Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Breaking Branches

• Start Topic

This is something else that feels odd.  Kyle acted innocent when Brandi said she received her info from Kyle, and yet, here they are, still good friends at the beginning of the season.  Why on earth would Kyle continue to befriend Brandi after accusing her of something she didn't do? Something stinks.

I think this is such a great point. Since my fantasy since S2 has always been to watch Kyle actually show Brandi up as the asshole she is, I was hoping Kyle would come at Brandi like crazy after that incident. But nope, it hasn't happened. My biggest issue with Kyle is that she always seems so afraid to really take on Brandi. Even in S3 when she knew Brandi was wrong about the Adrienne deal she was nice to Brandi. She called her out, but not as completely as she should have, especially at the reunion. Even after Brandi made the assertion that Kyle wanted Kim to fail in her sobriety, which was a horrendous thing to say, even if you believe it to be true. Kyle always seems constrained because of S2 and the backlash. I guess I will just have to comfort myself with the fact that apparently this deal between Kyle and Brandi will finally go down at some point this season.

• Love 6

I think this is such a great point. Since my fantasy since S2 has always been to watch Kyle actually show Brandi up as the asshole she is, I was hoping Kyle would come at Brandi like crazy after that incident. But nope, it hasn't happened. My biggest issue with Kyle is that she always seems so afraid to really take on Brandi. Even in S3 when she knew Brandi was wrong about the Adrienne deal she was nice to Brandi. She called her out, but not as completely as she should have, especially at the reunion. Even after Brandi made the assertion that Kyle wanted Kim to fail in her sobriety, which was a horrendous thing to say, even if you believe it to be true. Kyle always seems constrained because of S2 and the backlash. I guess I will just have to comfort myself with the fact that apparently this deal between Kyle and Brandi will finally go down at some point this season.

I hope, based upon Brandi's comments in the media, that Kyle has had enough.  One of the things that really bothered me about last season is Kyle's readiness to cozy up to Brandi, despite seeing how nasty she could be toward her cast members. Kyle has never struck me as nasty, just spineless. 

Girl. Grow a backbone when it comes to someone who isn't Lisa or Kim.

• Love 5

I think Kyle has been a little fearful of Brandi going after her and Kim's relationship.  Last thing Kyle needs to hear is how mean she is being to her sister's new BFF.  We all know Kim could not have a friend because she was child actor.  I do think Kyle stuck up for Adrienne in Las Vegas but IIRC when Camille and Kyle were defending Adrienne Yolanda decided the subject needed to be changed and Lisa was in a snit over Kyle not defending her over Camille claiming she was not the owner of SUR. 

I have always admired that Kyle has said things like, "I am trying to get to know her better."   Wise decision.  I think she also felt a little bad for Brandi at her fashion show, as it was the day the talk show host made a lot of comments about his date with Brandi  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/06/talk-show-host-says-its-whacked-brandi-glanville-didnt-reveal-she-had-std/ and then there was the tampon string incident.  Some times it is better to just sit back and let things happen organically.

• Love 2
I'm truly sorry you went through that. I do understand. One of the reasons I got kicked out of my school program was because a group of female students thought I was anorexic, which wouldn't fly in that program.

Well, thank you for saying so -- but, you know, there will always be rude dopes somewhere…or people who legitimately don't realize it's not really OK…or people who choose words really badly. And, of course, old guys who are probably just trying to be charming or sweet or something! All in all, people should probably shut up about the bodies of most other people, but I won't lie--someone gives a compliment (even if it's a little too…familiar), I just take it as such and go about my business (and thanks, lady at convenience store who loudly exclaimed, "Whoo, if I had your legs I'd wear a short skirt too!" Haha, I felt simultaneously flattered and "skirt-shamed" a little!).

Oh, and I will never get the people who just trot out the anorexia stuff! Come on now; even if that were the case, would one really just answer and/or confide in a nosy stranger about it? People are weird, man. I wonder if Brandi's ever gotten that kind of thing? I know nothing about her business in that regard, but to me she just looks naturally long and lanky--and perhaps even hated that about herself before she grew up (or, "grew up," in her case) and made it pay off.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

I don't remember anyone on the show calling Brandi "trash," so I am assuming that this refers to my post saying, "Brandi brings the trash level down to a RHONJ-level". I believe that my post was misconstrued. I was not referring to Brandi or anyone on RHONJ as trash. I don't have strong feelings about Brandi, and I don't even think negatively about Brandi as a whole. I judge her actions, but I don't believe that I am in any position to judge her worth as a human being. My point was that Brandi's, "What do you want me to do- eat your pussy?" was a trashy comment on par with table flipping, or well other trashy things that have happened on these shows/franchises. I do not refer to human beings as "trash" but I have referred to actions as being "trashy". To me a trashy action is one that is done without respect for anyone in the room- including yourself. If anyone was offended by my comment I apologize. My intent was to snark on Brandi's "pussy" comment and not anything or anyone else. I aim to be respectful to everyone reading this forum and go out of my way to avoid using charged language. Next time I will use the word "vulgarity" instead to avoid the negative connotations that have been associated with my words.

