Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Breaking Branches

• Start Topic

So did Yo plan on doing the ice bucket challenge and bring a change of clothing, or did she appropriate the black jumpsuit from the charity pile?  Or maybe it was production's planning.  I guess what I'm saying is that this epi was so boring, Yo's clothes were the only thing that I thought more than 2 seconds about. :)

• Love 3

What middle-aged person (yes Brandi you are middle-aged) has a big party to celebrate moving into a RENTAL? Then walks around talking about how they have "made it", based on what? 

Pump looks like a Fridays from the outside, what with the big neon letters on top. And it looks like a thrift shop on the inside. It's just odd looking. 

Brandi has noting to say so she just talks like  a vulgar potty mouth. 

Kyle needs to STFU about Portia and holy crap, next week it's tears about "going away to college". Oh gag. 

Speaking of needing to STFU, Yo needs to give not being invited to Palm Springs a break. No one is obliged to invite anyone anywhere. Get over it. 

I have a hard time believing that neither Eileen or Lisa R know about the Lisa Brandi feud. Especially since Lisa was a regular on WWHL and would often give her opinion. I call BS!

• Love 11

So as of now, I love Eileen. She clearly has no time for the bullshit (as of now, of course), has her own opinions, and is snarky in the way I like my realty show people to be snarky - witty, but not too mean. Thumbs up.

And from the shallow end of the pool, I really like the way she dresses.  I've liked everything I've seen on her so far.

Yolanda could be the best thing that ever happened to Jewish mothers.  They may finally get off the hook for being the world's worst guilt machines and have to hand off the crown to the Dutch masters.  Sheesh, why would anybody invite her to anything if all she does when she comes is kvetch at you for whatever you didn't invite her to?  Don't forget to include that little tip when you get your lifestyle show, Yo.  Always make the hostess feel as sorry as possible for having you there.

• Love 18

Leeza Gibbons is on Celebrity Apprentice this season with Brandi and apparently they became quite close.

Obviously Leeza needs to watch not only this show but also follow Brandi closely on social media to see just how traitorous Brandi can turn.

I wouldn't trust that two-faced bitch with a family recipe, much less any secrets that I wouldn't proclaim myself all over social media.

I can't believe anyone who has seen this show, in which her lack of character is overwhelmingly proven by her vicious and vile social media comments, would allow themselves to get close to that terror known as Brandi.

I'd rather hug a pissed off porcupine than get within striking (or smelling) distance of Brandi.

Ugh.  

• Love 24

Who's bright idea was it to hire Brandi for this franchise? Nothing about that vile woman says Beverly Hills--not in the slightest. Brandi looked like a chipmunk storing away a winter's worth of nuts in her cheeks in PUMP. All her pursuits of youth and beauty have only served to make her outsides match her repulsive innards. I'm trying to figure out if she survived a childhood trauma or something because I still can't figure out why she's so immature and emotionally stunted.

I also find it hard to believe Eileen and Lisa R. didn't do their homework on what was going on in past seasons between Lisa V and Brandi when they joined the show.

I enjoy Eileen's talking heads because she seems intelligent and reasonable which is more than can be said about these other broads--but after tonight I don't completely trust her. She claimed she wouldn't touch the Lisa/Brandi drama with a 10 ft poll in one breath, yet she inquires about the history of their fallout when production asks her to play pot stirrer so the other women can rehash their various grievances? That makes me think she'd Eileen would amenable to other insidious acts, should Bravo so ask/direct her in the future.

Plus, when Brandi said about Lisa "we love her but..", Yo chimed in with something like "love is a strong word", another sign that they are not great friends so why would Lisa invite her anywhere? Yo really is like a dog with a bone when she feels like someone has slighted her socially.

That was a weird little conversation in Kyle's closet, with Portia asking who was better, Lisa Rinna or Lisa V.  I wasn't sure what to make of it if - was it scripted or did Portia really come up with that on her own?

That scene with Portia had Kyle's sneaky machinations written all over it. In true Kyle form, she employs her friends and kin to make disparaging remarks on her account so she can keep her hands clean. The smirk on Kyle's face during her confessional after Portia said she preferred Lisa Rinna (despite presumably only having met her once) said it all. That same smirk also appeared in the scene were Yolanda said "love" was too strong a word to describe her feelings towards Vanderpump.

