Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Breaking Branches

• Start Topic

Why is Brandi so bloody desperate? She's like a serious stalker and says the grossest things. She'd rather eat pussy than kiss ass? She is totally kissing Lisa's ass. I think Lisa came to the rental warming party in part so people wouldn't go on and on and on about her absence.

My mouth fell open when Brandi totally rewrote history on her dispute with Lisa and the other stupid bitches didn't contradict her. That's because they know that if they sat there and told LisaR and Ashely Abbott the truth (which I agree they probably do know but were asked by the producers to bring it up), those two women would think they were the fucking idiots that they are. No way would they believe that packing tabloids story. 

Although I think Lisa was joking with the blame the parents business, I do blame the parents. They need to sit down with their daughter and have a serious talk with her about all the crazy things she says and does. She's so foul and too old for that stuff and the mother of two boys. Eww!

• Love 14

I'm pretty sure Yo Ho pilfered the dress from the donated clothing drive. That, and she probably didn't donate a cent to ALS despite taking part in the challenge.

Well, Yo got the ice dumped on her so technically she doesn't have to donate, but let's hope she did. My first snarky thought on seeing that scene was, "The ice bucket challenge? That's so last summer."

I'm trying to figure out if [brandi] survived a childhood trauma or something because I still can't figure out why she's so immature and emotionally stunted.

At this point she's written two books about herself, right, and not revealed any huge childhood trauma to garner our sympathy?

I'm guessing the answer is "because she wants to be."

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4
That was a weird little conversation in Kyle's closet, with Portia asking who was better, Lisa Rinna or Lisa V.  I wasn't sure what to make of it if - was it scripted or did Portia really come up with that on her own?

It sounded like something a kid Portia's age would say to me. It's not like it really gave Kyle some great opening to smack anybody down. She didn't answer and then in a TH she did the standard "I'm not going to say either" thing that made it sound like she had an opinion she wasn't sharing, when there's not really anything else we need to know there. Since both women's names are Lisa "which Lisa is better" is probably a logical follow up for a kid that age.

Lisa's explanation of why she's at Brandi's was hilarious--she totally does want to drag this out. But she's not responsible for Brandi's failed attempts to pretend Lisa really loves her and they should just get over it.

As for the other women trying to get the new two against Lisa I don't know....it seems like if these were real people talking about the dynamic between them it's just part of the story that they've also recently been on the outs with Lisa. Eileen herself noted that there seemed to be something between her and Yolanda too. But she was certainly smart to not form any opinion of Lisa based on it. Brandi's stuff about Scheanna did seem to come out of left field. Who knew she was finally "standing up" to Lisa shoving Scheanna in her face last season?

• Love 4

Did anyone notice that when Kyle was toasting Brandi at the housewarming that her glass was empty? I'm sure Kyle either didn't notice and/or didn't mean anything by it, but I found it amusing.

Also, did the women when Lisa R. was telling them about the ALS ice bucket challenge not sound like complete twits? They're all standing around and Lisa's all "It's for ALS, you know the really horrible disease." Oh, right. The really horrible disease, as opposed to all of those other disease that aren't horrible. And the other women just nod along not having a clue what Lisa R is talking about, before Yolanda pipes up about how her bestie has ALS. Of course she does, Yolanda. Of course you have someone you're close to that has the disease everyone is talking about. And she knows what it's like to struggle as a single mother, the hardest thing any woman can live through, because no one has ever suffered through so much like Yolanda has. She needs to come down from that cross and get over herself.

• Love 6

Yolonda was in Spain with Kyle and family. Which is why Kyle wasn't invited either, and she's not bent out of shape about it, is she? Yolonda seems to think she MUST be invited to everything, whether she can attend or not. Being halfway around the world in another country doesn't count, in her mind.

Yolanda returned on the 23rd of July after Bella's arrest on the 22nd of July.  Yolanda's original plan was just to stay for the weekend and she cut her visit short by a day to tend to Bella.  The "ceremony" was on the 30th of July.  Kyle and Maurico returned on the 1st of August to attend Brooke's wedding on the August 2nd.  Kyle and family were suppose to stay in Europe for two weeks but cut their vacation short due to the hurry up wedding.

Lisa is very clear why she didn't invite Yolanda and that is because Yolanda dissed her last year in a blog saying she would never get a star (which she won't in Hollywood).  Kyle in her blog said not only was she out of the country but was unaware Lisa had received a star in response to Ken's snarky comment about Kyle failing to congratulate her and inviting her to a BBQ.