Anyways, back to the infamous "pussy" comment, (I hate even typing that word) I thought Lisa handled it like a pro. Lisa can be very skillful in regards to how she comes across in social situations. Mileage may vary, but I think Brandi making that comment did bring the BH subset down. For me, BH has always been the RH show that maintained an illusion of glamor.

I feel the opposite.  Her comment was low, but I think her boorish behavior has brought down the BH franchise.  She starts shit with people then she starts crying and playing the victim when they come for her without any recognition that she was the person that started it in the first place.  She behaves like a sixteen year-old which is not a good look when you are over 40.  Nothing changes with Brandi and its really tiresome to watch. 

I just think that a 110-pound chick can feel just as shitty as a 250-pound one when someone offers an unsolicited "Are you anorexic?"…or the ever-classy throat-poking finger motion.

I wish we would all stop feeling shitty over what other people say about us no matter what we weigh.  People always have something to say and most of its ignorant. 

I really don't care if some girl does not want to join a club with a bunch of fatties or chub chubs.  Fatties and chub chubs have plenty of friends so they aren't missing anything here.

If the scale is the only issue any of us have, we all have it really good.

Some times it is better to just sit back and let things happen organically.

Brandi has no filter and no limit so I think Kyle's strategy (if this is a strategy) is a good one:  Don't poke the crazy chick with nothing to lose.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 10

There has been NO backlash against Mauricio either that any of us has heard/read. There has been no damage to his reputation/business at all according to what Kyle has said since episode 1 this season! LOL

Just because we seem to think there was no backlash, doesn't mean that what Lisa did wasn't offensive or that she didn't try to harm his friendships and business.   She wasn't effective; it wasn't for lack of effot.

• Love 8

I think Kyle will not lash back at Brandi after Game Night because of the backlash. She won't feed the perennial victim with stories of victimization.

This is kind of a vague generalization, but I do think Kyle is a bit "spineless" insofar as she gives people too much power over her, and then responds with direct anger (if she's guzzled a few drinks) or with passive aggression, if she feels comfortable enough - which means only with Lisa or Kim. One could definitely say Kyle's over-dramatic comments about Lisa ("preys on the weak" or "playing chess with Bobby Fisher") or her co-dependent relationship with Kim are examples of her giving over too much power. In instances like those with Brandi or Camille in the first couple of seasons, she's really, really riled by people who either accuse her of misdeeds or who seem to threaten her security. Ditto with Carlton, I think. In all those cases, Kyle then fears her anger (which can be really explosive, and which alcohol enables to come out) and draws back. She and Kim enact this scenario on each other (since I think Kim also represses a lot of anger, but lets it go without as much guilt.) With Lisa, I think Kyle kind of defensively criticized her to others - as if to defend herself against whatever power she gave Lisa over her. I don't think Kyle is too conscious of this dynamic, necessarily. But it makes her invaluable for this show b/c it's not hard to get under her skin - she does half the work for you!

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 5

Just because we seem to think there was no backlash, doesn't mean that what Lisa did wasn't offensive or that she didn't try to harm his friendships and business.   She wasn't effective; it wasn't for lack of effot.

Exactly. If the actual backlash is the problem at the end of the day, than Lisa V would have little reason to have been pissed at either Brandi or Adrienne. I believe it was the intent, not the outcome that caused the issue.

Mauricio's business might not have been harmed, but what about their reputation in the court of public opinion? Can anyone deny that their reputation took a huge hit with lots of folks who watch the show? I didn't read this particular forum back then, but Kyle's name was rarely mentioned without talk of what a "user" she was on other reputable forums frequented by smart and attentive viewers such as TWoP or Vulture. She was certainly hammered away at every single week on the Bravo blogs. It mattered not what she said or did, it all came back to her lack of integrity based on a few words from Lisa. It drove the narrative in the way people viewed her for a very long time. It still does.

Even more amazing was the way Kyle's behavior and motives began to be reviewed from the first season. One thing that Kyle pretty much always had going for her was that folks in large part felt like she was the wounded party in the whole Camille deal. After Lisa's made her claims a lot of people started ruminating on the fact that maybe Kyle wasn't so innocent and Camille wasn't so bad. Kyle and Mauricio had just been using Camille, so why shouldn't she treat Kyle like shit and threaten to fire him via text? Lisa completely changed the way many people who liked Kyle before started viewing her. Again, it took her over a year to set the record straight.

• Love 9

I love the expression "Brandi has no filter."  It's the perfect way of describing her.  She has a direct link from her command center to her mouth without going through her brain first.  Furthermore, the lack of a filter doesn't just apply to her words.  It applies to her actions as well.  Yanking that branch off of a beautiful, young olive tree was hurtful to the tree and to Lisa, a perfect demonstration to the other HWs of how she is, another shameful bid for attention, and an act of someone with no class whatsoever. 

Without overstating it or being melodramatic, I feel that Brandi could be dangerous -- could be.  She has such deep-seated anger, partly because of her parents and partly from her divorce ... and who knows how many other things.  When she ripped that branch off the tree, that was anger.  If I were one of the HWs, I would be very wary of her and would have as little interaction with her as possible.  I think she is just unpredictable enough and wild enough to do something harmful sometime.  Lisa V. is toying with her in her quest for an apology.  II were Lisa, I would tone it down and simply have nothing more to do with her.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 11

Exactly. If the actual backlash is the problem at the end of the day, than Lisa V would have little reason to have been pissed at either Brandi or Adrienne. I believe it was the intent, not the outcome that caused the issue.