So did Yo plan on doing the ice bucket challenge and bring a change of clothing, or did she appropriate the black jumpsuit from the charity pile?  

I'm pretty sure Yo Ho pilfered the dress from the donated clothing drive. That, and she probably didn't donate a cent to ALS despite taking part in the challenge. No, I am not willing to give that bitch the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 11

This episode...hmm.

I totally think Lisa often reaps what she sows, or dishes it out but can't take it, or whichever idiomatic saying you choose, but I find her attitude towards Brandi refreshingly realistic. Whatever happened between them or whoever wronged who can be debated forever - I'm personally of the cynical opinion that they both opportunistically played each other in certain ways, Lisa pulled away from Brandi after tampon-gate, and then production took advantage of that to flip the script on Lisa with Brandi's help. But enough of this "moving forward" BS. I (and most people) normally don't revive friendships of short vintage after a falling out like that.

I continue to love this civil, charming, socially appropriate version of Kim. I do wonder if she changes so much from season to season because she's erratic and on different chemicals each time or because she's a good actress and producers are trying out different personae on her. Probably both and neither.

I love Eileen. She's actually self-deprecating and I think she's going to be the one with the best snark this season. I also liked the deliberate contrast between her avoidance of publicity for its own sake and Lisar's chomping at any publicity that comes her way. Lisar's observation that she always plays the crazy one was definitely a meta moment, since I think she's going to be playing that character here any minute.

I still enjoy this show because it's an ironic love letter to itself from cable and daytime TV. It's like a tongue-in-cheek primetime soap with the cast on an E! red carpet (as was said upthread), where they all play themselves. Kyle Richards, formerly Nurse Dory on ER and star of the first sitcom on TBS in 1984, meet Lisa Rinna of Melrose Place, who Harry Hamlin married after Nicolette Sheridan left him for Michael Bolton. Guest starring Brandi Glanville, ex-wife of walking VD Eddie Cibrian, Leeza Gibbons, and Faye Resnick, star of the OJ trials on CNN in 1995.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 14

Eileen is the best. From her dry, unimpressed "Wow" when Brandi's vagina renovation was mentioned, to her TH asking "WHY?!" cunnilingus was a discussion topic at the beautiful table, to her managing to remind stupid Brandi that Rinna was the original Billie without seeming petty or rude, I just love this woman.

Agreed that LV can run circles around Brandi mentally. I'm curious if she will befriend Eileen, who would probably be extremely hard to manipulate and seems not to care much about choosing "teams". I remember LV calling Joyce Giraud a "formidable opponent" and once her friendship with Brandi dissolved, L was quick to befriend J. Smart move to keep the ladies who could actually go toe to toe with her on good terms.

• Love 10

Soooo....we're just gonna gloss over Brandi's "swanky" Beverly Hills party featuring the lowest shelf alcohol known to man? Ok.

I couldn't stop giggling every time they showed the bar. Did we actually see anyone other than Brandi holding a drink?

• Love 3

So Brandi has to be saying all this vulgar and crass stuff for shock value.  Her "joke" about blackout sex?  Does she think that's funny?  

Brandi is quite parched so she is up for anything.  I don't wish her ill, but I wish she was off this show.  She is not fun or interesting to watch.  She is annoying, whiny, and inappropriate.

• Love 12

I can just imagine Brandi's young sons stirring up trouble in their classroom and then upon being scolded by the teacher, glibly replying "Do you want me to eat your pussy?!" The things those two boys must hear at home... they're going to need a lifetime of therapy. 

• Love 10

It's going to be super awkward for Brandi when she has to move out of her rental.

I am so tired of her woe is me why didn't Lisa invite me to her star ceremony why didn't she invite me to her restaurant opening

I'm giving Yolanda a little bit of a pass only because I think the editors used her same interview twice, the one where she was talking about inviting friends to life events was first played after the star, if I remember correctly, and was reused tonight.  And, she needs the screentime, imho.  Lisa iced them all out of a chance to do something on the show, although Yolanda couldn't have gone, right, because she was out of the country anyway?  

I can believe that Eileen wouldn't know what was going on with these people in any meaningful way because she's working her ass off on two soaps.  But, I'm biased in her favor because I loved her first run on Days.