So Yolanda was available for both the PUMP opening and the star ceremony but Lisa will not move on in any fashion.  Lisa apparently saw fit to invite Carlton, Joyce, Joanna Krupa, Gretchen and Slade to the PUMP opening on May 12th.  What made me laugh is Lisa assertion that Yolanda and the rest of the uninvited failed to congratulate her on her fete that is PUMP.  Lisa is very strategic in her reasons for not inviting people to her events.  Maybe she should sit back and review why she is not receiving the support of the others.

• Love 8

I don't mind Brandi.  So not everyone is done with Brandi on this board.  Her "rental" party was just her turn at having to host something.  She hasn't hosted anything since her Malibu bellydancing/Taylor freak out on Camille party where Adrienne infamously said "Lisa stirs the pot" in the season trailer and then Bravo never showed it in the season.

Lisa is just better at behaving.  She uses pussy too.  "My pussy's pink, want to see?"  She isn't as crude as Brandi, but she found Brandi to be fun enough to pal around with for a few seasons, even after work to drink with at Sur after hours.  So she can take her mock-outrage at Brandi's language and stuff it.  I think Lisa and Ken have had plenty of bawdy humor in their lives.  In fact, I think Ken himself was quite the scrapper before he made it big in England.  

Brandi's mom is not going to trash her on TV.  We don't know what she says to Brandi off camera.  Brandi has said her parents have admonished her in the past.  Her dad wasn't talking to her for a long time because of some of the things she wrote about him.  It was shitty of Lisa to go there.  As Lisa knows, parents can't always control their kids.  Yolanda learned that this year with Bella.  Lisa sent Max away when he had some troubles.  Parents often do their best to no avail.

Brandi is very trashy and crude.  She had some restraint in the past.  Most notably when Kim went after her at Brandi's first attended white party.  I wish she would go back to using that restraint.  She is so desperate with Lisa right now.  It's truly pathetic. 

• Love 5

The person who won this episode was Eileen.  I can see why she is the highest paid of the cast.  I appreciated her TH about not being sucked into all the PR hype and let her work as an actress speak for itself, vs Lisa R's hustle, hustle, mentality.  But then Eileen is an Emmy award winning actress on a major network show.  And Lisa isn't.

• Love 6

The person who won this episode was Eileen. I can see why she is the highest paid of the cast. I appreciated her TH about not being sucked into all the PR hype and let her work as an actress speak for itself, vs Lisa R's hustle, hustle, mentality. But then Eileen is an Emmy award winning actress on a major network show. And Lisa isn't.

I agree.

Eileen is a really good actress and I'm loving her TH.

I don't really consider LR an actress anymore. I don't what her last acting job was. I think its been years. Or at least that the last time I noticed. Don't get me wrong, I like Lisa R but I just don't think of her as an actress.

• Love 1

Brandi continues to bring the trash factor to a RHONJ level! Here's hoping for a crossover when she swoops in on Juicy Joe while Teresa's in the slammer. What was with her repeating, "eye contact. eye contact. eye contact," to Ken? Her level of social awkwardness rises every episode!

Ken wasn't looking at her which was dismissive.  Instead of just accepting the lame hug, Brandi decided to talk to Ken like he was one of her children and demand that he look her in the eye.  Ken just wanted out of there.

Most of the clothing donation places are desperate for larger sizes. Also, what is a foster child going to do with a party dress? The places around me are looking specifically for workplace attire, something that a woman can go on a job interview in 

Lisa V said the foster girls were 15-16 so most likely these are for prom and school dances. While the women are in their 40-50s, most of them dress younger so it's not like it's frumpy old lady dresses.  And the girls definitely won't have to worry about wearing the same dress as another teen then.   I do a 2x a year drive for business clothes for a local community college who has a program for underprivileged. And I have to be very resourceful to get the larger sizes as most of the clothes I get are size 8 and under.  (Tip: I contact the local Weight Watchers and another diet center - their success stories are more than happy to donte their old clothes!)

Well, Yo got the ice dumped on her so technically she doesn't have to donate, but let's hope she did. My first snarky thought on seeing that scene was, "The ice bucket challenge? That's so last summer."

Not true.  Rules are it's $100 if you refuse the challenge but you still have to donate if you accept the challenge.  www.mtv.com/news/1904680/ice-bucket-challenge-rules/

• Love 3

My dad left when I was 7. According to Brandi, I can still make bad decisions and blame everything on him. #28YearsLater

If you're following Brandi's lead, you can continue well into your 90s.