Mauricio's business might not have been harmed, but what about their reputation in the court of public opinion? Can anyone deny that their reputation took a huge hit with lots of folks who watch the show? I didn't read this particular forum back then, but Kyle's name was rarely mentioned without talk of what a "user" she was on other reputable forums frequented by smart and attentive viewers such as TWoP or Vulture. She was certainly hammered away at every single week on the Bravo blogs. It mattered not what she said or did, it all came back to her lack of integrity based on a few words from Lisa. It drove the narrative in the way people viewed her for a very long time. It still does.

Even more amazing was the way Kyle's behavior and motives began to be reviewed from the first season. One thing that Kyle pretty much always had going for her was that folks in large part felt like she was the wounded party in the whole Camille deal. After Lisa's made her claims a lot of people started ruminating on the fact that maybe Kyle wasn't so innocent and Camille wasn't so bad. Kyle and Mauricio had just been using Camille, so why shouldn't she treat Kyle like shit and threaten to fire him via text? Lisa completely changed the way many people who liked Kyle before started viewing her. Again, it took her over a year to set the record straight.

I was part of the Bravo MBs and from day 1, there were comments about Mauricio putting sales before friendship but the opinion really took off when he scolded Kyle, and he did scold her, after her fight with Camille when Camille announced that Mauricio would no longer be their RE agent. The impression he gave many was that sales were more important to him than his wife's feelings/honor. So the notion that Lisa said something that would hurt them, Kyle/Mauricio, in the "court of public opinion" is well........laughable. LOL That idea was already out there on many social media sites and in many blogs.

• Love 6

I remember the scene with Kyle and Mauricio after Camille fired him and he definitely did not upbraid Kyle for her role in the conflict, if anything he was supportive, if not downright enabling, of Kyle. He claimed that he was surprised that Kyle was even involved in a conflict with another person which to me was BS because, while over the years Kyle does seem mellower and less hot-headed and mean-girl than she was in season one, I have no doubt that he has seen that side of her - he did not seem all that shocked when a short time later his wife threatened to stiletto in another woman's eye. Camille fired Mauricio by sending a text message to Kyle for pete's sake, and IMO Mauricio took it seriously enough that he knew he had to do damage control but at the same I don't think he saw it as an irrevocable gesture. In the end Mauricio stepped in and made nice with Camille and put things back on track when it came to their business relationship, although I think in the end Mauricio was not the realtor selected to represent the Grammers when they had to sell their LA-area properties when Camille and Kelsey divorced.

There was definitely discussion about Mauricio being friendly, solicitous, greasy, smarmy, opportunistic or what have you when it came to getting business and forming relationships. It was definitely out there and significant, but I don't necessarily think it defined him. When Lisa made the claim that Mauricio and Kyle formed friendships, it definitely kicked that sentiment up several notches, but for a quite a number of people it ratified an existing perception of him. To me I actually think that Lisa brought that up at the reunion to wound Kyle and pander to that segment of the audience much more than I think that it reflected her actual feeeeelings.

As far as accepting Brandi, other than Kim, Lisa was the last one to accept her. Adrienne and Taylor were first, then Kyle and Camille, I will elaborate further in Lisa's thread.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 3

Tamara would totally bulldoze over Brandi in a heartbeat. I'd love a crossover just to see that happen. Also, I'd love to see heather dubrow around the likes of the BH women minus Brandi. I could see heather fuming with envy at Yolanda's house especially her fridge :)

• Love 3

I love the expression "Brandi has no filter."

Brandi had a filter.  She used it with Kim at Brandi's first attendance at the White Party.  But she hasn't used it in a long time.  Someone posted a Bravo contract that alluded to performance bonuses, and I wonder if this is why we don't see it anymore.  As if Brandi is bringing drama for more money.

I was giing to clarify my weight statement because I didn't articulate what I truly meant, but I realize that it is such a sensitive topic that it still wouldn't matter. Maybe I should- I said "weight" discrimination not fat discrimination meaning that no one should be discriminated against for their weight, though we know in our society this really only happens if you are overweight. And I meant that only those thin people who have never had a weight problem but who judge overweight people or think it is so easy to not be overweight, should experience it once so they see what it feels like and can have some compassion gor those struggling. Of course I don't have a magic wand to wave...so my opinion means shit in the grand scheme of things.

Not to bring up old stuff, but what was "tampongate" with Brandi?

• Love 3

Brandi had a filter.  She used it with Kim at Brandi's first attendance at the White Party.  But she hasn't used it in a long time.  Someone posted a Bravo contract that alluded to performance bonuses, and I wonder if this is why we don't see it anymore.  As if Brandi is bringing drama for more money.

I agree that Brandi knows how to filter herself when she wants to. My favorite Brandi moment was in Hawaii during the dinner after Kyle pissed off Kim. Brandi was so kind to Kyle (in light of Game Night) and extremely supportive and gentle. Her words were very wise and chosen with care. She can do it when she needs to.