I thought the whole Lisa V vs. Brandi thing was about Lisa being manipulative, or whatever, and Brandi nobly stepping out of her role as pawn.  It's nice to hear it boiled down to something more selfish on Brandi's part (wasn't about bringing tabloids about Kyle's marriage, was just about Lisa's spin-off requiring crossover episodes with this show).  

Also, I never fully bought into this idea of Lisa as puppetmaster until tonight when she explained why she went to Brandi's rental-warming.  Woman had a whole convoluted little plan there, maybe Brandi was right about her machinations after all.  The comments to Brandi's parents were a bit out of line too, imho, and not delivered as well as she normally does when she's insulting someone.  

Still, I'm more entertained by Lisa than Brandi at this point.  Brandi is awkward and...desperate in a way I don't fully understand.  She reminds me of Porsha on Atlanta, in a weird way, because she acts so immature for her age.  It's bizarre, I think I'm over it (though it looks like she'll be driving the drama again this year so...I may reverse that- shows need a villain, right?).  

I'm most entertained by the women when they aren't all together, though.  Rinna at her morning show, Eileen working out, Kyle with her family- those were my favorite bits.  

• Love 6

What the fresh hell was going on in the back of Maloof's head tonight?

Oh, and very nice "strategizing" on your appearance at Brandi's housewarming party, Lisa.

Guess Brandi, as drunk as she was, managed to pull the right word out of her ass that night in Palm Springs.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

Won't anyone think of the chub-chubs?  Hopefully the foster home gets dresses of all sizes.  And not just 0-6.

I swear to God I'm eating a Big Mac as I read this. (The line at the drive-thru was too long at the first McDonald's, so I just drove a few blocks to the next).

• Love 16

Brandi continues to bring the trash factor to a RHONJ level! Here's hoping for a crossover when she swoops in on Juicy Joe while Teresa's in the slammer. What was with her repeating, "eye contact. eye contact. eye contact," to Ken? Her level of social awkwardness rises every episode!

Brandi's dress at the housewarming was ridiculously unflattering. She looked much better in her TH looks- all of them. Totally weird for everyone to be toasting to Brandi's greatness. My partner asked me if she was leaving the country or if it was her birthday. Nope, just a housewarming party for a rental. Totally normal. It's as if Brandi has to get lauded with praise and attention for doing the things that adults are supposed to do.

I was horrified when Lisa V told Brandi's mom that she "blamed the parents" for how Brandi turned out. Her beef was not with Brandi's parents, she should've left them out of it. Even though Brandi acts like a teenager, she's in her forties. At this point and her behavior is all on her IMO.

Maybe I'm an unworldly uncultured hillbilly, but I immediately noticed the unusual trees at Pump. To me they're probably Pump's most redeeming feature. I would go there just to eat lunch under them. Well done on that Lisa!

I continue to be confused about Kim's role on the show. Her screen time is equal to that of a FOH, yet she's billed as a RH. What's up with that? Did Kyle insist on that?

This could've been a great season. Everyone is entertaining and fits well together (minus the obvious exception). I'm not sure why the season has turned out so forgettable so far. I can barely remember this episode...

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4

Who's bright idea was it to hire Brandi for this franchise? Nothing about that vile woman says Beverly Hills--not in the slightest. Brandi looked like a chipmunk storing away a winter's worth of nuts in her cheeks in PUMP. All her pursuits of youth and beauty have only served to make her outsides match her repulsive innards. I'm trying to figure out if she survived a childhood trauma or something because I still can't figure out why she's so immature and emotionally stunted.

I enjoy Eileen's talking heads because she seems intelligent and reasonable which is more than can be said about these other broads--but after tonight I don't completely trust her. She claimed she wouldn't touch the Lisa/Brandi drama with a 10 ft poll in one breath, yet she inquires about the history of their fallout when production asks her to play pot stirrer so the other women can rehash their various grievances? That makes me think she'd Eileen would amenable to other insidious acts, should Bravo so ask/direct her in the future.

That scene with Portia had Kyle's sneaky machinations written all over it. In true Kyle form, she employs her friends and kin to make disparaging remarks on her account so she can keep her hands clean. The smirk on Kyle's face during her confessional after Portia said she preferred Lisa Rinna (despite presumably only having met her once) said it all. That same smirk also appeared in the scene were Yolanda said "love" was too strong a word to describe her feelings towards Vanderpump.

