be good. Kim wanting to go back in had nothing to do with manners and everything with having a go at Kyle. If I had to guess why Kim was so keen to return to the group, it was because she realized that things had gone awry and someone not named Kim had to get the blame, "tag Kyle, you're it!" and it looks like Lisa R is going to get tagged next week.

Kim went back in and "goated" Kyle, and dumb ass Kyle fell for it hook, line and sinker. Kyle should not have engaged Kim - Kyle's issue seemed to be that she wanted to continue to talk to Kim over what Kim said to her versus being concerned that impaired Kim was leaving at all or was in the care of drunk Brandi. I would think that Kyle, better than anyone else, knows about Kim's inability to take responsibility and deflection skills and should have not let Kim get to her... I know easier said than done.

Where Brandi lost me was that she actually made herself into a wedge, and not just figuratively but literally, and positioned her body between the sisters and put her arm out to stop Kyle from coming around her. Prior to Brandi wedging herself between the sisters, Kyle was being very handsy with Kim in order to restrain Kim and continue talking to her which was dumb. I have expressed numerous times that I thought Kyle following Kim to the limo in season one was a calculated and self-serving move on her part to have an on-camera showdown with Kim, this time I think that Kyle was more in the moment. Back to Brandi, due to Pavlovian conditioning a hissing sound plays when I type Brandi's name, but I don't know what to think here, my gut is telling me that it's Brandi and to assume the worst. Brandi definitely saw herself as Kim's savior / protector that night, and it seemed like she wanted to maintain control of Kim and her exit and did not want Kyle redirecting or taking over. My question is why did Brandi put her arm out to block Kyle, was Brandi that zealous to control Kim, or was she, perhaps in pursuit of drama, setting up handsy Kyle to get physical with her so that she could in turn get physical with Kyle?

Edited by quinn
  • Love 6

It looks like we are back to watching Kim and Kyle continue to work out their childhood issues on the show.

There is love there, but there is also hate/resentment/jealousy.  Those things we watched in other seasons are still right there.  When I watch them together I can't help but see the same old patterns, for the same old reasons, neither of them ever really advanced beyond that.  Sure, they've had lives/kids/marriages so they appear to have "grown up" but when it comes down to it, I feel like Kim still resents working constantly and not being allowed a "normal" childhood, and Kyle still resents Kim being the main breadwinner for that family, so excelled at rubbing Kim's face in all she was missing, the friends and events of junior and high school.

Kim's an addict, and I keep wondering if the program she went through was one of those that only focuses on ONE addiction, but the others are "OK."  I have a 2nd cousin heroin addict who has been through rehab a few times.  Her counselors say that booze is FINE, just no H.  WTH?  Is this a new thing?  Pretend only one substance is the problem?  It's even a respected program.

On twitter, it's been obvious that Kim and Brandi spend a lot of time together off season.  Kim and Kyle don't seem to interact much, if at all, if they aren't filming.  Although Kim's dog did bit Kyle's daughter, and I still can't tell if they were filming at that time.

I don't buy Kyle has Kim's best interests at heart.  I think Kyle wants redemption from the whole limo scene, and looks for any chance to justify that behavior.  "SEE what drove me to that?"  While, in some ways, that's understandable and human, it's also selfish and sickening.  I think the best possible thing for these sisters would be joint therapy, but the problem is, both of them have dear dead mom on a pedestal, and it's doubtful they would ever address the real issues, which, IMO, is the way sainted mommy raised them.  Get jobs!  Get rich husbands!  Forget school, marry when you are still teenagers and can still attract men with money!  Be famous!  They were both robbed of being kids, and we watch it play out on this show, over and over again.

I do think Brandi was trying to help Kim leave, because Kim needed to get out of there.  I do think Kyle wanted to use this opportunity to redeem herself for viewers.  I don't buy that Kyle didn't know about the wine tasting.  I've watched Kyle for too many years to believe that.  She's vile. 

Brandi IS obnoxious and I'm tired of her being drunk all the damn time lately, but that doesn't make Kyle "likable" to me.  At all.

I keep wondering if it's finally dawning on Brandi that Kyle completely set her up with the "get Lisa" plan last season, and is resenting it, even if not quite admitting to herself that she was stupid, and used, and Kyle killed two birds with one stone there. 

