Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Breaking Branches

• Start Topic

I always loved her on DOOL, so I never viewed her as a bad actress. I do think that being popular on a soap hurt her, because for some reason few soap stars make it outside the soap world. Not saying it isn't possible because obviously, there are a lot of soap stars who have managed to become successful, but they aren't the norm. There are a lot of talented soap actors who leave, only to return because they couldn't find work.

I too am digging Lisa R. and find her refreshing, but what she said was pretty snark worthy.  She isn't that well known.

I know that a lot of people see her as fakey nice, but to me she just comes off as a very positive person, and at times, it can seem like a bit much. I see a woman who is down to earth and self aware.

She has genuine warmth.  There is something about her that rings true through the camera.  You can fake only so much -- Something real about her which is probably why she's survived.  And I like that she talks about her desire for it openly.  Her addiction to her look tells me she's still trying to make it as her brand into the next decades.  I'm with you in liking her and pulling for her.  Her sucking up to Eileen in a way that we all see I would bet is a case of two sided mirror acting. 

• Love 9

At this point she's written two books about herself, right, and not revealed any huge childhood trauma to garner our sympathy?

I'm guessing the answer is "because she wants to be."

I'm guessing the answer is "because she has a mental disorder". 

Somethin' ain't right in Glanville.

• Love 8

Actually Lisa Rinna had some acting talent on display when she was Billie back in 1992 through 1995 on DOOL.  She got to play some heavy stuff mixed with some lighter moments and she was a pro at both.  Plus, if you watched Melrose Place back during her two season stint.. she was basically playing two different characters in one.  Her Melrose character Taylor started out as a cold, east Coast rich girl the first season she was on, and then she became an over the top cartoon character.. not resembling the character she started out playing.  She was quite good at both.

With that said, I enjoy her plus Eileen as well. 

I think if Yolanda actually had interesting things going on in her life, her scenes would be featured more.  Lisa V, Kim, Kyle, Lisa R, and Eileen had individual scenes/parties that were interesting and they didn't really didn't need a lot of housewives to attend in order for their scenes to make the cut during the first five episodes of the season.

I do think Lisa V not inviting the whole cast to her events was approved by production as a way to create conflict.  At least it felt less contrived not having every housewife there.

• Love 6

How does Adrienne manage to pull such a cute, seemingly wealthy, much younger boyfriend? The woman has the charisma of fence post, her face is a fright, and her style is for shit. I don't get it.

Have you seen the back of her head?

(I'll show myself out)

• Love 12

I think that there is something to Brandi being most upset with Lisa over Lisa's relationship with Schaena.  Brandi may not seem like the type to supress her emotions but I think she can when it suits her.  I thought all along that Scheana's presence at the event at SUR in season two was a set up and Lisa was in on it. What I don't believe is Brandi was unaware of the set up and Lisa's role in it, I think that she wanted to be on the show and was not going to rock the boat over Eddie's ex-mistress being a server at an event she attended, furthermore she recognized it for the opportunity it presented. 

Lisa and Brandi's friendship was not one for the ages so it was destined to end.  I think that between finding another rich patron in Yolanda, being tired of Lisa snarking at her expense, sensing that Lisa was distancing herself and hubris at her success at selling her victimhood even though she is the nastiest piece of work as ever was, Brandi put Lisa in her crosshairs.  I think that Brandi's upset with Lisa regarding Scheana is real, her blubbering at last season's reunion and demanding that Lisa tell who she would save in a fire is exhibit A of her strong feelings.  Yeah there were other factors at play, in addition to what I already mentioned, she was tired of being Lisa's sidekick, Scheana is no longer "just a server" she's a Bravolebrity just like Brandi, plus it can't be overlooked that Brandi's just a screwed up person who often screws up relationships and opportunities.

I am willing to bet that Brandi knew Eddie was cheating and suppressed that as well, after all when she and Eddie got together, Eddie was in a relationship with another woman.  Brandi makes Eddie seem like the cheatingest cheater who ever cheated, and yet she's also said she was unaware of his marital womanizing until the media reported on his affair with LeAnn.  The reason I'm bringing up Eddie's infidelity, other than it's always about Eddie ;-), is that I bet they are both similar situations in that Brandi knew that there was something not right from the beginning but she looked the other way because she wanted something from both Eddie and Lisa, and then when they both started disconnecting from her, all of the sudden Brandi "figures out" that they've done her wrong.  It may seem strange that she is so intense over something she just found out about,  but in fact there's been awareness much longer than when Brandi acknowledges that she officially found out about Eddie's cheating and Lisa's machinations.

For the record I don't think that there is anything wrong with Lisa having a relationship with Scheana but I do have an issue with her gaslighting Brandi and the audience.  Scheana is more to Lisa than "just an employee," there's nothing wrong with Lisa liking Scheana and Lisa has known Scheana longer that she's known Brandi, but even if Lisa does not cop to the machinations, she just needs to cop to knowing and liking Scheana and having no intention of distancing herself from Scheana, and may in fact continue to do things for Scheana like take her on shopping sprees, and if Brandi does not like it, that's her problem.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 10

I always loved her on DOOL, so I never viewed her as a bad actress. I do think that being popular on a soap hurt her, because for some reason few soap stars make it outside the soap world. Not saying it isn't possible because obviously, there are a lot of soap stars who have managed to become successful, but they aren't the norm. There are a lot of talented soap actors who leave, only to return because they couldn't find work.

I too am digging Lisa R. and find her refreshing, but what she said was pretty snark worthy.  She isn't that well known.

I know that a lot of people see her as fakey nice, but to me she just comes off as a very positive person, and at times, it can seem like a bit much. I see a woman who is down to earth and self aware.

I never watched Lisa R on the daytime soap, but wasn't she on Melrose Place? I don't remember on that,  but I thought I read somewhere that she was.  At any rate, I always had a pretty negative impresison of her until I saw her on Celebrity  Apprentice. I really liked her on that and I am liking her on this as well. Yes., the "I'm to famous" line was unfortunate and very, very snarkworthy but, overall, I think she comes off as pretty self aware, which I like.

As for Harry Hamlin's part on Mad Men, someone up thread said it was "brief". In comparison to Jon Hamm or others that's true, he came late to the show, but as far as I know, based on the way last season ended, he is still in the cast and relatively prominent. Granted there are only 7 more episodes to air (and now that Christmas is over. what I will look forward to until April) and they have already been filmed, but I hope he is prominent in at least a few more. I hate his character, but that is because he is doing such a great job playing it. 