FYI....Celebrity Apprentice starts this Sunday. I think it will be interesting to see how Brandi filters herself on this show. I know there will be moments of outrageousness, but I also believe that we will largely see S2 Brandi on the show. I think she is conniving enough to be charming and hard-working because this could be a huge opportunity for her on a far bigger stage than she has ever had before. 

Not to bring up old stuff, but what was "tampongate" with Brandi?

Oh girl, you asked for it, so I am going to give it to you.  It is the 4th or 5th picture down the link.  Be prepared, you will never be able to "unsee" this....

There was a lot of attention put on Brandi after these pictures. Lots of commentary on various sites that she was out of control and possibly shouldn't even have custody of her boys.  With regard to the show, this incident happened when they were right in the middle of filming last season, but apparently all the girls agreed not to bring it up on camera, even though they were all talking about it off camera. Brandi alluded several times last season to "things that she was going through", some of which was presumably the outcry after this happened. This is also when Lisa apparently distanced herself from Brandi off camera. Lisa denied that she did this, but then Ken came on the reunion stage and admitted they had made the decision to distance themselves from her because of some stuff she had done away from the show. I think Tampongate is a huge part of a lot of stuff that happened last year, but since no one brought it up on camera, it leaves things murky and unsaid. 

http://icydk.com/2013/07/09/photos-brandi-glanville-gets-fall-down-drunk-last-night-and-shows-way-too-much-skin/

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 1

Motorcitymom85- let's start with a wtf? The sute is called Icey Dick, basically, yeah?!

Second, I wasn't ready. : / Never ask you for information cause you have it all.

Thirdly, I'm blinded!!!!!!!!!!

Fourth, Brandi is just trash.

Lastly, motorcitymom85- Bwaaaaahhhhh!!!! LMAO!!!! It took me that many mental steps to process it all. That is on the internet for prosperity!

Oops motorcitymom65 not 85! I can't figure out how to edit a post from my phone! Sorry I butchered your cute name!

I am just nasty cause I went back to look again- why?

• Love 3

Lisa claims it is all production, but we also saw Lisa request that Brandi go up and wish Scheana well on her upcoming marriage.  This is a bitch move of the highest order and certainly not something one would expect from a friend.

I agree it was a bitch move on Lisa's part.  All Brandi had to do was say "No, I'd rather not". Or, walk out the door when she found on Scheanna was there..(which again leads me to think the whole sequence was production driven).

If not, though, how is what Lisa did any worse than some of the stuff that the Truth Cannon has done- leaking the information about Adrienne's surrogacy, saying she thought Kim was on cocaine, the comments she made about one of the Miami HW's on WWHL?

While I don't give Lisa a pass on that, because it was tacky to say the least - I don't think Brandi can have it both ways in thinking that everyone should be sensitive to her situation, while she is just the opposite.

• Love 6
I think Kyle has been a little fearful of Brandi going after her and Kim's relationship. 

Kyle also might be fearful that Brandi knows (or think she knows) more about the Mauricio cheating rumors, and that she will put it on blast. Because, it is curious how Kyle went from initially going toe-to-toe with Brandi, to sitting back and letting her BFF TMCFR take on Brandi, and then to pacifying Brandi to the point of engaging Brandi's accusations against Lisa (at a time when Kyle and Lisa were working on their friendship).

So the notion that Lisa said something that would hurt them, Kyle/Mauricio, in the "court of public opinion" is well........laughable.

Pinky is apparently the most influential person on tv, don't ya know? And, evidently the audience is made up of morons who are supposedly unable to form their own opinions on the rest of the cast.

• Love 4

I'd like to see Brandi go head to head with Tamara of RHoOC but they would probably have to bleep out everything the two of them said to each other so it wouldn't be too much of a show.

Only dogs would be able to hear it with all the screeching.

I think Brandi has no filter when it comes to her status.  She will do whatever and say whatever if it means that she will earn more money and continue to live the lifestyle that she enjoys.  Most of her notoriety to date has come from the bomb she dropped on Adrienne.  To Lura's point above, Brandi is not afraid to go back there because it led to her greatest financial success and this makes her extremely dangerous.

If my apartment looked like Brandi's rental, I would probably have a house warming too.  Her place is gorgeous and that view is spectacular.  To keep a place like that, she will walk across a table (tm Evelyn Lozada) and attempt to kick Nene Leake's ass.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 4

Its interesting to see Brandi interact with Lisa and Ken. To me Brandi's big blowout with Lisa seemed so contrived last year (although the mothering complaint looked organic). She planned it out and so she had plenty of time to look further ahead then to the end of the season. At the reunion and certainly this season she seems to feel sorry for the fall out. Not that she's sorry that she betrayed her friendship/alliance last year, but that she has to deal with the aftermath now. How could she not look at least that far ahead? I know, I know, it's Brandi, but still. I think she is sorry to an extent for what she did but is too immature and weak to own up to it, so she's trying to just sweep it under the rug. Ken and Lisa aren't willing to overlook it and Brandi is visibly desperate in front of them and bitter when away from them. Her desperation and bitterness were in clear view with the awkward branch and Col. Angus comments. I'm sure Brandi intended it to be shocking, but really vulgarity is expected from her now. I did, however, find the "eye contact" comment shocking. After spending so much time with Ken, after the reunion, after all their frosty meetings. Did she really think talking to Ken Todd like that would make him sweep everything she did to his beloved Lisa under the rug? Now that's interesting!