1.  Finally "GET" Lisa, which she's been trying to do since the show began. 

2.  Isolate Brandi and remove Lisa and Ken as her supporters, friendless, Brandi will be off the show, which Kyle obviously wanted from the moment Brandi appeared. 

There just seems to be a lot more going on, in general, than simply this latest show, it's all connected for me, and I can't isolate one night's events from all of their history.  Lots of manipulation and past, sometimes long past grievances came out last night. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 6

There was nothing Kyle was going to be able to do that was "right" in that situation. Kim came with an agenda. She said she was feeling ornery and I think Kim was, for whatever weird, twisted reason, gunning for her sister. But, it's like they play this weird little addict and enabler dance. Kim went back to say "goodbye" to try and goad Kyle with her "thanks a lot" remark and unfortunately, Kyle fell for it and started following her out of the house. Brandi, who herself needed to leave because she was already so drunk herself, was in no condition to be telling another drunk to leave, although I do think her little tiny drunk brain was trying to get Kim away from the cameras.

I'm reminded now of when the group went to Hawaii when Kim was dating Bull Mastiff Ken. I'm getting this sense that on the way to dinner (even though they were late as hell), Kim was feeling ornery and when she sat down at the table, she knew that Kyle would pick up on it. Just like at the poker table in last night's episode, Kim was ready for a fight. The difference this time is that while Kyle was unsuspecting at Eileen's, she was more on edge in Hawaii because she knew that Kim wasn't sober and hadn't yet been to rehab. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 10

Yeah, Kim wanted to fight.

She tried to fight with Lisa R in the limo, and she was making an almost clean getaway (with Brandi's help) but went back in to "say goodbye" which, to me, seemed like an excuse to fight with Kyle.  She tried to fight during the poker party.  She even did that little diss as she was leaving, implying she was mad at Kyle, but refusing to say why.  I'll give Kyle that much, she wanted to find out what the hell SHE did.

Kim is apparently a mean drunk.  (I include any substance abuse in the "drunk" thing.)

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 12

I have a UO about this show, I don't think Andy Cohen is the devil, nor do I think he's evil.  These are grown women who sign up for these shows.  They sign up for the money and fame, he's providing that for them.  Neither Kim nor Brandi should be on this show, but what can you do?  They're both adults.  Until someone declares them incompetent, they have the right to make their own choices, even if they are bad ones.  

I think every recovered addict is different. Your ability to be around others who are drinking and getting drunk and not want to engage yourself is yours but for others, that might not be possible and just far too much of a temptation.

I don't think Kim will ever end up at rock bottom until Kyle is able to disengage completely. Kim knows that no one is going to let her end up in jail or is going to be watching out for her and bailing her out. Actually, I think she banks on that when she decides to use. Kyle does it because she loves her sister, doesn't want her to end up dead, is an an enabler and also because she thinks she is betraying her mother's wishes if she doesn't. Kyle herself needs some therapy and rehab to unpack her own issues with her messed up sister.

Eileen's niece died last Mother's Day of an overdose. I wonder what her take is on Brandi and Kim.

• Love 9

Lotus, you are assuming that Kim's family has not had counseling.  Kyle has said that she went to family nights when Kim was in rehab and has availed herself to counseling both in support of Kim and for her own understanding.  I think that is why Kyle speaks to an addictive personality whereas Brandi wants to give all alcoholics a pass and call it a disease. and place the blame on others for not excusing the alcoholics drinking.  I was encouraged that Kim and Kyle were having conversations about Kim's recovery.

At this point in the evening Kyle has now recognized and had her suspicions confirmed Kim is using.  I believe she was trying to keep Kim in the house long enough to come up with a plan to ensure her sister's safety.  Judging (yes, Brandi I am judging) by the way Kim was attached to her purse I am going to say there is a strong likelihood  there were some additional pills in the bag.  So Kyle is faced with how to get Kim home safe and is having to fight a drunken Brandi to boot.  I am hoping there was a member of production assigned to ride along with Kim and for the safety and integrity of those involved, there were cameras recording the Kim's departure and journey home or to the hospital.

I don't believe anyone wanted to see Kim come to any harm and while dealing with an under the influence Kim, that is not the time for tough love.  Kyle truly having Kim's best interests at heart, may have been trying to arrange one of Kim's kids or a suitable adult to stay with her while the substance was processed through Kim's system. 