My stance is that once you've been out of your parents' house longer than you were in it, it's all on YOU. That means most folks in their 40s gotta stop blaming the parents or risk looking like pathetic, whiny losers. Even people who have suffered severe trauma can get therapy and take responsibility for their own choices. Most of us know someone who has, and sadly, several who have not.

Not true.  Rules are it's $100 if you refuse the challenge but you still have to donate if you accept the challenge.

The "rules" vary. Nothing is set in stone. See Wikipedia, etc. I think most people got that they should donate no matter what, but it started to bug me when I saw all the ice dumping videos with no mention that a donation check had been written. In the early days people would at least mention they were donating or wave their check or something. It all started to look narcissistic, but it was still a great campaign.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

My stance is that once you've been out of your parents' house longer than you were in it, it's all on YOU. That means most folks in their 40s gotta stop blaming the parents or risk looking like pathetic, whiny losers.

Did Brandi blame her parents? 

• Love 1

Did Brandi blame her parents?

In her first season IIRC she mentioned growing up in a "hippie commune" or something like that, indirectly blaming her parents for her free and easy vulgar manner. Not sure what else she might have said, if anything.

• Love 3

You know, the chub chubs comments reslly got to me. Weight discrimination should be protected. I don't wish gaining weight on anyone but people who are inherently thin or who have never experience weight issues should have to go through at least once. I just need them to understand. Lisa R. did not correct those girls , did not even blink, because she feels the exact same way- better than THOSE people IMO.

• Love 4

Ken just wanted out of there.

Ken and Lisa are done with Brandi.  They really are.  They should just say so. At this point in the season, they are just toying with her, and she is stupid enough to fall for it.  I would like Lisa a lot more if she would just say,  "We are just going to be cordial. We are moving on as cordial acquaintances." (I don't think Ken is even going to be cordial!)  I think Lisa has the same disdainful feelings for the rest of the HWs too.  She is really just pretending to be friendly.

Adrienne and Kyle have said things just as bad about Ken and Lisa; Brandi is just dispensable in their world and to most of the HW viewing public, so she is much easier to cut out. The way Lisa went over to greet Adrienne at the White party this season was laughable.  I don't recall the two of them (Lisa and Adrienne) ever making up. 

• Love 4

So Yolanda was available for both the PUMP opening and the star ceremony but Lisa will not move on in any fashion.  Lisa apparently saw fit to invite Carlton, Joyce, Joanna Krupa, Gretchen and Slade to the PUMP opening on May 12th.  What made me laugh is Lisa assertion that Yolanda and the rest of the uninvited failed to congratulate her on her fete that is PUMP.  Lisa is very strategic in her reasons for not inviting people to her events.  Maybe she should sit back and review why she is not receiving the support of the others.

Lisa Vanderpump only invited former RH from various cities to her PUMP opening. Evidently she didn't want any of her current cast mates to steal the spotlight. 

I don't really consider LR an actress anymore. I don't what her last acting job was. I think its been years. Or at least that the last time I noticed. Don't get me wrong, I like Lisa R but I just don't think of her as an actress.

Lisa Rinna is more of an "entertainment personality" than a failed actress at this point. The only thing I've ever seen her in was a small part on Veronica Mars which she probably got through her husband who was featured in a more prominent role on the show, and her performance was very forgettable. By her own admission she'd be happy to get just about any work in the biz, whether it be reporting for Access Hollywood, modeling for Depends adult diapers or being a walking endorsement against lip implants/injections.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 3

In her first season IIRC she mentioned growing up in a "hippie commune" or something like that, indirectly blaming her parents for her free and easy vulgar manner. Not sure what else she might have said, if anything.

That's not so bad.  As long as she doesn't come right out and say "I blame my parents for taking Eddie to that LeAnn Rimes concert five years ago."

• Love 6

And from the shallow end of the pool, I really like the way she dresses.

I do too. Loved the cute little green, black and white dress. Eileen was never my favorite Ashley. I preferred Brenda Epperson. But so far, I love her wardrobe.
  • Love 4
And speaking of heads, Brandi and Yo are certainly tall. They tower over the other women, and I'm shocked when I notice it.

When Brandi is standing next to Kyle, I feel like they're about to bust into their own Laurel and Hardy routine, the difference is so comical. And I almost feel bad for Kyle, like I should get her a step stool. She literally has to crane her neck to look up at Brandi. 