I did forget to snark on Yolanda's single mother comment earlier, but others have done a great job. Yeah divorced from Mohamad, with custody of his children, I am sure you suffered terribly Yo. Probably had to get by without a private plane, poor thing. I work with a single mother who sleeps on the couch so her teenage daughter can have the one bedroom because a one bedroom apartment, in a not great area, is all she can afford. So, by the standards of plenty of hard working single mothers, even Brandi, with her D-lister ex, hasn't ever had it difficult either, so spare me the sympathy plays. 

• Love 7

Ken and Lisa are done with Brandi.  They really are.  They should just say so. At this point in the season, they are just toying with her, and she is stupid enough to fall for it.  I would like Lisa a lot more if she would just say,  "We are just going to be cordial. We are moving on as cordial acquaintances." (I don't think Ken is even going to be cordial!)  I think Lisa has the same disdainful feelings for the rest of the HWs too.  She is really just pretending to be friendly.

Adrienne and Kyle have said things just as bad about Ken and Lisa; Brandi is just dispensable in their world and to most of the HW viewing public, so she is much easier to cut out. The way Lisa went over to greet Adrienne at the White party this season was laughable.  I don't recall the two of them (Lisa and Adrienne) ever making up. 

Both Adrienne and Lisa said they made up months before filming began for this season. They were never "friends" to begin with but more like "friendly neighbors" and have returned to being "friendly".

Yolanda's all about business.  I think she's pissed that she got sick and wasn't able to capitalize on her moment and that Lisa stole it with her crappy restaurant show and her various grade D blog off shoots.  Ken is Ken and who knows what goes on there but I do think that Ken is still crazy about Lisa and that Yolanda probably wanted that kind of devotion for herself.  I know I did and can often feel a bit bitter about it myself.  I don't blame for being bitter -- well, yes, I guess, I do -- but I've grown to hate her too cool for skool but still whoring herself out schtick. 

Lisa already had the deal for VR show before Yolanda joined the RHBH show. Yolanda is pissed because she really believed she would become THE fan favorite her first season. She gets more bitter each season she fails to achieve that! JMO

• Love 3

I am rewatching right now, and Kyle just drives me bonkers.

She is the person that said they all had problems with Lisa, which implied that Lisa was the entire problem.  However, just a few seasons ago, these same people had a huge problem with Kyle.  So, she can shut up. Maybe, just maybe, the problem is Brandi, Kim, and Yolanda.

She had her sit down with Lisa, where they agreed to move forward and avoid talking about each negatively.  While, technically, Kyle didn't say anything negative, she certainly implied that the problem was all Lisa. She also, as usual, neglected to defend Lisa.  Even if she didn't defend her, she certainly got the ball rolling and knows that Brandi's "all about Scheana" version was a load of horse manure. But, the truth would have made their problems seem pretty damn petty in the retelling.

I keep wanting to like Kyle, but she always seems to do or say something that keeps me sitting on the fence with her.

• Love 5

I think that there is something to Brandi being most upset with Lisa over Lisa's relationship with Schaena.  Brandi may not seem like the type to supress her emotions but I think she can when it suits her.  I thought all along that Scheana's presence at the event at SUR in season two was a set up that Lisa was in on it. What I don't believe is Brandi was unaware of the set up and Lisa's role in it, I think that she wanted to be on the show and was not going to rock the boat over Eddie's ex-mistress being a server at an event she attended, furthermore she recognized it for the opportunity it presented. 

Lisa and Brandi's friendship was not one for the ages so it was destined to end.  I think that between finding another rich patron in Yolanda, being tired of Lisa snarking at her expense, sensing that Lisa was distancing herself and hubris at her success at selling her victimhood even though she is the nastiest piece of work as ever was, Brandi put Lisa in her crosshairs.  I think that Brandi's upset with Lisa regarding Scheana is real, her blubbering at last season's reunion and demanding that Lisa tell who she would save in a fire is exhibit A of her strong feelings.  Yeah there were other factors at play, in addition to what I already mentioned, she was tired of being Lisa's sidekick, Scheana is no longer "just a server" she's a Bravolebrity just like Brandi, plus it can't be overlooked that Brandi's just a screwed up person who often screws up relationships and opportunities.

I am willing to bet that Brandi knew Eddie was cheating and suppressed that as well, after all when she and Eddie got together, Eddie was in a serious relationship with another woman.  Brandi makes Eddie seem like the cheatingest cheater who ever cheated, and yet she's also said she was unaware of his womanizing until the media reported on his affair with LeAnn.  The reason I'm bringing up Eddie's infidelity, other than it's always about Eddie ;-), is that I bet they are both similar situations in that Brandi knew that there was something not right from the beginning but she looked the other way because she wanted something from both Eddie and Lisa, and then when they both started disconnecting from her, all of the sudden Brandi "figures out" that they've done her wrong.  It may seem strange that she is so intense over something she just found out about,  but in fact there's been awareness much longer than when Brandi acknowledges that she officially found out about Eddie's cheating and Lisa's machinations.

For the record I don't think that there is anything wrong with Lisa having a relationship with Scheana but I do have an issue with her gaslighting Brandi and the audience.  Scheana is more to Lisa than "just an employee," there's nothing wrong with Lisa liking Scheana   and Lisa has known Scheana longer that she's known Brandi, but even if Lisa does not cop to the machinations, she just needs to cop to knowing and liking Scheana and having no intention of distancing herself from Scheana, and may in fact continue to do things for Scheana like take her on shopping sprees, and if Brandi does not like it, that's her problem.

Lisa has said that she Likes Scheana and will not distance herself from her just to please Brandi,  she has told Brandi this several times, which has only pissed Brandi off more.

• Love 6

Lisa has said that she Likes Scheana and will not distance herself from her just to please Brandi,  she has told Brandi this several times, which has only pissed Brandi off more.

What I have seen Lisa do is dodge and deflect and emphasize her employer / employee relationship with Scheana in an attempt to make it seem like Brandi perception of them being close is a misperception.  Now of course Brandi did herself no favors in the last episode when she referred to Scheana and Lisa as BFFs.  Lisa has said, with exasperation at times, things to the effect that Scheana works for her and that if they were friends that Scheana would be sitting out front getting served not in the back washing dishes.  When it's been pointed out that Lisa has done non-employer things with Scheana like taking her shopping and allowing Villa Rosa to be the backdrop for Scheana being proposed to, she has made it seem like those things were driven by production and she has no control over those things.  This was a discussion at the last reunion, and Andy and Yolanda countered that if Lisa did not want to film things like shopping trips with Scheana, Lisa could assert herself and it would not happen.