• Love 7
Brandi said something along the lines of, "I want to have sex with him," to which Eileen shot her a look and said "Um, no" or something like that.

I loved how Eileen handled herself there. She made a face that let Brandi know that shit was not cool, but she is confident enough in her relationship and herself that she didn't have to have a big "Oh no you di'int!" reaction. Brandi has already badly disrespected Eileen several times, and Eileen just continues to prove how much cooler she is by the way she retains her composure. 

I'm with all the other posters who cannot fathom why Ms. Scorned Wife herself thinks it's okay for her to constantly push the boundaries with the other howives' husbands. Perhaps she feels that BEING cheated on entitles her to somehow "pay it forward"? I know that sounds insane, but....um...this IS Brandi we're talking about....

• Love 6

Chances are very good that Kim may never recover from addiction at least not consistently. The people who love her need to determine the extent of what type relationship if any, they can tolerate with her if she continues to use.

• Love 6

I think every recovered addict is different. Your ability to be around others who are drinking and getting drunk and not want to engage yourself is yours but for others, that might not be possible and just far too much of a temptation.

I don't think Kim will ever end up at rock bottom until Kyle is able to disengage completely. Kim knows that no one is going to let her end up in jail or is going to be watching out for her and bailing her out. Actually, I think she banks on that when she decides to use. Kyle does it because she loves her sister, doesn't want her to end up dead, is an an enabler and also because she thinks she is betraying her mother's wishes if she doesn't. Kyle herself needs some therapy and rehab to unpack her own issues with her messed up sister.

Eileen's niece died last Mother's Day of an overdose. I wonder what her take is on Brandi and Kim.

Was this the niece we saw on the show who had been living with Eileen?  

Remember that addicts lie. It's possible that Kim took some of Monty's pills, but even that story is whack because how could Monty give her a pill if he wasn't around, as she also alleged? But it's also possible that Kim got high in any number of ways that had nothing to do with Monty or his pills.

I was very doubtful that Monty gave Kim anything. I felt like Kim said that to absolve herself of blame. Like - "Someone else could see how bad my pain was and offered me a pill. So I must have needed it if they thought I did". I'm still clueless as to what this "100% pain" was that Kim was in? Kyle didn't even ask her, "What kind of pain are you having?", so either she already knows about some condition....or just knows Kim is full of shit. 

I do think Brandi was trying to help Kim leave, because Kim needed to get out of there.

I really and truly do not think Brandi was trying to get Kim to leave in order to help her. I feel like she did it so SHE could be the one to "rescue" Kim, and not Kyle. I get this weird vibe from her right now that she is trying to upstage Kyle in the sister department and be all, "Na na na na na na, Kim likes me better!" 

• Love 18

Lotus, you are assuming that Kim's family has not had counseling.  Kyle has said that she went to family nights when Kim was in rehab and has availed herself to counseling both in support of Kim and for her own understanding.  I think that is why Kyle speaks to an addictive personality whereas Brandi wants to give all alcoholics a pass and call it a disease. and place the blame on others for not excusing the alcoholics drinking.  I was encouraged that Kim and Kyle were having conversations about Kim's recovery.

Kim's family might have gone to counseling or Family Nights at rehab, but that doesn't mean Kyle did. I specifically remember Kyle giving excuses as to why she hasn't gone to Al-Anon, but maybe you have different info? Plus, it's Kyle's behavior more than anything that tells me she hasn't received counseling. Or maybe it just hasn't stuck.

At this point in the evening Kyle has now recognized and had her suspicions confirmed Kim is using.  I believe she was trying to keep Kim in the house long enough to come up with a plan to ensure her sister's safety.  Judging (yes, Brandi I am judging) by the way Kim was attached to her purse I am going to say there is a strong likelihood  there were some additional pills in the bag.  So Kyle is faced with how to get Kim home safe and is having to fight a drunken Brandi to boot.  I am hoping there was a member of production assigned to ride along with Kim and for the safety and integrity of those involved, there were cameras recording the Kim's departure and journey home or to the hospital.