• Love 6

I think Brandi is probablly the quasi-human equivalent of a short term rental.........

bosawks -- You are always so witty but the above is an instant classic. 

Eileen looked great at Brandi's party.  Loved the dress on her.  It was amusing to see LisaR standing there, bottle in hand, waiting for Kyle, dumb ass, to introduce her to Brandi's mother.  Looks like she may have been in for a long wait. 

Portia off my screen would make me happy.  If Kyle is really looking to help her get into the business, surest way to nix that is to over expose the child on this show. Sick to death of both of them already and, aaaargggggh, another round of hysterical goings-on about leaving for college in our futures.  

Yolanda is LOVING the phony Brandi-Lisa kerfuffle.  So is Kyle.  They can barely contain their glee.  Brandi is super creepy and hostile in her Lisa and Ken baiting. She's become the body language maven too -- You throw your head back, Lisa.  Look me in the eye, Ken.  WTH?  Ripping olive branches off those trees?  I think Lisa is acting like a bit of an ass herself but mangling a woman's garden, Katie bar the door!

Nice view from her new rental though and, yeah, that was one sad and low-rent looking bar set up.  

Whatever Eileen was doing on that surfboard looked like a ton of fun and she looked fabu doing it.  

It's funny how LisaR and Eileen are both using the line "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't exist in my world" when it comes to Vanderpump.  LisaR's a television personality who I'm sure would probably love to get into hosting another talk show.  Eileen's slumming by appearing on this show at all so can afford to behave as a sane, grown-up woman would.  I can see both of them engaging in a certain amount of BS for the sake of the program but can't see either of them risking what they've already got by taking it down too low. 

And MAJOR props to Eileen for knowing how to say "to whomever" in the right way.  I can't remember the exact phrase by it struck me when she said it that this is a HWs first across all the franchises.  Good grammar, chic clothes, adult attitude, and not throwing the world's genitalia in our faces = Queen for a Day.  Whoever is styling her talking heads needs to be taken aside though. 

• Love 7
At this point she's written two books about herself, right, and not revealed any huge childhood trauma to garner our sympathy?

While not on the show, Brandi did reveal that she was jealous her sister was molested and she was not. Perhaps that constitutes a "trauma" in her book?

Brandi's mom is not going to trash her on TV.  We don't know what she says to Brandi off camera.  Brandi has said her parents have admonished her in the past.  Her dad wasn't talking to her for a long time because of some of the things she wrote about him.  It was shitty of Lisa to go there.

I do agree with this. As vile as I find Brandi, a parent shouldn't trash their child on national TV. I didn't take Brandi's mom brushing off Lisa's comments as anything more than a parent not wanting to "go there" with someone she had just met. It doesn't mean that IRL Brandi's mother totally dismisses her behavior, but there is probably still some bit of family loyalty there. 

• Love 5

aaaargggggh, another round of hysterical goings-on about leaving for college in our futures.

I'm starting to believe I was somehow deprived of the experience of watching my mother have a blubbering, irrational nervous breakdown before sending me off to school.

• Love 14

So weird how these women toss around the word "love" to each other so much.

How many times did Kim say she LOVED Brandi? SMH

I found myself hoping crazy Kim would take a flying leap, grab Brandi by her weaves, and both of them would sail off into the cliffs below, never to be seen nor heard from again on this show.

Because Kim's overly effusive "love" speech and Brandi's refusal to wear double-sided tape on that ridiculous dress really pissed me off.  

• Love 4

It seemed like something a little girl would ask to me, without being prompted by mom.  Especially how Portia answered her own question in that tone of voice like "maybe, maybe not."  But, then again, I always find Portia adorable so what do I know.

I agree. I have a 4 1/2 year old and I could totally see her presenting me with that question regarding two friends of mine who happened to have the same name. She's already asked me several times which grandma I think is better. Hah.

• Love 6

My dad left when I was 7. According to Brandi, I can still make bad decisions and blame everything on him. #28YearsLater

According to Tamra Barney (RHoOC), you can use it as an excuse if your father left your mother when you were 26 (married, divorced, raising a kid on your own).  It's never too early or too late to blame someone else!

Although I think Lisa was joking with the blame the parents business, I do blame the parents. They need to sit down with their daughter and have a serious talk with her about all the crazy things she says and does. She's so foul and too old for that stuff and the mother of two boys. Eww!

Lisa is off in her delivery this year.  She pointedly said that she blamed the parents to Brandi's parents.  Last few seasons, it would have been a more off hand comment like, 'oh, it was probably her upbringing' and then a quick smile and walk away.