• Love 5

Oh you guys have Yolanda pegged, she is just oozing with resentment at Lisa. Deep down she really hates her but tries to keep it in check, but can't. I find that delicious. Her prescience on the show tells me that you can have all the money in the world, live in a gorgeous Oceanside home but still be jealous and bitter.

Here's my take on Brandi. If Brandi were indeed a truth canon she would admit that Lisa distanced herself after tampongate. Lisa and most of the world found that to be disgraceful and clearly a sign that her drinking is out of control. Brandi won't or can't admit that ,so she plays the victim card. I'm beginning to think her whole persona is just a cover up for her drinking. She says she is care free and doesn't care what people think. I beg to differ. That girl has serious problems and very much cares what people think.

Lastly Lisa R. I Feel very conflicted about her. I loved her until the " I am too fabulous to live with chub chubs "debacle. Damn you Bravo for showing that because ,just on principle I can't like her now, even though I want to.

• Love 9

What I have seen Lisa do is dodge and deflect and emphasize her employer / employee relationship with Scheana in an attempt to make it seem like Brandi perception of them being close is a misperception.  Now of course Brandi did herself no favors in the last episode when she referred to Scheana and Lisa as BFFs.  Lisa has said, with exasperation at times, things to the effect that Scheana works for her and that if they were friends that Scheana would be sitting out front getting served not in the back washing dishes.  When it's been pointed out that Lisa has done non-employer things with Scheana like taking her shopping and allowing Villa Rosa to be the backdrop for Scheana being proposed to, she has made it seem like those things were driven by production and she has no control over those things.  This was a discussion at the last reunion, and Andy and Yolanda countered that if Lisa did not want to film things like shopping trips with Scheana, Lisa could assert herself and it would not happen.

Well, not exactly.  She has said that Scheana and Pandora are good friends.  

I see this whole thing as a tempest in a teapot.  Had Scheana had an affair with Eddie after Lisa was good friends with Brandi, then I think Brandi would have a grievance. However, the affair happened long before Lisa even knew Brandi.  The only thing she knew about Sheana is that she was good friends with Pandora and it does seem as though she has always liked her.  

Right or wrong, I think Lisa views Scheana as naive when it came to Eddie. (Personally, I see Scheana as an opportunist, but Lisa seems to be pretty stupid when it comes to reading people, particularly those she perceives as a victim.) Now, if Lisa suddenly became friends with Eddie, I could see the problem.  But, no, I'm not buying Brandi's victim act.

• Love 15

I am rewatching right now, and Kyle just drives me bonkers.

She is the person that said they all had problems with Lisa, which implied that Lisa was the entire problem.  However, just a few seasons ago, these same people had a huge problem with Kyle.  So, she can shut up. Maybe, just maybe, the problem is Brandi, Kim, and Yolanda.

She had her sit down with Lisa, where they agreed to move forward and avoid talking about each negatively.  While, technically, Kyle didn't say anything negative, she certainly implied that the problem was all Lisa. She also, as usual, neglected to defend Lisa.  Even if she didn't defend her, she certainly got the ball rolling and knows that Brandi's "all about Scheana" version was a load of horse manure. But, the truth would have made their problems seem pretty damn petty in the retelling.

I keep wanting to like Kyle, but she always seems to do or say something that keeps me sitting on the fence with her.

One they did all have problems with Lisa. I don't think Kyle implied the problem was ALL Lisa.   Obviously the new women heard and commented on Brandi's brash offer to Lisa because Lisa told them.  Both Lisa R and Eileen have seen part of it play out between Yolanda and Lisa and twice with Brandi and Lisa, so to pretend it doesn't exist would be foolish.  Kyle used the past tense.   Lisa on the other hand continues disparage her friends in her talking heads and her comments to Ken which she knows by know is a part of the show.  We all know what happens if Kim's problems with someone isn't given consideration-just re-watch Season 3 and Lisa's renewal ceremony.

I don't what could be anything further from petty than disparaging a man's business reputation which Lisa and Ken did for two seasons to Mauricio.  It certainly has been a reoccurring theme with Lisa over dingbat Brandi's bankruptcy allegations, when it happens to her it is a whole different kettle of fish. And Brandi's allegations did not even happen on the show.  Lisa brought them up at the Reunion-not Brandi.

These women are all on show and anyone who wants has seen the drama play out.   Eileen and Lisa R know what has happened in past season but they are trying to keep the story moving along. A lot of it is fourth wall issues.

Lisa right now is in a pretty good place with everyone but Brandi and I think she prefers to keep Brandi at arm's length than to try and rebuild a friendship that was based on mutual opportunism.

• Love 6

Lastly Lisa R. I Feel very conflicted about her. I loved her until the " I am too fabulous to live with chub chubs "debacle. Damn you Bravo for showing that because ,just on principle I can't like her now, even though I want to.

Aw, I saw that statement as a bit self deprecating.  Had I not seen Lisa R. making fun of herself in every ep, I might think differently. But, the woman seems to understand she's a failed actress on a reality show, reduced to adult diaper endorsements.

• Love 3

Can't believe her daughter doesn't know how to do laundry, though.  That doesn't jive with the "I want to keep them grounded" schtick.

While far, far away from Kyle Richards-level money, Rosebud Junior didn't know how to do laundry until she went to school, either.  I've always had a housekeeper who did everyone's laundry as part of her duties.  I had a very demanding job that had me working 50-60 hours a week with travel.  Plus, I hate housework.  So there's that.  I mean, I do know how to do laundry, I just don't like to.

My daughter learned when she went to school, although I did spend some time offering up laundry tips before she went off.

We took her to school, which meant a flight halfway across the country and then a 3 hour drive.  After getting her settled and spending the weekend, we went home.  I cried the entire drive back to the airport.  It really is a big deal when the kid goes off to school and away from home.  At least it was for me.  And I'm not a helicopter parent in any way.

• Love 5

All of the cast of Vanderpump Rules is in a good place with Lisa or they would not appear on the show.  I only wish Lisa would be a little kinder towards Scheana as Scheana is awfully good to her.  It is none of Brandi's business if Lisa wants to be friends with Scheana or even LeAnn Rimes.  Lisa is friends with both Yolanda and Mohamed and Mohamed cheated on Yolanda.  Lisa is friends with Joanna Krupa and Yolanda and  Brandi claim Joanna broke up Mohamed and Yolanda's marriage.  Brandi needs to be a big girl, in the town they live many people are friends with exes, mistresses and former lovers.  Perhaps if Brandi can't deal with it is time for her to move back to Salinas or Sacramento. 