I don't believe anyone wanted to see Kim come to any harm and while dealing with an under the influence Kim, that is not the time for tough love.  Kyle truly having Kim's best interests at heart, may have been trying to arrange one of Kim's kids or a suitable adult to stay with her while the substance was processed through Kim's system.

Kim is the only person responsible for her sobriety. Not Kyle, not her kids, and not production. They provide rides (they have to, because they provide the booze!), but once Kim gets home, she's home. And frankly, this seems like a fairly regular night in the life of Kim Richards, not a kind of crisis night where all hands need to be called on deck.

• Love 3

Was this the niece we saw on the show who had been living with Eileen?  

Different niece. She was only 35 and left behind a 13 and a 10 year old.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/real-housewife-eileen-davidson-rocked-double-death-family-tragedy?utm_source=radaronline.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange_article

I think the niece that you see on the show, the one that Eileen is super close with, lost her mother to breast cancer last year, also. So, it seems Eileen has had her own set of family tragedies, too.

• Love 5

I wondered if, despite what Kim said, Kyle thought she had been drinking and that eating some pizza would soak some of the alcohol up and help her sober up a bit. 

That's what I thought too....I honestly think that Kyle was acting the way she thought she should, whether the cameras were there or not.

And, as much as I hate to admit this, I think that Brandi was also acting in the way SHE thought was best for Kim, too.  Brandi was shit-faced, too - just not on any painkillers, unless you include wine.  I think that in her drunken, befuddled mind, Brandi thought she was protecting Kim from something or someone (Kyle or the cameras).  Even thought most of us watching can agree that Brandi should not have stepped in between the sisters, perhaps Brandi has heard some stories from her new bff, (Kim) about Kyle?  I'm sure that if Kim is re-telling any kind of history of her past, Kyle would not have been portrayed in the best light from Kim's point of view.  So, Brandi, again, blitzed out of her mind, did what she thought she should do by keeping the Richards' sisters apart.

I absolutely abhor Brandi, and think she is a classless, tasteless, nasty bitch, but I can almost see her thought process.

And, as much as it saddens me, I almost feel some sympathy for Kim.  She is an addict, plain and simple.  She is also very emotional.  Dealing with Monty and his illness (and strange disappearances from her home), along with her daughter's wedding, an out of control dog, and everything else that goes on in her daily effed-up life, she had a relapse.  Unfortunately, that happens more often than not with addicts.  Of course, she is totally to blame for her relapse, but Kim won't see it that way.  And, in some ways, I also think that Brandi is also an addict, so she won't see that the relapse was all on Kim, either.

I don't know if any of that made any sense, but that's what I'm thinking about all of that - I do reserve the right to change my mind completely next week, however!!  ;-)

• Love 6

And then, I hated the way Kyle kept looking over at Kim during the tasting, as if to draw attention to the fact that Kim is an alcoholic in case everyone had forgotten. The teacher asked Kim if she'd like to smell the wine, which indicated to me they hadn't informed her Kim was an alcoholic. Why not? Could have made things less awkward.

This isn't quite right because the woman hands Kim a mango smoothie and says she prepared it for her or some shit. Someone was prepped that one of the ladies didn't drink. I've been to many a wine tasting, no one has mango smoothies ready to go just in case. 

• Love 7

That's what I thought too....I honestly think that Kyle was acting the way she thought she should, whether the cameras were there or not.

And, as much as I hate to admit this, I think that Brandi was also acting in the way SHE thought was best for Kim, too.  Brandi was shit-faced, too - just not on any painkillers, unless you include wine.  I think that in her drunken, befuddled mind, Brandi thought she was protecting Kim from something or someone (Kyle or the cameras).  Even thought most of us watching can agree that Brandi should not have stepped in between the sisters, perhaps Brandi has heard some stories from her new bff, (Kim) about Kyle?  I'm sure that if Kim is re-telling any kind of history of her past, Kyle would not have been portrayed in the best light from Kim's point of view.  So, Brandi, again, blitzed out of her mind, did what she thought she should do by keeping the Richards' sisters apart.

I absolutely abhor Brandi, and think she is a classless, tasteless, nasty bitch, but I can almost see her thought process.