• Love 8
I'm starting to believe I was somehow deprived of the experience of watching my mother have a blubbering, irrational nervous breakdown before sending me off to school.

I have a mom like that, sort of.  Not as extensive as the women on these shows, far as I know, but she cried when I left for school.  Even after I was out of the house, she got teary when I'd leave after visiting.  So, I don't see the whole thing as that far outside reality. 

I liked Kyle's scenes with her family.  Can't believe her daughter doesn't know how to do laundry, though.  That doesn't jive with the "I want to keep them grounded" schtick.

It's funny how LisaR and Eileen are both using the line "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't exist in my world" when it comes to Vanderpump.  LisaR's a television personality who I'm sure would probably love to get into hosting another talk show.  Eileen's slumming by appearing on this show at all so can afford to behave as a sane, grown-up woman would.  I can see both of them engaging in a certain amount of BS for the sake of the program but can't see either of them risking what they've already got by taking it down too low.

For some reason this part of your post makes me wonder...is Eileen only on here as some kind of learning experience to improve her acting?  I don't know her Y&R character, but I can easily see her learning a lot of ways to add layers to her performance on Days by hanging out with these women.  Hence the questions about the tension between Vanderpump, Yolanda, and Brandi.  She's got to understand all that (and practice at some point) so she can replicate it in her work as a manipulative psychopath.  

And, if this show is essentially a soap opera but with a gloss of reality, suggesting to some that this is how real women act, she'd be smart to study firsthand and bring it back to her characters to add that "authenticity" viewers might now want/expect.  She did say in an interview she has to stay relevant as an actress, but she prefers to do it through work and not publicity...hmm.

• Love 2

According to Tamra Barney (RHoOC), you can use it as an excuse if your father left your mother when you were 26 (married, divorced, raising a kid on your own).  It's never too early or too late to blame someone else!

I have this dream that someday Bravo will make a show with all the worst housewives from every city together.  So then we don't have to watch them on their actual shows anymore.  For instance, Tamra and Brandi road trip to visit Theresa in prison!  Call me, Andy!

• Love 8

I have this dream that someday Bravo will make a show with all the worst housewives from every city together.  So then we don't have to watch them on their actual shows anymore.  For instance, Tamra and Brandi road trip to visit Theresa in prison!  Call me, Andy!

I have a dream that they wind up on a island somewhere ala Survivor.  Maybe Alcatraz?  Then Theresa can serve out her sentence at the same time.

• Love 6

Lisa Rinna is not an actress or really even a celebrity, kind of just a self admitted fame whore now like the rest of the I suppose. She grates on my nerves. I like Eileen and for some reason the fact that she married Vince Van Patten cracks me up.

• Love 4

I think Brandi blames her parents for not loving her enough. She sort of hints at that every time they are around.

Of course she does.  Just like she constantly blames her ex-husband, etc.  One thing Brandi is very good at - playing the innocent victim.

The truth is, she is just a mean, rotten, vile person.  The show would be so much better without her.

Her desperate attempt to make up with Lisa V - a relationship which she was responsible for destroying in the first place - is her desperate attempt for storyline on the show.

• Love 7

I agree that Lisa V is done with Brandi. And Ken is oh so done with her. The only reason she showed up is because they were filming and if she keeps declining invite where Brandi is present, she is going to find herself irrelevant on the show. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Lisa tried to get Brandi aufed and that was part of her ot wanting to come back this season, but AC and TPTB would not give in to all her demands, that being one.

As for Lisa V trashing Brandi's parents, I think she thought her "I blame the parents" comment was funny. But as many have pointed out, her  "wit" sometimes falls flat, or is unfunny at best.  I have no idea what Brandi's relationship with her folks is but most parents would probably defend their child, even in the worst of situations. 

• Love 4

phoenix, do you know Eileen from Days? I love her Kristen DiMeara and often think how she's able to play her with a lot of layers. Maybe not her latest run where she stole an embryo and had it implanted in her womb (sometimes I can't believe what I type), but she frequently impresses me with her abilities. On a soap, mind you : )

• Love 5

On a completely shallow note, Kim Richards has never looked as good (on this show) as she looked last night.  An extra 10 lbs agrees with her!

But, I didn't understand Lisa telling Brandi's mother that she blamed the parents. I didn't take that as a joke.