• Love 5

One they did all have problems with Lisa. I don't think Kyle implied the problem was ALL Lisa.   Obviously the new women heard and commented on Brandi's brash offer to Lisa because Lisa told them.  Both Lisa R and Eileen have seen part of it play out between Yolanda and Lisa and twice with Brandi and Lisa, so to pretend it doesn't exist would be foolish.  Kyle used the past tense.   Lisa on the other hand continues disparage her friends in her talking heads and her comments to Ken which she knows by know is a part of the show.  We all know what happens if Kim's problems with someone isn't given consideration-just re-watch Season 3 and Lisa's renewal ceremony.

I don't what could be anything further from petty than disparaging a man's business reputation which Lisa and Ken did for two seasons to Mauricio.  It certainly has been a reoccurring theme with Lisa over dingbat Brandi's bankruptcy allegations, when it happens to her it is a whole different kettle of fish. And Brandi's allegations did not even happen on the show.  Lisa brought them up at the Reunion-not Brandi.

These women are all on show and anyone who wants has seen the drama play out.   Eileen and Lisa R know what has happened in past season but they are trying to keep the story moving along. A lot of it is fourth wall issues.

Lisa right now is in a pretty good place with everyone but Brandi and I think she prefers to keep Brandi at arm's length than to try and rebuild a friendship that was based on mutual opportunism.

I haven't really seen Lisa single out Kyle in her talking heads.  I did see Kyle in a TH say that Lisa is a grudge holder.  I do think that Lisa is making up based upon opportunism, but aren't they doing the same? I mean, since season 2, Kyle has talked about how manipulative Lisa is, yet she wants to make up? Not just Kyle, but all of them. The only people making Lisa more relevant is the rest of the cast.

From what I remember, Lisa and Ken said that they felt that Kyle was nice to Adrienne because Mauricio wanted their listing. She also apologized for her remarks. From what I can tell, Lisa and Ken's comments did absolutely nothing to hurt his business.  In fact, he seems to be kicking ass, so her remarks were no more hurtful than the bankruptcy accusations lodged against Lisa. And, didn't Brandi say that her info came from Kyle? Kyle, who looked like a deer in headlights at the reunion.  So, no harm no foul.  

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 2
Also, I never fully bought into this idea of Lisa as puppetmaster until tonight when she explained why she went to Brandi's rental-warming.  Woman had a whole convoluted little plan there, maybe Brandi was right about her machinations after all.  The comments to Brandi's parents were a bit out of line too, imho, and not delivered as well as she normally does when she's insulting someone.

I think she was being very serious with those remarks, which reinforces to me that her usual, chuckling remarks really are meant as jokes, even when they sting. These definitely were not, although she relented and softened about the "I blame the parents" part. I do think she was very serious about telling Brandi she didn't "love" her. I believe she was very hurt and the fact she went to the party to stifle further "she needs to get over it" comments weren't machinations to me, but self-protection. Many of the things she said tonight were very jarring, but I think they speak to the fact that she was genuinely hurt by Brandi and she doesn't think she should have to pretend otherwise.

• Love 3

Wouldn't surprise me if Brandi tolerated Shaena's presence on the shows because she knew it could be used as ammunition later.  I think, in an effort to remain on the show, she pulled a Jill Zarin and went after Lisa.  Brandi was as successful as Jill was.  She has nothing else going on but this feud with Lisa.  No doubt she'll try to spark something with one of the newbies now that Lisa has squashed that story line.

• Love 5

Well, not exactly.  She has said that Scheana and Pandora are good friends.  

I see this whole thing as a tempest in a teapot.  Had Scheana had an affair with Eddie after Lisa was good friends with Brandi, then I think Brandi would have a grievance. However, the affair happened long before Lisa even knew Brandi.  The only thing she knew about Sheana is that she was good friends with Pandora and it does seem as though she has always liked her.  

Right or wrong, I think Lisa views Scheana as naive when it came to Eddie. (Personally, I see Scheana as an opportunist, but Lisa seems to be pretty stupid when it comes to reading people, particularly those she perceives as a victim.) Now, if Lisa suddenly became friends with Eddie, I could see the problem.  But, no, I'm not buying Brandi's victim act.

I'm not buying either Brandi or Lisa's innocent/victim act.

Lisa hid behind Pandora's skirts with Scheana and also hid behind Pandora's skirts with Stassi but when I've seen them on VR, admittedly I'm not a regular watcher, I have not seen a lot of intimacy between Pandora and these two favored employees/pets of Lisa-well in Stassi's case, former pet. I dunno maybe Pandora and Scheana are friends and have been for six or so years, what I've seen that backs that up are Lisa said it, a few scenes on VR most involving Lisa or a big cast event and a couple red carpet events. Plus in all the sturm und drang regarding Scheana at the last reunion, Lisa did not invoke Scheana's relationship with Pandora.

Again I'm fine with Lisa and Scheana's friendship, the only reason that I think that Brandi has a grievance is because Lisa will not be straight with her and own up to liking Scheana beyond being her employer and castmate, and telling Brandi that she has no intention of distancing herself from Scheana abd don't be shocked to see Lisa hanging out with Scheana and giving largesse.

I don't even think that Brandi has a grievance over Lisa being in on Scheana being a being a server at the season 2 SUR event, although I'm sure Brandi would beg to differ, but as ATL's NeNe would say, "the thirst is real," and thirsty Brandi was fine with Scheana happening to be a server at a filmed event back when she was trying to get her foot in the door.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

I laughed hard at YoFo's explanation of Bella's DUI. She made it sound as if Bella had one glass of wine and happened to be pulled over. Nope, not the truth at all. Bella blew through a stop sign, and almost hit a sheriff's car at 4 a.m. while driving on PCH. Stupid bitch!!

YoFo you are such a damn liar. No wonder you and Brandi get along so well. You both twist the truth so bad.

I like Lisa R. I enjoyed how she made it clear to Brandi that she was the original character on the soap show she was on. Brandi is so stupid. A quick Google check could have verified that info.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

I haven't really seen Lisa single out Kyle in her talking heads.  I did see Kyle in a TH say that Lisa is a grudge holder.  I do think that Lisa is making up based upon opportunism, but aren't they doing the same? I mean, since season 2, Kyle has talked about how manipulative Lisa is, yet she wants to make up? Not just Kyle, but all of them. The only people making Lisa more relevant is the rest of the cast.