• Love 6
(edited)

I was part of the Bravo MBs and from day 1, there were comments about Mauricio putting sales before friendship but the opinion really took off when he scolded Kyle, and he did scold her, after her fight with Camille when Camille announced that Mauricio would no longer be their RE agent. The impression he gave many was that sales were more important to him than his wife's feelings/honor. So the notion that Lisa said something that would hurt them, Kyle/Mauricio, in the "court of public opinion" is well........laughable. LOL That idea was already out there on many social media sites and in many blogs.

Mauricio never scolded Kyle-he said-"that is not like you."  Of course he does not want to lose a business connection but he never scolded Kyle.  Many may have gotten that impression but I honestly thinking calling anyone a liar let alone a "fucking liar" is something anyone's spouse  would be concerned about-especially  on TV.   Mauricio has never done business with Camille or Kelsey since because they are no longer flipping houses or buying houses.  Camille's over priced home continues to sit on the market after four years listed by a Malibu agent. But then again I feel the same way about STFU-to me the shut up is exceptionally rude and a F bomb and it is just classless.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I think the Lisa and Brandi feud is basically that Lisa distanced herself from Brandi after tampongate because she cared more about her image then about any friendship she had with Brandi. Brandi probably.felt hurt cause she thought her and Lisa were close friends while Lisa didn't feel the same way. Because tampongate wasn't talked about during filming...another reason.had to be invented this the scheena reason.

It also explains why when Joyce bought up tampongate at the reunion..everyone was shocked and Andy quickly changed the sibject . It probably was agreed upon that the incident wouldn't be discussed.

That's why I hate the scripted part of a reality show. U sign up..anything filmed has to be featured even the bad stuff.

Brandi isn't getting that her stunts r the reason Lisa won't embrace her...and Lisa had to understand that she cant change Brandi. So the best one.can hope for is.civil interactions at best with these two.

• Love 3

Mauricio never scolded Kyle-he said-"that is not like you."  Of course he does not want to lose a business connection but he never scolded Kyle.  Many may have gotten that impression but I honestly thinking calling anyone a liar let alone a "fucking liar" is something anyone's spouse  would be concerned about-especially  on TV.   Mauricio has never done business with Camille or Kelsey since because they are no longer flipping houses or buying houses.  Camille's over priced home continues to sit on the market after four years listed by a Malibu agent. But then again I feel the same way about STFU-to me the shut up is exceptionally rude and a F bomb and it is just classless.

Yes, many did get the impression that he scolded Kyle, more so than not if you read the various blogs and MBs.

I think the Lisa and Brandi feud is basically that Lisa distanced herself from Brandi after tampongate because she cared more about her image then about any friendship she had with Brandi. Brandi probably.felt hurt cause she thought her and Lisa were close friends while Lisa didn't feel the same way. Because tampongate wasn't talked about during filming...another reason.had to be invented this the scheena reason.

It also explains why when Joyce bought up tampongate at the reunion..everyone was shocked and Andy quickly changed the sibject . It probably was agreed upon that the incident wouldn't be discussed.

That's why I hate the scripted part of a reality show. U sign up..anything filmed has to be featured even the bad stuff.

Brandi isn't getting that her stunts r the reason Lisa won't embrace her...and Lisa had to understand that she cant change Brandi. So the best one.can hope for is.civil interactions at best with these two.

I don't think Lisa distanced herself from Brandi because of 1 gross action/photo, tampongate, but because Brandi got angry/resentful toward Lisa when Lisa critiqued her public behavior. 1 of the first complaints Brandi lodge against Lisa, a claim Yolanda supported, was that Lisa "Mothered" Brandi too much. Brandi pushed Lisa away first and then Lisa stopped trying, it was not the other way around.

• Love 7

Yes, many did get the impression that he scolded Kyle, more so than not if you read the various blogs and MBs.

I don't think Lisa distanced herself from Brandi because of 1 gross action/photo, tampongate, but because Brandi got angry/resentful toward Lisa when Lisa critiqued her public behavior. 1 of the first complaints Brandi lodge against Lisa, a claim Yolanda supported, was that Lisa "Mothered" Brandi too much. Brandi pushed Lisa away first and then Lisa stopped trying, it was not the other way around.

It seems like someone should tell Ken if that is the case so he and Lisa can be on the same page. They said nothing at the reunion about pulling away because Brandi was resistant to Lisa's constant mothering. Lisa also never said this when Brandi accused her of pulling away when confronted in PR. She simply denied she had done this. If there was a valid reason, why not say so? Ken said at the reunion that they decided to distance themselves from Brandi due to some things she had done off camera. I cannot I imagine what this would have been outside of the dangling tampon string, especially given the timing. Brandi's vile comments about Johanna and her smelly stuff, and the waxing poetic about molestation both happened after filming had ended. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

They pulled away from her because she was disloyal and dangerous to be close to. Ken can come off like a real prick sometimes but, it is clear he adores and is very protective of Lisa and I admire that.  Brandi is classic BPD she first idolizes you and then she magnifies any perceived slight or imperfection in those she is close to and then she is a bomb in her attempt to destroy them and tear them from the pedestal she has placed them on. That is why she can't sustain anything.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 10