That’s okay, because it wasn’t.  It was just another way for Lisa to work in how badly she was treated.  And then say “I was jooooooooking [that you suck as parents]!”  If it were an actual quip that fell flat, she would have touched the woman’s arm and done that gushing thing one does when one has said the wrong thing – “Of course I didn’t mean it that way – omg – that came out totally wrong.  She’s her own person, you can’t blame your parents after you’re grown!”  And she would have delivered it with the intense uncomfortable candor you adopt in that situation.  Instead, she just vaguely looked over their shoulders and muttered her disclaimer like she could barely tolerate another minute talking to these dreary people. 

I think in many ways Lisa and NeNe from Atlanta are getting the same treatment from production (except no beard on Lisa yet).  Both are sanctimoniously reigning and deigning in their talking heads, no doubt egged on, blissfully unaware of how they’re coming off.  Lisa’s making her digs in every episode, at every housewife (except the new ones), confident that it’s in the service of the storyline of Brave Classy Lisa Dealing Nobly With Horrible Wenches Who Did Her Wrong.  She can’t be sure which one they’ll use, so she’s handing them lots of material, and they’re using so much of it she looks petty.

Meanwhile, I don’t believe Brandi cared if Lisa came or not.  I think she’s fine if her storyline is that she’s moved on but Lisa can’t, and so she’ll goad Lisa into uncomfortable encounters as much as she can.  Maybe Yolanda’s giving her passive aggressive lessons.   

If production lines up everybody to leave your function and go to a much prettier location to hang out and talk about you?  Magic 8 ball says “outlook [for your edit] not so good.”

• Love 8

kassa -- LOL!  Love it.  I thought the Lisa V comment about blame on parents was also a subtle way of letting them know that Brandi does just that!  Lisa V is verging into Cruella territory with quips like these.  And, no kidding, on the "dreary people" angle.  One thing Lisa shares with Yo is this idea that one can say virtually anything to the little people in the most patronizing way because, hey, at least they are being addressed and given attention.  Lisa's looking down her nose and sniffing the air upon entering House of Brandi was priceless. 

And this is so picking on her because I find her unbearable, Yo's dumb comment about how "Getting divorced and being a single mom is the most difficult thing that can happen to a woman ... "  No, Yolanda, it's actually not.  Turn on the tube, girl, and witness this world.  Getting divorced, being a single mom (yeah, right, YoYo) may be the most difficult thing that has happened to you in the recent past, but there are miseries out there that far outweigh any of that -- and not to say that stuff don't hurt.  I am picking on her -- She's gone into full-time Iago mode this season.  I think Lisa V is a mighty sketchy character but Yolanda's envy of her, and pettiness in talking about her, is a sight to behold.  On a more serious note:  there is no excuse for a gal with that much cash at her disposal not to be able to invest in a proper hair conditioning treatment.  Her new bob is much better than the Terminator era looks she sports but, really -- get some moisture into that hair!

I'm not the detective that some are in figuring out timelines and such but you'd think that Yolanda didn't have the whole Bella drama going on while Palm Springs crap star business was going on.  

PS -- I don't know any 4 - 5 year old who knows how to say "I would think Lisa Rinna" as Portia did.  Perhaps the little girl is precocious beyond all measure.  'I would think" is an adult phrase with a British tang to it.  That was staged. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 3

After Brandi's explanation to Lisa R and Eileen about what the falling out with Lisa V was about I am now more than ever convinced that she has and had NO reason to be pissed off at Lisa V.  At least not to the level that she brought it to.  Sure, Lisa mothered her and maybe said some inappropriate things here and there (something Brandi is SURELY guilty of herself) but all that warranted was a sit down lunch where she could've told Lisa "Hey, I have a mom...knock it off."

Instead she concocted this story about how some peeon at Lisa's restaurant is Lisa's best friend and constantly insisted Brandi hang out with her like they were best buddies.  Brandi exaggerated that story to make her look like the victim SO much I was actually laughing.  I can remember twice that Scheana (is that how you spell it?) was around when Brandi was....and didn't Brandi request the meeting with her at lunch so she could tell her off?  

It's clear to me that Brandi was pissed off that everyone kept saying she was Lisa's lap dog and puppet and so she had to find some reason to fall out with her so she could prove to everyone that she's not anyone's mouth piece.  She took it too far and she knows it which is why she's acting like a thirsty bitch now.  

Eileen makes me laugh.  She and Lisa R together "We have no idea what's going on" was hilarious.