From what I remember, Lisa and Ken said that they felt that Kyle was nice to Adrienne because Mauricio wanted their listing. She also apologized for her remarks. From what I can tell, Lisa and Ken's comments did absolutely nothing to hurt his business.  In fact, he seems to be kicking ass, so her remarks were no more hurtful than the bankruptcy accusations lodged against Lisa. And, didn't Brandi say that her info came from Kyle? Kyle, who looked like a deer in headlights at the reunion.  So, no harm no foul.  

No Lisa and Ken's allegations were horrible and on going.  Lisa went so far as to say that if Yolanda wanted a new friend she should list her house with Mauricio.  The only reason Ken and Lisa apologized is they looked like monsters and Kyle pointed out they were first clients of Mauricio and then friends with Kyle.  Maurcio's succeeded in spite of vicious small minded jealousy spiked comments from Ken and Lisa.  Again here is Lisa the grudge holder-she is mad at Adrienne so Mauricio should not list Adrienne's house?  brandi made up the BK allegation-Kyle said Ken had said they lived in the valley.  Brandi's initial comment was, "Ken and Lisa were near bankrupt and living deep in the valley."  Lisa brought it to light before that it was just in Brandi's social media stuff.

The only reason there is no harm no foul is Kyle and Mauricio graciously accepted Lisa's apology.  They moved on and again Lisa is barking on and on about her reputation.  What is it she was trying to do to Kyle and Mauricio?  Lisa the ultimate grudge holder.

Where Lisa loses me is in her blogs-she admits she is calculating, she plans every move and between describing them in her talking heads and writing about them.  Just because Lisa is calculating does not mean she is not likeable.  I like her, I just hoe she stands strong with her resolve to not befriend Brandi.  They did not say Scheana was Lisa BFF-Brandi said it.  It really isn't anyone's place to correct Brandi's mis-information because it is clearly an exaggeration.  However, Lisa did use the presence of Scheana as a reason not invite Yolanda, Kyle and Kim to PUMP's opening.  Lame excuse/

BTW Lisa is full of shit-after the season ended and before her PUMP opening she had in fact spent two days with Kyle and one day with Kim, Yolanda, Carlton (barf), filming the Lady Gaga video.  I guess they are close enough friends when it behooves Lisa and gets her a little press.   http://www.allabouttrh.com/lisa-vanderpump-talks-went-brandi-glanvilles-housewarming-party-classless-behavior/

• Love 5

I'm not buying either Brandi or Lisa's innocent/victim act.

Lisa hid behind Pandora's skirts with Scheana and also hid behind Pandora's skirts with Stassi but when I've seen them on VR, admittedly I'm not a regular watcher, I have not seen a lot of intimacy between Pandora and these two favored employees/pets of Lisa-well in Stassi's case, former pet. I dunno maybe Pandora and Scheana are friends and have been for six or so years, what I've seen that backs that up are Lisa said it, a few scenes on VR most involving Lisa or a big cast event and a couple red carpet events. Plus in all the sturm und drang regarding Scheana at the last reunion, Lisa did not invoke Scheana's relationship with Pandora.

Again I'm fine with Lisa and Scheana's friendship, the only reason that I think that Brandi has a grievance is because Lisa will not be straight with her and own up to liking Scheana beyond being her employer and castmate, and telling Brandi that she has no intention of distancing herself from Scheana abd don't be shocked to see Lisa hanging out with Scheana and giving largesse.

I don't even think that Brandi has a grievance over Lisa being in on Scheana being a being a server at the season 2 SUR event, although I'm sure Brandi would beg to differ, but as ATL's NeNe would say, "the thirst is real," and thirsty Brandi was fine with Scheana happening to be a server at a filmed event back when she was trying to get her foot in the door.

I'm going to agree and disagree.  I do believe that Brandi felt like as a friend, Lisa should have cut off Scheana.  But, I don't believe it was that big of a deal and Brandi is really not all that hurt by it. To me, it seems as though Brandi has latched onto this one thing and is using it as a stick to beat Lisa with, because it makes her look like the victim.

People talk about Lisa playing the victim, but she has nothing on Brandi.

The only reason there is no harm no foul is Kyle and Mauricio graciously accepted Lisa's apology.  They moved on and again Lisa is barking on and on about her reputation.  What is it she was trying to do to Kyle and Mauricio?  Lisa the ultimate grudge holder.

Which is why they can't win.  Apologize and it's insincere. Don't apologize and it's because they can't admit fault. The reputation remarks went on during season 3. I haven't seen her talk about it since.  

Did Brandi or Kyle apologize for their remarks?  

• Love 6

Aw, I saw that statement as a bit self deprecating. Had I not seen Lisa R. making fun of herself in every ep, I might think differently. But, the woman seems to understand she's a failed actress on a reality show, reduced to adult diaper endorsements.

That makes sense. And I agree with others - what I meant was it was just a bizarro statement. Sure, say you were typecast bc of soaps, it is harder to compete with younger actresses, etc but I guess that doesn't make a good sound bite. Self deprecating is a good way to view it though, since I originally interpreted it as women telling themselves they're "too pretty" and that's why they can't date/have girl friends etc - a bizarro, delusional excuse bc they don't want to acknowledge any of their own flaws

• Love 1

That makes sense. And I agree with others - what I meant was it was just a bizarro statement. Sure, say you were typecast bc of soaps, it is harder to compete with younger actresses, etc but I guess that doesn't make a good sound bite. Self deprecating is a good way to view it though, since I originally interpreted it as women telling themselves they're "too pretty" and that's why they can't date/have girl friends etc - a bizarro, delusional excuse bc they don't want to acknowledge any of their own flaws

I agree. I'm just willing to give her the benefit of the doubt because I haven't seen anything that implies she is full of herself. So far, she seems to be able to make fun of herself. When she says anything, I feel like there is always a wink and a smile. A very big lipped smile.

I will probably regret it saying these things, because I thought Brandi was great her first season. Lisa, girl, don't let me down.

• Love 2

I'm starting to believe I was somehow deprived of the experience of watching my mother have a blubbering, irrational nervous breakdown before sending me off to school.

My mom didn't cry in front of me but my dad told me she cried the entire ride home (5 hours). She also cried after she left my brother down in Florida. She claims she cried all the way through Georgia on the way back to NY. Haha. 

• Love 1

Aw, I saw that statement as a bit self deprecating.  Had I not seen Lisa R. making fun of herself in every ep, I might think differently. But, the woman seems to understand she's a failed actress on a reality show, reduced to adult diaper endorsements.

Ok catmamma I'm hitching my wagon to your star and I'm going to give myself permission and like Lisa R again. But, like you, I thought Brandi was a breathe of fresh air .