I'm pretty sure Yo Ho pilfered the dress from the donated clothing drive. That, and she probably didn't donate a cent to ALS despite taking part in the challenge. No, I am not willing to give that bitch the benefit of the doubt.

Kyle and Lisa R have known each other for a long time

• Love 2

So confused.  The Lisa Brandi fight is all over Scheana being LV's "best friend" (which she obviously is not) and being brought around by Lisa????  And Brandi is the victim amongst all victims who were victimized?????!!!!  That isn't the reason for the dispute, that was just nonsense Brandi threw at Lisa when Lisa was attacking her to make herself be the victim.  If that was close to the truth why would Brandi be apologizing?  Makes no sense.  Brandi betrayed Lisa and Ken's trust.  More revisionist history then in a copy of '1984.'  Am I totally wrong about what the argument was about?  And all of the others seemed to agree. I was the only one going, huh?

And how do Kyle and Brandi get to decide when Lisa should forgive?

Brandi is just low class and disgusting.  Every comment is sex or boobs or both.  Like she has nothing else to say in a conversation.

Always has to be the victim, the poor cheated on single mom just trying to survive by being trashy. 

And Yolanda loves not being invited so she can point out how ill mannered Lisa is, not because she wanted to actually go.  Newsflash, Lisa doesn't consider any of you her friends and doesn't like you, Yolanda, Ms. perfect manners.

No, I don't think you are wrong. I couldn't believe it when Brandi tried to make it all about Scheana. I think Lisa asked her to meet with her once, saying she thought it would be a good idea if they cleared the air. Which I agree was more than enough. The first time Lisa had a party at Sur or wherever and found out that Scheana was the person involved with Eddie, she asked Scheana to leave, even though Scheana was working there that night.

That was ancient history by the time they had the falling out about how Lisa was supposedly machinating to make Brandi do all her "dirty work." And everyone else was sitting around nodding their heads and saying, "Yeah," as if that's what it was all about. Along with everyone pretty much hinting around about how Lisa was bad news and gave them all "issues." Good for Eileen and Lisa R for saying they won't be jumping on the bandwagon unless they see a problem themselves.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 8

I'm going to admit complete stupidity here.  I've watched every ep of BH since midseason 1, and I still don't get, entirely, the beef between LisaV and Brandi.  Yes, Brandi is a classless idiot who should have grown up by now.  She lobed around some claims of LisaV being bankrupt, which could be damaging to LV & Ken's business ventures, if...and this is a big if...she was a credible source.  Bankruptcy filings aren't exactly under lock & key, so any actual investor would have checked that shit out, so no real harm/foul.  Then there were the tabloids/magazines they all sell stories to that LV allegedly told Brandi to pack to piss off Kyle, and then LV had the waitress around one too many times.  Considering Brandi's whole story is based on being the "wronged woman", the cheating waitress who wasn't LeAnne should have been fodder for her flame.  So what gives?  They both are posturing their relevancy on each other.  Maybe that's it.  If they don't have any issues, they are both equally out of the equation.  Or maybe that's the point; I read Andy's diary book (hey, it's the holidays and there's crapola on TV), and he didn't seem all THAT excited about LV.

• Love 3

So confused.  The Lisa Brandi fight is all over Scheana being LV's "best friend" (which she obviously is not) and being brought around by Lisa????  And Brandi is the victim amongst all victims who were victimized?????!!!!  That isn't the reason for the dispute, that was just nonsense Brandi threw at Lisa when Lisa was attacking her to make herself be the victim.  If that was close to the truth why would Brandi be apologizing?  Makes no sense.  Brandi betrayed Lisa and Ken's trust.  More revisionist history then in a copy of '1984.'  Am I totally wrong about what the argument was about?  And all of the others seemed to agree. I was the only one going, huh?

And how do Kyle and Brandi get to decide when Lisa should forgive?

Brandi is just low class and disgusting.  Every comment is sex or boobs or both.  Like she has nothing else to say in a conversation.

Always has to be the victim, the poor cheated on single mom just trying to survive by being trashy. 

And Yolanda loves not being invited so she can point out how ill mannered Lisa is, not because she wanted to actually go.  Newsflash, Lisa doesn't consider any of you her friends and doesn't like you, Yolanda, Ms. perfect manners.