• Love 7

It never screams "staged" to me when children say adult things. It's all about what they hear, and Portia is around a lot of adults. Years ago, I babysat a 6 year old. She wanted me to spend the night and called my mother who said no. When the child's mother asked what happened, she said, "well. Her mother said she couldn't stay ...for no apparent reason!" I mean, where did she pick that up from? Lol.

• Love 13

It never screams "staged" to me when children say adult things. It's all about what they hear, and Portia is around a lot of adults. Years ago, I babysat a 6 year old. She wanted me to spend the night and called my mother who said no. When the child's mother asked what happened, she said, "well. Her mother said she couldn't stay ...for no apparent reason!" I mean, where did she pick that up from? Lol.

I thought it was bit rich but you may very well be right.  I had a boy  -- different modes. 

I'll admit some real bias too.  Kyle's make-up room always made my uncomfortable.  The light, the dozens of boxes of stuff going on, the daughters being prepped for appearances -- I'm of an age where I think dust, grime, clean-up -- Who takes care of that space?  All that hair -- all that gunk.  Kid eating in the area.  Kyle definitely trying to make the little girl happen.

I think what's happening is that I'm getting done with all of them and so a mini-death is taking place.  I'm tired of all these broads but not of the boards.

• Love 4

And this is so picking on her because I find her unbearable, Yo's dumb comment about how "Getting divorced and being a single mom is the most difficult thing that can happen to a woman ... "  No, Yolanda, it's actually not.  Turn on the tube, girl, and witness this world.  Getting divorced, being a single mom (yeah, right, YoYo) may be the most difficult thing that has happened to you in the recent past, but there are miseries out there that far outweigh any of that -- and not to say that stuff don't hurt.  I am picking on her -- She's gone into full-time Iago mode this season.  I think Lisa V is a mighty sketchy character but Yolanda's envy of her, and pettiness in talking about her, is a sight to behold.  On a more serious note:  there is no excuse for a gal with that much cash at her disposal not to be able to invest in a proper hair conditioning treatment.  Her new bob is much better than the Terminator era looks she sports but, really -- get some moisture into that hair!

Yolanda is looking ridiculous this season.  Between her comments about being a single mom (puhleaze, she was a single mom with millions in her bank account), complaining about how hard it is to own a big house with a large staff, and whining that going to the Amalfi Coast has become an exhausting job, she is coming off as extremely entitled.  Her hard knock life is one most people dream about having.  

ETA: Didn't Yolanda say she got into modeling to support her family because they didn't have a lot of money?  One would think her humble beginnings would provide her with a bit of perspective and humility.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 13

I agree.

Eileen is a really good actress and I'm loving her TH.

When Lisa R said people weren't giving her roles bc she was too famous I said out loud, no, honey, you're just not a good actress

• Love 9

Yolanda is looking ridiculous this season.  Between her comments about being a single mom (puhleaze, she was a single mom with millions in her bank account), complaining about how hard it is to own a big house with a large staff, and whining that going to the Amalfi Coast has become an exhausting job, she is coming off as extremely entitled.  Her hard knock life is one most people dream about having.  

ETA: Didn't Yolanda say she got into modeling to support her family because they didn't have a lot of money?  One would think her humble beginnings would provide her with a bit of perspective and humility.

Yolanda's all about business.  I think she's pissed that she got sick and wasn't able to capitalize on her moment and that Lisa stole it with her crappy restaurant show and her various grade D blog off shoots.  Ken is Ken and who knows what goes on there but I do think that Ken is still crazy about Lisa and that Yolanda probably wanted that kind of devotion for herself.  I know I did and can often feel a bit bitter about it myself.  I don't blame for being bitter -- well, yes, I guess, I do -- but I've grown to hate her too cool for skool but still whoring herself out schtick. 

• Love 3

When Lisa R said people weren't giving her roles bc she was too famous I said out loud, no, honey, you're just not a good actress

That was hilarious.  Yes, honey, all the great roles in Hollywood go to unknowns.  

I can guaran-damn-tee she only got the role on Veronica Mars because she was "known" as the wife of Harry Hamlin.  

• Love 3

That scene with Portia had Kyle's sneaky machinations written all over it. In true Kyle form, she employs her friends and kin to make disparaging remarks on her account so she can keep her hands clean. The smirk on Kyle's face during her confessional after Portia said she preferred Lisa Rinna (despite presumably only having met her once) said it all. That same smirk also appeared in the scene were Yolanda said "love" was too strong a word to describe her feelings towards Vanderpump.