• Love 2

Re: Lisa and her "strategic" invitations/acceptances - whatever happened to the idea one can invite whom one pleases and attend what one pleases? Absent, of course, any production demands. Really, who wants to be hanging around people with whom one is on the "outs," and why should anyone have to apologize for their decisions one way or another?

Edited by renatae
  • Love 6

Yolanda pipes up about how her bestie has ALS. Of course she does, Yolanda. Of course you have someone you're close to that has the disease everyone is talking about. And she knows what it's like to struggle as a single mother, the hardest thing any woman can live through, because no one has ever suffered through so much like Yolanda has. She needs to come down from that cross and get over herself.

To be fair, her friend with ALS was part of her storyline her first season. She used to post a lot of pictures of the two of them on instagram.

IIRC , lisa was confused by the scheana/ brandi situation last season in large part due to the fact that brandi had spent plenty of time at sur with lisa without cameras and scheana was a non issue. Suddenly they are being filmed and brandi hates lisa for allowing scheana to work . Lisa said as much last season but it got swept under the rug by brandi in an attempt to discredit lisa.

• Love 11

Brandi has claimed that Lisa's relationship with Scheanna has always been more than employer/employee which Lisa has always denied. Lisa has not been seen lunching, having dinner, shopping,  well anything not related with VR show with Scheanna, it has all been done in conjunction with VR. We all know how Andy will do/say what ever it takes to pretend there is no 4th wall and Yolanda will do/say whatever to crawl up his, Andy's, butt for her own show. LOL

Brandi's claim of Lisa/Ken filing BK was not what threatened their business, it was Brandi's claim that Lisa kept the bars open far past legal closing time which could get Lisa/Ken/partners liquor license revoked! I think the bars in that area have to be closed down completely by 2 or 3 am and Brandi said PUBLICLY, that Lisa routinely served drinks to her friends after hours at SUR and VB!  That would equate to someone saying that Mauricio failed to tell them about an offer made on their home because he was trying to get a better buy/deal for a friend, he could loose his Brokers/RE license, not just a few customers.

• Love 6
That scene with Portia had Kyle's sneaky machinations written all over it. In true Kyle form, she employs her friends and kin to make disparaging remarks on her account so she can keep her hands clean.

Eh...I kind of thought the "which Lisa is better?" thing sounded legit enough, and like one of the more typical-for-her-age things that Portia has said lately.

I'm giving Yolanda a little bit of a pass only because I think the editors used her same interview twice, the one where she was talking about inviting friends to life events was first played after the star, if I remember correctly, and was reused tonight.

I'm not; she says this shit outside of the interviews too, at different events.

You know, the chub chubs comments reslly got to me. Weight discrimination should be protected. I don't wish gaining weight on anyone but people who are inherently thin or who have never experience weight issues should have to go through at least once.

I don't disagree with the first sentence or anything but the rest is coming off as very hypocritical. Weight discrimination does not apply only to the heavier among us. Why on earth should the "inherently thin" have to experience anything other than what they experience? At the risk of having the dreaded "thin privilege" label attached to me, I can tell you from experience that the skinny bodies get their share of horrifying remarks too (I can't even count the number of times the cliched "eat a sandwich" appeared on TWOP) and often to our faces. I don't care who weighs what, but if making remarks about one body type is wrong, then the same goes for others.

Also, I don't find it weird for someone to throw a party after moving, whether it's a rental or not. Moving blows, and setting up a nice new place--even if it's just a bigger and better apartment--seems like a perfectly valid reason to host a party, especially if you didn't have the space to do so before. I don't know; I just don't see what's so crazy about it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

Ken and Lisa are done with Brandi.  They really are.  They should just say so. At this point in the season, they are just toying with her, and she is stupid enough to fall for it.  I would like Lisa a lot more if she would just say,  "We are just going to be cordial. We are moving on as cordial acquaintances." (I don't think Ken is even going to be cordial!)  I think Lisa has the same disdainful feelings for the rest of the HWs too.  She is really just pretending to be friendly.

Adrienne and Kyle have said things just as bad about Ken and Lisa; Brandi is just dispensable in their world and to most of the HW viewing public, so she is much easier to cut out. The way Lisa went over to greet Adrienne at the White party this season was laughable.  I don't recall the two of them (Lisa and Adrienne) ever making up. 

It seems to me Lisa (and especially Ken) has said that she's done with Brandi six ways from Sunday. However, the realities of the show are that she will have to come into contact with Brandi from time to time. Brandi is basically chasing Lisa and Ken around at this point.

I don't remember Lisa and Adrienne ever making up, either. Maybe they did and we don't know it, and maybe enough time has passed that it's no biggie at the moment. I think Lisa did feel very close to Brandi, so this hurts her more, whereas it seemed the relationship between Lisa and Adrienne had been on a slow decline for quite a while before the ultimate showdown.

• Love 3

Brandi is not a truth cannon, but a filth cannon.   There's no one on any franchise even close to her level of filth.  That's saying a lot because there's the felon from RHONJ, the evil Joyce from RHOA, and formerly the mess that is Slade from RHOC.

Honestly, the way everyone did the gang up on Lisa V last season, I wouldn't have invited them anywhere.  

And for the Miss Manner of the Lemon Grove - it's bad form to bitch to someone why didn't you invite me?  Proper manners would be to congratulate the person who got the honor, not bitch and moan about not being included.  I swear Yolanda is in angst or bitching about something every freaking episode.  Maybe her real angst is that her King really pays her little attention?

Really loving Eileen as she is acting like an intelligent adult woman so far.  Lisa R isn't bad.  A little of her goes a long way.  The constant hyper would drive me nuts after a while in real life.

• Love 3

Brandi has claimed that Lisa's relationship with Scheanna has always been more than employer/employee which Lisa has always denied. Lisa has not been seen lunching, having dinner, shopping,  well anything not related with VR show with Scheanna, it has all been done in conjunction with VR. We all know how Andy will do/say what ever it takes to pretend there is no 4th wall and Yolanda will do/say whatever to crawl up his, Andy's, butt for her own show. LOL

Brandi's claim of Lisa/Ken filing BK was not what threatened their business, it was Brandi's claim that Lisa kept the bars open far past legal closing time which could get Lisa/Ken/partners liquor license revoked! I think the bars in that area have to be closed down completely by 2 or 3 am and Brandi said PUBLICLY, that Lisa routinely served drinks to her friends after hours at SUR and VB!  That would equate to someone saying that Mauricio failed to tell them about an offer made on their home because he was trying to get a better buy/deal for a friend, he could loose his Brokers/RE license, not just a few customers.