I actually started talking back to my TV when Brandi was telling everyone that the fight between her and Lisa was because of Scheana.  Talk about rewriting History!!

I feel like everyone is complicit in trying to make Brandi remain relevant when we all know she's not.

Who talks about someone else's boobs to their father?  You're a grown fucking woman - Yolanda was not amused and I appreciated that.  But on the other hand, the whole "you didn't invite me to Palm Springs" "you didn't invite me to the opening of PUMP".....I really don't see them as actual "friends".  But then I don't think Lisa V and Lisa R are either so that blows that theory out of the water!

Overall, too much Brandi.  And like someone else said -- it's a RENTAL HOUSE! Of which you've lived in about 6 in the last 3 years.  Why are you having a House warming party?  Oh that's right, to try and make you relevant.  Not working.

• Love 10

Plus, when Brandi said about Lisa "we love her but..", Yo chimed in with something like "love is a strong word", another sign that they are not great friends so why would Lisa invite her anywhere? Yo really is like a dog with a bone when she feels like someone has slighted her socially.

She really is.

Was Yolanda even in the states, at the time of Lisa's Star ceremony?

We know she was with her mother for a couple weeks then her King and lastly Kyle.

• Love 2

Yolonda was in Spain with Kyle and family. Which is why Kyle wasn't invited either, and she's not bent out of shape about it, is she? Yolonda seems to think she MUST be invited to everything, whether she can attend or not. Being halfway around the world in another country doesn't count, in her mind.

• Love 6
Won't anyone think of the chub-chubs?  Hopefully the foster home gets dresses of all sizes.  And not just 0-6.

Most of the clothing donation places are desperate for larger sizes. Also, what is a foster child going to do with a party dress? The places around me are looking specifically for workplace attire, something that a woman can go on a job interview in 

Brandi's dress at the housewarming was ridiculously unflattering.

Maybe I just take the unwritten rules of dressing seriously, but I was always taught that if you were going to wear a halter top, you don't wear a necklace, especially a big chunky one like Brandi had on. 

Adrienne looked like crap Why does the back of her hair always look like a rats nest? Doesn't she have a hand mirror?

• Love 3

Adrienne looked like crap Why does the back of her hair always look like a rats nest? Doesn't she have a hand mirror?

I believe she likes that look, so that people might think she's been rolling in the back seat of the limo before her arrival. Or leaned up against a brick wall. Or something.

• Love 8

It must have been Adrienne.

Yolanda came back early from Europe because of Bella, so she probably was in town for Lisa's star ceremony.  I think part of the manipulation the HWs resent is probably camera time manipulation too.  She won't attend events that they hold thereby reducing the chance that their scenes make it to air and then doesn't invite them to her events, knowing that as a fan favorite her events are more likely to air anyway.  

It was a low blow Lisa V made against Brandi's parents.  I think Lisa V is losing her touch.  She thinks she is leading the pack, but she is getting a little cocky and is going too far.

• Love 6

What's funny to me is that we all disagree on certain issues in this forum; but there's one universal common bond:

Seems most of us, (if not nearly all) find Brandi repulsive.    

I could barely watch this episode because of her nasty face.  I kept fast forwarding when she was on screen, but then I kept missing the gist of everything.  
I'd like to add another thing to hate about Brandi, that I don't believe has been mentioned.   The way she speaks makes me want to pour bleach down her throat so that I never have to hear her talk again.   Just can't stand her lispy valley girl accent or whatever the fuck it is.  

• Love 6

Okay, I just have to start out by saying - who throws a housewarming party for a renter??? I know I've gone on about this several times already, but you can blame Our Lady of Lemons for getting me all riled up again. When Yo was all - "This is a big deal for a single mom", I nearly threw up. WHAT'S a big deal? That she signed a rental agreement for this rather nice home with the lovely view? It's not HERS. It's not like she bought it out of a hand or put up a rather large down payment. Also, can it with this "single mom" bullshit. Yo talks like she and Brandi were just left high and dry with all these kids, as if the fathers are not still totally involved. Like Brandi's living in a tenement, feeding her kids off of food stamps. Please. She's going to be just fine. 