As if every single talking head matches up with the scene that has just been shown. It has been pretty much a standard for all reality show talking heads to be edited in wherever the editors feel the need to insert them. Especially if it can stir up drama.

Has Lisa ever made it clear what exactly she is pissed off about with Brandi? I have not read any blogs. Are Lisa and Ken mad at the magazine allegations and other matters? I noticed in the scene where Lusa and Brandi talked on the phone, Lisa mentioned how she was upset at Brandi for revealing things to others that she had confided to Brandi. What were those things? I am glad Lisa is not falling for Brandi's bullshit, but I cannot help but remember Lisa siding with Brandi when the other women had issues with her. Now, the hooker shoe is on the ither foot and Lisa is not having it.

• Love 1

Hilarious how everyone brought booze as a housewarming gift. They know their host well.

But, I didn't understand Lisa telling Brandi's mother that she blamed the parents.

As Lisa explained, she wasn't going to bash someone's child to their parent's face. Joking or not, Lisa was able to agree with them that Brandi has issues, without engaging in the actual dissing of their daughter with them (which they seemed more than willing to do in order to do their own kissing up to Lisa).

If production lines up everybody to leave your function and go to ga much prettier location to hang out and talk about you? 

I thought they walked down the street to Villa Blanca?

How does Adrienne manage to pull such a cute, seemingly wealthy, much younger boyfriend? The woman has the charisma of fence post, her face is a fright, and her style is for shit. I don't get it.

• Love 6

We'll never know whether Lisa R was a good actress or not really and that's part and parcel of her story and born out by Harry.  Harry had a very good and brief turn on Mad Men and surprised--and reminded folks of what he did in the past -- not a bad actor at all and over 30 years ago a tv star and quick movie presence.  I think Lisa's story is that we will never know because she didn't make it beyond a certain point and that point was a very long time ago.  I get people not liking Rinna and will admit that I do.  I think she's been pretty effective, like her or not, in articulating what Hollywood might be like for people who are still hanging on by their fingernails and who had a fleeting shot decades ago.  I think it makes her a likable and efficient interviewer.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her replacing Kelly Ripa on morning shows. 

Just to say too that a lot of folks, too many really, were probably good actors who didn't get lucky.  We will never know and they have to live with the disappointment which doesn't mean they have to live in hell just that it didn't work out for them.  Surely some of can relate to that. I know women now who were actresses and models in ways that no one on earth would ever remember.  They were gorgeous and working in the 70s and 80s and that was it.  None of them are Lisa Rinna and I do think that Lisa would still be Lisa because no one remembers Harry either. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 6

We'll never know whether Lisa R was a good actress or not really and that's part and parcel of her story and born out by Harry.  Harry had a very good and brief turn on Mad Men and surprised--and reminded folks of what he did in the past -- not a bad actor at all and over 30 years ago a tv star and quick movie presence.  I think Lisa's story is that we will never know because she didn't make it beyond a certain point and that point was a very long time ago.  I get people not liking Rinna and will admit that I do.  I think she's been pretty effective, like her or not, in articulating what Hollywood might be like for people who are still hanging on by their fingernails and who had a fleeting shot decades ago.  I think it makes her a likable and efficient interviewer.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her replacing Kelly Ripa on morning shows. 

I always loved her on DOOL, so I never viewed her as a bad actress. I do think that being popular on a soap hurt her, because for some reason few soap stars make it outside the soap world. Not saying it isn't possible because obviously, there are a lot of soap stars who have managed to become successful, but they aren't the norm. There are a lot of talented soap actors who leave, only to return because they couldn't find work.

I too am digging Lisa R. and find her refreshing, but what she said was pretty snark worthy.  She isn't that well known.

I know that a lot of people see her as fakey nice, but to me she just comes off as a very positive person, and at times, it can seem like a bit much. I see a woman who is down to earth and self aware.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 12

Hilarious how everyone brought booze as a housewarming gift. They know their host well.

As Lisa explained, she wasn't going to bash someone's child to their parent's face. Joking or not, Lisa was able to agree with them that Brandi has issues, without engaging in the actual dissing of their daughter with them (which they seemed more than willing to do in order to do their own kissing up to Lisa).

I thought they walked down the street to Villa Blanca?

How does Adrienne manage to pull such a cute, seemingly wealthy, much younger boyfriend? The woman has the charisma of fence post, her face is a fright, and her style is for shit. I don't get it.

Have always thought that Adrienne off the show was an interesting kind of gal who knows how to get what she wants.