Sorry but Lisa keeps bringing up bankruptcy.  It is not enough to claim one was served after hours the authorities walk in and make a case.  I never believed Brandi's claim and even the minute brains at SUR know not to serve after hours.  Again either of these situations require proof of which Brandi is not a reliable source.  I think a better example would be if Brandi or someone claimed Lisa and Ken relationships in the gay community were only to promote their restaurants PUMP and SUR.  I think Lisa and Ken would devastated at such an assertion.

I'm going to agree and disagree.  I do believe that Brandi felt like as a friend, Lisa should have cut off Scheana.  But, I don't believe it was that big of a deal and Brandi is really not all that hurt by it. To me, it seems as though Brandi has latched onto this one thing and is using it as a stick to beat Lisa with, because it makes her look like the victim.

People talk about Lisa playing the victim, but she has nothing on Brandi.

Which is why they can't win.  Apologize and it's insincere. Don't apologize and it's because they can't admit fault. The reputation remarks went on during season 3. I haven't seen her talk about it since.  

Did Brandi or Kyle apologize for their remarks?  

I am at a loss for what remark Kyle should be apologizing for.  When asked directly at the Reunion if Lisa wanted anything for Kyle she said, "nothing."  So obviously Lisa doesn't feel Kyle's remarks were untrue.  Being calculating is not necessarily a bad thing and Lisa if she objects to be called that should not set forth in detail why she attends certain events or why she doesn't invite others-that is calculating.  Just as strategizing isn't a bad thing -it is all part of a bigger business plan.  The manipulation claim is always there because to be on top Lisa has to manipulate things to some degree to be the most favorite HW on Bravo.  I just think Lisa is better at manipulating, strategizing and calculating than say -Yolanda.

• Love 4

In Brandi's commentary on Adrienne ("I'm proud not only of myself but of her as well"), has she ever specified what Adrienne supposedly did that it warrants Brandi's forgiveness? 'Cause I cannot recall anything that Adrienne really ever did to antagonize Brandi specifically.

The only thing that comes to mind is when Adrienne implied that Brandi wasn't a responsible mother bc she slept in every day until 3 pm presumably bc she's regularly up late drinking the from the night before and Brandi went crazy when she said it. At the time I remember thinking that it sounded like that's how Brandi rolls -- still do.

• Love 4

Sorry but Lisa keeps bringing up bankruptcy.  It is not enough to claim one was served after hours the authorities walk in and make a case.  I never believed Brandi's claim and even the minute brains at SUR know not to serve after hours.  Again either of these situations require proof of which Brandi is not a reliable source.  I think a better example would be if Brandi or someone claimed Lisa and Ken relationships in the gay community were only to promote their restaurants PUMP and SUR.  I think Lisa and Ken would devastated at such an assertion.

I am at a loss for what remark Kyle should be apologizing for.  When asked directly at the Reunion if Lisa wanted anything for Kyle she said, "nothing."  So obviously Lisa doesn't feel Kyle's remarks were untrue.  Being calculating is not necessarily a bad thing and Lisa if she objects to be called that should not set forth in detail why she attends certain events or why she doesn't invite others-that is calculating.  Just as strategizing isn't a bad thing -it is all part of a bigger business plan.  The manipulation claim is always there because to be on top Lisa has to manipulate things to some degree to be the most favorite HW on Bravo.  I just think Lisa is better at manipulating, strategizing and calculating than say -Yolanda.

Brandi made that claim at the reunion, in the press and on her pod cast several times and Yes, it could cause Lisa/Ken/partners more issues when VB is already under the legal scrutiny and Brandi is well aware of that fact.  I have to wonder if it did bring some unwanted attention toward VB/SUR during the employee's lawsuit.

• Love 2

Eileen is a really good actress and I'm loving her TH.

I don't really consider LR an actress anymore.

Completely agree with both. I enjoyed LR back in the day on Days (though I was much more a Carly/Bo girl than Bo/Billie but that's a whole different discussion!), but haven't seen her on much since.

Eileen is making this show worth watching for me. She's funny and I love her TH's. I like LR's honesty too. She has to hustle for whatever she can get. That's the way it is.

This episode was waaaaay too much Brandi. She is insufferable. She really needed to be wearing something that covered her girls up. Good lawd.

As a new viewer, I'm as confused as Eileen and Lisa R over this Brandi/Lisa V feud. I was gathering from here (and from asking my sister) that it was something about tabloids etc. Now Brandi says it has something to do with her ex's mistress? What the what the?!?

I'm enjoying most of this show overall but Brandi is simply awful. I sure wish she wasn't on here.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 3

Lisa must really not have done anything so terribly to Brandi because Brandi's own parents were nice to Lisa & were even apologetic & making excuses for their 43 yr old daughters behavior. That speaks volumes. I know if you did me so wrongly, my parents would not do that. Then Brandi practically begs Lisa to come meet with her for lunch, offers an olive branch (awkward). Then moments later, she resumes to talking about her behind her back to the new girls. Yes, Eileen asked & played dumb like she didn't know about the show but if Brandi was truly trying to work on things she would have said "we have issues we are working on". Not that Lisa is BFF's with Scheana & that everyone's had issues with Lisa. That's implying the problem is Lisa. BTW, no one believes Lisa is BFF's with Scheana. Another lie from Brandi.

I don't get Brandi, she's mad that Lisa asked her to film with Scheana. If I were Brandi, I would never be ok with Scheana either but she could have said no. Truth be told, her talking to or about Scheana gave Brandi her storyline. She only had a problem a year later. Is it that she was jealous of Lisa's show or jealous that Scheana was on it & not as hated as she wanted her to be? Hmmm. Lisa took Brandi in & gave her opportunities to be on her show, which then got her react on housewives, that led to her book deal & podcast. Brandi should be grateful, what was she doing before she met Lisa?

I'm sure Lisa has tons of crap on Brandi or stuff Brandi has said about the others, but even after all the things Brandi lied about her she has not repeated any of them. Class act.

• Love 5

Please tell me that Brandi doesn't throw wine at Eileen simply because she is explaining how she and her husband fell in love while they were both still married to other people. Oh-my-fricking-God, newsflash Brandi: sometimes relationships sour; and sometimes people meet their next partner before the previous, outdated relationship has fully expired. My best friend met her current husband when she was on the last legs of a disastrous relationship with another man (and, yes, her husband was also at the tail-end of a relationship with another woman). Meeting him was part of what prompted her to finally end it. They dumped their ex's and got married (and now have two kids). This phenomenon does not automatically make someone a homewrecker. Not everyone is like your sleazy ex, Eddie. If this is seriously what causes Brandi to throw wine at Eileen, I hope she is skewered by the public.