To me Lisa's attitude changed dramatically after the dinner at SUR when Brandi lost her mind and Michael and Joyce shut her down.  Lisa as a Executive Producer for VanderPump Rules (it was a cross over episode)had to have seen the dailies and realized the continued defense of Brandi was becoming a fool's errand.  The absolute asinine conversation that took place after Brandi's departure was one of the worst conceived plans I have ever seen.  I am so glad that huge fameho Mohamed got handed his reputation by Brandi.  Ken counting the people at the table supporting Brandi-ludicrous.  Now there is one who remains-Yolanda in Brandi's camp.  Lisa next course of action was to err on the side of kindness and concern because being accused of over-mothering is a little bit like being accused of being too generous.  It is not a real insult or concern. 

So Brandi angry that Lisa was devoting too much time to things other than Brandi went looking for nits.  I found it amusing when Lisa said Brandi called her pretty much every day - upset.  I don't blame Lisa for wanting to rid herself of Brandi.  Long before the dinner SUR, Brandi had overstepped at David and Yolanda's once again making Ken and Lisa look like utter classless fools.

Let's face Lisa was angry about the cast reaction to her fake Dancing with the Stars faint.  Although not an assault on her character it was certainly a questioning of her acting abilities. 

• Love 2

It seems like someone should tell Ken if that is the case so he and Lisa can be on the same page. They said nothing at the reunion about pulling away because Brandi was resistant to Lisa's constant mothering. Lisa also never said this when Brandi accused her of pulling away when confronted in PR. She simply denied she had done this. If there was a valid reason, why not say so? Ken said at the reunion that they decided to distance themselves from Brandi due to some things she had done off camera. I cannot I imagine what this would have been outside of the dangling tampon string, especially given the timing. Brandi's vile comments about Johanna and her smelly stuff, and the waxing poetic about molestation both happened after filming had ended.

Brandi made that claim, not Lisa and I never said Lisa said it. Brandi claimed, and Yolanda supported that claim, that Lisa "mothered her" and she "already had a mother" several times last season. Lisa did not pull away from Brandi, it was Brandi that pulled away from Lisa and then she blamed Lisa for it. You and several others are claiming Lisa pulled away from Brandi because of "tampongate" and I strongly disagree because I saw Brandi, with Yolanda's help, pull away from Lisa. Lisa did not start pulling away until after the PR trip IMO. As for Ken, he is over being on the show IMO. He is much older than everyone else, set in his ways, like many his age and tired of trying to keep up with the games all the women, including Lisa, and the producers play! It has to be exhausting! LOL

• Love 9

Enjoying Eileen's low-key persona, and that she seems to be self-aware and in on the joke. But another thing I like is that every time she's offered food or drink, she's like YEAH!! She obviously has great genes and I'm sure she works out but where Rinna to me looks disciplined and taught, Davidson looks naturally slender and comfortable in her skin.

Even in that first meeting with Rinna at the restaurant and the waiter suggested the salmon and Davidson said she'd have that, I believed she'd eat it. Unlike Rinna, who said she'd have the same thing but I seriously doubt she had more than her self-allotted 2 oz of protein or whatever.

Not a slam on weights or fitness or anything; just another interesting difference between the two women who come from similar show business backgrounds and are of a similar age, but are approaching their lives in ways that suit their own personalities rather than not.

On another note, how huge are Rinna's eyes in real life?! I swear sometimes I feel like I'm being hypnotized by a cobra, they're so THERE and BIG and INTENT.

• Love 3

Brandi made that claim, not Lisa and I never said Lisa said it. Brandi claimed, and Yolanda supported that claim, that Lisa "mothered her" and she "already had a mother" several times last season

What gets me is that Brandi didn't like Lisa treating her like a child (mothering her) but doesn't mind Yolanda comparing her to a dog.

It seems to me that Yolanda 'mothers' Brandi as much as much as Lisa did, if not more, and Brandi has no problem with it so that issue is total bs to me. I think Brandi saw a better opportunity with Yolanda-she could get more out of Yolanda-so she switched alliances. I've always thought that Yolanda's main issue with Lisa is Lisa's close friendship with Mohamed and Yolanda jumped at the chance to go after Lisa once she (Yolanda) teamed up with Brandi.

Eta: not that I think Lisa is without flaws.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 9

Damn, Kyle. Cut back on the coffee. She looks so bug-eyed and hyper this season.

I think the real thing Brandi and Kyle have against Lisa is that Lisa has made it pretty clear she no longer has an interest in being friends with them. She will be cordial, even friendly, but that's it. If you notice, all the talk about who did what to whom is from them. They call Lisa, they ask for lunch dates, they harass her for definitive answers about the status of the relationship. For all the talk about Lisa not moving on, she has moved on just not in the way Kyle and Brandi want. I'm not even trying to get into who is right or wrong, but they are never going to get an apology from Lisa because Lisa doesn't care if they are all on good terms or not.

• Love 15

What gets me is that Brandi didn't like Lisa treating her like a child (mothering her) but doesn't mind Yolanda comparing her to a dog.