Then we have Lisa, grandly sweeping in at the last minute, like she is such The Bigger Person. No. She just didn't want to sit home alone and miss out on filming a scene in which all the other girls would be there. So by deciding to come at the last minute, she can make herself out like this grand, magnanimous person who is still hurting, but willing to take baby steps. Don't get me wrong, I think Lisa has very valid reasons to be hurt by Brandi, but I think all these tentative steps are BS, as I don't think she has any genuine interest in being friends again. Ever. 

And while Brandi is my least favorite person on this show, possibly on the entire Housewive franchise, I did feel badly for her when Lisa started trying to bond with her parents about what a pill Brandi is. That was all kinds of awkward!

And speaking of awkward, Brandi's behavior with Lisa is so uncomfortable! To quote Mean Girls - "She's a pusher!" Genuine or not, she can't just be content with Lisa's gesture of showing up, or inviting her to the lunch at SUR. She has to continue to push for more and more - "You love me, you miss me, have lunch with me, I'll eat your pussy"....wait, what??? Just settle down there, Brandi. For someone who keeps insisting she's not an ass-kisser and she doesn't need Lisa or anything, she sure seems desperate to get on her good side again. 

Although, Lisa V. can lose me with her feigned shock over Brandi's offer, as if SHE'S not offering sexual favors to her pets right and left? I suppose if Brandi said it with a cheeky British accent and framed the words in a more vague way it would have been funny and classy? 

Eileen asking Kyle what the deal was with Brandi and Lisa was soooo producer driven. I am under no illusions about these shows being somewhat scripted, but damn....don't make it so obvious. It's not like Eileen couldn't have watched the previous seasons and seen exactly what was going on with everybody. And then we get Brandi's BS response - as if the Scheana thing is ALL there is to it. And really, calling Scheana Lisa's BFF? Hardly. She's her EMPLOYEE, and while they may get along well, they're hardly what I'd call "friends". Brandi is the one who wanted to use the Scheana angle to amp up her storyline and her "poor, jilted wife" image, but then she gets all pissed if other people bring her around. You know...to wait tables....because it's her job. 

Sigh, these people are exhausting. 

The Umanskys, thankfully, brought me a breath of fresh air. I thought their kitchen conversation was very fun and relatable. When Portia just casually turned her head and said, "I'm making poo by the way, would you like any?", I about died. That totally sounds like something one of my little ones would say. I feel like they've been trying to give her the Milania edit this season, and I do think she is a bit on the spoiled side, but I don't think she is NEAR the little hellraiser Hellania is, and she's mostly pretty adorable. Right now Kyle is my favorite Housewife and I enjoy the scenes with her family more than a lot of the other shit this season. 

• Love 18

I don't think the foster girls wanted workplace or school attire. They wanted dresses for parties or special occasions, which would be more expensive than T-shirts and jeans. Many towns have Prom Boutiques, where girls can go to pick out a prom dress that they never could have afforded.

I'm not sure if the dresses that 50 year old women wear would be suitable for teenagers, but it's a nice gesture anyway.

• Love 3
Lisa did mention some young women might be looking for a prom dress.

I might be wrong, but I believe she said that last year she the event brought in a lot of prom style dresses, and the charity had said they were looking for other things besides prom dresses this time. Again, I'm not sure, but most charities that collect prom dresses really want larger sizes and plus sizes. In addition, these women are in their 40s and  50s. A 16 year old would probably not be into the same thing. 

• Love 2

I keep forgetting to mention this, but it bugs me, so I just have to: I can't stand the way Kyle says, in the voiceover, "For more about the HOWZwives..."

I thought Yolanda looked cute dressed down in black, and with less of a helmet head.

And speaking of heads, Brandi and Yo are certainly tall. They tower over the other women, and I'm shocked when I notice it. Also speaking of heads, Leeza Gibbons' head is huge! And that's compared to glamazons Brandi and Yo!

Brandi's veiny boobs are not cute. No one needs to see that. They do make tape that keeps the girls at bay, but even better, put the girls away, dumbass, especially around your poor dad. Sheesh!

I think Brandi pulled out the Scheana fight excuse because no one's going to argue with an aggrieved, cheated-on spouse. It's the cheap way to get sympathy, and we all know that Cheap is Brandi Glanville's middle name. Should be her first name!