• Love 11
How does Adrienne manage to pull such a cute, seemingly wealthy, much younger boyfriend? The woman has the charisma of fence post, her face is a fright, and her style is for shit. I don't get it.

It's all about the Benjamins, honey.

• Love 3

We'll never know whether Lisa R was a good actress or not really and that's part and parcel of her story and born out by Harry.  Harry had a very good and brief turn on Mad Men and surprised--and reminded folks of what he did in the past -- not a bad actor at all and over 30 years ago a tv star and quick movie presence.  I think Lisa's story is that we will never know because she didn't make it beyond a certain point and that point was a very long time ago.  I get people not liking Rinna and will admit that I do.  I think she's been pretty effective, like her or not, in articulating what Hollywood might be like for people who are still hanging on by their fingernails and who had a fleeting shot decades ago.  I think it makes her a likable and efficient interviewer.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her replacing Kelly Ripa on morning shows. 

Just to say too that a lot of folks, too many really, were probably good actors who didn't get lucky.  We will never know and they have to live with the disappointment which doesn't mean they have to live in hell just that it didn't work out for them.  Surely some of can relate to that. I know women now who were actresses and models in ways that no one on earth would ever remember.  They were gorgeous and working in the 70s and 80s and that was it.  None of them are Lisa Rinna and I do think that Lisa would still be Lisa because no one remembers Harry either. 

I'm embarrassed to admit it, since I seem to be the only one here who witnessed it, but Lisa has been on some Lifetime movies. I'm pretty sure I've seen her elsewhere besides her turns as TV host and DWTS. I just can't remember where. IMDB gives her about 29 credits. She may not be great, but, as you said, she has been an actress, not just a host, etc.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

Please tell me that Brandi doesn't throw wine at Eileen simply because she is explaining how she and her husband fell in love while they were both still married to other people. Oh-my-fricking-God, newsflash Brandi: sometimes relationships sour; and sometimes people meet their next partner before the previous, outdated relationship has fully expired.

It looked like Brandi does throw wine at Eileen. What a dumbass.

I'm sure most of us would agree cheating isn't a great thing to do and would hope people would separate from spouse or significant other before moving on to someone else. Unfortunately, that is in a perfect world and most people aren't perfect.

I get that Brandi has issues after her rotten hubby, but she sure has no business judging anyone else's relationship especially since she doesn't even know Eileen and Vincent! Shoot they've been married for like 15 years so that whole 'homewrecker' charge is a bit dated.

Shut up Brandi, just shut up.

• Love 1

I think that there is something to Brandi being most upset with Lisa over Lisa's relationship with Schaena.  Brandi may not seem like the type to supress her emotions but I think she can when it suits her.  I thought all along that Scheana's presence at the event at SUR in season two was a set up and Lisa was in on it. What I don't believe is Brandi was unaware of the set up and Lisa's role in it, I think that she wanted to be on the show and was not going to rock the boat over Eddie's ex-mistress being a server at an event she attended, furthermore she recognized it for the opportunity it presented. 

I am willing to bet that Brandi knew Eddie was cheating and suppressed that as well, after all when she and Eddie got together, Eddie was in a relationship with another woman.  Brandi makes Eddie seem like the cheatingest cheater who ever cheated, and yet she's also said she was unaware of his marital womanizing until the media reported on his affair with LeAnn.  The reason I'm bringing up Eddie's infidelity, other than it's always about Eddie ;-), is that I bet they are both similar situations in that Brandi knew that there was something not right from the beginning but she looked the other way because she wanted something from both Eddie and Lisa, and then when they both started disconnecting from her, all of the sudden Brandi "figures out" that they've done her wrong.  It may seem strange that she is so intense over something she just found out about,  but in fact there's been awareness much longer than when Brandi acknowledges that she officially found out about Eddie's cheating and Lisa's machinations.

For the record I don't think that there is anything wrong with Lisa having a relationship with Scheana but I do have an issue with her gaslighting Brandi and the audience.  Scheana is more to Lisa than "just an employee," there's nothing wrong with Lisa liking Scheana and Lisa has known Scheana longer that she's known Brandi, but even if Lisa does not cop to the machinations, she just needs to cop to knowing and liking Scheana and having no intention of distancing herself from Scheana, and may in fact continue to do things for Scheana like take her on shopping sprees, and if Brandi does not like it, that's her problem.

Not the least of which is the silliness of Brandi's fixation on the 7th grade relationship rule, "You can't be her friend if you want to be my friend. Even if you were her friend first."

• Love 4

While far, far away from Kyle Richards-level money, Rosebud Junior didn't know how to do laundry until she went to school, either.  I've always had a housekeeper who did everyone's laundry as part of her duties.  I had a very demanding job that had me working 50-60 hours a week with travel.  Plus, I hate housework.  So there's that.  I mean, I do know how to do laundry, I just don't like to.

My daughter learned when she went to school, although I did spend some time offering up laundry tips before she went off.

We took her to school, which meant a flight halfway across the country and then a 3 hour drive.  After getting her settled and spending the weekend, we went home.  I cried the entire drive back to the airport.  It really is a big deal when the kid goes off to school and away from home.  At least it was for me.  And I'm not a helicopter parent in any way.

The same thing happened to me. I'm sure my son would be the first to say I was all about not hovering. I didn't spend weeks before he left blubbering around, but when it was time for him to go out that door, I did cry. And for weeks afterwards. I knew nothing would ever be the same again and it wasn't.

• Love 4

I'm guessing the answer is "because she has a mental disorder".

Somethin' ain't right in Glanville.

You win! This just has me tickled! I'm snorting and giggling!

The love affair between Kim and Brandi is going to die a quick and tragic death soon, right?

Edited by Jack Terrier
  • Love 2

Could Brandi be any more transparent in her pathetic attempts to stay relative on this show? You can see her practically grinning whenever she decides to drop something "outrageous" on the rest of the cast. It's her only calling card, besides having been once married to a c-list actor who no one knew before he ran of with Leann Rimes. And Brandi is looking more and more like a puppet who has been left near a fire to melt.

• Love 6

What is so hard about laundry? Read the tags, follow the directions. It's ridiculous how some people treat it like it's something huge.

I met a couple of girls in college who seriously did not know how to use a vacuum, mop, or broom and had never seen a dust pan before. I'm so glad they weren't my roommates.