And, as much as it saddens me, I almost feel some sympathy for Kim.  She is an addict, plain and simple.  She is also very emotional.  Dealing with Monty and his illness (and strange disappearances from her home), along with her daughter's wedding, an out of control dog, and everything else that goes on in her daily effed-up life, she had a relapse.  Unfortunately, that happens more often than not with addicts.  Of course, she is totally to blame for her relapse, but Kim won't see it that way.  And, in some ways, I also think that Brandi is also an addict, so she won't see that the relapse was all on Kim, either.

I don't know if any of that made any sense, but that's what I'm thinking about all of that - I do reserve the right to change my mind completely next week, however!!  ;-)

I do think Brandy thought she was trying to help. Most people who enable think they are helping. They are wrong. Unfortunately the "right" things to do when it comes to helping a drug addict  almost seem counterintuitive. 

• Love 8

Did not know this.  Thank you, glasscase..  She lost her sister in March and that sister's daughter in May.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/rhobh-eileen-davidson-cancer-overdose-sister-connie-niece-brooke-watkins/

That mess last night was painful for a lot of you to watch.  Why, in light of Eileen's experience with loss and addiction, would she want to be involved in this train wreck?  I wonder what thoughts she has after dealing with that and watching the episode.  Off to read her blog.

• Love 2

Kim is the only person responsible for her sobriety. Not Kyle, not her kids, and not production. They provide rides (they have to, because they provide the booze!), but once Kim gets home, she's home. And frankly, this seems like a fairly regular night in the life of Kim Richards, not a kind of crisis night where all hands need to be called on deck.

If she really had been clean and sober and really had JUST relapsed then this was a very dangerous time for her.  When people first start to relapse is one of the most likely times for them to OD as they now no longer have the tolerance to drugs that they had before.  

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 4

It can take awhile and some paranoia to see how Bravo is messing with us but I think we're being subliminally screwed. 

Kim and Kyle -- hair color, birth order, and stage mom in common.  Different levels of success. 

Gigi and Bella, hair color, birth order, stage mom.  Inverted levels of success per Mom and show.

Yolanda = loving, healthy if not for being sick, in same field Mama. Kyle and Kim mother = whatever they tell us.

House of Hilton and Richards -- One very messed up Kim.  And a screwed up Kyle. Mama Kathy: Not keen on educating her daughters if it means they can make it in the business and marry money. 

Which would seem to equal -- 

Yolanda and her scene -- So far, so good with possible exception of possibly further messed up younger daughter. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 2

I do think Brandy thought she was trying to help. Most people who enable think they are helping. They are wrong. Unfortunately the "right" things to do when it comes to helping a drug addict almost seem counterintuitive.

I could have almost bought Brandi trying to help up until the point where she was trying to block Kyle from getting to her sister.

• Love 6

Kim definitely fell off the wagon but I'm hopeful she got right back on.   She's about 100x better this season where she actually has been sober the majority of the time than she has been any other season.  I checked her twitter link that someone posted and it seems perfectly appropriate and lucid.  She has a guest star gig coming up on Revenge.  You fall down, you get up dust yourself off and try again.  She appears to be trying.

• Love 8
I really and truly do not think Brandi was trying to get Kim to leave in order to help her. I feel like she did it so SHE could be the one to "rescue" Kim, and not Kyle. I get this weird vibe from her right now that she is trying to upstage Kyle in the sister department and be all, "Na na na na na na, Kim likes me better!"

I strongly felt that Brandi was trying to make herself look better in comparison to Kyle wrt how they deal with Kim. Even the way she kept calling Kim "Kimmie" and how they were so touchy feely, lip-to-lip kissing, Brandi being the most excited that Kim won because she's *such* a good friend, etc. I personally found it to be annoying so I can only imagine how Kyle felt having that sort of deliberate and insincere behavior being thrown in her face.

I still fail to understand how Kyle has provoked Brandi into turning on her at this stage. I'm not seeing what Brandi thinks she'll get out of this. She's completely out of her mind too if she honestly thought that the majority of viewers would side with her and Kim over this incident. I guess for her it boils down to Kyle putting her hands on her first. I agree that Kyle shouldn't have put her hands on Brandi but to me that was the only thing that Kyle did that was wrong. Brandi more than made up for what Kyle did and the way she shoved Kyle was completely above and beyond what was necessary. Brandi doesn't have a leg to stand on in this argument as far as I'm concerned. 

• Love 10