I was proud of Kim when she walked up to the two ladies (Kyle and ?) and asked if they were having a private discussion to make sure that it was OK to join them. I must admit that I did a double take. What show is this, where civilized, mature behavior is on display?

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 4

The way Yo talks about not being invited to Palm Springs, you would think Lisa was being honored by Queen Elizabeth.

Do people really do toasts at housewarming parties?

Do people really have housewariming parties when you move into a rental. Especially when you move into a new rental every year?  Brandi dear, as long as you are so stupid that you drive a rented Range Rover while renting your home, you have not made it.

There was really too much Brandi. Did I see what I thought I saw in the previews and she throws a glass of something in Eileen's face next week, or was that the editing monkey's  playing mind games again?

At any rate, I came away more convinced than ever that Brandi needs to go. She so doesn't fit in here. I am not a prude but, honestly who talks about eating P (I hate that word unless it pertains to my pets) and cannot construct a single sentence without the use of the F word?  I also notice that Brandi looks so much worse than she did in the beginning. I remember once thinking she was quite pretty. Now her fact is misshapen, she is living proof that you can really be too thin ,she dresses like a slut (appropriate in her case of course) and lordy, lordy that hair. The extensions are god awful and what's with her roots?  

Brandi looks and acts like trash. Brandi is trash. She needs to be off this show.

I too am sick of Yolanda whining about being slighted. I cannot imagine being friends with that woman. All she would do is lecture you.

She is a pretentious bitch. I don't like her one bit, but I can't say she doesn't fit on the show.

Still meh on Kyle. That seems  to be the best I can do with her. Lisa V was rapidly losing me this year, but I gained back some respect last night because of her oh so classy smack down on Brandi. Although I wish she had just admitted tht she showed up because she was contractually obligated to do so. Come on BRAVO, show is some respect. Even though we do watch this show. Still, we know the score.

I am still really liking Lisa R. I like her honesty about how much she hustles to stay relevent. I also like the way she treats other people, at least so far. Still good with Eileen too, although for some reason I keep expecting that to change. Maybe just experience with so many other Howives that I once liked and now detest ( Laurie and Heather from OC, Kandi and Cynthia  from Atlanta, Caroline from N.J., etc.).

Oh did I mention Brandi needs to go?      

• Love 10

panthergirl13--Your Amalfi coast anecdote is the kind of thing that makes me happy to be alive.  These things do happen sometimes -- not often! -- and when they do, it's so wonderful.  

I'm off to see the latest episode right now.  I missed it on purpose last night and did something else.  My top NY's resolution -- begin to wean myself from the HWs addiction.  Reading the comments here is so much more fun.

• Love 4

I really didn't like the way that Brandis mother excused her behavior . Something to the effect of ...oh she gets mad then is over it in two minutes. Well don't be surprised if people stay mad at her. There are consequences to acting like an ass. Brandi's only contribution to this show is shock value. That might have worked for season one but it's not enough to sustain her over multiple seasons. Brandi just seems to be a person who sucks at life.

• Love 8

I have been to one housewarming party for a rental. My husband's aunt found out she had breast cancer and decided to divorce her husband of 40 years.

She moved out of their large beautiful home and moved into a fantastic apartment with high ceilings (had to have those).

She threw a great housewarming party. I actually think it was a I'm rid of my grumpy husband party :).

5 years later still in great apartment and cancer free.

As for ridiculous Brandi, she will be in another rental next year, so the "I've made it" is beyond stupid.

• Love 17

That was a weird little conversation in Kyle's closet, with Portia asking who was better, Lisa Rinna or Lisa V.  I wasn't sure what to make of it if - was it scripted or did Portia really come up with that on her own?

It seemed like something a little girl would ask to me, without being prompted by mom.  Especially how Portia answered her own question in that tone of voice like "maybe, maybe not."  But, then again, I always find Portia adorable so what do I know.

• Love 7

I really didn't like the way that Brandis mother excused her behavior . Something to the effect of ...oh she gets mad then is over it in two minutes. Well don't be surprised if people stay mad at her. There are consequences to acting like an ass. Brandi's only contribution to this show is shock value. That might have worked for season one but it's not enough to sustain her over multiple seasons. Brandi just seems to be a person who sucks at life.

Yeah, I noticed that Brandi's mom was trying to down play Brandi's behavior.

I have a feeling she has done that a lot over the years.

• Love 7