It seems to me that Yolanda 'mothers' Brandi as much as much as Lisa did, if not more, and Brandi has no problem with it so that issue is total bs to me. I think Brandi saw a better opportunity with Yolanda-she could get more out of Yolanda-so she switched alliances. I've always thought that Yolanda's main issue with Lisa is Lisa's close friendship with Mohamed and Yolanda jumped at the chance to go after Lisa once she (Yolanda) teamed up with Brandi

Yolanda also compared Brandi to a child, a naughty child if I remember correctly. ITA, I do think Yolanda dislikes Lisa because of Mohammad which makes me question if their relationship is as good as she, Yolanda, claims.

• Love 7

My New Year's resolution was to stop lurking and start posting! It makes me wonder what resolutions the housewives would make...

Lisa V.  - to  make Brandi pay for evah!!

Kyle  - to let everyone know how far she and Mauricio have come.

Lisa R. - to hustle, hustle, hustle!

Kim - to not look shocked and mortified when her new best friend says something shocking and mortifying.

Brandi - to have this be the year she's not evicted.

Eileen - to not get too comfortable with this new gig.

Yolanda - who cares

Happy New Years (a little late)!

• Love 16

It seems to me that Yolanda 'mothers' Brandi as much as much as Lisa did, if not more, and Brandi has no problem with it so that issue is total bs to me. I think Brandi saw a better opportunity with Yolanda-she could get more out of Yolanda-so she switched alliances. I've always thought that Yolanda's main issue with Lisa is Lisa's close friendship with Mohamed and Yolanda jumped at the chance to go after Lisa once she (Yolanda) teamed up with Brandi.

Eta: not that I think Lisa is without flaws.

Brandi did address this at last year's reunion - she said she doesn't mind Yolanda's mothering because she is the same on camera as she is off camera. I think Brandi is generally full of it but I do think she is telling the truth on this one - just because it was when she was drunk in Palm Springs and Lisa took away the bottle that Brandi slurred, "Lisa, I want you to stop strategizing." Based on what has been said since then, it seems clear Brandi was speaking to how Lisa mothers her on camera for the sake of appearances.

• Love 4

Damn, Kyle. Cut back on the coffee. She looks so bug-eyed and hyper this season.

I think the real thing Brandi and Kyle have against Lisa is that Lisa has made it pretty clear she no longer has an interest in being friends with them. She will be cordial, even friendly, but that's it. If you notice, all the talk about who did what to whom is from them. They call Lisa, they ask for lunch dates, they harass her for definitive answers about the status of the relationship. For all the talk about Lisa not moving on, she has moved on just not in the way Kyle and Brandi want. I'm not even trying to get into who is right or wrong, but they are never going to get an apology from Lisa because Lisa doesn't care if they are all on good terms or not.

I totally agree. I don't think Lisa owes either of them an apology for anything.

• Love 6

Or the Adderall.  She did lose weight between the seasons.  From the looks of her arms, it wasn't all due to a surgeon!

My New Year's resolution was to stop lurking and start posting! It makes me wonder what resolutions the housewives would make...

Lisa V. - to make Brandi pay for evah!!

Kyle - to let everyone know how far she and Mauricio have come.

Lisa R. - to hustle, hustle, hustle!

Kim - to not look shocked and mortified when her new best friend says something shocking and mortifying.

Brandi - to have this be the year she's not evicted.

Eileen - to not get too comfortable with this new gig.

Yolanda - who cares

Happy New Years (a little late)!

Congratulations on fulfilling your resolution. Mine was to join a stop smoking group. They cancelled the group due to lack of sign ups. Oh well....whadyagonnado....

• Love 1

Brandi did address this at last year's reunion - she said she doesn't mind Yolanda's mothering because she is the same on camera as she is off camera. I think Brandi is generally full of it but I do think she is telling the truth on this one - just because it was when she was drunk in Palm Springs and Lisa took away the bottle that Brandi slurred, "Lisa, I want you to stop strategizing." Based on what has been said since then, it seems clear Brandi was speaking to how Lisa mothers her on camera for the sake of appearances.

Not buying it, Yolanda has admitted that she has no contact with Brandi outside filming whereas Lisa did, until after last season that is. This comment from Yolanda is current, she does not have contact with Brandi after filming ends!

• Love 5

I totally agree. I don't think Lisa owes either of them an apology for anything.

Lisa did apologize to Kyle and if she hates the group she can always increase her time on Vanderpump Rules.  It never works when they have the big divide.  Last year Lisa tried to exile Kyle and it just wasn't a good fit.  Brandi and Lisa succeeded in running Adrienne off and they can forever claim that accomplishment.  Those exiles were over things that were said in Season 2-not that Lisa holds on to grudges.  I think Lisa and Ken should stop discussing the women and either do the show or move on.  I would miss Lisa and would rather see Brandi go but these assertive blogs and talking heads seem to be for the purpose of nothing more than to stir up feelings from previous seasons.

Yolanda and Kyle seem ready to move on and maybe Yolanda is feeling like she is getting the Adrienne Maloof treatment with the invitation exclusions.

Just a matter of time before Yolanda is a target.

I think that ship has sailed.  Each non-invite is a big black eye for Yolanda.  Yolanda screwed around in the let's exclude Kyle group and I just don't think she thought it would ever happen to her.

• Love 3

I don't remember anyone on the show calling Brandi "trash," so I am assuming that this refers to my post saying, "Brandi brings the trash level down to a RHONJ-level". I believe that my post was misconstrued.

No worries, Granimal. I don't pay enough attention to who posts what and I'm sorry you took it that way. Internet communication is a tricky thing and it's easy to read into something that's not there. It's all good. :)

• Love 1

Not buying it, Yolanda has admitted that she has no contact with Brandi outside filming whereas Lisa did, until after last season that is. This comment from Yolanda is current, she does not have contact with Brandi after filming ends!

Yolanda has also said that Brandi was one of the few friends to come visit and spend time with her when her Lyme Disease was its worst following her first season - so, by Yolanda's own admission, they have in fact spent time off camera together. Not to mention that the ladies see each other off camera when they are filming on trips or at events. Cameras are not always present (hence why there is no footage of the great Kyle/Camille "Why would they want you without Kelsey" conversation). I don't think Yolanda meant that comment like she literally has no contact with Brandi outside of the shooting the show - but just that the bulk of their friendship, due to scheduling demands, does happen on the show.

• Love 2

Wait, this can't be right. Wouldn't that make Yolanda a Hollywood friend? ; )

• Love 5

Brandi, girl...You intend to get so drunk at this party that you don't see, hear, or remember anything?

Just curious.  How does that behavior differ from 90% of the other parties you attend?

I'm just thankful a tampon string didn't make a surprise appearance.  

• Love 6

Yolanda has also said that Brandi was one of the few friends to come visit and spend time with her when her Lyme Disease was its worst following her first season - so, by Yolanda's own admission, they have in fact spent time off camera together. Not to mention that the ladies see each other off camera when they are filming on trips or at events. Cameras are not always present (hence why there is no footage of the great Kyle/Camille "Why would they want you without Kelsey" conversation). I don't think Yolanda meant that comment like she literally has no contact with Brandi outside of the shooting the show - but just that the bulk of their friendship, due to scheduling demands, does happen on the show.

I think Yolanda started distancing herself from Brandi after she threw Mohammad under the bus to start a fight with Krupa on WWHL. They are not as close as they pretend, also, even though Yolanda claimed Brandi came to visit her, she also said that Lisa never visited her and we know that was a lie so.............Yolanda did mean that she does not see Brandi after they finish filming for the season.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

I'll bet her boobs did, though.  She couldn't keep her dress from slipping off them at the start of the party while sober.  Hopefully her father, who has had a problem with her boob-baring dresses in the past, told her to go put on a shirt.  Which is interesting to me because according to Brandi, he walked around the house naked when she was a teenager.  So what does he expect from his little princess?

• Love 7

Speaking of Brandi's boobs falling out, I find it so strange the way these women pick at each other like monkeys. They're always reaching out to adjust somebody's clothes, and hair, and boobs. Especially the boobs. It's just weird. I've never greeted a friend at a party by rearranging her clothes. And they all do it. Is this a thing other people do? I'll grant you I'm not super touchy-feely so maybe it just looks strange to me.

• Love 4

I have no problem saying it:  I think Brandy is pure trash. She has a gutter mouth and absolutely no sense of appropriateness. Its' beyond not having a filter...she feels she MUST make some sexual comment in any situation, no matter how inappropriate or uncalled for. I would not want her around my husband, family or any get togethers I throw.  She's pure filth. Anyone who can make Tamra Barney seem like Emily Post is not someone I want to see on my TV screen. I feel so bad for her children.

• Love 9

She uses her crudeness as a weapon under the guise of humor.

Lisa did apologize to Kyle and if she hates the group she can always increase her time on Vanderpump Rules. It never works when they have the big divide. Last year Lisa tried to exile Kyle and it just wasn't a good fit. Brandi and Lisa succeeded in running Adrienne off and they can forever claim that accomplishment. Those exiles were over things that were said in Season 2-not that Lisa holds on to grudges. I think Lisa and Ken should stop discussing the women and either do the show or move on. I would miss Lisa and would rather see Brandi go but these assertive blogs and talking heads seem to be for the purpose of nothing more than to stir up feelings from previous seasons.

Yolanda and Kyle seem ready to move on and maybe Yolanda is feeling like she is getting the Adrienne Maloof treatment with the invitation exclusions.

I think that ship has sailed. Each non-invite is a big black eye for Yolanda. Yolanda screwed around in the let's exclude Kyle group and I just don't think she thought it would ever happen to her.

Did Kyle apologize for starting it? I could be wrong but at least on camera, she threw the first blow.

• Love 2

Brandi, girl...You intend to get so drunk at this party that you don't see, hear, or remember anything?

Just curious.  How does that behavior differ from 90% of the other parties you attend?

But it would have been nice to see some fashion tape....that dress was all about her boobs falling out (accidentally on purpose)....

She uses her crudeness as a weapon under the guise of humor.

I agree - that comment to Lisa was horrendous!!  As bawdy as Lisa can be sometimes, I think even she was shocked at it - Lisa actually seemed speechless for a minute, which doesn't happen often. 

• Love 2